• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
duh i wanna play

as long as theres no johns son

and we start to play early because i can only be there till like idk 10

lmao my di

i figured you out tho

watch son

oh and max and us are supposed to play saturday, wanna play

Tomacawk

Smash Master
LMAO ryan coming with the **** talking out of NOWHERE
Ryan you're my boy but that was kinda an ******* thing to say
true though
also finally jona's posting again, it is boring on the falcon boards with him :p

Tomacawk

Smash Master
btw what the **** is jonadiaper supposed to mean
like, you put diaper in your name?
I mean granted I put cawk in my name but there's a story behind it

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
me and my cousins used to call eachother diaper's when we were little
i was like 11

t-diaper
jona-diaper
e-diaper
c-diaper
and el-diaper

and you really have me on ignore jungle
freaking gaymo

Tomacawk

Smash Master
ic ic
that's weird but I guess you have pretty similar reasons for why I kept this name, too
I wanna change it to Big L tho

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
I cant imagine up smash OoS being better than any other option ever. If you ever have time to actually hit with an up smash OoS then you'd most likely be way better off nair'ing or shield grabbing. Or even stomping. Up smash OoS is just too slow with falcon.

Reaver197

Smash Lord
It's such a hot move though.

By the way, any suggestions for the best times to look for grabs on a Jiggly? Sometimes I can grab a Jiggs consistently, other times, it seems I can't ever get in.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
yeah scar
if you and bigd aren't here (and lately nesn00b) then we just come up with goofy ideas, or even worse, change mains

Turazrok

Smash Master
yeah scar
if you and bigd aren't here (and lately nesn00b) then we just come up with goofy ideas, or even worse, change mains
I started playing jiggs.....
JIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tomacawk

Smash Master
and i quit falcon for fox
these occurrences and more can be blamed directly on scar's inactivity (most specifically, scar)
also scar i watched ur set vs dr pp, idk how old it is though but what the **** man? you looked like you had never played a falco before. i am disappoint

Tomacawk

Smash Master
and I don't need falcon :)
i NEED fox, a character with options oos that doesn't rely on reading minds to be good
but i still <3s some falcon

DUB

Smash Lord
why is usmash OoS in my thread
Lol, I was curious if it had any use at all and I've pretty much got my answer.

If a Shiek DA's your shield at like 40, you wouldn't punish that lag with an up-smash? All you need is one knee after the U-smash and it is not hard to land. More of a chance to mess up otherwise. This is just in theory though. Sheiks DA is the only move that comes to mind that I might use Up Smash OoS on.

@Tomacawk- Falcon vs. PP is ghey.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
What is DA? Down Air? Either way, upsmashing against a Sheik in a shield situation wouldn't work in any practical situation I see. To make matters worse, if they DI away when you are upsmashing (SDI?), they can avoid the second hit.

DUB

Smash Lord
What is DA? Down Air? Either way, upsmashing against a Sheik in a shield situation wouldn't work in any practical situation I see. To make matters worse, if they DI away when you are upsmashing (SDI?), they can avoid the second hit.

I should of specified. Dash Attack. It seems practical.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
more likely than not they'll flub the di of the usmash because they won't even be thinking about it

idk if you even have enough time to usmash oos v a shielded dash attack

Tomacawk

Smash Master
if I go I'll falcon ditto you
when is ROM?
thumbs, if you're being cced you should land your nairs with your foot barely reaching them so you're out of punish range
and when you get close enough where they're scared to laser or choose to laser anyway you can shffl dair and land behind them as a solid approach, or side b
imo approaching falco isn't the trouble, the hard part is getting into a safe situation where you can approach
if there are plats milk them and use drop off bair->grab if you're fast enough to dash out of your l cancels

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
I should of specified. Dash Attack. It seems practical.
I don't think Sheik's dash attack would lag enough in front of your shield to do that. Either a. It hits and goes through, would have enough time, but past you or b. last part of the dash attack hitbox, but not enough time to upsmash. If there is enough time, then it would have to be right on top of you for both parts of the upsmash to hit and you would hope that they don't DI.

That is how I take it. Try it out and see how it works. That is how I learned the things I learned........>_>

How should I approach a Falco? I usually use nairs but they only seem to work half the time, and the other half I get cc shined and zero to deathed or something.
This is really difficult to describe, but I will try. If Falco shoots his laser low, you can jump over it and nair. If they shoot highish like PP, you have to take advantage of the fact that falco has a slight bit more lag from doing that. I sometimes just nair at a pretty long distance in anticipation of a laser and I either get hit by a laser and take basically 3% and slightly worse position, or I get the hit I desperately need.

There is a sour part of Falco's control space where he can't laser or attack your shield safely. That is where you want to be. His options of attacking you are unsafe for the most part besides running away laser. If you get him cornered and you are in this position, you are doing alright.

For the most part though, you have to make him stop lasering somehow (mostly by hitting him). Then, when he has to get away from your attacks and reposition himself, you have to be next to him in a way where you can nair him if he wants to laser or if he throws an attack out he is at risk. From there, you have to predict whether to attack him before he lasers usually with nair or get around his dumb arial hitboxes and punish.

A good amount of this is basically guessing when he is going to laser or attack when it presents itself. Watch some videos try to see what I mean. Scar should do his job and give a better answer.

Top Bottom