• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Q&A Thread

Padô

Smash Lord
Guys...

I think the MikeHAZE grab release > FSmash is true seriously they are hyping it too much...
Maybe some videos are coming out soon... MAYBE.
Whatever, maybe another stupid Hype like DASC...

A question... Best way to gimp falcos recovery:?

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Guys...

I think the MikeHAZE grab release > FSmash is true seriously they are hyping it too much...
Maybe some videos are coming out soon... MAYBE.
Whatever, maybe another stupid Hype like DASC...

A question... Best way to gimp falcos recovery:?
What are you talking about grab release to fsmash is old.....

I like to fair him Nair isn't bad either

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
^ They just need to time it right and it will tipper. I believe if it's not stutter stepped it tippers somewhere behind Marth's head, meaning you'll go backwards.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
^ They just need to time it right and it will tipper. I believe if it's not stutter stepped it tippers somewhere behind Marth's head, meaning you'll go backwards.
Yeah it's weird LoL I had that happen to me the other day. You'll go the opposite direction of whichever way he's facing. So it can kill pretty early if he gets the grab off close to the edge of the stage. However, the overwhelming vast majority of marth's don't practice it enough. The only Marth i've seen doing it is Haze mostly they will go with an utilt or usmash.

Humpy Thrashabout

Smash Journeyman
A while ago someone put up a video of a Wario escaping Snake's GR -> Nair by using the bike. I've been doing some playing around and a lot of GR's can be escaped completely or I think have the knockback reduced with either a bike or a bike-jump. I haven't gotten to try anything with Marth, but I'd suggest trying to bike-jump out of GR-> USmash. I'm pretty sure you gain vertical height faster than you would with a normal jump.

Thank you DMG for outing that bike-jump stuff, I've been doing some stupid mind-gamey things with it for the past week. I only wish you'd tell us everything you know about the doppleganger.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Never heard of this.

The grab release is the only way Marth could kill Wario seriously, otherwise you live till 160% IMO.
This is why I say the matchup isn't that bad all the time. Reverse tipper does kill pretty well, better than upsmash at least.

Bike won't help you get out of grab releases b/c Wario is completely vulnerable during the time people should be hitting you. If you can pull out the bike, you could've jumped or airdodged away.

NNID
Budget_Player
Brawl- change for Wario's Grab Release? In PSA, the air grab release has a goto. Goto where? Very simple. Fully charged waft.

Speaking of which... Someone tell me if this changelist seems stupidly broken in a game with 0.54 hitstun and various other bizarre hacks.

Code:
Fair sped up 1.5x starting on frame 6
Unangled Fsmash changed to shortened version of Warioman Fsmash. Angled fsmashes are the original (short but much more powerful) fsmashes, whereon Hitbox and invincibility stays out 10 frames longer.
Usmash changed to Warioman's Usmash
Dtilt spikes and is jump-cancelable on frame 10
Fthrow kbg strengthened
Up B final hit kbg strengthened
Super armor on all of jab 1
Jab 2 damage +3
Dash attack has invincibility frames 3-36, speed x2 frames 5-49
Ftilt has invincibility during windup animation. angle 361->30. Damage 14->20
Utilt speed after hitbox comes out x2
Dsmash has invincibility as long as the hitbox is out. Damage on all hits up, all hits hit like strong hit. Power up.
Nair super armor on frames 4-38, invincibility frames 15-30. Damage on first hit 9->13, Angle 40->77. Late hit damage 4->6, angle 361->310. Landing animation hitbox damage 9, trajectory 90, BKB 37, KBG 0.
Fair full animation speed x2
Bair landing lag quartered. Damage 10->13. SA from 9-33
Uair hitbox disjointed down. Invincible about 6 frames on either side of the clap.
Dair shield damage 1E->2E. Damage per hit 3->4. Last hit damage 4->6
UpB should send him flying like warioman's. Also, make it harder to DI out of.
Bite Individual bite damage 2->3.

DownB:
-Lowest charge: tripping hitbox deals 10 damage. endlag halved.
-Second lowest charge: Angle 45->80, BKB 14->34, allow interrupt after frame 11
-Half waft hitbox comes out frame 1
-Full waft fart hitbox comes out frame 4, KBG 1E->40. Headbutt attack damage 20->40, BKB 0->40, Hitlag multiplier x4

Bthrow has IASA during the ***-waggle after hitting
Fthrow damage 11->15
Uthrow KBG 46->0, BKB 3C->5C (should combo into various things, lemme know if it doesn't).
Dthrow damage 3->6, angle 130->170, KBG 12->32 (this could be stupid. Stay tuned)
Nasty Surprise on grab break (when wario breaks out of a grab into the air).
Airdodge invincibility frames from 1-10 instead of 4-29. Makes it worse and more punishable, but not quite useless.
Spotdodge invincibility frames from 1-10 instead of 2-20. Actually, this one is just downright bad.
Weight 107->110
Jump H initial velocity 1.3->2
The nerf on spotdodge and airdodge is intentional; it's a form of tradeoff. Wario's defensive style becomes very offensive in the sense that when he rushes you down, you're gonna have trouble stopping him other than getting out of the way/blocking (eat that marth).

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Wow... ok... so Wario has invince or superarmor on all his moves and a fart that comes out on frame 1... like... I know we're trying to break everyone, but that just makes Wario completely ********, lol.

NNID
Budget_Player
Not all of them. But yeah, a good bunch of them. Have you seen some of the other chars? I dunno, so far I haven't gotten any feedback from the backroom (the guys who actually have the file) so I thought I'd run the changelist by you guys and see if there's anything wrong with it.

I don't main wario, I won't claim to... Is 3 frames (literally the difference in hitboxes between old half waft and new half waft) so big? It honestly doesn't seem like much. As far as the huge amount of super armor... I am also kinda worried it could make wario's good poking game really stupid, but I'm not sure. If it turns out to be too much, it'll get nerfed slightly.

@Masky: Ew. That's not creative or interesting, if you ask me... also makes him **** near unkillable.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
The Waft coming out in 1 frame means nothing is going to beat it out ever (not even MKs upair o_O), and it has huge range, lol. It would be the fastest aerial in the game, and kill at 50. Jab 1 being invincible is also huge b/c it has so much combo/followup potential and range.

Paix

Smash Apprentice
I've got some questions! :D

1) Besides CF, Ganon, Wolf, Bowser, DK and Falco, who else can be chain grabbed?

2) For the down throw chain grab, I thought you'd just do the throw, turn around and then repeat? I heard you need to peform a 'buffered throw', but, what's that exactly?

3) How can I use Bair without landing lag? I heard you can autocancel it, but how's that done?

4) How is the DACUS peformed on Wario?

Thanks in advance! I'm new to SSBB, so sorry if these questions are things that every Wario main would know :)

Padô

Smash Lord
1-) You listed all of em :)
2-) Yes, you have to buffer it, follow those steps:
First: Dthrow
Second: Immediately hold the stick where the opponent will land.
Third: When Wario is ALMOST closing his hands, leave the Control Stick and Grab again this should buffer the DThrow

3-) You can Short Hop and execute it fast (DON'T FastFall!!) and it will end up without lag.
4-) Dash, flcik the C-Stick Down than immediately almost on the same time you flcik the CStick, Flick the Control Stick Up + Z., in about 15 minutes you get the timing.

toobusytocare

Smash Lord
A while ago someone put up a video of a Wario escaping Snake's GR -> Nair by using the bike. I've been doing some playing around and a lot of GR's can be escaped completely or I think have the knockback reduced with either a bike or a bike-jump. I haven't gotten to try anything with Marth, but I'd suggest trying to bike-jump out of GR-> USmash. I'm pretty sure you gain vertical height faster than you would with a normal jump.

Thank you DMG for outing that bike-jump stuff, I've been doing some stupid mind-gamey things with it for the past week. I only wish you'd tell us everything you know about the doppleganger.
doppleganger isnt that great, im pretty sure its useless

and you can SDI out of snakes Nair so snake shouldnt be using it out of grab release anyways XD

Humpy Thrashabout

Smash Journeyman
doppleganger isnt that great, im pretty sure its useless
The thing is though, I can't find any info on it. Maybe I just missed a post or something, but the only place I've seen it kind of explained is on DMG's profile page Masky asked him how to do it and he was very vague in explaining it.

If I made a thread along the lines of "AT's and Glitches Deemed Useless" and tried indexing all of the (relatively) unknown things Wario can do, would anyone be up for contributing? I sort of feel like a lot of you guys find stuff and decide it's useless on your own without sharing it first. I certainly trust the judgement of many of you, but I'd like to be able to decide for myself.

Donkey Bong

Smash Ace
hi wario mains

first timer in the wario boards and i'm interested in picking him up as a secondary to deal with my main's stupid matchups (D3 and Diddy)

i'm slightly familiar with wario's moveset, so what i need more help in is just general stuff you'd do with him.

is stalling still cool?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Nope. Stalling is not cool. People hate you for it and will never love you unless you play aggressive and approach with Dash Attack.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Camping with Wario...

I'll put it this way.

It's a lost art. Gone. Give up on it. No one else supports it/does it anymore. I only take it seriously in teams anymore since it's balls easy to camp with Wario in teams. If you want to do it for singles, I would suggest otherwise unless you have to.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Dash Attack. Not DACUS. If you land that in a match, you are revered as the best Wario for playing balls to the wall aggressive at all costs.

Donkey Bong

Smash Ace
Dash Attack. Not DACUS. If you land that in a match, you are revered as the best Wario for playing balls to the wall aggressive at all costs.
i remember doing that when i first started playing Wario, days after the game released...

:laugh:

Popertop

Smash Champion
Camping with Wario...

I'll put it this way.

It's a lost art. Gone. Give up on it. No one else supports it/does it anymore. I only take it seriously in teams anymore since it's balls easy to camp with Wario in teams. If you want to do it for singles, I would suggest otherwise unless you have to.
he's just saying this because he can't outsmart the people he used to camp

:laugh:

silly DMG

ChomP

Smash Cadet
I has a question. :)

I noticed when playing wario one of my habits is air dodging TOWARDS the opponent. anyone have any suggestions on how to break this habit?

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
BTW guys, for those of you that are looking for more (safe) ways to advance your Wario game, it's time to start investing time into practicing Boost Grabbing (basically dash canceled grabs). I was fiddling around with this the day before HOBO and the range on Wario's regular boost grab is ridiculous. I know I grab armored Marth's Fsmash, among other things, it's incredibly sexy, and not all the hard to do if you can DACUS (just learn the new spacing and don't hold up when pressing Z).

Boost Pivot Grab will also give Wario a slide, giving more range and margin for error. That one's a bit harder to do though. Some characters already like to abuse these (like Falco, Snake, Marth), so it's time we do the same, especially since it gives us an added grab mixup to strengthen our ground game.

toobusytocare

Smash Lord
i played with boost grabbing a while ago

unfortunately wario is slow at passing through people so its not like falco where you can boost behind them and grab, but its really good if you are boosting away from your opponent

Top Bottom