• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phoenix Wright Mafia [GAME OVER!]

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Where's the contradiction pierre?

He dismissed a lot of discussion was inactive when he wasn't doing so and never was really the forefront on any wagon.
syntax is throwing me off a bit. care to rephrase?

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
You really can't make out the contradiction Mac? I'll leave it for Pierre to say to make sure he knew what he was talking about, but it's pretty clear.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
oh i just read the pierre part and thought it had something to do with that. i mean it's more like poor wording choice. Omni was the only person who I wasn't sure what his flip would bring. So his was like new info, but not as informative/helpful as I would have liked.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
^.^
And Rockin, I understand being busy, we all know it's killed my activity before, I'm just saying that while I would like to lynch a guilty to make sure I know what to do should I get an inno, I would also be fine with a lynch of some of the less active people knowing that a mislynch today likely puts us in lylo, and we need people who are active in endgame situations like that. Right now, I'm feeling a lynch between Marshy/Swords/Cacti. Marshy has dropped off the table a lot recently, and the other two have been lurking all game. With endgame approaching, I think we need to stop giving these people free passes and get to it. For right now
wouldn't it have been better to, you know, did that on D1 or D2? Meh, I dunno. If town wanted to get rid of all the inactive/unhelpful people, it should've been done on D1 or D2 IMO.

I don't really know what to think about Cacti, SwordsR, and Rockin. I feel they've contributed little and they don't promise to contribute any more. I see myself on their lynches.
Well again, sorry for being a bad player in general. I'm trying here, but there isn't too much to work with IMO T_T

Riddle has been replaced, so all the things he had done in the past is possibly null and void (I dunno really. I have to see what Kat says), several/all is pretty convinced that swords is town, and conflicts with Mentos' sanity. I dunno about everyone else, but I'm not sure where to really look at ftm (for the moment), so it's difficult to really scumhunt imo. Not complaining or anything, but I'm just finding it slightly hard to contribute.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Rockin, I'm going to paraphrase FF from another game here briefly, a player who lurks for the first day isn't a huge scumtell. A player who lurks through the entire game is a different story. When they continued to lurk D2, normally I would have been more on them, but I was trying to check my sanity and push a case on Kevin which had some merit. Now, they've lurked till late in the day potentially one day before an endgame/mylo situation, at which point it becomes a very potential scumtell.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
wouldn't it have been better to, you know, did that on D1 or D2? Meh, I dunno. If town wanted to get rid of all the inactive/unhelpful people, it should've been done on D1 or D2 IMO.

Well again, sorry for being a bad player in general. I'm trying here, but there isn't too much to work with IMO T_T

Riddle has been replaced, so all the things he had done in the past is possibly null and void (I dunno really. I have to see what Kat says)
, several/all is pretty convinced that swords is town, and conflicts with Mentos' sanity. I dunno about everyone else, but I'm not sure where to really look at ftm (for the moment), so it's difficult to really scumhunt imo. Not complaining or anything, but I'm just finding it slightly hard to contribute.
What like?!

How is anything Riddle done null and void just because he's left the game?

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
What like?!

How is anything Riddle done null and void just because he's left the game?
The fact that he's been coasting D2 and D3. There's still the cases he had in D1 that I would like to hear from Kat, but it's just the fact that he was coasting. I still need to see how Kat reacts to the cases Riddle has said in the past.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
i get more and more annoyed with the governor everytime i try to come back to this game and figure **** out.

what are peoples thoughts on having truths mason partner claim and forcing kevin to protect him for the rest of the game?
I would like everyone to answer this.

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
You don't touch on me at all except to say that you support my lynch. Compound, please.
Alright, here we go.

A. You say that you basically voting with circus gives the town more power. Whilst it may, this may just be a ploy to make yourself look less scummy. Explain that.
B. You painted a target on everyone's back when you posted on D1.
C. You haven't answered who your suspicions were and why. I asked you this and you just said that you saw yourself on persons a, b, and c's lynches. You don't give a reason, you don't even give a crappy reason.

Explain yourself pierre.

Waiting on answers from Cacti as well.

what are peoples thoughts on having truths mason partner claim and forcing kevin to protect him for the rest of the game?
Maybe having them claim isn't a bad idea, but having kevin claim and protecting them all game? A Mafia Mason partner is not unheard of. Having the possible vig test Kevin's claim is also lame. That's just a waste of time and a Vig kill.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
I agree its a waste of a vig kill. But I certainly don't want to deal with this Kevin bull**** in endgame. Much rather would nip it in the bud early.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Like why haven't we lynched Macman yet, the only thing you've done D2 and now D3 has been push hardcore for my lynch, you have not scum hunted or anything of that matter. You've only tried to manipulate how I use my power and get me lynched. Like i've made my case on why we should lynch Riddle, you didn't even acknowledge it, you just tried ANOTHER way to manipulate my power and now want to lynch me again. Who's more useless in that situation huh Mac?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
honestly. Why haven't we lynched Kevin yet?
Because almost everybody is scummy as shit (to me at least). When I look at individual players and the way they played so far I find it alarming how I wouldn't feel bad about any of them being lynched.
Kevin being alive at this point is complete WIFOM but just because of that it's so ridiculously easy for scum to tunnel against him now hoping to put us at mylo or lylo tomorrow. This makes me extremely unsure about mentos and macman because they're both are pushing his lynch hardcore. It's a very easy stance for scum to take but at the same time the reasoning has merit enough to make me doubtful about them being scum. Meanwhile people are given the free pass to endgame because they could just slipped under the radar D2 while everybody was tunneling.
But then again I'd kick myself in the ass so hard if Kevin actually is scum.

Though I still really think Riddle is our best bet toDay.

:059:

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
I asked you to rephrase your case because I didn't understand what you were saying.

you are purposely trying to be unhelpful. You stated that you would be ok dying becuz your role is completely WIFOMed up. I've been proposing ways to help solve this dilemma with my mason claiming plan. But you are shooting that down, and providing no reason as to why. I thought you wanted to die, so why are you against protecting someone whose basically clear, sacrificing your self if you were actually the doc.

so annoying I just don't understand.

Tell me why you are against the plan.

vote:kevinM

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Gheb, you do realize I haven't pushed for Kevin's lynch hard at all today right? So why lump me in with Macman? In fact, in my comments on testing sanity, I believe I have made comments that I would rather lynch Pierre than Kevin, and on top of this lately I have been discussing those who have lurked the whole game, none of which being my guilties. Yes, I pushed hard for his lynch yesterday, when we had at least 2 mislynches remaining, but if you recall I had a well thought out case on him that led me to do so, as well as the potential benefit of finding out if I was a real cop or not. I've pushed his lynch once, and when the governor stopped it, I by in large moved away. Seems like you're twisting my actions to sound like I have been tunneling Kevin today like Mac has to make me seem worse.

Unvote, Vote Gheb

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
gawd this is so annoying. Kevin explain why you were supposedly ok with getting lynched but are choosing to self protect the rest of the game?

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Because since everyone is like completely quiet lets just say for instance. Mafia just throws a fake claim out there. We lynch the wrong one today, they shoot me tonight, I flip doc tomorrow you lynch the other claimer. Do you HONESTLY like have enough information to win in Mylo when all you've done is tunnel me for three days?

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Gheb, you do realize I haven't pushed for Kevin's lynch hard at all today right? So why lump me in with Macman? In fact, in my comments on testing sanity, I believe I have made comments that I would rather lynch Pierre than Kevin, and on top of this lately I have been discussing those who have lurked the whole game, none of which being my guilties. Yes, I pushed hard for his lynch yesterday, when we had at least 2 mislynches remaining, but if you recall I had a well thought out case on him that led me to do so, as well as the potential benefit of finding out if I was a real cop or not. I've pushed his lynch once, and when the governor stopped it, I by in large moved away. Seems like you're twisting my actions to sound like I have been tunneling Kevin today like Mac has to make me seem worse.

Unvote, Vote Gheb
I like noticed this as well.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Because since everyone is like completely quiet lets just say for instance. Mafia just throws a fake claim out there. We lynch the wrong one today, they shoot me tonight, I flip doc tomorrow you lynch the other claimer. Do you HONESTLY like have enough information to win in Mylo when all you've done is tunnel me for three days?
you ****ing realize that the mason partner breadcrumbed his masonry with truth. Mafia can't counterclaim without getting outed.

need a real reason this time.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Because almost everybody is scummy as shit (to me at least). When I look at individual players and the way they played so far I find it alarming how I wouldn't feel bad about any of them being lynched.
Kevin being alive at this point is complete WIFOM but just because of that it's so ridiculously easy for scum to tunnel against him now hoping to put us at mylo or lylo tomorrow. This makes me extremely unsure about mentos and macman because they're both are pushing his lynch hardcore. It's a very easy stance for scum to take but at the same time the reasoning has merit enough to make me doubtful about them being scum. Meanwhile people are given the free pass to endgame because they could just slipped under the radar D2 while everybody was tunneling.
But then again I'd kick myself in the ass so hard if Kevin actually is scum.

Though I still really think Riddle is our best bet toDay.

Erm....Gheb. you do realized that Kat has replaced Riddle, right? o.o also, as Mentos said, he hasn't been pushing the KevinM lynch as hard as he did D2 cause he's too busy wondering about his sanity and going the more safer route (like on Pierre)

Macman - I wouldn't mind the mason claiming, but he can do it on his own accord if he likes. As far as protecting him all game, I disagree with it, only cause we can't force KevinM to protect. Also, you never know, there could be some more note-worthy people to protect (like maybe Mentosman).

I'm a bit curious as to what Marshy has to say. Usually, he pushes pretty hard on doc lynches, but I don't think he's done that this time (or at least in D3), so I want to hear his imput on this.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I did not actually realize that like. I don't understand why you're getting so frustrated. You want me so badly to get lynched haha like, why don't you look somewhere else.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Kevin I want you to explain all the contradictions. I want to know why you are not down with the masonclaim plan.

im annoyed cuz noone else sees how antitown you are being.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party

Unvote, Vote Gheb
And where exactly have I been twisting your actions here? Are you telling me that you were not tunneled against Kevin? Yes, toDay you've been a lot easier with him. Overall however, you and Macman are the two players pushing his lynch the most and yesterDay you were indeed pushing it hardcore. Just because you don't do it right now doesn't mean that you've never done it. My opinion remains the same: It's suspiciously easy to advocate the Kevin lynch and I wish people would take a more critical stance on the people pushing his lynch. At this point I'd say Kevin is a fallback lynch in case we don't find somebody better or if the WIFOM gets too much to handle.

Now tell me: What'd you think about a player, who advocates the lynch of the claimed doc and possibly putting us at mylo as a resut just to check his sanity, which may not even be helpful in the slightest? When you don't even know if his claim is believable or just a flat-out lie? If you look at it from that point of view (not knowing about your role) I think it's fairly easy to see that I'm bringing up a legitimate concern here. You may not be doing it now but you have been doing it before and it's not like it never happened just because you changed your mind about it. I haven't said anything that isn't or has never been the case so the accusation that I'm twisting your words/action has a very fragile fundament.

The underlined part also makes it look like it's a pre-emptive OMGUS vote to me. You say I try to make you seem worse? Unless you can evidently show me how and why my reasoning against your ideas or what I have said is wrong I don't see why you'd think that.

Erm....Gheb. you do realized that Kat has replaced Riddle, right?
This is so frustrating. I already had a huge case against Riddle D2 and nothing about that changed at all. Just because he's being replaced doesn't mean that everything said about him is "null and void" now. Riddle is still our best lynch toDay.

marshy and gheb. You didn't answer my question about mason claiming.
I don't see the point of it. With Circus dead the claim isn't verifiable without lynching. Sounds like a good CC opportunity for scum for even more WIFOM than we already have. I don't think he should unless he's about to get lynched. For all we know he could still be a scumbag...
Doc on him all the time looks pretty pointless too not to mention that Kev probably wouldn't protect him.

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
Riddle has been replaced, so all the things he had done in the past is possibly null and void (I dunno really. I have to see what Kat says).
No, no, absolutely not! Just because Kat replaces riddle doesn't excuse kat from all that scummy crap that riddle did. Chaco was also very scummy, and you replaced him. That doesn't excuse you from what he did at all.

Cacti, you're really starting to piss me off with your inactivity at this point.

unvote, Vote: Cacti

Pierre, once again, tell me who are your suspicions and why. I gotta run to school, be back later.

Cacti

Smash Journeyman
Thoughts on things:

Mentosman's cop claim

I believe him, but I think he's paranoid. I really don't think that he's insane, as a sane and insane cop may be overpowered. I guess he might be sane, but I'm really not sure about Pierre. He might be town.

I'm not sure if this would be a good idea. It would get us a clear, and if mafia killed Kevin (if he is not mafia), it would help us figure out mentos' sanity. On the other hand, it sets up some wifom if Kevin is not mafia, with the mafia not killing Kevin and leading to us thinking that he's mafia. I don't think that this would be a good idea.

On the vig testing, I don't see anything bad about doing that. Kevin claims that he will protect himself every day, so if a vig has nothing to do, he should shoot him. Nothing to lose.

@Gheb, why wouldn't Mentos push for a lynch on Kevin D2? He just got a guilty on him, and that was his first investigation. He stopped going after Kevin on D3 because he got another guilty, and started questioning his sanity. It seems like you are twisting his actions; you make it seem that it is bad that Mentos was tunneling on Kevin the whole of D2, but why wouldn't he? Maybe he's just a cop who wanted his guilty dead without revealing himself.

@Rockin, why do you say that everything Riddle has done is now null and void?

Anyone else think that Kevin might be distancing himself from wonderland mafia? In Wonderland, there was a governor, and he said that he never read it and has never seen a governor before, while I think that he might've been governor fishing/baiting at the end of D2. He also said that he broke out of jail, which is something I think all town has on their PMs maybe to try to make his flavor stronger. Kind of like how in wonderland with the "loyal/disloyal" town pms. This is all just speculation though.

I think that we should lynch one of Mentosman's reports though, to figure out his sanity better. My only suspicion right now is Kat, mainly from Riddle, who I would like to hear from right now. I would be fine with lynching him.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
I don't see the point of it. With Circus dead the claim isn't verifiable without lynching. Sounds like a good CC opportunity for scum for even more WIFOM than we already have. I don't think he should unless he's about to get lynched. For all we know he could still be a scumbag...
Doc on him all the time looks pretty pointless too not to mention that Kev probably wouldn't protect him.

You reading the thread? You said the same **** that Kevin just said. Truth said his partner breadcrumbed his masonry with him. So the claim is EASILY verifiable. And even if someone did CC that would give us a ****load more info than we have now.

It bewilders me how you want to clear Kevin based on the fact that no other doc has cced. Remind you of Simpsons mafia much? You don't find it scummy that kevin won't protect a clear? Reallly? Really. You are much smarter than this so I'm starting to find it scummy that you are letting him fly by solely on his claim despite the other scummy things he's done.

I'm not sure if this would be a good idea. It would get us a clear, and if mafia killed Kevin (if he is not mafia), it would help us figure out mentos' sanity. On the other hand, it sets up some wifom if Kevin is not mafia, with the mafia not killing Kevin and leading to us thinking that he's mafia. I don't think that this would be a good idea.
Cacti, if mafia chooses to not kill Kevin, it's their loss. Yes that wifom would be there but the thing is, unless we kill Kevin now. The wifom is there ANYWAYS. Except this way, we have a clear that can't get nightkilled without revealing Kevin's lie. Would you rather continue the wifom we have now? or actually try and do something about it?

Kevin continues to ignore my questions.

sigh

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Gheb: your misconstruing of my actions applies because you talk about me pushing a claimed doctor lynch which I absolutely have not. Pushing it yesterday doesn't apply to your original point, because you talked about it being easy to push a lynch on a doc claim, not it being easy to push a lynch on Kev yesterday. And if you think it was scummy to push a lynch on Kev yesterday, well, the majority of the town agreed with that lynch, and the only reason it didn't happen was the governor. And don't say that's not what you said, in the original post I responded to you talked about how Kevin being alive was all WIFOM and very easy to tunnel on, and that me and Mac are both pushing his lynch hardcore. Welcome to the present tense, something that makes it quite clear you weren't talking about yesterday.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
see now thats a valid argument. I was also thinking about that. Wondering why kevin/others didn't bring that up.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
sigh

i thought about it after the fact and by then I just wanted people to respond.

clearly this is a lost cause...

Top Bottom