• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

thumbswayup

Smash Master
i like to call it combo DI when someone DIs so that you can combo them
I like to call it west coast DI

thumbs isn't flashy, i'm flashy. Thumbs just tries to win.
LOOLOOOOOL

This is completely false. I always go for the flashiest thing possible at the time, and try to turn every match into a combo video. This is also why I lose. Also, only your edgeguards with Falcon are flashy, not your combos.

EDIT- Holy **** looking at Magus' Ganon tech chasing spacies post, you can fair a tech in place and even if they roll behind you you have enough time to grab them after the missed fair. I think Jona made a post a while ago about kneeing a tech in place with Falcon and even if they tech roll you can still run and grab them. Now I KNOW I've done that before and I think it depends on how they DI the dthrow. Does it work all the time maybe? That **** would be broken if you always kneed in place and got a guaranteed grab no matter what.

Magus420

Smash Master
You definitely can't knee for a tech-stand and still regrab both tech-rolls. If you space the knee at max range, without a lot of forward momentum that would make you slide into them during the landing, and land directly on the 22nd landing frame (any sooner and it'll whiff the tech-stand), it's probably barely possible to catch a tech-roll through you with an instant JC grab behind while also kneeing the tech-stand and no tech. Realistically though, if you do have the knee covering the tech-stand the grab behind you isn't going to be guaranteed most of the time and they'd be able to shine/dodge/raptor boost.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
I like to call it west coast DI

LOOLOOOOOL

This is completely false. I always go for the flashiest thing possible at the time, and try to turn every match into a combo video. This is also why I lose. Also, only your edgeguards with Falcon are flashy, not your combos.
I wholeheartedly disagree. Flashy in my sense of the word means you try to do lots of **** that has a low chance of working but would be awesome if it does. You get great combos, but they're all things like massive amounts of tech chasing. I do things like trying to start combos with moonwalked reverse uairs, or scarjumping onto the stage, or ledge hop wavelanding onto yoshi's top platform and coming down with a knee or something.

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Someone explain middle jumping plx? I'm guessing it's just a different name for something I already know how to do. Just like some kid was telling me about "down canceling" one time and I was like wtf is that? And then he's like...blah blah blah...you get the story, it was crouch canceling T_T

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
it's a forbidden technique where you jump between the heights of your short hop and full hop. It's secrets are unknown to all but the most elite members of a secret society within the smash community. I could tell you more... but then I'd have to kill you.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
From magus' ganon post o techchasing, one thing i gathered was that if ganon grabs you, you're better off always teching away because only 2 of the 8-10 options he has covers a tech away. side-b and Down-B

that being said, once they catch on then can probably go for short hop dairs/fairs on your techs away, but once they start doing that, it becomes a mindgames.

im never teching in place/notech again vs ganon tho. Literally everything they do hits you lol

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
if he predicts the tech away he can just run at you and fair and you *might* **** up your DI since you'd be holding away for the tech

Tomacawk

Smash Master
yeah general rule of thumb for my vs ganon is NEVER tech in place because you'll eat a dair and then whatever else he wants after that
it's better to tech away or towards and take a fair/bair/down b than to take a dair

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
Someone explain middle jumping plx? I'm guessing it's just a different name for something I already know how to do. Just like some kid was telling me about "down canceling" one time and I was like wtf is that? And then he's like...blah blah blah...you get the story, it was crouch canceling T_T
hey hey its the middle hop

it's a forbidden technique where you jump between the heights of your short hop and full hop. It's secrets are unknown to all but the most elite members of a secret society within the smash community. I could tell you more... but then I'd have to kill you.
lmao

you guys are too much

the middle hop is **** tho

its the future of falcon's metagame

all based on back airs

for reals

SuperMatt

Smash Champion
note to self: play ganon next time against microwave and tomacawk and always guess tech roll away
lolo

but really after you do that 2-3 times you will start to get hammered i would think

Tomacawk

Smash Master
note to self: play ganon next time against microwave and tomacawk and always guess tech roll away
lolo

but really after you do that 2-3 times you will start to get hammered i would think
lol
WELL, i don't do it EVERY time, but I certainly do it until it begins being punished
and don't play ganon against me, he is my bane

Turazrok

Smash Master
I remember seeing this ganon, I think it was Renth, beating Scar in a set, He seemed to do fine.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
it's pretty even
ganon outranges and out prioritizes the **** out of douglass but the cap'n can uair combo ganon forever and ***** him with speed and can utilt ledgeguard ganon forever because he can't sweetspot

Rinsuku

Smash Rookie
Alright, since i'm not gonna dig through 425 pages of stuff just to find an answer to this question...

Can someone explain jab resetting with falcon. Examples would be nice too.

chaindude

Smash Journeyman
Ganon is good, it to me depends on the mindset of the players if ganon angles up a ftilt he can stop all your aerials so all you gotta do really is trick them into using a move and then ****

Rinsuku

Smash Rookie
is there a certain time when you have to jab them? Like...when they bounce or something. I can do it well. It works...like once in a while.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
it only resets if they are ont he ground

its character dependent/Di dependent when it stops working.

voorhese

Smash Master
lol today i noticed that if i am on the edge, then tap and hold back -> press jump -> press A
i wall jump off the edge, but i cant cant after words

i dont think the A is important, but it doesnt seem to work for me other wise ???

(w/ falcon)

Tomacawk

Smash Master
lol today i noticed that if i am on the edge, then tap and hold back -> press jump -> press A
i wall jump off the edge, but i cant cant after words

i dont think the A is important, but it doesnt seem to work for me other wise ???

(w/ falcon)

voorhese, what in the hell are you talking about
go back to the fox boards you weirdo lol
also about tap resets-fox can be tap resetted for the longest amount of time out of the cast
and sometimes they'll roll instead of stand up
so just be ready and react quickly
also what do you guys think of my new sig

AxelSlam

Smash Ace
Mur-mur-murder Capital Awesome Level: 9000+
voorhese, what in the hell are you talking about
go back to the fox boards you weirdo lol
also about tap resets-fox can be tap resetted for the longest amount of time out of the cast
and sometimes they'll roll instead of stand up
so just be ready and react quickly
also what do you guys think of my new sig
i saw that sig on a ygo website
pojo or dgz, forgot.
but **** is so cash

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
i love that sig.
Falcon has no good match-ups thereby making ganon > falcon.
I mean kage beat mang0. You dont see falcons beating mang0

(yeah SS took 1 set off him in how many years? and kage beat him twice in the same tourney? GG)

Top Bottom