• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

tdk_Samurai

Smash Ace
axe - all due respect, but you got grabbed when you were above 100 and below 150 like 2 times in both of those sets. One of them you teched on a platform on YS, the other, you teched on the dock on water stage. But if you insist that dthrow doesn't ever combo to knee, I'll take your word for it.

Luke - next time we play, you need to help me work on getting out of that ****. idk, maybe I'll try a different controller or some ****? I don't know what I could possibly do to di better than what I do.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
I'll give you the crash course on DI next time we play brett
and i still have that book i want to give to you
you work this weekend? since we're not going to big c's we should have an std i really want to play, i've got hella momentum and drive from the nesn00b memorial tourny

chiZZLeSD

Smash Lord
would Silent Spectre do it wrong?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JnXMlJfzCQ throughout the entire match

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxVQt1NmaGs the only ones he hit me with were tech chased

i know GG7 isn't doing it wrong, i seriously don't think you can hit pika with it unless he doesn't DI away
jeff does nothing wrong lol. i think you just have superior DI skill to most pikachus. so maybe.. on a lesser pikachu the throws -> knee would work :p .. dont mean to sound like im dickriding though lol

AXE 09

Smash Master
jeff does nothing wrong lol. i think you just have superior DI skill to most pikachus. so maybe.. on a lesser pikachu the throws -> knee would work :p .. dont mean to sound like im dickriding though lol
lol well i mean... DIing away isn't hard to do, anyone can do it.

i guess i'll just have to find out the hard way against higher level falcon players =)

(although, finding a falcon higher than GG7's level is hard.... i dunno if you guys know exactly how good he really is)

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
And wasn't Jeff really good last time I checked? >_>
Axe's name is also Jeff, just so you know.

Anyways, he 3-0'd SS in friendlies at Pat's house. I can speak from experience as well how good Axe is at the match-up. Falcon gets combo'd and gimped/edgeguarded really easily. He also doesn't have easy set-ups to KO Pikachu.

Jeff always avoids my dthrow knees :/ I can't seem to do it as Pika, but I think I just forget to also mash jump as I'm DIng away.

Chu v. Cort is an entertaining old example of the match-up.

P.S. GG7 is overrated, I have beaten him with Pichu.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
thumbs speaks the truth.

no1 cares anymore about what pro falcon you ***** with what low tier character

Falcon sucks and we've all accepted that.

chiZZLeSD

Smash Lord
Axe's name is also Jeff, just so you know.

Anyways, he 3-0'd SS in friendlies at Pat's house.

friendlies are a lot different from tournament play. not taking away from axe or anything, just saying it might not be that easy for axe if they were to play a tourney set. both jeffs are really good

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
few things since the last time i posted

mogwai is cool but he would definitely, definitely not beat me in a pika falcon mm considering, despite it being way long ago im assuming we've both improved similarly, i go even with his falco

even if uthrow knee doesnt work if they DI away, just uthrow uair knee starting at like 50% and you'll kill pikachu

pikachu is probably like ice climbers, in that you can dthrow knee all of them except chu dat somewhat consistently

long story short, if pikachu beats falcon or even goes even with him, then marth beats falcon like 80-20 and fox beats falcon 100-0 and sheik beats falcon 120- -20

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
well, I think BigD would probably pack my Pikachu's **** in with Falcon cause he's smart with Falcon and I'm dumb with Pikachu, but we should still $1 MM it at Pound 4 cause I like MM falcons with Pikachu.

We should also do Falcon vs. Falco like $5 to make sure we play.

AXE 09

Smash Master
well, I think BigD would probably pack my Pikachu's **** in with Falcon cause he's smart with Falcon and I'm dumb with Pikachu, but we should still $1 MM it at Pound 4 cause I like MM falcons with Pikachu.

We should also do Falcon vs. Falco like $5 to make sure we play.
i'll root for any pikachu player =)

at Genesis, i played Hax in a $20 MM.... it was kinda funny, Hax vs Axe lol. couldn't tell who was cheering for or against me. but i 3-0'd him... but i guess i probably just got lucky, cuz he kinda did really good against me in crews lol.

but what about these vids???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0G3Bl...eature=channel match 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eVMw...eature=channel match 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJ4tJ...eature=channel match 3

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
mogwai lets just call it a $5 mm cause i wanna reserve the right to possibly ditto you as well, and play dk if its a huge emergency

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
**** didnt know hax played axe!

either way, who cares!!!

axe, $20 MM at pound!?!?

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
Plank already said 10-1 odds for low tiers did he not!? So by $20 he obviously means that axe gets $200 if he wins! OH ****

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
guys just to let you know, roy's up throw won't kill you at 200% on the top platform of dreamland without DI. in fact, you don't even go into the magnifying glass

oh, and a nair from roy is pretty much a insta KO at 294%

just FYI

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
they dropped the tier list on the floor

and picked it up upside down

the tier list they wrote on the boards is upside down

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
lol well i mean... DIing away isn't hard to do, anyone can do it.

i guess i'll just have to find out the hard way against higher level falcon players =)

(although, finding a falcon higher than GG7's level is hard.... i dunno if you guys know exactly how good he really is)
aww thank you jeffrey :-D

yeah gg7's supposed to be pretty good

im excited to play him eventually
scar! i can't wait to play you man, i'm pretty excited about you moving to norcal, maybe we'll meet at a socal tournament. you're the man. THE PEOPLE'S CHAMPION.

P.S. GG7 is overrated, I have beaten him with Pichu.
i hate you jackie, ONE MATCH AND YOU TALK LIKE YOU CAN DO IT CONSISTENTLY. <3

Saying you beat a Falcon with Pichu is like saying you beat a Yoshi with Sheik. No one cares.
you're my hero now

(sorry for so many quotes, i had a few pages to go through so yeah)

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
i wanna see this falcon quad on yoshis story:

GG7
Thumbs
Scar
Jona

the amount of flashiness and just plain win would be amazing

Top Bottom