• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phoenix Wright Mafia [GAME OVER!]

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
explain to me how Sinz is town if we're both using this method. it's only good for a basis and i've found Sinz play pretty scummy through my reread as explained earlier.

dont clear people like that mac.

Riddle

Smash Lord
Macman brings up an interesting point. Whatever, I didn't really want to lynch swords anyways.

Vote: Cacti (again)

I really don't think that Cacti vs. Swords is TvT and Cacti looks like the better option at this point.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Sorry I haven't posted in a little while.

However, I still believe that Kevin is scum. Though my theory isn't the greatest thing ever, I tried to contribute. So get rid of this Sinz isn't contributing stuff. I am trying to contribute.

Incase you didn't read my post, basically it is was. I think Cacti and Kevin are partners in the mafia.

vote: KevinM

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer

Oh! It's so nice to see you all! This just came down from the Precinct. I'm sure you'll all find it handy.

VOTE COUNT

SwordsRbroken [3] : Cacti, Rockin, Mentosman8
The Truth [1] : Marshy
Cacti [1] : Riddle
Rockin [1] : KevinM
Mentosman8 [1] : Macman
Sinz [1] : Omni
KevinM [1] : Sinz
Not Voting: Gheb_01, SwordsRbroken, Pierre

deadlien is the last minute of 11/12 takes 7/13 to lynch

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
So like I'm going to come right out and say this even though I normally just ignore you Macman, drop this.

You're DEAD wrong, and if you continue you to pursue this your just hurting the town with your normal, I have a gut read and as usual it's wrong.

Also I like totally want to lynch Sinz at this point, reason being this. He's tunneling like crazy and not only is he tunneling but he's tunneling on the scum team, does anyone else find this odd that he seems so self assured that not only does he know the scum team but the exact amount of people in it.

Like **** doesn't add up, but I'm telling you now Macman, stop your idiocy, normally I use your reads to base mine off of different people but if you continue to push with no feasible case on me it's stupid.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Basically the point I'm like trying to make here is I'm not going to let you and marshy **** around with your one line bull**** anymore, you're not helping town you're both way offbase and you're both unhelpful. In fact strike what I said about Sinz, hell even if he is scum he's helping town way more then either of you are at this point. Who it down for a good old like marshy wagonnn.

Unvote Whomever
Vote Marshy

Do you like care to contribute at all either of you guys or are you guys going to pop in post some one or two liners normally making no sense and then only make huge broad reaching posts about the guy who's in your gut's question when called out on your anti-town behavior.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I never said I knew exactly how many people are on the scum team. I made a theory and am standing by it. Yes, I may be tunneling. But, i have a gut feeling about you and Cacti.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Also, I am going to go take a look at Marshy in a bit. You investigating him makes me curious. I am going to go "tunnel" Marshy some.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
A lot of this may mirror the beginning of Sinz’s case, however I’ll try to expand on it. And I don’t at all think that it is a Kevin/Cacti pair. Reread sinz’s post though; 367.

Kevin votes cacti in 117. No reasoning, when I read this the first time I thought it was a joke/random vote. He also fails to comment on anything that’s happened thus far. In 121 and 123, he sheds light suspicion on the people who bwed Cacti because of the point riddle made. He claims that it is troublesome when 3 people throw a vote on cacti without any reasoning. The 3 he is referring to can only be Riddle, Swords and me. I guess he ignores the fact that riddle brought up a very legitimate point against Cacti. Marshy later asks, “why are you voting with people you are seemingly suspicious of then?” I do find slightly suspicious that didn’t unvote. Kevin responds to this in post136. It can only be implied from here that he had real suspicions for Cacti and that it was not a joke/random vote. He has yet to give any reasoning for wanting to lynch Cacti. This is further backed by his post 145. In 146 right afterwards he votes chaco. And then in 148 he presents a fairly valid case against Chaco.

I don’t know what his scummotive behind this switch to chaco could be. It makes me want to think that he is town. We do however know that Kevin may have realized he dug himself in a hole by stating he wanted to lynch Cacti, but not having any actual reasons as to why. So he possibly could have just wanted to move on to another subject.

how can i? you never justified your vote on cacti. all i saw was an unexplained vote, a wagon form on someone you supposedly thought was scummy, then criticize the players who were going the same direction you were. why did you vote cacti?
At the two things directed at me Marshy, the first being I really like the term smell me and just wanted to use it towards a fellow bro. Sorry if I threw off your scumdar in any way, I hope we can remain bros. Secondly…
Kevin dodges the question about why he voted cacti. Appeal to the emotion with “hope we can remain bros”. Oh lol, I am seeing now that marshy already made this point in his 210. Kevin responds in 212.

Votes truth with no reasoning in 226.

Goes back to voting chaco in

Marshy puts Kevin on his scumlist and I say that I think marshy is town. Kevin then goes on this whole rant about ****. Seems like a huge appeal to emotion to me. Kevin in general has stated suspicions of Cacti, Rockin and Truth. He’s backed none of these suspicions except for rockin, and that is the vote he is currently sticking with right now. Kevin says he’ll proxy his vote to marshy. Not sure what the scummotive behind that is as well. Maybe to remove himself from marshy as a lynch candidate.

Most of all. He switches his suspicions to Swords near deadline. Swords at this point seems like he is going to be the lynch, after my beast of a post, you all should now realize that Swords is most likely townie/indy. He also includes sinz in his suspicions and I’m getting a strong town vibe from Sinz. Also sinz seemed to be another potential candidate for a lynch. Seems like he was just trying to prepare himself to hop on one of them in order to guarantee a mislynch.

If this case doesn’t convince you. [I wasn’t convinced until his last post] than w/e. I’m still fine with him, riddle, or mentosman.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Then like vote me, I'm sick of seeing your stupid reaching cases that you won't even put your money in. You can call out all the people you think are mafia in the world, if you don't throw a vote down on them and convince the town that the scum is scum you're just hurting town and you're a stick in the mud.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Also you're misconstruing facts as well by like saying my posts towards Marshy are reactions towards being put in his scum list. How do you know the reasoning for my posting, you're reaching really hard.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Kevin if you're really not scum, lynch riddle or mentos with me.

Your vote for marshy was scummy as well. def doesn't seem at all like you voted him cuz you thought he was scummy. Also why aren't you voting me, you said an hour go that you were getting vibes from me?

cactis most likely not the play, i could prolly do that disconnection **** with him too

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
My vote for Marshy was like the same exact reasoning I have of you. I picked one to pay more attention to and it's marshy.

Also I don't like do ultimatums so you can know for a fact I'm not lynching your two candidates just to get a vote off of me.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Macman, I've got to agree with Kevin that you're majorly tunneling. And yes, that's knowing that up until a few posts of yours ago your lynch pool consisted of half the players.

Now, on to other things, you're really willing to clear someone because you don't think scum would bus their partners early? Guess what, scum knows people do that too and can use it to manipulate the town. Lynch scummy players, don't say "Oh, he's scummy, but there's no way mafia would bus their partner this early, he must be town/indie!" Never presume to know what scum is thinking, because it comes back to haunt you.

Not saying that it's a terrible idea to use "disconnections," but if we go clearing scummy people because everyone voices suspicion on them, well, scum's eventually gonna catch on and make it kill us.

Still down for Swords/Cacti lynch at the moment.

Omni

BRoomer
i dont like that mentos is still down for swords/cacti lynch

Omni

BRoomer
oh, and mentos, this disconneciton **** usually only works Day 1

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah, but when it becomes known that if everyone is suspicious of someone D1 we write them off, suddenly scum has a good reason to bus early. Remember, scum learns too, and seeing people written off for being suspected all around means it may become their strategy. Not saying it's what is happening here, but I don't think writing off scummy players as lynches solely because everyone agrees their suspicious, even if it's not the case this game, will cause scum to use this strategy any time one of them falls under fire.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Sinz, Riddle or Cacti (although I'm not convinced that Cacti is scum either; just more likely than Swords). As I read thourgh the recent pages I become more comfortable with Macman too.

using my disconnections method, mac? nice.
YOUR disconnection method? Don't make me laugh. :laugh:

sinz is town
no not cacti jeez, lets just go kevinM. pretty please
Kevin if you're really not scum, lynch riddle or mentos with me.
FoS Macman

I don't care anymore if it's typical for you to not explain your thought process - this time it's clearly too much. You can accuse me of speaking out my "***" all day if you want but that doesn't change my opinion of you. The last quote is one of the most pathetic attempts ever to manipulate somebody. You post a lot but I don't feel like you actually say a lot. You changed your opinion about swords at least 3 times now, starting from him being town to land in your lynch pool and ending up clear again. It's hard to take you serious at this point.

I never said I knew exactly how many people are on the scum team. I made a theory and am standing by it. Yes, I may be tunneling. But, i have a gut feeling about you and Cacti.
You don't win Mafia games by following gut feelings. You try to use logic to deduce who's scum. This is part of the reason why many people want you gone - you try to push lynches based on your gut, which will inevitably lead to a mislynch. Not exactly pro-town.

i dont like that mentos is still down for swords/cacti lynch
I don't like how blatantly obvious your attempts to manipulate others are.

Pierre, Swords ... why are you not voting?

Vote Sinz

:059:

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
It's bewildering how people can find me scummy, even after I just semi-cleared swords. There no reason for mafia to do that unless Swords' is my scumpartner. Its also funny how half the town accuses me of tunneling and then half the towns is suspicious of me because I change my mind too much. Quite hilarious actually because those are two conflicting. Just because you don't agree with/like my playstyle doesn't mean you shouldn't take me seriously.

I'm getting sinz as Truth's mason partner. Which is why I don't wanna lynch him. [and cuz he never did anything scummy to me]. Can truth/sinz confirm this? I might be wrong of course but this is what I found when rereading. If i'm right, sorry for outing you, but I decided it would be for the best. If I'm wrong then go ahead and lynch sinz all you want to.

It's funny how people are suspicious of sinz when he's actually been making cases against people and actually seeming to give a **** about finding scum. But not mentos who has done anything, and people don't wanna lynch him because "he's talking now so I don't really find him scummy anymore" but then remains suspicious of the two most obvious suspicions in the game and the two most closest to a lynch.

But w/e don't listen. do yall

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
And what the **** are you saying gheb, I laid out my whole ****ing thought process in that huge post I made. I've explained why I thought sinz and cacti were town, and I explained why I thought riddle and mentos were scum. The kevin post came later. But noooooo of course I don't explain my thought processes.

I changed my opinion about swords twice, being suspicious of him for like 1 real life day until I made the post and changed my mind. Lol at being accused of being manipulative.

Hitman JT

The Infinite One
NNID
JT.Hitman
3DS FC
1435-5432-6684
Wtf Mac...don't try to guess my mason partner. My claim should be enough information for now...and the last thing I want to do is give the mafia even more information to work with so they'll know who to nightkill. Sinz, don't confirm whether or not we're connected.

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
Sinz, Riddle or Cacti (although I'm not convinced that Cacti is scum either; just more likely than Swords). As I read thourgh the recent pages I become more comfortable with Macman too.

YOUR disconnection method? Don't make me laugh. :laugh:

FoS Macman

I don't care anymore if it's typical for you to not explain your thought process - this time it's clearly too much. You can accuse me of speaking out my "***" all day if you want but that doesn't change my opinion of you. The last quote is one of the most pathetic attempts ever to manipulate somebody. You post a lot but I don't feel like you actually say a lot. You changed your opinion about swords at least 3 times now, starting from him being town to land in your lynch pool and ending up clear again. It's hard to take you serious at this point.

You don't win Mafia games by following gut feelings. You try to use logic to deduce who's scum. This is part of the reason why many people want you gone - you try to push lynches based on your gut, which will inevitably lead to a mislynch. Not exactly pro-town.

I don't like how blatantly obvious your attempts to manipulate others are.

Pierre, Swords ... why are you not voting?

Vote Sinz

:059:
I agree with you on macman and sinz. Macman has been scummy in these past few pages. I think he's been waiting to bus someone, in order to end the day. Like you said, Sinz has been voting only on "gut feelings". And he's been building a crap case against KevinM. Ever since the wagon on me stopped, he's been voting Kevin.

Vote: Sinz

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Wtf Mac...don't try to guess my mason partner. My claim should be enough information for now...and the last thing I want to do is give the mafia even more information to work with so they'll know who to nightkill. Sinz, don't confirm whether or not we're connected.
well as you can see he's about to get lynched. So if he is you kinda have to claim now.

Omni

BRoomer
i think you're mad because you've painted a picture in your head that Sinz is town and you're too stubborn to think otherwise. thus anyone who votes for someone u "clear" as town starts looking scummy. again, stop clearing people mac. just because you change your mind a lot doesn't mean you aren't tunneling.

and dear lord can u stop talking about Truth's mason partner. jesus christ dude. why would you ask him to confirm who is partner is? you're REALLY not thinking things through right now.

Omni

BRoomer
we really need to get another wagon going before the deadline. i'd hate for everyone to start voting someone at the last second only to have them make a solid claim that should force us to take our votes off them and be left with nothing.

people should start voting

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
well as you can see he's about to get lynched. So if he is you kinda have to claim now.
Actually, I am just vanilla. I don't have anything special, so me getting lynched wouldn't be the worst thing for the town.

So when I actually try to make a case I get ****ed over. Funny stuff. Maybe I should just try to insult every single person who takes a tiny bit of suspicion in me. Then try to blame it all on Marshy. Heh.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
hey someone said something about the vig not shooting tonight to determine whether there is an SK. They should shoot anyways. The knowledge of knowing whether there is an SK or not is not really that important. Shooting would be great because after a d1 full of connections/talk like this one, deaths will net us quite a bit of info.

I think this point is moot tho since I doubt Jungle would put an nightvig in a game this small, but yu never know.
No they shouldn't. If they hold off their kill for at least one day, it can help find out if we have an sk or not. Also, if there's a vig, I rather the vig use his shot with confidence that the said target is anti-town then them just either guessing or whatnot. >>

That reminds me. You said you had two theories. One of them was mentioned many pages back. Mind sharing to use the other theory?

It's bewildering how people can find me scummy, even after I just semi-cleared swords. There no reason for mafia to do that unless Swords' is my scumpartner. Its also funny how half the town accuses me of tunneling and then half the towns is suspicious of me because I change my mind too much. Quite hilarious actually because those are two conflicting. Just because you don't agree with/like my playstyle doesn't mean you shouldn't take me seriously.

I'm getting sinz as Truth's mason partner. Which is why I don't wanna lynch him. [and cuz he never did anything scummy to me]. Can truth/sinz confirm this? I might be wrong of course but this is what I found when rereading. If i'm right, sorry for outing you, but I decided it would be for the best. If I'm wrong then go ahead and lynch sinz all you want to.

It's funny how people are suspicious of sinz when he's actually been making cases against people and actually seeming to give a **** about finding scum. But not mentos who has done anything, and people don't wanna lynch him because "he's talking now so I don't really find him scummy anymore" but then remains suspicious of the two most obvious suspicions in the game and the two most closest to a lynch.

But w/e don't listen. do yall
It's not really that 'bewildening' when you look at some of your recent posts. As other have said, it seems like you're not entirely looking at your post correctly (Basically, you're looking like gheb atm) and therefore, your answers/statements look more scummy then they do town. For example, you just tried to look for truth's mason partner. How does that benefit town? Don't you feel that if Truth's partner was in trouble/chosen as a lynch target, he would step in to immediatly cover for him? Gotta think, man...

I dunno about others, but the reason why I'm not after mentos atm is because he hasn't done anything scummy as of yet. The main issue with him was that was barely contributing as well as answering Marshy's questions. Now that he has done both, there's nothing to pin on Mentos atm.

Actually, I am just vanilla. I don't have anything special, so me getting lynched wouldn't be the worst thing for the town.

So when I actually try to make a case I get ****ed over. Funny stuff. Maybe I should just try to insult every single person who takes a tiny bit of suspicion in me. Then try to blame it all on Marshy. Heh.
*facepalm* ugh. Way to listen to truth's request.

As far as with Macman, I...just don't know. He seems town, but he's not playing it like he should. His thought proccess isn't there atm it seems, as he was doing pretty good at the beginning of D1 (in terms of contributing and stating his reasons). I do understand other's annoyance with him though. As far as Macman meatridin* on Marshy, it's...yeah lol. Macman, you need to calm down and look at your suspects throughouly and carefully. You keep moving back and forth. If this keeps up, your brain is going to be fried, just like how it possibly did in MegaMafia with me vs. EE.

As far as truth's claim, I'm gonna buy it for now. My vote is still sticking with swords, as he's still pretty scummy. Cacti already said the same reasons I was going to state. Oh, and lulz for Dinz being the new 'spam master's gut'

* = Smash term of being a 'fanboy'

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
k, yall are right. I just tried using the disconnection method with Truth and there were only a few ppl who haven't shown suspicion of him. and sinz was one of them, and also the most likely so I deducted that he was the mason partner. I wanted truth to confirm if my suspicions were true. If I was wrong I didn't care for him to tell me who it actually was. So I just didn't want us to waste time trying to lynch him with the 3 days we have left. But I actually think i know who it is now XD but i'll just keep quiet.

still think sinz is town, but you guys can go ahead and lynch him. w/e. I stand by my lynchpool.

Cacti

Smash Journeyman
Disconnection method doesn't really work with Swords + Riddle. Even though Riddle initially said that me and Swords were both scummy, he never elaborated on swords, he only did against me and has only gone for me since.

Swords swings to the nearest lynch that looks like it'll happen again >.>

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
1. It's getting close to the deadline, and we don't want a no-lynch.
2. Sinz is scummy, but i'm becoming more and more comfortable with a Macman lynch.
3. Can anyone tell me what the disconnection method is?

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
unvote truth vote sinz

Unvote Whomever
Vote Marshy

Do you like care to contribute at all either of you guys or are you guys going to pop in post some one or two liners normally making no sense and then only make huge broad reaching posts about the guy who's in your gut's question when called out on your anti-town behavior.
this is too vague. yes my last 2 posts are 1-liners but it looks like you're ignoring the content in them. it reminds me of chacoscum's pseudoscumhunting in ff7 when he used a similar reason to be suspicious of me. i've explained my thought process a lot more than i usually do so far and don't see what you're arguing here

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer

Erm...yes...your "thing" is ready...here...

VOTE COUNT

SwordsRbroken [3] : Cacti, Rockin, Mentosman8
Cacti [1] : Riddle
Marshy [1] : KevinM
Sinz [4] : Omni, Gheb, Swords, Marshy
KevinM [2] : Sinz, Macman
Not Voting: Pierre, Truth

deadlien is the last minute of 11/12 takes 7/13 to lynch

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
I still stand by my vote on Swords for right now. In terms of more recent events, I think, as Omni said, a lot of what Mac has done the past little while has a LOT to do with him tunneling on who he thinks is town and people who he feels are scum. Does that mean it doesn't have meaning? No. But I do think a lot of it has to do with that tunneling and don't think it was entirely a scummy maneuver, in part instead a "he must be town, I think he's the mason partner, let's get him to admit it so I can push who I think is scum."

Still, FoS Macman. Definitely not enough for me to push his lynch today, but enough to make me somewhat suspicious of him.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
I know Marshy. If it is necessary to get a lynch through, I have enough suspicion of Sinz still to flip my vote to him to get one through, but my most comfortable lynch is Swords so I'm holding there until it becomes apparent we need another vote to get a lynch through.

Top Bottom