• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phoenix Wright Mafia [GAME OVER!]

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
i meant like good guy role. not pro town.

i dont know what mentos's alignment would be. His play wouldn't seem to make sense to me as scum. The wording kevin used was that he "can't" claim. Not that he didn't want to. His self protecting, and his claim to only self protecting the rest of the game when at this point he would never be a NK target. It just bugs me and i think he is scum. sorry for the tunneling but w/e

Kevin can i see the doc breadcrumb?

Pierre the Scarecrow

Grasping at Straws
i dont know what mentos's alignment would be. His play wouldn't seem to make sense to me as scum. The wording kevin used was that he "can't" claim. Not that he didn't want to. His self protecting, and his claim to only self protecting the rest of the game when at this point he would never be a NK target. It just bugs me and i think he is scum. sorry for the tunneling but w/e

Kevin can i see the doc breadcrumb?
Your points of suspicion are understandable @KevinM, as I posted them already today as well. But I think he is doctor because of no CC.

I guess I will try again,

I didn't ask you what you think mentos's alignment would be, I asked you that if you believed his claim, what would his sanity be? And further, how do any of your sanity options for mentos make you think you should lynch either KevinM or me.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
i meant sanity not alignment cuz for now i think mentos is town and i dont know what i think about his sanity. it's late i keep mixing up my vocab.

tho i want to believe he is sane simply becuz i think kevin is mafia

waiting for more ppl to post tho

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Why Riddle? If you say inactivity, I am going to slap you through the computer. Also, what do you make of Circus' death after he tried to lead a lynch on you? <-- Question Rockin should answer and not anyone else, s'il vous plait.
It's a lot more then activity. Has went from fairly contributing to bandwagon and coasting.

D1, he was doing fine. Making legitimate cases against Cacti as well as contributing a bit in the discussion. Admittingly, him going after Macman in the middle of D1 and then going after Cacti was a bit weird (not to mention his case against Macman wasn't much merit). Nevertheless, he did pretty fine.

Then on D2, his contribute to the group started to get weak. He was making a bit less cases and was more into just following the group. The amount of posts he made in D2 lessen as well. It became to the point that he was coasting and neglecting questions directed to him (he just posted bits here and there and then voted on said bandwagon)

D3 will probably be not that much different, and I want that to stop now. Riddle hasn't been helpful on D2 like he was in one, so I find that pretty bothersome.

As far as Circus, dunno. I can't fault him for voting me over mentos cause he just went with his opinion on the quality of our reasoning in terms of swords. I would think that maf would've went after KevinM who claimed doc, so it's a bit odd IMO.

Pierre the Scarecrow

Grasping at Straws
Yeah, I know that right now I have kind of dominated discussion with you, but thats fine because it seems that I have to do it to get an acceptable answer out of you and I'm not going to back down just because you continually don't answer the question and then answer with an "I don't know."

If you believe mentosman's claim, then his sanity is pretty important, seeing as how a cop has already died and he is claiming cop. You "want to believe he is sane because you think kevin is mafia" but you also want to think he wouldnt be sane because "omni would have flipped a different kind of cop" forgive the paraphrase. But that contradiction isn't important, the important thing is that no matter if he is lying about his cop claim or not (which is still possible) the majority of his investigation results would DETER you from wanting to lynch KevinM or me yet it doesn't seem to phase you.

If you want to believe he is sane simply because you think Kevin is mafia, but you also think that Omni was sane cop because he didn't have a specialized cop claim, then you are saying there were two separate sane cops in the game.

It just doesn't make any sense on your end.

Not to mention the diction "I want to believe" he is sane implicitly means that you do not believe he is sane.

Pierre the Scarecrow

Grasping at Straws
I dont mean to be too rude but I looked over your post and I dont really feel like playing anymore tonight. I seem to have trouble tackling what exactly you are talking about sometimes because your diction is opposite what is normally in a mafia game - you are exceedingly vague all the time, your case applies to more than Riddle (almost all of it actually applies to ME also yet you never mention me as a suspect on Day 3 and previously I think you said you thought I was Town), and you fault Riddle for not building more cases after he built one that you think might have merit. I don't know, you seem to form pillows of ideas instead of rocks to stand on, and when I try to climb them and see from your perspective, they just deflate and puff out.

Pierre the Scarecrow

Grasping at Straws
Not to forget that almost everything you say is wrong with him is just inactivity which isn't a scumtell when he is active all across the forum - I believe he was just modkilled in Monster mafia for it (flipped Town too), and he has not made regular posts in a very long time in Paranoiafia.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
i sed I think atmey would have flipped specialized cop if he was one however its possible that he didn't. And iono i don't feel like committing to a statement cuz the more i think of it the more i think im wrong.

wh the hell wud scum start breadcrumbing cop after a cop already died
like wtf makes no sense

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Wow Macman you're so tunneled its stupid, you like refuse to believe scum would POSSIBLY make a gambit?

God you're dumb.

Anyways like here we are.

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=8749190&postcount=230

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=8753179&postcount=237

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=8765914&postcount=272

Like first letter of every sentence in three consecutive posts.

Anyways, at this point I'm up for lynching either Macman or Mentos. Mentos because well I feel like he may be making like a gambit. And Macman for being unhelpful. And continuing to be like REALLY unhelpful and at this point I feel there may be a little bit more then his usual bad play behind it.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Eh, I don't think that Mentos/Mac/Kev is TvTvT. One of these guys is scum or at least not town judging by how the whole debate went so far. Mass WIFOM involved in both claims but a town flip between these guys would make things only even more complicated. What a disaster :ugh:

Vote Riddle
Same reasoning as yesterday. Nothing has change my mind about him. Additionally he's been coasting all of D2 and even after being pressured he didn't give us any info. Will read Pierre's triple posts later but I'd also like to hear a lot more fom Cacti and Swords. Mentos, do you still think that one of these guys is scum?

:059:

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
@pierre, you answered a question that was directed at Marshy, not you. Also, i think you are leaning too strongly on the fact that Kevin is town. There is always the possibility of a mafia doctor.

@Mentos, I think your claim is believable now, but i don't know about the sanity question.

@Kevin, I'm not sure about your claim. It makes me wonder, why didn't you protect anyone else like Gheb? He seems to be the towniest in this game so far.

@Riddle are you going to post yet?

I guess vote: Riddle for now.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Because like no offense Swords but most of the time I value my insights more then the other players because I don't know their biases or thought process so in my mind having me around as a strong confirmed townie is better then protecting someone who for all I know could be mafia/indie and just trying to seem like a good town player.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
but it doesn't make sense as a scum gambit. Like at all. I can't scum intentionally saying. Ok when omni flips cop [somehow they knew] ill start breadcrumbing cop. Even though most people wouldn't believe me simply because of doubles meta. And i'll push a lynch on a townie d2 and when he flips town I'll give this bull**** excuse about being a paranoid/insane cop. And I won't get any **** for it at all.

like why go through all that trouble? and like its so stupid, ugh

Maybe if he was building off of a safeclaim, but why wud jungle give him a safeclaim of a role that was in the game? Second possibility is mentos being a mafia cop, which would give him more incentive to want to claim cop.

and your play has simply just not made sense. You said you were ok with getting lynched so that town wouldn't have to deal with the wifom of having a confirmed VT. Than how come you have been self protecting? You should want to die if that was the case. This is inconsistency and this is scummy.

All you have for you is that you are the uncced doc. This is not much considering Jungle may have easily decided not to put in a doc. this game makes no sense right now

pretty sure we have only 1 ML until mylo.

At pierre and kevin:
If we lynch mentos and he flips cop what's the plan?

theres a difference between being unhelpful and just straight up dumb/tunneled. I am purposely choosing to delve in the latter simply because I think you are scum. And because I don't think you should be let off the hook. ANd cuz you just continue to act scummy. but there is no possible way you can make a case of me being unhelpful.

gheb,
why did you include me in kev/mentos/mac?

Do you think if Kevin is town I am scum along with mentos?

So many people I can't trust at all in this game. So disappointed about governor saving. If I'm wrong atleast let me know I'm wrong instead of delaying my suspicions an entire day.

quickedit: wow this post was way longer than i thought.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Also, Kevin continued to make phrases like 'LOLOL you guys deserve to lose if you lynch me.' When clearly even if we MLed we wouldn't have been very close to losing. But then later he's the one that was ok with getting lynched and what about his role would have led to us auto-losing?

like none of this can possibly sit well with anyone. So many inconsistencies.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Vote Count:

Pierre (1) - Macman
Riddle (2) - Gheb, SwordsRbroken

With 6 alive it takes a vote of 10 to lynch!

Riddle

Smash Lord
Sorry guys. I've just kinda lost interest in mafia in general. I'll make an effort to be active in all my games until they finish those.

Thoughts:

1) Yeah I've been inactive.
2) Kevin made a claim in twilight not before being lynched which implies Governor fishing to me (scummy).
3) I think Mentos is Paranoid.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
sorry im new at this **** correct theme though
--------

Heehee :3 Here's your vote count!

Vote Count:

Riddle (2) - Gheb, SwordsRbroken

With 6 alive it takes a vote of 10 to lynch!

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
To be completely honest I like can't believe you guys are talking about governor fishing when we've for all I know NEVER had a governor in SWF mafia, why would I fish for something that I've NEVER thought about it the first place.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
I agree with Kev, it wouldn't make sense to be "governor fishing" like that, it's such an uncommon role. Not to mention, it's not like there would be any way to figure out WHO the governor was, so all it would accomplish is telling them one role in the game, big whoop. I guess as desperate scum, may as well bait it, but at the same time, I don't see Kevin fakeclaiming like that solely for the hope of a governor.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
You can combine parrot with major buddying and simply say that I proxied my vote to Circus.
Which doesn't make it any more legitimate.

In that case, I was voting with the person I was most certainly positive was town aligned and who had access to a mason partner who is most certainly town aligned and therefore could determine a good lynch very easily.
Scum can do that too - trying to legitimize a potential mislynch by "proxing" your vote to him doesn't mean that you have not been parrorting him.

You can say that I have been "fishing the claimed doc," but the fact remains that while I might have tried to understand more about him by understanding his posting restriction, you voted for his lynch and I did not.
Of course I want a lynch to happen. This whole dilemma started because the lynch failed.

You are also one of three players who were on both mislynches, along with Marshy and SwordsRbroken.
We do not know yet if Kevin was a mislynch. The only people who'd know are scum.

Why is it bad that I fished for more knowledge about him, but not bad that you voted for his lynch? That is not a rhetorical question; that is an accusation and a challenge.
The bad thing about fishing knowledge about him is that scum benefits from that knowledge a whole lot more than town does.
Voting for his lynch was not that bad because the fact that a claimed doc is alive has torn the whole town apart between lynching him because of WIFOM and keeping him alive because he could be a vital PR. Seeing his flip also would have given us a lot of info on mentos, marshy and macman. Now were almost empty handed because we know only a little more than yesterDay and we have to deal with the muckiest kind of wifom.

You then say you are not liking the few people that had me on their radars. By that, do you actually mean to say that you think I am scummy, but you also think the people who suspect me are also scummy?
Didn't say that. I said: I don't like the fact that few people had you on their radars yesterDay.

Not to forget that almost everything you say is wrong with him is just inactivity which isn't a scumtell when he is active all across the forum - I believe he was just modkilled in Monster mafia for it (flipped Town too), and he has not made regular posts in a very long time in Paranoiafia.
FoS Pierre people should keep this in the back of their minds in case Riddle flips scum. I presented a legit case against Riddle yesterDay already and all he's been doing afterwards was coasting and avoiding attention.

gheb,
why did you include me in kev/mentos/mac?
I find you hard to trust. It might be just the way you play but that doesn't change the fact that your tunnelvision, your exceedingly confusing voting patterns and your brief explanatins (especially D1) make you look hardly credible in my eyes.
Maybe I'm just getting paranoid about all that WIFOM though but depending on Pierre's/Riddle's flip I'd look at you differently.

To be completely honest I like can't believe you guys are talking about governor fishing when we've for all I know NEVER had a governor in SWF mafia, why would I fish for something that I've NEVER thought about it the first place.
Eh, I just flipped town governor recently in Wonderland Mafia. I still don't think the "Governor fishing" accusation is legit. It doesn't out the identity of the governor and it seemed kind of obvious after D1 (to me at least) that there is one. It's not like the governor is terribly useful or anything to make "Governor fishing" particularily scummy.

@Mentos

I think you're paranoid assuming your claim isn't a lie. I don't think that there are 2 useful cops (insane or regular are both useful), a doc, a governor and an excecutioner in a 13 player game unless mafia has some power hitters.
Why did you investigate Pierre and Kevin of all the people though? D1 you were all about "Cacti or swords is scum" and you confirmed this D2 too IIRC and now you claim to have inestigated two completely different people? Mind elaborating on your thought process here?

Pierre the Scarecrow

Grasping at Straws
@pierre, you answered a question that was directed at Marshy, not you. Also, i think you are leaning too strongly on the fact that Kevin is town. There is always the possibility of a mafia doctor.

@Mentos, I think your claim is believable now, but i don't know about the sanity question.

@Kevin, I'm not sure about your claim. It makes me wonder, why didn't you protect anyone else like Gheb? He seems to be the towniest in this game so far.

@Riddle are you going to post yet?

I guess vote: Riddle for now.
What question did I answer that was directed towards Marshy? Also, you think that kevinM is a mafia doctor, but there is no town protective role?

All you have for you is that you are the uncced doc. This is not much considering Jungle may have easily decided not to put in a doc. this game makes no sense right now

pretty sure we have only 1 ML until mylo.

At pierre and kevin:
If we lynch mentos and he flips cop what's the plan?

theres a difference between being unhelpful and just straight up dumb/tunneled. I am purposely choosing to delve in the latter simply because I think you are scum. And because I don't think you should be let off the hook. ANd cuz you just continue to act scummy. but there is no possible way you can make a case of me being unhelpful.
No protective role CC makes me not want to see KevinM die any time soon, to be frank.

Sorry guys. I've just kinda lost interest in mafia in general. I'll make an effort to be active in all my games until they finish those.

Thoughts:

1) Yeah I've been inactive.
2) Kevin made a claim in twilight not before being lynched which implies Governor fishing to me (scummy).
3) I think Mentos is Paranoid.
Jump into this game, Riddle. We need it. I'm doing it, you can too.

I agree with Kev, it wouldn't make sense to be "governor fishing" like that, it's such an uncommon role. Not to mention, it's not like there would be any way to figure out WHO the governor was, so all it would accomplish is telling them one role in the game, big whoop. I guess as desperate scum, may as well bait it, but at the same time, I don't see Kevin fakeclaiming like that solely for the hope of a governor.
Governor is on the mind because the doc claim was surprising considering it happened post your lynch, also because there is a town executor who is a mason partner with someone, and governor and executor have hand-in-hand powers mechanically. Also, someone in a currently running game (Wonderland) flipped governor and pardoned someone. And, so, no, the governor was not out of nowhere.

Which doesn't make it any more legitimate.

Scum can do that too - trying to legitimize a potential mislynch by "proxing" your vote to him doesn't mean that you have not been parrorting him.

Of course I want a lynch to happen. This whole dilemma started because the lynch failed.

We do not know yet if Kevin was a mislynch. The only people who'd know are scum.

The bad thing about fishing knowledge about him is that scum benefits from that knowledge a whole lot more than town does.
Voting for his lynch was not that bad because the fact that a claimed doc is alive has torn the whole town apart between lynching him because of WIFOM and keeping him alive because he could be a vital PR. Seeing his flip also would have given us a lot of info on mentos, marshy and macman. Now were almost empty handed because we know only a little more than yesterDay and we have to deal with the muckiest kind of wifom.

Didn't say that. I said: I don't like the fact that few people had you on their radars yesterDay.

FoS Pierre people should keep this in the back of their minds in case Riddle flips scum. I presented a legit case against Riddle yesterDay already and all he's been doing afterwards was coasting and avoiding attention.
There is nothing scummy about proxing my vote to a town clear. In fact, if I were mafia, I would be directly weakening my power and adding to theirs, when I simply just not do that and post my own false opinions and lead towards a townie lynch. Nevertheless, I can easily understand why you are peeved by it. Too bad, I guess.

I am willing to consider KevinM town because there is no CC. I don't think you address that.

The things I said about Riddle are completely true.

@Marshy, Cacti, KevinM, SwordsR: Who are you looking at as your primary lynch target, and your secondary lynch target, and why?

@Mentosman: Given your current claimed data, same questions.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I'm not in wonderland nor have I read it so yes this is the first time I would have encountered this power like.

I'll answer your question later I just find the fishing for governor thing stupid when this is the first time I've encountered it on SWF.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
governor fishing is the wrong term for what he was doing, its more like governor baiting. And I fail to believe you didn't think or consider that the possibility that there was a governor. I know that either in this game or in BWM, people have speculated about the existence of a governor and had at the very least brought it up.

I would just like to say, that there is absolutely no reason vig should not try to test kevins power tonight.

Kevin/Pierre, there are questions that I have asked that you have yet to address. Also, it bugs me that you focus on this governor thing when there are many more inconsistencies behind your doc claim, and the reasoning for your actions.

Gheb, the contradictions are between Mentos and KevinM, and to a little further extent Pierre. Not me. I just have strong opinions on the situation. It would make sense to you that I'd be scum and bother Kevin/Mentos wouldn't be? That doesn't make sense given the current situation. Using my voting patterns as an excuse for why you are suspect of me is shoddy reasoning at best, especially if you don't explain what about them is suspect. Also, I have been explaining my votes so I'm not sure where you are getting that from. I find it disconcerting that you include me in Kevin/Mentos/Mac. Even if ou don't trust me, you can always find me suspicious apart from them. But grouping me with them doesn't make any sense.

Pierre, any reason for the increased activity?

Mashy, thoughts on the situation? What do you think about Rockin, Riddle and Pierre specifically. I find it odd that you are starting to lurk at a time like this.

Are people in general suspicious of the people who were on the KevinM wagon yesterday?

Pierre the Scarecrow

Grasping at Straws
I'm not in wonderland nor have I read it so yes this is the first time I would have encountered this power like.

I'll answer your question later I just find the fishing for governor thing stupid when this is the first time I've encountered it on SWF.
I'm in your camp on this one because there is no CC to you, however, that is fairly poor reasoning. Not only am I sure that you have been in a game with its partner role (executioner) but you do not need to have been in a game with a role before to prepare for it. If that point seems weak to you, then this one should be strong - if you actually were hidden-pleading to the governor to pardon you as mafia, then it wouldn't matter if you've played with it before, because you have 2ish scum-mates who might have played with it and/or told you to claim doc instead of just giving up.

I really do look forward to your answers to my and Macman's questions.

Kevin/Pierre, there are questions that I have asked that you have yet to address. Also, it bugs me that you focus on this governor thing when there are many more inconsistencies behind your doc claim, and the reasoning for your actions.
I might currently think KevinM is good-claim town doctor, but you seem to have kind of over-lumped me into KevinM there. We arent the same person. Anyways, I agree with you that if mentosman is scum, this cop claim gambit is kind of early because its definitely not lylo tonight - unless mentosman thought he were very much in danger of being lynched today and though the sooner claim is the better claim, and also if he thought that his unknown-sanity cop claim could last him two game days. I haven't yet decided if I think he is gambiting scum or floundering cop.

I do know that I'm looking forward to seeing him answer the pretty good question Gheb asked him about why he chose his two current investigations.

Theres a few... December is upon us and I find myself with a lot of free time, the game is more serious/dangerous right now for me seeing as how people started putting votes on me yesterDay and I know that is a bad thing, and its been 2 days without a scum-lynch so now is a good time to begin unraveling the scum correct lynch by correct lynch. Also, there are two big power claims, and my pillar died last night.

Why, did you enjoy me more when I was a bunch of straw?

questions remain:

@Marshy, Cacti, KevinM, SwordsR:
Who are you looking at as your primary lynch target, and your secondary lynch target, and why?

@Mentosman:
Given your current claimed data, same questions.

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
What question did I answer that was directed towards Marshy? Also, you think that kevinM is a mafia doctor, but there is no town protective role?
I suggested that he may be a mafia doctor. I don't know. This game would be broken if there was a mafia gov though. Also, the post I was referring to was this one:
Who is a strong player that is confirmed town Marshy?

Pierre said:
@SwordsR: Who are you looking at as your primary lynch target, and your secondary lynch target, and why?
I'm thinking riddle now as the primary lynch. He's been getting more and more inactive as more people started to find him suspicious. Also, Gheb made a pretty legit case against him, look back to find it. As the secondary lynch, i'm thinking maybe Cacti. I'm not sure though. Cacti has been tunneling for half of D1 and D2. Makes me suspicious....

Rockin, Riddle, and cacti need to post more.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
@Mentos

I think you're paranoid assuming your claim isn't a lie. I don't think that there are 2 useful cops (insane or regular are both useful), a doc, a governor and an excecutioner in a 13 player game unless mafia has some power hitters.
Why did you investigate Pierre and Kevin of all the people though? D1 you were all about "Cacti or swords is scum" and you confirmed this D2 too IIRC and now you claim to have inestigated two completely different people? Mind elaborating on your thought process here?

First and foremost, who's to say that Omni was sane? I don't know why everyone seems to believe that cop sanities have to be revealed upon death. Not to say I don't think I could be paranoid, but I've heard this said so much it's starting to get ridiculous. Cop sanities DO NOT have to be revealed on death. To quote mafiascum wiki: "Sanity may or may not be revealed upon death, according to the mod's discretion." As I have said many times, we don't even know what sanity Omni was, none-the-less myself. Don't use the fact that there isn't a modifier on Omni's cop death to discredit the possibility that I am sane or insane(and sane/insane cop in one game NOT that unlikely. Look at Dinomafia, extremely balanced with a day cop and a night cop, both sane.)

To the other question, I've already explained this I believe, but if not here it is. Kevin is one of the hardest players to read on SWF. Players like that are better investigations than players more likely to slip up and easier to read in general. Pierre got investigated because he was suspected from several, and wasn't posting enough for me to even try to get a read on him.

No protective role CC makes me not want to see KevinM die any time soon, to be frank.

Jump into this game, Riddle. We need it. I'm doing it, you can too.

Governor is on the mind because the doc claim was surprising considering it happened post your lynch, also because there is a town executor who is a mason partner with someone, and governor and executor have hand-in-hand powers mechanically. Also, someone in a currently running game (Wonderland) flipped governor and pardoned someone. And, so, no, the governor was not out of nowhere.

There is nothing scummy about proxing my vote to a town clear. In fact, if I were mafia, I would be directly weakening my power and adding to theirs, when I simply just not do that and post my own false opinions and lead towards a townie lynch. Nevertheless, I can easily understand why you are peeved by it. Too bad, I guess.

I am willing to consider KevinM town because there is no CC. I don't think you address that.

The things I said about Riddle are completely true.

@Marshy, Cacti, KevinM, SwordsR: Who are you looking at as your primary lynch target, and your secondary lynch target, and why?

@Mentosman: Given your current claimed data, same questions.
Now, Several things. First and foremost, mafia doctor is not unheard of, so I'm not sure why you act like Swords considering it is scummy. Also, there's always the possibility of NO protective roles in a game. Don't consider Kevin clear as water just because there's no CC to his doc claim.

Ok, so he claimed Doc after his lynch(which he has given a relatively reasonable explanation for although I don't like the next in a long line of contradictions. You then mention the fact that there is a town executioner masoned with someone, NOBODY KNEW THAT AT THE TIME. I don't see why this is a reason to believe governor fishing, because nobody knew Circus was an executioner, and I don't see how this influences anything. Also, Governor/executioner don't really go hand in hand, governor is pretty much always town(or broken), whereas executioner is more commonly a one-shot mafia power. The reference to Wonderland mafia means nothing either: This game started earlier, and Kevin wasn't in Wonderland anyway. No reason to consider it based on that game.

I'm not sure who exactly I'd want to lynch. Right now my results mean nothing: Without Kevin's flip I can't tell if I'm sane, insane, or paranoid. This is frustrating obviously, and I would love to lynch one of those two to make sure I'm not a sane cop. However, I also don't know that it's the best idea, and I don't have a solid lynch choice yet.

governor fishing is the wrong term for what he was doing, its more like governor baiting. And I fail to believe you didn't think or consider that the possibility that there was a governor. I know that either in this game or in BWM, people have speculated about the existence of a governor and had at the very least brought it up.

I would just like to say, that there is absolutely no reason vig should not try to test kevins power tonight.

Gheb, the contradictions are between Mentos and KevinM, and to a little further extent Pierre. Not me. I just have strong opinions on the situation. It would make sense to you that I'd be scum and bother Kevin/Mentos wouldn't be? That doesn't make sense given the current situation. Using my voting patterns as an excuse for why you are suspect of me is shoddy reasoning at best, especially if you don't explain what about them is suspect. Also, I have been explaining my votes so I'm not sure where you are getting that from. I find it disconcerting that you include me in Kevin/Mentos/Mac. Even if ou don't trust me, you can always find me suspicious apart from them. But grouping me with them doesn't make any sense.

Mashy, thoughts on the situation? What do you think about Rockin, Riddle and Pierre specifically. I find it odd that you are starting to lurk at a time like this.

Are people in general suspicious of the people who were on the KevinM wagon yesterday?
Firstly: Not sure on vig testing Kevin's powers. Without knowing what sanity I am, we don't know that my role can't be useful yet. By telling the vig to test Kevin, it opens the door for mafia to make SURE I can't be made useful.

And to the question about the Kevin wagon: Not at all. Not just because I was on it, but also because he refused to claim, looked scummy through the game. While it's very possible scum was on that wagon, we A)don't know Kev's alignment, and B)there was a good case on him and it's very possible townies would want to lynch him. Basically, there's not enough info to tell if it was scum infested or not.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
hey pierre. why mentos over kevin. Mentos claims an investagative role, kevin claims a overwifomed vanilla townie. If we were to lynch one, why should we pick Kevin?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Ah, that's probably true. When I read through the thread I always pictured these scenarios as Kev vs Mentos with Macman standing/commenting on the sidelines. It's probably not as suspicious as I thought. I guess I'm just starting to overthink things again.

First and foremost, who's to say that Omni was sane? I don't know why everyone seems to believe that cop sanities have to be revealed upon death. Not to say I don't think I could be paranoid, but I've heard this said so much it's starting to get ridiculous. Cop sanities DO NOT have to be revealed on death. To quote mafiascum wiki: "Sanity may or may not be revealed upon death, according to the mod's discretion." As I have said many times, we don't even know what sanity Omni was, none-the-less myself. Don't use the fact that there isn't a modifier on Omni's cop death to discredit the possibility that I am sane or insane(and sane/insane cop in one game NOT that unlikely. Look at Dinomafia, extremely balanced with a day cop and a night cop, both sane.)
That looks a lot like SLJ2 now. Problem: If we lynch Kev/Pierre and one of them flips town then what? Then it's possibly lylo but surely at least mylo and we have a claimed cop who is responsible for a mislynch and we neither know his sanity nor do we know if he's a cop at all. Lynching one of these 2 players only based on your cop claim can work out really badly.

To the other question, I've already explained this I believe, but if not here it is. Kevin is one of the hardest players to read on SWF. Players like that are better investigations than players more likely to slip up and easier to read in general. Pierre got investigated because he was suspected from several, and wasn't posting enough for me to even try to get a read on him.
This sounds pretty believable.

I'm not sure who exactly I'd want to lynch. Right now my results mean nothing: Without Kevin's flip I can't tell if I'm sane, insane, or paranoid.
This is the problem: Even if he flips town you can't tell if you're paranoid or insane and none of the players can tell if you're town alligned at all.

@Marshy / Riddle / Rockin

Why are you lurking now? Top3 suspicions + reasoning gogogo.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
I'm back. Gimme time to catch up and figure out where prods/votecounts (since steel fails at PW GIFS) are needed.

Thanks Steel :3

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
why are people telling like half the game "name 2-3 suspects?" that seems like it helps scum

and yeah i've been neglecting this because i'm kind of over power roles being scummy. why can i never be cop/doc/vig? gdamn [/butthurt] please prod riddle

Riddle

Smash Lord
Requesting Replacement

I've just...lost interest in mafia. I'mma take a break or maybe just quit for good.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Haha and I hate being a cop in any game where there's more than one. My strategy woulda been golden in a single cop game:/ Anyway, Gheb, while I see where you're coming from, I also know that let's say we lynch someone not one of those two today, and they flip town. We go to 8 remaining, or(likely) 5 town v 3 scum, which is mylo. If I get an inno result tonight, and we don't know what Kevin/Pierre flip compared to my investigation, tomorrow we're in mylo with a 50/50 chance of hitting scum because the governor saved Kevin and I wasn't able to test my claim. Sure, if we hit scum today and I get an inno tonight, we can figure things out before there's an issue. But if we don't test my sanity today, if we hit a townie and I get an inno I have NO idea what lynch to push in a situation where we can't be wrong. If we're going to risk a townie lynch, I would like to have it at least let me know if I'm sane or not so I know what I'm doing tomorrow.

Top Bottom