• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EXTENNNDUURRRRRR (samus gen. disc.)

What are your favorite moves?

• Total voters

Tyserification

Smash Lord
I take it you understand the concept already so after that it's just all about practice.

After you shoot the first missle, wait until Samus goes back into her regular falling animation and then shoot another strong missle. That's how I do it at least. It's just about practice, do whatever you like best.

If Im on a stage like Yoshi's and Stadium then I use X since it only requires a short hop.
If Im on Dreamland, Battlefield or somewhere with high platforms, Ill use X to jump and then I hit up on the control stick at almost the same time to double jump as fast as possible then shoot the missle and then drop and do more missles/moves accordingly.

Rat

Smash Lord
Here some frames! (I check with AR)

Uair Landing from edge:
Standing Invicibility Frames:

Wavelanding from edge:
Standing Invicibility Frames:

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
I take it you understand the concept already so after that it's just all about practice.

After you shoot the first missle, wait until Samus goes back into her regular falling animation and then shoot another strong missle. That's how I do it at least. It's just about practice, do whatever you like best.

If Im on a stage like Yoshi's and Stadium then I use X since it only requires a short hop.
If Im on Dreamland, Battlefield or somewhere with high platforms, Ill use X to jump and then I hit up on the control stick at almost the same time to double jump as fast as possible then shoot the missle and then drop and do more missles/moves accordingly.
Thanks! I just need some practice.

4% APR

Smash Champion
sooo ij ust got done playing wattys samus and i have to say by far that it is better than any samus ive ever seen or played against besides hugs. he is jsut so smooth and precise with his movements he is hugs on crack with the momevemtn but yeat doesnt make mistakes like hugs.

if u could compare wattys samus to any real life person i would definetly have to say that he is like Sinatra. Orrrr Justin Timberlake.

SPROOOSH GOOSE MOTHER FUCKERS

edgeluca

Smash Lord
NNID
Edgeluca
3DS FC
2879-0257-1267
sooo ij ust got done playing wattys samus and i have to say by far that it is better than any samus ive ever seen or played against besides hugs. he is jsut so smooth and precise with his movements he is hugs on crack with the momevemtn but yeat doesnt make mistakes like hugs.

if u could compare wattys samus to any real life person i would definetly have to say that he is like Sinatra. Orrrr Justin Timberlake.

I dunno... I still like IHSB the most =D

4% APR

Smash Champion

that was watty posting. I would have let it go if it wasnt for the typos haha

but i do love his samus

Rat

Smash Lord
Here's some more AR related shenanigans.

The Z/Light shield Edgeguard on Marth:
So this doesn't work with Samus. This is because she tumbles when pushed off facing backwards. But, when facing forward there is no tumbling.

I did some quick testing and it is possible to be pushed off by Marth's upB and Nair (Fair/Uair) before he grabs the ledge.

I'm not sure how impossible this is in practice. It might work because when you Z shield you can press A without grabbing. So, in theory, you could Z shield by the edge, press A as fast as possible and Nair marth before he grabs the ledge.

I'll test this out some more tomorrow when I actually play someone.

****hm.... I wonder if you could tech being pushed off backwards. More testing!***

Pi

Smash Hero
I'll give the light shield trick a try
I'll probably use bair
although it would seem all those options would allow for a tech on marth's part in which case it might put you in a bad position.

Also, placed poorly at winterfest, definitely feel that I could have won the matches I lost

ESAM was tearing it up like a boss though

4 stocked me in samus ditto's wat?
i'm so bad at ditto's

Pi

Smash Hero
How did ESAM place? I saw that he wasn't in the top 7, but still heard he was beasting.
if he doesn't make it into this thread before brackets get posted i'll post em
but atm idk
saw him put the hurtin on some shiek

i keep getting reminded that i need to crouch cancel...

Rat

Smash Lord
although it would seem all those options would allow for a tech on marth's part in which case it might put you in a bad position.
yeah I get geeked out over this game and don't think about the downsides. =(

Pi

Smash Hero
yeah I get geeked out over this game and don't think about the downsides. =(
i'll fool around with bair since it's pretty fast to hit and recover from
might even get em to jump tech and kill themselves jajaja.

could i get some tips on the sheik matchup?
such a change of pace having a character who's grabs i need to fear
maybe some habits a lot of shieks might have, things to look for

Rat

Smash Lord
Ok so I tested the lightshield thing and it works...well sort of. It's hard to do.

On the upside, sometimes it does that one thing where you Nair someone on a platform and you don't fall through. So it looks like you shieled the upB but then somehow Nair'd Marth. I'll have to keep practicing it.

Also something else I don't see other samus' do. Grapple invincibility refresh. Basically during the initial few frames of the air grapple (before it comes out) samus can regrab the edge. You only get to do it once, but it's neato. I'm going to try it against shieks that throw a needle to get you off the edge.

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
^^

do you mean that thing where you're close to the edge, you grapple, and it looks like you burn yourself, but instead you grab the edge?

i love doing that :D

how is it invincible though?

Pi

Smash Hero
^^

do you mean that thing where you're close to the edge, you grapple, and it looks like you burn yourself, but instead you grab the edge?

i love doing that :D

how is it invincible though?
maybe he means grab ledge
drop
airdodge
grapple-regrab
to refresh your invincibility

i also got a chance to test that light shield thing
was able to hit my marth friends with bair
we juss tested a few times at low %
never got it to stage spike them cause they weren't sweet spotting
so it juss ended up bairing them on the stage
nair was hard for me to get in a few tries so i stopped and we juss started playing

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
maybe he means grab ledge
drop
airdodge
grapple-regrab
to refresh your invincibility

i also got a chance to test that light shield thing
was able to hit my marth friends with bair
we juss tested a few times at low %
never got it to stage spike them cause they weren't sweet spotting
so it juss ended up bairing them on the stage
nair was hard for me to get in a few tries so i stopped and we juss started playing
I've been trying to find uses lately for, instead of just wding off to edgehog, wd off -> immediate grapple. You can then wait around and pull yourself up whenever. Don't mistime it though, or you'll get gimped pretty hard.

And I've thought about finding uses for lightshield -> fall off forwards ever since I saw M2K dash attack the ledge -> lightshield -> fall off dair. So freaking sexy, but I don't think Samus will ever have any practical uses for it. Also I've had Chops light shield on a platform -> I attack his shield -> he falls off and bairs me, but I don't think this would work for Samus because her bair is too slow. It doesn't help that you need other people to practice this sort of thing with, and of course any time you play with other people to test something out, it doesn't take too long before you're like "**** this let's play" and forget all about it XD

4% APR

Smash Champion
Here's some more AR related shenanigans.

The Z/Light shield Edgeguard on Marth:
So this doesn't work with Samus. This is because she tumbles when pushed off facing backwards. But, when facing forward there is no tumbling.

I did some quick testing and it is possible to be pushed off by Marth's upB and Nair (Fair/Uair) before he grabs the ledge.

I'm not sure how impossible this is in practice. It might work because when you Z shield you can press A without grabbing. So, in theory, you could Z shield by the edge, press A as fast as possible and Nair marth before he grabs the ledge.

I'll test this out some more tomorrow when I actually play someone.

****hm.... I wonder if you could tech being pushed off backwards. More testing!***
I'm pretty sure you can grab the edge if you fast fall

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
or you have a **** friend like mine who will not listen and just say "nah let's just play come on let's play come on come on come on nah let's just play come on come on"

Pi

Smash Hero
i had my friend over yesterday and i told him to practice his double lasers off the edge as falco because his first laser was going over platforms on stages, when i was standing on the ground

so he practiced that like 4 times

then started trying to do something he saw mango do that he thought was cool...

Pi

Smash Hero
Samus players are sexy.
quite right sir.

Also were you guys aware that you can lay a bomb
CC out of it
taunt
and get the beep out right before it explodes?

also
at winterfest
i got asked if I was phanna and IHSB
jajaja.
must be doing something right
even if it's juss the flash
said 'no, i'm juss kniht'
lol

also bump:
could i get some tips on the sheik matchup?
such a change of pace having a character who's grabs i need to fear
maybe some habits a lot of shieks might have, things to look for

rayecho

Smash Ace
I've been playing around with wave bombing(whatever its called) on shields and i was wondering what you men or women thought of it.

I usually lay a bomb to get behind my opponent to get out of shield grab range. It gives me the option of landing on whatever side there shield isn't protecting =D which is an easy punish with a tilt of up B. The bomb also destroys the shield making it easier to shield stab with something stupid.

The down side to this is that you have to get really close, easily shield grabbed if your not careful. Jab to get in and lay the bomb. If anyone has any suggestions or thoughts, "get at the kid" haha

Pi

Smash Hero
I've been playing around with wave bombing(whatever its called) on shields and i was wondering what you men or women thought of it.

I usually lay a bomb to get behind my opponent to get out of shield grab range. It gives me the option of landing on whatever side there shield isn't protecting =D which is an easy punish with a tilt of up B. The bomb also destroys the shield making it easier to shield stab with something stupid.

The down side to this is that you have to get really close, easily shield grabbed if your not careful. Jab to get in and lay the bomb. If anyone has any suggestions or thoughts, "get at the kid" haha
I've been playing around with this myself, but keep forgetting to implement it into my gameplay.

It's actually quite easy to perform, so Idk why I haven't been using it yet, I'm definitely going to try to work it in some how, I've been thinking predict a roll on a platform -> waveland off -> DJ fair/uair. It'll go through their shield I'm sure.

I bomb my friends shield every now and again, get off 2/3, first 2 explode, 3rd kinda hovers. I've broken his shield this way a few times. But that's usually the only time I'm reminded of it is when his shield is kinda diminished.

Winterfest Results:
Melee Singles
1. Mango
2. HungryBox
3. Mew2King
4. Chaddd
5. DJ Nintendo
5. Jman
7. Scrach8
7. QDVS
9. ESAM
9. UUAA
9. Rice
9. Full Metal
13. Green Mario
13. G$
13. Linguini
13. Blea Gelo

I believe DJ went doc/samus/bowser? maybe some others but I'm not sure.

Side note
If you haven't seen/read this thread
Very invaluable lulz
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=259360
After which visit this thread; His response
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=259406

Tyserification

Smash Lord
I ended up getting 5th at the little tourney down here.
Shoulda placed better but I was tired, /johns.
I got one set recorded only that wont be up for a week or so :'(
Only good players who went was Dmac, JBM and Smeesh.
Dekline got 2nd though o.O

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
I've been playing around with this myself, but keep forgetting to implement it into my gameplay.

It's actually quite easy to perform, so Idk why I haven't been using it yet, I'm definitely going to try to work it in some how, I've been thinking predict a roll on a platform -> waveland off -> DJ fair/uair. It'll go through their shield I'm sure.

I bomb my friends shield every now and again, get off 2/3, first 2 explode, 3rd kinda hovers. I've broken his shield this way a few times. But that's usually the only time I'm reminded of it is when his shield is kinda diminished.

Winterfest Results:
Melee Singles
1. Mango
2. HungryBox
3. Mew2King
4. Chaddd
5. DJ Nintendo
5. Jman
7. Scrach8
7. QDVS
9. ESAM
9. UUAA
9. Rice
9. Full Metal
13. Green Mario
13. G$
13. Linguini
13. Blea Gelo

I believe DJ went doc/samus/bowser? maybe some others but I'm not sure.

Side note
If you haven't seen/read this thread
Very invaluable lulz
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=259360
After which visit this thread; His response
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=259406

HungryBox was being hungry that tourney. Anyways, I found that Mike Nasty (used to be from DBR) used bombs pretty well in his gameplay.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1UNwWyJCO4

Pi

Smash Hero
ESAM yelled at me for using too many bombs
said they were the worst attack
lol
and you can't really take a combo video for gameplay
phanna's all consist of SWDing like a beast
but when you watch his actual matches he might only get 1 effective SWD attack in a set

edit
nvm that was some pretty nasty ****
forgot about that video lol
faaaaaaack
might start spamming bombs now lol

Pi

Smash Hero
After watching that vid, what do you guys think about Upthrow>jump>bomb>Nair right after bomb 'splodes?
eh...?
It's just another option aside from nair, bair, dair, ball, uair, fair, missile, hell you could zap em if you want.

I guess if you really want them to go one way vs another you're better off not laying the bomb cause they could DI and end up over the stage rather than off it, but if you're just trying to rack up % without tech chasing/using your ball then it's a good option

I use it if I'm not trying to ball a fast faller, and they totally **** up their DI (rare)

Top Bottom