• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grammys Mafia - An LoD Mafia game moved to dGames

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Am I the only one noticing that when Tom tries to acknowledge people agreeing with him, he uses it to discredit the person and cast suspicions.
if you can point out where i did it to other people besides you then i would be genuinely surprised.

i think im only doing it to you because im getting buddy buddy vibes. you understand.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
@Vyse: It it jest soda cap pens in the pro success of a tack king Crimson King, a D fence on BK was creed a Ted. It wasabi knot intentional, but cents I no Crimson King fish Mafia time gold wing to only ass zoom anyone he boats for fish town town.
You are seriously still on this? Once again, how are you 100% certain. I have voted for you, and you claimed indie. Wouldn't that break your actual theory? Also, if I am mafia, who else is? How many mafia are there? What else do you know? I'm really interested in how you are getting information that states "CK is mafia."

@Tom: I guess you have a point. It does seem a bit odd to toss off that I could be mafia, when we are agreeing on at least a process to root out scum.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
@CK: I half all red Dee sad that I **** sad any further. I Idew no you bar Mafia regardless.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
And we should just trust you.

Not buying that. I have no idea who my vote is on anymore, so Unvote Vote Omni.

Why? Is there really any question that he isn't looking out for town interests, but his own?

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
unvote vote omni

if we wanted to end the Day now i would be fine with it

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I'm fine with lynching an indie.

Unvote
Vote Omni

Sorry Omni, I want town to win, not indie + town.

Also I think it should be stated that if we have a Vig in this game

DON'T SHOOT TONIGHT.

You risk hitting a town power role.

Omni

BRoomer
:mad:

Willy you people stoplight and the wink for a a minute? Time tie wing to warm you that CK fish pup to no good good. This this fish jest ********.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
unvote

i'm not voting for omni. at least not yet. if we want to stay safe with an indie lynch then fine, but we have like what, 5 days or something till night time?

i think there's something to omni and I want him to stick around a little longer

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
unvote

i'm not voting for omni. at least not yet. if we want to stay safe with an indie lynch then fine, but we have like what, 5 days or something till night time?

i think there's something to omni and I want him to stick around a little longer
Let me explain why I am doing this now: we have revealed WAY too much. After thinking about how useful it'd be to continue the Day probing everyone, I am starting to notice a lot of things about the people asking questions. No doubt it's helping the mafia size up who will be a threat and who will be an ally, and I don't think that will help us at all at this point. I say lynch the indie, get some investigations going tonight, and tomorrow, we can probe more people.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
you guys realize were repeating history?
everyone started to vote omni cause we determined that he was indie, but then the fact that he might be a jester came up, and then no one voted for him. voting for omni now completely goes against kevinm said where he wants town to win, not town + indie

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
If Omni's a Jester, then he is working against town. That alone is good enough for me.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
But then he wins?

I just don't see why people wouldn't rather wait one day, let a night killer get him (since if hes a Jester there is a night killer as well), then we'l be safe. However, at the start of Day 2, if Omni is not dead, then immediately lynch him.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Chibos thoughts are rational.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
If we are going to make a stretch and assume Xivii has included a basically reject role with the Jester, would it be hard for him to also put a Bus Driver? Then, since we are begging the Vig to hit Omni, we are giving the mafia a chance at TWO night kills should they redirect. See? That's what happens when you start making assumptions. Seeing as how he has been attacking me, a lyncher is much more likely than a jester.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
But then he wins?

I just don't see why people wouldn't rather wait one day, let a night killer get him (since if hes a Jester there is a night killer as well), then we'l be safe. However, at the start of Day 2, if Omni is not dead, then immediately lynch him.
Also, what I don't get is why would you rather lynch him Day 2 versus Day 1?

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
everyone started to vote omni cause we determined that he was indie, but then the fact that he might be a jester came up, and then no one voted for him.
That's not entirely the case. Not many people got scared at the fact of Omni being a jester and us having to "share" a win. It's not that big of a deal. A couple of votes ended up dropping but most of the suspicion of him being scum stayed, just the same. Like Tom said, just because a vote drops, doesn't mean any heat or pressure leaves as well.

Alright Vyse, I would have answered your question this morning, but I didn't have any time before I left for a tournament (also, I was there until somewhat late tonight). That's the only excuse I have for inactivity though, lately. I'm not in school atm and rarely have work johns, so the only time I've busy is at tournaments on Saturdays.

And yes, I know that I haven't posted too much since the day started, and I won't try to assume I've contributed as much as a lot of the others. I don't know if Tom's post was purposefully made to be right after mine (since it wasn't too long after mine was made, and considering he would have to read it and write his post, it's possible he was writing his while mine was being written) or if it was just coincidence, since there WERE topics mentioned in my post that hadn't been brought up yet (as far as I can remember), such as my accusation on chibo and the relation of it to the Marc vs KevinM incident (which has died down now, as far as I can tell).

I'm just torn on the whole Omni situation to be honest, haha. That's one of the main reasons I haven't posted as much as I could, Vyse. This is a pretty bad excuse, but I've had trouble getting my attention off of trying to figure out what questions I really want to ask. After all, most of them have been asked, and I will usually only be repeating a question or statement someone else has said. I've found it difficult to find out just what answers I really wan't to ask, without merely repeating someone else.

I've also been arguing with myself on whether what Omni says is at least somewhat reliable or not. Whether or not he actually will have a purpose that will benefit us. Whether or not we should just lynch him now, or if that would, in turn, get rid of an asset we would have. Part of me also still thinks he got mad about CK voting for him early game, he then retaliated, claimed to "know" that CK's mafia without thinking, and ... well, couldn't turn back. After all, you can't really say "Sorry, guess I was wrong... I DIDN'T know CK's mafia like I thought I did." He'd get lynched immediately. So him "knowing" that CK's mafia could be him just carrying on the lie, considering he did something similar to Tom, saying he was mafia as well (in a way that implied assumption) and then later saying he didn't know (the sentence he originally said Tom was mafia in was vague, so it would be somewhat easy to turn back).

I'm also leaning a bit towards letting Omni live at least today. I have a good feeling he'll be night killed too, and I'm a bit curious to whether he will be. But I don't think an immediate lynch on Day 2 if he's still alive should be necessary. Not immediate, at least, as chibo mentioned. It still hasn't been completely decided 100% that he's scum, or that his "indie ability" wouldn't somehow benefit the town, in time. It's not the most common scenario, but it's still a possibility.

Also, assuming Omni CAN see that CK's mafia, thinking that it'll get better as the days go on without something else happening (CK being lynched for example), isn't very likely. If this were the case, and each day he was able to get more intel (or something like that), he'd try to lie low more and not put himself at this much risk until it gets "better". Unless something changes that Omni doesn't even know is going to happen, only Xiivi.

Sorry if I didn't answer your question. I'll respond to anything else tomorrow after I get some sleep.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
If we are going to make a stretch and assume Xivii has included a basically reject role with the Jester, would it be hard for him to also put a Bus Driver? Then, since we are begging the Vig to hit Omni, we are giving the mafia a chance at TWO night kills should they redirect. See? That's what happens when you start making assumptions. Seeing as how he has been attacking me, a lyncher is much more likely than a jester.
I just looked up what a Bus Driver is, I wasn't familiar with that role. How exactly would a Bus Driver change the whole Jester situation?

Also, what I don't get is why would you rather lynch him Day 2 versus Day 1?
Because it works like this...

If there is a Jester in the game, there has to be a night killer. I find it INCREDIBLY rare and stupid on the mods part to put a Jester in a game without a night killer, as then the only way the Jester wouldn't win would be for the mafia to kill him. This just creates a whole mess of everything. Theoretically then a Jester could flat out say, hey I'm a Jester. Everyone can't lynch him then as they would lose, and it gives another person for the mafia to side with, as since the Jester is sort of anti-town (enemies of enemies are your friends). If there is a Jester the mafia doesn't kill, then that reduces the amount of pro town players in the game. (ie. 16 player game, 4 mafia would normally need to kill 12 townies, with a Jester they only need to kill 11). The only bad thing a Jester is to the mafia is that they can vote as well, but that isn't necessarily a terrible thing for the mafia.

So a mafia game with a Jester and no pro-town killing role is absolutely ludicrous. It's like having a character with no counter (MK? lol jk)

Sooooo...

If we vote Omni day 1, we run the risk of him being a Jester. If we lycnh him and he's a Jester, Omni wins. We don't want that. We should be playing for an ideal win, which is how the game is designed to be done.

If we don't lynch Omni... There are one of two scenarios

Omni is a Jester: Then there is also a pro town killer who will kill him Night 1. (If there is a killer who DOESNT kill Omni night 1 that is just freicken ******** especially after reading this plan). This way, we lynched someone Day 1 who might have been mafia (remember, by lynching Omni Day 1 we are guaranteed to not be killing a mafia member (which is our goal) since we're all assuming he's independant. Then Day 2 will start, and Omni will be gone, and he will not have won the game as a Jester. Yay for us.

Omni is not a Jester: Then there isn't a killer on Night 1 that can kill him. In this case, Day 2 starts, we see Omni still alive, that practically guarantees that he's not a Jester (since there's no killer to have killed him), and we can safely lynch the independant without any fear of loosing the game right away, the risk we run with voting him on D1.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
After reading more into the Bus Driver wiki page here:
http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Bus_Driver

The Bus Driver is meant to be a pro town role. The only way it's somewhat anti is given the randomness of the ability. Since the town would already rely on the killer to take out Omni (which they would obviously do), then I would surely hope the Bus Driver would be smart enough to not switch Omni with anyone lololol

The Bus Driver isn't a problem to the plan. It's quite full proof really, I can't see anything wrong with it.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
That's not entirely the case. Not many people got scared at the fact of Omni being a jester and us having to "share" a win. It's not that big of a deal. A couple of votes ended up dropping but most of the suspicion of him being scum stayed, just the same. Like Tom said, just because a vote drops, doesn't mean any heat or pressure leaves as well.

Alright Vyse, I would have answered your question this morning, but I didn't have any time before I left for a tournament (also, I was there until somewhat late tonight). That's the only excuse I have for inactivity though, lately. I'm not in school atm and rarely have work johns, so the only time I've busy is at tournaments on Saturdays.

And yes, I know that I haven't posted too much since the day started, and I won't try to assume I've contributed as much as a lot of the others. I don't know if Tom's post was purposefully made to be right after mine (since it wasn't too long after mine was made, and considering he would have to read it and write his post, it's possible he was writing his while mine was being written) or if it was just coincidence, since there WERE topics mentioned in my post that hadn't been brought up yet (as far as I can remember), such as my accusation on chibo and the relation of it to the Marc vs KevinM incident (which has died down now, as far as I can tell).

I'm just torn on the whole Omni situation to be honest, haha. That's one of the main reasons I haven't posted as much as I could, Vyse. This is a pretty bad excuse, but I've had trouble getting my attention off of trying to figure out what questions I really want to ask. After all, most of them have been asked, and I will usually only be repeating a question or statement someone else has said. I've found it difficult to find out just what answers I really wan't to ask, without merely repeating someone else.

I've also been arguing with myself on whether what Omni says is at least somewhat reliable or not. Whether or not he actually will have a purpose that will benefit us. Whether or not we should just lynch him now, or if that would, in turn, get rid of an asset we would have. Part of me also still thinks he got mad about CK voting for him early game, he then retaliated, claimed to "know" that CK's mafia without thinking, and ... well, couldn't turn back. After all, you can't really say "Sorry, guess I was wrong... I DIDN'T know CK's mafia like I thought I did." He'd get lynched immediately. So him "knowing" that CK's mafia could be him just carrying on the lie, considering he did something similar to Tom, saying he was mafia as well (in a way that implied assumption) and then later saying he didn't know (the sentence he originally said Tom was mafia in was vague, so it would be somewhat easy to turn back).

I'm also leaning a bit towards letting Omni live at least today. I have a good feeling he'll be night killed too, and I'm a bit curious to whether he will be. But I don't think an immediate lynch on Day 2 if he's still alive should be necessary. Not immediate, at least, as chibo mentioned. It still hasn't been completely decided 100% that he's scum, or that his "indie ability" wouldn't somehow benefit the town, in time. It's not the most common scenario, but it's still a possibility.

Also, assuming Omni CAN see that CK's mafia, thinking that it'll get better as the days go on without something else happening (CK being lynched for example), isn't very likely. If this were the case, and each day he was able to get more intel (or something like that), he'd try to lie low more and not put himself at this much risk until it gets "better". Unless something changes that Omni doesn't even know is going to happen, only Xiivi.

Sorry if I didn't answer your question. I'll respond to anything else tomorrow after I get some sleep.
Alright man, it's cool to know that you'll be able to be more active :)

It's good to know your stance too, but we gathered a lot about your stance from when you answered Tom before. Much of the Omni situation and other situations in the thread have been analysed a lot, and we need to push forward into a new direction, be it with these people or others.

What I'd like to know now is, where do you think we should go with our current situation? Who's worth interrogating right now and what questions should we ask them? But then pose those questions and figure them out.

I think we're all just filling in time til airgemini posts though. He can't stay away forever. KayLo's theory might be legit, that there's a restriction in place. There always seems to be some kind of metaphor or something similar. He said the same kind of thing to me before:

Vyse that's not really helpful at all for town silly boy.
We might have to make you talk through forceful means.
It may not be innuendo per se, but it seems fishy, or it might not be anything. Does airgemini usually talk like that? (I suppose it would be easy to figure out, all he has to do is stop talking in innuendo to disprove the theory).

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Let me explain why I am doing this now: we have revealed WAY too much. After thinking about how useful it'd be to continue the Day probing everyone, I am starting to notice a lot of things about the people asking questions. No doubt it's helping the mafia size up who will be a threat and who will be an ally, and I don't think that will help us at all at this point. I say lynch the indie, get some investigations going tonight, and tomorrow, we can probe more people.
I just re-read this. I wasn't paying too much attention before (got caught up playing interrogator with -hilt- lol).

I guess I'll unvote, vote Omni too to save some time while I'm asleep and you're all awake since he's the only one I'm comfortable voting for too. Sorry man, if you can think of a way to convince us, you better do it soon.

I still think it'd be worth waiting around for airgemini to test Kaylo's theory though.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer

The Bus Driver is meant to be a pro town role. The only way it's somewhat anti is given the randomness of the ability. Since the town would already rely on the killer to take out Omni (which they would obviously do), then I would surely hope the Bus Driver would be smart enough to not switch Omni with anyone lololol

The Bus Driver isn't a problem to the plan. It's quite full proof really, I can't see anything wrong with it.
In Disney Mafia it was a Mafia role.

Xiivi can we get an update on the votes, please?

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
9th Official Vote Count:
(4): Omni: Crimson King, Tom, KevinM, Vyse
(1): bowser king:ChiboSempai
(1): Crimson King : Omni

(10) Not voting: Mike G, bowser king, airgemini, Teran17, Kataefi, Marc, Hylian, KayLo!, -Hilt-, §teel

With 16 alive, it takes a vote of 9 to lynch!
A deadline has been set for September 19th 11:59PM EST!
If a majority is not reached, the person with the highest number of votes will be lynched!
If multiple people have the majority of votes, whoever reached that majority first will be lynched!
If no votes are cast then the game moderator will roll dice!

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer

As Steel stated, it was a mafia role in Disney. Keeping that in mind, and since you are also working off of assumptions, we are taking a huge risk by begging a vig to kill Omni because A. we are assuming the vig is town; serial killers do exist, and B. we are assuming the Bus Driver is town, and the Vig's kill won't be redirected.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Yeah, like I said before... we don't want to announce Town nightkills because it could give the Mafia two kills of their choosing.

Vote: Omni

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
So i'm not even lying that i voted for omni in a dream i had last night and it all turned out ok. I'm going to keep in mind what he "contributed" as the game progresses but I think he has contributed all that he possibly can.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Forgive me if I didn't know any of the roles exactly, I've just been going by whats on the wiki. It flat out says:
"The vigilante is a killer on the town side."
"The Bus Driver is a pro-town role"

Which if both are true, then my plan/assumptions do make sense.
I don't know anything about the Disney mafia, I wasn't in that (hell I wasn't even a mod back then).

However with 6 current votes for Omni I can't see anyone else really being lynched at this point, and I would more than rather just want this mess of a day over.

Unvote

Unless people decide to change their mind again -_-

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
dont get down on yourself about this Day 1 being a "mess of a day" chibo. i think we did a decent job of defining a lot of what to expect from each player. also, we are lynching a claimed independent, and no matter what he specifically flips, we will have more to go off of on this than a bandwagon on a random inactive, because this is basically a bandwagon on an indy. whether hes a jester or a lyncher or an independent lie detector or whatever he is, we're better off without him. and theres a very small chance hes actually scum.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
If there's a very small chance he's actually scum, wouldn't it make sense to vote someone who has a higher chance of being scum, like one of the inactives?

Independants dont hurt or help the town.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
It's a safe lynch, and we will know more and may have more/different suspicions once a new day comes.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
If there's a very small chance he's actually scum, wouldn't it make sense to vote someone who has a higher chance of being scum, like one of the inactives?

Independants dont hurt or help the town.
If I could be confirmed town, would you retract that statement? The fact is independents are out to win, period. If that win means helping the mafia, they will join the mafia with ease, in voting. Chibo, pending Omni's flip, I am going to have a few questions for you.

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
Just letting you all know that I wasn't ignoring the suspicions on me yesterday but I was kind of busy this weekend.

Yes I have a post restriction; Kaylo hit it right on.
I was trying to keep it secret at first and I thought I was doing a good job but I guess not. It's kind of harder than it seems posting thoughts and having to think of something sexual to add in it. I was kind of scared that my posts wouldn't be considered 'sexual' enough to post (my first ever post restriction) so I kind of kept to myself (very stupid I know). I can't really blame that on my poor activity though.

On the subject of me and BK, I'm definately less scummy than him.
Sure I haven't been the most active, but I'm pretty sure most/all of my posts have been more contributing than his when it comes to current subjects at the time. That and I think most of BKs posts have been when he's been pressured on or been the subject of lynching. I've posted about stuff without being pressured on. Might not be the best case to defending, but honestly most stuff about him as already been said.

On the subject of Omni I don't really feel comfortable placing a vote on him because it might look like I'm just going with everyone else.

Please don't kill me, I promise I can make myself worth your time.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Alright after reading what people are saying and from what I seem to understand from the links, I think... our best bet is to lynch the independent.

Omni

BRoomer
Jester's suck ass. What an annoying and boring day it was for me.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
"Well damn, now that Fergies dead, how are we gonna figure out who the mafia is?"

"Pfft, who cares about Fergie. She's nothing compared to the lovely Lady Gaga."

"Seriously?"

"What an idiot!"

However, soon an even bigger idiot would reveal herself to the group.

"Scum scum everywhere crazy wedding cake. Safe safe me!"

"What the hell is she trying to say?"

"I don't know, but she sure does have a way with words that just makes my knees weak."

"Right..."

"You don't think so."

No response.

"Hello?"

No response.

"Are you even paying attention to me?"

"Anyway guys, I think we should look into the possibility that--"

"Mafia mafia! He mafia guys runescape away away!"

"Will you just shut up?"

"What do you think about that?"

"Who are you talking to? That's a wall."

"No one! No one at all!"

"Right...talk about a drama queen."

"All of this chaos and everyone talking is making me nervous!"

"Don't be scared baby, I'm here with you."

"What are you two doing? We're wasting valuable daylight! We need to scumhunt RIGHT NOW."

"Scum scum help me please safe me! Someone someone safetynet us all!"

"That's it, let's just kill her."

"Sounds good."

"Yep."

"No no! Scum scum he Istanbul!"

The group finally snapped, deciding they weren't going to be getting anything done with some little girl who was so nervous s-s-stuttering everytime she said anything.

They grabbed a microphone wire and grabbed the girl, who didn't fight back. Instead she just continued to point fingers towards the same person.

"No no he watanabe cereal you all!"

"Oh just shut up!"

And with that the group kicked the chair from under her, sealing her death. However when looking at the dead body, something suspicious caught everyone's eye. She was smiling.

Omni, Miley Cyrus, the ignorant jester has been lynched!

Omni has achieved his win condition and won. This does not affect the win conditions of any other player/faction.

Day 1 has ended.

It is now Night 1.
Night Actions (active abilities) are due in 48 hours, on Tuesday September 15th at 9pm EST.
Thread has been locked so that there will be no talking at Night.

Top Bottom