• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phoenix Wright Mafia [GAME OVER!]

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
FINAL DAY 2 VOTE COUNT

Pierre [1] : KevinM
KevinM [6] : Macman, Mentosman, Gheb, Rockin, Swords, Marshy
Rockin [3] : Circus, Cacti, Pierre
Not Voting: Riddle

You all approach Kevin, ready to cast him out. Then suddenly, someone pops out in front of him

"LIIKE NO DUDES! I think you're lynching the wrong guy. I'm going to put a stop to this"

The man that popped out in front of Kevin whips out his phone.

"NO WAIT WAIT...urg, it's too late...fine." You all agree with the man.

THE LYNCH HAS BEEN STOPPED

NIGHT 2 HAS BEGUN, ALL NIGHT ACTINOS ARE DUE TO ME BY THE LAST SECOND OF 12/2 EST!

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
mentosman8 walks outside for a bit of fresh air. As he steps out side it begins to rain balls hard. Then a lightning storm of legendary status strikes mentosman8 again and again and again.

mentosman8 has been modkilled

mess with me boy!

Mentosman arrives at the great wheel. The all mighty Scumfever speaks "Oh peasant, you have made a grave error. However, you, in your youth, have been a blissful, innocent young fellow, and I award you your second life."

Mentosman8 has been revived

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
mentosman8 walks outside for a bit of fresh air. As he steps out side it begins to rain balls hard. Then a lightning storm of legendary status strikes mentosman8 again and again and again.

mentosman8 has been modkilled

mess with me boy!

Mentosman arrives at the great wheel. The all mighty Scumfever speaks "Oh peasant, you have made a grave error. However, you, in your youth, have been a blissful, innocent young fellow, and I award you your second life."

Mentosman8 has been revived
Copy cat >=/

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Again, you all arise from slumber. You notice a very prominent figure missing.

"Oh shi-....turn on the TV."

The judge appears

You, Manfred von Karma (Circus) Town executioner will now be sentenced on the charges brought against you...On all charges I find you...

With 10 of you alive, it takes 6 to lynch!

Deadline is the last second of 12/15, EST.

If you read the V/LA thread, I will be gone until roughly Sunday. Steel will be modding the game in the meantime. all logs/actions/whatever are to be sent to him as well as me.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Yes I protected myself last night deal with it like.

If you don't want to deal with the wifom lynch me but we're getting closer to the end of the game now.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
n1 protect?
governor sucks for not at the very least letting us talk out kevins claim. I guess it wasn't suspect at all that he claims RIGHT AFTER he gets lynched when he refused to do so all of the previous day.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah, I don't get it, Kevin said that he couldn't claim, but then in twilight when his lynch was stopped and he claimed there was no repercussion. So why could he claim then, but not during the day when it actually mattered? Don't know if I like it, but I need to think things out a bit longer.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Wait, you can protect yourself as a doc? O.o

In anycase, I'm going to trust in Kevin's claim. I doubt that he knew a gov was in the game, so I'm going to believe him for now. KevinM, I don't suppose you can claim for us, can you? As well as tell us why you didn't protect anyone else N1 and N2.

Mentos, didn't you said you was going to explain the reason for your pressure on KevinM?

I think I'm going to do a bit of a re-read, but I think I'll just most likely vote on Riddle.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Anyways the reason I didn't like claim is because a claimed doctor is as useful as a vanilla townie minus the fact I can't be night killed like.

Know that if you keep me alive I will be self-protecting every night, I don't have a good enough reason to use my protection on anyone else as I don't know your alignments well enough.

Like anyways I might as well name claim now. I am Mimi Miney the town doctor I was convicted for murder and broke out of jail. I am like the town doctor and i have to say like every other sentence.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Agreed that Riddle can die. I'm also looking at Pierre right now. He's been a coasting parrot most of D2, he's been major buddying with Circus and he's been fishing the claimed doc. Not liking that few people seemed to have him on their radars yesterDay.

Also curious what mentos has to say.

:059:

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer

In anycase, I'm going to trust in Kevin's claim. I doubt that he knew a gov was in the game, so I'm going to believe him for now. KevinM, I don't suppose you can claim for us, can you? As well as tell us why you didn't protect anyone else N1 and N2.
This is very very dumb. Everyone knew there was some kind of governor in the game. Simply by the long twilights. I wish the real doc would cc.

It bothers me that Kevin already says he'll self protect for the rest of the game. If we have a night vig, he should test that **** out.

I clearly don't trust this ***** but he hasn't been cced so sigh

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well, it would have been nice to have seen Kevin's flip, but since he's so far un cc'd as doc I'll work with that. Now, first of all, I think a claim will be helpful here. I am Damon Gant, a cop. On D1 I was intentionally staying out of the green zone trying to keep myself suspicious but not lynchable so that I could ensure survival till D2. On N1, I investigated Kevin(one of my hardest reads, some level of suspicion), and it turned up a guilty result. However, Omni died as Luke Atmey, town cop.

At this point, I wasn't sure if I was sane or not. I put my vote on Kevin right away, then went back to re-read Kevin's posts and try to determine if I felt like I should push the lynch(hoping I was sane, knowing if not it would at least tell me what to look for), or if I felt it was more likely I was insane/paranoid. Reading through I decided Kevin's posts, especially when looked through with the past posts fresh in my mind, he seemed suspicious enough I thought it would be best to push the lynch.

Last night I investigated Pierre, due to some suspicion coming on about him through D2. This investigation also returned a guilty result. Now, since we didn't get Kevin's flips, there are sadly still all 3 possibilities remaining:

1. I'm a sane cop, Kevin is faking doc, and we have two scum netted by my investigations.
2. I'm insane and Kevin and Pierre are innocent investigations
3. I'm paranoid and nothing I get means anything.

Right now I'm not sure which I believe. With Kev being uncc'd doc though, it seems likely option 1 is not still possible(although not confirmed which I hoped to do with the lynch yesterday), and until I come up with an innocent investigation I can't rule out 3(although I doubt if there's only 2 cops it would be sane and paranoid), but I'm tempted to say we should pull a lynch not from my investigations today.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
you protected yourself after nearly getting lynched despite having a smart confirmed innocent here...man

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Luke Atmey was a witness to the theft of the Kurain sacred urn and the murder of Kane Bullard. He was an egotistical character who called himself an "Ace Detective". His archenemy was the notorious thief Mask☆DeMasque.

Damon Gant was the eccentric District Chief of Police of Los Angeles from the conviction of Joe Darke in the SL-9 Incident to the events of Rise from the Ashes.

the description of the first seems to imply that out of the 2, he would be the one with messed up results.

i beg to differ mentos, i think we should lynch kevin or pierre today

mentos, can yu show me your breadcrumbs

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
nvm. atmey probably would have flipped paranoid/insane/naive if he was.

gah if only kevin had died. even if he was the real doctor we would have been in better shape today.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Agreed Mac, at least in terms of better shape if Kev had died(cop sanities being revealed on death is kinda a mod-to-mod thing, so no guarantees there)

And my breadcrumbs were all over the place, made a couple comments about sanity, one about doing some "detective" work, I mentioned how the night one death confused me(due to it being a cop dying and myself being a cop), and several references to "looking into Kev over night" throughout D2. It's been a long day so I don't want to dredge up exact posts, but I know I've made all those comments.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Not like it matters but I breadcrumbed doc near the beginning of the game *shrugs*.

Who is a strong player that is confirmed town Marshy?

Pierre the Scarecrow

Grasping at Straws
Marshy when I say there is no reason in claiming I have a reason like.

I can't claim.

Unvote
Vote Rockin

There ya go like. Have fun deciding our fates
This made it seem like you were not allowed to claim, not that you wouldn't claim because a doc claim is "worthless."

Yes I protected myself last night deal with it like.

If you don't want to deal with the wifom lynch me but we're getting closer to the end of the game now.
Why would you protect yourself with Circus alive?

Yeah, I don't get it, Kevin said that he couldn't claim, but then in twilight when his lynch was stopped and he claimed there was no repercussion. So why could he claim then, but not during the day when it actually mattered? Don't know if I like it, but I need to think things out a bit longer.
This is valid and KevinM's explanation does not sit well with me.

Mentos, didn't you said you was going to explain the reason for your pressure on KevinM?

I think I'm going to do a bit of a re-read, but I think I'll just most likely vote on Riddle.
What does he have to lose, if he is scum, by claiming doctor? If there is a governor, he may be pardoned. If there is not, he will flip anyways and loses nothing. He could also possibly draw out a counterclaim.

Well, it would have been nice to have seen Kevin's flip, but since he's so far un cc'd as doc I'll work with that. Now, first of all, I think a claim will be helpful here. I am Damon Gant, a cop. On D1 I was intentionally staying out of the green zone trying to keep myself suspicious but not lynchable so that I could ensure survival till D2. On N1, I investigated Kevin(one of my hardest reads, some level of suspicion), and it turned up a guilty result. However, Omni died as Luke Atmey, town cop.

At this point, I wasn't sure if I was sane or not. I put my vote on Kevin right away, then went back to re-read Kevin's posts and try to determine if I felt like I should push the lynch(hoping I was sane, knowing if not it would at least tell me what to look for), or if I felt it was more likely I was insane/paranoid. Reading through I decided Kevin's posts, especially when looked through with the past posts fresh in my mind, he seemed suspicious enough I thought it would be best to push the lynch.

Last night I investigated Pierre, due to some suspicion coming on about him through D2. This investigation also returned a guilty result. Now, since we didn't get Kevin's flips, there are sadly still all 3 possibilities remaining:

1. I'm a sane cop, Kevin is faking doc, and we have two scum netted by my investigations.
2. I'm insane and Kevin and Pierre are innocent investigations
3. I'm paranoid and nothing I get means anything.

Right now I'm not sure which I believe. With Kev being uncc'd doc though, it seems likely option 1 is not still possible(although not confirmed which I hoped to do with the lynch yesterday), and until I come up with an innocent investigation I can't rule out 3(although I doubt if there's only 2 cops it would be sane and paranoid), but I'm tempted to say we should pull a lynch not from my investigations today.
Intentionally coasting and then claiming cop happens both with scum and with town. Claiming cop when the cop is already dead is not a bad claim and I can see it being either town or scum so this is hard.

KevinM is un-counterclaimed, which greatly increases his chance of innocence. I would think a doctor would have already CC'd, and a watcher or bodyguard probably would have also. You forgot, however,

4. You are scum and lying and your investigations mean nothing as you are portraying us as either town or scum but not picking one.
5. You both were sane cops and there is a framer in the mafia and a lawyer in the mafia, kin to DINOMAFIA on this site and fitting with the flavor in this game (ace attorney much?).

According to 5, I was framed last night, and I do not know if KevinM was framed Night 1 or not but currently seeing as how he is un-cc'd, it would be he was framed, which makes the theory pretty bunk bogus but it is as strong as some of yours.

Why did you leave the period off of #2 but have it on 1 and 3? I will go read your meta and see if you leave off periods when you lie.

you protected yourself after nearly getting lynched despite having a smart confirmed innocent here...man
Not like it matters but I breadcrumbed doc near the beginning of the game *shrugs*.

Who is a strong player that is confirmed town Marshy?
Circus.

Anyways, seeing as how there is no KevinM CC, I do not support his lynch. The wine is pissing me off though, get that **** out of my face I didn't order that. Obviously I do not support my own, and I do not think I support Mentosman8's. More to come. I wish Circus had not died because things would be very, very different in this post.

Pierre the Scarecrow

Grasping at Straws
I'm also looking at Pierre right now. He's been a coasting parrot most of D2, he's been major buddying with Circus and he's been fishing the claimed doc. Not liking that few people seemed to have him on their radars yesterDay.
You can combine parrot with major buddying and simply say that I proxied my vote to Circus. In that case, I was voting with the person I was most certainly positive was town aligned and who had access to a mason partner who is most certainly town aligned and therefore could determine a good lynch very easily.

You can say that I have been "fishing the claimed doc," but the fact remains that while I might have tried to understand more about him by understanding his posting restriction, you voted for his lynch and I did not. (You are also one of three players who were on both mislynches, along with Marshy and SwordsRbroken.) Why is it bad that I fished for more knowledge about him, but not bad that you voted for his lynch? That is not a rhetorical question; that is an accusation and a challenge.

You then say you are not liking the few people that had me on their radars. By that, do you actually mean to say that you think I am scummy, but you also think the people who suspect me are also scummy?

Pierre the Scarecrow

Grasping at Straws
Luke Atmey was a witness to the theft of the Kurain sacred urn and the murder of Kane Bullard. He was an egotistical character who called himself an "Ace Detective". His archenemy was the notorious thief Mask☆DeMasque.

Damon Gant was the eccentric District Chief of Police of Los Angeles from the conviction of Joe Darke in the SL-9 Incident to the events of Rise from the Ashes.

the description of the first seems to imply that out of the 2, he would be the one with messed up results.

i beg to differ mentos, i think we should lynch kevin or pierre today

mentos, can yu show me your breadcrumbs
nvm. atmey probably would have flipped paranoid/insane/naive if he was.

gah if only kevin had died. even if he was the real doctor we would have been in better shape today.
KevinM claims doctor without any counterclaims by a doctor or challenging claims by a bodyguard or watcher. Mentosman claims to be a cop (when a cop has already died and flipped "town cop" with no sanity modifiers) and claims to have a guilty on KevinM and me. You seem to believe mentosman's claim.

So which is it? Is he a paranoid cop, or is he an insane cop, or is he a sane cop?

If he is paranoid, that could make KevinM and me both town aligned. Yet you still think that we are the most viable lynch targets.

If he is insane, that would make KevinM and me both town aligned. Yet you still think that we are the most viable lynch targets.

If he is sane cop, then then the protective role that would have countered KevinM's claim is questionably quiet (and from my perspective, I was framed during Night 2).

You do seem to believe mentosman's claim, correct me if I'm wrong there but then I'm just going to go back and show you where you seemed to agree (hint: "but yea, i believe yur claim.") Then, if you do, which of those 3 options seem like even remotely an intelligent idea at all to you?

If you don't believe the claim, why don't you, and why then would you not be calling mentosman your primary lynch target, with a claim you do not believe after having tried to lynch one of his possible innos since Omni flipped "town cop" with no modifier?

Pierre the Scarecrow

Grasping at Straws
I didn't think that quickedit would happen. Here is what I changed:

If he is paranoid, that would make KevinM and me both town aligned. Yet you still think that we are the most viable lynch targets.

became

If he is paranoid, that could make KevinM and me both town aligned. Yet you still think that we are the most viable lynch targets.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
i believe his claim because why would mafia push such a lynch backing it with cop breadcrumbs. And even so, why would he come out today claiming his fake cop claim.

and because kevin not claiming earlier was really scummy. So i think he is scum. And you have been bugging me ever since that flavor thing. Nobody has claimed a pro town role yet.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
but i am quite confused. so i dunno right now. I'll look into some stuff and make a post later.

Pierre the Scarecrow

Grasping at Straws
i believe his claim because why would mafia push such a lynch backing it with cop breadcrumbs. And even so, why would he come out today claiming his fake cop claim.

and because kevin not claiming earlier was really scummy. So i think he is scum. And you have been bugging me ever since that flavor thing. Nobody has claimed a pro town role yet.
KevinM's reasoning for not claiming doctor is that he wanted to avoid WIFOM. A claimed doctor clouds judgment if he does not die, especially a claimed doctor who has the ability to protect himself. If he is town aligned, then his claim makes sense - in protecting himself because he said he doesn't have any town reads better than his own read on himself, other players die while does not, which makes him look more like mafia. So he would not want to introduce that WIFOM, and instead he would simply push an alternate lynch. Also, there is no counterclaim to him.

I have been bugging you ever since Day 1 when I said that I thought important people like Phoenix Wright could be town aligned and therefore a name claim would be bad? I thought I communicated clearly that there could be people who are not criminals but would be telling power roles... Phoenix Wright, Maya Fey, Miles Edgeworth, **** Gumshoe, for example, cannot all be mafia or the game would be ending, but I wouldn't blink twice if they were all in the game together.

If you believe mentosman's claim, then what sanity of a cop do you believe he is? If you believe him to be insane, then you would be directly contradicting yourself to want to lynch either KevinM or me. If you believe he is paranoid, then you would recognize that his reads actually mean nothing. If you believe he is sane, then you already stated that Luke Atmey would have flipped a different variation of cop, and then there are two cops, and you also think that there is probably a protective role out there who is still refusing to counterclaim? I think everyone has posted, maybe not Riddle. Is that your logic's little glimmer of hope? Riddle?

Also, why do you mention "nobody has claimed a pro town role yet?" When KevinM and Mentos both have.

Pierre the Scarecrow

Grasping at Straws
Why Riddle? If you say inactivity, I am going to slap you through the computer. Also, what do you make of Circus' death after he tried to lead a lynch on you? <-- Question Rockin should answer and not anyone else, s'il vous plait.

---

@Macman: Pardon the remark about Riddle being A New Hope. It seems SwordsR and Cacti have also not posted on Day 3.

Top Bottom