• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 7 - It's Over, Nothing to See Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Well for whatever reason, whikl eeveryone else sees things as underpowered, I'm seeing the down throw as overpowered...but that just may be my ignorance speaking. Otherwise I liked the pillar idea.
Nice to see some actual controversy. I didn't expect everybody to think he was underpowered. If anything, he'd be god tier in MYM simply because he, god forbid, doesn't have a third of the roster as an instant guaranteed counterpick.

@Morton: Where was his castle in Super Mario World? I think that's where the pillars are from, but it's been so long. Speaking of which, how far apart are the pillars when they appear? I don't think it was made clear. Also, are you able to climb up their sides with Side B (because there's a reference to that in one of the other moves, but not in Side B itself)?
The pillars are actually from NSMB Wii in his first boss fight. The Up/Side Special combo is pretty much directly ripped from there. The pillars are very close to Morton with little room for anyone to move around, hence the "trapping" theme with 'em. Side B. . .You ricochet in-between the two pillars with it to keep going up. I thought at least that was pretty clear.

Other than those little things, Morton is a pretty cool set for a boss character. Some attacks feel very reminiscent of other characters you've done (or maybe it's just me. Up Tilt reminds me of Lust for some reason), but overall you try to give every attack a little bit of flavor, whether it be with added grab hitboxes or what-not. You've also improved your writing style since I last read one of your movesets (or anyone's, for that matter), so props for that too.
Not gonna lie. I thought of Lust slightly when I made those claw attacks, though more directly I thought of Bear Hugger, what with a special turning soem basic attacks into grabs. Glad you noticed my writing style upgrade, been a while, hasn't it? Gotten a tad bit less torturous since Lust.

Eh, forgive my poor commentary as I try to get back into MYM, but you made a nice little moveset, MW! :bee:
No, no, good to hear from you, Filipino. :bee: Nice to see you dropping in here.

Morton

Ah, have the Koopalings begun to come now? Morton Jr. starts us off. First of all, the doom pillars are a pretty cool idea, and you get them to work fairly well (although the pillars could use stamina (SMIRK)), and the character's ability to use both offense and defense fairly well was a good move in creating a balanced character, where balanced doesn't mean "is shut down by as many people as he shuts down"
:bee:

There are a few quips I'd like to make about the set though. The claw moves were a tad bit disappointing. First of all, the Utilt's effect when you had your claws extended was random, and the kind of move interaction / move with a twist stuff I had thought we'd moved past by now. The same applies to the extra effect if you attacked your pillars with the Ftilt, it was an unnecessary space filler more than anything. It doesn't help that, for a character who's supposed to be able to go offensive, he has to retract his claws after every attack that utilizes them and must reextend them if he wants to attack again. He can't really go offensive if he has to do that.
I didn't think utilt was all that random, but yeah the ftilt interaction was rather pointless/tacked on. As for ftilt/dtilt, you don't have to use your Down Special after each use of those moves. Made that more clear now. That's why I allowed his claws to be shattered in the end lag so it'd be a bit more balanced.

A more minor quibble, the down throw is one of the most important moves in Morton's arsenal... and it's the last move in his arsenal. You should have at least hinted at its existence. Further, for all your talk about not wanting to be a total shut down character, the fact that the down throw completely removes the ability to use your first jump or dash, it subsequently shuts down a lot of aerial characters. You could have lowered jump height or made jumps laggier, or slowed down the dash speed, to keep the goal, but without the ability to completely shut that option out for your opponent. If you did that, you could also probably be able to make it not a "once-a-stock" option like you ended up doing.
Even if the jump height was cut by 90%, that'd screw over Morton's dair/dash attack pretty cleanly. First jumps pretty much had to go in order for those moves to function. If I presented the dthrow earlier, well. . .then it'd come before the moves it helps, and all the other not so important throws would be boosted in order as well. I did make a specific match-up against a aerial character, if you didn't notice. Wario goes 55 against him. Granted, if there's anything Morton more directly counters, it's aerial characters, but there's few MYM characters with playstyles so vague and most Brawl characters with focus on air games that'd lose to him are garbage tier anyway.

That being said, I generally liked the set. Playstyle was solid and balanced, there was a good bit of creativity, and it had a greater deal of personality than I generally expect from your movesets. Good job MW.
Many thanks.

Another Day Another Koopa
-lol morton is adopted
Lulzy backstory ftw.

-It seems like you're forcing yourself to break cliches. ("Unlike the standard portal recovery....")
It's not really a portal recovery seeing he doesn't leave anything on stage, but that's what a good chunk of "situational" recoveries are.

-I wouldn't spoil too much of the recovery in the stats section....
Did I go on about it that long? Suppose it might look like it seeing I didn't talk about much else there. . .

-The up special seems awesome once the side special comes into play.

-You don't make the tilts sound very useful....
Blah. There's a good bit of focus on ftilt and dtilt for his offensive game, utilt I have no excuse. It's another stunning move.

-One of Morton's most important moves....IS THE LAST ONE. D:
Just went over this with DM. . .

The main thing I liked about Morton was the balanced-on-both-sides kind of playstyle, yet as others have said it doesn't flow terribly well. It has a fair amount of creativity, which isn't the easiest thing to do for a koopa kids set, but I'm thinking Lightweight female protagonist is better. Just goes to show how high our expectations are, I suppose.
I definitely have better flowing sets, but I wouldn't say Morton's unflowing. As for creativity. . .Give me any Koopaling over Morton for that, please. Most generic Koopaling with little excuse to use props. I still actually like Lightweight Female Protagonist, so yeah. Better? They're close enough in quality in my own mind anyway. Nothing wrong with her being better, though I do give Morton more credit for being ambitious and trying to break the mold.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Caterpie
This is one enjoyable, 'fun' set, if you will. Noobish writing style would normally be a turn off, but seeing as how the only aspects of it you carry over are conciseness and lack of capitalization (which fits the small, little guy), it's no detraction. The idea of Up Special platforms is one I was mulling around for a future set as well; fits Caterpie to a 'T'. My complaint is that you make his playstyle so centered around Butterfree, a better character, but never say why he's better. A new set isn't necessary, but come on, at least say why you can win with his transformation. Other than that, it's a fine work, although I do expect better in the future.

Morton Koopa Jr.
Well, you've officially started the ball rolling for MYM7 Koopalings (at least I've got Roy under lock now). Either way, moving the character out of the zone of specific playstyles was a wise move, and one we'll hopefully see in more sets. Obliterating and being shut down by certain sets is getting stale, which is why I'm experimenting with multi-branched styles in future sets. Morton's pillar mechanic is fun and fitting, but I think you omitted one detail: how much distance do the pillars leave on either side of Morton? You write the move like they come down right, right next to him, but then go off in the playstyle about catching foes in between them for moves like Side and Neutral Special. This may be the reason some MYMers are confused by its uses above, and should be put in. Other than that, you succeeded in squeezing personality and creativity out of the most generic Koopaling, so major props. I'd say Morton surpasses Lightweight Female Protagonist, at least for better clarity and less bias against him.

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
Morton

So we have Morton here...probably the Koopaling with the least going for him aside from being a chubby little guy...so how'd you pull it off? Well, surprisingly well admittedly. There's not a whole lot I can add to the previous comments that hasn't been said before.

My only complaint here are the tilts and the down B. It seems as if you needed an extra special and the tilts...so you kind of linked them together. It's a totally made up aspect of the character but eh, it's not particularly troublesome so it's not a really valid complaint. Also, props are okay now guys! Warlord used em! Up B and down throw are both prop moves done well; you made the playstyle revolve around them instead of just tacking them on, so that's good too.

Overall, Morton's a very good read...I personally prefer Lucy a bit more though. I do however view Morton more as an experiment; you tried to make him relatively balanced against everyone. While a lot of MYM sets shut down about a half of the sets in MYM while getting destroyed by the other half, Morton does a pretty good job of fighting everyone. Anyway, I look forward to the rest of your sets as always, they're always great reads.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Morton Koopa Jr

I was impressed by how much potential you managed to get out of the guy. I would never think of the claw mini-mechanic, and the Doom Pillars were an excellent way to emulate his fighting style from the games. Fair gets epic points for a similar reason.

His playstyle...[M.Bison]Yes! Yes![/M.Bison] Finally my ranting in the chat throughout MYM6 about overly focused playstyles has paid off! It was truly an enjoyable expierence to see Morton manage to give the player more freedom in their playstyle while still having his core concepts explored and given depth. While the playstyle concepts themsevles weren't the most amazing concepts in the world, the actual moves themselves kept things fresh.

If there's one word to descbribe Morton for me, it's FUN. All of his pillar stuff and claw attacks and earthqaukes just sounds like a genuinley fun character to play around with. The fact that he's not all 80/20 matchups only sweetens the deal. Hopefully his Koopaling Khaos moveset will be able to match the amount of entertainment to be had with his Smash Bros moveset.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Morton Koopa Jr.
Well, you've officially started the ball rolling for MYM7 Koopalings (at least I've got Roy under lock now). Either way, moving the character out of the zone of specific playstyles was a wise move, and one we'll hopefully see in more sets. Obliterating and being shut down by certain sets is getting stale, which is why I'm experimenting with multi-branched styles in future sets. Morton's pillar mechanic is fun and fitting, but I think you omitted one detail: how much distance do the pillars leave on either side of Morton? You write the move like they come down right, right next to him, but then go off in the playstyle about catching foes in between them for moves like Side and Neutral Special. This may be the reason some MYMers are confused by its uses above, and should be put in. Other than that, you succeeded in squeezing personality and creativity out of the most generic Koopaling, so major props. I'd say Morton surpasses Lightweight Female Protagonist, at least for better clarity and less bias against him.
Added that little detail you wanted. . .Have I got everything now? It seems so strange having people request the detail nazi to add detail to his moves. . .And be completely fine with Caterpie's detail. Not that Caterpie is bad by any means. Anyway, glad you liked it. The branching playstyle/not being countered is certainly something I'm proud of with this set.

Morton

So we have Morton here...probably the Koopaling with the least going for him aside from being a chubby little guy...so how'd you pull it off? Well, surprisingly well admittedly. There's not a whole lot I can add to the previous comments that hasn't been said before.
(Y)

My only complaint here are the tilts and the down B. It seems as if you needed an extra special and the tilts...so you kind of linked them together. It's a totally made up aspect of the character but eh, it's not particularly troublesome so it's not a really valid complaint. Also, props are okay now guys! Warlord used em! Up B and down throw are both prop moves done well; you made the playstyle revolve around them instead of just tacking them on, so that's good too.
. . .Pretty much. The grabs go with his playstyle decently, though I -could- of just made his ftilt a grab or something and have his claws automatically extend over time. Yeah I'm a hypocrite for asking you to squeeze your button inputs, though I do rather like utilt/dtilt anyway. As for the props. . .Up B is a trap, Dthrow is part of his costume. If it's a prop, Bear Hugger and Hippo's pants are props. That's worthy of a ban right there.

Overall, Morton's a very good read...I personally prefer Lucy a bit more though. I do however view Morton more as an experiment; you tried to make him relatively balanced against everyone. While a lot of MYM sets shut down about a half of the sets in MYM while getting destroyed by the other half, Morton does a pretty good job of fighting everyone. Anyway, I look forward to the rest of your sets as always, they're always great reads.
Considering your bias I wouldn't be surprised, and considering I, y'know, actually like Lucy, I'm perfectly okat with that anyway. Again, glad to get som appreciation for what I set out to do.

Morton Koopa Jr

I was impressed by how much potential you managed to get out of the guy. I would never think of the claw mini-mechanic, and the Doom Pillars were an excellent way to emulate his fighting style from the games. Fair gets epic points for a similar reason.
Honestly, I was surprised how much I got too. I just started the set based off the awesome idea of Up Special/Side Special after playing his first boss fight in NSMB Wii, then was left rather lost. . .Came out better then I'd hoped.

His playstyle...[M.Bison]Yes! Yes![/M.Bison] Finally my ranting in the chat throughout MYM6 about overly focused playstyles has paid off! It was truly an enjoyable expierence to see Morton manage to give the player more freedom in their playstyle while still having his core concepts explored and given depth. While the playstyle concepts themsevles weren't the most amazing concepts in the world, the actual moves themselves kept things fresh.
You were definitely the main inspiration in making this set and the closest thing to a target audience for it, so give yourself a hand! :bee: I certainly enjoyed the process myself and have come to relate to you on this issue. We'll see how well I can implement the concept into future sets, aye?

If there's one word to descbribe Morton for me, it's FUN. All of his pillar stuff and claw attacks and earthqaukes just sounds like a genuinley fun character to play around with. The fact that he's not all 80/20 matchups only sweetens the deal. Hopefully his Koopaling Khaos moveset will be able to match the amount of entertainment to be had with his Smash Bros moveset.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
FAT BASTARD

BACKGROUND

Fat Bastard is a morbidly obese henchman of Doctor Evil in the Austin Powers series; he hails from Scotland and weighs over a metric ton. The big fart is infamous for having a foul temper, vulgar manners, more chins than a Chinese phonebook, and frequent emotional monologues that end in flatulence. Although he refers to himself as 'dead sexy', he is hiding his inner feelings of rejection from society. Particularly notable is his unusual taste for babies (or anything that looks like a baby); the glutton refers to babies as 'the other other white meat' and hopes that they will 'get in his belly'.

Although loyal to Evil in the second Powers film, Fat Bastard leaves the good doctor's employ and relocates to Japan to become a sumo wrestler in the third. Thanks to the Subway diet, he became 'Thin Bastard', although his excess skin gives his neck the appearance of a vagina.

Here are some of the big lard's most famous moments:

STATISTICS

Power »»» 10
Size »»» 10
Weight »»» 10
Priority »»» 8
Range »»» 7.5
Fall Speed »»» 6
Aerial DI »»» 4
Recovery »»» 4
Comboability »»» 2
Jumps »»» 1.5
Traction »»» 1.5
Attack Speed »»» 1
Movement »»» 1
Abilities: None

Three tens in the stats section? Fat Bastard is definitely a heavyweight of extremes. He's the heaviest character in the game (sorry Bowser, you should be heavier) by far, as well as the easiest to combo up the arse. And speaking of combos, the guy's got none. Instead, Fat Bastard relies on a variety of stunning moves to build damage. While you can't combo from these attacks (A non-combo-heavyweight? Can it be?), they all have one primary purpose: aiding the big lard in landing his grab. While Fat Bastard can build insane damage, he can't actually KO sans a lucky gimp without throwing his opponent. Other than these aspects, Fat Bastard functions as a sluggish stock heavyweight.

SPECIALS

Neutral Special - Fast Food
Fat Bastard reaches behind himself and pulls out...a chicken leg? With the lag of Snake planting a mine at near full charge, the slob stuffs the whole thing into his mouth, chews noisily, and swallows with a gulp, patting his belly in the process. If you complete the move, the next grab you use will be 1/4 faster than usual. You can speed up one grab up to three times with three uses of this move, making it super speedy as a result. Just remember that one grab will use up all of your decreased grab speed, and you'll have to 'eat mor chiken' to speed it up again. Although you can grab without this power-up, this move, among others, is a great way to land your grabs more effectively.
[ 0% ]

Side Special - Ultimate Wire-Fightin' Maneuver
Fat Bastard lets out a battle cry and begins to perform overdramatic front-flips while moving forward at Bowser's dashing speed. You can hold the input for this recovery for up to five seconds, before Fat Bastard enters his helpless state. Pretty nice recovery, eh? Well, it's still far from ideal. Although Fat Bastard himself has super armor while recovering, there is a thin wire attached to the lard extending vertically from his body all the way off the screen top. You didn't think he was able to perform such insane acrobatics without some assistance, did you?

Anyways, the wire has a measly 5 HP; if it is broken, Fat Bastard falls in his helpless state, entering his downed position if he lands on the stage. While recovering, he performs about one moderately-ranged flip per second. There is a hitbox on his feet during each flip; hit them, and you'll take 10-11% and knockback that KOs at around 190%. Of course, your aim should never be to actually attack with such a punishable move. You can drop out of the recovery any time you wish by air-dodging. If it weren't clear enough already, Fat Bastard's recovery is entirely horizontal; fall below the stage and you're as good as fucked, especially as it doesn't speetspot the edge.
[ 10-11% ]

Down Special - Bagpipes of Doom
Fat Bastard pulls his bagpipes out from inside his coat and does a little dance in place while playing a Scottish melody on them. As a result of him holding down a button on the bagpipes, an ominous white gas cloud is piped from the instrument, covering a below average distance 360 degrees around Fat Bastard. The cloud has no priority, but anyone who enters its range falls asleep for a half second (longer if they have higher damage). Tapping the input causes the cloud to stay out for as long as Jigglypuff's (crappy) Sleep, although you can hold it as long as you want. You can also dance side to side at Ganondorf's walking speed for slightly more versatility.

Although you can't spam this move, due to a fair bit of ending lag, this is a major set-up move for landing Fat Bastard's grab. Just stuff your sleeping foes right into your belleh; not only are they open to grab while sleeping, the foe is unable to start mashing out until they wake up. Not only that, but this can drop foes to sleep right out of many moves, including those 'keep on truckin'' dash attacks that Junahu despises. Pummel the sleeping victim away before throwing them for the KO.
[ 0% ]

Up Special - Scottish Quake
Fat Bastard makes an angry face and begins stomping around in place. Foes within around half of Battlefield of the big guy on the same level take 5% and trip. There is a good deal of lag on both ends of this move; tapping the input causes Fat Bastard to stomp twice (each stomp takes about .5 second), although you can hold it out as long as you want. If you are stupid enough to run into Fat Bastard's stomping feet, you'll take 12-13% and knockback that KOs at 130%. The primary use of this move should be as a grab set-up; although it's easier to pull off than with Down Special, your foes will escape quicker due to not being asleep.

If you attempt this in the air, Fat Bastard pulls off a stomp identical to Ganondorf's D-Air, just without electricity. However, the big lard falls a lot faster while stomping; if you go for the spike, it will most likely be a suicide KO, due to Fat Bastard's strictly horizontal recovery. Still, because Fat Bastard lacks a D-Air, you'll more likely than not find some use for this.
[ 5% trip, 22-23% stomp ]

BASIC ATTACKS

Basic Combo - Fat Man Ferocity
Fat Bastard extends one hand and performs two karate chops at half the range of Bowser's F-Tilt. Each chop is performed with one button input. On the third press, the tubby Scot kicks upwards with a yell, extending the range a bit. All three parts of the combo have average priority, and can be performed without much lag on either end. Each chop deals 3-4% and a bit of hitstun, while the kick deals 5-6% and knockback that KOs at, like, 300%. This is a handy jab, but there is a slight catch. If foes intercept the third hit with a jab of their own, Fat Bastard gets flipped into his downed position with a crash. Avoid predictability like the plague.
[ 3-14% ]

Dash Attack - Gut Buster
Fat Bastard stops the pathetic momentum he gets from dashing, and puts his hands on his hips with a grunt. He can hold this pose as long as he wants; by tapping the input, he holds the pose for a second. There is moderate lag on either end of this stance. Although the obese deadweight has poor range, that's not the move's focus. Anyone who runs into Fat Bastard takes 10% and falls into their tripped position. Characters who try attacking his flab with a moderate or lower priority move take double the damage of their attack, before falling on their arse. You can't exactly attack with this, although it is perfect for stopping approaches.
[ 10% run, Variable Damage attacked ]

TILTS

Forward Tilt - Gluttonous Anticipation
Fat Bastard begins singing 'I want mah babeh back babeh back babeh back ribs!', while doing an anxious little dance in place. He must be yearning to get a taste of the other other white meat. This is not an attack whatsoever; your ranged basic combo is a decent enough substitute to jab out at opponents with. Anyways, for every half second you spend singing, Fat Bastard's 1/10 movement speed increases by 1. Therefore, one second singing brings his speed up to a 3/10.

You can't increase his speed over a 10/10, although with the above average lag on both ends, you'll be lucky to get up to a 5/10. With a bit more speed, some of the obese man's attacks become a bit more deadly. At the very least, his grab will be easier to land. Speed increases last for twelve seconds; the speed gained from one F-Tilt must expire before you can use the move to buff the stat up again.
[ 0% ]

Down Tilt - Soiled Diaper
Fat Bastard reaches into his pants and pulls out a plaid diaper, declaring, "I left a rose bud in there for yeh!" or "I think I might've pinched one off too soon!", as he places it on the ground with moderate lag. The diaper stands up straight for some reason, covering about the distance of a Waddle Dee. Unless you burn it with a fire attack, the diaper is invulnerable, staying out for ten seconds. Fat Bastard, and only him, can pick it up and throw it like a normal item. Foes who come in contact with the rancid diaper, grounded or thrown, take 6-7% and enter their dizzy position from the stench. Fat Bastard can have two diapers out at once. Throw your diaper at a foe to stun them, then get in there and get them in your belleh!
[ 6-7% ]

Up Tilt - Odorous Waft
Fat Bastard farts; a split second later, he begins wafting it lustily into the air, observing, "Smells like carrots in throw-up; that could gag a maggot!" or "Aye, smells like hot sick ass in a dead carcass!" How enticing, no? His stench extends Mario's height above the big lard, in a decent-sized priority-less cloud hitbox. Foes who hit the waft take 10% and enter their footstool effect; foes with over 50% won't be able to break out before hitting the ground.

If the victim lands, they enter their dizzy effect. Try using it below a foe on a platform to stun them instantly. This move serves as both an anti-air attack and a grab set-up. You can hold the waft as long as you want, Fat Bastard commenting on it all the while, but he has moderate lag on both ends; with little to no defense mid-move, this is not a smart idea.
[ 10% ]

SMASHES

Forward Smash - Hunger Charge
Fat Bastard yells out, "Come 'ere, yeh!", before waddling forward a short distance, waving his arms in front of him. He moves at double his dashing speed here, covering around two Bowsers at no charge and four Bowsers at maximum charge. The tubby guard has moderate priority and below average lag on both ends of this move; his aim is not to attack, though. Foes who collide with the charging bastard get automatically caught in his grab, as he stuffs the victim into his belleh.

While charging, Fat Bastard cannot jump, turn around, or cancel the move, although he does stop at edges. His speed is increased with the Smash's charge, from Ganondorf's dashing speed to Bowser's. Not too impressive? Try using F-Tilt before charging to double these statistics. Now, you can not only turn around, you become a dangerous massive moving grab hitbox. Better run for your life! Or at least time a successful counterattack...
[ 0% ]

Down Smash - Sumo Crush
Looks like Fat Bastard's been taking his sumo-wrestling seriously! The bloated illegitimate child claps his hands together before striking a crouching sumo pose, with moderate lag on either end. The priority he has is determined by the charge; it ranges from below average to high. The aftermath of the charge isn't an attack at all; however, if Fat Bastard comes in contact with a foe, or said foe hits him with an attack whose priority is inferior to his, he'll roar and counter them by stomping the character into the ground. The time he can grab after his charge varies from four to nine seconds. Your stomp deals 17-24%, depending on the charge, but only leaves the foe open to be grabbed. Which isn't a bad thing at all, seeing as how that's the way you'll be scoring your KOs...
[ 17-24% ]

Up Smash - Sumo Brutality
The charge-into-grabbing pose fashion of this move determines the same factors as Fat Bastard's D-Smash; in fact, it looks exactly and acts the same...at first. This time, Fat Bastard performs two very different sumo moves on his victim; the move used depends on the victim's gender. If the grabbed character is female or genderless, Fat Bastard simply throws the character forward over his head, in an exaggerated manner. This deals a light 8-9%, but has the potential to KO at 90%; in addition, you can aim the throw anywhere in front of Fat Bastard, making it his sole real non-grab KO move.

If the victim is male, however, Fat Bastard holds them in a lock, and asks them a question: "Yeh know what me favorite Helen Hunt movie is?" In response, he reaches down and squeezes the victim's sack and yells, "TWISTEH!" As you may guess, this deals a painful 16-17% and causes the male to collapse, in a position cradling their precious pearls for a second. Another grab set-up, me thinks? Great for photos too, especially if you pause at the second the cruel bastard clamps down.
[ 8-9% female or genderless, 16-17% male ]

AERIALS

Neutral Air - Sharing the Love
Fat Bastard spreads his arms stupidly, like Wario's N-Air without the spinning. This has better range and similar priority, with slightly more lag on either end. If the glutton comes into contact with an opponent, he yells out, "Com'mere, yeh!", squeezing them in an airborne bear hug and plummeting at a rapid pace.

There is a whole lot of landing lag, but...you actually want to land during this move. Fat Bastard deals a mere 1-2% per second while holding his victim. If he lands, however, he stuffs the foe down his throat, automatically grabbing them. Foes can mash out of his grasp with normal difficulty, meaning you'll want to shorthop this grab. Beware the flying fatman!
[ 1-2% per second ]

Forward Air - Mah Tittehs!
Fat Bastard makes a lunging motion with his upper half, causing his saggy tits to flop forward a moderate distance. There is very little lag at all or priority on this move, and it only stuns victims briefly. What's the use of it, then? Fat Bastard can swing his tittehs forward to rapidly interrupt any foe about to punish him from the front. Despite only dealing 4-5%, this can really help when coping with aerial-based opponents.
[ 4-5% ]

Back Air - Arse Crush
Fat Bastard casually enters a sitting position, calling out, "I think I soiled mahself!", with moderate lag on both ends. While the arse hitbox can have near unbeatable priority, this is only the case it the big lard puts his full weight behind the move by falling before executing it. The range is rather close, but provides for a devastating spike. Getting sat on deals 15-16% and insane vertical knockback to grounded foes; it can even KO off the top at 85%. Just make sure you don't whiff and crash land on the stage; landing lag is a bitch.
[ 15-16% ]

Up Air - Flailing for Food
Fat Bastard reaches upwards, flailing his arms above his head while smacking his lips. His head and arms reach up a short distance, having a low priority grab hitbox. If the tubby man gets ahold of a victim, he chomps his way up their legs while flailing, getting them in his belly from the bottom up. Once they are all the way in, he bends his head down and pukes them out for 10% and a decent spike. Although there is a good deal of lag on both ends and landing, Fat Bastard has fair side-to-side movement mid-move; you can potentially 'grab' a foe, DI offstage in the .5 second it takes to eat a victim, then spike them to their doom.
[ 10% ]

Down Air Substitute - Fat Man Fissure
What? No D-Air? Kupa, you 'originality' whore, you! Well, Fat Bastard indeed lacks a D-Air, but he far from lacks defense from his flabby underside. Whenver he lands onstage (sorry, no mid-air function), in addition to Bowser/DK/Dedede's ground-shaking rumbles on the Controller, a small, close-ranged shockwave is caused under the big man. While you'll have to be standing right next to the landing lard if not right under him to be hit, the shockwave has high priority. In addition, Fat Bastard suffers no additional landing lag, although his normal landing isn't exactly agile. The shockwave deals 6-8% and trips opponents handily. Foes will have be careful in case fast-falling enters the bastard's mind.
[ 6-8% ]

GRAB / THROWS

Grab - GET IN MAH BELLEH!
Here it is, the big boo-bah of Fat Bastard's playstyle. He crouches down slightly, opening his mouth wide, albeit not as disgustingly wide as Wario. Yeah, he can't eat his foes and yell the move title at the same time; that's what taunts are for. Anyways, when the glutton captures a victim with this close-ranged grab, he stuffs them down his gullet ravenously. He has around the same lag as Wario's grab, with slightly more on the end. Yeah, it's not the easiest to land; you'll need those stunners to land it consistently. Fortunately, Fat Bastard actually loses some lag from a dash. He can walk around with a captured foe identically to the penguin king, albeit slightly slower.
[ 0% ]

Pummel - Belleh Drum
Fat Bastard pounds his victim-stuffed stomach, damaging the swallowed character by 2%. This is not a very spammable pummel, but it adds a miniscule amount of knockback to each of the bastard's throws. Seeing as how these are already excellent for KOs, you'll probably want to pound your belleh once or twice before launching your victim.
[ 2% ]

Forward Throw - Collapse
Fat Bastard performs a Bowser D-Throw motion on the ground; that sure can't feel good for his swallowed victim. After his fall, the foe is launched forward diagonally with insane knockback that KOs at 60%. Buff that with some pummels, and you've got a good reason not to be grabbed. Because the bastard can build enough damage outside his throws, they don't deal amazing damage; this one only deals 7-8%. Use it near a walk-off edge for amazing results.
[ 7-8% ]

Back Throw - Asscrack Launch
Fat Bastard gets a shocked look on his face, pulling down his pants and yelling out, "I got a turtle 'ead pokin' out!" A split second later, the victim's head pokes out from his, er, backside, for a moment before they are shat out like a cork from a bottle. This is a lethal horizontal KO move that deals 9%, finishing off foes at around 70%. Not only can you KO easily with this, but before you 'throw' the character, Fat Bastard can aim his 'launch' up or down to send his victim careening into a hazard. Oh, and it's also great for pictures, seeing as how if you grab the bastard out of it, the foe's head will remain stuck in its position until the player mashes out. If they fail to do so, the third character's throw will damage both Fat Bastard and the victim.
[ 9% ]

Down Throw - Acidic Shake
Fat Bastard shakes his stomach around, chuckling as he shakes up his stomach juices. After a split second of this, the victim drops out with...no knockback? They still take 12-13%, so it's a worthy trade. In addition, any attack the victim is hit with for the next ten seconds deals an extra 5% fire damage to them from the painful acid. Your other three throws can KO fine on their own, so this is no serious detraction from the power of the fat man.
[ 12-13% ]

Up Throw - Belch of the Beast
Fat Bastard simply aims his head upwards and belches out the victim, completing his trifecta of deadly throws with a vertical launcher. This particular throw deals 6-7%, and can KO at around 65%. As this is between the KO potentials of the other two throws, there's a variety of possibilities for this throw, not the least of which is to use it near a top blast line.
[ 6-7% ]

FINAL SMASH

Final Smash - Sumo Ring
Fat Bastard stomps with a yell, shaking the ground two character widths in front of him. Land the stomp on at least one foe to proceed with the rest of the Final Smash. The victim(s) land in a generic sumo arena (spectated by a generic Japanese crowd, no less) half the size of Final Destination, as the fat fuck waddles in from the background in a black diaper.

For fifteen seconds, you play in this minuscule arena where Fat Bastard's throws can KO at very low percents; if you fly past the arena's ropes, you are KOed (despite the place being a bit larger). You have no buffs other than super armor, but if you (and only you) dash into a rope, you'll bounce off it. This turns your massive Warlordian body into a high-priority hitbox that deals 15% and knockback that KOs at 80%.
[ Varies ]

PLAYSTYLE

Fat Bastard brings his lethal tactics and insatiable appetite into Smash without missing a beat. Your focus when playing as the big guy absolutely must be to build damage with stunning moves, grab your opponent from the stun, and throw them for the KO. Don't get me wrong, he's just as powerful as any other heavyweight, if not moreso. He's just limited in the moves he can KO with, sans gimping. Plus, because he retains a speed reminiscent of molasses, you'll be needing your other incapacitating moves before you can launch your rival.

The obese Scot lacks amazing defense, so you'll want to approach right off the bat. Two primary forms of approach include Dash Attack and throwing D-Tilt diapers like banana peels. Both are rather easy to use, although you'll want to use their vulnerable state here to build damage, seeing as your grab won't KO them just yet. On the other hand, if you're facing a foe who needs time to prepare themselves from a range, ala Lightweight Female Protagonist, give yourself some preparations as well. Neutral Special to buff grab speed and F-Tilt to buff dashing speed immediately jump to mind. Both will help you out, seeing as the stats they buff are not that great by default, to say the least.

At close range, playing as Fat Bastard takes some strategic thought. He's loaded with stunning moves, but if you slip up and open yourself to punishment, punishment will come. Heaviest character in the game can last a long time? That may be, but his falling speed and size means he can be juggled with scary ease. Plus, once he's offstage, get him below the edge and you've just taken a stock from him. Super armor and horizontal range on his recovery do nothing for him down there.

Fortunately, there are stunners for nearly every situation that may come up. Meta Knight trying to come down on you from above with a flurry of aerials? Wave up an odorous waft to bring him to his knees...er, the ground. Bubbles gliding at you with her little ligthweight mechanic? Place a diaper in her path. F-Smash spammer trying to take advantage of you? Charge a D-Smash or U-Smas in their unsuspecting path. Really, your options are near boundless if you put your mind to it. Surprisingly enough, despite his lack of combos, you can really stack up some nice damage with the big guy. You just need to take things a step further to actually win. As good ol' Sakurai states on the DOJO!!, damage alone will not finish you in Smash.

Enter Fat Bastard's throws. After you've built enough damage, it's time to focus on landing that grab. Once you've stunned a foe now, either go for broke and rush in with a grab, or use the damaged foe's increased stun time to use Neutral Special. If you want to grab in other ways, you can always try shorthopping N-Air or dashing in with F-Smash. In the end, though, your basic grab is the best and simplest option. Your throw of choice will depend on which direction you wish to KO in. If you're on a high platform, go for an U-Throw. If you're going for the horizontal KO on a small stage, B-Throw is the one for you. F-Throw is your strongest throw, although it is not focused toward any real boundary. D-Throw and Pummel assist with damage-building and knockback, respectively.

The gluttonous bastard has a lot going for him if he can just land that grab. Make sure you mix things up with your stunners to avoid predictability. Falling victim to the trap of using only a few moves in your vast arsenal can be a player's biggest downfall. Winning will take some creativity, strategy, and gluttony, all of which Fat Bastard's moveset is in no shortage of. Laugh and grow fat!

MATCH-UPS

Vs. Morton Koopa Jr. - 65/35: Fat Bastard's Favor
Fat Bastard can prepare his power-ups while Morton prepares his various Specials between his pillars. Getting the slow fuck between your pillars can be rather easy at times, meaning he'll take a lot more damage than Morton initially. At least Fat Bastard will be sticking around anyways with his massive bulk.

When Morton goes on the offensive, Fat Bastard will be easily prepared to grab him. After all the time you've had to buff yourself, getting rid of any armbands Morton may have trapped him with will be a cinch. Morton's claws can muscle past several jointed moves the big lard may have, but he'll be hard-pressed against the likes of a thrown diaper or an Up Special shockwave to rival his own. In fact, said Up Special can even go under pillars in a similar manner to the Koopaling's own earthquakes! When it comes down to KOs, both characters need their stunning to pull it off. As the man armed with more stunners, Fat Bastard comes out on top. Plus, his KOs are more reliable to begin with, not hindering other primary moves if he somehow whiffs it.

Vs. King Dedede - 60/40: Fat Bastard's Favor
Seen that horrible traction stat of Fat Bastard's? Yep, he can't be infinited at all, leading to an actual match-up. Despite his lack of chain-grabbing, Dedede is far from defenseless. Due to the penguin king's great range with his hammer and Waddle Dees, Fat Bastard needs to use his ranged stunners, such as a thrown diaper or Up Special stomp to stun Dedede.

B-Air is Dedede's number one KO move against Fat Bastard, when you take to mind its amazing gimping abilities. However, you'll have to catch Fat Bastard in it and carry him all the way offscreen; his Side Special can still allow him to recover if he's above the stage. Dededecide is also not advisable, seeing as how Fat Bastard can break out and use aerial Up Special for a suicide spike. Both fatasses will be lasting a long time in this match-up, but when push comes to shove, Fat Bastard has more ways around Dedede's broken moves than vice versa.

Vs. Gluttony - 55/45: Fat Bastard's Favor
Battle of the gluttons: GO! While Gluttony is building his hunger with his drool puddle, Fat Bastard has his grab and speed to be buffing. There's sure to be a clash of titans when they actually get to each other! Fat Bastard will want to use a ranged stunner (besides a thrown diaper, which can be eaten) to incapacitate Gluttony, then get in there and knock him from his precious puddle. Once he has accomplished this, building damage is no large task. Gluttony will have trouble gimping Fat Bastard unless he grabs him and moves him below the edge, while U-Smash is futile, as the fat man doesn't need much air to land an N-Air. Fat Bastard pulls ahead in the KO phase here, although if the Gluttony player can gimp consistently, he has this in the bag.

Vs. Bowser - 45/55: Bowser's Favor
Why is Bowser among these match-ups of fatsos? He just has a big shell is all! Anyways, both characters will be fighting at close range here. Bowser's superior priority comes on top, while his range can outclass Fat Bastard's. This is where you'll have to play sneakily. If Bowser whiffs anything, you absolutely must stun him. Throw out a diaper or two, dance into him playing the bagpipes, whatever. Your only real hope for superior priority at close range is Up Special.

When it comes time to KO, Bowser's got Fire Breath to send his Warlordian opponent below the stage to his doom, not to mention a plethora of powerful Smashes. Fat Bastard must take advantage of any and all stuns he gets to KO Bowser. As a slight silver lining, Bowser's size is easy to hit continuously with stunners, even though Fat Bastard cannot combo. Either character can win, but Bowser pulls ahead more regularly due to more flexibility in terms of KO options.

Vs. Kirby - 40/60: Kirby's Favor
When Kirby sucks up Fat Bastard, speeding up his grab with chicken may seem useless, right? Well, as any true fat bastard knows, wimpily tossing foes around is not nearly good enough. Thus, Kirby inherits the glutton's throws (albeit keeping his normal grab speed) along with his facial hair and guard's hat. Both characters will be trying to grab each other for the KO, especially Kirby, due to having significantly better KO moves now.

Kirby has infinitely more versatility than Fat Bastard in the air; he can gimp away to his little heart's delight. In addition, he still has his mediocre Smashes if he needs them. The puffball's mobility makes it annoying to land a stunner at times, although U-Tilt does shut down some of his aerial game. Kirby takes longer to KO Fat Bastard due to his weight, while Fat Bastard can easily do so to Kirby should he slip up. Kirby is able to shut down the flabby fucker in more ways than vice versa, though, resulting in his victory.

Vs. Dead Hand - 30/70: Dead Hand's Favor
Dead Hand's limbs are a perfect little foil to Fat Bastard's grabs. That being said, Dead Hand staying away from the big fat slob gives him plenty of time to eat chicken and speed up his grab. At close range, Fat Bastard obliterates Dead Hand with superior range and power, stunning him in the process for his grabs.

Dead Hand will be taking damage much faster than Fat Bastard; even the mini-boss' weight would be a null point if it weren't for the tubby wrestler's KO techniques. See, if Dead Hand sets up his near lagless limbs craftily, you won't be able to pull off a single grab for a KO. Having to rely on inferior methods such as a gimp or close-ranged Up Special, Fat Bastard is completely out of his element.

Vs. Bear Hugger, King Hippo, and Pennywise - 35/35/10/20
Here come the champion eaters! When the battle starts, Hippo will nearly always be the first one targeted; massive size and double hitstun in a FFA? Might as well get a 'boot me' tattoo. Either way, the other three can form a rather temporary friendship to oust Hippo. In the process, though, Bear Hugger may want to try and sticky his gloves, while Fat Bastard buffs his grab/speed, and Pennywise sits back and cackles at his opponents' damage meters slowly rising as a result of possible friendly fire attacks in this alliance.

Either way, once the characters are down to the final 3, Fat Bastard and Bear Hugger will want to turn on the dancing clown as soon as possible. Despite his feeble frame, Pennywise has frightfully threatening tactics in a FFA. The clown is free to send out corpses and leeches to bog down the other two, as well as maybe throw a strong, laggy move into the fray. If he reaches the final 2 against either Fat Bastard or Bear Hugger, he'll have built up enough damage to scare his foe into a KO, hands down earning the win. The joint effort of the other two is enough to subdue him prematurely here, so do or, it else. Pennywise's traps and props won't stand a chance. Down goes the clown!

Now, it's the Canadian fat man versus the Scottish fat man. Both characters will need some space for their respective buffs, before closing the distance for an epic clash. Both characters will be KOing from the stage, seeing as how they're both equally gimpable. Bear Hugger has more KO options outside his grab, making him the seemingly more powerful one. Both characters will be taking damage rather rapidly in this match-up, while dying off slowly due to their massive weight. When it comes down to the wire, Fat Bastard is the more versatile character with his various stunners, being able to pepper the Canadian man with them. Bear Hugger needs more of an opening to KO his opponent, while Fat Bastard can just get in a stun, throw away Bear Hugger, and snicker as his overalls do nothing for him.

Man, that one-dimensional match-up seems dull as dishwater, eh? Well, Pennywise has a few tricks up his sleeve to place higher than third. If he wants to take a harder road than obliterating Hippo right off the bat, he can actually ally with him. Set up a corpse or trap for Hippo to hide behind, so he can strike out with his powerful moves for a hopeful KO. Stick around him and fend off the fat men trying to punish the laughing islander, and you're smooth to sail to the final 2. Once one fat man is eliminated, the other has no chance with their grab-based style against two characters. Even if one is grabbed, the other is free to punish the glutton/hugger.

At the final 2, Pennywise's faster moves give him the advantage against the punishable Hippo. One strike is all he needs? Pennywise can either pepper the fat fuck with leeches and the like (super armor doesn't defend from damage, invincibility frames do) to rack Hippo's damage up to the required amount, or even stall by floating/gliding out of his reach. Hippo will have a much harder time coming out on top due to more predictability; although it can be done in the hands of a proficient player, Pennywise isn't about to let all that hard work go to waste, now is he? A fairly interesting free-for-all that can vary drastically depending on who takes control of the social (a.k.a. alliance) game.

ANIMATIONS

Up Taunt - Pre-Grab Request
You know it, you love it; Fat Bastard yells out, "GET IN MAH BELLEH!", patting his stomach during each word. This is why taunts need to exist nowadays: sheer epicness factor. Now we can see players pull this off before landing an epic successful grab-to-throw KO combo and put the video on YouTube to get hundreds of thousands of views!

Side Taunt - Controversial Diet
Fat Bastard announces in a loud voice, "I ATE A BABEH!"

Down Taunt - Uncomfortable Attire
Fat Bastard holds his crotch and declares, "Jeepahs creepahs, this diapah's makin' mah nuts rub togethah! It's gonna start a fiyah!"

Entrance - Earthquake
Fat Bastard slowly and dramatically stomps in from the background, shaking the stage violently in the process. Upon reaching the stage, he roars, "Firs' things firs'! Where's the shittah?" As Dr. Evil would put it, "Charming..."

Victory Pose #1 - Sumo Winner
Fat Bastard stands aside a generic Asian sumo judge, who announces the Scot's victory in Japanese. The big guy roars and strikes menacing poses for a while, before turning to the judge and asking, "Are we done yet? I gotta take a crap!"

Victory Pose #2 - Bathroom Break
Fat Bastard is nowhere to be seen, although offstage, his voice can be heard singing 'On Top of Spaghetti', complete with his Scottish accent we know and love. Every few words, he'll groan as if taking a dump before continuing his song. After a little while, Fat Bastard can be heard, yelling in shock: "What the...I DIDN'T HAVE ANEH CORN!"

Victory Pose #3 - Mah Milkshake
Fat Bastard gently fondles his tittehs while singing, "Mah milkshake brings all the boys to the yard..." He'll continue for a while if you actually leave the results screen on to watch. If you're bored, it may be worth doing.

Victory Pose Against a Female - Night 'O Hot Sex
Fat Bastard lies in his favorite position: between a heaping mound of chicken and the female loser. He is seen gorging on chicken, occasionally leaning over to the disgusted female and uttering comments such as, "I'm dead sexeh!" or "Do yeh want chicken? I have som'more..."

Loss Pose - Fat Man's Applause
Fat Bastard claps with a disappointed angry look on his face. It seems that his claps utter the same shockwaves that his stomping does, as the screen shakes around the other characters. Occasionally, he may whisper threateningly, "Yer luckeh, wee man! Argh!"

EASTER EGGS

• If an attack hits Fat Bastard in between the legs, he'll moan, "Ooh, right in the mommeh-daddeh button!"
  • If a character grabs Fat Bastard around his chest area, he'll scream, "AWW, MAH TITTEHS!" This and the above egg only occur the first time this occurs each stock.
  • Whenever Fat Bastard begins a match against a character smaller than Mario, he'll declare in shock, "Jesus Chris', 'e's tineh! I got biggah chunks 'o corn in mah crap!
  • Fat Bastard's B-Throw has an interesting effect on two characters. If used on the Great Mighty Poo, it deals no damage whatsoever to him, while if used on Onishiba/F-Tilt Man, it actually heals him the 9% it would normally deal.

THERE YA GO, HR!

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Ah yes, besides Silver this was the other big set I was looking fowards to, and while it's not the same "ZOMG epic" feel as Silver, that's replaced with constant lulz.

You really captured the personality of the disgusting Scot with all those farting moves, the eating, and those tittehs...good lord, and we thought Macho Man's flexing was disturbing. You took that character and made some very interesting moves with it, such as increasing his dash speed with FTilt and countering other dashes with his Dash Attack. The Dair subsitute was a pretty clever idea though not as clever as Sauren's Bair doing more damage up close. And still other moves were just plain luzly like his Side-Special, Up-special, and that infamous BThrow. USmash was fun, but no gender-specific move will ever top Spadefox's Bthrow. (h)

Playstyle-wise, I thought this was a Warlord moveset at first. Grabgrabgrabgrabgrab. Of course, you did manage to get in a surprising amount of uniquess and depth to him with his bazillion stunning moves and his 2 counter-attacks. As Warlord mentioned in the chat, it was nice to see a super-heavyweight who's not campy and ultra-defensive, but his stunners at least give him enough defensive momentum that he's not a blind rushdowner or combo-heavyweight either.

Overall, this was another solid set from Bkupa. I'm not sure I'd call it your best, but it was certainly up there, and like Morton this would be such a fun character to play that I have to appreciate the effort that went into making him. It's nice to see MYM once again focus on what would actually be fun to play.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
FAT BASTARD
I was extremely skeptical of this set as I was reading through it, as you saw in the chat. I honestly wasn’t expecting much coming in, but it was a much more enjoyable experience then I expected with actual literal lulz and a playstyle that’s relatively unique with all the stunning involved. Granted, it’s nothing earth shattering, but it doesn’t really fall into any of the many overdone genres and is surprisingly somewhat offensive (Unlike Bear Hugger. Somehow a character with moves that go through grabs was defensive. (ono)). This is also quite possibly your most flowing set ever and is nearly completely free of all your various negative clichés. I was surprised at the creativity involved with nearly no “tacked on” effects. The jab is the closest thing we got to one, and seeing that was ripped straight from one of his very limited fighting scenes it’s hard to complain. This is also without a doubt your best set of match-ups that are for the most part accurate. I was surprised how well you pulled off the FFA match-up in particular and was very excited when it took a turn for the better at the end.

Organization. . .The various gifs at the start are quite eye drawing and are the main thing that caused me to start the set so slowly and fall behind HR, and while they’re good I wish they weren’t all so close together. Probably not worth the awkwardness of putting standards/tilts after smashes, so the complaint’s for the most part pretty void and it’s better having them then not at all. The match-ups were only further enhanced by your choice of making all MUs against gluttonous characters, and you slightly covered some non obese characters in the playstyle section. While Hades had a more unique playstyle, I can’t say it flowed nearly as well as this and he certainly had a lot more real flaws then Fat Bastard. Quite possibly your best set yet.

caterpie
i liked the actual moveset decent, but it needs moar detail. this detail level hurts caterpie in particular seeing his moves have a lot more potential to be explored, and if you had more room for detail you could include butterfree in an alternate post. i also find it stupid that butterfree is only “almost overpowered” when you have to do so much work to play as him, but. . .balance. that’s not our job, according to you, so whatever. and you didn’t actually make butterfree anyway so that’s a rather obscure nitpick. i feel that this approach would’ve been better used on another set such as jolteon (who has significantly grown on me, i regret his not placing in the mym 6 top 50. obviously a bit late, but oh well.). would've fit him like a glove, seeing his mechanic is his playstyle and the moves don't need that much explaining. yeah noobish is fitting to caterpie’s character, but it ruins a playstyle that i like and see a lot more potential in. to make it clear if this commentary was too negative, yes, i do like this set, but i’m obviously not it’s biggest fan.

Katapultar

Smash Lord
[size=+3]Fat B[/size]
This looks like a hilarious set to add into the funny sets of MYM7 along with Super Macho Man and Caterpie. I love funny sets. I think this is almost the Pennywise of MYM7 for me, and Pennywise was one of my favourite sets of MYM6 which I SVed for back then. Actually, this set was so ****ing funny to read, I loved it.

Anyways, he's a set-up character whom wants to grab his foe, I see. The set seemed proppy like Pennywise (No offense on that at all), and perhaps some of the moves were not totally necessary, as it's weird that FB has multiple ways to grab even though it's part of his playstyle. KOing a foe so early with FB would truly be epic. Though the D-throw seems okay since FB doesn't have any great damaging moves. It would be deadly in a team battle. The playstyle isn't super uber mega epic, but the humour IS. Like you said, you bought taunts back, and the throws, tilts, taunts, so much of it was funny. Funniest set so far? Yes. Will it be beaten? Maybe.

Funny sets are entertaining and this is so far a SV for me despite it being a bit too early to say so. Well done for presenting such a epic set!

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Fat *******
At first I thought "Now Warlord finally reveals that he, in fact, is Kupa", as this set relies so heavily on grabs. ;P

Joking aside, this moveset is really great. I saw all 3 Austin Powers movies, so I know the quotes you used. This moveset is completely in character, something that not all too many movesets manage to do.

It's also very funny to read. I never really liked the gross humour of that character, but you pulled it off quite well, and it still was rather entertaining.

I like the use of gifs, and I love the recovery move.

Overall, great work. :3

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
@Fat *******: He's nasty.

That said, he makes for a really cool moveset! The GIFs were a nice touch, though I've seen the Austin Powers movies enough times to know what you were talking about. He has great attacks all-around, though I think you could've still come up with some sort of actual D-air attack (his extra landing move is great, however). Also, his Up Special seems out of place (it'd make more sense to me if it and his Side Special were possibly switched around while allowing him to gain altitude with the Ultimate Wire-Fightin' Manuever).

Overall though, it's a very funny and cool set that's quite true to Fat *******'s character. Great job BKupa! :bee:

@Onishiba: Hey there!

darth meanie

Smash Journeyman
Fat Bastard

So, we've all heard a lot about this set. That we would love it, that we would hate it, and that you would yell at all of us for our character bias. Well, here it is. I'm certainly glad that this set wasn't nearly as controversial as you had originally depicted it, because you've certainly had to deal with similar problems before.

On to the concept, it's fairly good. Fatso here has some well-defined strengths, weaknesses, and goals to succeed. He's also fairly well built around his various ways to try to actually get the grab for the KO.

There were a few things I didn't like though. The Forward Tilt was a stat booster of all things, and instead of doing any damage, it increased his speed; that's an odd choice for a tilt. There probably was another way you could have implemented him increasing his speed without a flow-breaking tilt being completely devoted to it. This felt especially egregious after you already had another special devoted to a boosting himself up, when that wasn't even particularly a focus of his set, when he already had several stunners.

Normally, I would also complain about the props, but they all seem so in character, well thought out, and fitting to playstyle that I cannot complain about the fact that he throws soiled diapers. A fact, that I assure you, distresses me greatly. On the other hand though, I can complain about moves that had some weird twists that you added in. That the pummel he used could be countered to flip him over, but only by another pummel was a strange caveat; the Up Smash's male / female different effects were a similar issue, but it appears to have been in character (and done for funny rather than mechanics).

This is a more minor nitpick, but I still don't see why you couldn't put in a down aerial into Fat *******. Simply removing that input doesn't make any sense except for the sake of creativity itself. On the other hand though, the extra effect of the Up Special is functionally a down aerial anyways, so I can't really hold it against you, but say that it would have been better if that had been his dair to begin with.

He seems a tad overpowered, since he has so many various ways to get a grab, and can kill at such low percentages, but any balance issue would be part of the kill percentages, not a problem specific to the moveset itself.

I actually liked this set. I had a lot of nitpicks for it, but in the end, none of them were really significant problems or things you didn't take care of in another area. The fact is, despite all my complaints, this moveset doesn't really have much to complain about at all; I'm just that good at complaining about movesets.

So good job BKupa. This really is a good set.

The ******* kept his character very well which I enjoy, while he also utilized his KO moves in a way I can picture The ******* actually wanting to kill someone with. Well done on that front.

goldwyvern

Smash Ace
Fat *******
At first I thought "Now Warlord finally reveals that he, in fact, is Kupa", as this set relies so heavily on grabs. ;P

Joking aside, this moveset is really great. I saw all 3 Austin Powers movies, so I know the quotes you used. This moveset is completely in character, something that not all too many movesets manage to do.

It's also very funny to read. I never really liked the gross humour of that character, but you pulled it off quite well, and it still was rather entertaining.

I like the use of gifs, and I love the recovery move.

Overall, great work. :3
Might want to check the EASTER EGGS section there, SpOnishiba.

Also, you better do a good job with Pharoah Man. He's my favorite master robot.

THE MORBIDLY OBESE SCOTTISH MAN WHO IS VERY RUDE:

This guy was a good read. I personally only have watched one Austin Powers movie in entirety (Goldmember), but I still recognized everything that you took from that movie. The entire thing is extremely true to character if anything. The descriptions were a bit disturbing in the fact that you apparently like to censor dodge WAY too much than you should. If anything, it is my favorite set of yours, Kupa, and the 2nd best movie-based moveset Ive ever read, behind Romero.

Kris121

Smash Journeyman
So hey everyone! I would just like to let everyone know I'm still alive. Yeah no one cares about me... But! to make this post useful I read Fat ******* and here's what I think.

First off is he in his scottish uniform or in his sumo uniform because most of the gifs show the sumo costume and his first picture shows the scotish uniform

I especially liked (typed up as I go) the side special idea. Neutral special's relevance to the moveset. I liked how the neutral combo is different then normal combos yet imaginable. I like the forward and up smash alot they are cool. The aerials are good for aerials and the throws are great!

I was confused by the forward tilt, do you keep the charge until you run or do you run as soon as the move is over because then it would make more sense to make it as his dash. Is his down tilt very close to diddy kong's nannerz or is it completely different because thats what it reminded me of.

I am making a caterpillar set and yeah i'll actually do it.

Apemasta'

Smash Cadet
Family's been staying with us the past couple days, and will be for a bit, so consider my first submission on a mini-hiatus.

Oh, ad I did read Caterpie, but I honestly can't think what to say about him - well played, K. Rool. Loved him, eagerly awaiting Butterfree. Mechanic and writing style were hilariously great.

Volke
- Yay, one of my favorite units. :D
- Some beefs with Miracle. 25% is incredibly high for such a game-making/breaking skill. Probably wanna rethink the statistics for it.
- Ew, black font. :s I think I speak for a lot of people when I say that that's a bit of a feaux pas. VERY hard to read.
- I'd imagine Volke much taller... Around Ike's height, for sure.

- Invisibility seems to be pretty popular this MYM. I definitely see it's warrant - it's Volke. I must ask, though, why the increase in jump height? Also, can Volke activate Shade before 2 minutes for less time? 2 minutes is a lot to bet on in a competitive match.
- Critical is a bit hard to understand - clarify on how high this goes?
- I was about to comment on Pickpocket's generic concept, but then you added stealing charges. Interesting..
- Guard is a curious move. I like the concept on a whole, but mentioning the priority for a move of this nature would be a great idea.

- No real qualms with the tilts themselves, but I'm already getting a real... for lack of a better term, standard vibe. Things like Miracle and his FTilt give Volke great potential for an interesting playstyle, but it's not going to turn out if you don't make the set flow together well. The FTilt is a perfect example; combine with attacks that draw the opponent to Volke's position and boom - instant fun.

- I can tell you have a grasp on playstyle. Volke's Fair is the perfect example of a move that flows with Volke's ability to recover from an otherwise deadly attack.
- With that, the organization (barring the near-invisible black font) is great on this set. Clean up a bit of writing and typos, and your sets will get plenty of attention. Volke is a step up from Reyson (who I actually quite enjoyed), but you still need to work on taking the character from Smash proper into the more flowing playstyles of MYM. :)

Morton Koopa Jr.
- Just finished NSMBWii, so perfect timing - I'm in a Koopaling mood.
- o lawd trap character? (If Lemmy could do it, so can his older bro...)

- Doom Pillars is quite the unique move, and anyone who's played through Ludwig's castle in the aforementioned game will know it's wrath... The lack of recovery is definitely a concern on Morton's part, but are the pillars themselves? Can they hurt/bury him as well?
- Shell Charge answers just about any questions on Doom Pillars. XD Great job - you've impressed me considerably after two moves.
- Interesting spin on Fireball, though a bit wordy?
- Can't say I quite understand the inspiration for Claw Extension, but if the boot fits.

- Love FTilt's Pillar interaction, and I was waiting for the stunning stomps. :)
- Yeesh, Headbutt can KO at 65%? Heavy hitter, indeed.
- Kudos on Earthquake's verbatim copy of Superstar Saga. More Pillar interaction, yay!

- Wall Walker definitely augments Morton's otherwise sketchy recovery. I assume this also answers the question of whether or not the pillars hurt him..
- Ooh, high-risk/high-reward Bair. How can you call him adopted with so many of his father's traits? (*cough*Mortoncide*cough*)
- 360 Slash continues to impress with the flow of is Down Special. Shino, take notes! :)
- FThrow sounds deadly...

- Loved Morton, definitely gets my "Would Totally Play As" Seal of Approval! :)

Frf

Smash Apprentice
BKupa: Making sets for strange heavyweights since 1886
-Eating chicken=Being able to grab faster. Love the logic, although I'm not saying the neutral special is bad. Just kinda funny.
-Haha, the side special seems fun.
-The Junahu's hate for keep-running dash attacks joke is getting a tad old.
-I do love the fact that you mention and hint at the all-important grab and throws beforehand instead of just throwing it at us at the last minute.
-Unique Mechanic: He doesn't have a down air! INNOVATION.

-I don't know if I like stat-upping moves in a set or not....Eh, it fits here I suppose.
-Two of those diapers seems like too much. One would be plenty, yet even then it's a prop. Lets see how it'll come to play in the rest of the set.....
-I'm curious what he would do to Marth in the up smash.
-The forward air is ART.
-I don't care if the back air has bad lag or not; kills at 85% yet you keep mentioning that the grab is the only real way to kill.
-The dair substitute is decent enough.

-Forward throw would scare me.
-Filler status effect on the down throw...
-lol, Warlordian body.
-TYPOOOOOOO*ninja's lamp*
-Oh my god, a make your mover that actually was nice when talking about Sakurai! I declare this a massive leap forward for MYM as a whole.
-THE WRATH OF THE SOMEWHAT BALANCED MATCH-UPS.

I like this guy. You did a lot better here than with Klubba, and everything comes together reasonably well. You could've had the throws after the specials or something; breaking the standard organization rules for the sake of the playstyle isn't a bad thing at all. But it works either way so I'm not too mad. Wish you could've mentioned the specials more in the playstyle, though.

Overall fun set. I like what you've done with this very special character.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
Faht Bastahd

he seems...somewhat op. i mean, no matter how slow he is, if his opponent cant play keepaway for long, hes gonna get hit by a trap move, and then its just a case of dsmash, usmash, (fsmash if male), sh uair or nair, and suddenly youve got your opponent inside your belleh with 50% damage. Speaking of which, you dont explain what happens if you land with your opponent in your mouth from uair, or what happens if you perform the input for dair

however, it was a fun read, true to character, and had a very coherent playstyle, all of which are pluses. Having watched the AP movies, i lol'd at the quotes i remembered, and the gifs were good too (*note to self*). Its just...half your moves are grabs and the other half set up for a grab (hyperbole). regardless of how slow he is (and hes kinda scary if hes allowed to speed up o_0) i think hed have a bit of snake syndrome: massive weight makes up for other gross shortcomings. Maybe im not imagining him right, but im just not feeling the love. Buttt, on the other hand, i can see him getting counterpicked hardcore to stages like norfair or rainbow cruise, so that could balance him out.

one minor thing, a few of the titles were difficult to read

not that its a bad set, im just better at complaining about the few things i dont like than the many things i do...so, short critiques from me are better than long ones :p

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Still working my way through the movesets posted so far one by one, and why not do it now, so I can bump us from our humiliating second page position? I wonder how much longer I can keep on reading everything posted...

So, first on my list following up on Subaru seems to be Marina, quite a forgotten set. I guess that's what quiet newcomers get, unfortunately. If you're still here and care about my opinion, I feel Marina shows a lot of potential. There's a lot of self-awareness in this moveset - yeah, a lot of attacks are generic, but you show through writing style that you're well aware of it and it may even be partially deliberate. This feels like a labour of love sort of deal, and it's actually pretty fun to go through. Feels very fitting. Aside from advising you to check out others' movesets, I implore you to put specials first from now on. They're so important to the moveset, after all.

Further down the page, we have Predator, and may I just say, Frf, that I'm overjoyed that you've decided to become more active? You've always been a sort of cult MYMer, popping up only sporadically with immensely fun, creative sets that only a select attentive few have noticed and appreciated. And for the record, I did vote for Hitmonchan. ;)

And here's a very well-made set. I do question how practical such an intrinsic emphasis on invisibility would be, but then again I made Umbreon so I really have no right to be talking. Predator is very clever in his simplicity, like all of your sets, and boasts a very nicely written playstyle section to go with a very unique playstyle indeed. "Hunter" sets are always fascinating, and they've been done so rarely in the past; you've pulled it off with aplomb and without ever staggering the mind with overcomplicated attacks. I'm very fond of the Side Special, and its ramifications - Predator pelts the opponent with projectiles until they lose their nerve, then stalks them and deals the finishing blow. Bonus points for that clever NAir/BAir interaction. My favorite set of the week so far, but I've really only read... two... -_-

Revolver Ocelot is so intimidating... I'll get around to him et al tomorrow, perhaps.

Koppakirby

Smash Cadet
The first remix!? I hate being first!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lSESTIWh7Ehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lSESTIWh7Ehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lSESTIWh7E

Immaculate in his medical garb, Dr. Mario destroys killer viruses with his amazing vitamin capsules. With his dedicated nurse, Princess Peach, at his side, Dr. Mario spends day and night in his laboratory working on new miracle cures. Somehow he's managed to keep up with all the new viruses that have arisen over the years.​

Dr. Mario in Melee was a stronger, better, Mario. In Brawl, he's not quite that. However, his Virus Busting skills are an important part of his playstyle and his character. Just like his roots, Dr. Mario's Brawl-style Remix is sure to be a puzzle-game experience!

Stats

• Weight ~ 5
• Run ~ 7
• Fall ~ 5
• Traction ~ 6
• Power ~ 4
• Attack Speed ~ 6
• Jump ~ 6
• Wall Jump: Yes
• Wall Cling: No
• Fly: No
• Float: No
• Crouch: Yes
• Crawl: Yes

Dr. Mario isn't much different from Mario actually. He's a little less powerful, but that doesn't take away from the experience in the slightest. Actually, it adds to the differences that were added to turn Dr. Mario from Clone to Original Character.

Mechanics

1. Virus Busting
The Gimick that all the good sets seem to have these days is quite a confusing one. Dr. Mario uses his megavitamins to deal extra damage to opponents inflicted with a virus that matches the color of the pills thrown at them. Simply put, the Doctor can diagnose opponents with his grab as being infected with one of 3 viruses(Red, Blue, or Yellow). He can then throw his Megavitamins at the opponents with his neutral special, which will deal more damage when at least one side of the pill matches the color virus the opponent has(The color virus will shop up next to the opponent's percentage). If both sides match the color of the virus, it deals a whopping 4 times standard damage! Next to Dr. Mario's percentage their are 2 columns, one that says 'Next' over it, and one that says 'Later' over it. The 'Next' column will display the next pill the doctor will throw, the 'later' column showing the one he will throw after that. The Specials contain ways on managing the pills, read them well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdoZB76txX0&feature=relatedhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdoZB76txX0&feature=relatedhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdoZB76txX0&feature=related

Neutral Special ~ Megavitamin
Dr. Mario spawns a pill(The one in the 'Next' Column) and throws it forward at abut 1.2 times the speed of Mario's Fireball. They travel as such. If a megavitamin that doesn't match the virus hits an opponent, it deals 5% damage with light knockback. If one side matches, it deals 9% damage with medium knockback. If both sides match, then it does a amazing 15% damage with heavy knockback and possible freeze.

Megavitamins come in six color combinations of red, blue, and yellow. Dr. Mario uses these capsules by tossing them into contaminated bottle to destroy viruses. The origin of these wonder pills is a mystery, but the most likely theory is that they're the result of Dr. Mario's lifelong efforts to find a cure for the common cold.​

Side Special ~ Switcheroo
Dr. Mario pulls 2 Megavitamins(Both from the columns) and flips them in the air. He then grabs them and puts them back into his labcoat. This swaps the position of the next and later pills. This switch takes only a second to complete, but still puts Doc open for attack while he does it. Is it worth the time? Yes! Actually, there's a chance you'll get a double pill of a random color when using this move in the 'Next' slot. It's a tad rarer then a 9 in Game&Watch's judge move, however. Also, this move takes almost no time to execute in air, only a quarter-second.

Up Special ~ Pill-a-pult
Dr. Mario spawns a rather large Megavitamin(The one fom the next box, still) underneath him. Then the pill flips upright, catapulting Dr. Mario at a 60 degree angle the distance of Luigi's side special when it's almost fully charged, then the pill vanishes. This has a bit of starting lag, but provides good lift and distance. The pill vanishes for good after the attack, and any opponent that comes in contact with Dr. Mario while he's soaring through the air suffers 9% damage and above medium, but less than heavy knockback(Short and sweet, eh?).

Down Special ~ Randomize
Doc pulls out 3 pills and juggles them for about a second before putting them away. This, as odd as it may seem, randomizes the pills in Doc's arsenal. The pill types in Doc's columns are now completely random. Well, not quite. Similar to the Side Special, Double Pills will appear More Frequently, but still not enough to make Doc Broken, as this attack still has a good amount of lag.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6UmnXlMs68&feature=relatedhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6UmnXlMs68&feature=relatedhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6UmnXlMs68&feature=relatedhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6UmnXlMs68&feature=related

Jab ~ Foot Tapper
One of Dr. Mario's only animations in the original game was simply taping his foot. However, now he viciously stomps forward, slamming the opponent with his foot as his jab. A bit lengthy of a jab, but deals 3% damage with light knockback.

Dash Attack ~ Thwack
Dr. Mario streches his hand out while running and swings it out with a huge 'THWACK!' sound. Well, only if it connects. If it does connect, however, the opponent takes 6% damage and medium knockback.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vjT6DjUN24&feature=relatedhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vjT6DjUN24&feature=relatedhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vjT6DjUN24&feature=related

Forward Tilt ~ Rotation
Dr. Mario thrusts out his hands in a grabbing motion. If this attack makes contact with a opponent(Except for Story Mode bosses and other gigantic enemies) the Doc will flip the opponent onto its side and let it fall to the ground, immobilizing him/her for about a second as s/he gets up. This attack deals a minor 4% damage with no knockback, just a effect.

Up Tilt ~ Roof Raise
Dr. Mario 'raises the roof' by giving 3 upward thrusts with his hands. Each Thrust deals 3% damage with light knockback, so there is a good chance opponents at low damage will get hit by all three hits. There is little time between each hit.

Down Tilt ~ Breakdance
Because it's such a good way to exercise, Dr. Mario Begins to Breakdance as Mario Remix does above. This Leg sweeping motions has a 10% possibility of tripping the opponent, little lag and deals 5% damage with Light knockback. This isn't move theft! I swear!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_e3Mvh4qcuQ&feature=relatedhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_e3Mvh4qcuQ&feature=relatedhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_e3Mvh4qcuQ&feature=related

Forward Smash ~ Reflex Test
Dr. Mario pounds the opponent with his fist, not exactly the best way to test reflexes, but it works. Anyway, this has okay range, reaching about another Doc in front of Doc, but hits opponents downwards, not upward or forward. Uncharged it deals 6% damage with medium knockback, charged 10% damage with a tad more than medium knockback.

Up Smash ~ Shrug
One of Dr. Mario's principal animations in the original was shrugging and putting his hands up in the air, to his sides, whenever you lost. In this move, he shrugs, and brings his hands up as far as they can reach, dealing 2% damage with 2% damage and light knockback from the shrug and 7% damage and heavy knockback uncharged, same knockback and 10% damage charged from the arm thrusts.

Down Smash ~ Dr. Tornado
Dr. Mario spins around, his hands held out, for a total of 2 seconds, finishing with double punches to the sides. Yup, this Melee move returns to the fray! This attack deals 2% damage light knockback per second caught in it, and 6% heavy knockback damage with the finisher uncharged. 3% light knockback per second, and 8% damage heavy knockback finisher charged.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yeFjqau81U&feature=relatedhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yeFjqau81U&feature=relatedhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yeFjqau81U&feature=related

Neutral Aerial ~ Gyrodoc
Dr. Mario curls himself into a ball and spins around in the air for a second before unfurling. While it does have a bit of startup and ending lag, the attack does a solid 6% damage with medium knockback.

Forward Aerial ~ Spike!
As if the opponent was a volleyball, Dr. Mario spikes them downward. Although it has a tad more than average starting lag, it deals 8% damage with heavy downwards knockback.

Back Aerial ~ Checkup
Dr. Mario turns around and whisks his opponent up into the air with his palms. This attack deals 6% damage with moderate upwards knockback.

Up Aerial ~ Super Jump Punch
Dr. Mario makes the old new again by bringing back a classic move. Dr. Mario performs a small leap upwards and pounds the opponent above him at the time with his fist, coins popping out of the opponent like so. However, although seems identical to the melee move, it actually travels half the distance of Mario Up Special. Attack Deals 7% damage and light knockback.

Down Aerial ~ Holding Down
Dr. Mario straightens out his body and points his feet downward, hurling his body down until he reaches an opponent or another solid surface. Getting his with this drill kick deals 8% damage and medium downwards knockback.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfCfVDJ-2PU&feature=relatedhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfCfVDJ-2PU&feature=relatedhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfCfVDJ-2PU&feature=related

Grab ~ Diagnose
Dr. Mario reaches out and clasps his opponent, feeling their forehead to check if they have a fever during the grab. This grab has rather long range(Twice the Range of Mario's) because it is a key part of his playstyle. Once he grabs someone, their virus(Chosen at random) is displayed next to their stock bar or on by a slight discoloration(You can turn the discoloration on and off in settings). Once someone is KO'd however, and they come back, they will have a random, un-shown virus and must be diagnosed again.

Pummel ~ Super Sheet
Dr. Mario smacks the opponent with part of his coat, doing light damage. However, this pummel does have one use besides being a pummel, as any non-grabbed characters near Dr. Mario will be flipped around when it is used. Not terribly useful, but a nice tribute nonetheless. This pummel does 2% damage.

Forward Throw ~ Prescription
Dr. Mario throws the opponent forward 2.5 Bowser's length and follows this up by throwing a pill(Which travels like and at the speed of a Ray Gun Shot) at the opponent. The pill keeps all the same stats from the neutral special.

Back Throw ~ Around the Back
Dr. Mario crumples the opponent up to a pill-sized pulp, and rolls it off his shoulders and backflips(6% damage, medium knockback) it away.

Up Throw ~ Phobia of High Paces
That's what the opponent will have after this attack. Dr. Mario crouches down for a full 2 seconds, but it's worth it, as then he'll uppercut the opponent into the air the height of 3.5 Gannondorfs, dealing a ridiculous 17% damage! However, the uppercut can actually miss the opponent 40% of the time.

Down Throw ~ Blindness
Dr. Mario does something un-doctor like(Of course, he does this a lot) and jabs the opponent in the eyes and trips him or her, dealing 1% damage for eye stab, and 6% damage plus light knockback for trip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G31uDi8WfNU&feature=relatedhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G31uDi8WfNU&feature=related
Final Smash ~ Difficulty Slider

Dr. Mario grabs a Smash Ball! What horrors will he unleash upon his foes? Well, suddenly a pink and blue slider appear next to Dr. Mario, set a '0'. Dr. Mario cranks the slider to maximum power, after which it vanishes. Suddenly, a swarm of Red, Blue, and Yellow Viruses(Each about half the size of Pokeball) swarm the stage and latch onto opponents, dealing 1% damage per second. The amount of viruses is 60, so this is killer in a one-on-one match. There is no max amount of viruses that can latch onto someone either. This is great for racking up damage fast, and lasts for 20 seconds before the difficulty returns to normal. Also, Pills all do One-Half-Matches damage during to someone infected with more than one virus.

Virus-
These contagious viruses make life difficult for Dr. Mario. They infect everything they come into contact with, and the good doctor must attempt to neutralize them with his trusty megavitamins. Dr. Mario can stop these pesky germs by lining up the megavitamin capsules of the same color with the nasty microorganism.​

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oz5Cs3gAZzQ&feature=relatedhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oz5Cs3gAZzQ&feature=relatedhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oz5Cs3gAZzQ&feature=related

As you read through this set, you must be scratching your head, going 'What? How do I play this guy?' Well, I'm glad that you asked, as I will tell thou.

The key to playing as the good Doctor is, as you may have guessed, his pills. However, for the pills to start being of advanced use, you need to grab the opponent. Here's a couple strategies on how. The Down Aerial is a good way to surprise opponents, slamming right down next to them and grabbing. Catching them in the down smash is also a good way to grab them. And bombarding them with pills, getting closer and closer with each throw is good as well.

Now that you've grabbed them, you can continue the plan by either throwing them or letting go and start matching pills. Of course, throwing the opponent could give you more time to match pills. Anyway, here are some pill matching strategies. If you've got a matching pill, save it for when it's needed using the side special. The Side and Down Specials are also good ways to generate pills, hoping you'll find a double one. Make sure you find a good place away from the action to do this, however.

Next up are the non-special based strategies. The forward aerial combined with the down aerial can be a powerful combonation. Also, they can both be used as meteor smashes. Comboing the forward tilt and the jab are also pretty good together. Heck, make sure you rotate the opponent a lot. Heck, doing that while a double pill matching the opponent is next can stun him, leaving him open for that pill.

Dr. Mario's playstyle heavily revolves around his pill mechanic, hopefully you'll be able to figurte out his complicated playstyle and score some KOs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsws40vbFyw&feature=relatedhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsws40vbFyw&feature=relatedhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsws40vbFyw&feature=relatedhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsws40vbFyw&feature=related

Idle ~ Dr. Mario holds his hands behind his back, and taps his foot. Sometimes takes one arm out from behind his back and checks the time.

Walk ~ Dr. Mario, hands still curled behind his back, marches forward.

Run ~ Dr. Mario runs forward in a NSMBWii-esque way.

Crouch ~ Dr. Mario bends down and holds his head. While crawling, he does this while simply waddling.

Dizzy ~ Dr. Mario falls on his behind, his eyes swirling.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pc-EP-0xEDQhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pc-EP-0xEDQ

Up Taunt
Juggles 3 random types of Megavitamins.

Down Taunt
Swallows a Megavitamin, and becomes Metal Mario for a second, before reverting to normal.

Side Taunt
Dr. Mario turns to the screen and says 'An apple a day!'

Symbol: Megavitamin

Victory Theme
1-13 of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EXwmYhCHKM

Victory Pose 1
Dr. Mario and Nurse Peach stand next to each other, holding hands. (Awwwwww)

Victory Pose 2
Dr. Mario throw an all-red pill at a Red Virus, eliminating it.

Victory Pose 3
Dr. Mario crosses his arms and says 'Another patient Cured!'

Defeat Pose
Dr. Mario shrugs, as all 3 types of viruses circle him.

Entrance
Jumps out of a beaker filled with Viruses, which vanishes.

Trophies

Dr. Mario
Megavitamin
Difficulty Slider
Viruses

Stickers

Dr. Mario(Large)
Dr. Mario(Small)
Megavitamin(Small)
Red Virus(Medium)
Blue Virus(Medium)
Yellow Virus(Small)

Alt costumes

Black Coat
Metallic Coat
Light Blue Coat
Fire Flower Coat
Dr. Wario Coat

Selection Sound
The 8-bit sound effect for a line of pills(and maybe a virus) being cleared plays.

Kirby Hat
Kirby gains a Doctor's Light and the ability to throw megavitamins. He also can diagnose with his grab now, but can't swap or do anything else fancy with his pill arrangement.

Codec
Snake: Mei Ling, I'm fighting Mario again. But I don't feel so well...
Mei Ling: That's Dr. Mario, Snake! Mario Physician alter ego!
Snake: Alter-Ego? You mean another Mario? I don't know much about him, tell more.
Mei Ling: Well, Dr. Mario lives in the Mushroom Kingdom, trying to find the cure for the common cold. Along the way however, he has created a few Miracle Cures of his own.
Snake: I see. But how does this make him a formidable foe?
Mei Ling: Well, Snake, you may not know it, but you're infected!
Snake: Infected? He's gonna cure me? How is that good for him?
Mei Ling: The particular kind of virus has a violent reaction to his cures. You'll feel pain, Snake.
Snake: Got it.

Katapultar

Smash Lord
[size=+3]Dr. Mario Remix[/size]
This set at first glance looks better than all your others. I must also congratulate you on getting first page. Mechanics as usual can be explained in the actual attack to make the concept easier to understand. Judging from the Specials, it seems that Dr. Mario is big on his Mega Vitamins, perhaps almost too so. From reading this set, Dr. Mario is ridiculously underpowered. It in fact seems almost impossible to KO with him if he has to grab foes and then arrange his pills, WHICH is the ONLY way for him to KO. It seems hard enough for him. The set doesn't really have too much interaction with the vitamin factor. Going back to the mechanic, I would entirely suggest getting rid of it and stating the mechanic within the grab or the Neutral Special, which is what veterans would so under such a situation.

I can give you some advice to try and improve rather than just critisicing the set. Well you're writing seems to be decent, there doesn't seem to be any interaction in the set to create a flowing playstyle. If the attacks had interactions, it would make the set more interesting to read. I almost believe that Dr. Mario even trying to hurt foes is OOC, especially when he's meant to be trying to cure them. I've never played Dr. Mario ever, but the set could perhaps use more from the game into the playstyle, for example, multiple viruses rather than just one. What if Dr. Mario's attacks were just check-up moves rather than just punches, and could the viruses perhaps weaken the foe, spread on to other foes? I'd say take the concept of the Dr. Mario video game playstyle and try to adapt it into Brawl. . . wait, you were already trying to do that.

Overall, the set needs more of the viruses and the Dr. Mario gameplay in it to add more hype. You're sets need more interesting moves throughout, in other words, being more creative. Hopefully you can take any advice given to you on this page and use it to improve your moveset quality.

I have similar complaints as Katapultar...again.

The Doc could have used more Doc-like moves, he still felt like Mario's clone to me, minus a stronger emphasis on the pills. The pill management also seemed a little too micromagnagement for me, I would have preferred the same effects, just will random pill generation.

...Also, you forgot to mention damage on the foward throw....but it still has damage multiplying properties....

EDIT: I noticed I forgot to mention my positive in the post. The pill concept itself was a good idea, as was the whole dignose mechanic, and overall it was a nice change to melee Doc (though he was a beast in melee), and was overall a good set.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Dr Mario:

ok, first things first: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pc-EP-0xEDQ

best part of the set, by far.

Now that that is said, unfortunatly for the fore-runner of the remicks movement, it seems the good Doc doesnt have a main focus.

Sure, the mechanic of diagnosing a virus then matching a pill for extra damage is cool, but outside of that he's got nothing. The Specials are all iffy, especially since D and S Spec could easily be made into 1. The recovery is almost of prop quality and adds nothing interesting to the set.

Also, why use any throw but F or U throw? They are alot better than the other two in terms of what they do, seeing as he lacks any good comboes to use after the other ones.

I dunno, (i have like bird flu right nao, minds all fuzzy) to me Dr mario seemed like you had a great idea but didnt have a good idea of what to do with it..perhaps if more moves relied on the virus diognosis? or if he had a healing thingy? (he's a doctor...)

eh, thats my 2 cents

goldwyvern

Smash Ace
Jiggly!

Jigglypuff is a pokemon. A normal type that likes to sing. Its singing makes humans and pokemon fall asleep. She is cute and feminine but has a temper and a marker with a microphone head cap.

JIGGLYPUFF REMIX ♥

STATS ♥

Speed: 1.5/10
Jigglypuff is given a small speed buff so she is just barely faster than Ganondorf.

Crouch: 9
Jigglypuff's crouch is about 2x taller than Kirby's crouch, which is still amazing.

Recovery: 7
Multiple jumps. nothing new there.

Attack Speed: 6.5

Priority: 4

Size: 3

Traction: 8

Power: 8.5

Weight: 1

Fall Speed: 1.5

SPECIALS ♥

Neutral Special: Sing
Jigglypuff will begin to sing with an animation similar to that of her Up Special in Brawl. As long as you hold down the button, she will sing her trademark song, continuing until you release the button. The song ends after 10 seconds (yes, I actually sang out loud to get this time). All opponents within 1.5 stage builder blocks of Jigglypuff will fall asleep for 5 seconds if not damaged, which case they will awake as soon as the attack lands. This seems like a changed version of the old sing with a new input, but it's not (seeing as you dont have a half second after you stop singing to attack before they awake). Also if you finish the whole song the opponent stays asleep another 2 seconds. The attack has no end lag if you interupt it, but if you stay through the whole thing, there's a quick lag that's less than half a second, but noticable.

Side Special: Rollout
Jigglypuff will begin to charge in the way she charges her Rollout in brawl for as long as you hold the button down, sparkles and all. Holding down the special button will increase the speed and damage, also like in Brawl. The moves attributes are: 3%, flinching knockback, Mario dash speed, and quite easy to control movement when uncharged, but 10%, moderate knockback, 150% C. Falcon dash speed, and almost inability to control movement where you'll need a couple of seconds just to turn once if you charge the attack fully (which takes about 5 seconds). There is end lag similar to the kind in brawl if you hit an opponent with the attack.

Down Special: Rest
We all already know this move. Its execution is exactly the same as in real Smash, except for a few changes. The knockback is now increased to that of Melee's level, but at the cost of damaging ability, dealing a measly 1%. To make the attack closer to the games, Jigglypuff will also heal herself for 5% while she is sleeping, which is the same amount of time its always been (and yes, Melee and Brawl's sleep times for rest are identical).

Up Special: Hyper Voice
This attack looks aestethicly the same when used in the air and on the ground, but the are comepletely different in function and use. When used in the air, Jigglypuff will open her mouth wide as she breathes in for a full second. She will then release a shrill, loud scream that will not only rattle the screen a bit, but will also prevent any opponent to get within 4 stage builders blocks of her without taking 2% per second. In addition, the opponent cannot get within 2 stage builder blocks of Jiglypuff without recieving 3% per second as well as immediately going into a freefall if in the air. While she is screaming, she can still use her jumps and aerials, but stops screaming after 3 seconds or after landing on the ground. There is absolutely no end lag for this move.

Using this move on the ground has a very different effect. While the starting lag for the attack is the same, the scream is now less concentrated, sending soundwaves across the screen. These soundwaves appear every half second and travel at the speed of Luigi's dash. Touching them will deal 1% and relatively high knockback that kills at 215%. While she is screaming, Jigglypuff cannot move. The scream will last until you are hit or after 3 seconds.

STANDARDS ♥

Jab: Pound
Jigglypuff will raise her right hand before smacking it forward quickly. This attack deals 2% with suprsingly high knockback for a single jab, about 1.5 stage builder blocks.

Dash Attack: Pirouette

Jigglypuff will stop dead in her tracks (not that she's going fast enoguh to make that a difficult task). She then will then perform a Pirouette, which is one of those one-footed spins that ballerinas do. She will spin around 3 times, with each spin dealing 4% and moderate knockback. The spins each have low priority.

TILTS ♥

Ftilt: Disable
Jigglypuff will freeze frame in a position where she is staring straight forward with absoultely no lag at all. If the opponent is no farther away from the front of Jigglypuff than 2 stage builder blocks, than they will take 2% with flinching knockback, the hitbox appearing for a split second, followed by about a second of end lag. The thing is, if the opponent is performing an attack right as you activate the input, the attack will cancel, the opponent will freeze until the end lag is over, and (here's the clincher) the attack they were trying to perform cannot be used for 15 seconds. Jigglypuff cannot disable more than one move at a time. That doesnt mean one move for each character in a FFA, but just ONE MOVE for the 15 seconds with 5 seconds until you can use the move again.

Down Tilt: Even More Flatter
For a brief .8 seconds, Jigglypuff will lower her crouch to 3 times shorter than before, making it less than even Kirby's. After this quick shortening, she immediately springs up to normal crouch height, creating a very small hitbox that deals 1% and high upwards knockback equal to the sweetspot of Luigi's Super Jump Punch, but without the fire effects. A very useful move, If I do say so myself.

UTilt: Jump for Joy
Jigglypuff seems pretty happy today! She will jump up into the air with a bit of start up lag, stubs raised, dealing 2% and slight knockback to those the are hit by the top half of her body. This has no end lag, but she has to fall at her slow fall speed back down, with full manueverability. This attack is a nice way to mindgame your already mindgame-y air game, as simply entering the air might be a way to attack the enemy.

SMASHES ♥

Fsmash: Wake Up Slap
Jigglypuff will look quite pissed as she rears back her hand during the charging animation. She has a right to, as the opponent is probably asleep if you have a good amount of time to charge this. After you release the attack button, Jigglypuff will throw her arm/hand forward with a great force. This will deal 4-10% and moderate knockback that KOs at 105% when it hits. Why even use this attack if your sleep status will be wasted for a sub-par attack? The thing is, the fact the opponent is asleep makes this viable. If the opponent is asleep while being hit with this attack, the damage will be doubled and the knockback will be 1.2x more than normal. This turns this into a useful damage dealer and a viable KO move for Jigglypuff, since the attack will KO at 84% now.

Dsmash: Insomniac Nap
As you charge the attack, Jigglypuff will try as hard as she can to fall asleep like in her Down Special. After you release the attack, she will finally fall asleep, but for only a brief period of 3/4 of a second. If the opponent is within half a stage builder block from Jigglypuff, they will take 5% (uncharged) to 11% (charged fully). The knockback for the move is about 1/3 that of Rest's. C-sticking this might be a useful tool to mindgame the opponent.

USmash: Snore
Jigglypuff will be in a sleep animation as long as you hold the charge. Once the attack is released, Jigglypuff will make noises in her sleep, causing Zs the size of Smoke Balls to rise from her. Each one deals 4% and deals flinching knockback while going 3 stage builder blocks above Jiggly. At lowest charge you get 3 Zs, while at full charge you get 7. This move takes longer if you have more charge though. After all the Zs appear, Jigglypuff will awake similarly to when she wakes up from Rest.

AERIALS ♥

Nair: Puff Up
Jigglypuff will make a similar animation to her Final Smash in Brawl, except this time, she just grows to the size of Bowser before pushing away opponents with extreme force, but dealing absolutely no damage.

Dair: Stall then Float
Jigglypuff will stop falling for a brief moment before flattening herself into a thin of paper, similar to one of her Taunts in brawl. She will then fall at an EXTREMELY slow rate equal to 1/6 of her regular fall speed for 3 seconds or until she touches the ground before reverting to normal. touching her in this state will deal 1% and absolutely no knockback, not even a flinch. There is minimal lag at the end of the move, but it is more noticeable if it is interupted by her landing.

Uair: Defense Curl
Jigglypuff will curl up into a ball that is 95% her normal size with almost no start-up lag. This creates a small hitbox above her that deals 6% and slightly-above average knockback. after the hitbox is gone, she will still remain curled up for 3 more seconds or until she hits the ground. While still curled up, her falling speed is 130% of the normal.

Bair: Now if That Aint the Cutest...
Jigglypuff will give a big smile and yell "Puff!" before quickly executing a reletively floaty midair backflip. This backflip deals 4% and moderately low knockback directly backwards. There is virtually no end lag to this move.

Fair: POP
Jigglypuff will puff up a little, and then seem to do nothing, and wont do anything if nothing happens to her whithin 1.5 seconds, deflating with little end lag. However, if an she is attacked or hit by anything during this time frame, she will have the wind literally knocked out of her. She will open her mouth and release the air, dealing 7% and moderate knockback, also her self only taking half the knockback of the move that caused her to exhale.

THROWS ♥

Grab: Little Stub Thing
Jigglypuff's grab is a normal grab, except her small stub limbs give a smaller range than some characters.

Pummel: Marker-phone
Jigglypuff will take out her trusty marker that somehow has amplifying abilities solely due to the fact it has a cap in the shape of the top of a Microphone. If the opponet is awake, then this attack will be a bash on the head with the Marker-phone, dealing 2%. If the opponent is asleep when grabbed, however, the grab will change to something more important. Jigglypuff will get extremely pissed, ala the anime. She will draw a very silly bunch of pictures on their face, seeming to only be a cosmetic effect with no damage. But after the opponent escapes the grab or is thrown, they start recieving 2% per second for 6 seconds. This facepaint will go away afterwards, and the effect's timer cannot be reset by using it again.

Dthrow: Who's that Girl in the Mirror?

Jigglypuff will push the opponent down on the ground before taking out a mirror (ZOMG PROP! JOOR SET IS TEH SUXZORZ!!1!1!!one1). If you havent used Jiggly's pummel or if they are asleep, than she just hits it over their head for 8% before leaving them on the ground on their back. If she has used he pummel and they are awake though, she simply shows them their reflection in it. After noticing this, they will be suprised and jump up, starting to run back and forth over a 2 stage-builder-block period at their dash speed for 4 seconds. This attack also increases the length of time the face paint stays there for by 2 seconds. This gives jiggly an oppurtunity to KO the opponent, who is now recieving damage whilst being unable to change their movement for a few seconds.

FThrow: Flower Girl
Jigglypuff will begin to skip forward, swing her grabbed opponent around like a basket, for 3 stage builder blocks. As she skips, she will do occasional throwing motions which will will remove things from the opponent's body such as Franklin Badges, Gooey Bombs, and Olimar's Pikmin and leave them on the ground behind her. After she skips the distance, she will throw the opponent forward for a good bit of knockback and 5%.

BThrow: Boing!

Jigglypuff will drop the opponent to the ground before jumping on them multiple times. This number depends on how much the opponent can button mash, as doing so can allow them to escape the attack early, but at a harder difficulty than escaping a grab itself. Each jump deals 2% and there are 4 jumps within 5 seconds but the enemy can escape early as earlier stated. The last jump of the 4 deals moderate backwards knockback.

UThrow: Whee!
Jigglypuff will throw her opponent in the air 3 stage builder blocks as if she were a mother throwing her child in the air while playing. This deals 3% to the opponent and wakes them if they were sleeping. After they fall down though, they are still in Jigglypuff's grasp, so she can still use another throw from there. Use this if you cant wait for the opponent to awaken to use your DThrow.

FINAL SMASH ♥

THE CONCERT: Jigglypuff will set up a little stage in the middle of the stage as you start the move. This takes about 3 seconds. It acts as a fall-through platform about 3/4 of a stage builder block off the ground. If Jigglypuff uses any move that involves noise from this stage, its hitbox becomes so large that its basically screen-filling except on stages like New Pork. This lasts for 15 seconds.

TAUNTS ♥

Up: Jigglypuff winks and a little ♥ appears above her.
Down: Jigglypuff will Flatten herself papaer-thin just like her taunt in brawl.
Side: Jigglypuff draws a quick little ♥ in the air with her marker-phone.

PLAYSTYLE ♥
Jigglypuff is a hit and run damage racker with relative lag on some moves, terrible movement speed, and many moves with unremarkable damage. Lolgrabagetier, right? Wrong. Jigglypuff just has a new wayin order to pull off this playstyle with more risk and more reward in turn.

Jigglypuff wants to begin every match the same way. Immediately running towards the opponent or running away from them. Jigglypuff wants her first attack against the opponent to be Sing, and she wants to make sure she lands it. She needs to space patiently using clever little spacing tools like her DTilt, Uair, and Dair, as these allow for more precise dodging. Using moves like Nair, the ground version of USpec, and FTilt (in case the opponent has a really tricky long range or projectile move) will allow you put a good amount of space between you and your opponent. If the enemy is particularly slow, use Rest to heal 5%.

As soon as an opening seems to appear, take a quick second to see if you have enough time to sneak in there and use Sing. This is where Jiggly can go on the offensve for a little while. many of her moves have been made to deal great amounts of damage whilst her opponent snoozes. Using FSmash, Pummel, UThrow, and DThrow here are a no-brainer. If the opponent wakes up or is about to wake up, run. Run far away, Run.

Now you space again. Yeah. look up there ^^.

As soon as another opening comes up, you again think about availability before going in for another Sing. This time, though, you need to focus on KOing your opponent this time. FSmash should be able to KO at this point, as should DSmash and DSpec, and possibly Nair (although Nair used offensively is best used to gimp).

All in all, using Jigglypuff is a fickle thing. You need to really know what way to dodge and space depending on your opponent and you need to know exactly when to go in for sleep status. Have fun, and remember, ♥.

MATCHUPS ♥

Vs Silver: 15/85
Silver's PSI does terrible stuff to Jigglypuff. His platform controlling moves easily deal the knockback necessary to get the very light Jigglypuff KO'd from a distance. His Neutral and Side Specials completely stop the opposing player from making their crucial approach to inflict sleep. Shorthopping a Bair that actually lands destroys your whole game, as your specials are now completely scrambled. The same is true if ESP lands on Jiggly, as then it can cause a terrible mess, especially if comboed with the Bair. Even getting around Jiggly to prevent her from inflicting sleep is easy with moves like his Nair and Dash Attack. Even using his Side Special he could KO her in a casual fashion. Silver's Down Special also really messes with how Jiggly uses her body-flexing moves, as she has to take in account the changed topography of the stage before she tries to pull a mindgame with her Uair and Dair. That said, Jiggly still has a fighting chance. If she can somehow use attacks such as her UTilt, Nair, Fair, and Bair that will allow her to sneak in a quick "combo" and then go in for the NSpec. Also, Jiggly's Final Smash is useless agaisnt Silver since it is a fall-through platform. :p

More to come in this section.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Jigglypuff Remix

Right away, the individual moves are much more interesting than the Kirby-clone Jiggs is in Brawl. I was pleasently surprised to see you take advantage of Jiggs inflation/deflation properties for some moves, and the Dair in particular was rather innovative. Sing is certainly a viable move now, and I liked that you kept in all of Jigg's original specials in one way or another. The moves that weren't super unique gameplay-wise still had cute animations with her personality, so kudos to you. Pokemon Syndrome doesn't seem to be present, or at least not a notable amount.

The playstyle's concept is interesting. A slow hit-and-run character who's got a lot of high-knockback/low-damage moves. And of course aerial goodness as would be expected from the being that invented the Wall-o-Pain. While I can see you made an honest effort to pull it off, I feel like the aerials in particular were too heavily weakened, and seeing as how that's a large part of her strategy...yikes. Fortuatley, it's not a difficult fix, mainly just nuke the end/landing lag and/or let her cancel out of the moves manually. The actual idea of her aerials altering her momentum and fall-speed to screw around with spacing is awesome, the moves are just too vulnerable for her to take advantage of it. I also liked that her throws had a mini-mechanic with sleeping enemies, and while there weren't any moves that tdirectly ook advantage of it outside FSmash she could always use that sleep to land Rest so the sleeping is still important to her.

Overall, I'd say this is a good moveset with potential that simply is held back by a few balance problems. It's easily your best solo set, and one that should prove that you are capable of coming up with interesting ideas for Smash Bros movesets

Katapultar

Smash Lord
Sorry Koopakirby, goldwyvern stole your reception...

Remember, give Dr. Mario a read as well. Even if Jigglypuff has the reception, give Dr. Mario a read and try and throw a idea or two over Koopakirby's way if you can. Thanks. (I know dm will)

[size=+3]Jigglypuff[/size]
While Jigglypuff has singing and markers and you probably intended to remake Jigglypuff that way (The accuracy on Jigglypuff's singing was a great job, by the way), I don't think it was pulled off THAT well. I'd imagine Jigglypuff to be a FFA beast who uses the stage as a... stage and the foes as a audience. As you mentioned in Sing, Jigglypuff would sing for 10 seconds. The closer the foe, the quicker they fall asleep. Jiggly can move while singing, but can put all other foes to sleep if uninterrupted. Or something like that.

Enough about my opinion. Some of the attacks are perhaps a bit boring and maybe random, and some of the moves are perhaps a lot weaker than in Brawl, making her underpowered. It's easier to put foes to sleep and then use Rest to OHKO them, so why not just do that? Could Jigglypuff just have it's set based on increasing the range of Rest? That needs more attention. It's a good effort for a remix, simple to read and understand, but needs more focus on singing. Actually, you could have had Jiggly write on the foe's face for Rest... as a KO move. Rest seems OOC for a KO move in my view though. I believe a remix is about removing the OOC from a Smash Fighter and giving them a more in character feel. Seeing it from that point of view, I can say you've done a pretty good job seeing how hard remixs can be to make well.

darth meanie

Smash Journeyman
Doctor Mario

I already talked with you in the chat about this, and there is really little else for me to say than what isn't already clearly obvious, pointed out by previous commentators, or simply unnecessary. So I'll simply leave it as that.

Jiggs Remix

Alright, so Jiggs is back. I liked this set, and it's nice to see how good this set looks coming from you. Overall you do a good job of keep what was already good about the Balloon Pokemon and added to it. You also made the marker a completely reasonable, in character, and enjoyable part of the moveset, so that I commend you for.

As for playstyle... she tries to sleep opponents, and when she's not sleeping she's mostly running away. A little simple, but no problem with it. You have a few good interactions with the throws and the sleeping, but other than that, there isn't too much remarkable.

Moves were overall decent, slightly underpowered, but creative enough and in character enough to work. I especially liked the Utilt.

On the other hand, the aerials are a different issue. You put a lot of focus on these "mindgamey" aerials. While they are certainly mindgamey, they are woefully underpowered. The problem is that there are too many weaknesses in each of the moves for her to be able to capitalize on the advantages they give her, especially when only two of them do any significant damage, and very little at that. In some ways then, Jigglypuff has moved backwards when it comes to her air game, she's not as threatening there as she once was.

In fact, she's really starving for damage. Of course, part of that is her characterization, but really, she's got enough problems as it is getting a hit in and sleeping the opponent that she should at least be doing a decent amount of damage when she hits.

Overall though, this was a good moveset. It stayed in character (I really loved the marker games), and was in many ways an improvement on the original (and the air game wouldn't be too difficult to improve). So good job GW.

Jiggs Remix

Let me start by saying my favorite part was the creative diversion from regular poke sets by throwing in moves that aren't just move X from the poke's movepool. I also really liked the Forward Throw for some reason, just sounds both useful and comical.

I do have one qualm, and that is Hyper Voice's gimping ability. They enter free fall by only being within 2 Blocks in the air? For some reason I can see this being broken. Hit off stage, jump, hyper voice, float back to stage, repeat. though I suppose she did'nt have too many get-off-the-stage moves so it may be a mute point.

goldwyvern

Smash Ace
Jigglypuff Remix

Right away, the individual moves are much more interesting than the Kirby-clone Jiggs is in Brawl. I was pleasently surprised to see you take advantage of Jiggs inflation/deflation properties for some moves, and the Dair in particular was rather innovative. Sing is certainly a viable move now, and I liked that you kept in all of Jigg's original specials in one way or another. The moves that weren't super unique gameplay-wise still had cute animations with her personality, so kudos to you. Pokemon Syndrome doesn't seem to be present, or at least not a notable amount.

The playstyle's concept is interesting. A slow hit-and-run character who's got a lot of high-knockback/low-damage moves. And of course aerial goodness as would be expected from the being that invented the Wall-o-Pain. While I can see you made an honest effort to pull it off, I feel like the aerials in particular were too heavily weakened, and seeing as how that's a large part of her strategy...yikes. Fortuatley, it's not a difficult fix, mainly just nuke the end/landing lag and/or let her cancel out of the moves manually. The actual idea of her aerials altering her momentum and fall-speed to screw around with spacing is awesome, the moves are just too vulnerable for her to take advantage of it. I also liked that her throws had a mini-mechanic with sleeping enemies, and while there weren't any moves that tdirectly ook advantage of it outside FSmash she could always use that sleep to land Rest so the sleeping is still important to her.

Overall, I'd say this is a good moveset with potential that simply is held back by a few balance problems. It's easily your best solo set, and one that should prove that you are capable of coming up with interesting ideas for Smash Bros movesets
Thanks for the commentary, HR. I just fixed some of the lag issues in the aerials in case you want to check it out. Im really glad you liked the set. I also really wanted to pull from not just her 3 major appearances (Pokemon games, Anime, and Smash itself), but also what she could physically do.

Sorry Koopakirby, goldwyvern stole your reception...

Remember, give Dr. Mario a read as well. Even if Jigglypuff has the reception, give Dr. Mario a read and try and throw a idea or two over Koopakirby's way if you can. Thanks. (I know dm will)

[size=+3]Jigglypuff[/size]
While Jigglypuff has singing and markers and you probably intended to remake Jigglypuff that way (The accuracy on Jigglypuff's singing was a great job, by the way), I don't think it was pulled off THAT well. I'd imagine Jigglypuff to be a FFA beast who uses the stage as a... stage and the foes as a audience. As you mentioned in Sing, Jigglypuff would sing for 10 seconds. The closer the foe, the quicker they fall asleep. Jiggly can move while singing, but can put all other foes to sleep if uninterrupted. Or something like that.

Enough about my opinion. Some of the attacks are perhaps a bit boring and maybe random, and some of the moves are perhaps a lot weaker than in Brawl, making her underpowered. It's easier to put foes to sleep and then use Rest to OHKO them, so why not just do that? Could Jigglypuff just have it's set based on increasing the range of Rest? That needs more attention. It's a good effort for a remix, simple to read and understand, but needs more focus on singing. Actually, you could have had Jiggly write on the foe's face for Rest... as a KO move. Rest seems OOC for a KO move in my view though. I believe a remix is about removing the OOC from a Smash Fighter and giving them a more in character feel. Seeing it from that point of view, I can say you've done a pretty good job seeing how hard remixs can be to make well.
That's...dissapointing. I really thought I was to be in character if I were to draw from all of her major appearances...

Jiggs Remix

Alright, so Jiggs is back. I liked this set, and it's nice to see how good this set looks coming from you. Overall you do a good job of keep what was already good about the Balloon Pokemon and added to it. You also made the marker a completely reasonable, in character, and enjoyable part of the moveset, so that I commend you for.

As for playstyle... she tries to sleep opponents, and when she's not sleeping she's mostly running away. A little simple, but no problem with it. You have a few good interactions with the throws and the sleeping, but other than that, there isn't too much remarkable.

Moves were overall decent, slightly underpowered, but creative enough and in character enough to work. I especially liked the Utilt.

On the other hand, the aerials are a different issue. You put a lot of focus on these "mindgamey" aerials. While they are certainly mindgamey, they are woefully underpowered. The problem is that there are too many weaknesses in each of the moves for her to be able to capitalize on the advantages they give her, especially when only two of them do any significant damage, and very little at that. In some ways then, Jigglypuff has moved backwards when it comes to her air game, she's not as threatening there as she once was.

In fact, she's really starving for damage. Of course, part of that is her characterization, but really, she's got enough problems as it is getting a hit in and sleeping the opponent that she should at least be doing a decent amount of damage when she hits.

Overall though, this was a good moveset. It stayed in character (I really loved the marker games), and was in many ways an improvement on the original (and the air game wouldn't be too difficult to improve). So good job GW.
Thanks, Darth. Ive basically said most of what I can say. Fixed the aerials...yeah.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Going back to the mechanic, I would entirely suggest getting rid of it and stating the mechanic within the grab or the Neutral Special, which is what veterans would so under such a situation.
See, I disagree with this. It's something Warlord has really started doing, not necessarily the best choice; sometimes you need to enter the set with a clear knowledge of what the moveset will be geared around, and sometimes it's not all that fun to have to dig around the set to find what it's all about.

Now, I hate to skip ahead from me methodical set-scouring, but I have to ask: are you all looking at the same set as I am? Am I so far removed from the rest of you that a set I can consider to be good bordering on very good is largely considered to be a poor effort? And how the hell do I keep making popular sets?

I say this because Dr Mario is at the very least successful at what it sets out to do. KK took those Brawl sensibilities and accentuated them, while also adding a very fitting mechanic that translates the doc's source of origin wonderfully and captures the whole vibe of his character. So the rest of his attacks are uncreative. So what? In this, a remix of all things, I'd think a bit of simplicity would be praised, not scorned. By keeping most of his attacks feasible above all else, KK diverted full attention to the Doc's very unique gameplay style (see how I skirted using the P-word there?) and to the very cool concept behind him. MYMer bias, perhaps? If, say, meanie had posted this set, I have a niggling suspicion its reception would be a ways better.

And yeah, sure, there are little bumps in the road; it's not a perfect set. But good? Indubitably. I'm not trying to make a new Sukapon here, but Dr Mario's reception struck me as a bit off.

Jigglypuff, on the other hand, will have to wait for me to get around to him. I'm not that far back...

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
I've read Jigglypuff, and I like the set, although I a more fond of Melee's Jigglypuff ((sry) She was one of my best characters on that. Probably couldn't play her for crap now though XD). However, this seems more interesting to play than the standard stay in the air, Wall of Pain, throw in a rest to show off/ for the lulz every now and then; so in that sense you've succeeded with the moveset :bee:. The moves are good, and I like the references to the anime Jigglypuff. The playstyle, as Meanie said, is basic when it comes down to it, but I think it works quite well.

However, Jigglypuff is extremely weak, and apart from rest, she would probably be bottom tier for sure, as she doesn't have decent KO'ing ability, instead she seems like she has to solely rely on gimping. Now the reason rest is so overpowered, and the reason that Jigglypuff is broken, is Sing. Now, I may be mistaken, and if I am ignore this section :p, but from what I can make out, Sing sends Jigglypuff's opponent to sleep for 5 seconds, and you can cancel singing without any ending lag. So what's to stop Jigglypuff from singing, hitting them, singing again, and repeating until say 50%, then just using rest to finish them off, before sing spamming until time runs out. Sure, you couldn't do this in tournament play, but if I'm right (which I'm probably not), then you could just stall infinitely near enough.

Apart from that, the set is really good, although I don't think you've beat Mewtwo and Mario for best remix. Still, this a good set from you goldwyvern, and definitely one of, if not your best single set.

Well done :).

Frf

Smash Apprentice
THE REMIX MOVEMENT BEGINS.

His prescription? KO's!
-TYPOOOOOOOOOOOO*throws blue shell at lamp*
-Mechanic is mechanically confusing and mechanically pointless.
-A second is still a pretty long time...
-Rarer than Judgment's 9? Seems a tad too situational.

-Doctor Mario viciously stomping? Alright then.....
-Just a effect? A EFFECT?!?!?! I believe it's an effect.
-The pictures are kind of random, they hurt the presentation more than anything.
-Figurte? TYPOOOO*shot*

Doctor Mario needs to either have more move involving the pill mechanic or to get rid of it altogether. Then add more detail and more interesting moves. KoppaKirby, sets take time. Look around and see what other people are doing, and what the standard is.

Jiggs
-The specials are good, albeit I don't see a distinct playstyle yet.
-Enoguh?!?!?!? OOOOOOOOOOOOOPYT
-If the ftilt isn't essential to the playstyle, YOU'RE A DEAD PUFF.
-105% isn't weak AT ALL, man.
-Aerials are simple, yet interesting.
-Down throw seems too good if it's set up properly...
-Grabage tier? I suppose Jiggs could be grabbed easily, but that doesn't make her belong in a grabage tier.

Your organization is awesome, but there are some grammar errors that make the set look unpolished and a tad messy. You have some awesome ideas, but there are some that just would be better elsewhere. But overall though it's an awesome and simple set, refreshing in a strange sort of way. Well done.

Junahu

Smash Ace
oh god... the remicks have arrived. I hate remicks so so much that I'm going to comment them much more harshly than other sets. I don't care if it's biased, or hypocritical, I don't see the point in remicks, nor do I find them in any way better than their Brawl counterparts.

Dr Mario:
For what it's worth, I liked this set more than I think I'll enjoy the others, mainly because I'm less predisposed to hate remicks of melee exclusive characters (particularly since Dr Mario is the cloniest clone ever)
I still think Dr Mario is better off as a clone character, but your interpretation of him is reasonable enough. There are a load of awkward animations, some moves in the wrong places and it's hard to place the feel of "mario" in there, but you could have done much worse.
I liked how all the specials were pill focused, But I really felt the lack of his traditional Side-B was done just to give his Side-Tilt a purpose. The Down-B is completely unneccessary too, which makes the lack of cape even harder to swallow.
One thing I detest about Brawl Mario was his Tornado attack being moved to D-air. I agree it works better as a D-Smash (assuming you can still move left and right during it). But moving the Up-B to Up-Air was another unneccessary change (Surely his Up-B could have been combination of being catapulted by the pill and his normal Super Jump Punch?)
Having to grab the foe to diagnose the opponent... was actually a good idea. But considering the importance of diagnosing the foe, it should have been a Special.

20 seconds sounds far too long for a final smash, even a basic damage racker like that. Know what 60x20 is right? 1200%
Even shared out among 3 players, that still comes to 400%

I agree with Rool that Dr Mario is better than his reception paints him out to be​

And here's another remicks, joy.
Unlucky Jigglypuff gets no compliments whatsoever from me.

Jiggerlypuff remicks:
  • First off, absolutely no reason why your specials are arranged that way. Sing is Up-B, Rollout is Neutral-B. They are better that way, end of discussion.
  • The momentum of Pirouette is... well, it doesn't exist, making it a dash attack that doesn't involve movement. I doubt Jiggerlypuff would look anything other than awkward doing that. You don't even give us a reason why she does it this way.
  • Disable is the most blatantly OOC move I've seen on a pokemon for a long while, not only being wierd for Jiggerlypuff to use in the first place, but your implementation of it is literally "somehow Jiggs manages to do something to the opponent"
  • 0.8 seconds is nowhere near "brief", especially if it's going to be used to dodge/counter, and the knockback is frankly embarrassing to read. But Even More Flatter is an otherwise good change. Jump for Joy is equally reasonable.
  • Bearing in mind attack names are not shown in game, Wake Up Slap's main use is moderately obtuse. In fact, it's downright pointless to tag on effects like that. Are you going to be landing this potential KO attack while they are awake!?
  • Snore... Part of me hates it for not letting you use this while you are.. y'know, ACTUALLY ASLEEP. The rest of me is hating it for giving Jiggs such an awkward looking attack. Why is Jiggerlypuff sleeping for her Smash attacks!?!
  • Puff Up is a good concept, but it's way too extreme in its appearance. She should just puff up as if she used two jumps at once, and both the foe and Jiggs should bounce away from one another if she drifts into them.
  • For Defense Curl... I just have to quote the attack
    Jigglypuff will curl up into a ball that is 95% her normal size with almost no start-up lag. This creates a small hitbox above her that deals 6% and slightly-above average knockback
    So, she RETRACTS, and yet creates a hitbox that is specifically ABOVE her? No, I don't believe for one second you intended this to be her Up-Air
  • Now if That Aint the Cutest... is decent, and terribly underdetailed. What is the nature of this backflip? And why, when you have a traditional Back-Air, do you have a counter Foreward-Air!?
  • Down-throw... PROP!? PROP!? PROP!?

Everything else passes my super strict angry analysis. The idea behind the playstyle is a good one for sure. It beats "wall-of-pain or GTFO" by a large margin
The real Jigglypuff is better than your Jiggerlypuff though, make no mistake about my opinion on that.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
[*]Disable is the most blatantly OOC move I've seen on a pokemon for a long while, not only being wierd for Jiggerlypuff to use in the first place, but your implementation of it is literally "somehow Jiggs manages to do something to the opponent"
Actually, Jigglypuff is one of a relatively small group of Pokemon that has actually learned the move Disable naturally since the first generation. *runs away*

lol Jiggerlypuff

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
@Dr. Mario: This set feels a lot like an uncloning of Melee's Dr. Mario with a bit more emphasis on his pills (that's the point, isn't it?). I like that he has more of a unique feel. The Megavitamin mechanic is cool, though as someone said earlier, the Diagnosis should probably be a Special move instead of a grab, due to its importance. Diagnosis could replace either the Side Special or Down Special, because I feel like having two pill rearranging specials is redundant and most importantly, not very useful for Doc! Nice job though overall, KoppaKirby!

Possibly a comment on Jigglypuff in a few.

JOE!

Smash Hero
JIGGLYPUFF

Ok, after reading the set I am mostly pleased by how you handled the pink puffball :bee:

The uthrow being a built in CG or sorts for sleeping opponents was great, as is the marker mini-mechanic, same deal with the whole hit and run + put them to sleep playstyle.

That said, I am a tad dissapointed by her air game changes. She seems too weak, even with the mindgames, compared to her smash self. Look at it this way, if you have a move that's purpose is to mind-game an opponent into being hit, should it really do 4% damage after a big, noticable startup? She should be getting alot more bang for the buck from what she's doing with the aerials.

On second thought, this is prevalent throughout the set, she does too little damage apart from a killer smash or two. Other than for mindgames, her utilt would really do anything as 2% damage wouldnt create enough hitstun to even capitalize with one of her aerials, but thats just me.

Overall, Jiggs is good, but has just a few balance tweaks here and there that make her underpowered in my opinion.

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Just checking in again.

I might get Internet again tomorrow for the weekend, but... my mom is really pissy and I'm grounded, so you never know.

I've gotten some work done on Axel's moveset. Right now, I've got the throws done, which is a first: I have always done them last for my other movesets. I've got the rest of his moveset planned out on paper, all I have to do is type them up. I'm actually trying a new presentation experiment with this moveset, as it will be all one image for a special reason... I want to know what you all think of it when I post it.

So long for now.

Oh, and Junahu, Sing was an USpec because Sakurai couldn't think of an "up recovery move" for Jiggs and I always thought that Rollout should be FSpec and Pound be a tilt. Just saying.

The_Great_Panda

Smash Apprentice
Everything is so.... dead... So this is what happens when I make my ever gallant return? I've no spectators for my revamp of Vent :o At the very least someone post a moveset, so I've something to do ><

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom