• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox v0.63d (bug fixes)

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Wave Kusanagi was too busy playing (better) games and not giving a **** to collapse!

No seriousness or harm intended. :3

ChaosofST

Smash Cadet
Hey I was wondering if anyone knew if sonic unleashed had the same kind of data that brawl has pac's and what not I'm planning on many different projects so if someone could tell me I would very much appreciate it

Untouch

Smash Master
Hey I was wondering if anyone knew if sonic unleashed had the same kind of data that brawl has pac's and what not I'm planning on many different projects so if someone could tell me I would very much appreciate it
I highly highly highly highly highly doubt it, was unleashed even for wii?

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I highly highly highly highly highly doubt it, was unleashed even for wii?
Now THAT'S funny. XD

Yeah it was. The watered down 100% ****ty version was anyways. If you wanted an actual game that was good, challenging and fun, you got the PS3/360 version. :3

humble

Smash Ace
Post the DL for some of those amazing edits bigshark before you get mugged! :O

The ZSS looks awesome, how did you manage to give her longer hair?

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
Okay, I see.

BTW, I'm still having trouble with moving the Ponytail. I'm messing with the Rotation and Translation in the Ponytail part of the Wait(1,2,3), and all it seems to do is put it in front of her. I even tried putting in negatives, and it just puts it in front of her.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
I have been trying to make/edit animations in stages, but I don't know why, when I edit only one position in a frame, and save, the internals of the animation file change radically. Then, if I change back that position in that frame, the new file only differs in one byte from the first edited one

Editing with brawlbox changes the whole animation file unless it was created/edited with it? Is there any reason to animations losing loop in stages when I edit them?

I would like to do some looped animation with rayquaza (standing) and other things (master hand going through stages), more than animations that have and end (this dead rayquaza)... Is this possible with 0.60c?

Please, anyone ^^U

n64billy

Smash Ace
Okay, I see.

BTW, I'm still having trouble with moving the Ponytail. I'm messing with the Rotation and Translation in the Ponytail part of the Wait(1,2,3), and all it seems to do is put it in front of her. I even tried putting in negatives, and it just puts it in front of her.
I had a quick try with this as well and I see what you mean. Perhaps this might not be possible?

Kryal

Smash Ace
Some bones are controlled differently by the physics engine and can be affected by wind and such. I don't know where this is stored, but it doesn't seem to be affected by the animation or model. Maybe in the action scripts somewhere?

KuroBit

Smash Apprentice
Just wondering Kryal, do you know why Sonic's scaling animations (Neutral A, F-Tilt, and F-Smash) don't work right in BrawlBox? He seems to use a different type of scaling.

Also, there seems to be different kinds of animation smoothing (Interpolations?) on different animations, such as the F-Zero stage's camera. When you try to edit it, it looses it's smooth movement.

EDIT:
I was told that I could preview the Model. Is this true? If so, how?
Right click the model and click "Preview".

God of Humility

Smash Journeyman
K, so I'm trying to model swap Link's boomerang and Clawshot for Toon Link's,

That's what I did and this is what happened:

The boomerang would be replaced but the texture (which I had replaced by Toon Link's one) would be al messed up and the boomerang wouldn't spin.

The hookshot would have messed up texture as well and the tip was hovering over his head. the colour also changed depending on the direction faced and other things as well.

Now, I am no expert on BrawlBox, so I know of no way to fix this. If you do, please tell, I'll try them.

Kryal

Smash Ace
Just wondering Kryal, do you know why Sonic's scaling animations (Neutral A, F-Tilt, and F-Smash) don't work right in BrawlBox? He seems to use a different type of scaling.

Also, there seems to be different kinds of animation smoothing (Interpolations?) on different animations, such as the F-Zero stage's camera. When you try to edit it, it looses it's smooth movement.

EDIT:

Right click the model and click "Preview".
Please, anyone ^^U
Yes, changing a bone animation causes the whole animation file to be rebuilt. This is because the frame data is stored in one big chunk, and if it changes all the references need re-linked.

Animations don't loose their 'loop' per-say, the flags get reset. They control the frame tangents (iterpolation). Most animations are fine with this but it may cause odd movement. This is a fairly new discovery, now that we have moved on to animations.

Power Marshall

Smash Journeyman
Hello Smashboards, it is mii: Power.

I have been on here before, as you can see in my previous posts of this topic.

I have seen the improvements on BrawlBox since my last posts here. Seems very good.

As well, I have improved much, so with that I bring you a hack I made using the latest version of BrawlBox v0.60C.
I present something interest to the eye. You've seen Bosses as stages, characters playable as stages. Now I bring you a trophy, and with this I ask: Do you remember her?

Now since Her Helmet is not straight as Final Destination is. It will be troublesome to use this stage . So I took the liberty to mark the edges and ledges so that you could know.

Also, since this is my first post back in awhile, I made a youtube video on it. Here.

This stage will be release tomorrow.
Merry ChristMas.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
That stage is sexy, in more ways than one. XD

Can't wait for the release. Awesome job Marshall. :3

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
This stage is already awesome, but it would be truly amazing if the edges matched her helmet better. By this I mean, either walls on both sides, or really steep floors on both sides. That would be crazy.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
To people wondering how he did it, he just put Midna's trophy on Final Destination and replaced the background with that effect from the Bridge of Eldin, then, he added the textures and voila. He also scaled her.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
Wrong, not possible. It doesn't work that way. Lucas' PK Fire is specific only to him. The only way you'd get it to fire would be while he is in the match too. The Super Scope Bullets are a common effect shared with everyone, thus why it's possible.
Wrong, it is possible. You can swap external GFX with BrawlBox, in the MotionEtc file.

bboynotbgirl

Smash Journeyman

Anybody wanna help me clean this up? I feel like making Final Destination not suck.
Amazing! Now if you replaced the AC models with character trophies on that stage, it would look pretty sexy, you know if it was possible =P

herof time

Smash Rookie
If you've managed to import baby Sheegoth's into the game, not to mention the fact that it already exists as a trophy, I think it is time for me to make one request:

Metroid Prime Samus

DO IT NAO FOR DEVINE JUSTICE

/end noobish-statement-which-probably-does-not-acklowledge-the-difficulty-in-this-task

Menergy125

Smash Cadet
i'm still looking for help on this. i want to use the background from the level 1 target test stage, but the stage itself is part of the same modeldata as the background. what do i need to remove so that i just get the background, or if i can at least make it invisible?

also, i replaced battlefield's main platform with final destination's, but the ledges are a bit shorter. how can i fix that without getting rid of battlefield's 3 fall-through platforms? i don't want to replace the miscdata 2 and 10 because i would just go through them.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
If you've managed to import baby Sheegoth's into the game, not to mention the fact that it already exists as a trophy, I think it is time for me to make one request:

Metroid Prime Samus

DO IT NAO FOR DEVINE JUSTICE

/end noobish-statement-which-probably-does-not-acklowledge-the-difficulty-in-this-task
The Sheegoth model you see is the trophy. Sorry to spill that little secrect(which for some reason was so obvious yet no one got it), BigShark. :p

So...we can't import models yet. Just swaps.:urg:

Power Marshall

Smash Journeyman
To people wondering how he did it, he just put Midna's trophy on Final Destination and replaced the background with that effect from the Bridge of Eldin, then, he added the textures and voila. He also scaled her.
Exactly right, but one important part: position.

I wish it was that easy to just swap and plot, but no. This stage altogether took mii 2 and a half days to complete, and yet it is not complete without matching ledges. I did not know all the praise or happiness this stage would get, heh.

I am sorry for making you explain all what I did, If I had known, I would have done it in my post.

KuroBit

Smash Apprentice
i'm still looking for help on this. i want to use the background from the level 1 target test stage, but the stage itself is part of the same modeldata as the background. what do i need to remove so that i just get the background, or if i can at least make it invisible?

also, i replaced battlefield's main platform with final destination's, but the ledges are a bit shorter. how can i fix that without getting rid of battlefield's 3 fall-through platforms? i don't want to replace the miscdata 2 and 10 because i would just go through them.
Sorry, I read this earlier but forgot to answer it.

To get the background working, just move the stage area towards the screen so it will be behind the screen when you play (you'll still be able to see it if you zoom out a lot...), you should probably also scale it about x2 on it's Z axis.

As for the stage, just scale it's X axis a bit and keep testing until it works.

EDIT: Actually, now that I look into this, it might not work. I didn't realize the stage and background don't have any animations... Does anyone know if it works if they just try scaling the model itself? I haven't tried this yet.

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
Can someone help me with changing ZSS' Animations?

Like, changing animations in general?

Because currently, I don't know what to do.

Also, the difference between RShoulderN and RShoulderJ?

Brawlbox is making me angry. Nothing I edit makes sense when I test it.

EDIT: How would I go about making her Smaller? I want to make her about 3/4 her normal size.

timm

Smash Rookie
@Nihongo-ookami

I thought you knew , but I'm also working on Krystal. For Fox. But of course, Fox won't be replaced, I love him.
picture here
that sephiroth texture looks incredible - is it gonna be released soon?

Power Marshall

Smash Journeyman
Choose your Midna.

Alright; here it is. my "Midna's Helmet" stage released...
BUT I added something extra that I know you will like.

CHOOSE WHICH MIDNA:

^DOWNLOAD^
^Something very odd though, after finishing this stage, the total file size was 666 KB.^ :confused:

^DOWNLOAD^
^Sadly enough, Midna's hair color can not be changed as a regular texture could be.^

And so to anyone, I would not mind if you change midna's texture for your own creations as well, go wild and be creative. :laugh:

Enjoy!​

Top Bottom