• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

Tyserification

Smash Lord
The tournament was fun and everything until I nailed a deer driving 80 MPH. My dad's truck is a bit messed up now and this monthly is probably the last one for me. This sucks.

Nice knowing everyone though. Ill still be on the boards ranting.

gantrain05

Smash Master
wait what? im a troll??? im sorry, im the worst troll ever

tourney was fun, shoutouts later maybe im so tired. we did awesome tho iowa. SEX WORLD!!!!!

does anyone perchance have the brackets and results?

napZzz

Smash Hero
for those who dont know I played as 21% most of the day

good **** to everyone there, I had alot of fun guise. I'll do shoutouts later because I'm about to collapse of lack of sleep and exhaustion xD

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Hell of a tourney guys, thanks Grog for letting us host Brawl and everyone who came down.

Brawl Doubles:

1: 44%:snake::ganondorf:
2: Team Real Team:warioc::gw:
3: Little boys with items and toys:toonlink::olimar:
4: Why So Serious?:snake
5: Operation HotMaker
5: Gu Gods
7: Sea police with Degrees
7: I Make Good Sammiches
9: Knight
9: Joah
9: Neorago
9: Proficient
13: Thugz
13: Dead Celebreties
13: Dumbledii
13: NGamer3K + Vader
17: Sexy Sailor

Brawl Singles:

1: Joker:snake:
2: MJG:toonlink:
3: Razor:metaknight:
4: Fino
5: Nappy
5: Kit
7: Cook
7: Nicole
9: JLO
9: Blank
9: Andy
9: Smeesh
13: Zash
13: Greg Dang
13: CBK
13: Cue
17: Zyklon
17: -BC-
17: Echo
17: Schism
17: Goku
17: TysaH
17: K
17: Ptato
25: BIZ
25: Breezy
25: NGamer3K
25: Trent
25: Kudou-Kun
25: P
25: Jordan
25: D.Vog
33: PoJo
33: Mysterious Silver
33: Red
33: BNANA
33: Neon
33: Casey
33: BDJoe
33: Vader
33: DCOY
33: CTX
33: APLSD
33: Twink
33: Hogoshe
33: Pcity
33: Afrayail
33: Fruto
49: Mook
49: Enima
49: Con_N
49: BCRF
49: JBM
49: Queen
49: McSuess
49: Nell
49: Mike

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
Sorry for last night fellas. I blacked out at some point and probably will be the talk for sometime. The only thing I remember is I threw up and I hope not on anyone. Glad that Joker won Singles, but I was not there to watch it. Tyser, I hope you guys are okay. I'm just wondering who has my TV and stuff?

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
This tourney was a blast. I'm pretty lazy so I'll try to keep my shoutouts to a minimum.

Blank: Learn to use a stick you jack***.

WonderBreezy: Best Ganon alive. Good freaking job in doubles.

mjg: Your Toon Link has just gotten so much better. Its just ridiculous. Good job taking 2nd and taking Joker all the way to the last game.

Afrayail: Yay sunchips lady.

Connor: GIGA DRILL BREAKER!?

CBK: Good **** in TAY-KEN.

Ngamer3K: I'm the master at running around in circles in Bushido Blade. You stood no chance.

Cook: I'm bringing the hurricane next time, and I don't mean Ike. It'd be nice if you picked your character based on that though.

Zash: Pleasure seeing you as always. You have the key to my heart. :3

Trent: Sorry I failed our Sonic ditto so much. Man you're voice was just o_O by the end of the night. GGs, keep it up your Sonic seems improved.

JBM: You broke the record because your powerlevel is over 9000.

Joker: So I herd you liek to win tourneys.

Peeks: You weren't here. GGs.

Jlo: Is a troll.

C. Love: GIGA DRILL BREAKER!? Nah but seriously I was pretty worried about you. Glad you're okay, keep it real man. Also, pretty sure Joker has your TV at his house so we could transport all the TV's in one go.

Everyone Else: You already know I love you. <3

BOLT08

Smash Lord
Sorry for last night fellas. I blacked out at some point and probably will be the talk for sometime. The only thing I remember is I threw up and I hope not on anyone. Glad that Joker won Singles, but I was not there to watch it. Tyser, I hope you guys are okay. I'm just wondering who has my TV and stuff?
Heyyy I did the same thing yesterday! Minus the throwing up. ughhh I hate it when I do that.

Fino

Smash Master
I was soooooo tired throughout that entire tournament (and everyone knows I'm really random / stupid when I'm tired) lol.
It was really fun though, I think I did aight ^^;
GGs everyone, I might post shout outs.... maybe X:

~Fino

Tyserification

Smash Lord
So $7,400 worth of damage means DEFINITELY no more out of states for me. The engine is busted which is why shits so expensive. Tourney and con going are an impossibility for me now.

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
tourney was great as soon as when we got moved to the other room alway from that power outage madness. i didnt do as well as i wanted to but ehh. all i have to say is good shit joker for winning, i told u that i always got ur back, i just feel sad that i couldnt go to ihop for that winning celebration party because its all cbk's fault \(^o^)/. but he had to help some other drunken friends so i guess it was alright. all in all i say that u deserved that win after 10 games in grand

Tyserification

Smash Lord
On a lighter note, shoutouts:

Christian - Gratz on winning.

Jake - Thanks for the advice vs. Olimar.

John - Youre awesome.

Thomas - Sup?

Anthony - Play Melee.

Greg - Thanks for housing and being awesome.

Chris - Good games.

Rebecca - Nia is awesome.

Connor - Ill get fucked up with you next time.

Austin - Sonic.

Ed - Sup?

Zash - Play Melee.

Andy - Sup dude.

Sekki - Youre awesome.

Cook - Close games.

Nicole - Brawl . . .

Blake - Diddy Kong is such an easy char.

Tony (CBK) - Im using DDD next time.

Grinell kids - Good games.

Chloe - Youre really hyper.

Brice - A NEW RECORD!

Mike Echo - . . .

Devon - Good shit bawrsh!

Tony (MaJiK) - No more teaming.

Catrell - Interesting Samus.

Jallell - Didnt get to play against you.

David - Get blazed.

Yulai - Beat people more.

Andrew - Jim Carey.

Jon - Sorry you got sick.

Dmac - Gratz on winning.

Jace - Epic games.

Massive - Fun games.

PC - Sup?

Anyone I missed - Tough for you.

THAT MOTHER FUCKING DEER - FUCK YOU! NOW I CANT GO TO OUT OF STATE ANYTHINGS ANYMORE YOU FUCKING FAGGOT! GOD DAMNIT!

Afrayail

Smash Ace
Just got online, will make actual important post after I go nerd myself out some more =/

Tyser: what the **** man? Is there any way you could come if others give you a ride? I'd be more than willing to help you out for conventions, at least, in the case of place to stay & maybe tickets since I'm good with hooking people up (and I know a few cheap trixx for getting badges <_<..) Hope **** goes okay for you, tournies would feel that much less epic :(

Tyserification

Smash Lord
My folks dont want me going out of town anymore, primarily my dad. I dunno whats happening. Shit just got real though.

Uli

Smash Champion
Official Melee Results!!:

Dubs:
1: Jace + Dmac ($112.00)
2: JBM + David ($32.00)
3: Wes Jr. + Animal Control ($16.00)
4: Echo + Smeesh
5: Majik + Tyser
5: PC + Massive
7: Zeal + Nvam
7: ULi + Slik

Singles:
1: dmac ($161.00)
2: JBM ($46.00)
3: Smeesh ($23.00)
4: Jace
5: Animal Control
5: Tyser
7: Echo
7: David
9: Dekline
9: Wes Jr.
9: Majik
9: Massive
13: Paper Markis
13: Adhd
13: Schism
13: ULi
17: Nell
17: Zeal
17: JLO
17: Twink
17: JC
17: SLik
17: Nvam

Jace08

Smash Lord
Awesome tournament everyone!

Shoutouts

Uli- Thanks for hosting and I'm glad everything turned out well after that rocky start; good job

JBM- We never played! Next time dude

Tyser- That really sucks that you hit a deer... I'm sorry. Yeah we definitely had some good sets

Smeesh- I under-estimated you! You are a really smart player and I can't wait to play you again

Dekline- Thanks for recording videos. It was good to see you again.

Wes Jr.- Nice Samus! You and Animal Control gave Dmac and I a run for our money

Dmac- Congrats on winning the whole thing; it was cool teaming with you

Pc- You are too hilarious and have a lot of potential. You just have to work on your consistency

Markis- Thanks for coming along with us, it was cool hanging with you

Massive- Play in tourney like you do in friendlies! Thanks for driving

Majik- Your Zelda blew my mind! ggs

Animal Control- I wish we could have played 1 on 1. Nice fox!

Fino- Thanks for driving

Echo- You're a cool dude

Hopefully KC will go to more of these in the future; ggs everyone

napZzz

Smash Hero
I should stop not sleeping before tournaments then sleep johning the entire time at them. :3

shoutouts-

iowa-Its cool you could support joker and all when we were playing, but the yelling constantly really bugged the **** out of me and made it hard to focus on the match at hand. I dont appreciate all the noise being directed at me that had a mix of trash talk in it. I should've asked for all of you to shut the **** up like I wanted to game 3 vs. joker but I didn't wanna throw away his group of supporters at the same time. I didnt' get to meet alot of you, but razor and joker were the only cool ppl I got to see that I knew were from there. Schizm, I saw you rage alot. Chill out, this is just a game. You took me to a gay stage, and I picked a gay character to match that. Cry some more please :)

Fino-I'll get you next time. I need to learn the olimar matchup :(

Joker-Fun matches as usual. Keep reppin the snake, I'm glad you won

Nicole-Fucckkkk peach is annoying lol. Those like full hop floats confused me -_____- Girls aren't supposed to be good at games either xD good stuff

Team real team- You guys are the ****tt playing you was way too much fun. lol. We had the best teams matches I think I've ever played. I completely forgot it was even a tourney. "We're going double jigglypuff!" xD

Breezy-Why did we win when you used ganon in doubles lol.

To everyone we played in teams-UMAD YOU LOST TO A TEAM WITH A GANON?

also, street fighter events were really cool to watch. Good **** to minnesota for taking all 3 top spots in SF 4!

Tyserification

Smash Lord
If you cant handle shit talk, stop playing competitively. People will talk trash all day long.
Then again, I play Melee. Brawl people might be soft sh
it -_-

EDIT: As for the "I woulda spoken up but it woulda drove away Joker's supporters" thing. Nah, it wouldna.
Iowa isnt soft shit like that. If I was there I woulda just kept talkin shit despite being asked to STFU. Just me being me.

Nebraska, we love douchebagging on peoples' parade.

I dont even remember you. Were you that kid who was quiet the entire tournament?

napZzz

Smash Hero
I can understand hyping up a match and yelling if something cool happens or whatever. But they went way too far with how much they were yelling and what they were saying.

I dont think you would understand unless it happened to you personally. I've been in plenty of games where a crowd gathers and **** gets intense and people can get noisy but what I experienced was just a bit ridiculous and annoying.

Guess what. I play both games ******. So dont be like lol bawrl playrz sux; hawhawhawhaw

i only had money to enter 2 events at this tourney and I chose the ones I thought I could win money in. Sound fair enough to you?

Tyserification

Smash Lord
When people get hype its more fun. If youre good, you will adapt to the situation. Man the fuck up. Plus, youre playing Brawl. Your concentration cant be thrown off that badly. Ive been around tournies longer than you have, I know people can bring the noise.

Playing both games? I dunno man. You seem like one of those kids who just showed up on the scene right when Brawl came out. Half of those dudes dont know shit about Melee and you simply saying you play Melee isnt very reassuring.

But yeah, I can understand what you mean. Its all about dat money I suppose -_- but at what cost . . . you play Brawl XD

EDIT: My new avatar is cool beans.

BOLT08

Smash Lord
Whats a tyser?
He destroys deer.

Nappy, no jonz. You tell someone to choke on a d*ck and die, I don't think people are going to be very quiet/or nice to you. Hype happens, it's part of it being competitive. Put in your Ipod or something next time.

Are you seriously telling Schism to cry more? When you just made two gigantic posts about how you're crying ABOUT HYPE? Cry more, please.

ace156

Smash Apprentice
in other news about trash talk some kid at the tourney i was at was getting his sht wrecked and he blamed it on the people playing on the t.v. next to him.

the people playing on that t.v. happened to be me and a friend playing random vs random (yea it was a tourney match) and we kept yelling sht talk at each other.

so the kid blamed our talking on his losing and forfeited the match, it was pretty hilarious.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
iowa-Its cool you could support joker and all when we were playing, but the yelling constantly really bugged the **** out of me and made it hard to focus on the match at hand. I dont appreciate all the noise being directed at me that had a mix of trash talk in it. I should've asked for all of you to shut the **** up like I wanted to game 3 vs. joker but I didn't wanna throw away his group of supporters at the same time. I didnt' get to meet alot of you, but razor and joker were the only cool ppl I got to see that I knew were from there. Schizm, I saw you rage alot. Chill out, this is just a game. You took me to a gay stage, and I picked a gay character to match that. Cry some more please :)
Mind elaborating on the "trash talk" part? All I remember was people whistling and yelling whenever Joker got a kill or landed something nice, other then that, it was pretty dead serious and quiet while people were watching.

Also, its not nice to generalize. I can see your frustration but it won't make anyone get any kinder towards you if you can't care enough to discern us. I know mjg was next to me yelling "GET THE ****." once or twice, but I guess Iowa is just full of ragers and trash talkers so hope you enjoyed your stay.

And yeah, when did the pot split become 70/20/10? Thats kind of ridiculous, was it just that way with all the tourneys?

Bonehimer

Smash Journeyman
I actually agree with Nappy on this. In one of my matches I was beating JLO and blank actually slapped me on the back of the head after I won the first round. Blank is know for hitting the booze and we all like to joke about it but there is a limit. I don't care if he was buzz it still isn't cool. Especially for someone who traveled such a long distance all the way from Texas. You gotta give respect, all of Iowa came out looking pretty bad.

shoutouts:

Joker: Gratts but we all kinda expected this.

CBK: Our games were close but I guess the lave helped you this time instead of me like last time

Cook: Your olimar is getting better but you gotta improve on your spacing

Zash: We spent the whole tourney hanging out, we gotta stop that or people will call us butt buddies.

Gantrain: You are still the hottest female smasher.

Razor: You went on about no stalling but then you went ahead and timed me out, you are not only a liar but a hypocrite. you are not only a liar but a hypocrite. Next time I come down I am gonna money match you. Get ready for that.

Thats all i can think from the top of my head. long trip, need sleep.

gantrain05

Smash Master
aaaanyways, shoutouts!!!!!???1!111!!

1. Joker - SEXWORLD!!!!

2. MJG - thank god i didn't have to play u again, your toon link scares the crap out of me.

3. Razor - u suck, why couldn't u beat joker? is it cuz u had sexworld on your mind?

4. Fino - why u play olimar so different?? threw me off hard lol, lookin forward to future matches.

5, Cookie monster - didn't get to play a single match with u i don't think, but thats ok, we all know i would have just olimar ditto'd u again.

6. Nappy - don't think i heard u say a word, but u and breezy got one legit doubles team lol.

7. Nicole - we should have switched brackets, then i wouldn't have to play any olimars like i don't know how to do and i could have had all the warios and snakes =/ i never get the warios and snakes.

8. Smeesh - good **** man, u got me in those peach dittos, but u know what that means, that means i get to poop on u the next time we play in tourney.

9. Jlo - u suck, stop playing a crappy char.

10. Blank - Bushido Blade was too good, i will master that game now whenever i find a copy. also your FFT file sucks, im dissapointed in u.

11. Zash - good games man, im sad i didn't get to play your shiek, but your ZSS was lookin pretty good.

12. C.love - dude! u gotta take it easy on that hard liquor! that stuff will mess you up.

13. Rebecca - sorry i didn't want any of your chips, you seemed dissapointed. also we didn't get to play any friendlies this time so we will have to do that next time for sure.

14. Breezy - next time, my ganon shall prove he is the better ganon, i only lost cuz u took my grandpa gan color. (johns)

15. Jordan - thanks for losing to smeesh for me, i didn't want to have to play you AGAIN! although, i did lose to smeesh right after that so i guess it didn't matter.

16. CTX - i saw u training with MJG, im in trouble next time we play aren't I.

17. Melee people - your all lucky i was playing terribly or i totally would have won that tourney. your all a bunch of scrubs!

MJG

Smash Hero
Ok lol @ blank...forgot about that

I would say just to put head phones in while you play brawl but i wouldnt do it against snake though @.@

Im disappointed you never accepted my MM

Isn't breezy from MN and he said that you were johning? You honestly just can't let that get to you...

Shout-outs tomorrow I decided...tryin to find some nifty stage stuff ^_^

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
That was a fun tournament guys. I really enjoyed it. Good job Andy with playing Doubles with me.

Top Bottom