• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 6 - Nothing Gold can Stay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
MW's only banned for five days, and at the time of this post two days (IIRC) have already passed since then.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Wonder how he got banned............

Anyways, I did my homework, and it seems like the leader of every MYM so far goes away the contest after they led.

1)Fawriel----Left Smashboards
2)GreatClayMonkey---Left Smashboards
3)Commander Blitzkrieg-----Left MYM
4)Sir Kibble----Went on a religious journey (or something like that)
5)MasterWarlord------Got banned
6)Hyper Ridley-----Nothing yet.

O_o
Very observant. This trend has been noticed by quite a few MYMers - they call it a curse, even! :eek: But since Warlord isn't permanently banned, it doesn't seem to be holding true. At his current rate, it seems nothing will pry him away from MYM. Ever.

The new title is an awesome reference to an awesome poem that is featured in an awesome book which was adapted into an awesome movie with Patrick Swayze. :( Who likes trivia and processes of elimination? =D

And PK-ow, I love the word grokkable. It's so rarely used in conversation; well done.

So just to remind everyone, the next contest is likely to start next week, around Thanksgiving, give or take a day or two. Use the in-between time to unwind and decompress, because we'll be back up and running before you know it.

darth meanie

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, MW isn't leaving MYM for a long time. We'll all start to leave, but MW will still be here. Eventually, everyone will be gone, and MasterWarlord will make alts named after all of us (MasterMeanie MasterK.Rool, Hyper_Warlord, Warrloderd, BWarlord666, etc.)

And it'll just be him and nineteen alts, making 160 movesets every three months, commenting, reviewing, insulting each other. And he won't even realize what he's become.

Again, congrats on first place MW ;)

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
And it'll just be him and nineteen alts, making 160 movesets every three months, commenting, reviewing, insulting each other. And he won't even realize what he's become.
:laugh:

Anyway, I hope I'll have time to make a little something for lucky number MYM7 since the holidays (and therefore, free time) are about to roll around soon. This will require some research on moveset making these days, since I didn't really fully read a single set in MYM6 :urg:.

Smady

Smash Master
Wow, FF! Good to see you again, it has been far too long. :)

I do hope to see these movesets in MYM7.

@ the leader conspiracy theory, every MYM leader has at least left MYM in some way, the fact MW will return doesn't matter - he is still incumbered. Blitzkrieg and Fawriel also returned, if briefly, so the theory still stands. Kibble will also be back eventually.

D

Deleted member

So, MW got banned.
Sucker. >: )
So, I have a moveset idea that I hope will get posted. No more details at the moment.

Akiak

Smash Ace
Wow, it's been a long time hasn't it? Luckily I was able to go on the chat every once in a while.

In this part of the contest, when the results have been given, everyone is working on their sets for the start of the next contest, and all those lost lurkers like me gather up.

I must say, The Count and Zant are nice sets, but George is the winner for me. Maybe I have the feeling previous MYMs were better, especially MYM4, but maybe I'm just being nostalgic.
Or maybe not.

Anyway, I'm (or we're :lick:) almost done on a set. And I'm secretly working on another one too. It's going very slow, because I'm kinda slowly losing the love of MYMing, but I'd never throw away a half-done set.

If I won't be very active on the actual thread, I'll spend more time on the Chat.

Merry Ending, and a happy new LOLCHILLINZ

(Do people even say that anymore?? :dizzy:)

goldwyvern

Smash Ace
So I made a MU but got no incentive from anyone in the chat to do another. So here's my first MU ever:

MEWTWO vs TAC vs THIEF K'HEEBLER: 45/32.5/22.5

An obviously overpowered character in a FFA with two moveset abusing sets like TAC and K'heebler? Quite the matchup we have here. Obviously TAC and K'heebler will want to start the match working together, breaking ties slowly as they weaken Mewtwo. TAC should start the match going straight for Mewtwo in an attempt to steal his Telekinesis, Usmash, or any other powerful attack. K'heebler should also start the match going for M2 in an attempt to start locking or stealing one of his more powerful moves, such as Telekinesis or his Grab (if TAC was succesfully able to take it, that is). TAC should wait until K'heebler runs from M2 after he has set up or possibly fully locked or stolen a move from M2, and then go up and steal some of his moves as fast as he can. If the K'heebler player has any sense, he'll want to let TAC take some of them, but not all of them. He'll need some sort of edge over him in the final 2, wont he?

Mewtwo wants to make sure his broken moveset isnt used against him, stolen or banned from use. The first thing he'll want to do is get as far away from TAC and K'heebler as possible while still being close enough to land the occasional Telekinesis'd Shadow Ball or uber grab. If he can remove one of his opponents this way, his victory is almost assured. TAC will be harder since he has some of Thief's contract ability and some of his powerful moves unless the M2 player has completely avoided being touched at all.

The Thief player is really, REALLY going to need to strategize with this one. Then again, you need to be a strategist to play K'heebler in the first place, so that's no big deal. The name of this game is moderation. Thief needs to moderate how much TAC does to both him and M2, as he doesnt want to be overpowered if their plan to remove M2 succeeds. However, he also wants to make sure that he knows what moves he's locked from M2 via contracts sohe knows when to go in for the KO if TAC isnt ready or off the field. Thief's FSmash and good aerials give him an edge if he fights M2 alone.

TAC just wants to take everything. All of M2's overpowered attacks and all of Thief's mindgames. The thing is he has to choose between M2's powerful, KOing grab or Thief's grab which is neccesary for contracts. Most noobs would go for M2's, but the smart thing would be to take Thief's. Then you can block some of M2's AND some of Thief's moves in case you feel like a traitor (since you are paranoid that He'll just use his Fsmash on you as soon as the M2 player caves in and uses a locked move, if they ever do). Another thing thats possibly more likely to happen will be that Thief will try to lock some of the moves you stole from him or M2. This will be either to betray you or to force you to use that move so he can use his smashes. To a less-likely extreme, Thief might even try to lock your stealing moves so you cant even steal anything from a specific input in the first place.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
I'ld like to announce my stepping down from the Make Your Move leadership. This is not due to any anger issues or whatnot, unlike a certain previous member, but rather out of sheer boredom. No longer do I feel compelled to write reviews, handle moveset decisions, follow this contest from beginning to end just to get a good grasp on said decisions... Hell, even moveset making has become quite a chore.

It is time that I took a break from hardcore movesetting, which I have already started in this contest. Real life calls. I'ld like to stop being the depressed lonely nerd that I am and devote some more time to changing that. In addition, I'm also returning to my old MMO addiction, most noticeably Guild Wars. I'm leading a guild now. Leading nearly 30 people (and growing), half of whom don't know what the Hell they are doing, to great Player vs. Player success is a chore in and of itself, though it is one that I hope to find rewarding. Any of you who get the game (and there is no subscription fee, unlike almost every other commercial MMO in the world) are more than welcome to join. We even have a website (do not post here unless you actually do take me up on my offer and become a guild member). http://lionhearted-legion.webs.com/

I will end this little speech by saying that this hopefully will not be the end of my movesetting. I may still participate with a surprise moveset or two. Perhaps, all I need to get back into this is a good long break from hardcore movesetting.

~Chris~

TheSundanceKid

Smash Lord
I'ld like to announce my stepping down from the Make Your Move leadership. This is not due to any anger issues or whatnot, unlike a certain previous member, but rather out of sheer boredom. No longer do I feel compelled to write reviews, handle moveset decisions, follow this contest from beginning to end just to get a good grasp on said decisions... Hell, even moveset making has become quite a chore.

It is time that I took a break from hardcore movesetting, which I have already started in this contest. Real life calls. I'ld like to stop being the depressed lonely nerd that I am and devote some more time to changing that. In addition, I'm also returning to my old MMO addiction, most noticeably Guild Wars. I'm leading a guild now. Leading nearly 30 people (and growing), half of whom don't know what the Hell they are doing, to great Player vs. Player success is a chore in and of itself, though it is one that I hope to find rewarding. Any of you who get the game (and there is no subscription fee, unlike almost every other commercial MMO in the world) are more than welcome to join. We even have a website (do not post here unless you actually do take me up on my offer and become a guild member). http://lionhearted-legion.webs.com/

I will end this little speech by saying that this hopefully will not be the end of my movesetting. I may still participate with a surprise moveset or two. Perhaps, all I need to get back into this is a good long break from hardcore movesetting.

~Chris~

NO, CHRIS, DON'T GO! VEEEEEEEPAAAAAAAAANTS!

At least still come around in the chat every now and then...:(
We'll miss you, man. You've been a great MYMer from the begining.

Smady

Smash Master
Okay guys, I may not be on for the rest of the weekend as my laptop's charger port is screwed and it seems to be burning up any AC adaptor I put into it, so I'm going to get it repaired [hopefully] on Monday. See you next week.

Literally posting this with about 7% battery power and my laptop turns itself off at 5%. :p

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Many of you may not know, but right now I am grounded. I have my computer, so I will continue to work on movesets (from Microsoft Word... ugh). My internet usage is unpredictable, so I never know when I can get on to speak to you guys. I could also not be able to see the start of MYM7 for as much as a month.

I miss you guys, and hope for the best.

IndigoFenix

Smash Journeyman
Hello, I'm not exactly new here, as I've been lurking on this board for a while (looking for doable PSA ideas, lol). But I still haven't figured out how the system works exactly. Do people just post movesets on this board at any given time? 'Cause I've got a whole set, including a whole SSE side-story to go with them, from back in the old days, before PSA was created. Nothing quite as revolutionary as some of the stuff you see here, but more like characters who could fit in with the rest of the Smash cast... So is this the place to post them?

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Hello, I'm not exactly new here, as I've been lurking on this board for a while (looking for doable PSA ideas, lol). But I still haven't figured out how the system works exactly. Do people just post movesets on this board at any given time? 'Cause I've got a whole set, including a whole SSE side-story to go with them, from back in the old days, before PSA was created. Nothing quite as revolutionary as some of the stuff you see here, but more like characters who could fit in with the rest of the Smash cast... So is this the place to post them?
This is, but the MYM6 contest has ended. MYM7 starts on the 26th (Thanksgiving!), and will come with a brand new thread, so you can post it in there if you want :)

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Actually, MYM7 should be starting on the 27th as of right now, to accomodate for those who won't be around for Turkey Day. Anyway, it's always nice to see a newcomer, IndigoFenix! I'd reccomend looking at the Definitive MYM Roster for inspiration.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Welcome to MYM! To answer your question, technically, yes, movesets can be posted at any time. However, if you haven't already, check out the Gentlemen's Rules listed on the OP. These explain the politer and more efficient ways of posting a moveset, in order to give other MYMers their time in the spotlight, as well as to make sure yours gets the attention due to it. Also, sets don't necessarily need to be revolutionary, but in this day and age, playstyle is a major determining factor in how sets fare in the contest. Check out the playstyle guide here. Good luck!

bluebolt

Smash Journeyman
Name: Knuckle Joe

Weight: Light
Size: Small
Jump: average, next 5 very small (equal to 3 average jumps)
Run speed: Average-fast
Shield: medium
Grab range: small-medium

Overall
Range: 4
Power: 7
Speed: 6
Recovery: 7
Defence: 4
Aerial/ground: both

Standard A – Vulcan jab
Range: Medium-long
Knockback: stun
Hit box: linear
Damage 3, 2, 2, 1 cont
Start-up speed: Average-fast
End speed: Average.

Up tilt A – Spin up kick
Range: small
Knockback: Average, vertical
Hit box: Anti clock wise 360 degree turn around Knuckle Joe
Damage: 14
Start-up speed: fast
End speed: slow

Forward tilt A– Breaker Kick
Range: medium-small
Knockback: -25% damage opponent, high. +25% damage opponent, high-average, Horizontal.
Hit box: In front of Knuckle Joe.
Damage: 17
Start speed: Average-fast
End speed: Average

Down tilt A – Leg sweep
Move: a bit forward, fast
Special: 50% trip
Knockback: Low, horizontal.
Hit box: around and in front of knuckle Joe
Damage: 13
Start-up speed: Fast
End speed: Average-fast

Side smash - Explosion fist
Move: a little bit forward
Special- An *explosion on hit
Start-up speed: Average-fast
End speed: Slow
Hit box: A large area of Knuckle Joe’s fist
*Damage: 16-26
*Size: As big as Knuckle Joe
*Range: The whole explosion
*Hit-box: The whole explosion.
*Knockback: High, diagonal

Up smash – Triple spin up kick
Range: small, small, medium
Knockback: stun, stun, high- vertical
Hit box: 3 Anti clock wise 360 degree turns around Knuckle Joe
Damage: 2-5, 2-5, 13-20
Start-up speed: Average-Fast
End speed: Average-slow

Down smash – Blast stomp
Move: Jumps up slightly at the start
Range: Average- large
Knockback: High-medium, Diagonal
Hit box: Around and above Knuckle Joe.
Damage: 15- 23
Start-up speed: Average
End speed: Average-fast

Dash-A – Spin kick
Move: a bit faster forward, then slows Knuckle Joe down.
Range: Average-small
Knockback: Medium, horizontal.
Hit box: Knuckle Joes foot and in front of him.
Start-up speed: Fast
End speed: slow

Standard B – Smash punch/*Double kick (air)
Type: Projectile
Move: slightly backward then forward *Momentum movement
Hit-box: Entire projectile.
Range: Medium range projectile
Knockback: Medium-high *Medium
Damage: 15 *13
Start-up speed: Fast *Fast
End speed: Slow *Medium

Side B – Grab counter
Special: *Cross counters, **Counters grabs.
Grab info: *Tosses enemy forward **Slams grabbing enemy in the ground behind Knuckle Joe.
Type: Cross counter, counter grab, grab.
Range: Medium high.
Hit-box: Knuckle Joes hand
Knockback: Diagonal*High, in-front of Knuckle Joe *High, behind Knuckle Joe
Damage: 22
Start-up speed: Lag-less
End speed: Average slow

Up B – Rising break
Special: Useless state after finished
Type: Recovery attack
Move: Very vertical, a little horizontal (horizontal, then vertical, still having horizontal, moves horizontal during start-up lag)
Range: Medium
Hit box: Knuckle Joes fist (going up)
Knockback: stun, stun, stun, stun, stun, stun, medium.
Damage: 6(first frame), 4, 3, 2, 2... 1, 1... 10(last frame)
Start-up speed: Average.
End speed- Fast

Down B – *Flash down kick (air)/**Flash leg sweep
Special: *Moves down fast **Moves horizontally(forward) Fast
Type: Speed attack
Move: *Down/**Vertical
Range: Medium-small
Hit-box: foot
Knockback: *Down high **Horizontal medium
Damage: 10
Start-up speed: Very fast
End speed: Slow

Down grab – down stomp
Knockback: Medium-low vertical (down)
End speed: average-fast

Front grab – Smash intercept
special: releases projectile
Hit box: Projectile
Knockback: High-Diagonal
End speed: average-slow

Back grab – Backward throw
Damage: 9
Knockback: opponent -25% Very high -50% High -75% Medium-high
End speed: Average-Fast

Up-Grab: Uppercut
Knockback: medium-high, vertical
End speed: average-fast

Neutral air – Aero spin
Knockback: Average, depends where the foot and opponent is, can be meteor smash.
Hit box: Anti clock wise 360 degree turn around Knuckle Joe
Damage: 12-14
End speed: average

Down air – down kick
Knockback: Average, vertical (down)
Hit box: Foot

Forward air – Vulcan kick
Range: average
Knockback: Average, horizontal

Back air–Smash break kick
Range: average
Knockback: Very high, diagonal
Damage: 13 (16 on 4th frame)
Start-up speed: very slow

Up air – Vulcan uppercut
Knockback: small
Damage: 8 (14 on 3rd frame)
Start-up speed: Lag-less
End speed: Fast

Flavours Palettes:
1. Blue original
2. Red Helper
3: Green plasma
4: Martial arts white
5: Bad guy
6: Fruity

darth meanie

Smash Journeyman
The current contest is closed. No movesets are being submitted for this one anymore. There will be a chance to submit movesets in a new thread starting this Friday though.

I would suggest that you take that time to improve your organization; generally we prefer to read movesets written in prose rather than in block formats like you used. Good luck in the upcoming contest.

bluebolt

Smash Journeyman
The current contest is closed. No movesets are being submitted for this one anymore. There will be a chance to submit movesets in a new thread starting this Friday though.

I would suggest that you take that time to improve your organization; generally we prefer to read movesets written in prose rather than in block formats like you used. Good luck in the upcoming contest.
whens the next one?

Junahu

Smash Ace
Welcome to MYM bluebolt. Since you've got a few more days before the next contest opens up, now would be a good time to bone up on the competition;

vvv clicky links vvv
King Hippo: By KingK.Rool.
Hades: By BKupa666.
Gluttony: By MasterWarlord.
Pikachu Remix: By Tirkaro.
Negative Man: By MarthTrinity.
The Black Knight: By Chris Lionheart
Clefable: By Junahu.

That's obviously not a comprehensive list, but it should give a general overview of MYM. There are also some links on the thread's first page that should prove helpful to newcomers. Feel free to poke around while we get the next contest ready.

Katapultar

Smash Lord
Don't forget about getting your set reviewed on the Chief Mendez Wordpress. Then again, people will comment on your set in thread unless it's posted at a really bad time. The bad time is usually something you must figure out yourself, which involves 15 posts per page.

Smady

Smash Master
The Canvas is in fact down right now. It will be up and running by MYM7, courtesy of KRool, which shouldn't be long now.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Yep, OP and review queue have been cleaned up/rewritten. I still have to take care of the moveset lists and do a quick update of MYM History, which should be a day or two. Look forward to an awesome new header and all sorts of cool goodies. We're so well organized this time, we have matching avatars! :bee:

But no theme... :'(

D

Deleted member

Hey, guys, I've got a great idea for a set. The problem is, I'm a crap set designer. I'm gonna need some help if I want this to see the light of day. If you're interested, PM me.

Junahu

Smash Ace
Because every MYM needs an image with the Top50 on it

number of Women in the Top10/50: 1/7
number of Pokemon in the Top10/50: 1/8
number of Megaman characters in the Top10/50: 0/6
number of Heavies in the Top10/50: 4/12
number of Psychics in the Top10/50: 2/7
number of OCs in the Top10/50: 1/3

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Wow, good job filling in for Agi, Junahu! It looks lovely, and the statistics are interesting.

AKC12

Smash Journeyman
I had concept ideas for Itachi, but then I just stopped. also plan on Hatake Kakashi, Jiraiya, Deidara, Gaara, Haku, Kimmimaru. Then maybe Zuko, Aang, Azuela, Toph, Katara and maybe Iroh. We'll see how many I'll manage to do.

Katapultar

Smash Lord
Hey, guys, I've got a great idea for a set. The problem is, I'm a crap set designer. I'm gonna need some help if I want this to see the light of day. If you're interested, PM me.
You could do a joint set if you wanted to.

If the CSSs were top 50 only now, then it would mean a bigger challenge to have your character's image on there. Great job, and I hope that I'll get a character I actually like up there in MYM7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom