• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Left 4 Scum] Game Over: Scum Win

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Missed this before.

Not really, no. My stance from the beginning has pretty much been that we should utilize Day 1 as well as we can by getting a feel for all of the players. I'm not really sure why you posed this question to me and Ronike, because I think we're two of the people who have already most clearly stated our opinions on that (in opposite directions).

Though I don't know that I agree with the idea that we'd start Day 2 in "half RVS." Once we have incaps, I definitely think real discussion will create itself, to a degree.

Vyse, how do you feel about Sold2? Do you think the votes on him are justified? I'm not trying to lead you anywhere; I'm just curious.

@Xiivi: Where's the love? First Monster Island, now here? I'm just your wagon guinea pig, aren't I?
Just shooting in the dark to see if I hit something mate. As for Sold2, the votes were justified til after Gheb and McFox placed their votes. Sold's been contributing so no complaints from me.

Vyse, what do you think happened to Sold1?
lol :)

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Hey, Xiivi, wanna start actually being productive for a second? Wagons are fun and all, but I don't see you doing jack**** outside of bullying other people into voting me. I don't expect you to drop the wagon since you apparently still expect me to crack somehow (and I'm sure I'm probably only, like, halfway to a lynch), but there are 16 other players for you to look at in this game. Let's try walking while we chew this gum, shall we?
which votes on you are from my 'bullying'?

specifics plz

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Avoiding my point. It doesn't matter who's on my wagon, nor does it matter why they're there. What matters is that you seem content to push my wagon and do absolutely nothing else. I don't know what you think you're going to get out of this that makes everyone else in the game worth ignoring, but I think you should consider looking into some other people while you're at this, because we have plenty of ground to cover. Even Marsh King is at least commenting on other ****.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Okay so I am back now, and hopefully for a good while without another extended V/LA.

Catching up forreal in a bit.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Are people suspicious of Circus because of those potential breadcrumbs?

:059:

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Vote Count:
[6] Circus (Xiivi, KevinM, Marsh King, McFox, Sold2, Ronike)
[5] Not Voting (Chaco, Kataefi, Mediocre, Vyse, Cello_Marl)
[2] Ronike (frozenflame, Macman)
[2] Cello_Marl (Mayling, Circus)
[1] frozenflame751 (mentosman8)
[1] Sold2 (Gheb_01)
[1] Gheb_01 (Pythag)
[0] Kataefi ()
[0] Pythag ()
[0] Vyse ()
[0] mentosman8 ()
[0] Mayling ()
[0] Chaco ()
[0] KevinM ()
[0] Macman ()
[0] McFox ()
[0] Mediocre ()
[0] The Marsh King ()
[0] Xiivi ()

With 18 players alive, it takes 10 to lynch.
A deadline has been set for Wednesday, December 16th, Noon EST.

Ronike

Smash Ace
His reactions were the straws that broke the camels back. That, plus the breadcrumbing and the general desire to end day 1 fairly fast makes Ronike a-ok with this lynch.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
His reactions were the straws that broke the camels back.
Specifics please? Can't really defend this when it's put in such vague terms.

That, plus the breadcrumbing...
There is no breadcrumbing.

...and the general desire to end day 1 fairly fast makes Ronike a-ok with this lynch.
Ok, I feel that this was worded very poorly. Right here, you're saying that you want to end Day 1 fairly fast, correct? Because if you're implying that I'm pushing for that, I'm gonna give you such a pinch.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Yeah, from what I remember, it was Ronike who wanted to end the day early, not Circus.

Unvote

Vote: Ronike

Meh, I'm wagon-hopping. There are several that I like.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
I like it

Unvote: Vote: Circus

My brain has difficulty processing this many players in one game, so I'm probably going to end up wagoning more than usual. Feel free to hold it against me.
I will hold it against you!

Sounds a bit like a scum excuse, but it's not a huge deal. Still, this is exactly the sort of thing I do as mafia. Admit my scummy behavior before or as I do it to make it seem less important.

I'm not participating with my wagoners more because that would be defending myself. And to defend myself, the wagoners actually have to have a point. Which they don't. So I'm not gonna defend myself. If you don't like what I'm suggesting you can lynch me.
This is incredibly confusing.

I think I understand what you're saying now, but if you could restate this for me I would appreciate it.

Hey, Xiivi, wanna start actually being productive for a second? Wagons are fun and all, but I don't see you doing jack**** outside of bullying other people into voting me. I don't expect you to drop the wagon since you apparently still expect me to crack somehow (and I'm sure I'm probably only, like, halfway to a lynch), but there are 16 other players for you to look at in this game. Let's try walking while we chew this gum, shall we?
Ugh, horrible reaction.

I mean, I don't know whether you're town or mafia for sure, but as either alignment obliquely attacking another player while you're the focus of a wagon is a very bad move.

Honestly, it really makes me want to vote you.

So I will.

Vote: Circus

Ok, I feel that this was worded very poorly. Right here, you're saying that you want to end Day 1 fairly fast, correct? Because if you're implying that I'm pushing for that, I'm gonna give you such a pinch.
Ugh, I'm forgetful enough that I don't even remember this, and tired enough that I don't want to look back and find it.

In any case, this feels less like a lash out to me (like the Xiivi thing did) and more like a genuine reaction. However, scum can be genuinely annoyed at what they feel are bad points against them, so that doesn't really do much to make me think that Circus is town.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
At first I was going to vote for Circus since I don't like my name and the word "hit" coming up together in one of his posts, but then I was thinking about one of the major points against him. The breadcrumbing thing.

First of all, I always thought that breadcrumbing was pretty stupid. It doesn't necessarily reward your intended target, but rather the observant. Yes, a person is more likely to find breadcrumbs if he or she is specifically looking at his or her partner's posts, but they would still have to be fairly easy to spot lest they be looked over.

Then, I was thinking about mentos's observation. It pointed out "Hit Cello", or maybe "Hits Ronike", wasn't connected to him, and earned him points for making the observation. He then went on to comment on how pointing out breadcrumbs would destroy scum communication and help town.

But, how does that help town, really? If the scum are forced to act independently, doesn't that make it more difficult for us to link their actions? Frankly, this sounds more like a hidden message saying, "Don't lay down breadcrumbs".

Vote Mentosman

Ronike

Smash Ace
Avoiding my point. It doesn't matter who's on my wagon, nor does it matter why they're there. What matters is that you seem content to push my wagon and do absolutely nothing else. I don't know what you think you're going to get out of this that makes everyone else in the game worth ignoring, but I think you should consider looking into some other people while you're at this, because we have plenty of ground to cover. Even Marsh King is at least commenting on other ****.
Sounds like frustrated scum to me.

It really seems like you were breadcrumbing. I mean seriously, the starts of your paragraphs that kinda seemed randomly broken up, have these random words at the start that just happen to spell hits? Too many coincidences.

Yes I want to end the day early. At the very least, it gives scum less time to coordinate, which only gives us a bigger advantage day 2.

McFox, stop trying to tell your scumbuddies your targets through the constant wagon hopping please.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
welp not much happened.

though i think the circus breadcrumb point was interesting, I would be way more for it if the breadcrumb was more obvious/clear.

and ronike needs to be lynched over circus.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
Um, well , I'm getting pro-town reads from both CelloMarl and S2. I play with both these players a bit, so I guess that's why I feel 'qualified' to make this comment. :(

I don't think I agree with a Circus or a Ronike lynch... Probably Ronike over Circus if I had to pick between the two.

unvote

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Ugh, horrible reaction.

I mean, I don't know whether you're town or mafia for sure, but as either alignment obliquely attacking another player while you're the focus of a wagon is a very bad move.
I guess I don't really get this. I could understand if I was OMGUSing Xiivi or if I were trying to desperately bully him off my wagon or something, but I'm not. I'm just pointing out something about the way he's playing that's frustrating me. Do you disagree with the idea that he's focusing on nothing outside of my wagon? If you do, what else has he done? If you don't, then do you disagree that that's a problem? Not necessarily a scumtell, but at least inefficient town play? Because that was all I was getting at.

Sounds like frustrated scum to me.
Yes. A word you could use to describe how I'm feeling would definitely be frustrated. And here's why.

From what I can tell, the wagon that started on me several days ago was meant to be a sort of bend-until-they-break kind of deal. Not a Circus-did-something-scummy-so-lynch-him kind of deal. Under that assumption, I had no problem with taking the wagon, assuming people would realize I'm not worth anyone's time and move on to other people to see if they slip. Or at least multitask (my problem with Xiivi). That hasn't happened. My wagon has gotten bigger, which is not a problem on it's own, but we're starting to get to a point where I'm looking like the only lynch option. Xiivi is content to ride my wagon and nothing else. Medi is content to coast all game and post when it's safe like he always does. No one seems to be interested in the fact that Chaco and Frozen still haven't posted **** and Cello just made his second mildly useful post of the entire game (though I do appreciate his ability to not jump on the easy suspect). And here you are, pushing for my lynch more than a week before the deadline. It's become increasingly more apparent what's going to happen. We're going to dance like this for the next few days because no one wants to scumhunt. The deadline will nearly be upon us and it'll be too late to try and wagon anyone else. In order to avoid a No Lynch, I'll be lynched over basically nothing. I'll flip town and you guys will learn nothing, so you'll essentially start D1 over again on D2, but this time possibly with 3 or 4 ticking time bombs on people.

Yes. It is frustrating to know this. This is pretty much my first time ever seriously being considered for lynch, so it's my first time coming face-to-face with the fact that arguing from this side of the vote feels like talking to someone underwater. Nothing I say helps my case at all. I try to get coasters to talk and that's scummy. I try to point out non-town behavior and that's scummy. I try to defend myself on false accusations and that's scummy. I show some emotion because I'm not a robot and I feel like I'm going to be wrongly lynched and that's scummy. Why am I even bothering?

It really seems like you were breadcrumbing. I mean seriously, the starts of your paragraphs that kinda seemed randomly broken up, have these random words at the start that just happen to spell hits? Too many coincidences.
"Too many coincidences?" How many coincidences is too many, one? It is one coincidence that the first letter of a few paragraphs in one of my posts happen to spell out the word "HIT." Those paragraphs aren't broken up any more randomly than any of my other paragraphs are, nor any of yours for that matter.

It would be one thing if I had managed to spell "INCAP" or something. Mentos might actually have something truly compelling if that were the case. But no. It's just "HIT." It's only three letters long and it's totally ambiguous to this game. It's nothing. It "really seems like [I'm] breadcrumbing" to you because you want me to be breadcrumbing. Because you want me to be scum. Or maybe because you are scum and I'm the easy way out.

Yes I want to end the day early. At the very least, it gives scum less time to coordinate, which only gives us a bigger advantage day 2.
This is just getting stupidly one-tracked. You neglect to mention that, while this does technically give scum less time to coordinate (how much coordinating do you really expect them to be able to do?), it also gives town a lot less discussion time. You are insisting that we shortchange the town by throwing away valuable time so that we can hurry up to D2 with no information and the scum lose what is equatable to nothing.

*sigh* I'm actually out of breath after typing all of that. That's embarrassing.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
aw, circus's appeal to emotion worked. I completely don't want to lynch him at all.

Xiivi

Premium
BRoomer
guys there will be lots and lots of tons and tons of information & connections tomorrow if we quicklynch circus right now! gogogogo.

or quicklynch ronike, i like to keep my options open

cello stop saying stuff i'm supposed to say tomorrow, i hate you already.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
I still don't get the circus wagon... I understand why a quick lynch could be good. But I think it could be better spent. I thought Circus' reaction to Xiivi sounded genuine.

If this is supposed to be a random lynch, and one that will still give us connections on day 2, then I'd rather waste it on someone who isn't exactly posting useful stuff... looking @you macman. Or possibly an inactive member?

vote: Macman

for now...

Saying that, I think Ronike is just sooo overdramatic and I love it but I still have my suspicions... mainly for really digging deep into Circus, pushing for that lynch a little too mechanically in a time where I can only think of very shallow reasoning to vote anyone.

Referring to this post:

His reactions were the straws that broke the camels back. That, plus the breadcrumbing and the general desire to end day 1 fairly fast makes Ronike a-ok with this lynch.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'll be slowly going over Circus over the next day or so. Finals blow. RL johns wooo. I suck deal with it.

Defensive scum or frustrated town. That's the question to answer atm. Other wagons are kinda meh atm.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Circus wagon appeals to me.

Further reading required.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Vote: Gheb

I already caught him as scum before the game even started. Everyone just vote him so we can go to the next day.

Also, I'm wary of anyone who didn't post their zombie apocalypse plan, and that is all of you. IGMEOY, everyone.
I'd do things a bit differently, but your being from Australia, it's natural that our plans would be a bit different. Protip: Get to wherever you want to barricade yourself as quickly as possible, and fill all sinks, tubs, and anything you can find with water. Only drink what you absolutely need, and that can last a long time.

Vyse is clear.
I've never even checked it because the title of the thread is "You are an eighteen year old high school student:". It didn't sound like it applied to me, so I haven't looked at it.
Gheb voted me just for pressuring people to post their zombie apocalypse plans > he doesn't have one > he's been bitten.
Not really that suspicious of Gheb for now. It was more of an excuse to RVS vote him.

Unvote

Actually

Unvote

Vote: Sold2

As much as I like seeing new players, he has yet to say anything of value at all, unless you count

and

Which I don't.
EBWOP: Also, his joke vote on Vyse is still there, despite the fact that Vyse is clear.
I like it

Unvote: Vote: Circus

My brain has difficulty processing this many players in one game, so I'm probably going to end up wagoning more than usual. Feel free to hold it against me.
Pythag is in this game?!?!

I don't believe you.
You're now in? What changed from before?
10 quotes
Yeah, from what I remember, it was Ronike who wanted to end the day early, not Circus.

Unvote

Meh, I'm wagon-hopping. There are several that I like.
Only if you don't try to tell your scumbuddies that I could be easily framed now by not incapping me.
Thanks for your total lack of input on everything!
Vote: McFox

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
guys there will be lots and lots of tons and tons of information & connections tomorrow if we quicklynch circus right now! gogogogo.

or quicklynch ronike, i like to keep my options open

cello stop saying stuff i'm supposed to say tomorrow, i hate you already.
Xiivi, what exactly were you supposed to say tomorrow?

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
McFox said:
Good job, you caught me joining wagons that I like instead of forming new ones.

The fact of the matter is that I can't play the way I normally do with this many players. So my D1 strategy is to be a part of a wagon that I like when the day ends, while also showing where my other suspicions lie. If you're looking for further justification:
  • My vote on Gheb was RVS, stemming from a joke made before the game even started. Yes, I am aware that it's a common mafia strategy to play off a mistake as "I was joking!"
  • I voted Ronike for his suspicious early strategy that was clearly anti-town, or at LEAST not thought through very well.
  • I voted Sold to entice him to play, as at the time of my vote, he had a total of 2 posts, I want to say.
  • Voted Circus to put pressure on him and see how he handled the breadcrumbing accusation.
  • And now I'm back to Ronike because I find him legitimately the most suspicious player.
It's D1 and there are 18 people in the game. If you still have a problem with any of the above, then fine. But I have noted that you felt it necessary to quote all (?) of my posts, to make your post appear longer, and therefor your point to appear more legitimate than it was.

Xiivi

Premium
BRoomer
Possible connections.

Saying them now is dumb because if you're wrong about the person being scum, you look dumb. D:

And if you're right then you just told scum another thing not to do! D:

Pretty much goes back to the whole "Why did you bring up breadcrumbling on Day1 instead of Day2?" stuff people were talking about.

So yeah, I agree with Cello that mentos looked like he was saying "Don't lay breadcrumbs." I felt he was more of coaching Circus and attempting to prevent Circus doing it later, hence why I asked why he has avoided joining the wagon (Although Cello is right that it could be a general message instead of coaching).

Circus and Ronike have done some things I'd really love to look into if they flip scum. [In fact it was an interaction between Ronike and Circus that made me start up a Circus wagon where Ronike used the wording "Think about it, I shouldn't have to spell it out for you." I wanted to see where it would go, what both Circus' and Ronike's reaction to the wagon would be, etc...] Hence why I'm pushing those lynches! :D

See! I'm not as completely clueless as I look. <3

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Ughhhhh. SWF just ate my post. Attempting to recreate now.

I'm glad I could be one of the town's guinea pigs. I'd be more okay with this little experiment if this were a regular game, but seeing as I'm a survivor, I'm not quite so comfortable with being one of the town's lynch variables. But I suppose it can't be helped. I'll admit, I feel better after my hissy fit earlier, so maybe I can go back to attempting to be productive. Sorry for the meltdown, everyone.

Quick hits before I start writing a paper I've been putting off all semester:

Pythag/McFox looks TvT to me. If there's scum between them, I'd say it's McFox.
Mayling is cool.
Kataefi is cool.
Worried about Mentos but heaven forbid I omgus him.
Xiivi continues to bust my balls, but I guess his explanation makes sense.
With Ronike, I keep wifom-ing myself into a headache.
I wish lots of other people would read up and post more.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
It's D1 and there are 18 people in the game. If you still have a problem with any of the above, then fine. But I have noted that you felt it necessary to quote all (?) of my posts, to make your post appear longer, and therefor your point to appear more legitimate than it was.
I think my claims are legit. By saying "whoa sorry guys, I'm not used to this many people" you write yourself a blank check for all of your actions? Especially when it's safest to just join on bandwagons like that.

So would it be legit if I just lurked the rest of the day saying "sorry guys, I'm not used not having a cop/doctor, so just don't expect a lot out of me" ? Under your logic, it seems so.

I also like the shot at my post. Sorry. From now on, I will post votes with absolutely no reason for votes whatsoever. Cool?

gghhh I'm getting pissed. Which is throwing me off. not fun.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Pythag imo there have been sooooo many people providing very little reasoning behind their votes. Despite singling out Mcfox, what do you have to say about the other people doing the same thing?

@Xiivi - I find your last post really perceptive. But why not focus on Ronike first if he essentially triggered your mindframe that one of the two between himself and circus might be scum? In the claim you make, Ronike sounds more guilty of scum.

A longer D1 I think could mean greater coordination between scum but saying that they'd have to risk burying breadcrumbs in order to identify one another. I feel a longer D1 will give town a greater ability to spot any signs of breadcrumbing or coordination.

_

@Circus I found your last post really strange compared to your other posts...

I'm deliberately taking some your statements out of context to show why I find them really strange.

I'm a survivor
When I initialy read this, I felt it was a little out of place amongst all the other references in your post. By references, I mean these quotes.

Ughhhhh. SWF just ate my post. Attempting to recreate now.
With Ronike, I keep wifom-ing myself into a headache.
I'm glad I could be one of the town's guinea pigs.
I'd be more okay with this little experiment
I'm not quite so comfortable with being one of the town's lynch variables.
Sorry for the meltdown, everyone.
You use a lot of terminology in this post that I just instantly associated with the likes of Left 4 Dead, Resident Evil, or your typical zombie action thriller especially considering the context of this mafia game.

The notion of feeling unwell, the headache, being a guinea pig, experimental subject etc etc... the idea that SWF 'ate' you - very characteristic of zombies. This all leads me to believe that you could actually be infected trying to communicate with this terminology to attract fellow scum.

Now this is where I found it really interesting:

Quick hits
You go on to list names. But you don't really list everyone who has spoken up in the game. Is this a hitlist?

unvote: Macman

vote: Circus

You used "quick hits" and then gave a list of people. This, in combination with other potential breadcrumbing from passed posts, is like coordination in the making to fellow scum you have yet to identify, or maybe you have...

Now this makes me think the word 'HITS' in your past post when you were, again, accused of breadcrumbing might not be such a coincidence after all!

If I'm looking too deeply into this then that's when your defence comes into it Circus... I'm keen to hear what you think as well as @everyone I've asked questions to!

Ronike

Smash Ace
We need to stop trying to break this game... That's how people lost disney...

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Kat, that was interesting. I look forward to hearing Circus' response.

Kat said:
Pythag imo there have been sooooo many people providing very little reasoning behind their votes. Despite singling out Mcfox, what do you have to say about the other people doing the same thing?
I was just going to wait and see if he did this on his own, or whether he'd decided to single me out.

I'm not being deceptive here. D1 is always a crapshoot for me even when there's significantly fewer players. Now that there's 18, I assumed that our D1 lynch would just end up being random. However, the more people post, the more like I feel that we have an actual chance to hit scum D1.

And Ronike... man, you just make yourself look worse in every post. There is no way in hell that looking for breadcrumbs is even CLOSE to "breaking the game."

Ronike

Smash Ace
Look, here's the deal: I do think Circus is the play. However, Kataefi just posted a bunch of little phrases he said and is trying to use that against him. Sorry if I'm just flat out missing something, but what would be the point of most of what he said? The ONLY phrase he used that I could see any point in is the "quick hits" mention. The rest of them are just... what? Seriously, explain to me how using those phrases is scummy at all, and then I agree with you, its not trying to break the game.

And before you say the whole "Oh its to attract scum's attention", that's BS. Scum is already going to be meticulously going over all the scum posts looking to coordinate, so adding in those words (most of which are common forum talk or mafia talk) is pointless.

Top Bottom