• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 7 - It's Over, Nothing to See Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Hey, a match up against predator! Khold, will you have some of my sex with me? Anyway.....

AXL ROSE
-The organization is simple and AWESOME.
-Aww you should've kept the neutral special just the first paragraph. It would've been brilliant, but now there's a status effect. D:
-The simple moves are refreshing. Axl rose seems like a combo character which is kind of boring these days, but you handle it well.
-It seems like a move titled "ring of fire" is essential for any fire-based set.
-I would so main Axl rose, even though I'm not a big KH fan.
-Up aerial is kinda random. WHY DID YOU LOLLIE?!?!?!?!
-Boo, back throw random status effect!
-Making a final smash isn't that hard, man. At the beginning you said you spent a lot of time on this set.
-The playstyle section is written rather oddly; I wouldn't recommend just recapping each move and what it does. It makes the section come off as robotic and boring. Talk more about Axel's style in general, rather than each and every move. Make it flow, like the set itself does.

Axel is a refreshing set; The neutral special is awesome and the organization is to die for. There are minor quips here and there as the majority of the moves are forgettable and your writing style comes off as a little odd in the playstyle section. But still the set has a very focused concept and would be loads of fun to play with. Well done.
- =D Thanks!
- The status effect was a homage to the same status effect in Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days... plus I wanted him to **** those with "anti-combo/projectile shields" *coughdrifblimcough*
- Axel is a combo character canononically, so...
- Of course.
- =D
- wut
- It's not random... (cry2#)
- I added a Final Smash (WARY)
- I'm still getting into the flow of writing playstyle sections, and what can you say other than "he's a combo character lulz"?

Thanks Frf :)

Axel

Wow. My first comment on any moveset. Fortunately, it's a good one at that. Anyways, I feel like I sorta rushed you in the xat to post it, explaining the lack of an FS.

Okay. So Axel is a combo character, and a rather clear one at that. By clear, I mean that you just don't explain how the **** a cluster of seemingly unrelated moves is a combo in the ever-omnipotent playstyle, but I can clearly see the combos here. To me, I'd like to combo with this guy more.

Now for some nitpicking: I absolutely hate it when people say that "this is the only KO move" or something like that and then say that the lied later and put on another KO move. The "trap" does seem sorta... not really trap-like (Who the heck would walk into it?) Also, the Up Special...well, teleports are overused by now, and I know it fits in with Org. XIII, but....couldn't ya have thunk of something better?

Oh, and the organization and overall appearance is a work of art. Just would like to say that. His moves are also short, quick, and to the point, which heightens his readability.

But do these subtract Axel's quality? Of course not! (Well, except for the Up Special) You did him justice in this moveset, and I will be awaiting his extras.
As for the KO move thing, I intended it to be his only KO move, but I was like "I'm gonna give him a SHORYUKEN." So I did. The trap thing was a cop out for making a unique throw (I AM A DIRTY HYPOCRITE. SUE ME.) The teleport was bland, yes, but I hate USpecs >=(

Thanks for the praise, Neo :D

@Axel: Nice moveset here, Khold! The attacks are short, simple, and easy to understand, except for a few lacking details here and there. For example, it'd be nice to know exactly in what direction he throws his chakrams in for his Dash Attack. Another example is Down Smash: from what I understand he throws the chakram and it circles his body horizontally by going back and forth between the background and foreground, but I'm not exactly sure. In addition, you don't exactly state the range of the move, though I suspect it's two Battlefield platforms on both sides. The Neutral Special sounds like it should just be an innate special ability. When would you not want to keep your chakrams ignited? (Also, if Kirby copies this ability, what happens?) I'd also just like to note that Down Special sounds a lot like Ness's PK Fire. Most of his other moves did the trick, though, and I really liked the Up Tilt and Final Smash (once it appeared). Overall, great job! :bee:
Woah, a ff comment is a rare sight to see (at least for me, you've been away for a while). As for the dash attack, as with all attacks, unless stated otherwise, he always throws his chakrams straight :p You've got the DSmash right. The Pillar was a clone of Ness's PK Fire, but that was due to me rushing his specials at 6:00 AM and I wanted to fit his fire collumn attack in there somewhere. Thanks for the good words, ff =D

Frosty the Snowman

I c wut u did thar

Axel: I hadn't really heard too much about this one from you, Khold. Glad to see it's a massive step up from *shudder* Great Tiger. Anyways, the organization is rather reminiscent of MYM6 Ocon's, and for the most part, it's a good thing. A ways into the set, say around the aerials, the red can get a bit irritating to read, but just looking at how it blends into the text, I can be lenient on this matter.

Comboing? In my MYM? While even I find it dull as dishwater nowadays, I must say dicking with enemy shields is a humorous concept. *Kupa Seal of Approval here*. While I don't find it as bad as others, the stun time for using shields is a bit long...either change that or lessen the fire's duration. Looking over some other statistics, including Side Special, it is apparent that balance is not your focus in movesets now, which I can respect, but not agree with. Whatever. Fire movesets, while seemingly overdone, are actually rather unexplored in MYM. Axel is a prime example of the overall enjoyability they can be to read IMO.

In the end, Axel brings some pretty tight ideas to the massive table of combos (some range needs clarification here and there, though). I hope he won't be forgotten, as he is at least on par with Khold in my opinion. Bravo (clap)!
"Comboing? In my MYM? While even I find it dull as dishwater nowadays" says the man who coined Kombo Heavyweight as one of his Kliches. :p As for the duration, I didn't want it to be useless, but I didn't want it to be broken. I really hate balance. REALLY hate it. I always quiver on the edge of my moveset being underpowered or overpowered; I don't really have a "scale" of balance to go by. Thanks for the compliments.

[size=+3]Axel[/size]
The organisation looks funky, but I can't see the Specials. It's not your fault, though it kind of makes it hard for me to digest the whole set, so I can't really judge it (The white page in the Specials cuts out the white words). Axel stays true to the KH playstyle, so good job on that. With nothing much else to say, I'll end with a well done compliment and look forward to seeing your future sets.
Uh... what skin are you using? I made this with "Revolution" in mind... a dark grey background, yes? Well, thanks for the compliment anyway.

EDIT: read at your own peril.

Axel

sooo...this is my first fully fledged moveset critique. I've got the music playlist goin, and I must say it complements the mood of the set well.

A simple introduction and stats list are good. You say you plan on adding numerical stats, but in all honesty, I think quantifying stats on an arbitrary 1-10 scale is one of the dumbest things known to man. You could elaborate a bit, sure, but adding in numbers is definitely not needed.

I like how the text, pictures, and titles flow together. Do your actual moves show the same attention to detail, or did you spend too much time on the style and too little on the substance? Let's find out, shall we?

It seems like Ignite would work better if it was simply a gameplay element and not an actual attack. What happens when you press neutral-b while it's already active? Part of this seems underpowered (theoretically, you could lose your entire flame if your opponent does so little as hit you out of a combo), but it also seems somewhat overpowered (get a long enough combo and you have an automatic 10% damage extra no matter what). I suppose it balances itself out well in the end.

Now, I've never played KH, so I don't know much about whether Maverick Flare and Corridor of Darkness are ripped from the game verbatim or are modified to fit, but they seem to work fine for the set. Nothing special, but at least they're not a cookie-cutter projectile and recovery. Pillar of Fire seems like a good addition as a general-purpose bread-and-butter move.

So far, I don't see much in the way of a centralized playstyle. You do hint at a combo-oriented style, though. Let's see where that leads us.

The jab looks nice. I wasn't expecting the three-hit combo to end in a projectile, so bonus points there. As for the ftilt and dtilt, are you sure you don't have the two of them mixed up? They'd make more sense switched. By the way, your explanation of dtilt doesn't clarify whether Axel's hands are both extended in front of him or if he's got one hand outstretched in either direction. Utilt is nice as well. All the tilts seem quite underpowered, and I somewhat doubt Ignite will make up for the difference unless you make it easier to keep the chakrams lit once you've got them going. Dash attack seems cool too, but it took a couple reads for me to get it.

The fsmash is explained well, but seems somewhat out of place in what's turning out to be a combo-y set. Looks like it'd make a nice combo finisher...which brings us to usmash. If I'm reading this right, it's a...grab. Above your head. For the sake of balance, I'm not quite sure if that makes any sense. But it looks like it'd work, though. As far as the dsmash goes, it's unique, functional, and inherently pretty balanced. Not to mention kickass.

So far, my biggest qualm with your set is clarity. Not that I can't understand what you're writing - I just can't understand it the first time I read it. I wonder if the aerials will knot this playstyle together, or if I'll have to get it force-fed to me by the Playstyle paragraph...

Nair works well (then again, I'm starting to realize it's a bit difficult not to come up with unique moves when you've got such an interesting weapon to work with....); as for the fair, don't call a move 'meteor' if it doesn't actually meteor the opponent. Seems less intuitive than the rest, but can we really expect each and every one of your moves to be the greatest thing since sliced bread? Not to mention, I thought you said fsmash was your only KO move...

Bair is nice as well, but where is the opponent hit to after the final hit of the attack occurs? And I think I see another KO move here...and you're hanging a lampshade on it, too...ugh. Do the chakrams have a hitbox during this attack too? Dair is simple yet intuitive as well, another plus.

Pummel requires a bit of strategy, which is cool. Fthrow is smart and nicely done. I can see you either put a whole lot of thought into it or got inspiration from the game :p but it works. Bthrow has another status effect...no matter; it's fine, even if it isn't necessarily ingenious. The uthrow idea is a good one; I'm surprised you didn't use that 'combo finisher' idea elsewhere. Dthrow is intuitive as well.

Now that we've got the meat of the moveset past us, I can safely say the throws tie it all together nicely. I like that it's (on the majority) quite cohesive. I see you've added in the Final Smash, so...let's go!

Hmmm...generic 'trap and beat up' Final Smash. Permanent boost to 5 levels of fire is a nice touch, but hardly unexpected. Playstyle is...quite long. So much for a Playstyle paragraph. And...wait, Axel's fair actually is a meteor smash? What? All in all, Playstyle doesn’t have much I haven't already commented on. And from the matchups you posted, I don't really think having several really unbalanced matchups actually equates to balance in the end. But then again, that’s a fairly small pool of opponents, it might not be all bad.

Really, I think Axel could have worked better as a trap character. You did mention it in the Playstyle section, but the down-b and dsmash alone could easily trap much of the present Brawl cast, not to mention many of the sets here. His myriad number of projectiles doesn’t hurt either. Then again, that just may be a testament to the flexibility of Axel's playstyle - you aren't necessarily limited to a single one. However, you lose points because you weren't the one to point that out..and, hey, I could just be reading too deeply into this, too.

(no hard feelings, what happens in the chat stays in the chat)
Thanks for the long commentary! I threw in the burning out on ignite to balance it, but I figured no one could get a 50 hit combo to get 10% on each attack. Maverick Flare I made up myself, and Corridor of Darkness was a direct rip. DTilt covers both sides of Axel, and he faces the screen, so he holds his arms out beside him. Like....

...this. USmash is a grab, yes, that throws the foe in front of you. Mmmm... bread.... Bair will knock the frontal foe behind and the behind foe in front with its final hit.

Wow, thanks for that- that's the longest comment I've ever had (besides a leader review). I'm glad you liked it, and I take back what I said earlier.

:bee::bee::bee:

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
[size=+3]Axel[/size]
The organisation looks funky, but I can't see the Specials. It's not your fault, though it kind of makes it hard for me to digest the whole set, so I can't really judge it (The white page in the Specials cuts out the white words). Axel stays true to the KH playstyle, so good job on that. With nothing much else to say, I'll end with a well done compliment and look forward to seeing your future sets.
Not entirely sure what you're talking about...I checked all of the skins and they all seem to show up just fine. Perhaps it just glitched up for you? The specials are an image so perhaps it just wasn't showing up when you first checked?

Regardless, I'm here to address something that's kinda sorta bugging me a little today. Wiz posted Lucario Remix and then immediately afterwards, the Vespiquen jokeset was posted. Khold posts Axel and then Frosty is posted. Now I'm all for humorous joke sets, don't get me wrong...but the thread is dead enough as is; why not post those joke sets as a semi-funny thread bump instead of -RIGHT- after a legit set. We've had three two sets this week and maybe gained...two pages? Posting a joke set right after a real set is just dispectful, especially when you could just as easily wait for the thread to die down and -THEN- do it.

EDIT: Dammit, I stole a new page ;_;...anyway, comments on Omega Pirate Lucario Remix and Axel to come in the Recap.

Neo Exdeath

Smash Ace
^To be fair, I believe I posted Vespiquen during the time Wiz took down Lucario. And Wiz wanted me to post Vespiquen, go ask him if you don't believe me. But yeah, I'll stop.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
^To be fair, I believe I posted Vespiquen during the time Wiz took down Lucario. And Wiz wanted me to post Vespiquen, go ask him if you don't believe me. But yeah, I'll stop.
Wiz needs to be ignored when it comes to his own sets.

Yes, I finally read Slowpoke, and here's a link for anyone who wants it. I hate to not comment on all the freshly posted sets, but everybody loves commentary on sets posted months ago, right?

Anyway, Wiz hates any mention of Slowpoke for whatever reason; I guess he feels it's not up to scratch, or something. Bizarre, because the only comments I've found complain about his balance, and really, I couldn't find anything to complain about, myself. His uncanny similarities to my own Snorlax - never pointed out - indicate to me that absolutely nobody (outside of meanie) actually READ this set. Rest and Yawn seem practically identical, almost like this here's a functional clone.

The rub, though, is that Snorlax used Resting simply to keep his character intact, and alternated his playstyle between sleep and awake; Slowpoke is a staller through and through, and quite honestly, we haven't seen many such sets. It's a defense set, sure, but not a trap character by any means; what's more, the many pieces of Slowpoke coalesce to make a deliciously LAYERED playstyle. There's a lot to Slowpoke's game, not to mention a lot of creative ideas contained in the moveset itself.

This moveset was completely passed over because it came in the middle of a massive glut, sandwiched between Junahu Day and TAC on one side and Tomahawk Man and Paper Mario on the other. It bothers the hell out of me that you refuse to even hear its NAME. Dude, just because a set was largely ignored doesn't automatically make it refuse. This is no Sukapon, a set that enough people read and just didn't like - this is a case of people simply passing it over.

Waste of a post, I guess, but Slowpoke DID kinda only receive one comment, so I'm sure you'll all forgive me for it. Except Wiz, who's most definitely going to rage because I dared to - GASP - compliment his set. (ono)

EDIT: And I agree with Khold below and MT above. Enough of these damn reposts, and of page spam as well. We don't NEED the top of a page every time when the thread is moving this slowly. And remind me again who thought it was a good idea to make a bunch of transparent alts.

darth meanie

Smash Journeyman
Christmas Spam? Reposts? What have I missed?

Omega Pirate

I really liked this moveset H_R. While at first trying to read it was a chore with the intentionally grating organization, you managed to make it charming and entertaining, a homage to your absolutely incredible writing style, which is your clear strength in this competition.

As for the moveset itself, it's like a playable miniboss. His playstyle isn't exactly outstanding, or doing anything really amazing or new, but he does what he does well, and he looks really awesome doing it, from the electric fields to the projectiles to the giant bayonets, Omega Pirate feels really fun to play as. Also, the alternate shield turned out to be pretty cool, and cemented my opinion of this as a 'playable boss'

I thought that the 'this move charges up my electricity makers' stuff was kind of random and tacked on, but other than that, I really enjoyed this moveset. And it was very nice of you to pull us out of these horrible doldrums.

Lucario

Already talked about everything there is to talk about in the chat, no need to repeat what others have said, talking about this moveset drives you insane for some reason, etc. etc. I just feel the need to have the big red words there anyways.

Axel

Hey Khold, you clean up nice! Seriously, this moveset's presentation, organization, and execution is so much head and shoulders above your previous work, and it's quite excellent. You clearly put a great deal of effort into this.

For the moveset proper, there are a few things I'd address. The big one would be the Neutral Special; this really should have been a mechanic. There's no reason not to have it constantly on, so why not just have it constantly on?

This moveset really is, when all is said and done, a very standard character. He's well put together, pretty well thought out, but he doesn't do anything really more than just combo and try to force his opponent into one of his KO moves. Now, this isn't a complaint, but as it is, it holds this moveset back from anything amazing because it really doesn't try anything new.

I liked it though, your movesets are fun to read and you have a lot of character. Really, I have utter faith that if you put this level of effort (or more!) into a more ambitious character, it'll be fantastic.

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Reported Sakurai's post. Seriously guys, stop. Joke sets are supposed to be funny; reposts are lazy and in no way funny. You want a joke set? Look at E3, Gordo, or Cat Clancer.

EDIT: Thanks, Meanie. I didn't put it as a mechanic for canonocity sake, as Axel never carrys them around with them lit ALL the time. My next moveset will hopefully be more interesting, as it will try lots of new things. I'm glad you liked it. :bee:

tirkaro

Smash Champion
hey guise, am i doin it rite?

MARIO

Needing pretty much no introduction, Mario is easily the most famous and recognizable video game character out there. Knowing this, Capcom made Mario a Super-Secret unlockable in Tatsunoko vs Capcom: Ultimate All Stars, despite having nothing to do with either. But hey, it happened for Banjo in S&SASR, so why not this?
Despite being an all-around sort of guy in past crossovers, Mario is definitely a much trickier beast this time around. Using his vast knowledge of combat attained through years of starring in video games, Mario is sure to throw all those Capcom and Tatsunoko guys for a loop!

STATS

SIZE: 4/10
SPEED: 7/10
POWER: 6/10
STAMINA: 4/10
PRIORITY: 4/10
RANGE: 9/10
MANEUVERABILITY: 9/10
COMBOABLILTY: 6/10

As you can see, Mario is somewhat of an unusual specimen compared to the rest of the cast. Mario is mostly meant to be an average close-ranged fighter, but with a whole lot of options for spacing and keep-away games. He's also a pretty small target, rivaling Viewtiful Joe and Roll in height. To pay off for this, Mario suffers with Stamina, and can get overpowered by stronger characters pretty easily. In fact, just using Mario to his fullest has quite a learning curve. A Good Mario player should be able to know what they're doing, as the end result is worth the hard work.

STANDARD ATTACKS

LIGHT ATTACK- Basic Punch
Mario throws a simple punch, almost exactly like the first punch from his Neutral Combo in SSB. It's quick, short, and to the point. It shaves off a very small amount of damage, slightly less than Ryu's Light Attack. In return, it can be canceled very easily into one of Mario's Command Normals.

LOW LIGHT ATTACK- Donkey Kick
While crouching on the ground, Mario turns himself on his bellyside and kicks both his legs upwards, similar to Megaman's launch attack in MvC. However, this attack obviously does no launching, instead acting as a quick way to attack the foe. Little Mario's short stature and quick reflexes allows this move to be a quick-hitting attack, and makes for a nice addition to Mario's combos. The only real problem is it's comparatively short range and weak attack output.

AIR LIGHT ATTACK- Neutral Kick
While in the air, Mario does what looks exactly like his nair from SSB. This is a quick move that comes out easily, basic AL fare. Upon hitting a foe with it, pressing L again will initiate a short roundhouse kick. Basic stuff.

MEDIUM ATTACK- Spin
Lifted almost directly from Super Mario Galaxy, Mario spreads both arms and does a short spin, swinging them in all directions. His fists cartoonishly grow in size, giving this move some extra range. This hits 2 times.
This is the essential medium attack, no more and no less. Mario's entire body becomes a giant hitbox during this attack's short length, in exchange for little damage output. Other than that, this is a really basic M attack.

LOW MEDIUM ATTACK- Breakdance
A reference to the very obscure (and totally awesome, screw you guys) DDR Mario Mix, Mario does a single breakdance in place. It's somewhat reminiscent of Mario's Down Smash, but much less powerful. It's a basic sweeping move, and should be used as such. Not too remarkable otherwise.

AIR MEDIUM ATTACK- Air Spin
Pretty much Mario's spin attack, but in the air. He turns diagonally as he performs this 2-hit attack yet again. It's slightly faster and slightly weaker than the ground variation, making it more suitable for Aerial Raves.
Pressing M again in the air upon hitting the opponent will have Mario throw in a single punch in there as well, which peppers in some light damage.

HEAVY ATTACK- Fire Smash
Looking similar to SSB Mario's Fsmash, Mario forms a sphere of burning fire and thrusts it into the opponent. Given the nature of TvC, this move is a LOT faster than it's smash counterpart, and deals really basic H damage, I'd say just slightly less than Ken's.

LOW HEAVY ATTACK- Flaming Ground Punch
Mario's hands glow with a burning power as he punches the ground. This causes a small pillar of Fire to rise up right in front of him. Why yes, this move is in fact a heavily toned down version of Phoenix Mario's Fsmash. The small pyro pillar is roughly the size of Roll. This is perhaps one of Mario's more interesting standards, as it has some pretty beast range, along with extra hitstun thanks to the pillar of fire. The pillar hits 3 times and does some standard H-level damage alltogether.

LAUNCHING ATTACK: Super Jump Punch
Mario has a pretty basic launching attack. From his crouch, Mario jumps upwards and extends his fist in a comical manner. Any poor soul who makes contact with this fist will get hit 3 times, and get the coins knocked out of their head. They are then launched in the air, ready to get pulverized by Mario's Aerial Raves.

AIR HEAVY ATTACK- Spike
Pretty much the obvious choice for a AH, Mario does his Fair/Spike from SSB, sending the opponent rocketing down. A basic AH if there ever was one. The only offset is that it does slightly less damage than the norm.

COMMAND NORMALS

FORWARD+LIGHT: Punch, Kick
Pretty much completing Mario's classic combo from SM64, Mario performs a short left hook, followed a front kick. It's a pretty unremarkable attack on it's own, but it has one special use: It cancels really well into Mario's light attack. The lag time for this move is halved when it's being used as a follow up for the Light attack, not to mention it has the ability to be canceled into Mario's Medium and Heavy, improving his combo game significantly.

FORWARD+MEDIUM: Cape
Why yes, it's Mario's cape from SMW. However, it's not used how you may think. Instead of simply swinging it ahead of him, he swings it overhead, giving him one of those fancy overhead attacks all the kids are using these days. The cape hits 2 times, doing some pretty unremarkable damage, but having good range for a melee attack. And no, it doesn't turn people around because....well, this is a traditional 1 on 1 fighter, they always have to be facing the opponent. Duh.

FORWARD+HEAVY: Hammer
What's this? Mario has Command normals for all 3 inputs? What is this madness?!
Anyway, Mario does the obvious and swings a giant metal Hammer in front of him, similar to Kirby's. This is a move to be careful of: Even though it's very powerful, it has some pretty ghetto startup time, leaving Mario open for about .5 seconds, an ungodly amount of time in a game like TvC. Button mashers are sure to have a LOT of frustration with this move. However, those who can control their twitchy fingers have a great move at their disposal, if used right. The Hammer's power is twice as much as Mario's heavy, and it's priority is unmatched. If you can find the right time to hit with it, you should be alright.

SPECIAL MOVES

A (on top of an opponent): Stomp
Mario has some crazy varied Special moves, and Stomp is a prime example. Pressing an Attack button just as Mario is atop an opponent will cause him to jump on top of them, and kick them away with his hind feet. This does an absolutely pathetic amount of damage, just barely grazing off an almost unnoticeable hair of health. But this move's main purpose is to be the essential GTFO move.
Using this attack will knock the opponent back a good distance, allowing Mario to easily space himself from more up-in-your-face foes. The button used to execute this move will determine how far Mario pushes the opponent, in exchange for the accuracy of this move. Using this move's Light variation only has Mario push the opponent back a few feet, but has a much larger execution hitbox/grab range. On the other side of the coin, this move's Heavy variation will send the foe flying to the other side of the screen, though the move's execution is incredibly hard to land. A vital move all around.

QCF+A: Fireball
Ah, Mario's most basic of projectile attacks. Mario drops a single fireball, which bounces along the ground, across the screen. This is Mario's main projectile, and a mighty fine one at that. Unlike others, Fireball's bouncy nature makes it quite difficult to predict, keeping the opponent on their toes. On the downside, this doesn't have much range in the air, as it falls to the ground. This does a pretty average amount of damage, about the same amount as the hadouken.
The button used to execute this move varies the speed of the fireball. L is slowest, H is fastest.

D, D+A: Ground Pound
It may look like a variation of Stomp, but believe me, they are almost nothing alike.
Upon pressing down twice and attacking, Mario will leap into the air and do a flip before slamming to the ground with his butt. If Mario is already in the air, he'll go straight into the flip and butt stomp.
Getting hit by this move deals a good amount of damage, and is a great way to take opponents by surprise. It works especially well against those pesky anti-air attackers, though there's a better move for that situation.
The one downside to this move is that if the attack misses, it'll cause a good deal of ending lag, leaving Mario wide open.
The button used to execute this move varies the speed at which Mario falls. L is the slowest, H is the fastest.

RDP+A: FLUDD
When used on the ground, Mario will take out FLUDD and unleash a short bust of water. The water burst takes the form of a laser-like stream of water, piercing the foe. Yet another long-ranged attack, the move is also a wallbounce, one of his few moves that do so.
The button used to execute this move will vary the thickness and length of the stream, in exchange for startup time. The L variation has the least amount of startup time, but has the least amount of range. The H version has some nasty startup, but pays off for it with a long, multi-hitting flow of water.

Now, this move has an Aerial variation, though it's much different. Upon using it in the air, FLUDD will switch to his Hover Nozzle, keeping Mario afloat and sending a stream of water downwards. This is the ultimate Anti-Anti-Air attack, as the water stream blasts the opponent with multi-hitting damage. Just be careful: You can't cancel out of this move, meaning you're still open to some Anti-Anti-Anti air attacks if this attack misses. And no, Mario strangely cannot move during this attack.
The button used to pull of this move varies the amount of time this attack lasts. L is the shortest, H is the longest. Remember, even though the longer variation dishes out more hits, you're open longer if you miss the attack.

360+A: Mario Tornado
Almost an exact port from the 64/Melee move, Mario spins around with his arms outstretched, creating a tornado with it, similar to the Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku. This move obviously hits multiple times, and Mario is free to move around with it. In exchange, this move is pretty weak in comparison to similar moves.
The button used to execute varies the length of the attack in exchange for startup time. L is the shortest, H is the longest.

SUPER MOVES

QCF+2A: Mario not-so Finale
Upon execution of this move, the screen shows a closeup of Mario's upper torso, as a burst of fire glows in his eyes. He then holds up 2 flames in his hands.
As soon as the closeup ends, Mario shoots forward 2 beams of pure flame across the screen. Why yes, this is just another Shinkuu Hadouken/Real Megabuster clone, and with it's own twist: Mario not-so Finale has munch wider horizontal range than the others, taking up about 65% of the screen. (Or at least, the screen as can be seen in a Super Jump) In exchange, it's a pretty weak move, only slightly stronger than Joe's Mach Speed. Still, it's efficiency more than makes up for it's lack of power.

360+2A: Brother Tornado
Out from nowhere, Luigi pops in from the side, and the screen shows a close-up of him mounting atop Mario's shoulders. They then both take out their hammers and spin around. This creates an absolutely huge tornado around them, taking up the entire vertical screen. Even if you super-jump, there's no way past this tornado! However, you can't move during the duration of this attack, so yeah. The tornado spins there for about 1.5 seconds, before Luigi hops away from his bro's shoulders.
As a whole, this is a very powerful move, capable of tearing off 1/6ths of an opponent's life bar if this fully hits. Still, the short horizontal range for this move is a bit grating.

ULTIMATE ATTACK

HCF+2A: Nuclear Fire Flower
The screen shows a closeup of Mario as he pulls back his fist, alighted with fire. Mario then makes a short Uppercut with the flaming fist, hoping to hit at least someone with it. If he succeeds, he'll hit them so high, the background changes to a bunch of speed lines as the character flies up. Once they reach a certain point, Mario jumps on their head and knocks them all the way back to the ground. He'll then alight both his gloves with pure fire, and throws 2 fireballs towards the opponent. The fireballs then grow HUGE, looking more like giant meteorites. When they finally make impact with the unlucky foe, the begin to contract before finally EXPLODING into a giant pillar of fire. The cutscene then ends and the charred opponent flies down for 1.5 seconds. I guess now is a good time to switch partners or something.
Despite looking real painful, it's actually pretty average compared to other close-range ultimates. Surely nothing on the level of Polimar's insane, 60% health-eating attack.

Misc.

Assist Attack: Fireball
Counter Attack: Super Jump Punch
Combination Attack: Mario not-so Finale
Throw: Mario grabs the opponent by the legs and swings them around.

Playstyle

Mario is certainly a tricky character, both for players and opponents. As stated before, he specializes at Spacing, much like Saki. His combo game is okay at best, but he has plenty of tricks up his sleeve to keep the foe guessing.
As you can see, a whole lot of Mario's playstyle resides in his specials and CNs. Mario is crazy prepared for anything that comes his way, it's all just a matter of knowing how to use him. Mario can get his opponents in the right range easily, and make his way up close to dish out some close-ranged pain when the time is right. Essentially, that's all Mario is about: timing. When the opponent is left open, whack them with a hammer, or rush them with your Bread and Butter combo. The possibilities are endless, and it all just requires some clever thinking, along with a dash of mindgames. Be sure to mix up the projectiles and attacks a bit as well, as Mario can become somewhat predictable if played spammishly. But with that, Mario is probably tied with Rock Volnutt as the most versatile character in the game. The only really bad matchups he has are with characters with much higher priority, along with being able to attack from a distance. That's kinda why he does horribly against UAS PTX-4OA and Saki, but even they can be overcome with a bit of thinking. Use Mario wisely, for the payoff more than makes up for it.

Ending

*after defeating Yami*
Mario: Oh Boy!
*Bowser comes up from behind in his Koopa Klown Kar*
Bowser: Muahaha! You fool! Did you really think that was the real lord of evil!? That was just a fake! But now that you're tired out, it's time to die! MUAHHAHA!
Mario: Mama mia!
*Suddenly, a figure jumps in from a distance!*
Tekkaman: HOLD IT RIGHT THERE!
*Tekkaman runs towards Bowser*
Tekkaman: SPACE LANCE! *Throws space lance, and blows up the Kar*
Bowser: BLARG! Who are you!? Is this some friend of yours or something!?
Mario: Eh?
Bowser: Now, go my Mechakoopas!
*Mechakoopas swarm Tekkaman*
Tekkaman: ARGH THESE OVERSIZED WIND UP TOYS ARE TRYING TO CRUSH ME!
*Pegas comes it*
Pegas: I WILL HELP YOU TEKKAMAN
*Pegas crushes all the Mechakoopas under his weight*
Tekkaman: GEE, THANKS PEGAS.
Bowser: GRR. I choose you, Koopa troops!
Koopas: Yessir!
Tekkaman: SPACE LANCE!
*Impales 2 Koopas*
Koopas: ARGH. OH THE PAIN. THE PURE UNADULTER...aa.teee.d pai......*dead*
*Tekkaman grabs Space Lance with dead koopas*
Tekkaman: LOOK PEGAS. THIS IS WHAT I CALL THE OLD FERRIS WHEEL TRICK.
*spins the Space Lance with Koopas on it and throws it into the swarm, killing them all*
Bowser: DAMMIT. Okay, that's it: LAUNCH THE MECHA-BOWSER
*Mecha-Bowser rises up from the ground*
Tekkaman: OH MY GOD. THAT GIANT ROBOT ROSE FROM THE GROUND.
*takes out Space Lariat*
Tekkaman: SPACE LARIAT!
*Grabs Mecha-Bowsers head with it*
Mecha-Bowser: BZZT. *shoots out circular saws*
Tekkaman: OH MY GOD GIANT BUZZ SAWS. *throws Space Lance at them*
Mecha Bowser: BZZT *Crushes Tekkaman under giant arm.*
Tekkaman: GOTTA GET THIS GIANT ARM OFF ME! IT'S HEAVY! MAYBE THE SPACE LANCE-
*Space Lance slips out of his hand*
Tekkaman: OH IT SLIPPED.
Pegas: I WILL HELP YOU TEK-
Tekkaman: Okay, you know what? F**k this. BORU TEKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!
*Shoots giant-*** laser that explodes Mecha-Bowser and disintegrates Bowser into nothingness.
Tekkaman: BOY WHAT A BATTLE THAT WAS
Pegas: AFFIRMATIVE
Mario:...
*Close to credits*

Kris121

Smash Journeyman
At first i read Mario and I was like "WHAT!" then i read Mario and i was like"interesting concept we have here.

SixrchBattosai

Banned via Warnings
Bonjour, mes amis. Je reviens et avec quelques nouvelles. J'ai été dans un pupille psychiatrique pendant quelque temps et j'ai trouvé mes problèmes. J'agis plus normalement que jamais auparavant, attendez-vous ainsi à beaucoup moins de fait d'être inutile et à beaucoup plus de raison de voyager par la poste. Autre que cela, je me suis senti très bien, donc je peux être en mesure de vraiment voyager par la poste de temps en temps, à la différence dans le dernier concours. Enfin, je m'excuse d'être si d'enfant et immature peu de derniers concours. J'espère vous voir autour de. Dans d'autres nouvelles, j'ai vu le poste d'Axel, donc j'essaierai et y arriverai plus tard.

For those who cannot speak French, here is a translation.

Hello, my friends. I'm back and with some news. I've been in a psychiatric ward for a while and I've figured out my problems. I'm acting more normally than ever before, so expect much less pointlessness and a lot more reason to post. Other than that, I've been feeling very well, so I may be able to actually post once in a while, unlike in the last contest. Lastly, I apologize for being so childish and immature the last few contests. I hope to see you around. In other news, I saw the post about Axel, so I will try and get to it later.

((Don't worry. The movesets will be in English.))

~~~Edit~~~

I read Axel.

I came.[/joke]

But to be serious, It was a very nice set. I liked the organization, presentation, and the music choice. The way you incorporated the 358/2 strategies was very well-thought. I applaud you. For future reference, I will be making Organization XIII movesets as well, all based on their abilities and such in 358/2 Days.
Xion will NOT be a Roxas carbon copy. I dislike the fact that they made her exactly the same as Roxas gameplay-wise. It was very boring and made me not want to play as either one, with the exception being Roxas' dual-wielding after you defeat Riku at the end of the game.
I hope that this actually gets done, unlike last time. If it does, maybe the first one will get done around half-way through January.

Junahu

Smash Ace
Mario (Vs Capcom) remicks: This is a witty, fresh and entirely serious attempt to branch out MYM into other games, and I can't applaud you enough for it. From my limited understanding of the games, Mario appears to extremely well polished.
But that's the big problem here, you didn't write to your audience. I can't even try to seriously comment on it, simply because I don't understand enough of the core mechanics of Vs Capcom games to know what is or isn't a bad idea.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
This is the first revision of the definitive roster, a beloved institution of MYM we started in MYM 6. We've decided that once a contest it should be revised, always keeping a neat total of 35 members, but changing to reflect the improvement in general quality as contests go by. This by no means obsoletes the previous list; 11 sets have been removed to make way for newer ones, and those 11 are still very much an important part of Make Your Move's history.

THE MOVESETS OF MYM
A DEFINITIVE ROSTER: HISTORY AND QUALITY

-- MYM 1.0 --

Furret / Fawriel
MYM 1 was marked by a very relaxed atmosphere. There was little to no sense of competition. Fawriel, however, stood out from the crowd with his simple, readable, fun movesets, like this one. He was also, of course, MYM's founder, and formulated the Infinite Sakurai Theorem. He left MYM in the hands of another and has never visited it since.

~~ MYM 2.0 ~~

Aqua Teen Hunger Force / El Duderino
MYM 2 was much like the first MYM, except that it was the first one that started to have what you'd call "regulars". Its champion set was Paper Mario, but that set is largely forgettable and won on the basis of character bias; this set for an obscure group of characters placed second. Note the great improvement this set is over Furret, especially in terms of detail. El Duderino himself disappeared soon after the end of MYM 2.0.

(( MYM 3.0 ))

Dracula / Chief Mendez
Dracula is probably the most famous and influential moveset in the history of MYM. It was a giant leap forward for its creator, Mendez, who was already becoming a legend based off of his intelligent posting, creative movesets, and brilliant set organization. Dracula's creativity was unsurpassed at the time he was posted. He singlehandedly caused the rest of MYM to take heed and step up their games, and marked the point that "just for fun" became a real contest. Dracula himself is still a shining beacon of simplicity working out and visual appeal.

Cervantes / MasterWarlord
Warlord, like Mendez, was a rising star. He replied to Dracula with a string of Soul Calibur movesets that oozed creativity and were heavy on special mechanics, on detail, and on extras. The last of these was Cervantes. He was immediately raised up on a pedestal, right next to Dracula, and seemed the obvious runner-up.

Donna / Junahu
Junahu's Donna was the first set that proved that even an original character - or OC - had the potential to rake in a lot of votes. He also showed that you didn't have to be a big name in MYM to place highly, as Donna's 4th place medal showed. Junahu posted fairly little and was more or less an unknown when he posted her. Today, of course, he's one of the most lauded MYMers around.

The Headless Horseman / KingK.Rool
The Headless Horseman was the last moveset posted in MYM 3.0, and was posted on the last day, which just happened to be Halloween. This move made the moveset's reception all the greater, and it placed 3rd on the back of its organization, creativity, and intriguing mechanic. K.Rool had taken inspiration from Mendez and Warlord, and emphasized readability and overall playstyle in his later MYM 3.0 movesets.

«« MYM 4 »»

Chef Kawasaki / KingK.Rool
Kawasaki placed first in MYM 4 on the basis of a massive hype campaign. He also featured a unique, interactive mechanic, light, approachable organization, and nary a generic attack to be found. In recent times, some MYMers look back at him less than fondly, but he stood out then and now as a more digestable moveset in an overdetailed period.

Mr Shine and Mr Bright / SirKibble
Kibble had been an MYMing stalwart since MYM 2.0, but it wasn't until MYM 4 that he stepped up his game and proved that he was one of the best. He quickly became one of the most popular and acclaimed moveset makers, as, quite apart from his great creativity and really easy reading style, he had always been one of the most likable regulars. The idea of him making excellent sets like this - a two-in-one character that just grips you and won't let go - was very appealing to the average MYMer.

Mach Rider / Chief Mendez
Mendez was ever present, now as an authority figure, and he soon came out with this brilliant moveset. Sadly, his brilliant organization is no longer all there; the moveset has fallen into disrepair since Mendez's departure. The breathtaking mechanic, however, implementing the character's motorcycle directly into his moveset, is still there and just as compelling as ever.

Jafar / KingK.Rool

After Kawasaki, Jafar received the most praise of K.Rool's MYM 4 movesets, and unlike the former, he has aged excellently; in retrospect, he was the very first true "trap character", a well-established archetype in later contests, taking the can of worms Dracula had popped open and focusing on it. His organizational layout would become the standard template for many movesets to come, including almost all of MasterWarlord's later works.

Super Star Helpers / SirKibble
Along with Shine and Bright, this was Kibble's other major offering to his favorite series. This mighty four-character moveset had been in the works for a good two months, and its arrival did not disappoint, as it proved to have four entirely fascinating characters, each with styles that would be utterly unique, from the bomb-heavy Poppy Bro to the grab-obsessed Bugsy. This was the set that first cemented Kibble as a great moveset maker, although it wouldn't place as highly as Shine and Bright (see above).

Black Doom / Hyper_Ridley
Another rising presence in the MYM world, Hyper_Ridley turned in a batch of excellent movesets in MYM 3.0 but never really took off until MYM 4. Black Doom was his opus, an eclectic character based around making your own playstyle through a batch of attacks that did things nobody else had ever thought of. The number of interactions HR had hidden between the lines was unparallelled at the time, and is a trademark that continued in his later sets.

Cortez / Hyper_Ridley and goldwyvern
HR's other excellent set of the contest, along with Black Doom, was the first truly effective and successful "joint set", a moveset that resulted from the collaboration of multiple moveset makers. When he teamed up with a relatively maligned MYMer, they crafted this monstrosity, who boasts a versatile, clever playstyle, a brilliantly fitting mechanic, and HR's trademark clinical writing style.

Dimentio / MasterWarlord
MasterWarlord had certainly not vanished after his spectacular showing in MYM 3.0; however, as the quality of his fellow moveset makers rose, the spotlight was no longer affixed on him. That said, Dimentio, posted on the very first page, remains one of the very best examples of sheer creativity and intriguing attack interactions. Moreover, his ethereal color scheme and concepts as brilliant as the Boom Box kept him in voters' minds and endure today.

Advance Army / SirKibble
As the thread he had started entered its last days, Kibble took everyone by surprise with this powerhouse moveset with the amazing playstyle and the patented readability. With it, he proved once and for all that he had become one of the "Big 3", as they were not-so-affectionately dubbed by those that cried bias - MasterWarlord, KingK.Rool, and SirKibble.

Deoxys / Chief Mendez
By the end of MYM 4, Mendez had begun to lose interest in Make Your Move. This set, posted around the halfway mark, was one he had been prodded into posting, as he had never been completely satisfied with it; however, its organization, friendly level of detail, and simplistic but interesting concepts made for an easy, inviting read, and it proved just as popular as his earlier movesets. Mendez's departure is still remembered as one of the greatest losses MYM has suffered; his friendly, intelligent demeanour and air of easy authority have never quite been matched since.

[[ MYM 5 ]]

Acid Seaforce / Hyper_Ridley and Spadefox
The ultimate joint set between two of the closest friends in MYM, Acid Seaforce had it all, quite simply; a beautiful do-it-yourself playstyle, individual moves that were oozing uniqueness, a charming organization, perfect balance, and a writing style that simply begged to be read. It ended up narrowly winning the whole contest. It was only one of HR's numerous and indelible contributions to MYM 5, but Spadefox left not long after it, after a string of nasty arguments that resulted in him simply throwing up his arms and walking away.

Arthas / Chris Lionheart
After a tumultuous relationship with MYM that involved getting appointed and later booted from the authority figures, Chris redeemed himself with a moveset that took everyone by surprise. Arthas was the first "summons" character, and his mechanic was so simple - but so interesting - that Arthas rode the wave all the way to the Top 50, much later. The fact that he didn't quite make Top 10 is an injustice that can only be explained by how early he was posted. Chris would make many other excellent MYM 5 movesets, and handily regained his spot among the authorities.

Lemmy Koopa / Hyper_Ridley
HR's most popular moveset of the contest after Acid Seaforce (see above), this trap-based character revolves around turning the stage into a circus sideshow, and a real nightmare for any foe. His creativity and significance can't be overstated; he was one of the movesets that prodded forth the playstyle movement (see Alphonse).

Ryuk / MasterWarlord
MasterWarlord, who turned in a number of ultimately forgettable movesets in early MYM 5, eventually came out with this beast, whose unique concept and truth to the source material is almost unparallelled. This moveset embodies a rapidly emerging trend in movesets; the focus on an overall feel, a flow to the character's attacks, over the creativity of individual attacks. This "playstyle movement" would permanently change the way movesets were made and evaluated, and rather like the detail movement of late MYM 3.0 and MYM 4, was spearheaded by Warlord.

Alphonse/ MasterWarlord
Soon after Ryuk, Warlord posted his most popular moveset yet, the mighty Alphonse. With myriad move interactions and the definitive playstyle, he was an easy favorite to win the whole contest, but ultimately placed third, marking Warlord's worst showing in an MYM yet, as he had placed second in both MYM 3.0 and 4 - however, he lost here by a single vote in the tight top 10, making this in point of fact the closest he has ever come to victory. Al remains one of his best works and one of the most stimulating movesets ever made.

Miracle Matter / KingK.Rool
After his win in MYM 4, K.Rool almost rendered Kawasaki obsolete with several lauded movesets, the most popular of which was Miracle Matter, who had an easily imagined (if difficultly put into use) mechanic that involved the use of all his forms, just as in the eponymous boss battle. Each form - including a fireball, an ice cube, and a rock - has an unusual and creative playstyle.

Raiden / Smash Daddy
Smash Daddy had been sporadically present, commenting and reading movesets, since MYM 3.0, but he had only posted one set in each contest, a trend which continued with Raiden, who was posted as MYM 5 was drawing a close. He took everybody aback by showing off a monumental amount of improvement, and Raiden was unique in his off-the-wall organization, his professional writing style, his heavy, exhaustive detail, and his choose-your-weapon playstyle. He ended up tying with Acid Seaforce for the champion's crown, but was then narrowly chosen to place second by the Sins (the authorities at the time).

Cutesy Beau / Junahu
Junahu gave his finest outing since Donna and proved that he wasn't going anywhere any time soon when he surprised everyone with this OC. All agree that she has wonderful organization - a hallmark of Junahu's work - but after that, opinions are divided. Cutesy has attracted a devoted cult following based on her flowing playstyle, unique conception, and choice to emphasize a smooth implementation into Smash over complex standards. Definitely worth a read, if only to see what side you stand on, as this controversial set remains one of the most interesting examples of what MYM is capable of.

|| MYM 6 ||

The Count / MasterWarlord
Hunting that elusive win with increasing fervor, Warlord finally nailed it when he posted The Count, a monster of a two-in-one moveset with notably atrocious grammar that somehow adds to his distinctive personality. Recycling all of his past trademarks and making them coalesce into what some have called the Ultimate Warlord Set, this villainous heavyweight won MYM 6 with a surprising ease after the multiple ties of the previous contest.

Hades / BKupa666
Kupa had been putting in incredibly solid works ever since MYM 2, his notorious tendancies to overcomplicate and follow in the footsteps of his mentor MasterWarlord growing ever more famous, but it wasn't until this remake of an MYM 4 moveset that he finally broke through as one of the major MYMers. The quality of this set has been called in question of late, but its significance to the evolution of one of the biggest MYMers cannot be overstated.

Sloth / MasterWarlord
With Sloth, Warlord had shown just how much he intended to push playstyle. Almost every attack in Sloth's moveset is specifically meant to interact with at least one other attack, making a brilliant jigsaw puzzle and a stimulating thought experience. Individual move creativity had finally been cast aside in favor of the bigger picture, and Warlord pushed MYM forcefully into a whole new age of playstyle and detail. Sloth remained a frontrunner, right up there with The Count, until the end of the contest.

Zant / KingK.Rool
KingK.Rool posted universally acclaimed movesets throughout MYM 5, but tended toward controversy in MYM 6 with the seven consecutive Eeveelutions, the deliberately generic King Hippo, and the bizarre pseudo-joke set TAC. When he finally stopped playing head game and created a long-awaited moveset with heavy creativity and a layered playstyle, it quickly became a fixture in super vote lists and a worthy addition to his resumé.

Negative Man / MarthTrinity
MarthTrinity had been a contest fixture since MYM 2, but had become most well-known for placing 25th every contest without failure. A genial, friendly MYMer, it seemed only a matter of time before he broke through; in this case, it was with Negative Man, a silly - but perfectly valid - set for a minor Mother boss, focusing around his self-demeaning personality and brandishing an ingenious writing style. Like MT's excellent weekly recaps, Negative Man was written in the dead of night. The little set that could ended up placing in the Top 10, a surprise to all.

Anne Elmtod / Junahu
Ever one to push the envelope, Junahu claimed the anniversary of his MYM debut and pushed out three sets all at once, each unique and powerful in their own right; Anne, the spiritual successor to his very first moveset (see Donna, MYM 3.0), is the epitome of his approach to moveset-making, presenting all of her detail in the form of images and thereby making the set supremely easy to read. Never has photography in Smash been so interesting, and the simplistic standard attacks were a perfect fit for a simplicity-oriented MYM. Junahu had his best Make Your Move yet, posting six sets and still somehow maintaining his perfect Top 50 record.

Dingodile / MasterWarlord
While Warlord was to post more highly lauded movesets - such as a remake of his MYM 5 Gluttony - it is this humble-looking moveset that endures, for its surprisingly deep playstyle, a rare example of a character who plays differently against different foes and of a defensive character who cannot succumb to pressure. His charming organization (credited to agidius), tidy writing style, and abundant personality make him one of the greater movesets from his legendary creator.

Mewtwo / darth meanie and JOE!
JOE! had had moderate success with his Velociraptors earlier in the contest, and was making a name for himself as a highly unique MYMer who improved at a tremendous pace. darth meanie had taken MYM by storm and was only waiting for the moveset that would cement him as one of the greats. Working together to make this splendid reimagining of a popular character, they both found their stride. Mewtwo survived the final rush of movesets when others didn't, and will be remembered for creativity in moderation and for effectively obsoleting Sakurai's efforts.

George A. Romero / KingK.Rool
Opting for a nostalgic approach, K.Rool finally connected his love of movies with movesets by posting his tribute to the zombie subgenre on Halloween eve, the anniversary of the celebrated Headless Horseman. Written in the same way, with similar in spirit but considerably more appealing organization, Romero wormed his way into the hearts of many MYMers at the very last second and placed third without receiving any comments. Today, he is most remembered for showcasing the music-in-headers trend that agidius kindled midway through MYM 6 - Romero's soundtrack is a Greatest Hits of horror movie music.

{{ MYM 7 }}

Subaru Nakajima / darth meanie
Although he achieved mixed success with Magnezone, Nanoha Takamachi, and BubbleMan.EXE, it's with Subaru that DM cemented himself as one of the greatest working MYMers. Heralded as one of the first TRULY aggressive character not to center around combos, Subaru's inertia-based playstyle, a spiritual successor to Mach Rider, has made her one of the biggest contenders yet to emerge from MYM 7 and, some say, the greatest moveset ever made.

Drifblim / Plorf
Plorf, possibly the greatest perfectionist in MYM, has made only four solo sets in his three contests in MYM, despite his constant presence - three out of these have been highly acclaimed. It's Drifblim, however, that has earned the mantle of his crowning achievement, for the combination of an ingenious reverse gravity mechanic, heavy creativity, comprehensive detail, unimpeachable flow, and beautiful colouring. If this is the face of the future, MYM 7 looks to be the most intriguing yet.

Neo Exdeath

Smash Ace
Sirxch/ PPL/Whoever you are

Well, welcome back! It's always nice to have another MYMer on board. And you're gonna be doing Org. XIII movesets as well? Interesting. By that, I mean it'll be interesting how to MYMers see the same character in a moveset

THE DEFINITIVE ROSTER

Glad to see this is updated. I feel all the changes were pretty justified here. Other than that, I don't have much else to say.

Mario

Interesting concept, tirkaro. Trying to expand MYM to other games? I thought of doing that once, but then I decided that it would be too weird. I would like too see more movesets like this, though, as I find them interesting.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Glad to have you back Sixrch. =D

Mario remix made me lol. It was a good adaptation of Mario into Tatsunoko vs Capcom, but I wish you had included an assist attack.

*sees Zant in definitiv roster* *vomits*

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Mein Führer! I can walk!

Dr. Strangelove

or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb

Up until the dissolving of the Soviet Union, nuclear war was a common fear. The fateful "arms race" led up to a large stockpile of weapons in both the United States and Soviet Union, and both countries could destroy the world with them with little effort.

But what is fear without a little black humor? Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb was a 1964 satire of the nuclear scare. The movie had a whole cast of memorable characters (three played by Peter Sellers), but the most memorable was easily Dr. Strangelove. Collected but still mildly deranged, especially in episodes with his rebellious hand, Dr. Strangelove was a truly memorable character.

And did I mention? He's joining the Brawl. And as a blatant prop/trap character too

)) Note that all of Strangelove's bombs will disappear after twenty seconds OR after he is KOed. In addition, his bombs take double damage from fire based attacks and will detonate automatically when hit by an explosive attack. He also CAN be hurt by his own bombs, though he can't trigger them (e.g. walking over them).

Statistics

Range )) 10
Power )) 8
Fall Speed )) 8
Size )) 6
Priority )) 5
Traction )) 4
Recovery )) 4
Weight )) 4
Attack Speed )) 3
Movement Speed )) 2

The big things that stick out about Dr. Strangelove are his range and power. His range is truly amazing, having projectiles everywhere - but his power comes at a catch, as you'll see. Otherwise, there's little to note about Strangelove, save for that he has a mediocre (though safe) recovery and he's slow in both attack speed and movement speed. He would have bad traction and he does after you build up momentum, but his movement speed is too horrible for that to ever happen. You try dashing on a wheelchair...

Special Attacks

Neutral Special - Doomsday Device )) Dr. Strangelove reaches a hand into his jacket and fumbles out a silvery mechanical package about the size and shape of a crouching Squirtle, which he drops onto the ground below him. The entire process takes about as long as it takes Dingodile to bring down his crystals - that's rather quick. What does the package do? It acts as Strangelove's personal blast box! The device will take up to 30 damage before activating. Only one may be onstage at a time.

Upon activation, the device lets out a single mechanical beep. Half a second later, a mushroom cloud explosion covers the entire screen in an instant. That's the entire screen; there's no dodging this one. Everyone in the match takes a massive 45% and equally massive knockback in a random direction (this can't be teched) that KOs at any percent at all. This can't be dodged, super armored or avoided in any way. There's absolutely no way to not get hit by the explosion.

Broken, you say? The doomsday device will affect every player in the match. That includes Dr. Strangelove. Of course one visionary might want to activate his own Doomsday Devices to escape a high percentage and level the playing field; unfortunately, Dr. Strangelove may not damage his own Doomsday Devices (outside of his Down Aerial, anyway). However, if the opponent activates a chain reaction by triggering a bomb that causes the Doomsday Device itself to detonate, this is good to go.

So what's the use of the Doomsday Device? A threat. On his own Dr. Strangelove is a frail old man, but with the constant fear of destruction (and there's no way to tell who will come ahead on the last stock of a match) opponents will need to be wary around Strangelove. Of course the Doomsday Device is difficult to hit even on accident and it has lots of stamina too, but chain reactions may be set up, and it's not very hard, either. Still, while Dr. Strangelove does have ways of lowering his own Doomsday Device's stamina, they all are rather predictable. Perhaps Strangelove himself put the use of the Doomsday Device best:

Mr. President, it is not only possible, it is essential. That is the whole idea of this machine, you know. Deterrence is the art of producing in the mind of the enemy... the FEAR to attack. And so, because of the automated and irrevocable decision-making process which rules out human meddling, the Doomsday machine is terrifying and simple to understand... and completely credible and convincing.

Side Special - Missile Crisis )) Dr. Strangelove reaches into his back pocket and pulls out a bulky walkie-talkie device, speaking gibberish into the reciever. Half a second later, two Soviet soldiers in full regalia appear, pushing in a missile launcher out of the background. The entire process takes almost two seconds, but it only takes .75 for Strangelove to find and activate the walkie-talkie and hitting him after that won't cancel the attack. The turret is by default facing 75 degrees diagonal in the direction Strangelove was, but by tilting the analog stick at any point in the startup it can be aimed within a 180 degree radius. The turret itself is Bowser-sized with 40 stamina, but once its stamina is entirely removed, it launches its missile (see below). Missiles made by Strangelove can activate the Doomsday Device since the opponent activated them. One may be onstage at a time, and pressing the imput again will see the Soviet soldiers pull the turret off the screen for identical lag as before.

The missile launcher will fire its missile if any opponent walks in front of a line infinitely stretching out from the turret. It fires without any lag at nearly Sonic's dash speed. It is not affected by gravity. The missile is a little taller and thinner than Ganondorf, but on contact with any opponent or wall/ceiling it forms a Bowser-size explosion dealing a good 22% and intimidating but set upwards knockback (two Stage Builder Blocks). This is a very powerful move, but it can't be used like ordinary projectiles; it's too laggy and predictable.

Instead, this is a prime tool as a threat. The Doomsday Device won't be hit by a competent opponent, but this has a much wider range to make use of. Position this such that it will hit the Doomsday Device to fence off an area for Strangelove's use. Of course, getting the opponent into the position won't be very easy, though you won't be trying to do that (there are better ways to force the activation of the Doomsday Device).

Up Special - Aerial Assault )) Dr. Strangelove, once again, pulls out a walkie-talkie and speaks gibberish into it with the same animation as his Side Special; mindgames galore! However, the startup lag is a third of a second, so it's much quicker. His mometum is briefly stopped if he uses this in midair. After completing the startup lag, a bomber flies in from the background, instantly picking up Strangelove. For a second, Strangelove can move around the bomber at a speed only a little faster than Ganondorf's run; you probably won't be able to recover much during this period. After that part or a press of the B button, Strangelove leaps square out of the bomber floating with a parachute; essentially, from here his recovery works identically to Game and Watch's parachute. However, due to the extra payload of the wheelchair, Strangelove falls a little faster than Game and Watch and his aerial movement is two-thirds that of Game and Watch's. Similar to Peach's recovery, Strangelove can tilt the analog stick down to cancel this and go into a helpless state; however, he is unable to deploy the parachute again. Still, this is the only part of the recovery which sweetspots the ledge, making it an important component. Like ROB and Pit's, this has a fuel system, taking ten seconds to fully refuel after use. Use during this period results in a limited period for the first stage of recovery.

Since the bomber has so little speed, this is an easily gimpable recovery, right? Wrong. The bomber has 35 stamina, which doesn't sound -that- impressive, but there's only a one-second window in which to destroy the bomber. While destroying it will send Strangelove into helpless, he can easily exit it anyway to enter the second stage of recovery to negate the damage. Still, due to the poor distance it covers, this is far from an ideal recovery.

Down Special - Alien Hand )) Strangelove raises his hand into the air and waves it a couple of times, almost as if it were possessed by some outside force. This is an extremely quick animation, lasting a third of a second, but it's very noticable to every other player in the match. What he's just done is activate his alien hand! While Strangelove's alien hand is in effect, his arm flashes an orange color intermittently and his idle stance is replaced by his hand flying about and the other urgently trying to restrain it. To return to a regular state, Strangelove must grab himself (he can do that) and mash buttons to return to his regular state with grab difficulty. Like a real grab, this gets more difficult at a higher percentage. If he's interrupted, the progress restraining it is lost.

But what does the alien hand do? You see, Strangelove's alien hand has a mind of its own. After a three second period after the move is performed, a ten second period begins. At a random point during this period, Strangelove's alien hand will make a flicking motion. It's lagless and will be performed out of anything, but like the starting period, it's obvious to every other player in the match. The flicking hand will force a single, random bomb of Strangelove's to instantly activate or explode, apart from the Doomsday Device itself. The hand will lose its alien-ness after Strangelove takes 15%. These moves are:

)) Side Special (triggers launch of missile)
)) Neutral Attack
)) Forward Smash​

This doesn't sound all that menacing at all, but the thing is, Dr. Strangelove will usually have all of his bombs aligned with each other to form a chain reaction, which will probably explode the Doomsday Device. There's still hope for the opponent; Strangelove will probably have some "dead lines" that don't actually explode it, as the threat of the Doomsday Device has exactly the same effect. This move means that opponents of Strangelove will need to be on their toes all the time.

Standard Attacks

Neutral Attack - Bomb )) A rather simple attack, but an important one to Dr. Strangelove. Strangelove pulls a small bomb, the size of one of Snake's grenades, out of his jacket and roughly tosses it onto the ground. The entire process is very quick, taking almost a third of a second. There may be two onstage at once.

If any character or targetbox (like a minion) walks over a bomb, it instantly explodes, creating a hitbox similar to Snake's Down Special that stays out for about half a second, dealing 6% with bad set knockback in a random direction. Obviously, this is a very unreliable trap... but that's not how its used. Other bombs caught in its blast radius will explode as well...

Forward Tilt - Fail-Safe )) This move has no animation but can be held for anywhere from half to two seconds; there's ending lag varying from .2 to .6 of a second depending on how long this was held.

While Strangelove is holding this, no effect is immediately obvious, but his Doomsday Device is completely invulnerable to damage and will not detonate as long as this is held. Using this you can stop the Doomsday Device's detonation, but if you spam this, the opponent might depend on you using it, wasting the entire point of it. Use with care.

But that's not all! Hold B while you use this and it turns into fail-deadly! If Strangelove is hit with a move which KOs him in this state, a random bomb will detonate automatically (if present), taking the opponent down with you. Due to Brawl's incredibly screwy KO detector, this will still cause a bomb to detonate if Strangelove is hit offstage and allows himself to die, though this won't work if he lands on the ground and walks off the stage. In tandem, these two variants make hitting Strangelove a stressful experience.

Up Tilt - Hair Trigger Alert )) Dr. Strangelove flicks his hand upwards in an arc over his head, sort of like DK, dealing 6% and weak upwards knockback. If you don't hold A this ends here with no ending lag as a quick, weak juggler, but by holding the A button after the first part of the attack, Strangelove shakes a remote control down his sleeve and urgently mashes its single button for a full second or so of ending lag. What this does is put all of Strangelove's bombs on HAIR TRIGGER ALERT! for ten seconds or until Strangelove imputs this again (the whole move, not just the flick). After using this, you can't use it again for ten seconds more.

But what does it mean when bombs are on hair trigger alert? It means EVERYTHING! Essentially, it makes all of Strangelove's bombs detonate much quicker and with much less stimulus. The stamina of all bombs is halved, and the range within which a character can cause a bomb to detonate is doubled in area.

Essentially, Hair Trigger Alert is a way to restrict the foe's movements. If they act too recklessly or too aimlessly, they'll probably activate a bomb and another and probably lead to the detonation of the Doomsday Device itself. However, you shouldn't always have this on - it can wreak havoc with your careful setups. This will kill you too, but of course, you're Strangelove, so you're insane enough to do it.

Down Tilt - Defuse )) Dr. Strangelove faces the screen and leans slightly off his wheelchair, brushing the ground below him with his foot. This is a quick animation, taking about .3 seconds. Strangelove's foot deals 8% with low set horizontal knockback; due to the weak effect, narrow hitbox and slight punishability using this as an attack is a bad idea.

Instead, you should be using this to take control of your bombs; if a bomb of Strangelove's (not of anyone else) connects with the hitbox, it is defused and disappears. Of course, it's better to just think it out instead of risking punishment, but this is still an important way of backing up.

Dash Attack - Radiation )) Dr. Strangelove deliberately wheels himself forward around the distance of a Battlefield platform at around 2/3 the speed of his dash. This is rather punishable, as it sounds, but you can cancel the movement through a tap of the A button. There's no hitbox involved here at first glance, but in fact Strangelove's just made a zone of radiation! It's as tall as he is and as long as the distance he wheeled. All characters to step inside the zone (including allies or even Strangelove himself) will rapidly take damage at the rate of a Lip's Stick. This is not fast damage at all, but the zone of radioactivity never wears out, and once you've fenced off most of the stage, this is the only place the opponent can remain...

Smash Attacks

Forward Smash - Stockpile )) Dr. Strangelove rapidly pulls out all manners of bombs and explosives out of his jacket as he charges, and dumps them onto the ground to form a wall- a stockpile- upon release. The stockpile is always the width of Wario, but its height varies between Squirtle and Bowser depending on charge time. Only one may be onstage at a time. The wall has 15 to 35 stamina depending on charge time. It explodes after losing all stamina, forming an explosion stretching out a Pokeball on each side and dealing 14% to 26% with great knockback. Lag on each end is similar to Dedede's Up Smash, so this has decent starting and bad ending lag.

This was already useful as a threat in a similar manner to many of Strangelove's other attacks, but what truly makes this the crux of his playstyle is his ability to take bombs out of his stockpile, it being a stockpile and all. Press A next to the wall like you would pick up an item, and Strangelove pulls a bomb out of the stockpile and puts it into his jacket for a third of a second of lag. Tap a direction during the lag, and Strangelove will pull out a different type of bomb, listed below. The next time Strangelove uses his Neutral Attack, the bomb he pulls out will have new properties; more notably, the two limit for bombs counts separately for each type of mine. That means you can have two of each kind of bomb onstage at once! If he uses it again the newer bomb will be used after the previous one, and Strangelove can store up to six bombs in the depths of his jacket. The different types of bombs are:

No Direction - Time Bomb )) Time Bombs work identically to regular bombs (so it deals 6%)... but after twenty seconds, it automatically detonates if it hasn't already. This makes it rather unreliable in terms of making chain reactions since it'll activate them automatically, but this has its uses.

Left - Parachute Mine )) A bomb floating on a Ivysaur-size blue parachute. This has identical properties to the regular bomb (again, so it deals 6%)... but it's floating in midair. This can be planted in midair by using a Neutral Aerial for the same lag as before, temporarily halting Strangelove's momentum if he has any. The parachute has 15 stamina and the bomb drops down to earth at the speed of a fastfalling Jigglypuff if the parachute is destroyed. It will detonate automatically once it hits the ground. This allows for midair chain reactions. By the way, for some reason, this won't fall, being magically suspended in midair.

Right - Cluster Bomb )) This bomb looks largely similar to the regular one. When it detonates, it cracks into eight pieces, which fly out and explode over an area of 2/3 a Battlefield platform, evenly spaced. Each deals 3% for up to 18%. Each explosion is barely bigger than the piece, and since the bomb was so small in the first place, the hitboxes aren't very big. Of course, since there are eight of them, this still has good range. This will mostly see use for having more range than the regular grenade. They won't detonate early if they hit anyone, just bouncing off, so you can't "body block" a chain reaction involving this.

Up - Pillar Charge )) This bomb has a blast radius 2/3 that of the regular bomb... but after the first explosion, a second and then a third explosion occurs directly above the first. Each individual explosion deals 6% for up to 18%. There's about a third of a second of lag between each explosion, so this takes around a second to fully explode. This is your best way of making chain reactions that go upwards.

Down - Stun Grenade )) Upon detonation, a Ness-size blast of light occurs, having a little more range than the regular bomb, though centered vertically. This will detonate other bombs in its blast radius, but instead of dealing damage or knockback to opponents hit by it, it causes a stunning effect, just like a Deku Nut. Strangelove is rather hard-pressed to punish, but this is a great way of finding the time to set up a chain reaction, or lengthen one.

Each bomb Strangelove takes out of his stockpile will shorten it as if it was charged by 1/5 less seconds. This means you can take anywhere from 1 to 10 bombs out of your stockpile depending on charge time. This is one of your most important moves; use it well.

Up Smash - Arms Race )) Strangelove pulls an intimidating gun out of his jacket as he charges, and once he releases, every character in the match pulls out a gun of their own. Yeah, even if items are off. The guns are the size of a Cracker Launcher and can be fired similarly to a Ray Gun, forming shots with identical speed and range. They can be thrown away just like a Cracker Launcher but will not be hitboxes when thrown. All guns will disappear after fifteen seconds, and Strangelove is unable to use this again during this period.

Three to seven shots may be fired from each gun depending on charging time. C-Sticked each shot deals 5%, but fully charged each does 8%. The knockback is more diagonal than a Ray Gun, preventing infinites like with a real Ray Gun.

You might think this is near useless since your opponent gets every buff you do... but this is actually rather useful to Strangelove. You see, the opponent must fire carefully for fear of activating the Doomsday Device via a chain reaction, but Strangelove doesn't need to: he might even structure his bombs such that he can camp properly with this for a potentially epic damage dealer! If you want to bother with damage, that is.

Down Smash - Bomb Shelter )) Like in the opening to several other moves, Strangelove speaks gibberish urgently into a walkie-talkie as he charges, putting his walkie-talkie away upon release. This is a rather laggy motion, about as quick as Snake's Forward Smash. There are no apparent effects after release, apart from a mysterious metal panel half the width of a Stage Builder Block on the ground directly below Strangelove. One may be out at once and it can take 20 to 35 damage before disappearing (only hit by low attacks such as Down Tilts), though it can theoretically remain on the stage indefinitely. It also expires after one use. Hmm...

Crouch over the metal panel and Strangelove ducks off his wheelchair and slides the panel to the side to reveal a large hole- a bomb shelter!- and leaps in. This is a laggy animation (ending lag of Lucas's Up Smash), but Strangelove has super armor. He'll stay inside the bomb shelter for two to five seconds depending on charge time, and will exit the shelter with the same lag as he entered it, still having super armor. While Strangelove is in the bomb shelter, he's effectively ducked out of the battle for a period, and is immune to all attacks, though he can't attack himself. Opponents can't enter the bomb shelter.

The bomb shelter is, after all, a bomb shelter, so this is best used to avoid bombs. Trigger a long chain reaction leading to the Doomsday Device and enter the bomb shelter. The chain reaction has to be a long one or the Doomsday Device will send you flying away (since it ignores super armor), but still, this is a great way of scoring KOs, if you can set it up right.

Aerial Attacks

Neutral Aerial - Neutrality )) Dr. Strangelove doesn't even exit his aerial idle stance once this move is imputted. While he's going through an animation, it's impossible to tell that he is. If he manages to complete the entire half-second "animation", a Strangelove-width and infinitely high zone of neutrality is formed directly below where he completed the move on the nearest platform of the stage downwards. As many zones of neutrality can be formed as you want, and they will wear out according to the twenty second timer.

What the zone of neutrality actually does is nullify the effects of hitboxes within. You can attack, but moves won't deal any damage or knockback. This works for both Strangelove and the opponent, so this is only useful as a staller, right?

Well, actually, this is a very useful move to have. The only value of the Doomsday Device is a threat to be destroyed- it should not matter whether or not it will actually happen if the opponent thinks so. Thusly, this is best used to interrupt a chain reaction- the explosion won't do damage and won't detonate the next bomb. This is best used in tandem with another aerial to make it less obvious.

Forward Aerial - Little Boy )) Strangelove halts his aerial momentum to call down a bomber out of the background with identical animation to his Up Special, but a little less lag. The plane immediately drops a pathetic little bomb the size of Olimar, which falls at the speed of a fastfalling Jigglypuff. Contact with it in the air deals a measly 5% with a weak meteor smash, but once it hits the ground, it explodes, forming a Yoshi-size hitbox dealing 12% with middling knockback. Given how badly this telegraphs, it's hardly worth it, is it?

Well, if the opponent is hit by the falling bomb, the resulting explosion will count as a hitbox of their own; thus, it can activate nearby bombs, and perhaps the Doomsday Device! Of course, they'll just have gotten the hell away by the end of predictable motion, so they can't be hit...

Back Aerial - Fat Man )) Identical animation to Forward Aerial, but the bomb is the size of Mario, falls at the speed of a fastfalling Fox while dealing 9% and an average strength meteor smash (this is far too laggy to gimp) and forms a Bowser-size explosion for 18% with stunning knockback. However, this has an airdodge worth's more lag... You see where this is going? If the opponent tries to airdodge when they thing the bomb will fall, they're a sitting duck to a much more menacing explosion as well as their impending doom. Combine this with Forward Tilt, and Strangelove can be difficult to approach at the best of times.

Up Aerial - Suicide )) Dr. Strangelove pulls out a gun and points it at his cheek and pulls the trigger, launching a bullet projectile straight upwards. The bullet, while the size of a Pokeball, moves at an incredible speed with infinite vertical range and very good priority. It deals a rather broken 20% with obscene vertical knockback (kills at 75%). There's startup lag, but this is still a great KO move, right?

However, this is called suicide for a reason... the hitbox of this move will hit Strangelove as well. That's right, whether or not he misses, he'll take 20% and obscene knockback too! So what's the use of this? Try and hit your opponent with this when death is inevitable to take them down with you. Still, know that Strangelove will always die first.

Down Aerial - Suicide Bomber )) At first glance, this is a generic stall-then-fall. Dr. Strangelove halts in midair before slamming straight downwards, with startup, falling speed and landing lag similar to that of the Ice Climbers' Down Aerial. Like theirs, this is NOT a meteor smash, merely doing 18% with low horizontal knockback. However, unlike the Ice Climbers, this won't stop after falling a certain distance, always going all the way to the stage. An utterly garbage move.

However, there's a glorious silver lining. With this move, you are capable of dealing damage to your own Doomsday Device. This cannot detonate regular bombs, only the Doomsday Device itself, but this is still very useful: remove all the Doomsday Device's stamina, kill everyone in the match and reset the stock. Remember, though, that you'll need two consecutive uses, which requires spare time - something rare for Strangelove.

Grab Attacks

Grab - Russian Reversal )) Dr. Strangelove sticks out his hand in what looks at first like a regular grab... but halfway through, his rebellious hand switches directions and roughly grabs Strangelove by the neck. Strangely enough, Strangelove doesn't look at all upset... You have to button mash out to escape from your own grab, though the cardinal directions and A button won't work towards this, as they cause Strangelove to throw himself...

Pummel - Russian Roulette )) Dr. Strangelove's alien hand pulls a gun out of his jacket and begins twirling the barrel of the gun around, making around four revolutions a second, as long as the A button is held. Once the A button is released, the barrel stops in place and one of the chambers clicks below Strangelove, dependant on how long he twirled the barrel.

Once Strangelove begins using his pummel, the chamber that was initially pointing towards his head has a bullet loaded in it, apparently. If you release the pummel right when this same chamber is pointing to Strangelove, he'll take damage and knockback identical to his Up Aerial. If Strangelove is attacked, the chamber leaps to any chamber one to five ahead at random before firing.

You may be questioning how useful this is now, but in fact this can be very useful. With practice it isn't difficult to get the chamber with the bullet in it each time, and remember that the bullet will be shot upwards as a powerful projectile as well. Of course no competent opponent will be hit by it, but that isn't the point. Place yourself beneath a bomb that would start a chain reaction and eventually activate the Doomsday Device, and your opponent can't attack you for fear of activation. Strangelove can't be grabbed either, which both makes this all the more safer and forms a valuable tactic against Dedede et al.

Forward Throw - Reload )) With the lag of three Pikmin Plucks, Dr. Strangelove inserts a new bullet into the next chamber of his gun (the next to be spun past via pummel without a bullet in already). This is a rather obvious animation. Now spinning to this chamber will result in being shot as well...

Back Throw - Unload )) The counterpart to Forward Throw, this is near lagless and nearly impossible to spot. A bullet drops out of the gun, removing the last bullet added via Forward Throw. You can't remove the first bullet.

Up Throw - Mark )) Dr. Strangelove presses his thumb against the current barrel of his gun with Forward Throw lag, making a silvery thumbprint against the barrel, being very noticable against the subdued gray of the rest of the gun. Up to six may be made, though having them all marked will hardly help you. This is rather useful for learning how to use this properly, and used correctly, it may even help you in the heat of battle...

Down Throw - Rub Off )) With Back Throw lag, Dr. Strangelove rubs off his latest Up Throw thumbprint. Unlike Back Throw this is very noticable, though it's still quick. Use this after Up Throw and the opponent won't know anything while you do...

Final Smash - Communism

Strangelove lets out an eerie laugh, and wheels himself into the background, as the screen blacks out. It lights up a second later to reveal the Brawlers in... the Soviet Union? Indeed- ominous gray buildings dot the landscape and all platforms are replaced by indeterminate buildings in the foreground which can be stood on. The layout of the stage is unchanged, though many things are amusingly altered. The new stage remains for a full ten seconds before disappearing in another blackout.

There is no immediately noticable effect to this... but Strangelove regains all stocks he lost during the Final Smash when the Communist reign ends. For example, If he's lost two stocks during the Final Smash, he'll regain two at the end. This obviously won't cover his last stock.

This may seem rather useless at first... but this covers all of Strangelove's suicide KOs, as well. You can spam your Doomsday Device and your Up Aerial all you want without suffering the ill effects of the lost stock. Your opponents will probably all gang up on you because of how utterly, recklessly destructive you can be in this phase, but still, this is one of the most effective Final Smashes in the game.

Playstyle

Playing as Dr. Strangelove is quite unlike playing as any other character. Many others win through brute force, but Strangelove is a character of psychology. Strangelove has the brute force to bomb the entire world at the drop of a pin - harnessing that force is what it means to play as him.

Everything centers around the Doomsday Device. There is no strategy to where and when you place it; just put it down once you spawn. You can develop your chain reaction quite easily away from it no matter where it is, and half of your moves are rendered inviable if it isn't around. Besides, it's not like the motion is punishable at all.

The point of the Doomsday Device, remember, is that nobody wants it to activate on that fateful final stock of the match. It leaves the victor up to blind chance, which is nothing anybody would ever want to do in a serious match: everything is on the line. There will be your stragglers who try to destroy it to even out the stock, but you can do that too - nobody can ever be more insane and haphazard than Strangelove himself. Still, you want to stay barely ahead in order to stop the opponent from activating the Doomsday Device, because nobody ever wants it activated.

Once you have the Doomsday Device down, you want the threat of destruction hanging over everyone's heads. Set up a Forward Smash stockpile and lay out your bombs all across the stage. The animation to plant them is somewhat laggy, but you can solve that: plant a turret via your Side Special to fence off an area for Strangelove, and the enemy can't pass it for fear of activation. Now spread out your bombs as much as you can: this often leaves the foe helpless to your reign of terror. For the opponent, you can't rock the boat or the world will collapse. Activate Hair Trigger Alert via Up Tilt and this becomes even more tangible.

This is where another character would typically be racking damage. Damage? Psshaw! You're Strangelove, and you have something immensely powerful at your beck and call. Granted, you can set up some Dash Attack radiation if you need to in case you're forced to KO with Up Aerial, but... Use your Down Aerial to activate a chain reaction, which gives you time to duck into a Down Smash bomb shelter (and don't tell me you don't have one set up). The opponent can abuse all the defense they want, and it won't make a whit of difference, as they've effectively lost a stock already. Sometimes your opponent stops you from escaping, but it doesn't matter. You're Strangelove, and you can afford to die for the motherland. There's plenty of time to pull ahead. Even when you lose a stock yourself, it's very easy to go out with a bang with your fail-deadly Forward Tilt.

Here's a little secret: you don't want the Doomsday Device to go off. Granted, the opponent doesn't either, but what about win-win situations? Or lose-lose? The value of the Doomsday Device is not that it will go off, it's that it can go off. If you mask your intentions properly by occasionally jumping into the air with no motive at all, it's very easy to set up a zone of neutrality with your Neutral Aerial, and - presto! The Doomsday Device doesn't go off, and you've profited every bit as much from the psychological factor. There's making yourself fail-safe or even defusing a bomb as the chain reaction goes by with your Forward or Down Tilt, respectively, but these are so much simpler and more predictable. It's so much more valuable to see your opponent squirm before their inevitable death.

At the same time, though, you must love the bomb because of the leverage it gives you. If the opponent gains too much of a percentage lead in a stock, they might easily see Strangelove casually use his Down Aerial to put both on an even keel. And then you have numerous tactics that center around the bomb. The mindgames with Little Boy/Fat Man can keep even the most aggressive of characters away, and hitting Strangelove is always something to be afraid of given that this might trigger the Doomsday Device. Stop worrying, and learn to love the bomb!

Dr. Strangelove is a psychological threat, but at the same time, he is tangible. Even one to frequently face Strangelove may never see the impeding holocaust of the Doomsday Device, but the threat is always there. Remember, the Premier loves surprises. They'll be too busy tiptoeing over your digital labyrinth of bombs to see them explode before their very eyes...

Matchups

Vs. Romero - 65/35 )) Here's a matchup that's kind to Strangelove. Romero's all about those zombies of his, but the fact that they function automatically makes it rather awkward for Romero - Strangelove is perfectly capable of hiding behind two midair Parachute Bombs, and if the zombies try and bite them they might end up detonating the Doomsday Device itself. Obviously Romero's going to try and stop this, shepherding his zombies around with moves like Dance of the Cadaver - but this is rather awkward to handle, and it stops Romero from playing a more well-rounded role with his zombies.

Given that, Romero has a tool in his zombie children - they're short enough to go under aerial bombs high enough to block adult zombie bites. Strangelove can plant two at both heights, of course, but this leaves him vulnerable from behind given his two limit on each variety of bomb. In addition, the fact that zombies are so reckless means that Strangelove is in danger as well - remember, nobody wants the Doomsday Device to go off. He's probably better off playing as a standard trap character, really, given how stupid zombies are around bombs.

Vs. Axel - 60/40 )) Ordinarily, Axel tries to combo as quickly as he can do build up the fire on his chakrams to make them more powerful, but Strangelove throws a wrench into this with his chain reactions. Many of Axel's attacks have fairly large hitboxes, which makes it difficult to combo without activating a trap and eventually the Doomsday Device itself. Once Axel builds up some fire on his chakrams he can get down to business and avoid the traps, but it's still rather difficult, and you need to combo to build up the fire... catch-22, huh? Axel might be able to function better playing as a projectile spammer/gimper, but given that he's so much better equipped for combos, this is far easier said than done.

Vs. Negative Man - 55/45 )) An interesting matchup here, as each character partially invalidates the other. Negative Man is as weak as ever and doesn't really have any firepower to deal with Strangelove, and the fact that he can't willfully move around makes things all the more difficult for him. On the other hand, he has an excellent move to use - Same Old Same Old. Tag Strangelove with a Side Special and things get much more difficult - you've probably just used a mine, and in that case, you can't withdraw new mines from your stockpile - you can only put down more of the first one, and given the two limit, this can be infuriating. It gets worse if you're forced to use something like Up Aerial. As if that wasn't enough, Negative Man can wreak havoc with your chain reactions with his Up Special and Down Tilt. With Up Special he can temporarily pull the stage down and then activate a central bomb, which won't do anything, due to the messed up structure of the stage. Down Tilt he can drag bombs out of position, albeit slowly.

This sounds rather ...depressing for Strangelove, doesn't it? The fact is, Negative Man is after all Negative Man. He can't damage rack on Strangelove worth a damn, and given that Strangelove can grab himself to render himself immune to grabs by grabbing himself, Negative Man can never get in enough pummels to score a KO. Each stock he'll probably KO by activating the Doomsday Device himself for a suicide KO, but this is very unreliable and Strangelove can try and stop this (though Negative Man's stalling can generally stop this without any trouble), giving Strangelove a slight advantage.

Vs. Lucy - 45/55 )) Strangelove will set up his Doomsday Device immediately at the beginning of the match, but this gives Lucy enough time to do something lagless of her own - her Up Special. Propping herself up on her vectors effectively turns Lucy into a living wall. If the Lucy player is lucky enough to prop up over the Doomsday Device, congratulations, you've managed to completely invalidate Strangelove. You've fenced off the Doomsday Device and Strangelove has nothing to really do. It'll disappear in twenty seconds, but Strangelove's got nothing to do until then.

Of course, Lucy doesn't really have anything to do from here either. Sure you can use your Down Tilt, but since Strangelove doesn't have anything to do, he'll with all likelihood be far, far away, making it impossible to fence him in between your two vectors. And remember what I said about Strangelove having nothing to do? Well, he can passively set up a couple of traps, which stop Lucy from sending out her vectors - they won't set off the Doomsday Device, of course, but they'll cause any vectors sent out to automatically retract, making it damn near impossible to do anything before the Doomsday Device disappears. Of course, Lucy can easily gain a stock lead and peacefully lie over one of Strangelove's bombs to stall, but she was good enough at this already. Besides, Strangelove will do everything in his power to stop you from doing this.

Vs. Dingodile - 40/60 )) At first glance, Dingodile is the antithesis to who Dr. Strangelove wants to face. He's every bit as insane as you are, and perfectly happy to be sent into the abyss with you. Right at the beginning of the match he'll plop down his crystals, and as always, Strangelove can do nothing about it. Seeing as the crystals are going to cover around a quarter to half the stage, you're pretty well screwed here, with no room to set up your all-important chain reactions. Granted, Dingo's going to risk detonation through his fireballs, but given how easily aimable they are there's little risk of this. As if that wasn't enough, it's nigh impossible to gain a KO especially on the smaller stages, as there's little to no room to set up a chain reaction long enough to enter your bomb shelter for a KO given Dingo's accursed crystals. On the last stock, he's perfectly capable of finishing himself off with an overheated Forward Smash, though since he'll lose a stock anyway, this is a glorified taunt really.

That's if Strangelove lets Dingo keep up his crystals, anyway. Strangelove has many ways of destroying them: it's now feasible to camp with Side Special, and by hunkering down behind a Forward Smash stockpile he's nigh unhittable, especially since it's so awkward for Dingodile to just shoot his fireballs straight up given how long it'll take them to connect. Bombs in general are rather effective, especially the Pillar Charge, as the three long hitboxes can destroy in the neighborhood of fifteen crystals at once! Once Dingo's trying to destroy staggler crystals, Strangelove can easily plant a bomb leading to the Doomsday Device, which Forward Smash would hit - thus remaining Dingo's best way of clearing crystals. Still, the fact that Dingodile can bring down his crystals, he can play keepaway efficiently and he can just use an overheated Forward Smash to bring Strangelove and those straggler crystals down, this is very much in Dingodile's favor, though it isn't unwinnable for Strangelove.

Vs. Zant - 35/65 )) Strangelove has an advantage right off the bat in that he's pretty much immune to the effects of twilight. You're much more about your chain reactions than directly attacking, and the point of your traps is activating the Doomsday Device, not being a bland trap character. The only significant thing affected by twilight is the Doomsday Device, and that's a trifle - it's pretty much every bit as powerful with 2/3 knockback.

That said, Zant pretty much renders Strangelove's chain reactions useless via reshaping the stage. Not only is Zant fully capable of setting up the stage so that chain reactions are difficult, like forming numerous earthen monuments to block them, he can easily destroy them via the same strategem: warp them away. Or simply Down Smash them up. Once Zant spreads out his twilight, he might have difficulty comboing without running into one of those accursed traps, but combo heaviweights are always capable of comboing, no? Simply step out and take a floaty jump to a cluster of traps, set up an Up Special portal and send them away...

Vs. Lemmy Koopa Vs. The Kid Vs. Leafeon - 30/30/15/25 )) The Doomsday Device gets much more complicated to use during an FFA matchup, as well as much more useful to everyone. Not only are you taking away the stock of the opponent you're directly facing, you're taking away everyone else's as well. This is very useful when everyone is at the same stock level and you're lagging in percentage, but if anybody has a stock lead this is giving the advantage to them. Thusly, people are going to be constantly trying to even everything out by activating it and do so recklessly before anybody scores a KO. Seeing as Strangelove is the one in control of it and Doomsday Devices won't be around without him, he'll survive much longer than his abilities suggest.

Before expounding, though, let's get The Kid out of the way. He's a small and mobile target, which is an advantage in being difficult to hit... But The Kid is so ridiculously light that any moderately powerful trap like Strangelove's Stockpile or Lemmy's Surprise Cannon he's either going to be KOed or knocked far away from the stage so that he can't help but be meteor smashed by a Reverse POW Block Lemmy will have probably set up. Given that The Kid's traps and summons are much laggier than those of the other trap characters, he'll have trouble setting up traps especially since he'll be spending most of the time respawning, not having a chance at setting up. As if that wasn't enough, many of The Kid's most useful traps fire on their own, making it impossible to stop them from unintentionally hitting the Doomsday Device. He has no choice but to stick to weaker and more predictable traps like his Neutral Aerial and grab clawed tree, making him rather irrelevant to the match as a whole, though the fact that he can potentially live for a while boosts his chances some.

Leafeon's Tree of Life, while requiring growth, will eventually grow into a massive wall that blocks all traps as long as it exists. This means it's a bad idea to set up traps there, which will eventually disappear once consumed by the growing tree. In fact, this applies to quite a few of Leafeon's attacks - since they sacrifice lag for growth time, they're threats without even being there yet, since they will eventually invalidate traps. Leafeon doesn't have a hard time keeping all of his plants alive given his assorted defenses of them, but his Razor Leaf - ie his main means of damage - is typically unusable since it activates traps, usually Strangelove's chain reactions, but given the battle for real estate Strangelove might not always be able to set it up.

Despite Leafeon's myriad of advantages, he doesn't gain a big advantage on everyone else since he can't afford to kill off Strangelove and Lemmy practically has it made. With his Koopa Warp Pipes or his Flying Trapeze he can easily traverse a trap-laden stage, most of his traps are reliable enough not to activate Doomsday Device chain reactions (since he'll probably get to the final two, where they're much easier to set up), his traps are versatile
since he didn't have to be unique with them due to being among the first trap characters
... he's got an awful lot going for him. With all likelihood he's going to be fighting Strangelove on the final two, and they're both evenly matched - whoever wins the new battle of real estate wins.

Common outcome of the match is Strangelove and Lemmy in either first or second between them, Leafeon in third and The Kid in last. The only other feasible outcome is Strangelove/Leafeon/Lemmy/Kid, but given Lemmy's far greater versatility, this is unlikely.

darth meanie

Smash Journeyman
Some Set Up Us The Bomb!

Dr. Strangelove

This moveset is an absolutely brilliant idea. This guy is where mindgames and thoughtful playing really comes out, and you fight a battle of guts with your opponent. The concept of the Doomsday Device is beautifully implemented and well executed in his moveset as the crux of his interesting playstyle.

The set is full of complicated moves and headgames, from the integral stockpile, to suicide attacks, to the ridiculous Arms Race. The problem is that this set is so complicated and convoluted that it's almost impossible to understand.

The Neutral Air is a perfect example of this. This sets up a zone so you can stop bombs, even the Doomsday Device, from working without letting your opponent know, for twenty seconds. This is a massively useful move. The problem is I have no way of being able to be sure if I have it on or not a little later in the match, twenty seconds is a long time to go without confirmation of whether that's working or not. The whole moveset has so many different things trying to go on at once that it goes beyond mere headgames and would take a computer just to handle everything at once.

It gets even more convoluted with things like his suicide moves and self grabbing attacks, the alien hands abilities, and so many weird inputs, like the Ftilt and Utilt; those various modes are pretty complicated to try to manage the way you have them laid out, especially since I have to be constantly holding down the B button for part of the Ftilt's effects.

Also, the moveset really doesn't survive contact with the enemy. Since Strangelove has so few ways to directly attack the enemy (outside of suicide), it's much easier for opponents to try to pressure Strangelove than you let on. Even with the threat of missiles, which take a while to get up anyways, no opponent is going to let you activate these chain reactions you seem to keep talking about like you expect them to. Certainly, you have ways to dissuade opponents, but if I was playing against Dr. Strangelove, I certainly wouldn't behave like he wants me to.

Don't get me wrong, I liked this moveset, think it's still brilliant, and actually liked the organization. The problem is that he's practically unapproachable with all of the options and bomb management abilities he has. The Doomsday Device already supplies a lot of playstyle, and if you had perhaps cut down on some of the extra effects like the Ftilt and Utilt, and gave him some better ways to force the opponent to stay back rather than just discourage them, this set would easily be my favorite of all time.

This was certainly ambitious though, and I think that, for what it is, it's excellent. It's a refreshing approach to a trap character, and I thoroughly enjoyed reading the set. Good job Wizzerd.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
*sees Zant in definitiv roster* *vomits*
Gee, thanks, HR. 9_9

Anyway, more to the point, I went ahead and previewed our good friend Strangelove up there, so I may as well take this opportunity to comment on him. Basically, the idea of the set is to tie up the stage with so many bomb threats that the opponent can't risk actually ATTACKING without setting them off; as everyone who's seen the movie (and that should be everybody :mad:) knows, this is absolutely spot on with it. It IS a bit odd to put all of this in the hands of Strangelove, who by rights is really just an advisor and not an arsonist, but since you're encapsulating the concept of the movie and not just the character, it's perfectly all right.

So many interactions... basically the whole moveset is one tangled web, and it's pretty hard to decipher. Definitely a very complex set. That said, we can do with a bit of complexity now and then, get us thinking, and anyway it's somewhat hypocritical of people who liked Al and Ryuk to ever complain about overcomplexity. Strangelove's playstyle ends up being something that anyone could enjoy playing, something both unique and fitting. What more can one ask for?

Definitely an extraordinary set, Wiz. Although don't think I won't comment on Lucario Remix eventually. (crs)

And yeah, ignoring how erratic my use of it is:

Katapultar

Smash Lord
[size=+3]Dr. Strangelove[/size]
The set looks very complicated as dm stated, though I almost think that his Side Special contradicts what is said in his Neutral Special about Dr. Strangelove not being able to set-off his own bomb. He could set-up his own bomb instantly with his Side Special, keeping in mind that fire attacks (Explosives too) detonate the bomb twice as quickly. I could be wrong however.

Im also not totally sure about this as well, but Strangelove doesn't seem to have many shown ways to KO apart from his Doomsday Device. Russian Roulette is hard to digest in that manner, if he can't potentially KO a foe without his big move, Doomsday Device isn't the most useful thing for winning. For all I care, he could KO his foe somehow, then keep spamming DD and setting it off with the Side Special for a instant match win. But he doesn't have much defence as dm stated, to be able to do that in the first place.

The set seemed hard to understand and a bit dull in color (It's perfectly understandable however for staying in character) overall. Though his playstyle is clearly something that is rather unique, and it's not the easiest thing to be able to just balance and give the man the essentials when you're trying to focus on his bombs and a whole load of other stuff. It's a fun set all and all and the concept of a Doomsday Device is very scary.

Stangelove did manage to be a unique set, and becomes another frail old man reliant on a niche to get him through, though this is not at all bad.

While Kata points out some minor flaws, overall I feel this set is pretty top-notch.

Though I do have a qualm of my own: The Down Aerial.

You pointed out, yourself, that the Doomsday is not broken because you can't just wrack high damage then detonate, but the ease of the Down Aerial contradicts this. There is nothing terribly detrimental preventing this auto-detonation, as the lag speed and properties are similar to the Ice Climbers, which as I recall are easy to use.

n88

Smash Lord
It's spelled "missile". (d)

I'll have something serious to say about Strangelove tomorrow afternoon. I'm too tired right now.

EDIT:

Also, "imput" is, to the best of my knowledge, not a word. I suspect you mean "input". [/NITPICKING]

Anyhow, I love Dr. Strangelove. I would play as him just to **** with people. The playstyle was amazing, and despite all the stuff that seems broken, I don't think he's really overpowered. The Doomsday Device may be a tad easy to set off, though. You claim the D-Air isn't as effective as it seems, because Strangelove doesn't get much free time, but I'm not so sure. He seems adept at getting free time to me. It takes opponents a while to navigate a minefield. But for all his flaws, he seems to be in-character, to have a well-thought out playstyle, and would be amazing to actually play as. Kudos.

Frf

Smash Apprentice
Wiz and his magical pineapple scented notebook
-Oh noez a prop character. Either way I don't mind as long as it's in character.
-This organization is giving off a Romero vibe...
-Thank god you mentioned the wheelchair earlier.

-I've only read one move and you've already outdone dead hand and luccy.
-TYPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO*uses doomsday device on lamp*
-Good lord 2 specials and strangelove would be intimidating to play as and confusing as hell to play against.
-well to be honest i don't expect a guy in a freaking wheelchair to have that great of a recovery
-Alien hand is pretty neat, although a bit odd.

-Stockpile seems craaaazy useful. So many bombs. 0_0
-Up smash would be hilarious with some of the more innocent characters. XD Although it would be annoying if strangelove activated it again whenever it stopped.
-Bomb shelter is definitely a cool idea. Love the set so far.

-The neutral aerial is *insert generic compliment*!
-The stale move effect in brawl would probably make the down air need three uses...
-Throws are confusing, but still neat how you implemented it.
-Playstyle was written sexily, although throws were barely, if ever mentioned....

You've outdone yourself on this set, Wiz. The set is massive and has many onion-esque layers (god that was an awful analogy), which could be a good or bad thing depending on whose reading it. I think it's a great thing, but only because you handled it so well with an incredibly improved writing style and being able to implement Dr. Strangelove of all people into Smash bros. without a hitch. The only big complaint is how complicated it would be to actually, you know, PLAY as him without going through some video game training camp from hell. He would be bottom tier simply because no one would figure out how to play the doctor at a competitive level.

It was still a very purdy set though.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Dr. Strangelove

This moveset is an absolutely brilliant idea. This guy is where mindgames and thoughtful playing really comes out, and you fight a battle of guts with your opponent. The concept of the Doomsday Device is beautifully implemented and well executed in his moveset as the crux of his interesting playstyle.
:bee:

The set is full of complicated moves and headgames, from the integral stockpile, to suicide attacks, to the ridiculous Arms Race. The problem is that this set is so complicated and convoluted that it's almost impossible to understand.
I was going for having a bunch of layers and that you could just go as deep as you want to play as him, but I guess it didn't work perfectly as I'd planned. I doubt he'd really be playable (as in being usable, not being on the select screen), but that could be said of certain other past MYM sets like Miracle Matter... yeah, I'm making excuses.

The Neutral Air is a perfect example of this. This sets up a zone so you can stop bombs, even the Doomsday Device, from working without letting your opponent know, for twenty seconds. This is a massively useful move. The problem is I have no way of being able to be sure if I have it on or not a little later in the match, twenty seconds is a long time to go without confirmation of whether that's working or not. The whole moveset has so many different things trying to go on at once that it goes beyond mere headgames and would take a computer just to handle everything at once.
If I gave the NAir any indication that it was gone, it would sort of defeat the purpose of the move IMO. The big thing behind it is that you disable chain reactions without letting the opponent ever know, and any indication that they're gone would tip them off that all of them are currently safe... then again, that might be a good thing and make his strategy to play against more complicated... Meh. Maybe I'll add something. As for being impossible to play as... doubt that many MYM characters are at all easy to play as, but you're right. ¬_¬

It gets even more convoluted with things like his suicide moves and self grabbing attacks, the alien hands abilities, and so many weird inputs, like the Ftilt and Utilt; those various modes are pretty complicated to try to manage the way you have them laid out, especially since I have to be constantly holding down the B button for part of the Ftilt's effects.
I honestly think it's possible to play as him without going into the more complicated things like this, but yeah, it would probably get harder and harder to get into the more complicated levels...

Also, the moveset really doesn't survive contact with the enemy. Since Strangelove has so few ways to directly attack the enemy (outside of suicide), it's much easier for opponents to try to pressure Strangelove than you let on. Even with the threat of missiles, which take a while to get up anyways, no opponent is going to let you activate these chain reactions you seem to keep talking about like you expect them to. Certainly, you have ways to dissuade opponents, but if I was playing against Dr. Strangelove, I certainly wouldn't behave like he wants me to.
I was worried he was overpowered, actually... I actually thought about making up some imputs that would give him some more direct means of fighting, but I decided in the end to stick with what Smash gave us - I since regret not giving Dead Hand a dash.

Don't get me wrong, I liked this moveset, think it's still brilliant, and actually liked the organization. The problem is that he's practically unapproachable with all of the options and bomb management abilities he has. The Doomsday Device already supplies a lot of playstyle, and if you had perhaps cut down on some of the extra effects like the Ftilt and Utilt, and gave him some better ways to force the opponent to stay back rather than just discourage them, this set would easily be my favorite of all time.

This was certainly ambitious though, and I think that, for what it is, it's excellent. It's a refreshing approach to a trap character, and I thoroughly enjoyed reading the set. Good job Wizzerd.
Well, I'm glad you like it anyway. Thanks for the read, meanie :bee:

Anyway, more to the point, I went ahead and previewed our good friend Strangelove up there, so I may as well take this opportunity to comment on him. Basically, the idea of the set is to tie up the stage with so many bomb threats that the opponent can't risk actually ATTACKING without setting them off; as everyone who's seen the movie (and that should be everybody :mad:) knows, this is absolutely spot on with it. It IS a bit odd to put all of this in the hands of Strangelove, who by rights is really just an advisor and not an arsonist, but since you're encapsulating the concept of the movie and not just the character, it's perfectly all right.
Glad you liked it so much! You're one of the MYMers I was mainly trying to appeal to given that I knew you would know the character, so I'm glad it was a hit with you.

So many interactions... basically the whole moveset is one tangled web, and it's pretty hard to decipher. Definitely a very complex set. That said, we can do with a bit of complexity now and then, get us thinking, and anyway it's somewhat hypocritical of people who liked Al and Ryuk to ever complain about overcomplexity. Strangelove's playstyle ends up being something that anyone could enjoy playing, something both unique and fitting. What more can one ask for?
Yeah, it's definitely rather complex, but... you're right that other sets were... comparison to Al and Ryuk? :bee:

Definitely an extraordinary set, Wiz. Although don't think I won't comment on Lucario Remix eventually. (crs)
:embarrass

And yeah, ignoring how erratic my use of it is:

Thanks a bunch. :cool:

[size=+3]Dr. Strangelove[/size]
The set looks very complicated as dm stated, though I almost think that his Side Special contradicts what is said in his Neutral Special about Dr. Strangelove not being able to set-off his own bomb. He could set-up his own bomb instantly with his Side Special, keeping in mind that fire attacks (Explosives too) detonate the bomb twice as quickly. I could be wrong however.

Im also not totally sure about this as well, but Strangelove doesn't seem to have many shown ways to KO apart from his Doomsday Device. Russian Roulette is hard to digest in that manner, if he can't potentially KO a foe without his big move, Doomsday Device isn't the most useful thing for winning. For all I care, he could KO his foe somehow, then keep spamming DD and setting it off with the Side Special for a instant match win. But he doesn't have much defence as dm stated, to be able to do that in the first place.

The set seemed hard to understand and a bit dull in color (It's perfectly understandable however for staying in character) overall. Though his playstyle is clearly something that is rather unique, and it's not the easiest thing to be able to just balance and give the man the essentials when you're trying to focus on his bombs and a whole load of other stuff. It's a fun set all and all and the concept of a Doomsday Device is very scary.
Thanks, Katapultar! Glad you liked it.

It's spelled "missile". (d)

I'll have something serious to say about Strangelove tomorrow afternoon. I'm too tired right now.
It's been fixed, sorry about the spellingzorgs.

Stangelove did manage to be a unique set, and becomes another frail old man reliant on a niche to get him through, though this is not at all bad.

While Kata points out some minor flaws, overall I feel this set is pretty top-notch.

Though I do have a qualm of my own: The Down Aerial.

You pointed out, yourself, that the Doomsday is not broken because you can't just wrack high damage then detonate, but the ease of the Down Aerial contradicts this. There is nothing terribly detrimental preventing this auto-detonation, as the lag speed and properties are similar to the Ice Climbers, which as I recall are easy to use.
The Down Aerial would take two uses to detonate the Doomsday Device theoretically, and as Frf points out below, staling would potentially make it three... anyway, I'll consider changing it anyway. Thanks for the praise.

Wiz and his magical pineapple scented notebook
-Oh noez a prop character. Either way I don't mind as long as it's in character.
-This organization is giving off a Romero vibe...
-Thank god you mentioned the wheelchair earlier.
-Yus!
-I wasn't aiming for that, but yeah, it's definitely a Romero throwback.
-lolyeah

-I've only read one move and you've already outdone dead hand and luccy.
-TYPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO*uses doomsday device on lamp*
-Good lord 2 specials and strangelove would be intimidating to play as and confusing as hell to play against.
-well to be honest i don't expect a guy in a freaking wheelchair to have that great of a recovery
-Alien hand is pretty neat, although a bit odd.
-Awesome!
-Sorries.
-Mission accomplished!
-Nope, he doesn't.
-Glad it worked out. I was trying to think of some sort of Smash interpretation of Strangelove's alien hand (which basically has a mind of its own in the movie). Didn't make total sense that it detonates bombs, but hey, I did what I could.

-Stockpile seems craaaazy useful. So many bombs. 0_0
-Up smash would be hilarious with some of the more innocent characters. XD Although it would be annoying if strangelove activated it again whenever it stopped.
-Bomb shelter is definitely a cool idea. Love the set so far.
-Indeed, I was aiming for lotsa bombs.
-Lolyeah. You're right on the second part, I guess.
-Thanks, it was one of my personal favorites. Glad you're enjoying it so far.

-The neutral aerial is *insert generic compliment*!
-The stale move effect in brawl would probably make the down air need three uses...
-Throws are confusing, but still neat how you implemented it.
-Playstyle was written sexily, although throws were barely, if ever mentioned....
-*insert generic response*
-Oops, I'll buff the damage.
-Glad it worked out, I was worried how the system would work out.
-I knew I would forget to mention something...

You've outdone yourself on this set, Wiz. The set is massive and has many onion-esque layers (god that was an awful analogy), which could be a good or bad thing depending on whose reading it. I think it's a great thing, but only because you handled it so well with an incredibly improved writing style and being able to implement Dr. Strangelove of all people into Smash bros. without a hitch. The only big complaint is how complicated it would be to actually, you know, PLAY as him without going through some video game training camp from hell. He would be bottom tier simply because no one would figure out how to play the doctor at a competitive level.

It was still a very purdy set though.
Onion's a perfect analogy, lol. As I said earlier, I was hoping that you could go as deep into Strangelove as you wanted, but apparently he's just a real enigma to play as. Admittedly, I was going more for relevance than playability here, but I still could have made him more playable. Anyway, glad you liked it so much, Frf!

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
@Dr. Strangelove: Real interesting set here! I feel like the mostly black and white scheme is appropriate. He's a really complex character, and each individual move is an interesting concept in its own right. I like the idea of a bomb-laying character that's kind of like Snake Lite (or Snake Heavy?). It feels like you were trying to cram in a lot of cool ideas, though. But let's talk about Doomsday Device. You say that you wouldn't want the Device to go off, but I feel like a Strangelove player could just focus on setting it off for each stock and leaving the whole match up to chance (as the KOs would be more or less random). I wish I could see this set in action to see how things would actually go down, because it's all really complicated and hard to imagine in a real fight. However, the whole concept is really awesome and you did a pretty good job with it. (However, I feel like his grab and throws are pretty...difficult to find a use for.) Overall though, it's a very creative set, Wiz! :bee:

Junahu

Smash Ace
Dr Strangelove: The idea of using fear to directly affect the other player's morale is something I really wanted to get to first, so.. gee thanks for beating me to this awesome concept.

[deletes all work on Jack Skellington]

As perfect as it is to read and digest and gawk at, there is still a horrible problem, and I can't believe people are still doing this after all the whinging I did; The only way the player would ever understand how to control Strangelove, is to read your moveset. Every move, every last one, behaves in a way a casual player would never understand.
The biggest and most blatant example of this is "Fail-Safe". No player in their right mind will even guess that it stops the Doomsday device (and ONLY the Doomsday device) from taking damage. And that's before the question of "what the heck is this doing on a tilt?".
Equally insane is "Neutrality", which just like the F-tilt, has no animation and no indication something has happened. Yes, of course it defies the point if the foe knows you're doing it, but neither is there a way for the Strangelove player to find out what that attack did (if anything. For all they know, he has no Neutral-Air whatsoever)
These illogical leaps of faith are the kind of nightmares old Text Adventure games were made of.

I do find it tragic, as the set and idea themselves are ingenius endearing pockets of brilliance. I just wish it was at all player friendly.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
@Dr. Strangelove: Real interesting set here! I feel like the mostly black and white scheme is appropriate. He's a really complex character, and each individual move is an interesting concept in its own right. I like the idea of a bomb-laying character that's kind of like Snake Lite (or Snake Heavy?). It feels like you were trying to cram in a lot of cool ideas, though. But let's talk about Doomsday Device. You say that you wouldn't want the Device to go off, but I feel like a Strangelove player could just focus on setting it off for each stock and leaving the whole match up to chance (as the KOs would be more or less random). I wish I could see this set in action to see how things would actually go down, because it's all really complicated and hard to imagine in a real fight. However, the whole concept is really awesome and you did a pretty good job with it. (However, I feel like his grab and throws are pretty...difficult to find a use for.) Overall though, it's a very creative set, Wiz! :bee:
Glad you liked it, fil! Glad you liked the dull color scheme, it's sort of a throwback to old black and white films. Yeah, I'll admit there are a lot of things going on at once. You're definitely right about it being possible to just try and activate it each stock, but the opponent could try and do so as well (and it would be easier for them since they can use any attack as opposed to Strangelove having only one way in Down Aerial). It's sort of an equalizer, I guess... I'm sure there are a lot of ramifications to him that I haven't though of, and yeah, I'd love to see him actually played to see how they work out. Yeah, the grab and throws are a little... trippy, but I got the idea out of nowhere and I felt like I had to implement it. Thanks for the thoughts, fil.

Dr Strangelove: The idea of using fear to directly affect the other player's morale is something I really wanted to get to first, so.. gee thanks for beating me to this awesome concept.

[deletes all work on Jack Skellington]
:embarrass

As perfect as it is to read and digest and gawk at, there is still a horrible problem, and I can't believe people are still doing this after all the whinging I did; The only way the player would ever understand how to control Strangelove, is to read your moveset. Every move, every last one, behaves in a way a casual player would never understand.
The biggest and most blatant example of this is "Fail-Safe". No player in their right mind will even guess that it stops the Doomsday device (and ONLY the Doomsday device) from taking damage. And that's before the question of "what the heck is this doing on a tilt?".
Equally insane is "Neutrality", which just like the F-tilt, has no animation and no indication something has happened. Yes, of course it defies the point if the foe knows you're doing it, but neither is there a way for the Strangelove player to find out what that attack did (if anything. For all they know, he has no Neutral-Air whatsoever)
These illogical leaps of faith are the kind of nightmares old Text Adventure games were made of.

I do find it tragic, as the set and idea themselves are ingenius endearing pockets of brilliance. I just wish it was at all player friendly.
:urg:

I sort of want to call you out since this is a problem in a lot of movesets... but yeah, this is a very bad example of it. He'd definitely be very, very difficult to play as... but this moveset is very much theoretical, the more I think about it. Then again, he probably should be more of a curiosity. I'm glad you pointed this out, I'll try and see what I can do to fix it that isn't too forced.

I'm glad you liked it anyway (didn't you? It seems like it from you calling it ingenious and endearing), and I'll try and fix this.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
so...i want to dissect strangelove the same as i did to axel, but it seems to have gotten a lot of commentary, and a few from the previous (40-ppp) page got very little... </3 dilemmas

but...i was under the assumption that mym was much more about imagination and making a character interesting than making it practical (outside of the creator assuring us that the character is "balanced"). I agree strangelove is really bad in that regard, but hes far from the only one. What noob would be prepared for drifblim's reverse gravity mechsnics, or bubbles+'s (sorry, i cant remember the actual name now :() wing road? just about every character here has something completely unintuitive about them, so lobbing this complaint at strangelove seems...odd, to me

unless im not really understanding what youre saying...

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
but...i was under the assumption that mym was much more about imagination and making a character interesting than making it practical (outside of the creator assuring us that the character is "balanced"). I agree strangelove is really bad in that regard, but hes far from the only one. What noob would be prepared for drifblim's reverse gravity mechsnics, or bubbles+'s (sorry, i cant remember the actual name now :() wing road? just about every character here has something completely unintuitive about them, so lobbing this complaint at strangelove seems...odd, to me

unless im not really understanding what youre saying...
I think Juna was getting at the fact that there is no possible way to understand Strangelove unless you read the moveset. With Drifblim and Subaru (bubble+), you'd catch on quickly enough for it not to be a problem - you'd understand that they were different, and learn how to work that to your advantage. With Strangelove, it's so utterly complicated and flat out ******** that reading the moveset is the only way for you to understand it, and even then, it is far too confusing.

And this is why I hate Strangelove. No matter how complex, deep, or cool the idea is, we're still making movesets for Smash Brothers. Yes, we push it very often here, but in some twisted away, nearly all of the sets could still plausibly forced into Smash Bros. But... There is no possible way for Strangelove to every work because he is just too confusing. The moveset fails because there is no possible way it could work where it needs to work. It's overcomplicated - being deep isn't bad... but being so deep that we're going to need either Stephen Hawking or a computer to play him correctly and LEARN exactly what the **** his moves do is a huge problem. Hell, I'm still a bit confused even after having read the moveset.

*Insert Ocon's Seal of Sukapon-Level Failure here*

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
The only way the player would ever understand how to control Strangelove, is to read your moveset. Every move, every last one, behaves in a way a casual player would never understand.
The same thing could be said about Cutesy.

goldwyvern

Smash Ace
STRANGELOVE: Complicated. Amazing. Romero comparisons. i really liked how the Neutrality did mor edamage up close like a real one. olololololo. Movie set. I really liked how you pulled off so much insanity into a moveset and kept not too much more confusing than Arche and Romero. Never saw that dere movie, but I think that like Subaru, ou liken the reader into the information they need to know early on, and then add more information on top of that once its understood. I agree that Nair is random, FTilt is confusing, and grabs are completely unruly and take 2-3 read s to understand, its still as easy to digest as Christmas Dinner. good work, Wiz. Certanly my favorite set of yours.

Wait... I just realized what similarities the set has to MW's MYM4 Joker set, especially with the explosives abound and the jacket playing a part and being a MOVIE CHARACTER. WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIZ! WHY SO STRANGE? (D). Even with the unique Pummel mechanic... Dammit Wiz! (DHAT) for Christmas Spirit.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
I think Juna was getting at the fact that there is no possible way to understand Strangelove unless you read the moveset. With Drifblim and Subaru (bubble+), you'd catch on quickly enough for it not to be a problem - you'd understand that they were different, and learn how to work that to your advantage. With Strangelove, it's so utterly complicated and flat out ******** that reading the moveset is the only way for you to understand it, and even then, it is far too confusing.

And this is why I hate Strangelove. No matter how complex, deep, or cool the idea is, we're still making movesets for Smash Brothers. Yes, we push it very often here, but in some twisted away, nearly all of the sets could still plausibly forced into Smash Bros. But... There is no possible way for Strangelove to every work because he is just too confusing. The moveset fails because there is no possible way it could work where it needs to work. It's overcomplicated - being deep isn't bad... but being so deep that we're going to need either Stephen Hawking or a computer to play him correctly and LEARN exactly what the **** his moves do is a huge problem. Hell, I'm still a bit confused even after having read the moveset.

*Insert Ocon's Seal of Sukapon-Level Failure here*
Geez, Ocon, why do we disagree so often? Again, I'm just going to say Al and Ryuk and leave it at that.

And anyway, a responsible Sakurai would clearly put in Character Tutorials to explain the individual attacks of a more complicated character like the good doctor, here. :bee:

The same thing could be said about Cutesy.
No! Certainly not! Cutesy's fundamentally a very simple moveset, with the distinctions between the petals and which attacks create which the only things a casual player would really need to mull over. Figuring out which petal does what would be a simple matter of playing a few training matches, which is pretty separate from Junahu's complaint here - invisible attacks that do mysterious things with no visual indicator are quite a different problem. It's a snag, I'll admit, but I forgive Strangelove it for his conceptual richness.

Good thing Warlord foresaw the whole problem and made Lucy's attacks potentially visible, just for the sake of training.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
DR. STRANGELOVE
Ocon
An excellent take on the typical trap character. The chain reactions part on it’s own could’ve made for a spectacular moveset, but what you have here with the Doomsday Device is much more deep. It emulates the psychological warfare from the Cold War so well it’s not even funny. A bomb nobody wants to go off. . .While you might not even use it, you want it there just for the constant threat of it and how it forces foes to dance around the field, struggling to approach. Hell, once they get to him even hitting him at all is a gamble. Strangelove is pretty badly countered by defensive characters seeing he assumes so much that the foe wants to approach. . .That’s not a balance, he’s more completely unequipped to deal with those characters is the problem.
Fails
I don’t find Strangelove particularly more complicated then any of the other MYM sets we have. Lucy has a higher learning curve and is much more impossible to just pick up and use casually. Nothing wrong with Strangelove in this regard. As for the moveset itself being somewhat difficult to understand, it flows perfectly fine for me outside that awkward grab-game which even I don’t understand that well. I also find it rather pointless considering you already have the Down Special which is very similar and the grab also steals elements from the uair. . .
Hard
But anyway, that’s all for complaints, really. Dunno why I went so negative considering how much I love this set. Just running out of good adjectivies to describe good sets, I spose. All the attacks are amazingly creative (Granted with some tilts having tacked on effects) in a good way, and actual thought *shudder* is required in laying your traps so that they can perform chain reactions. That alone is such a simple yet brilliant concept that I’d really like to see expanded upon, and the Doomsday Device only escalates things. Playing against this guy in it’s entirety is a gigantic mind game. Regardless of him not being overpowered, I’d see this guy as being incredibly intimidating (In a fun way) to play against.

No! Certainly not! Cutesy's fundamentally a very simple moveset, with the distinctions between the petals and which attacks create which the only things a casual player would really need to mull over. Figuring out which petal does what would be a simple matter of playing a few training matches, which is pretty separate from Junahu's complaint here - invisible attacks that do mysterious things with no visual indicator are quite a different problem. It's a snag, I'll admit, but I forgive Strangelove it for his conceptual richness.
Cutesy is the single most complicated moveset in the history of MYM.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
You fail harder, jerk :mad:

But yeah, my big problem with this set was how unsmash it was. That should be expected from me by now ;_;

SixrchBattosai

Banned via Warnings
Xamlues - My first moveset in a while

Xamlues - The Heated Earth

Statistics

Range|8
Power|7
Fall Speed|6
Size|7
Priority|6
Traction|8
Recovery|7
Weight|7
Attack Speed|8
Movement|6

Backstory

As a human, Xamlues was named Samuel. He was a soldier in the Hollow Bastion Military. He was trained as any other soldier. Although, he showed proficiency in close combat. His main hobby was sparring with the other soldiers. He was sent on search-and-destroy missions due to his lack of firearm skill. Nevertheless, he used his extensive knowledge of the human body to take advantage of his adversaries' pressure points, which made for a good interrogation tactic. Samuel had thought he'd see everything, as he had seen many different kinds of criminals, but when he came upon a strange shadow creature with glowing yellow eyes, he knew this was the end of his time. This was the last thought to enter his mind, as the creature lunged at him and stuck its claws through his chest and tore a pink, heart-shaped gem out of Samuel's chest. The gem floated up, up, up, and disappeared in a small, purple cloud. Samuel's eyes went cold and icy and he disappeared. He awoke in front of a large mansion's gates as a man with silver hair and amber eyes, wearing a black robe came up to him and gave him a new name-Xamlues.

Element: Magma

As a simple twist, I put multiple elements together to make a new one. This will be the case for all of my Organization XIII OC's. The elements I used to make Magma were Fire and Earth. This element creates some interesting situations. For instance, if a bomb item explodes near Xamlues, he can control the flames and meld them with rock from the stage. But, if Xamlues were on a stage that had little to no rock, Xamlues becomes useless, save for his hand-to-hand combat skills, which seemed to have transferred over to his Nobody form.

Gimmicks

Y-Combo: Xamlues can initiate special combos after pressing the A button a certain number of times during standard techniques by pressing the Y Button when a small "Y" appears next to his name on the bottom of the screen. These techniques are the same each time and continue until Xamlues uses a finishing move.

Earth Reliance: As previously mentioned, Xamlues needs to be on a ground-based stage. If he's not, he has no special abilities. He has to depend entirely on close combat.

Friendly Fire: Any fire attacks heal Xamlues depending on the intensity. For instance, a fire ball would heal Xamlues by 3%, Ike's fire sword at highest charge would heal 50%, and a bob-omb would heal about 60%.

Specials

Upwards Special .../\°/\... Magma Fountain
Xamlues starts a large fire and controls the resulting magma and creates an upwards spray of molten rock. Depending on the charge, the spray can range from miniature to massive. The longer the charge, the more powerful the attack. The least damage this attack does is 3%. If B is continually pressed, the spray continues, becoming a literal fountain of magma. The move's priority is above average, the knockback is minimal, and it causes 3% per hit, dealing up to 18% if B is pressed the maximum number of times. The move has a lot of start lag, but minimal end lag. This move can be used as a recovery technique in mid-air. If this is used in the air, Xamlues can spray magma downwards to force himself upwards through the air and back onto the stage, as he detests using the corridors of darkness.

Neutral Special .../\°/\... Magma Bullets
Xamlues melts several small rocks with intense heat and levitates off the ground slightly and spins around 3 times, shooting the little balls of magma at his opponents at high speeds. Depending on the charge, this move can do anywhere from 5% to 15%. The speed that the magma flies at is also relative to the length of the charge. The starting lag and ending lag are noticeable. The priority is equal to a similar projectile (i.e. Fireball) and randomly will "ignite" the victim, setting them on fire to slowly up their percentage, 3% a second. This move also has the option of being aimed in a certain direction. As a gimmick of sorts, if the magma balls do not hit any character, they become small rocks that one can pick up and throw for 4% each hit.

Left/Right Special .../\°/\... Magma Wave
Xamlues digs his fingers into the earth and creates a small pool of magma. Then, he turns it into a small wave and sends it forward. If any character is caught in the initial wave, they are carried by it, receiving constant damage, resulting in about 15 or 16% when the wave disappears. The starting lag is awful, but the ending lag is minimal, however, Xamlues is left vulnerable to attacks from behind as the move begins. The priority is higher than that of a fireball and there is virtually no knockback, as the characters stuck in the wave simply hit the ground when the wave ends. This move does nothing mid-air. If the wave reaches the end of a stage, it drips off the side of the stage, leaving the characters stuck in it to recover.
Downwards Special .../\°/\... Eruption
Xamlues slams his palms on the ground and creates a series of small eruptions in a circle around him. The beginning lag is horrendous, as is the ending lag, but it's worth it as any character caught in an eruption is thrown backwards and is ignited. As an added bonus, this is a shielding move as well. If a projectile is shot at Xamlues and hits the magma, it is disintegrated. The move deals anywhere from 6% at lowest charge to 17% at highest charge. This is one of Xamlues's best moves overall. If the move is used mid-air, he shoots streams of magma downwards or in any direction, as another recovery technique. As an added hazard to other players, the streams are meteor smashes. If Xamlues uses this technique above another character, they are pushed downwards by the flow.

Standards and Tilts

Simple Standard .../\°/\... Simple Punch
Xamlues simply punches the character in front of him. It's the most basic move in anyone's repertoire. It deals 3%, extremely low knockback, holds the same priority as any simple standard move, and leads into a standard combo. Oddly enough, it leads into a Y-Combo as well. Xamlues punches the character then sends out two bursts of magma then gut kicks the victim. The combo deals 3%, 2%, 2%, and 5%, respectively, leading to a total of 12%. The final blow deals medium knockback.

Simple Standard Combo .../\°/\... Simple Smash Combo
Xamlues begins with the Simple Punch then begins to use the techniques he learned in the military, making this a more dangerous combo. He punches the character then grabs them around the neck with one hand and slams them against the ground. The combo deals 3% and 7% respectively. The slam deals heavy vertical knockback and if a character is standing next to Xamlues, they will be dealt 5% by being hit with the main victim.

Upwards Tilt .../\°/\...Molten Punch
Xamlues covers his hand in magma and punches upwards. Any character hit by the punch will receive medium knockback and 8% fire damage. Like most tilts, a very basic attack. It holds about as much priority as a fire ball and a punch combined. Unlike most tilts, however, this has some start lag.

Side Standard/Smash .../\°/\... Magma Slab
Xamlues pulls a thick, rectangular rock out of the ground and makes it into a thick, syrupy magma. He then punches it, creating a large burst of magma. It has a wide range, similar to the Magma Fountain. The move deals around 15%. If used in midair, the magma burst, if not hitting any characters, becomes an aesthetic rain of pebbles.

Side Tilt .../\°/\... Burning Gut Punch
Xamlues covers his fist with cooled magma and gut punches the character in front of him. The move has minimal start and end lag, but has terrible range. It has a jointed hitbox, which makes this part of his close-combat repertoire. It deals 8% with no knockback and the same priority as the Molten Punch He learned how to correctly stun an enemy with a gut punch in the military by paying attention to pressure point placement. With that, this move stuns the victim for several seconds, leaving them vulnerable to a Y-Combo. After the gut punch, Xamlues dropkicks the opponent and then shoots 3 magma balls at the downed victim. The follow up moves deal 5% and 2% per magma ball, respectively.

Downwards Standard/Smash/Tilt .../\°/\... Magma Spikes
Similarly to Xamlues' Eruption, he slams his palms down onto the ground, but instead of pillars of flowing magma, there is magma solidified into the shape of large spikes in front of, behind, and on either side of Xamlues. The move deals around 10% at full charge and medium knockback. It holds the regular priority of his magma moves and is a great defense maneuver.

Aerials

Neutrial Aerial .../\°/\... Magma Funnel
Xamlues spins multiple times as a small funnel of molten rock surrounds him, dealing multiple 3% hits and minimal knockback. The good news for opponents of Xamlues is that he goes into his helpless state after he uses this move, making it impossible to spam. The priority is the same as his purely non-physical moves. It's one of his last resort moves, so use it sparingly.

Forward Aerial .../\°/\... Magma Claw

Xamlues covers his fingers with magma in the shape of claws and swipes forward. This move deals 8% fire damage and medium-heavy downward knockback. It has low range, having a jointed hitbox and the same priority as any other magma+physical technique. It's a very basic move, so there's really not much to say.

Backwards Aerial .../\°/\... Magma Spike Shot
Xamlues creates long, thin, circular spikes on his back and shoots them, dealing 9-10% fire/cutting damage and creating weak vertical knockback. If the spikes hit a solid platform, they will stick and drip magma onto the ground. Any character that steps on the magma will receive 5% fire damage.

Downwards Aerial .../\°/\... Military Stomp
Xamlues will stretch both legs out and push himself downward with a small, non-deadly burst of magma. He will hit the ground with a "BOOM" and any character Xamlues lands on will recieve 10% and high knockback. If Xamlues hits a character on the way down, they recieve only 5% and medium knockback. Beware of using this move off-stage. You will continue falling until you either hit ground or get KO'ed.

Situationals

Cliffhanger 1 .../\°/\... Rising Jaw-Breaker
Xamlues gets back up on the stage and quickly punches the closest character across the jaw, dealing 6% and medium knockback. It's a simple attack, having the same priority as any punching attack and low range, as it has a jointed hitbox.

Cliffhanger 2 .../\°/\... Magma Flip
Xamlues creates a push of magma under his feet and propels himself back onto the stage. This is just an aesthetic move and doesn't do any damage. Never the less, it leads into the opportunity to use Aerial moves.

Tripped Attack .../\°/\... "Accidental" Trap
Xamlues gets up and creates a puddle of magma where he fell. Any character that steps in the puddle will receive 5% fire damage and low knockback. It's a joke of sorts, similar to the banana peel, except that this does damage.

Get Up Attack Front .../\°/\... Leg-Sweep
Xamlues balances himself on his hands and swings his legs around like a breakdancer, dealing 6% and low knockback to any character that he hits. It's relatively simple.

Get Up Attack Back .../\°/\... Handstand Slam
Xamlues stands up on his hands then jumps backwards off of his hands. If he hits any character, they are dealt 7% and medium knockback. This, as well as the Front Get Up Attack are very simple and don't really need more explanation.

Grab and Throws

Grab .../\°/\... Magma Prison
Xamlues grabs an opponent and wraps them in magma. There is no designated Pummel, as the magma deals 2% every couple of seconds.

Forward Throw .../\°/\... Burning Up
Xamlues adds 2 layers of magma to the existing one and then kicks the victim out of the cocoon of magma. Each layer of magma deals 4%, leading up to 8% and the kick deals 4% and medium knockback, adding up to 12%.

Upward Throw .../\°/\... Rocket Launch
Xamlues wraps the victim in magma up to their waist and then wraps his own fist in magma and then uppercuts the victim, dealing 9% and medium vertical knockback.

Backward Throw .../\°/\... Magma Hammer Throw
Xamlues wraps the victim's entire body in magma and then swings the cocoon around by a single thick strand of magma in one hand then lets it go behind him. The magma deals 5%, the swinging deals 3% and the throw deals 5%, adding up to 13% with high knockback.

Downward Throw .../\°/\... Walking on Molten Body
Xamlues creates a large amount of magma beneath him and throws the victim down into the magma and then walks on them from their head to their feet and then gets off while the magma disappears. Overall, the move deals 15% with no knockback because the character is lying on the ground.

Extras

Entrance

Xamlues enters from a Corridor of Darkness and says, "I hate that thing."

Win/Loss Poses

Win Pose 1
Xamlues sits on a throne of cooled magma, looking extremely bored.
Win Pose 2
Xamlues sits cross-legged and fiddles with some small pebbles.
Win Pose 3
Xamlues is the only character on screen, looking at the screen with a sadistic smirk. In the places of the other fighters are piles of ashes.

Music
The Other Promise
Destati
Dearly Beloved

Taunts
Conceited Laugh
Xamlues chuckles and says, "Get out of the kitchen. You won't be able to stand the heat."
Murderous Intentions
Xamlues looks as if he's in thought, then looks at the screen with a malicious stare.
Dangerous Foreboding
Xamlues says, "Remember 79 A.D.?" while looking at the camera with a somewhat evil smirk.

Final Smash - Wrath of Vulcan

You'd better find a magma-proof shelter! Xamlues has the Smash Ball! Xamlues's eyes turn fiery as he floats to the background and prepares to unleash his most powerful move. He yells to the heavens, "Vulcan! God of Fire, I offer these 3 mortals as a sacrifice in return for a volcanic eruption," then disappears into the background. Afterwards, a large volcano surfaces from the bottom of the screen. Then, as the background is tinted red-orange, the volcano erupts, sending boulders, magma, soot, and smoke upward. The boulders fall back down, dealing 40% to anyone they hit. The magma comes second, dealing 100% to the characters onstage. Lastly comes the soot which blankets the whole mess, and all characters stuck in the Final Smash suffocate beneath the soot, magma, and rock. Obviously, this is based upon the 79 A.D. eruption of Mt. Vesuvius. This was the first thing that came to mind for a Final Smash, so I decided to do it. Tell me what you think of this idea and if I should make other Final Smashes based on major natural disasters.

Playstyle
Xamlues has a lot of gimmicks, not just in the section, but overall. It makes him seem like a technical character. And, the more technical a character is, the more analytical the other players have to be. Xamlues, as a technical character, has a lot of ways to confuse players. He's a very confusing character to play as at first, but once you get used to the amount of mindgames he can play, he becomes easier to control. Also, it would be best to make sure that you force other players to use fire moves being that fire heals Xamlues. You have to be careful when using certain moves of his. They will lead to almost certain doom. They were explained in the moveset, so if you don't understand/remember why, please go look back.

Okay, that was probably the best set that I've ever made. Please comment, suggest improvements for, etc. By the way, I'm not entirely sure how a playstyle type is determined. If someone were to help me with that, I would be greatly appreciative. Thanks for reading!

Oh, and props to Khold for the layout! You are awesome, Khold!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom