• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EXTENNNDUURRRRRR (samus gen. disc.)

What are your favorite moves?

• Total voters

Rat

Smash Lord
That one is tough.

Here are some counters
1) Standing Missile
-high comittment guess
2) Powershield a laser -> Jab/Ftilt
-Less commitment but harder
3) Crouch -> Jab
-They have to mess up the spacing for this to work
4) Stand on platform fall through with a move
-Only works on Dreamland and battlefield, they still have a lot of options though =/
5) Shield 'em -> UpB
-not a rewarding option, but it works everytime.

If those lasers hit your shield (and they aren't in UpB range) you are in trouble. =/

Pi

Smash Hero
o also
i wasn't like super blunt
but i figured it was implied that my friends would be my ride to wato8
guess not, but any way, ended up having to go to store w/ mom due to having 0 food
ended up not going

tl:dr
johns
didn't go

Tyserification

Smash Lord
Animal Control and Wes.Jr moved to Iowa recently and theyre from Florida o.O They are pretty dece.

You know em?

Signia

Smash Lord
Wassup everybody ^_^

I feel kind of noob asking this, but what do you guys do against falco's double laser from the ledge? I try to full jump and come down with a nair when i feel like he's going to do it, but sometimes that doesn't work if they purposefully shoot the first laser high. Plus they still have some invincibility frames as they jump and shoot the first laser....

Any ideas/suggestions on how to punish it?
if you know they're going to do it beforehand, run off the edge as they hop off, then bair as they shoot lasers at nobody.

THE RED SPARROW

Smash Lord
It's kind of ******** dealing with Sheik's grabs. Esp. the Sheiks that know how to WD grab after your D-smash and Up-tilts.

THE RED SPARROW

Smash Lord
That's why you don't commit with those moves and f-tilt and jab like a pro instead.
Indeed. <3 F-tilt. The problem lies in the time when it is actually appropriate to do those moves in order to be less predictable or finish them off. Don't mind me, I'm just ragging on the pains of the matchup overall.;)

Pi

Smash Hero
sheik
we've got metal armor
she's wearing cloth
she throws sewing needles
we shoot rockets and big blue balls

she really doesn't stand a chance

Tyserification

Smash Lord
Nana is my personal preference.

Back on topic:

Anyone get a gander at the ROM2 stuff? The world is coming to an end . . .

Did any Samus players even attend?

Tyserification

Smash Lord
If Mango loses Pound 4 I think the world will actually blow up.
He better go into SSJ Mr. Try Hard mode.

4 Aces

Smash Ace
Is there a difference between Samus's PMC and Falco's SHL on platforms? It's just that you can easily missile spam with her on say, Pokemon Stadium, but you'll need to Isai Drop with Falco to do his lasers.

Is it because Missile Cancel =/= landing lag?

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
i'm just talking out of my ***, but i'm guessing you'd have to have the laser's cancel down really well, because as i recall, you can do SHL at different heights, but the real autocancel laser would be that really low one that comes out almost as soon as he lands
if you're following what i'm saying then
when you consider how many frames it seems to take for a missile to come out and then cancel, i would think it's just easier to cancel with samus than with falco, and thus why it seems like there might be a difference

SHL does not necessitate an autocancel (i think), but you can
PMC does

i mean you can think about it like this:
think about your question, but instead of falco SHLasering, consider samus SHMissiling.

i'll check though

OK SO READ THIS i just realized a PMC is a completely different thing than a SHL/M
I THINK
so i think that yeah, there is no landing lag from a pmc, and to a greater extent, any platform cancel

it would probably be best to wait til someone else answers for sure
but i see no landing lag in a pmc, and i do in both shm/l

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
FORGIVE THE DOUBLE POST please <3

but i really think this thread should be stickied since it's probably the main activity in the Samus forums, and keeps all the other threads from getting spammed by irrelevant crap.

Pi

Smash Hero
FORGIVE THE DOUBLE POST please <3

but i really think this thread should be stickied since it's probably the main activity in the Samus forums, and keeps all the other threads from getting spammed by irrelevant crap.
In my experience at least threads that are stickied tend to get overlooked
and it's not like this thread has a chance of falling off the first page
so I think I think it's fine where it is
Not like we're having a flood of new members posting thread questions haha
(maybe bias with my personal dislike for sticky's, takes the fun out of a forum imo)

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
lol honestly, the samus forums -- and to a greater extent, all character specific forums -- should probably only have a couple of stickies that cover everything nowadays. Threads are for new things, really...and that's very unlikely nowadays, but that's just how things are.

Pi

Smash Hero
Finally! A good smash session
I'm becoming fancy again! Wavelands into **** are picking up
SWD implemented once more into my game

But now I need to figure out how to play quick, fancy, flashy, and about <9000 times smarter than where I'm at right now.
I had the fortune to sit down and have a nice long smash session amongst one of the better samus's in the state, and watching him play, he's juss so smart about it! So quick to react,

I'm not ready to give up on being flashy yet, I really hope that it's not a mistake, which I don't think it is since I'm still having fun, but well, I also want to be the best samus, so, we'll see.

I'm contemplating becoming the best, then becoming flashy, but idk
I will try **** out

For reference, the samus user's gamertag is Plup
His style is more DJN/HugS ish
But I at least still find it entertaining to watch.

rayecho

Smash Ace
I have a question about samus. Whats better for edge guarding, uptilit or dsmash?

I was watching some matches of hugs at evo and he uses dsmash for edge guarding.
I would assume that since hes using dsmash, that it goes lower than uptilit, making it harder to tech.
Does a well placed dsmash always stage spike the opponent thats trying to recover? Does it have less lag than uptilit when it hits or misses? Which is harder to punish if you miss? Is dsmash better for certain situations than uptilit? Who stole the cookies from the cookie jar?

Any answers to my questions would be greatly appreciated =D

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
I have a question about samus. Whats better for edge guarding, uptilit or dsmash?

I was watching some matches of hugs at evo and he uses dsmash for edge guarding.
I would assume that since hes using dsmash, that it goes lower than uptilit, making it harder to tech.
Does a well placed dsmash always stage spike the opponent thats trying to recover? Does it have less lag than uptilit when it hits or misses? Which is harder to punish if you miss? Is dsmash better for certain situations than uptilit? Who stole the cookies from the cookie jar?

Any answers to my questions would be greatly appreciated =D
I think the only time I've seen him use dsmash for edgeguarding was vs Ken's Marth, right? Vs a Marth that is going to sweetspot, it makes sense to use dsmash instead of utilt, as it has more range both in front and below Samus, so you're less likely to get hit by the upB. Here's a picture of the hitboxes for both moves, so you can confirm that:

Also, that hitbox for dsmash is frame 6 of the move, whereas utilt is frame 17, so it's easier to time the dsmash.

However, while Ken just DI'd towards the stage and ledgeteched the dsmash, I've had a lot of people just DI it up and end up being knocked above the stage/me. Also, dsmash has quite a bit more lag than utilt after it finishes. So I'm not really sure which is definitively "better".

Top Bottom