• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[NSW] Power Rankings #5.00000001337 (4/11)

Status
Not open for further replies.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
thats the list from may to august shaya, how about the new one that we all decided on except for you and you made up your version instead of us, defeating the point of a panel. gg

swordsaint

Smash Master
While I did request being completely removed, just seeing me below Luke is still silly. I haven't lost to him in ages ftr.

either way, remove me already

swordsaint

Smash Master
one tournament result is not meant to define a placement, and the fact he hadnt beat me directly should've count for something

it's like saying, **** BJAY OUTPLACED ME in it, but he didnt get any further than 10th

principle isnt that im annoyed with where i am, since i requested removal, just the fact the you guys have decided from one tournament placing, when in the beginning, it was clearly stated, one tournament isnt the be all and end all

just not those words, kinda silly

D0N

Smash Ace
3 tournaments. 2 boosts+Rocky.

Whats the point in removing you if your gonna return. Toby's inactive but still there, I don't see why it would be any different with you.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
scoot its more like, I have outplaced you in the last few tourneys and whilst I havnt beaten you in ages, I havnt really played you much, and I beat people that you lose to.

swordsaint

Smash Master
I think you've outplaced me in one tournament (rocky)

and you beat meteor

meteor beats me

i beat you

same could be said as, "i beat someone meteor loses to so i should still be above him"

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
look, whats the point of argueing if you dont even wanna be on the list anyways, all you want is some attention yeah? well this isnt the way to get it, now stop sulking, your not 5 years old

swordsaint

Smash Master
dude, i havent insulted you, chill out, your not 5 years old

all im saying is that that particular rank, used merely one result in which you outplaced me in, which was initially said not to happen

it's about the principle of abiding your own guidelines

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
I am chill I just think your being a bit childish about this whole thing, but anyways if you really want to know it goes something like this

first I outplaced you at boost 5 (pretty sure I did anyway, cant actually check atm), then outplaced you at rocky (which we had altready decided quite sometime ago that because its a major, rockys results would have a bigger impact then normal so its bascially 2 tourneys worth)

not only that but you dropped because your performance has been lacking lately, I've been more consistant, also you lose to ricky, not sure if you lose to him anymore but sd aswell (I lose to him sometimes too but usually I beat him, like at boost 5 for instance) also its not really offcial or anything, but you lost to splice, who I can beat (if only just)

so yeah, if you hadnt done so bad at rocky things would have been different.
besides, that wasnt even the list I argeed on anyways.

...Ellipsis...

Smash Lord
Basically I looked at the list and I thought CHRIST. I only moved up 1 place, this is an outrage. :laugh:

Not quite sure how you figured out the placings though, I understand that it must be hard since all us nubs in the middle have some kind of rock, paper, scissors thing going. I'll make your job easier next time by winning boost VI, oh and SQUAT.

Also Ricky, I'll team with you if Toby doesn't go.

Important thing to remember guys, don't get a boat up to SQUAT, especially if it is actually a bogie because that is the end of ****ing world! Bogies are not sea worthy no matter what you hear.

swordsaint

Smash Master
makes sense luke, but we actually tied at boost 5 iirc

i just wanted the reasons, because it didnt make sense to me, and i havent lost to SD in quite a while, so that's irrelevant

I LAG

Smash Lord
scott to make u happy i will make the "I_LAG MORE POWERFUL POWER RANKINGS"

1. Shaya
2. D0N
3. Tedeth
4. Toby
5. Scott
6. Liam
7. S.D
8. Meteor
9. Luke
10. Bjay

5-9 is all pretty equal though
and i know meteor beats liam and scott but i think they are better or should be winning but meteor is a cheater

tedeth

Smash Master
The Scoot/Luke issue is a really tough one in my mind. Looking at tourney results alone, I'd say you are pretty even over the last 3 tourneys.

Scoot placed well at Boost 4, luke placed badly.

Tied at Boost 5.

Luke placed well at Rocky, Scoot placed badly.

However, from these results we can see that Luke is coming up and peaking atm, while Scoot is dropping. This idea is further enforced by both players attitudes. Luke's "I did well" attitude, makes him come off as a better, more consistant player to anyone observing, while Scoot's "Kill me I'm ****" attitude makes him come off as inconsistant.

When it comes to opinionated things like power rankings, attitudes can be very important. It leaves people with an idea about how YOU feel about your performance, which reflects on your play. If you are positive about the things you do right, people will notince those things, but if you are negative about the things you do wrong, people won't see the things you're doing correctly as clearly.

Now I'm ranting. You get the idea.

Anyway, in short, Scoot's last couple of performances have left him shatteded and annoyed, while Lukes have left him smiling and holding his head high. When you see that their results have been similar over the last few tourneys, you can't help but lean towrds Luke being better at this point in time.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
Not quite sure how you figured out the placings though, I understand that it must be hard since all us nubs in the middle have some kind of rock, paper, scissors thing going. I'll make your job easier next time by winning boost VI, oh and SQUAT.
could you? I'd be ever so grateful.
if you come to squat you better stay with us, that'll make the trip so win, and if toby comes and stays with us too, OH MY LORD!

swordsaint

Smash Master
thanks ted, thats all i needed, luke don't answer my questions if you're just gonna start insinuating things about me

give me a proper answer like ted did, and i would've walked away happy, ted explained it and i heart him for it

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
havnt been here in a while, anyways scoot, it wasnt that I didnt have the answers you wanted, its that I didnt really think it was relevent when you wanted to be taken off the list anyways, so it was a pointless arguement really.

also sure I did insinuate that you were being a sook or 5 or whatever but that was more due to the, "take me off everyone's pissed me off and I've leaving" impression that you were giving out.

no hard feelings here.

swordsaint

Smash Master
dude, thats exactly why im taking a break it wasnt an impression, i made that point quite clear actually

im allowed to have some emotions

im also allowed to still question perspective about results, since im not quitting, just resting

but about the relevance thing, not trying to undermine you or anything, but its not your place to find it relevant or not to answer a question and instead be sarcastic about it, when its just as easy to answer

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
true, it was just me being stubborn and being lazy (which ironacally made me have to go to more effort)
so my bad, dont take these things too serisouly kiddo, its just a flawed ranking system.

Gords

Smash Champion
When it comes to opinionated things like power rankings, attitudes can be very important. It leaves people with an idea about how YOU feel about your performance, which reflects on your play. If you are positive about the things you do right, people will notince those things, but if you are negative about the things you do wrong, people won't see the things you're doing correctly as clearly.
this is some of the best advice.
And something I really needed to hear at the moment.
I'll try to keep this in mind as I'm sure you know Ted that my attitude has not been the best lately ( raging and stuff, which is not like me).
Thanks for the advice Ted.

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
this is some of the best advice.
And something I really needed to hear at the moment.
I'll try to keep this in mind as I'm sure you know Ted that my attitude has not been the best lately ( raging and stuff, which is not like me).
Thanks for the advice Ted.
raging makes you play ****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom