• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 7 - It's Over, Nothing to See Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
MT's Two Cents on REVOLVER OCELOT

So I'm making my commentary on Ocleot early so that my post actually contributes something instead of just being an error on my part. So we have Ocelot once again...I was the one to review Ocelot the first time around and I knew from the get go that you totally had potential. You had some great ideas with Ocelot Version One but a sub-par execution...which was excusable obviously because it was your very first set. So now we find ourselves with Ocelot Version Two and a lot has improved. First of all, the organization's improved drastically...well I hope it would! Second of all, I see you reused some of the good ideas from the first time around but improved them greatly. A great example of this is the invisibility, it's actually a great concept in this version and it represents his sneakiness well. I also -LOVE- how you gave his Up B an alternate use other than recovery instead of forcing a recovery for him; human characters always suck to make recoveries for, especially ones without supernatural abilities.

You've pretty much managed to do exactly what you set out to do; remake Ocelot the way you wanted him the first time around. I'd certainly say that this is a great set...potentially better than Specter but I really did love Specter too. . .

darth meanie

Smash Journeyman
I already completely read Silver.

Good thing too though, I had a list of nitpicks to share, and now I can warn you about them! It's like a preview that I accidentally stumbled into!

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
In response to those who commented on my moveset:

The truth is, I didn't make it in accordance with the normal standards of MYM - it's one of twenty or so character movesets that I made about a year ago. As such, I designed them more in accordance with Smash 'regulars', that is, with strange play mechanics mild or nonexistent. MYM's tendency to create characters who, for example, have projectiles, traps, creature spawning, etc. for their basic moves kind of stretches what Smash Bros could be to absurd limits. When I designed Marina, I tried to stay true to the character, as well as the nature of the Smash universe, at the expense of 'creativity'. I could have, for example, given her a play mechanic that would have her spawn Clanballs in the air and use them to bounce around the stage. But that would have been just silly.
This sounds a lot like me last contest. Of course, that line of thinking didn't hold up very long because not only are the more creative sets more fun to make, but they could still plausibly be put into Smash (just not as long as Sakurai is around). I can definitely see where you're coming from, so I can respect it.

Also...

skylerocon.wordpress.com

For those who forgot I had a review space. It normally isn't as busy as the Stadium's review queue and I tend to get reviews out faster than the Sandbags anyway, so... Feel free to swing by if you want an extra opinion.

Apemasta'

Smash Cadet
Partly because I'm lazy, partly because Frf's style is much more appealing and lends to not having to be an incredible critic, bullet points!! :D (And happy MYM7, everyone!)

Wallmaster
- I'm usually not a big fan of the OHKO, but Phase is well-balanced.
- ... And then we come to Death's Reach. Approval was rampant until I read OHKO again. :( Multiple OHKO options set me off. Hopefully the rest of the set balances this.
- Up Specials that don't act as recoveries always intrigue me... Interesting move, and I can already see an emerging playstyle.

- Interesting use of Floormaster, but dang this move confused me.
- Wallmaster is proving a nice representation of his LoZ incarnation. Not easy to avoid.

- Why so many tentacles? I do wish I'd see more of Wallmaster himself on the hunt..
- Vortex is so my kind of move. A+ in all fields.

- Oh crap, super-mini-mechanic.
- I was wondering when Wallmaster would get a bit of recovery help...
- Slap hitting in the BG seems a bit random. Always a nice effect, but a bit out of place for Wallmaster.

- Aha, the throws are exactly what I was talking about. :D
- Ha, the walking hand's FS a test of finger dexterity. You silly.
- Finally... even the black and white motif needs some variety, mate. :( And the odd justification made it a bit hard to tell when a new attack started...

Dead Hand
- Kudos to Spire for the awesome pic, and for you for doing Dead Hand :D
- Slowing opponents down to even the playing field... We seem to have a trend on the first page.

- More OHKOs? :o You're on thin ice, Dead Hand. Also, great graphic description with Devour...
- My first read-through of Burrow gave me a bad impression. Impression repealed, I actually like the approach.

- A Chomp that doesn't chomp? Nice anti-projectile.
- Priority is touched on way too little. Loving Bloat.

- Dead Hand seems to have some good going for it in terms of survivability. 2 healing moves already, one of which heals 50%...
- That's a lot of drool o.o

- Another trend of the dead - grab hitboxes.
- Devour KOs, yet Snap Up doesn't... eh, disregard logic.
- In the end, I forgive Devour. It's definitely Dead Hand's most viable KO option.

Dusknoir
- From the onset, the organization is a bit awkward and lackluster...
- Based on the introduction, I'm assuming this is (at least somewhat) a PMD set?

- I already kinda love you for actually using that mouth of his. One of those touches that doesn't get much attention because of the game's mechanics...
- A little more info on Dimensional Gate would be nice - how they're replaced, etc.
- I actually really like Shadow Firewall as an attack. But I'm noticing an unfortunately blatant lack of importance in the Specials as a whole. :(
- Here's the PMD, a summon, no less. I agree with... whoever said this - they're underpowered.

- Dusknoir PAWNCH is pretty laggy for a Jab. I'm assuming the rest of his playstyle will compliment this...?
- Great mindgames with Evil/Watchful Eye.
- Whoever Said This is right again. The type attributing doesn't set too well in Smash.

- Interesting application of attacking during Crunch's charge, but for the sake of clarification, where exactly is this attack's hitbox aimed?
- Also, random status effects FTL :(
- +1 for creativity, Neo. What I loved about Pokemon Ranger was how it expanded on Pokemon abilities rather than attacks - great anti-Pokemon Sydrom source.
- I'd say Oblivion Laser solidifies this Dusknoir as the one from PMD... Also the talking...

- I definitely see the warrant of Sucker Punch, but I'm uneasy with it's application?
- I've said it before - I'm usually against "once per stock" attacks. Same goes for Invisibility. Beyond personal preference, though, it's one of those attacks that just hold an aerial spot without being... well, necessarily aerial.

Klubba
- Yay, priority game!
- As a Dedede main, Club Shards ticks me off... that's about it...
- I can already see Klubba's potential as a defensive character. Toll Booth's simplicity is its excellency.

- IT'S A TRAP!
- Thoroughly enjoyed Strongman, and the aerials continued to be spicily, enticingly simple.
- Niftylol

- Ejection's poison damage would put me off, if it weren't for Tetanus! :D

And that's all for now. Super Macho Man and Revolver Ocelot get my two cents tomorrow, and my first set for MYM7 should be up by the end of the week!

Katapultar

Smash Lord
[size=+3]Ocelot[/size]
The MYM5 Ocelot set you made was a interesting read when I was a newbie, so I wonder how this set will work out?

I disagree with darth meanie that Ocelot's Smashes are OOC since he's the Final Boss in MGS4 and you have to fight him hand to hand (Look at those muscles). While it is Liquid Snake controling Ocelot, I don't totally think that Ocelot being controlled by Liquid and punching for the kill is in character FOR Ocelot's method of killing. On the other hand, Ocelot planting a bomb on the foe with his D-throw to KO the foe is a stroke of genius.

The concept of Ocelot's gun is totally in character, the trick shot is epic because it reminds me of Ocelot in MGS3 how he killed a soldier by firing at a surface and letting the bullet bounce towards the soldier and kill him. Seeing this, the set almost could have had Ocelot focus more on his guns and torture rather than the Liquid for a kill. I don't neccesarily think that this is your best set in all, but it's definitely a good one at that, and all of the attacks are well detailed and worded.

I also see you added quotes for The Sorrow from your older Ocelot set and put in new ones for your newer sets. Those are well done. Why can't (more) people praise you for them, they are extremely well thought out. The codec is a new one if Im not mistaken? It's a fairly well done one.

4nace

Smash Ace
Has anyone ever done or seen a good Lord of the Rings character done in MYM? I'm looking for some attack ideas for my game Lord of the Smash and have gone through the posts with no luck. From what I've seen, somebody planned on doing Aragorn but then never did. So I was wondering if someone could be so awesome as to do a MYM for someone like Aragorn, Gimli, Eomer or even Legolas.

Thanks,
Dan

JOE!

Smash Hero
i dont think anyone has, but if you check the OP, you can look at the Canvas to see past sets.

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
THE HEDGEHOG

Silver the Hedgehog is a character from the Sonic the Hedgehog series who made his debut in the widely panned “Sonic the Hedgehog” AKA, Sonic 2006. Silver himself is also widely criticized but who cares, I’m making a set for him anyway because I, unlike most others, think he’s pretty cool. Yeah, I really do.

In Sonic 2006, Silver is one of the three main playable characters (next to Shadow and Sonic himself). Silver comes from the same world as Sonic but is from the future; potentially up to 200 years in the future from where Sonic’s time is. In Silver’s future, the world has been destroyed due to Iblis; a creature who destroyed the world with its powerful fires. Because of the fact that most of the world is destroyed in this future, Silver is much slower than Sonic and Shadow due to not having places to run like his hedgehog ancestors. To make up for this, Silver possesses powerful psychic abilities including, but not limited to, telekinesis, levitation and the ability to create energy blasts. In Sonic Rivals/2, Silver was also able to confuse his foes with his ESP powers and was also considerably faster.

Since his creation in Sonic 2006, Silver has been a regularly returning character; appearing in Sonic Rivals, Sonic Rivals 2, Sonic and the Secret Rings, Mario and Sonic and the Winter Olympic Games, Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity, Sonic and the Black Knight and even Super Smash Brothers Brawl.

Possessing a strong sense of justice, Silver attempts to do what he believes is right in order to save his future from the plans that Eggman (and on occasion Eggman NEGA) attempt. While often serious, Silver is also quite childish, especially in the Sonic Rivals series where he often lets his temper and cockiness get the best of him.

Recovery – 8
Range – 7
Ground Speed – 5
Attack Speed – 5
Priority – 5
Size – 5
Traction – 4
Power – 4
Weight – 4
Fall Speed – 3

As you can see, Silver is a mixed bag of good and bad stats. Size wise, he’s slightly larger than Sonic but he’s also considerably slower. Silver’s physical attacks are all mostly weak, but his telekinetic attacks are where his real KO potential comes into play…it’s also why his range is so good. Silver’s recovery is excellent if only because he has the power to levitate much like Peach’s hover. Silver is very floaty however and his traction is less than impressive…he’s also just as light as Sonic (if not a touch lighter) making him easy to KO even at lower percents.

Neutral B: ESP
Silver crosses his arms before his face and then swings them forward, glowing a bright blue as he does so and letting out a cry of “Psychic control!” At this, any opponent within a Bowser width of Silver (to any side) will glow a strange aqua color for the next five seconds. While glowing, the opponent’s controls are mirrored (left is right, up is down) much like how Palkia swaps controls on Spear Pillar. This attack does 0% and no knockback as well as taking about ¾’s of a second start up lag…fortunately it doesn’t have much in terms of end lag.

Side B: Telekinesis
Holding his fist before him as it shakes slightly, Silver glows that same aqua color again before thrusting his hand forward. If an opponent is before Silver (maximum range being one Battlefield platform), Silver will cry out, “It’s no use!” The opponent then glows the same aqua color that Silver glows and will be held in place for a slightly longer duration than that of a normal grab, levitating slightly off the ground. Silver can then aim the foe in any direction; above, below, to the sides, diagonally…whatever, with the control stick. With a tap of the B button, Silver will pull his hand back and then instantly thrust it forward, hurling the foe in the direction you aimed with medium knockback that can KO Mario from the center of FD at about 150%. This attack will deal no damage UNLESS the foe is thrown into a wall/the ground in which case they’ll take 10%.

This is one of Silver’s best KO moves as you can use it to throw the opponent in whichever direction suits the situation best. With little start up lag (although a bit of end lag if you miss), this is a great substitute for Silver’s throws…just be careful; the grab portion of this attack -CAN- be spotdodged…if you’re predictable about it, you’ll be eating a Smash attack for your slip up. To end on a positive note however, this move can also be used in mid-air so long as the opponent is in range and on level (much like how Triforce Slash has to be on the same level). This makes it great for gimping…hurl your foe to their death…throw them into the stage for a stage spike…you decide!

On top of being able to pick up and throw opponents, Silver can also grab any and every projectile within reach and is able to hurl them at foes making it excellent against foes with projectiles (such as Snake’s grenades, Ness’ PK Fire, etc.).

Up Special: Psi Blocker
Holding both hands above his head, Silver creates a solid platform directly above him, blocking off attacks from above (or at least slowing them down as the foe then has to drop through the platform). The platform Silver creates is your basic fall through platform identical to the ones on Battlefield (except it’s made of aqua colored PSI energy). This provides up to two platforms that both you and your opponent can stand upon. If you try and summon a third platform, the first platform created will flicker; you then have two seconds to get to a more solid platform before it vanishes. This attack does no damage, knockback or anything of that sort…it has very little end lag but enough start up lag to make it impossible to spam (IE you’ll never have more than 3 platforms on stage at a time guaranteed).

Ah, so you caught on huh? Indeed this is a fall through platform so it DOES in fact apply to Silver’s other moves that will be covered a bit later...In fact, this can lead to some awesome mindgames…strand an opponent out a ways on one of these platforms then pull it to you and hope they slip up. Or of course…you could always rearrange them as shields on stages like…oh? Final Destination? Where it doesn’t have any fall throughs of its own? You'll get plenty more ideas after reading a few more of the ways you can interact with these platforms.

Down Special: Psychic Bend
With a press of this command, Silver will press his hands to the stage beneath him and shout “C’mon!” At this, the stage will begin to sink in the location you used this move, essentially creating a dip in the stage. What does this mean for Silver players? One very important thing: protection against campers. Fighting a laser happy Falco? Make the stage dip down in one part so you can safely stay under them! Need a little extra when it comes to recovery? Dip the side of the stage down so it’s easier to reach! Obviously this is gonna end up making the stages look pretty funky in the end...but hey! Isn’t that what Smash is supposed to be? Doing wacky stuff with wacky effects? Indeed it is.

This attack has a little start up lag but hardly any end lag (and doesn’t do any damage or knockback either). What it does do however is make the stage bend wherever you’re using this move. So if you use it in the center of Final Destination, the very middle of it will dip down one Kirby height every second you hold the command…eventually it’ll end up looking kinda like Green Hill Zone’s dip! The stage will stay like this until Silver is KO’d at which time it will begin to reshape itself at the same rate it changed.

Neutral Combo: Psychic Push
Silver thrusts his hand forward unleashing a blast of aqua colored energy. Upon making contact with a foe, this move pushes them back a bit, much like Mario’s FLUDD or Squirtle’s charged Water Gun in terms of range. This move comes out surprisingly fast but has some nasty end lag (surprisingly for a neutral A). It also doesn’t deal any damage or knockback (knockback and pushback are different, right?) It can however be a very reliable gimping method if properly used.

Dash Attack: Silver Strike
Silver laughs and says “Heh! Enjoy!” as he teleports out of sight. A moment later, Silver will appear (hopefully) behind the opponent and deliver a powerful kick before him, striking the opponent in the back dealing 8% and medium knockback. The distance Silver teleports is equal to that of Meta Knight’s Dimensional Cape so timing for this one can be a tad tricky. It does however leave Silver open to retaliation if he misses as he loses his momentum…on the other hand, it leaves him facing the other direction meaning he can follow up quite easily.

Side Tilt: Mental Burst
Leaning forward, Silver thrusts both arms forward and cries out “Get out of here!” One third of a second later, ALL fall through platforms on the stage will fly directly across the stage in whatever direction Silver is facing at the speed of Sonic’s run speed, flying until they hit a solid wall at the speed of, an opponent or the side blast zone. If they hit a wall or the blast zone, obviously you just ruined your platforms. If you hit an opponent however, the platform will shatter, striking the opponent up to eight times with small hits of 2%. Very little end lag but if you miss, you’ve ruined all of your platforms and your defense will take a major hit.

Up Tilt: Mental Manipulation
Silver levitates slightly off the ground, holding his arms at his side as he glows blue. At this time, the nearest fall through platform to Silver will also glow the same color (or more brightly if it’s a Silver created platform), pulsating slightly. As long as the A button is held, Silver will stay in his levitated state…but if the control stick is pressed in any direction, the glowing platform will be entirely controllable, being able to be fine tuned anywhere on the stage. The floating platform will move at the speed of Mario’s run and can be moved in any direction. This is perfect for placing the platforms in the EXACT location you wish them to be in (ideal for boxing yourself in) far quicker and more exact than with the Up Special. The main downside here is that Silver is entirely vulnerable to being attacked while he’s moving the platforms.

If there are two platforms equal distance from Silver, Silver will move the platform that he’s facing…so make sure you’re moving the platform you want to be moving. As a side note, this move can be used for some pretty interesting strategies in team matches…

Down Tilt: Silver Spin
Ever played Super Mario Bros. 3? You remember those spinning platforms that would launch Mario into the air when he jumped on one, usually to his death? Yeah. That’s the same basic concept here. With the down tilt command tapped, Silver will laugh and say “Later!”. Half a second later, ALL fall through platforms on the stage will begin to spin very rapidly for a full second and a half. Unfortunately, Silver is also left with about half a second end lag after using the attack…but it’s not long enough that you’ll be easily punished, especially if you use this move at the right time!

The spinning platforms do no damage but they will launch the opponent like the catapult on Pirate Ship. If this throws your opponent off the stage, you can easily follow up and attempt to gimp them. This is also especially useful if your opponent is trying to use one of your platforms for recovery; chances are if you spin the platforms as the opponent is about to land on one, they’ll go flying off to their doom.

Side Smash: Psycho Shock
Pulling his hands back, Silver takes a pose similar to the one below. Upon release of the Smash, Silver thrusts his hands forward, unleashing a burst of blue energy forward with the range of a Falcon Punch. If this connects, the opponent will receive 12-19% damage depending on the charge but no knockback. Instead, this attack stuns much like Zero Suit Samus’ Neutral B; the amount of stun depends on the charge as a C-sticked Side Smash will get you half a second stun whereas a fully charged Side Smash gets you a second and a half. Slight beginning lag and slight end lag, great set up though for a Neutral/Side Special.

Up Smash: Earth Ripper
Silver places a hand to the ground and his whole body begins to quake as he pumps his psychic energy into the floor beneath him. Once the Smash is released, a huge chunk of the stage will tear up before him, dealing 14-18% and medium-high knockback depending on the charge. The obvious disadvantage here is that…well, for an Up Smash, it doesn’t hit above him. This attack is fairly laggy on the start up but is has surprisingly little end lag.

The obvious benefit of this Smash is that it creates a thick wall of ground that’s as tall as Ganondorf (regardless of charge) directly before Silver. This can be used to soak up quite a few projectiles/attacks (25% worth to be exact) or…it can be used to give Silver a projectile of his own. Used in combination with Silver’s Side B, Silver will tear the chunk of ground loose and then be able to throw it at his will. If hit with this flying chunk of terra firma, you’ll be taking a solid 16% and medium/high knockback. Fortunately this projectiles can’t be spammed; you can only have one wall of ground at once…try and make another and the first one will crumble.

Down Smash: Mental Shockwave
Silver balls his fists up in front of his face as the move charges. Once the charge is released, Silver presses his hands to the ground releasing a seismic shockwave of psychic energy. The longer the charge is held, the higher the shockwaves go. At minimum charge, they’ll only be the height of a crouching Kirby whereas at maximum charge, they’ll be Ganondorf’s height. If the shockwaves hit an opponent in the air, they’ll deal low/medium knockback and 11-17%…but if they hit a foe on the ground, they’ll put the opponent into a tripped state for slightly longer than the normal tripped animation. Another great setup for Silver’s moves with more KO potential.

Neutral Aerial: PSI Swap
What madness is this? A nair that doesn’t involve spinning in a slight circle with your arms outstretched? Blasphemy. Anyway, with this move, Silver’s eyes glow aqua as he curls his body up slightly. A moment later, an aqua colored sphere forms around Silver with a radius similar to Jiggly’s Sing. Anyone in the radius during the attack vanishes momentarily, including Silver. A moment later, everyone reappears…but it a new position!

For instance, if the opponent was to the right of Silver when they were hit with this move, they’ll appear to his left, essentially mirrored over him. While this just seems kinda weird, it can be very effective for mindgaming your opponent, gimping them, avoiding their attacks or just ruining their attacks period! Ike tries to side smash you? SH’d nair will have him swinging at nothing. This attack does no damage or knockback…but it is fairly lagless on both ends…great for messing with your enemy’s mind.

Forward Aerial: Silver Shield
Silver holds out a hand before him as he glows blue. Suddenly, a semi-transparent blue wall appears before him the height of Ganondorf. This wall is, oddly enough, solid and will not let opponents pass through it. If an opponent hits the wall while trying to recover, they’ll simply act as if they’re against a wall and, if you block their Up B with it, will cause any characters who enter a freefall after their Up B to fall to their death. The wall will last for a second and a half or until Silver touches the ground. If he touches the ground while using his fair, Silver will suffer from very nasty end lag…but…the end lag is still pretty bad in the air

This move is great for gimping opponents whose Up B recovery moves are very predictable. It’s also quite useful in combination with Silver’s float; thanks to the float, you can easily chase after off-stage opponents with less than stellar recoveries.

Backward Aerial: Psychic Scrambler
Spinning around, Silver attempts to strike the foe with his right hand which is glowing with PSI energy. If he connects, the opponent’s Special Moves will be randomly scrambled for the next three seconds. For instance, Up B may actually be Down B, deadly if you’re Yoshi and over the edge…or perhaps your Green Missile is now Fireball? This attack has the potential to be an amazing gimp tool depending on your opponent…just be careful with it; it’s got some end lag and the hitbox for it is deceptively small. As a nice little bonus, it also does 6% and flinching knockback.

Up Aerial: Psycho Pull
Silver’s up air is a weird one…it can be used for some fairly epic mindgames though. Silver holds his arms out to both sides, visibly trembling as he glows aqua again. A second later, any drop through platforms within a Smart Bomb radius around Silver will psychically be drawn to and directly above him him. So what exactly does this do and why would you want to use it over the up tilt? Well, it draws all platforms directly above Silver instantly; no fiddling around with exact locations one platform at a time. Short-hopped, this can easily provide some protection from above from some projectiles and dairs.

Down Aerial: Matter Shatter
For this attack, Silver raises his hands above his head and lets out a yell. He then thrusts his hands between his legs and unleashes a miniature psychic explosion that deals 8% and a weak spike. This move however has more interesting properties…using it above one of your created platforms (see up aerial) will shatter the platform sending shard of psychic energy rocketing downwards. These don’t do a whole lot of damage (about 3% per hit with the potential of five hits) but with the aid of the shattered platform, Silver’s dair becomes a deadly downward spike! It’s fairly situational but it can easily serve a purpose…oh, and if you ever wanted to play on Battlefield without the platforms; it works on all fall through platforms.

Grab: Silver’s grab is very similar in appearance and range to that of his Side B…the notable exception is that once he thrusts his hand forward, he then jerks it back, pulling the opponent closer. If Silver misses with this, he exclaims “What?!” and looks forward in disbelief making it rather laggy.
Pummel: Silver Spin
While holding his hand before him, Silver rotates his arm so that his palm is now facing up. This causes the opponent to spin very quickly clockwise and then very quickly counter-clockwise when he returns his hand to its normal position. A rather slow (yet comical) pummel, this deals a solid 7% per use…won’t get many uses with its poor speed though.

Forward Throw: Psychic Yo-Yo
No, this isn’t a Ness throw…Silver raises his hand to his head and then thrust it forward, hurling the opponent a Battlefield platform forward…simple, right? Not quite. Silver then jerks his hand back, pulling the opponent back towards him (like a yo-yo, get it?). Upon returning to their starting place, Silver then flicks his hand, carelessly tossing the foe forward with low knockback. This attack deals 9% to the grabbed foe and, surprisingly, 11% to any foes hit by the opponent during their yo-yo effect.

Backward Throw: Gravity Leapfrog
Jumping into the air, Silver swings both arms downwards, sending the opponent spinning beneath Silver and around him in a full circle (clockwise) before Silver turns around in mid-air and flicks them away with knockback similar to his forward throw. This throw deals a solid 8% to opponents and, like Silver’s forward throw, deals 10% to any opponent who is struck by the foe Silver’s spinning around! These throws are exceptional for free-for-alls!

Up Throw: Psychic Soccer
Silver brings both of his hands close together as if he were holding a basketball between them. At the same time, the opponent is psychically compacted into a ball shape themselves…except for Kirby, he’s…ya know? Spherical enough. Silver then makes a tossing motion with his right hand which causes the foe to be tossed upward and toward Silver! Silver then kicks the opponent upward before jumping into them with his head, knocking them skyward with low/medium knockback. Upon reaching a Ganondorf height up, the opponent then returns to their normal shape. Except Kirby. This deals 8% to grabbed opponent and, like Silver’s other grabs, more damage for opponents hit by the opponent being thrown, 10% in this case.

Down Throw: PSI Catch
Silver hurls the foe upwards a great distance similar to Meta Knight’s Up Throw (where he lifts them off stage) before sending the foe plummeting towards the ground! Upon hitting the ground, the opponent takes no knockback but a great 13%. Any opponent’s hit by the falling opponent take 5%…but they also get pitfall’d due to having a foe slammed on their head! Ouch…

+- Super Silver -+
Silver’s grabbed the Smash Ball and he’s now glowing…uh oh…it’s that time…Super Silver! With a tap of the B button, Silver flies to the middle of the stage and throws his arms out to both sides, glowing with a golden aura as the seven Chaos Emeralds circle around him. With a cry of “This will end it!” Silver transforms into his Super form (as pictured above). Super Sonic clone, right? No way! The transformation into Super Silver grants Silver all of the following…

- Flight. Just like Super Sonic, Super Silver is able to fly. Unlike Super Sonic however, Super Silver moves much slower (about the speed of Diddy’s Final Smash) and does no damage on contact with Silver.

- Shield of Light. The Shield of Light is a super powerful shield created by the power of the Chaos Emeralds and Silver’s very own Psychokinesis. By pressing and holding the A button, a glowing circle the size of a Smart Bomb explosion will appear around Silver (although he’ll be unable to move so long as the A button is held). If an opponent (or projectile) is caught in the radius, Silver will be able to throw the opponent (or projectile) in any direction, exactly like his Side Special.

- Neutral B: Chaos Flip
Silver exclaims, “This’ll be a snap!” as he snaps his fingers. Upon command, the entire stage will flip upside down, the exact same way that Palkia flips Spear Pillar! Controls are reversed for everyone but Silver and other mayhem ensues. A surefire way to irritate your friends.

Side B: Psychic Gust
Silver holds his hands out to both sides of him and creates a gust of psychic energy, blowing opponents away much like FLUDD or Latias/Latios do. This does no damage but can gimp foes especially in the chaos of this Final Smash (no pun intended).

Up B: Gravity Flip
Silver laughs and throws both hands into the air. At this, the gravity then becomes incredibly floaty, much like when sliding down the hill in Summit. This makes everyone very floaty and, by association, even easier to gimp with Psychic Gust (especially when the stage is flipped).

Down B: Psychic Burst
Ah, the one way to actually cause DAMAGE with this Final Smash! By pressing Down B, Silver shouts, “I’m better!” as he sends a huge ball of pure energy towards the stage. This energy ball is about the size and speed of a fully charged Charge Shot and deals 15% and high knockback. Fortunately it’s spammable! Yay!

This transformation into Super Silver lasts about 15 seconds. Once it wears off, the stage flips back to normal, gravity resets (providing you changed them) and Silver enters a freefall (once the stage is flipped normally of course). Silver lands and lets out an exhausted “Not…now…” All great things must come to an end Silver…

Up Taunt: Relaxing During Battle
Silver floats into the air, appearing much like Dedede’s crouch as he floats and says “Looks like I’m on a roll!”

Side Taunt: Aura Mockery
Silver floats off the ground slightly. He then clenches his fists and glows with his aqua aura asking, “Can’t you do better?” before laughing and setting down on the ground again.

Down Taunt: Glove Fixer
Silver holds a gloved hand before his face and tightens his glove with his other hand. He then says, “I’m better!” before swinging his hands to his side and taking his idle stance again.

Victory Pose 1: Psychic Victory
Silver stands in place, one hand on his side and the other held up near his head. In the background, the opponents are all floating, surrounded by aqua aura. Silver then says, “That was easy enough!” before clenching his fist, causing the opponents to all fall, landing in their tripped state.

Victory Pose 2: Protector
Silver is floating in the middle of the screen much like his Brawl Trophy, he then declares, “I will protect the future!”

Victory Pose 3: Humble Victory
Silver crosses his arms and looks around, he then says “Not bad all in all,” as he begins to clap with his opponents.

Lose Pose: Exhaustion
Silver claps weakly…but he’s on one knee with his head drooped forward. Looks like that fight took a bit out of him…perhaps he used his psychic abilities too much?

Victory Theme: Sonic Team Jingle

~PLAYSTYLE~

Playing As – His World
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRe3h1iQ1Os

So you’ve picked up Sonic’s far less popular silver hued counterpart huh? Up for a little stage control and aerial gimping? Who isn’t?! Let’s go over Silver’s ground game first which, oddly enough, borrows quite a bit from the aerial game. First things first; take note of what stage you’re playing on and what platforms you can manipulate. If there aren’t any (Final Destination) you’re going to want to create your own. Now that you’ve made your own platforms, you’re going to have to figure out what to do with them. Do you want to manipulate them as a shield to hover over Silver and protect him from arched projectiles and aerial attacks? Do you want to extend them closer to the edges for easier KO’ing and/or easier recovery? Analyze your opponent’s character; if they’ve chosen someone with an excellent off stage game, you may want to focus on your recovery rather than shielding.

Aside from your platforms however, Silver can form the stage to his advantage in other ways; the most notable being the Up Smash and the Down B.. Silver’s Up Smash will create a wall that can be used to absorb projectiles…unfortunately its stamina will dwindle quickly when hit with rapid fire projectiles like lasers and such or can simply be destroyed via a quick Smash attack. The Down B however is much more useful for ducking under laser spam and is therefore much more useful against the Spacies. Both of these are key however to protecting Silver from projectile users as he lacks a reliable projectile of his own…

As far as KO’ing goes, Silver’s prime means of KO’ing while grounded are his up smash and, more importantly, his Side B. Silver’s Up Smash delivers good knockback but is awkward to hit with because of its unusually placed hitbox and relatively long lag time. Silver’s Side B however is much more useful for KO’ing if only because of it’s wonderful usefulness. Because of how it can be used to suit whatever situation you’re in, it’s incredibly versatile when it comes to throwing the foe. The main downside to this move is the lengthy lag if you miss with it; if you do miss, you’ll be punished for it. Stunning the foe via side smash however can easily remove this risk.

And now we reach Silver’s air game…a wonderful air game indeed. Silver’s forward aerial is great for gimping most everyone, especially those with weak up B's; Silver can leap off, fair them, float back onto the stage and wait for them to fall to their doom. Silver’s neutral aerial can easily reverse the tide of a battle as moves like Yoshi and Bowser’s Down B become potential death traps with one switch. Backward air is not to be underestimated either; combined with the control switching effects of the Neutral B, this move becomes even MORE confusing. Never forget that while it may just be a simple swap of what each B Move does, it could easily lead to a death as it renders the opponent unable to use their Up B recovery (and it becomes a scary gamble for characters whose special moves make them fall instantly).

So we’ve covered Silver’s ground game and his aerial game…how about his teamwork? Silver is -THE- team character simply put as he brings a lot to the table with almost anyone if only because of his platform manipulation. When paired with characters who have bad/easily gimpable recoveries (Link, Ness, Lucas), Silver can help rescue his partners easily thanks to his up tilt platform manipulation. Silver can also help characters with slower speeds/attack speeds get in to launch an attack and then retreat…floating Warlock Punch anyone? Heck, if on a team with Cradily and the opponent knocks Cradily airborne, Silver can manipulate a platform beneath him and move him around as a mobile turret! Granted this leaves Silver relatively unprotected but…if the teammate does a good enough job of harassing the foes, Silver should be protected just fine.

Silver is also a beast in Free-For-Alls. Because of his weird stage warping, Silver makes the “everyone for themselves” battles even more hectic. Another plus for Silver in four player matches is the simple fact that his throws actually do more damage to opponents hit by the throwee! That’s right, people hit by the person being thrown take more damage than the guy getting thrown himself does; Silver uses them as a human projectile! Not only this, but it’s far, far easier to land Silver’s Neutral Special when everyone else is distracted, leading all the opponents to end up with the major penalty of warped controls! With what he lacks in one-on-one matches, Silver makes up for massively in multi-man Brawls!

One last bit for you to digest…what stops you from just say…positioning a platform under the stage and then waiting out the match? Well, for one…you’d be a cheap asshat. Secondly, you’d easily be banned for stalling. Thirdly, there’s really no stages you could successfully pull this off that aren’t banned. If you tried it on FD, even by positioning the platform under the stage prior to jumping down there , your opponent would just have to jump down there and poke you with one attack and you’d be stage spiked through the platform.

Playing Against – Dreams of an Absolution​

So you’re in a match against Silver…what do you do? Depends on your character of course! Just keep in mind; campers beware…Silver’s got your number! If you’re playing a particularly campy character (Spacies, Pit, etc.) you’re gonna have a hell of a time getting around Silver’s “fortress.” With all those blasted platforms to protect him, you can’t even arch your projectiles in to poke him (sorry Pit). Silver quite literally can wall himself in via a combination of the platforms he creates and the wall he can tear up using his Up Smash. This essentially forces Silver’s opponent to make the first move (otherwise he can just tear them to ribbons with his psychically thrown debris). If there’s one thing to be happy about with this match up, it’s that Silver’s not gonna get his platforms in place instantly; if you can keep the pressure on him and not give him a chance to position things to his liking, you can stop him before he gets started. Well, at least his defensive game…you still have his deadly offense to deal with now that you have him cornered.

Fighting Silver is a very hard medium to reach. On one hand you want to be aggressive enough to stop him before he can wall himself in…but on the other, if you’re too aggressive you’ll find yourself stunned and hurled away or with your controls all swapped up. Needless to say, this makes a good Silver player deadly. Oddly enough though, hit and run attacks seem to work the best against Silver, as do powerful attacks in general. Silver is LIGHT. This is your key advantage (unless you’re too weak to take advantage of it…) against Silver. A power character (such as Ike) who can catch Silver with a side smash will end up killing him at very low percents. Speedier characters (like Sonic funny enough…) also give Silver trouble; they’re fast enough to stop your defenses but they’re also cautious enough to avoid Silver’s ground game. In the air, any character who can keep Silver busy can avoid a majority of his attacks and it’s surprisingly hard to catch a speedy character with Silver’s nair.

Silver’s good but as long as you apply the appropriate amount of pressure to him you can topple him fairly easily. At lower levels of play, Silver players will probably focus more on trying to throw you as much as possible whereas at higher levels, Silver becomes a much, much more defensive character. Just remember his weaknesses; he’s not exactly the fastest, he’s very light (while still being a larger target than most lightweights), he has terrible traction and only a handful of reliable KO methods. Even the slowest of characters can take out Silver providing they hit hard enough and avoid his gimping game.

Vs. Sonic: 60/40 – Silver’s Favor
The match of the century; hedgehog vs. hedgehog! In Sonic 2006, this matchup was painfully one-sided, in Smash…well, it’s a little more even. To begin, Sonic has the clear speed advantage, this was made clear even in Sonic 2006. Silver however has range which is a deadly, deadly tool with him. Silver’s platforms and walls can easily slow down the blue blur, especially since the walls will stop Sonic in his tracks. Off stage however, Sonic has the advantage. His aerials are a lot better for attacking, his recovery is too good to gimp properly and Silver’s moves don’t do a very good job of scrambling Sonic up. Silver however CAN snatch Sonic mid-run with his Side B and can make Sonic much more unwieldly with his controls scrambled up via Neutral B. While playing as Sonic, you’ll want to keep the pressure on Silver and force him off stage where you’ll have the advantage. While playing as Silver, you’ll want to do whatever it takes to slow down Sonic as much as possible, peppering him with your projectiles whenever possible. If there’s one more crucial advantage that Silver has, it’s that he has far more reliable KO moves than Sonic does.

Vs. Ness: 75/25 – Silver’s Favor
So, a battle between the two psychics; Ness is more offensive whereas Silver is more defensive…this surprisingly however gives Ness quite the difficult time against a good Silver player. First of all, if they’re on the same level, Silver can simply grab and toss Ness’ PK Fiyah back at him or, even if he’s too slow, throw it back at the next PK Fiyah to intercept it. Even if Ness jumps to start an aerial assault, Silver can angle the fiyah to intercept him in mid-air. That being said…Silver doesn’t even have to worry about PK Fire in the first place; the ground wall created with his Up Smash is more than enough to stop it, just like how Silver’s created platforms can stop PK Thunder and PK Flash. Silver manages to completely shut down Ness’ projectile game which leaves him mostly limited to his air game…which is when a good Silver player will want to gimp him! Providing Ness is trying to recover, swapping places with Ness with your nair will let you take the PK Thunder and have Ness fall to his doom. Of course…you could always just swap his Specials with your bair and hope he gets something hazardous to his recovery like PK Magnet or PK Flash. And don’t forget the usefulness of your Neutral B; a Ness with his controls swapped around will have a hell of a time trying to work PK Thunder.

Vs. Mewtwo: 20/80 - Mewtwo’s Favor
Oh my…what an advantage we had over Ness is now ruined with the semi-broken God of Pokemon (Yes, Mewtwo makes even Arceus bow down). Mewtwo is a hellish match up for Silver if only because of all the disadvantages he has. The wall created by his Up Smash is now not just a projectile for him, but also for Mewtwo! Making a wall will only result in Mewtwo’s superior grab range hurling it back in your face…fortunately he can’t do the same for your platforms due to Silver being the only platform manipulator. The main problem here is that Mewtwo does most everything you can do…but vastly better. His grab range outranges you by a considerable margin and any projectiles you can throw at him he’ll throw right back making it a game of catch. Of course…Mewtwo also has a much easier time simply grabbing and throwing Silver. Mewtwo’s Up Special also makes it very difficult (and somewhat awkward) to gimp him. Because Silver will more often than not be close when Mewtwo teleports, he’ll often be teleported with him…and if Silver switches their positions around with his nair, things can get fairly interesting (and quite confusing…) in a hurry. This is a very uphill battle for Silver players…it’s not impossible…but you’ll find yourself being the one tossed around for a change. If Mewtwo gets you off stage to the point where you’re out of jumps and hover…you’re pretty much doomed.

Vs. Silver: Ditto
Oooo, a ditto matchup! How interesting! So how does this work? Silver vs. Silver is a really, really intense game of dodgeball. Both Silvers can create ground walls of their own, both of which can be thrown at one another and both characters can create their own platforms via up tilt. Not only this, but both Silvers can control each others platforms! Wall yourself up and the opponent will simply side tilt your platforms away. Try recovering with the platforms and your opponent will either hurl them away or spin you off the stage via down tilt. Believe me, platforms will be flying EVERYWHERE. Appropriately, Silver’s own bair can destroy him; two of this four specials will end up with him ruining his chances of recovery and with Neutral Special ESP stacked upon that…well…good luck. Just remember, if Silver has one advantage over…well…Silver, it’s that he can gimp himself quiet easily.

There ya go Sundance.​

_________

The idea to make Silver just came to me after playing a whole lot of Sonic 2006. The end result is actually one of my favorite sets I've ever created and, in all honest, I believe this to be my best work since Shanoa way back in MYM4. I hope you all enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed make it! ;D

darth meanie

Smash Journeyman
Silver

So I had the privilege of seeing this set first (despite your best intentions), so I'll keep this brief, seeing as I've already shared with you a lot of what I feel. Sorry, if this commentary is rather negative then.

The Neutral Special, however in character it may be, is rather weak, especially from you. You don't even make a particularly good effort of selling it, which I know you can. The Side Special was well done, a similar concept to the one JOE! and I did with Mewtwo, but simplified and well-executed. The platform mechanic is fairly good, although I feel that you were a bit too conservative with what you could do with them out of fear of being unbalanced, but it very well complimented his gimping nature. I'll give you this, the playstyle and creativity were handled fairly well.

Damage is on the low end, and you have way too many manipulating attacks that do no damage. He's somewhat underpowered, but he's a gimp / control based character, so that's somewhat hard to define.

I'm sorry, this comment seems rather negative, but basically, you can do better MT.

Katapultar

Smash Lord
[size=+3]Silver[/size]
I have to agree with meanie big time, the Neutral Special has no bearing on the set. I know you like Silver, and it's a pain in the a** when the character you like and want appearing in the top 50 CSS does not get on and is less recieved than you'd first believe. Sorry about this, but I just feel the whole psychic concept of platform control and stuff is... same thing over and over. It's kind of dull to read this kind of stuff, but it's not your fault at all. I kind of think psychic characters are more boring to read than magic using characters. Im glad you didn't get carried away however and give him a load of random psychic moves, so congrats for that.

The moves are a wee bit random in effect, and though it's designed for gimping as you said, I think that aerials and throws with random effects are worse than without... unless they are funny.

Sorry about the lame reception, you were probably looking forward big time to posting Silver and I had to ruin it. The set itself must have been fun to come up with, though I did look at a You tube video once and when Silver used his telekinesis, he moved while holding his victim in place. I believe you could have made use of that. For example, you could make that his main move, rack up the foe's damage percentage so they have a harder time getting away. Give Silver floating and move to the end of the stage and deposit the foe there. It'd be tons of fun over Raven's telekinesis which was probably taken from somewhere else. I don't have anything against Silver, just SOME concepts of PSI that are overused.

half_silver28

Smash Ace
Silver
So I first must say that I'm thrilled that you made a set for myself and.....oh. never mind.
Anyhow, I mostly disagree with Kat and Meanie on this set (Meanie might just be a bit inclined towards negative comments though). I think Silver might be your best set yet imo; its better than Tauros and you know that I don't particularly care for Negative Man. Stage manipulation is certainly a common concept in MYM, but no set I know of does it like Silver. You pretty much take the concept as far as it can go without being completely over-the-top and unsmash. The fact that Silver can create his own drop through platforms and many of his moves move or utilize them in some way gives him a playstyle all his own.

Silver is obviously at a disadvantage when in the process of making/moving platforms, but his long range psi moves or his moves that otherwise disable the opponent can give him some extra time. & he doesn't have to worry as much on stages that already have drop-through platforms to work with. Silver can use platforms to protect himself & gimp, or use as projectiles or attack aids. He can do just about anything with the platforms, and his other moves generally work well together. & I pretty much love Silver's unique gimping aerials, with the exception of the somewhat generic neutral air.

Sooo... when I re-read this set while fully awake, I caught a few issues, mostly relating to certain attacks. The only one I recognized during both reads was the fact that the neutral special is basically Silver's version of a Falcon Punch, and kind of boring tbh. But the one move that seems fractured from the rest of the set is, unfortunately, the dash attack, which you named after me <.<. It basically IS a one-direction version of dimensional cape, its tough to hit with, and seems kind of not useful really. Add to it the fact that teleportation dash attacks are common. But its still my namesake attack, so I can't bash it much more.

Another thing, which I'm not sure if I should be complaining about or not, is the fact that many of Silver's moves do absolutely nothing if there are no platforms. & since Silver has specific poses that he takes while using them, it would make sense to me for him to have jointed hitboxes added to those attacks so they aren't ENTIRELY useless without platforms to manipulate.

One final issue... the playstyle section seems a bit awkward to say the least. It starts out with a decent summary of his strategies involving platforms, but then jumps straight to KOing? You don't mention how Silver goes about damage racking, which I assume would revolve around hitting the opponent with disabling moves and following up with a grab or smash attack. And the whole format of talking about ground moves, then KOing, then aerial moves is a bit weird. I would think that it should describe set-up/damage racking/gimping/KOing, although the aerial move section /=/ gimping section.

Despite these issues, I think that Silver's an awesome set that might be your best yet. And I feel obligated to do this...

"Cause every night I will save your life,
And every night I will be with you!
Cause every night I still lay awake,
And I dream of an absolution!" (cd)

And in case you're wondering, this is my first post in MYM. Don't expect me to post often, since I'll be busy with papers all week, & I'll be hard at work on movesets after that. & I've just shown why I don't comment sets often; my comments always end up being the length of a typical review <.<

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Silver

The first "serious" moveset I ever commented in MYM was Silver's MYM3 incarnation made by Spadefox Onishiba. I liked that one back then, but naturally I was excited to hear that he would be given a modernized set from you, MT. And I was not dissapointed.

While "stage editing" movesets seem to be becoming the new trap-character, in Silver's case it was completley fitting and he had a very unique take on it. I was reminded of my MYM5 Lemmy set with the ways he could create platforms and rearrange the pre-made drop-throughs on the stage, only you took the concept and developed it for the entire moveset. He can move platforms, he can draw platforms together, he can throw platforms, he can destroy platforms, he can re-build the platforms (sorta)...epic. His throw-game was also brilliant, focusing on damaging the bystanders instead of the actual throw-victim. And despite all this, you still managed to have some actual, you know, direct attacks with the smashes (which could still help with his literal stage control). Of course, who cares about how much damage you can do when you can just casually toss someone off the stage then block off the stage so they can't return. ;)

While I do agree that the playstyle section could have been better organized, it was still a good read. Silver definitely has the deepest playstyle of any of your sets, so it was nice to see an equally long section to detail his nuances. I especially liked how you described his team-battle and FFA strategies, he definitely feels like a fun character for those modes. Oooo, this is your first time writing matchups isn't it? They were very nice for your first time. Bonus points for the ditto matchup, I was hoping those would catch on after I wrote one for You-know-who in MYM6
(ZOMG I said something positive about that moveset!)

Overall, I find this to easily be your best work. This is a far superior stage-rebuilding set over Zant, considering that Silver actually legitamately makes it a core of his gameplay. Negative Man will always be a good read, but this time you were able to make a set that was fantastic all-around instead of having mostly epic presentation. I know the cult of Suburu will hang me for this, but Silver is my set to beat in MYM7.

n88

Smash Lord
@4nace

I've had a Witch-King set in development since early MYM4, although proress has been non-existant for a long time. I might actually go back to him now, though....

*Finally starts readnig sets*

4nace

Smash Ace
@4nace

I've had a Witch-King set in development since early MYM4, although proress has been non-existant for a long time. I might actually go back to him now, though....

*Finally starts readnig sets*
That would be totally awesome man. I just really need ideas for unique sword style fighting that fits into the world of Lord of the Rings. The thing is, I want to make more unique moves, and i've read alot of MYM recently for inspiration (that Silver platform idea is sweet, and while I could possibly program it, it doesn't match any LOTR characters haha).

But the Witch King is going to be one of the enemies in Arcade mode so I would love for him to have some unique attacks that make him really scary. I've already started spriting him.

But yea, if you have time I would love to see your take on him or any other Lord of the Rings characters as most my moves are inspired by Brawl right now
- Lots of Characters have Links Dair
- Aragorn has a move like Ike's Up-B and a move like marth's B from Melee
- Hobbit has Link's Up B
- Eowyn has Sonic's Dair
- Ent Child pretty much has Snake's Up Air.

Etc etc. I would like to create some new moves, but I've hit a design bloc recently haha =P

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Revolver Ocelot: Urg, Shadow, one of your weaknesses is coming back to haunt you again. That is, your organization. It isn't nearly as sexy as Specter's, but more importantly, the color scheme doesn't seem very fitting to Ocelot at all (as far as I can tell, I haven't played a Metal Gear Solid in my life). The brown works fine but the light blue seems really off. Why not replace it with a nice silver? Oh, and the red is a little jarring. An easy fix would be to bold all the highlighted areas.

That said, once you get past Ocelot's organization, he's a very strong offering. There are a couple of instances of underdetail (Which effects do attacks lose from the Side Special? At what angle are projectiles reflected from the Down Special?), but overall, Ocelot's moves are easy to understand due to your great writing style (much friendlier than some of your earlier sets), and have some truly interesting effects, in terms of originality and playstyle. There are some ideas I loved in there like the mindgames of the smashes and the interesting effects of the throws, and his playstyle came together quite nicely. I found Ocelot to be quite well balanced as well, and without any tacked on charges or "once per stock!" (I'm joining Junahu on that one) I'm not sure yet if Ocelot is better than Specter, but he definitely is no slouch in comparison.

Also, GANNON-BANNED as of the AT. ololololololololol

Silver: I'm going to be perfectly honest here. While Silver isn't a bad set by any means, I found it to be mildly dissapointing and a step down from Tauros and Negative Man. Sorry :(

darth meanie and Katapultar already covered how the Neutral B doesn't really add to the playstyle, so I won't talk about that. I will say though that the Down B felt rather poor... not only is it underdetailed in how fast it is and how much of an area it covers, I doubt it would be all that useful in a match. Many projectiles are aimable so it wouldn't matter that much, and it feels like the Side B would be generally preferable due to reflecting.

I honestly don't feel Silver's playstyle is developed enough either. The playstyle section is honestly rather poor, and his playstyle isn't all that interesting either. The Up Special does twist up the fairly standard gimper playstyle, but it isn't quite as well-done as Zant in my opinion. Still, it exists and flows, so good job there.

Sorry for the negative commentary. Silver does have some good things going for him like the nice organization, and there were some clever attacks. Who knows- I might even vote for Silver! Still, I just feel like you've done better.

Junahu

Smash Ace
Cilfer Teh Hejhohg!:
if U Sai It Exits In Teh Pahst Prezent And Phewter, Ai'll Deestroi It Ahl At Wonce!
I Two Haf A Soft Spoht Four Silfer. Ai Reely Ehnjoied Playng With Tehlekeneesis, Ahnd Hiz Lehvls Were Moar Fuhn Than Sohnic's And Shadoes Putt Twogever.

Yor Inntehpritation Off Silfer Waz Extreeemily Wel Dune. U Stuk With Waht Silfer Cud Due, Keaping Hymn In Karacter, And Still Caim Up With A Fuhn Moovset. Behst Silfer Moovset Ever Iz Moar Than Ahn Underrstaytment.

Butt, Teh Interaksions Wif The Plahtfoams Cud Have Eesily Bean Part Of Tehlekeneesis, Raver Than Tayking Up All Teh Tilts.
Speeking Ov Witch, Ai Felt Dissapoyntid Taht Their Wazn't Moar To The Tehlekeneesis. Fings Sutch As Interahcting With Itehms, Ore Juhmping On A Roaling Crayte And Lifting It (and U) Wif Tehlekeneesis.

I Luv Tehlekeneesis Ihn Jeneral, Butt I Still Havnt Sean One Taht Trooly Caches The Reel Fuhn Of Experimentayting With Sycik Pouers.

iht's Noe Use!
AI HAFF TWO FIEND TEH IIBLISS TRIGGR!!!

The Necromancer

Smash Rookie
My first comment ever ! :bee:

Silver

First, your moveset is awesome and I do agree that Silver is cool.

Now, for my comment itself, I liked the stage changing thing, even if there are not many damaging moves. Silver seems perfect to completely change the stages to which our opponents are used to, confusing them. Personally, I don't see any problems with the Neutral B, it just doesn't affect the stage like most moves. Even though you said Super Silver wouldn't be like Super Sonic, I feared it would be when I saw the Final Smash's name. However, I was surprisingly pleased with this Final Smash, as it's a transformation FS that doesn't just makes each move twice stronger and makes you 10 times bigger. My only complaint would be that Silver doesn't have a lot of moves that actually damage, and even fewer moves that KO. But these few moves are well made. I also found your moveset well presented and well organised, which made it easier for me to read.

From all the movesets I've read so far, ( that's not a lot :grin: ) this one is the best. :bee:

Good job!

Also, does anybody have a link to a good Dr. Wily ( Mega Man ) picture?

darth meanie

Smash Journeyman
JOE!, the remix claim list is an eyesore. Please put a link to it in your sig, and update it from there, instead of reposting it and forcing us to scroll down past it.

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
@DM: We discussed your opinions in the chat and I find them valid complaints. I respect you for stating your honest opinion with me. Thank you for the feedback...and for being my unofficial previewer ; )

@Katapultar: From your comment it appears that you have more against psychic characters than Silver as a set himself. As for the throws/aerials having random effects, only the bair actually has a randomized effect. As for the playstyle, I like it the way it is really...making another "build up as much damage as possible so you can hold the foe long enough to use a kill move" is starting to get old for me (Tauros, Negative Man). And as for moving with a foe, in the game he can't move once he's grabbed Sonic/Shadow; the only enemies he can move around with are the disabled robots he defeats with his Psycho Shock). And don't worry, you didn't ruin Silver's reception, thanks for the comments ; )

@Silver: Points taken, especially about the playstyle. I admittedly do jump straight into KO'ing so I probably could've eased into it a bit more and will make sure to note that for my next set! Glad you liked it though, thanks for the praise! ; )

@H_R: Your comment made me very happy H_R! To hear you say that you think it's one of the best so far means a whole lot coming from you! I'm glad you enjoyed it so much and really glad for your praise! Thank you again! =)

@Wiz: Down B is a valid point but I'd argue that does have a rather good playstyle. He's got his gimping game and his stage manipulation game, I hardly think that's particularly dull but of course, you're entitled to your opinion especially since I haven't been overwhemingly positive about your sets as well (which I acknowledge I'm in the minority about, my sincere apologies for that).

@Junahu: I'd be lying if I said your comment didn't make me laugh out loud, thank you for that much needed mood lifter. I'm glad you enjoyed it (and enjoyed it enough to actually go through with your Silver-style comment) and I'm certainly glad that I have your approval! I was certainly considering more item interaction, just didn't know where exactly I'd put it aside from the extras. Thanks again for reading and commenting! ^_^

@Necromancer: Thanks for the comment (especially since it's your first!)! I'm really glad you enjoyed it and to hear that it's one of the best out of those you read means a lot (even if you haven't read many xD)! As for attacks that don't deal damage...I kind of wanted to lean heavily on those, especially since Silver has only a few attacks in canon that do damage. Thank you for the comments!

Master Miyamoto

Smash Rookie
I am subscribing to this wonderous thread to see what great ideas you all come up with this time! *laughs*

I look forward to plenty more Mario sets! I know you all love my series! I also approve of Dead Hand and Wallmaster! They're so spooky! Almost too much for my game! *laughs*

I hope you're all enjoying New Super Mario Bros. Wii as well!

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord

"Why did the Keyblade choose me? I have to know."

Roxas is Sora's Nobody and a former member of Organization XIII, born when Sora took his own heart. Although Sora's heart was soon restored, Roxas continued to endure and exist, oblivious of Sora's existence for most of his life. Prior to the events of Kingdom Hearts II Roxas was Rank XIII within the Organization, and bore the title Key of Destiny (めぐりあう鍵, Meguriau Kagi?, lit. Serendipitous Key) because of his ability to wield the Keyblade. He wields light, and uses it to direct rays that strike opponents with great power. He commands the Samurai Nobodies.

Roxas was also the mysterious hooded figure in "Another side, Another story..." as well as in Deep Dive. During the prologue of Kingdom Hearts II, the player controls Roxas until Sora is awakened. In Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days, Roxas is the main character. This game focuses on the time period between Roxas's birth and his departure from the Organization, eventually leading to his capture at the hands of Riku and DiZ.

Roxas, unlike other Nobodies, seems to possess real emotions, stemming from the fact that he, like Naminé, is a special Nobody. Many ranges of feelings come from him depending on his situation. Being Sora's other half, his personality is similar to that of his counterpart, with some differences. For example, he is far more prone to anger than Sora; temperamental, aggressive, and stands his ground, characteristics that had mixed in his fighting style. He can be arrogant, confident, and determined as proven in his battles, more so when he engages Riku into a fight, proclaiming that he could not beat him no matter how many times he attempted to. His words have bite, and he isn't afraid to speak his mind.

Roxas brings to the table his Keyblade, and his dual Keyblades in his final smash. He's a force to reckon with.

< Stats >

Size - 7/10
Roxas is decently tall, almost nearing the height of Marth.

Weight - 3/10
Unfortunately for Roxas, he's rather light, but he's not Jigglypuff light or anything. He can survive heavy attacks up to 80% damage.

Power - 6/10
Roxas has okay power. He can damage rack decently, but he does lack a few a KO moves.

Ground Speed - 7/10
Roxas is above average in running speed, somewhere around Link's speed.

Attack Speed - 6.5/10
Roxas is a fast fighter, made even greater with his Up special, but some KO moves have laggy prices.

Traction - 7/10
Roxas has decent traction overall.

Jumps - 7/10
Decent points here, with Roxas's jumps about as good almost as good as Falco's.

Falling Speed - 2.5/10
Roxas is a rather floaty faller, making him land to the ground very slowly.

Range - 5.5/10
Roxas has magic for long range attacks, but with only his Keyblade at certain times, Roxas is stuck to close combat.

Priority - 5/10
Strangely enough, Roxas has meh worthy priority.

Recovery - Varies/10
Depending on the situation, Roxas can have any amazing recovery, or an okay one,

Crouch - 5/10
Okay here.

< Special Trait: Accessing The Menu >

Roxas is an interesting character to play as. However, since he's considered a Nobody, a person without a heart, he's rather...fragile with his low weight. However, there are ways to fix this problem, thanks to the In-battle menu from Kingdom Hearts. It'll look something like this:

To access the screen properly, you have to use the C-Stick (Gamecube controller), the right control stick (for the Classic controller) or the D-pad (Wiimote + Nunchuck, though it removes taunts) to navigate the menu while fighting, and you can press the A button to make your choice. As you can see, there are 3 options you can select from: Attack, Magic or Items.

Now selecting "Attack" will allow Roxas to attack with his regular moveset. You know, his smash attacks, specials, tilts, aerials, grabs, etc. Be careful though, as if you were planning to attack with, let's say his neutral A combo for example, while you have your menu choice on Magic, he'll perform the Magic menu choices instead of his regular moveset, so mistakes can happen.

Selecting "Magic" will have Roxas access his long range magic moves. It will access another menu with the options, "Fire," "Thunder," and "Blizzard." You can press the B button to return to his regular Menu, or press A to choose his magic he wants to use. It will have a small bit of starting lag, but barely any ending lag. Picking "Fire" will cause Roxas to point his Keyblade forward to launch a fast fireball forward about 3 stage builder blocks, which will do 13-14% damage, with nice knockback. Picking "Thunder" will have Roxas summon lightning all around him within a 1.5 stage builder block, with anyone touching the electricity suffering 10-11% damage, and little knockback. Picking "Blizzard" will have Roxas muster up a blizzard tornado all around him, with anyone being caught in it will be frozen and suffer 10% damage.

Note that Roxas can only use 3 magic uses a stock. However, with his "Items" selected, he can restore his magic. It will access another menu with the 2 options, "Potion," and "Ether." Selecting "Potion" will allow Roxas to recover about 17% damage, though it requires a short second to use. Selecting "Ether" will allow Roxas to restore 1 magic use from his magic. He has 3 of each per stock.

Roxas can have shortcut accessing his menu by first holding down L. Roxas then chooses, let's say his "Fire" magic with the B button. Nothing will change with the specials. However, if Roxas holds down the L button, and then chooses to press B, he'll use his "Fire" magic. Roxas can set up this for any of his Magic or Item selections with the A, B, Y, and X button.

< Special attacks >

Neutral Special - Limit Break

Roxas can only use this move effectively if his health is 55% and up. Any attempt at a lower percentage will have Roxas attempting to perform a very basic vertical slash which deals 6% damage and only a flinch. If Roxas is at that high percentage, he'll at first have a blue shine on him. Right after, his Keyblade turns light blue and he starts slashing like crazy, like in Link's final smash. He slashes for about 3 seconds, and if one person takes the full force of it, it can deal off about up to 24% damage with nice knockback at the end, although it can also deal off as little as 2%. Roxas has super armor during the barrage, but suffers a considerable amount of ending lag. Roxas cannot use this move again unless he suffers an extra 25% damage, and he can only use it 3 times.

[ 2-24% ]

Side Special - Duel Bout
Roxas rushes in forward and disappears in the blink of an eye. The opponent must be in Roxas' 3 stage builder block range for this to work. Suddenly, after a whole second, Roxas appears right in front of the opponent, and gets ready to perform a fierce horizontal strike, but the action suddenly goes slow motion to make it more dramatic. This move is unblockable, though it is dodgable.

Now the opponent has a short second to press either the A or B button, depending on the one that flashes over Roxas' head. If the opponent fails to do so, Roxas will successfully execute his strike, dealing off a nice 17% damage with good knockback. However, if the opponent manages to press the button in time, the opponent will be saved from suffering damage, and knock Roxas' Keyblade away behind him 3 stage builder blocks, preventing him from doing any attacks. After 5 seconds, the Keyblade will automatically return to his hand, though pressing the A button near it will cause Roxas to automatically pick it up.
[ 17% ]

Up Special - Reversal
If this move is used on the ground, Roxas simply moves forward 1 stage builder block in an illusion like motion. This can be used for lag canceling during combo attacks (particularly his Neutral A one). The bad side is that any attacks that Roxas will follow up will deal zero flinching or knockback unless Roxas decides to end the combo.

Used in the air as a recovery, Roxas moves upward in a curved direction 1.5 stage builder blocks, with the motion similar to Lucario's up special, but it's more fixed and less controllable. There is hardly any beginning lag or ending lag. If Roxas is going to be hit (by any attack), use this move right before it hits and Roxas will use this recovery again, dodging the attack, and still moving upwards. Roxas can use it up to 3 times before falling helpless.

If Roxas was sent flying above 50% damage, pressing the Up Special right after will allow Roxas to use his ability known as, "Aerial Recovery." This basically allows Roxas to stop flying on the spot he used his up special. This may save Roxas, though it gets more difficult to use as Roxas gets sent further away at higher percentages.
[ 0% ]

Down Special - Keyblade Change
Roxas' Keyblade will start taking shape and form when the button is pressed. It takes only half a second for Roxas to change it, but if he's interrupted, he won't be able to change his Keyblade for 10 seconds. He then has 2 options of what he wants change it to, though it goes in the order: Oath Keeper ---> Oblivion ---> Regular Keyblade

If he presses left, his Keyblade changes to the "Oath Keeper." This particular Keyblade has better range by half a stage builder block, and his magic attacks get a boost of 4% extra damage. However, this Keyblade lacks physical power, meaning it does 3% less then usual regular damage, and minus 1 knockback level, so this isn't the best idea for KOs. Pressing right will allow Roxas to change his Keyblade to the "Oblivion." This allows Roxas' Keyblade to deal off more damage with 4% extra power, and an extra knockback level. However, this Keyblade shortens Roxas' range for his Keyblade and his magic by half a stage builder block, forcing close combat. Also, magic attacks will do 3% less damage as well.

Also, the opponent can knock the special Keyblade out of Roxas' hand (they cannot knock his original one) by out proritying Roxas' attacks 2 times, which isn't too hard considering Roxas' moves don't have a lot of priority in them. However, by using his down aerial or forward throw, he can throw away his special Keyblade, and revert back to his regular one. Roxas must wait 10 seconds in between using Keyblades.
[ 0% ]

< Standard A attacks >

Neutral A attack - Keyblade Attack

Roxas starts it off with a horizontal swipe with his Keyblade, which he then follows up with a vertical slash, another horizontal attack and ends with another vertical swipe. Each Keyblade attack deals about 2-3% damage each with little knockback on the end of the combo. They each only reach what's right in front of Roxas, though the ending slash has slightly better reach than the others. There is pretty much no lag inbetween the combo, though it ends with average ending lag. This move has low priority, though overall, it's an okay damage racker.
[2-3% x 4]

Side tilt - Rushing Stab
Roxas rushes in forward about 1 stage builder block, with a super armored stab. The stab has great priority. The hit will deal about 6-7% damage, with flinching knockback. There is startup lag comparable to Ike's side tilt, but in the end, there is absolutely no ending lag. This move is a decent move for rushing into opponents who are spaced away from Roxas, but that's about it. Try following it with a neutral A combo for great effects or any other move for that matter.
[ 6-7% ]

Up tilt - Upwards Strike
Roxas lets out a curved vertical slash upwards, sending opponents above him, with 5-6% damage. Pressing the A button right after will have Roxas follow it up with a small leap to the air, and he can then follow up his assault with any of his aerial attacks, on the same level as the opponent. There is a bit of startup lag, but hardly any ending lag. This attack needs Roxas to face the opponent, though it has decent priority. This can be used to get a free aerial on the opponent, or you can follow the combo up on the ground with something like his Up smash. Your choice.
[ 5-6% ]

Down tilt - Digging Key
Roxas digs his Keyblade into the ground, and lets out on heavy scoop upwards, with any opponent directly above his Keyblade will be sent flying upwards 3 stage builder blocks, with 11% damage. The range is only what's directly in front of Roxas obviously, and if the opponent isn't on the ground, this move doesn't work. This is a bit of beginning lag, comparable to Link's side special, but there's hardly any ending lag. This move nevers KOs though it can help set up one by following it up with a down smash or something.
[ 11% ]

Dash Attack - Toss And Slash
Roxas throws his Keyblade forward, and it travels about 1.5 stage builder blocks forward. Anyone caught in it's way will suffer a tiny 2% damage, with very little knockback. Suddenly, Roxas rushes forward, catches his Keyblade, and lets out a horizontal slash with his Keyblade. This deals about 9-10% damage with okay knockback. This has lag comparable to Ike's dash attack. This move has low priority throughout the whole attack. This is mainly used to help get in closer to the opponent.
[ 2% + 9% ]
< Smash Attacks >

Forward Smash - Limit Slash
Roxas starts crouching down for his charging pose. Roxas then lets a leap forward, letting out a spinning horizontal swing with his Keyblade, with light beams flying out in both the right and left direction. The light beams that shoot out are as big as in the picture below, and touching an opponent will deal off 10% damage, but no knockback. A hit from the Keyblade itself will cause 16-17% damage with nice knockback uncharged, while it deals off 19-20% damage with good knockback fully charged. The hitbox is rather large, so it shouldn't be too hard to hit with it, though laggy startup and ending lag comparable to Ganondorf's forward smash put it down.

[ 14-18% ]

Up Smash - Overtaker
Roxas knocks his opponent into the air by letting a heavy upwards vertical swing (which does no damage). Roxas then follows his opponent upwards by jumping up to them, letting out 3 slashes with his Keyblade, pushing the opponent further in the air, with the last slash smacking the opponent back to the ground, directly below him. Each slash does about 5-6% damage each, no matter how charged this smash is. The slashes, while quick, are avoidable in mid-air with an air dodge, so the opponent doesn't have to suffer the full force of the smash. There is only a bit of beginning lag, while there's above average ending lag if the last slash misses.

Roxas must have hit the opponent with the last slash for the next part of the move. Roxas will then dive bomb onto the opponent's body, and light surrounds him and his opponent like in the picture below. This will cause 7-8% damage with okay knockback uncharged, while 10-11% damage with great knockback fully charged. Roxas then suffers above average ending lag. If Roxas used his up tilt, and followed it off with this move, the vertical swing at the beginning is ignored, making for lagless beginning lag, though Roxas can't charge his up smash.

[ 4-5% x 3 + 4-9% ]

Down Smash - Explosion
Roxas brings his Keyblade slowly to the air, and his Keyblade starts glowing a bit. Immediately, Roxas swings his Keyblade downwards, which will cause energy balls to appear around him, spinning. This is a multi hitter, with 6 hits in all dealing off 3% damage a hit with okay knockback at the end, while fully charged, it deals 5% damage a hit with good knockback at the end. The range is all around Roxas, expanding 1 stage builder block all around him. Speed is barely any beginning lag, but rather harsh ending lag. This is this strongest move that Roxas has, damage wise, though it's easily avoidable by jumping.

Note: This move is technically exclusive to Sora, but since Roxas is his Nobody, i guess he can learn it.
[ 18-30% ]

< Aerial attacks >

Neutral Aerial - Aerial Assault
Roxas uses his Keyblade to deal off to vertical, both in upwards and downwards, and sends the opponent flying forward with a heavy horizontal strike. Each attack deals off 4% damage, with nice knockback at the end of the combo. There is hardly any beginning lag, but ends with above average ending lag. The range only attack what's directly in front of Roxas. Once caught in the first or second hit, it's almost impossible to not be hit by the rest of the combo, so it's a good move.
[ 12% ]

Forward Aerial - Rolling slash
Roxas starts spinning like a wheel forward, sticking his Keyblade out. He really fast, spinning enough for 6 hits, each dealing off 2% damage, with little knockback at the end. This move has barely any lag at both ends. The range is only okay, though it extends moves around a 360 degree angle. Pressing the A button again right after will have Roxas perform a horizontal slash that can spike opponents with nice knockback plus 4% damage, but there is a bit of startup and gives Roxas heavy ending lag. This is a decent damage racker, and at the right moment, a decent spiker, though it can be punishing if used wrong.
[ 12% + 4% ]

Backwards Aerial - Backlash
Roxas quickly performs a back slash behind him, and quickly turns around to perform another vertical downwards swing. Each attack does about 5-6% damage each, with nice knockback on the ending swing. This doesn't reach that far behind Roxas, though it's slight better than his other aerials. This move has okay priority, and has barely any beginning lag, but the ending lag of Ike's back aerial. This is decent for attacking opponents trying to sneak behind Roxas, but not much else.
[ 10-12% ]

Down Aerial - Keyblade Toss
Roxas takes a small leap upwards, and throws his Keyblade downwards. It goes straight down, cannot be stopped, and hitting an opponent will cause a nice 13% damage and okay knockback. However, this has a bit of startup lag, and has average ending lag. Not only that, Roxas won't be able to attack again, since his Keyblade isn't in his hand. However, Roxas regains his original Keyblade as soon as he hits the ground or he gets hit right after this attack.

[ 13% ]
Upwards Aerial - Whisper In The Wind
Roxas performs a curved strike upwards, and hitting someone with it will cause only 5% damage, with only a flinch, which hits only what's directly above Roxas. If it fails to hits an opponent, suddenly Roxas performs a fast 360 degree spin, with his Keyblade stick out, and it deals about 11% damage with nice knockback upon contact. This surprisingly has nice range, extending about 1.5 stage builder blocks all around Roxas, thanks to the white light. This entire move barely has any beginning lag, though it has above average ending lag. This is both Roxas' best and worst aerial, depending on how you use it.
[ 5% or 11% ]
< Throws/Grab >

Pummel - Keyblade Bash
Roxas simply smacks his opponent with his Keyblade in this part of move. Nothing really special here. Average speed, with 2% damage a hit.
Forward Throw - Flame of misfortune
Roxas throws his opponent forward, and follows it up by throwing his Keyblade forward. This is a multi hitter, with 6 hits in all dealing 2% damage each. You are usually at least guaranteed to hit at least once, but it is dodgable. The Keyblade travels about 3 stage builder blocks forward, before returning to Roxas' hand.
[ 2% a hit ]

Backwards Throw - Flash Slash
Roxas throws his opponent behind him, and quickly disappears into thin air. Roxas then reappears near his opponent, and performs a blinding horizonal slash, dealing off 11% damage with okay knockback. This can be air dodged.
[ 11% ]

Down Throw - Warp Bash
Roxas throws his opponent forward, and suddenly starts rushing forward. Suddenly, he disappears and appears from below the opponent, doing a rising uppercut slash, dealing off 12% damage, with nice knockback. This can be spot dodged.
[ 12% ]

Up Throw - Smackdown
Roxas throws his opponent to the air, and suddenly disappears upwards, slashing downwards, smacking the opponent downwards. It grounds the opponent easily, and deals off 10% damage to boot. A nice move for setup.
[ 10% ]

< Final Smash >

Dual Blade
Roxas has grabbed the Smash ball! Suddenly, he gets into his robe, hooded, and brings out his 2 Keyblades, known as the Oath Keeper, and the Oblivion. In KH 2, he uses it in his battle with Axel, and Sora, while in 358/2 days, he uses it at the end of the game.

(sorry, i couldn't find a better pic (sry))

In Smash Bros, it grants him double the amount of hits in all of his attacks, thanks to the dual weilding, also meaning double the power. His specials are changed a bit, but otherwise, the moveset pretty much stays the same, just with Roxas swinging 2 times instead of 1 (for example, his neutral A combo, which was a 3 hits with his keyblade attack, is now a 6 Keyblade barrage). Also, he can use the magic in his mechanic as much as he wants till the final smash ends. Unlike most transformations, Roxas is not invincible, still taking damage, and knockback. However, if Roxas is KO'd anytime during his final smash, he'll still be in his final smash form, with 5 extra seconds too. The final smash lasts for about 15-20 seconds, so use it wisely. Anyway, a couple of his special moves are changed (Up special remains the same):

Neutral Special - Limit Break

While it's still called a limit break, Roxas instead shines his Keyblades to the skies, which causes 6 light beams to shoot down to the ground, similar to Ness' final smash, but the light beams are kind of like Pikachu's Thunder. Anyway, one hit from them causes 15% damage with great knockback. The light beams have hitboxes as big as the light blasts in Ness' final smash. It has bit of beginning lag, but hardly any ending lag overall.
[ 2-24% ]

Side Special - Duel Bout
This is pretty much the same as Roxas' old side special, but instead, he lets out a sweeping dash forward at the end of it all. Plus, it deals 22% damage instead of 17%. If the opponent manages to counter this move, both keyblades are knocked out of his hands and it automatically ends the final smash. Watch out for that.
[ 22% ]

Down Special - Key Spin
Roxas throws his Keyblades around him, where they spin, spin and spin, acting like a protective shield that can deflect any attack. If Roxas can hit an opponent with this move, it deals off 10% damage with nice knockback. This has the best priority possible in the game, beating out even Metaknight's neutral special. This has great amount of beginning lag, but hardly any ending lag. This move lasts for 3 seconds. If Roxas is at a too high percentage, use this move to cover his back.
[ 10% ]

< Playstyle>

Roxas is certainly an interesting character to play as. What makes him different from mostly all characters is his on screen menu mechanic in all of his battles. Use it at the right time and place, it can grant you victory. You have to try and keep one eye on Roxas so he doesn't get into any trouble, and one eye on his menu, so he doesn't make any mistakes. Most of the time though, you'll be setting his option onto "Attack." That's his main way to attack, and his main way to KO opponents.

However, there are opponents like Link, Samus, and other projectile users that will camp, and just fire at Roxas like there's no tomorrow. This is where on his menu that you got to use the "Magic" option. That's his only way to counter other projectile users, and it's his only way to attack opponents at further distances as well. It will, at the very least, help Roxas get closer to his opponent. Just remember to go to his "Items" option from time to time to refuel your magic. He'll need as many Magic uses he can get, and using "Ether" is his best option. Of course, his other option, "Potion" is decent at fixing Roxas up, espicially since Roxas is very light, and can't take a lot of hits. However, you should heal up at a far distance, as it does take a few seconds. Use the menu to your advantage as much as possible.

Now for the rest of Roxas' set. Roxas' neutral special is near useless until later game where Roxas will want to use it as much as possible. His side special is a decent way to surprise opponents, but if the opponent is sharp, Roxas can be left defenseless. His up special is best used on the ground rather than in the air as it allows Roxas to continuosly move forward without taking too many hits, where as smart opponent can simply not attack Roxas to seriously threaten Roxas' recovery. His down special is best used depending on the situation Roxas is in.

Roxas' weaknesses include that he's terrible at taking hits. Roxas wants to avoid getting hit by moves like Ike's/Bowser's/Ganondorf/Snake's forward smash as much as possible, because it could be good game for Roxas. Also, Roxas is floaty, and rather vurnerable in the air, though his down aerial can take care of opponents for below. Fortunately, Roxas has his up special which he can use to avoid almost any attack, then counter attack with his own moves. Another complaint of Roxas is that most of his attacks don't have amazing priority. You'll always want to keep on hitting the opponents with attacks, so they can't fight back. Roxas better watch out for some of the stronger priority moves, like various smash attacks.

Now the main focus for Roxas is that he needs to rack up as much damage as he can to the opponent. His neutral A combo is his main way to rack up damage. Of course, spamming his attack all day isn't going to help much, so use his other attacks as well. His up tilt is great for not only attack above opponents, but lets Roxas set up for his Up smash for some major damage. They'll never see it coming if performed correctly. His down smash is also a great damage racking option, as it surrounds all around Roxas. If Roxas' health is down, use his neutral special for good damage. However, it's punishable, and could be Roxas' doom if pulled out wrong. When you think it's time to end it all, use his forward smash to destroy opponent with great knockback. Just make sure it hits. Overall, Roxas is dependent on his mechanic if he wants to survive projectilers and taking hits.​

< Extras >
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9DDGibV9yU

Up Taunt - Keyblade Showoff
Roxas makes a motion similar to Link's Up taunt, except he doesn't sheath his Keyblade, where he instead turns to the background.

Side Taunt - Shiny Sphere
Roxas takes out an orange small crystal sphere, and shines it into the sunlight. It looks beautiful.

Down Taunt - "Why did the Keyblade choose me?"
Roxas looks at his Keyblade, questioning why he was chosen by the Keyblade.

Victory Pose 1 - Sea Salt Ice Cream
Roxas is seen sitting, and eating Sea Salt Ice Cream. Emm...salty...yet sweet!

Victory Pose 2 - "It's beautiful.."
Roxas performs his side taunt, but adds a, "It's beautiful..." to it.

Victory Pose 3 - Lucas with a Keyblade
Sundance comes out of nowhere, and points at Roxas, saying: "Look guys! It's Lucas with a Keyblade! Prove me wrong!" Roxas then facepalms, and just knocks Sundance out of the way.

Lose pose - Good Sport
Roxas just shrugs and claps to the opponent. He's a good sport.

Alternate costumes

His alternate colors, made by yours truly. agidius has been fired.

Roxas' appearence in KH 2.

THERE YA GO SUNDANCE!
Play As Dual Bladed Roxas At The Start Of A Match
For all you Brawl+ players out there, here's the code to play as Dual Bladed Roxas from the start of a match:
Code:
80000000 8061CCE0 
80000001 00000000 
60000006 00000000 
60005003 0DS00001 
4A001000 00S000000 
4A101001 00U00000 
36450000 00N00032 
58010000 00D00004 
DE000000 80A08180 
58010000 00N00060 
DE000000 80C08180 
92210002 00E0007C 
58010000 0000007C 
58010S00 0000002C 
92210003 00000004 
4A001002 00000000 
34000038 00000015 
36000038 00000019 
4A001003 00000000 
10000084 00000080 
E2000002 00000000 
80100001 00000008 
62000000 00000001 
E2000003 00000000 
80000001 00000000 
80100000 00000244 
62000000 00000000 
E0000000 80008000

JOE!

Smash Hero
hey, I finally found a bad MU for the Velociraptors:

Ok, read Roxas, and I cant really say anything other than parrot what others have said (such as he has controller issues, and his Dair would be like the worst move in the game seeing as if he is pushed or grabbed, he is screwed)

also, I owe you a kirby hat for your next set (wary)

Frf

Smash Apprentice
Well aw dang I'm a bit behind on my commentary.

Anyway lets start off with revolver ocelot. My commentary was deleted because smashboards was being gay but that's another story.

I really love how consistent you were with the reloading mechanic, and it paid off as it really shows how campy ocelot wants to be at the start of the match. I was disappointed when the up B didn't help with his recovery AT ALL, but you redeemed yourself once I read the up air. In fact, the cypher was brilliant, and hardly mentioned in the playstyle. Which is a shame, because it gives ocelot a more clear playstyle as a campy sort of character that'll only pursuit the foe once they're at a high enough precentage.

There were some filler moves in there for sure, but they serve their purpose either way. Also, the standard A. An AWESOME move, but again hardly mentioned in the playstyle. Although it is somewhat similar to the neutral special, so I'll let you pass on that one. The organization is nothing special, but it works.

The only complaint I have is how powerful the smashes seem. Having one over 30% for a character you don't deem a power house is kind of crazy, don't you think? And the up throw, where Ocelot launches them up two stage builder blocks and then sets off a mine with high upwards knockback. It makes him stray away from the playstyle you established. Also charging seems to serve no purpose for two of them, which is the main reason smashes are chargeable in the first place.....

But once the set comes together at the end it's a really good set, and as I've said before the reloading mechanic is amazing. I wish the playstyle could've talked about the up air and the invisibility more, yet when I say that it's a compliment, actually. It shows it takes more than a couple of paragraphs (brilliantly written, by the way), to define how Revolver Ocelot would play in smash.

Oh, and the extras are awesome.
-------------------------
SHILVAH
-Sonic character? Noooooo
-the world has been destroyed due to Iblis; a creature who destroyed the world
-Stats get the job done

-That neutral B would be SO ANNOYING.
-Telekinesis is a crazy move, hopefully it's going to open up some crazy playstyle
-The up special has been tried before but you really streamlined it and pulled it off here.
-WELL GOLLY GEE SMASH SURE IS WACKY GRAMPA
-You could've gone into a bit more detail on the down special, but the concept is neat.

-The side tilt needs a bit more detail but still is quite awesome
-Not much to say about the standards since they're all equally good, and none of the outshine the others. I hope this trend continues.

-The up smash is brilliant, and as I would imagine VERY fun to use.
-The neutral air is neat, but the range should be buffed up slightly.
-A PSYCHIC EXPLOSION IN SILVER'S LEGS?!?!?

-I SO FREAKING CALLED SILVER'S GRAB USING PSYCHIC ENERGY.
-SO. FREAKING. CALLED IT!
-The forward throw IS kinda simple, actually....XP
-Kirby in the up throw made me lol.
-The grabs are disappointingly dull, and in a match I wouldn't use them over the side B, unless if the playstyle gives me good reason to.

-oh god super silver, the fs is cool though.
-Playstyle is written well (didn't expect any different)
-BEAT SILVER WITH PREZZORZ

The main thing I like with this set is its consistency. There aren't too many low points, but there's nothing that makes me go "OMGNFNHJDBCJFBVEIUBRVIUE", you know what I mean? To make this short wrap up even shorter, I liked what you've done with Silver, but I feel like you were holding back a bit. Still a refreshing set, though!
-----------------------------
Roxy
-Glad to see more representation of female characters in smash.
-The summary of Roxy's story is a bit too long and is more of extra space than something that'll actually contribute to the moveset.
-The menu system is tough for me to wrap my head around. @_@ It doesn't look like it should be in a smash bros. game, to be honest.

-Limit break seems like it could be better pulled off with the strength of it increasing as your damage increases, but that could make it tough to counter at the higher percents, I suppose.
-Blarg, the side special is rather gimmicky.
-The specials overall are rather loose and don't flow quite well, plus it takes some extra time to really imagine what they're supposed to be doing.

-You mentioned Roxy's moves not having a lot of priority, but her forward tilt has incredible priority....
-The forward smash needs to go into more detail, as the gif doesn't exactly make it all clear to me.
-A couple of TYPOOOOOOOOOOOO*piledrives lamp*'s in the smashes.
-The down aerial is neat.
-Playstyle is rather spotty.

Yeah, I was a bit critical here, wasn't I? You have some neat concepts here, and with a bit of patching up it could go together quite well. The problem? It'd be best if the set got rid of the menu system or gave it a complete overhaul. As of now it just seems awkward to imagine.

Don't put too much into one set; Even the greatest ideas won't be praised if they don't flow well.

Apemasta'

Smash Cadet
Apemasta's play-by-play! Part deux!

Super Macho Man
- Mmm, sex appeal.
- That man-thong of his has back pockets..?
- 2 full seconds for Super Spin Punch.. Hit n' miss in every sense of the word.
- Photo-op is surprisingly not out of place for a Punch-Out set.
- Powerful Jump's a bit lackluster. :(

- Noticing a trend with the shield-******.
- A self-shield draining move? New to me.
- Smashes are pretty dang straightforward - the conservative movesetter in me likes it.

- SEX COMBO
- Personally love both versions of the Slow-mo Pound.
- Comboing into a downed attack? HR, you clever.
- There's the recovery flair.
- You keep breaking Brawl o.o

- Good throws all around. Macho Pummel sounds like fun times.
- Super Macho Man sounds overall good fun to play as. That alone is always an A+ for me. :)

Revolver Ocelot
- Obligatory Revolver/reload.
- Isn't Deflect the actual function of Guns of the Patriots...? Or do I need to replay Sons of Liberty? D:

- Love Trick Shot. Keeps ya' on your toes, and very well implemented.
- Awfully nice coat there... But good move.
- Kudos on Twirl n' Juggle - makes Ocelot so lovable. :D Love the strategy it applies to reloading.

- Attributing Liquid to all of Ocelot's Smashes sounds like something I'd do... Yay, continuity.
- CQC deals out quite a bit of damage for the rest of its properties...
- The uniform damage of the Smashes bugs me. I get the sadistic choice deal, but it seems like a high-risk... low reward kinda thing (moveset-wise).

- Why pummel with Restrain when you can just shoot the guy?
- Quite a powerful Time Bomb..

Silver and Roxas tomorrow...

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
Roxas

So we have the first TWILT set of MYM7...lemme be the first to say that it looks -GREAT-. The organization is a clear cut above your other sets and with all the gifs it certainly is a treat on the eyes. Moving along, you've captured the character quite well really, especially the combat system of Kingdom Hearts as a whole. That's where my first qualm comes in though...the only way to use the Menu system is via the C-stick...while most people -DO- use the Gamecube controller, it's always nice to give your players some alternatives. Maybe like...with the Classic Controller it's the other stick. With the Wiimote and Nunchuck it could be the D-Pad (although that removes taunts...) and with the Wiimote well...I hope they don't plan on maining Roxas with a Wiimote :p

That aside, the moves look good really. You've taken quite a few suiting ones directly from the game which is good. The usage of Magic and Items really captures the series properly...I just fear that Roxas may be very low tier. First of all, he's shockingly light; a two in weight is like...nearing Game and Watch/Jiggly weight level. Second of all, many of his attacks screw him over, big time. The Down Special being so easy to cancel makes it near useless, the fact that his Neutral B can't be used period until 70% (which seems like it'd be quite hard to get to with how light he is, even with his aerial stopping), his dair absolutely RUINS him (making him unable to attack until he lands...if his opponent lets him land that is) and his Up Smash actually doing 8-9% with big end lag and the chance to stun him for a whole two seconds if he misses means he's absolutely RUINED if he does miss.

Overall though, I'd definately say this is one of your better looking sets by far; it really does look great. You've got some some really great ideas here and it shows, you really put a great effort into this one here TWILT, leagues better than your MYM6 opener and Trainer Sundance. . .my only problem is that some of these ideas need to be tweaked a little bit and he could really use a buff. Aside from that, great set TWILT! (hug)

Oh, and I said all that about -ROXAS-. I don't even -LIKE- Roxas' character (WARY)

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
ROXAS

SILVER
I agree with the others on the Neutral Special. It’s the oldest trick in the book for creativity. Granted I do think it goes with his style some, I just think it’s a bit awkward having it occupy a special slot. After Junahu brought it up though, I rather do agree that you soaked up too many button inputs. The Side Special’s throw could’ve just been made a regular throw, the regular grab could affect platforms/projectiles and such. The tilts could’ve been contained in a mini moveset to manipulate platforms when you have them grabbed, and that probably would’ve shut up all those naysayers who say he doesn’t have enough actual attacks. I also question the in-characterness of Silver laughing so much. If I didn’t know anything of the character I’d assume he’s a villain from reading this set. Lolnitpick.

Regardless of this not being particularly condensed, it’s far from a deal breaker, unlike with Thief when it was just blatant that Agi milking the mechanic for as many button inputs as it was worth. The platform manipulation playstyle is excellent and gives you far more control and ways to play with them then any other set. As far as stage alteration goes, platforms are (surprisingly) not that explored, just having been casually messed up with for random creativity. Silver turns platforms into toys in a similar manner as Raven does with walls, and you know how I feel about that superb set, yes?

Silver very much flows and feels plenty balanced to me. Damage? He gimps to KO. Damage is a trivial concern. Your playstyle section was rather well written IMO and you had nice beefy match-ups, though I feel some of the information felt fillerish/irrelevant. This is also present in the playstyle/move descriptions in general as you get excited over nothing and gives a very slight overdetailing of the set, though your friendly writing style and musical headers make it a rather trivial concern.

REVOLVER OCELOT
Generic organization, blah blah. Who gives a damn about that? Musical headers are far more important, and Ocelot does much better then Specter in this department. Granted MGS has a much better selection of music. . .Moving on, while I like the amount of strategy and freedom you give Ocelot with his multitude of options and have them all flow among themselves as little separate playstyles, you’ve essentially made him good at everything. He can damage rack at a range (Even going around walls), and can damage rack as well as KO up close by making use of one of his many ridiculously good and numerous stunning/disabling moves followed by one of his all-powerful smashes. He can even gimp to boot. All the lag in the world won’t make the difference on those smashes when he can incapitate the foe so easily, and that dsmash is a beastly damage racker. His only true weakness seems to be how easy he is to kill, what with his surprisingly low weight and his gimpable recovery. . .Least he has one, unlike Mewtwo.

You have brilliant concepts here and all the moves have just the right amount of creativity. The standards/tilts/throws in particular are surprising highlights. Also loving the final smash and extras (Final Smashes should be extras anyway, bah). While the move interactions are very numerous, I just wish there was a more streamlined focus. The playstyle section is very much good and your match-ups have greatly improved, though your focus on shooting and reloading seems rather irrelevant when looking at the actual set. Is it perhaps just a balance problem and just needs a few numbers tweaked (Mainly those ridiculously long stun times)? Quite possibly, but that might take away from his stratetgic multiple options, seeing those warlock punch laggy smashes would be rather pointless without the stunners and he’d just turn into a camper. Is it better then Specter? So many good ideas, all explored thoroughly, but when they’re all on the same character it gets rather muddled up and presents a balance problem. Some of the great work you’ve done has to go, just nerfing it wouldn’t really do it justice and would just make those creative button inputs useless. This isn’t a common case of lack of flow in general, it just feels like the various ideas you have are enough to fill up two characters, seeing having them all gives Ocelot too many advantages.

Oh, and I’m a bit over halfway into Monster. I came.

darth meanie

Smash Journeyman
Roxas

So Roxas. Don't have a Playstation2, but I've played the game before, and I rather liked it.

The menu system was a homage to the attack system of Kingdom Hearts, and it just doesn't fit into Smash. As MT said, it creates controller issues, and it's navigation is a little difficult. Worse, it puts in a seemingly arbitrary cap on Roxas's ranged attacks (and they're not even that particularly strong), and the potions are both weak (2 seconds for 10%?) and don't particularly lend to a playstyle.

The Specials were decent; Reversal was a cool idea and as best as I can understand the move, rather helpful to playstyle. The Neutral Special's strict percentage based limits make it a unwieldy move, and with Roxas's 2 for weight, he'll rarely get to pull it off much at all. The Down Special also has a rather unnecessarily tricky control; why not just cycle through the keyblades each time you press the button? Also, you don't go entirely into the tactics of getting his keyblade knocked away, and they aren't particularly balanced to his playstyle (why use a magic based one when he has such limited access to it?)

The other attacks were for the most part good. Smashes were creative, if a tad on the weak side, and they fit the goal of building up damage while maintaining a good amount of creativity. The problem though lies in that a lot of your creativity doesn't really fit right into the moves. The Up Smash leaves Roxas a huge spot to be punished, the Down Aerial's side effect is incredibly punishable, and the Special Mechanic, as I said, is unfocused and jarring.

It leads to a playstyle that has little more to it than a generalist damage racker / combo character. He's not defensive enough to really be able to use all of the options that you try to give him, and it makes his gameplay seem shallow.

As for presentation, this is head and shoulders above the presentation of your previous sets, much better looking, although your writing suffers from a lot of vagueness and more than couple grammatical errors, but the gist of the moves still get expressed.

Overall, I think I'd rank this a little above Trainer Gold's level. The creativity and presentation have shot up, but Roxas doesn't have the same level of focused playstyle that Politoed, Sunflora, and Typhlosion individually had. Since we know that you can make this sort of playstyle though, I feel confident that you'll be able to pull the best aspects of both those sets together for your next one.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Klubba is an unfortunate set. He feels like he has all the ingredients to be good. The Specials are so promising: playing around with the club's priority with all of his attacks to make him a decidedly new spin on the traditional heavyweight? But then he lapses into some rather random traps, as others have mentioned, as well as stock heavyweight chomps or weapon swings. The club as the primary weapon makes him feel somewhat fresh, but after so many DK-based crocodile movesets, there's just nothing left in the body type and a lot of the moveset feels perfunctory.

And when it comes time for you to wrap up the playstyle, he turns out to be a rather standard heavyweight. No master plan. I'm more appreciative of this kind of simplicity than most - after all, we need the occasional basic heavyweight - but if you're going that route, don't cop out and bring in traps to fill out your button inputs. Not quite as subpar as your first sets tend to be, and quite enjoyable at times, but minor Kupa for sure.

The organization, by the way, is nice enough to make up for the somewhat uninspired music choices.

Now, Macho Man - am I wrong, or do you dislike this set? I remember Warlord had to twist your arm to get you to post it, and there's a certain tone you use throughout the set that makes it sound like you're being forced to make it every step of the way. Hopefully it won't become another Spadefox; I know how annoying it is when a set you didn't enjoy making ends up being one of your top contenders.

This shouldn't imply that I don't like him, because I actually liked him much, much more than I thought it was possible for me to like boxing sets in this day and age. The choice you make - and it's so brilliant - to spring the shieldbreaker playstyle on us almost as a surprise at the end of the moveset sheds a whole new light on the attacks, some of which are almost (gasp) uncreative. Dramatic Twist, indeed.

Not much else to say here, because plenty has been said about this set already. You've left your own mark on the Punch Out "movement", HR, which is all to the good. Warlord's sets are its face, but it's the unique efforts from you and Khold and Junahu (aaaaand all the rest ;)) that made it such a fun MYMing adventure.

As a final note, this is one set that really would have liked to have some music in the headers.​

That's it for now. I'm slow, sure, but at least I'm focused, right? :bee:

Apemasta'

Smash Cadet
Silver
- Yuck, control reversal. Personally not a fan, but I see it's appeal.
- I rather like Telekinesis - fits its wearer to a T. Still, it's application seems little more than a glorified grab...
- Took me a bit to get why you spawned Psi Blocker ABOVE Silver... Ha. But I like where this is going.
- Zant piqued my interest in stage manipulation, and Psychic Bend is only helping that.

- Psychic Push = Easiest gimp ever
- Comboable Dash, I like.
- I assume Mental Burst applies to stage-specific fall-through platforms, too. Do they break on contact with a wall?
- Silver for Team-Tier!

-After reading the Smashes, it's easy to see Side Special's importance. You've kept it balanced well, so far.
- Mindgaming Nair FTW
- Silver actually DAMAGED someone? You silly Bair, you. Again, messin' with controls bugs me, but I do enjoy this spin on it.
- Silver's aerials provide a great gimpgame. His KO options are very well defined.

- All in all, I really enjoyed Silver. :) Very clean, well-described for the most part, and quite a unique character.

Roxas
- Yay, a (hopefully!) solid KH set! :D
- Roxas, an armed magic user, with low priority?
- The Menu thing is... definitely unusual. I'm more concerned on whether or not it will flow well.

- I'll again say how much I dislike limited move uses. Limit Break is a nice attack, but there are simply too many restrictions on it.
- Duel Bout seems rather, well... useless, tbqh.
- Loved using Reversal in KH2, glad to see it represented. I cringe a bit at Aerial Recovery's 50% minimum, though. I understand the reasoning behind it - even agree with it. I tend to hold a philosophy that moves in Smash are at the highest quality when there is no concrete invariable that a player needs to know - a sort of simple "This does that" ideal.
- I like Keyblade Change; but you say it goes in an order, then contradict yourself, saying you can choose?
- Grammar Nazi: Just say no to, "Also... as well." !!

- The standards are a mixed bag - some simple to a fault, and others with interesting little mechanics (though still rather generic).
- Overtaker is interesting enough, but a "heavy" swing of the Keyblade should probably cause some damage... I'd say tone down another damage aspect of the move.

- Overall, Roxas is rather generic. That's not to say that he wouldn't fit into Brawl quite well. His mechanic seems tacked on, and doesn't seem to aid his playstyle at all. Finally, his low priority really bugs me. Considering he uses a weapon, the majority of his hitboxes should be considered disjointed. Other than problems with ingenuity, Roxas is in fact a solid character.

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
I would like to apologize for not commenting on some movesets, but I did read them. I just haven't had that much time to write a comment on them, but I will at some point. My Wapol moveset is also kinda slowing down, all I need now are two specials ( really long ones), extras, and the playstyle. . . . . .

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Klubba

but after so many DK-based crocodile movesets, there's just nothing left in the body type and a lot of the moveset feels perfunctory.
So. . .K. Rool, K. Rool, K. Rool, K. Rool, K. Rool, Kaptain Skurvy, Kaptain Skurvy again, Klump and Krusha, Klump and Krusha again. . .That's three Kremlings prior to this one, just all remade far too many times. I swear you people have anti DKC bias.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Two Skurvies, two K&Ks, and a Kaptain K. Rool later, I'm frankly a bit tired of Kupa's Kremling movesets - they're getting a touch repetitive. And I liked this set more than you did, so I don't quite know where you're getting series bias from. :|

To be edited with more comments, of course, since I want to save that nice low post count. EDIT: I lied.

Junahu

Smash Ace
Revolver Ocelot: There are a good number of inspired attacks in here. I instantly approve of any projectile that gets around all those dumb "eats projectiles" attacks. Some attacks do seem a little silly or out of place, but they certainly all create a playstyle that is undeniably "Ocelot".

Why is his Up-Special not Cypher? Considering you actually do have him use Cypher in a "recovery" style manner, later in the set, It baffles me why it wasn't his Up-special to begin with. At the very least it would be confusing when comparing Snake to Ocelot (if two characters from the same series are going to share the same kind of move, it should be on the same input)

Roxas: After breezing past the haphazard looking Specials, I was relieved to find the regular attacks were all very well done. They might not all fit into a solid playstyle, but I could definitely see these moves working well in Brawl

But I'm gonna have to pick on that menu system. How would that work out in a 2v2 where everyone is Roxas? 1 menu per corner? shrink the menus and put them behind the damage %? There just doesn't seem to be a physical way to have 4 of these menus onscreen at once without either obscuring the action, or leading to confusion over whose menu is whose.
Plus, Kingdom Hearts' attack menu sucks to begin with. It's the most unwieldly real-time attack system this side of Monster Hunter, and it works even less when crowbarred into Smash.
Also, would anyone ever really get hit by either Side-Special or the whole of Up-Smash? There especially seems to be no incentive to use Side-Special, since all it achieves is 5 seconds of Roxas being vulnerable.

Edit: Bah, you guys talk like Klubba was a bad moveset, which it wasn't

The_Great_Panda

Smash Apprentice
Well well...

Man it's been a forever since I've poked my head around these parts of the net...I wonder if any of you know who I am or remember me? xD

For the new peoples I made my debut in MYM 2 and made 3rd place with my Vent moveset. Since then I've made a few movesets up to MYM 4 if I remember right.

It seems the game has taken a step up since I went poof, but that's ok cuz I' can keep up >:D

It'll be a long time due to lack of personal time and some extreme motivation But I will be remastering and repackaging my Vent moveset which scored 3rd place back in the days. Though, in the days of MYM 2 there wasn't much to this job, but hey, I'm looking forward to it ^^

Plorf

Smash Apprentice
By Vent you meant Vent from Mega Man ZX? If so, I'm looking forward to it for one :).

Also, welcome back to MYM! The contest has changed a bit, but if you stick with it for a bit, it's not so hard ^_^;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom