• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phoenix Wright Mafia [GAME OVER!]

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Gheb, who cares what my thoughts on most of the players are? All it does to tell what I think of everyone is paint targets. We really need a kevin lynch today because it will tell me some very important things that I can use as the game progresses. I'm hoping the rest of town sees how scummy he is so I can get that information and know what's going on. Night 1 death confused me a bit, and a kev lynch will answer some of my questions.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
i think there's at least 1 scumbag in between mentos kevin and riddle. riddle has pursued null tells in order to hate on people throughout day 1 and it comes off as scummy to me

kevin just says stuff out of left field and mentos' case is pretty good. what i like about that is that i've hated on mentos hard since day 1 because i see him as a lurker so it makes me more comfortable lynching one of them

if there's scum between the cacti/swords divide it's cacti. swords just has trouble explaining his thought process to me and cacti's confidence in trying to get him lynched reminds me of how i sometimes try to lynch a player who's perceived as town. i think they're both town though

i don't know about rockin. before chaco left he was all confident about stuff while chaco scum is VERY timid in early game

i do not see my picks for scum changing anytime soon so i think it's time we start lynching

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer

'Time I show you who I REALLY am. Ante up boys!"

*deals out cards. one of them, instead of a face card, you see...

VOTE COUNT

KevinM [3] : Macman, Mentosman, Swords
Riddle [1] : KevinM
Swords [2] : Cacti, Rockin
Mentos [2]: Circus, Marshy,
Not Voting: Pierre, Riddle

deadline is the last minute of 11/29
takes 6/11 to lynch

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
@Rockin: Explain to me why Swords is the scummiest player in the game. Other players have made (what I would argue are) better cases against players like Kevin and Riddle, which you seemed to agree had merit. But your vote is on Swords. Why? Be thorough.
It's the way he plays and how he presents one's self to others. Yeah, as Marshy explained, he may have a hard time explaining, but I can't help but see some of the stuff he says and reacts more scummy then townish. Personally, I never saw swords as town and someone said this is how he acts in Wonderland Mafia (or I think that's the game).

Recently, I've had a incident where two people in the game were not much helpful/contributing much as town, and as a result, we found out they were antitown later in the game (Wiki a one shot sk and Hando, maf). I believed there was another game where a similar incident happened in FF7 (I can't really say, I stopped reading after I was randomly NKed LOL). The main point is that tere was some behavior that wasn't much beneficial to town and I, personally, waved off each one cause I felt they were just townies being lazy (or I just felt they were town) and they turned up Mafia.

I want to give more focus onto the case such as KevinM or the case against Riddle, but with swords giving me that 'what if...?' aroma, then I may regret it in the long run. I want to lynch off Swords, but if there's interest for say...KevinM or riddle, I'll be fine with that as well.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
The only reason Mentos is scummy was because has hadn't done anything d1. Very non committal. Kevin has actually done scummy ****. I was ignoring Mentos today because he was pushing a case I liked. And didn't want to openly state any suspicions cuz that would distract town. Though I thought it was a bit suspect that Mentos came out right off the bat with a new case on KevinM. That seemingly spurred out of nowhere.
Coasting through D1 is not the only reason Mentos is scummy. In fact, it's not even the best reason Mentos is scummy. You actually started to hit on the real problem toward the end of your paragraph.

On D1, in addition to being coasty, Mentos was playing super safely. He only ever talked about Swords, Cacti, and Truth as suspects. Easy picks. Then, D2 hits, Kevin gets a couple of votes on him, and then BAM—in comes Mentos with a third vote and a face breaker of a post trying to drill Kevin into the lynch spot. Where was this veracity on D1? I realize he had irl johns during the time D1 was going on, but I don't recall him even posting suspicion of Kevin on D1. And while the face breaker ends up having some fair points in it (basically just true statements about Kevin posting one-liners and blaming Marshy and Macman for doing the same), it ultimately feels very reachy to me. Kevin is a hard read, but what I do know about him is that he posts one-liners all the **** time, under any alignment. And I'm quite positive Mentos knows this. That he's so adamantly against Kevin now really rubs me the wrong way. The biggest scumtell Mentos seems to have on Kevin is that his criticisms of Marshy and Macman are hypocritical. Mentos, am I wrong?

What this REALLY reminds me of is Kiki's manufactured argument against Kevin (funnily enough) in Spider-Manfia. Much like Mentos, Kiki posted a long pbpa against Kevin late in the game, which succeeded in persuading quite a few people to vote for Kevin. Kevin ended up getting modkilled, but the point is the trick worked because Kiki made a giant post filled with pseudo-damning evidence against Kevin when no one else really knew who to vote for. Mentoscum could have used this tactic (knowingly or not), coupled with the pressure votes Kevin already had on him in order to try and cement Kevin as the likely lynch early on.

P.S. Kiki was scum in Spider-Manfia. Kevin was not.

Mentosman, I would now like you to tell me why Swords is scummy (I know you'll probably feel like a broken record doing this, but please just do it). Also, for you, how satisfactory is Rockin's answer to my question?

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
First and foremost Circus, the Marshy/Mac thing wasn't the only thing I pointed out where Kevin contradicted himself or changed his mind with no reasoning whatsoever. Also, I like how you mention me coming out against Kevin today when he hadn't said anything about me(whom didn't think I deserved a vote yesterday, then after I posted my case on him I became a part of his lynch pool) or Swords on D1, yet those are who he's looking toward today. OMGUS and easy lynch? Possible.

Swords is scummy because of his posting style. He seems to parrot other people a lot and doesn't seem to bring much new to the table ever. However, while I am still suspicious of him, at this moment he's definitely not the most prime lynch candidate, as I'm beginning to see that despite being called out on it over and over again, he hasn't changed a thing. It may be WIFOM, but a person who is called out repeatedly for almost two days on something about their style, and still hasn't changed at all is less likely to be mafia, because, especially newer scum like Swords, often change their style a lot when highly suspected for something to try to remove that suspicion.

I feel Rockin's response to your question is pretty satisfactory. While it is metagaming off of other people, I can see where he's coming from with the paranoia about an unhelpful person turning out maf. If I hadn't been on Hando's team in MegaMaf, I would probly have the same itching feeling.

And, no, I didn't voice suspicions of Kevin D1. I have already responded to this though: I felt that I should do some detective work over the thread to try and help me find scum, and I noticed a lot about Kevin I hadn't in my much more interrupted keeping up D1.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
lynch choices from riddle, pierre, cacti, kevin, and swords. i think its clear who everyone else is looking at. i think we need to compromise with looming deadline

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
Err...wait. remind me again why Pierre is a lynch target?
Read gheb's post. For your convenience, i shall quote it for you.

After reading through what Omni said I get some other interesting points, which leads me to another suspect of mine: Pierre the Scarecrow. I really didn't think too much about it but after re-reading I get Traitor-ish vibes from him. This is because he speculated a lot about characters and voiced opinions on players, which gives mafia info.

In his 206 he takes a clear stance against nameclaims but now prematurely asks Kevin to nameclaim before the town members have even discussed all options? Pierre basically tells us and the mafia in that, which characters he thinks have PRs. Kinda like "Hey scum, those guys are PRs! NK them if they're claimed!".

His 275 is a textbook example of traitor play. Hand all information on players to the mafia in a nicely sized post, which covers every single player. The first mentioned players are of course the "obvtowns", the trustworthy players. This is basically like saying "Hey scum, these guys are trustworthy and look like town! I'd be a good idea to NK them!"
I've seen a post like that before, when I was reading through the DG archives - it was Scav, who posted something very similar D1 in High School Mafia. Guess what? - He was the traitor! Overall I think my FoS against him is justsified.
C'mon everyone, we need to find a lynch for today. Deadline isn't that far off ya know! My lynch pool is: Kevin and Riddle. Anyone else who is suspicious, well, i'm not really sure about Cacti right now, other than the fact that he is basically focused on the two people that had voted him at the midpoint of D1.

Cacti, would you please tell us what you think of Gheb's post about Pierre possibly being a traitor? You just said, "i also agree with Gheb's points about riddle, but ignored his part about Pierre."

I didn't really answer it, I quoted it because I felt that the post was scummy, and said why.
Nevertheless, you did anyway. It allowed riddle to slip by without having to answer.

Riddle needs to post.

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
Also, whilst i agree with Circus's points on Mentos, i don't think he is the lynch for today.
Pierre is another possible scum, for the reasons Gheb has stated.

But still, i think Kevin/Riddle is our best lynch for today.

Pierre the Scarecrow

Grasping at Straws
lynch choices from riddle, pierre, cacti, kevin, and swords. i think its clear who everyone else is looking at. i think we need to compromise with looming deadline
i feel uncomfortable with the amount of lynches that i am personally okay with, because there are a number of connections to be drawn from a lot of these clashing votes after a lynch, but i might get it wrong, which wont be helpful. therefore ive simply decided that i am far more comfortable proxying my vote to Circus's for today. he has two heads that I am perfectly confident in assuming they are both town aligned, and i think my vote does a lot more good when i give it up and just make circus a "doublevoter."

that said, vote: mentosman8

i do have a question for swordsR, though. i found gheb's reasoning on why i am scummy to be very, very poor. he is essentially afraid that i am a mafia traitor, which seemed to come very far out of left field. why, then, do you agree with his reasoning? why do you find me scummy, besides saying "refer to gheb's reasoning." i would not be surprised if, after having to solidify your own opinion of me, you find yourself far less confident in that assessment.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I would like rather lynch Mentos out of everyone here but that's just me I guess.

However if I come out and vote for him it's OMGUS apparently.

Actually **** that when have I ever like cared haha

Unvote
Vote Mentos

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Thanks Kevin, merely making me more confident I'm right.

Pierre, it's a terrible idea to ever proxy your vote to someone. Circus is not confirmed town and therefore you should not vote with him just because he thinks it's best.

Now, seeing as I'm at L-2, I'm all but prepared to claim. It'll make everything piece together quite well, although those who pay attention should have long since figured out what my claim is going to be. Anyway, I'm merely waiting to make sure this ridiculous bandwagon doesn't seem like breaking down before I get on with it, so if there's no need to wait, people on my wagon, let me know.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Also, the fact that so many people agree with my case on Kevin but are voting me is disheartening. I know I'm not insane because people seem to be agreeing with his scumminess, but they vote me anyway.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
A little bit of OMGUS now eh kevin? I seem to recall you saying yesterday that the only people who thought I deserved a vote were Marshy and Mac, and now that I've posted suspicion of you I'm in your lynch pool. Give me some reasons since you said that to find me scummy or it's sraight up OMGUS.

Mac, I'll respond to your questions after I get off work and have time for a full response

Oh, and one more thing KevMo, you still haven't given me the reasons for your change in opinion, that's why it's OMGUS

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Unvote

Vote: Rockin

Mentos, you're not out of the woods with me, but I'm gonna leave that right there while I figure something out.

Riddle

Smash Lord
People are usually easy to lynch when they are scummy. I find those people scummy so I want them lynched. Other people also find them scummy. Thus someone gets lynched.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
riddle i thought you strongly believed cacti was scum? and because of that you didn't think swords was...

why did that change?

Riddle

Smash Lord
riddle i thought you strongly believed cacti was scum? and because of that you didn't think swords was...

why did that change?
Cacti has greatly improved his play, and convinced me that he is town. Swords on the other hand is playing more and more poorly and since I still don't think Cacti vs. Swords is TvT I think Swords is much more likely to be scum at this point.

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
@riddle Besides, i haven't really played that differently from when you say i was town. Neither has cacti really.

Vote: Riddle

At this point i think you're just trying to find the easy way out of being lynched.

We need to hurry up and agree on a lynch candidate for today, deadline isn't that far away. I think riddle is probably our best lynch, because even if he is town, it will give us the most information.

I'd like to hear why Circus voted rockin as well.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
My current scumlist is Kevin, Swords, Cacti, Rockin in that order for whom it may concern.
People are usually easy to lynch when they are scummy. I find those people scummy so I want them lynched. Other people also find them scummy. Thus someone gets lynched.
Cacti has greatly improved his play, and convinced me that he is town. Swords on the other hand is playing more and more poorly and since I still don't think Cacti vs. Swords is TvT I think Swords is much more likely to be scum at this point.
So....why is Cacti in the lynch pool if you feel he's really town?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Everytime somebody posts something in here my opinion on who's the lynch changes drastically. Earlier toDay I was all for lynching either Riddle or Cacti. After the whole situation started to focus on mentos vs Kevin I was about to write that I'd rather lynch Mentos than Kevin but after Kevin's latest posts I became unsure about thatt again. Now we have the whole Riddle vs Swords bullcrap AGAIN. Those guys are just too much for my nerves right now. This has to be swords 349327492th OMGUS vote in this game. *sigh*

@Circus

You asked mentos about his opinion on Rockin's explanation. What's your opinion? I find it very curious how you ask mentos about it but don't answer it yourself. I take it - due to the fact that you voted him - that Rockin's explanation was not satisfying to you. If so, why not?
Is your mason partner (assuming The Truth didn't lie) confirmed town to you or not?

@swords

You didn't actually vote Riddle because you didn't unvote. You're vote's still on Kevin.

More (including a vote, if we get a vote count....) later...

:059:

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
circus/pierre/circus's partner/gheb. Can you just vote Kevin and stop making this game harder than it needs to be.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
My vote'll put Kevin @L-1, since Swords never unvoted and Deadline's in two days. I want this game to move on.

Vote KevinM

Let's see how this turns out. Too bad we can't just get people deadlined...

:059:

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
in other words.
cacti, if kevin flips scum, and you don't hammer him now. You are scum and will be lynched tomorrow.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
mentos how sure are you that it's KevinscuM? give us a %
This is a harder question to answer than I would have thought. I would say around 75% right now. There are a couple things clouding my view right now, and I know regardless of his flip some of that clouding will be reduced. That's why I'm adamant for his lynch, because while I'm confident enough he's scum, I also know his flip will tell me a few things.

Top Bottom