• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Why do I see sometimes they upthrow chase and sometimes they downthrow chase on Fox? How do you choose which one you want to do?
Each have their advantages depending on percent, but earlier on it's just a matter of preference. I try to vary it up using both about the same amount. Very often people's tech patterns change depending on which of the throws you use.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
spaced nair doesnt beat anything marth can do so long as marth spaces, forward b only beats improperly executed moves by marth
If you say "space" isnt it implied that you are suppose to space better than the marth. So if hes spacing fairs, and you say space a nair that implies that you read his spacing and connect right after the fair or above or under the hitbox.

Otherwise-you have to illicitly say that you are outspacing his spacing in which is trying to out do your spacing and it gets real convoluted from this point.

Its alot easier to assume everybody is spacing and allude to the outcome of having better spacing

then you can just say "space"
also an ancient secret trick for when spacies forward b recover from the ledge is to roll away, youll end up right next to them in time to grab
Nice, Ill use this one.

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
yeah kind of kaostar, but to say spaced nairs beat everything marth has is just a completely false statement, even if marth doesnt space at all you'll probably trade with a lot of stuff and get cc'd otherwise

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Ahhh, yea I didnt read the previous posts, I just took ur statement as is.

Yea, I almost always trade/get hit when I just run in unless they suck lol

DippnDots

Feral Youth
and why crouch cancel grab when you can shield grab and not take any damage, in that situation i mean. The better choice for people without a dair -> anything combo.

D

Deleted member

its good if you want to guaranteed continue punishment on no techs

you just crouch in front of their body and if they roll you chase and grab (fox is really easy to do this on)

if they do a normal getup you grab

if they do a getup attack you crouchit and grab

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
That looks like more of a response to me.

you should still be able to on most occasions catch the end of the move with a grab. And cant you shield DI towards(I dont really understand shield DI so w/e).so you dont go as far?

D

Deleted member

That looks like more of a response to me.

you should still be able to on most occasions catch the end of the move with a grab. And cant you shield DI towards(I dont really understand shield DI so w/e).so you dont go as far?
yeah

alternatively if they do a no tech you can stand in front of them and as soon as you see a sign of them doing a normal/attack getup you can shield and grab. If they roll then you just follow them.

The problem is you would need some decent as hell reflexes not only to shield the get-up but also to shield DI the hit itself so you are not out of range. I can do this in practice pretty easily but in a hot, smelly, loud tournament environment its way harder. You also risk rolling if you attempt to shield DI but instead of a get-up attack, they do a normal one.

If you get pushed out of the way for grab, you can still up-b, however

also,

if you crouch you might get smacked away a little bit but you can still down-tilt if they do a get-up attack which is situationally better than a grab since it could set up for a knee

Heart Break Kid

Smash Lord
Why is this thread still open. Can a good Falcon main ie Hax S2J Jona start a thread so we can get some solid Falcon advice. I mean come on guys, Scar was good in 2008 and were approaching 2010...its def time for a change.

And b4 anyone brings up Genesis, Ill just reply with easy bracket for now.

D

Deleted member

Why is this thread still open. Can a good Falcon main ie Hax S2J Jona start a thread so we can get some solid Falcon advice. I mean come on guys, Scar was good in 2008 and were approaching 2010...its def time for a change.

And b4 anyone brings up Genesis, Ill just reply with easy bracket for now.
Scar definitely is still a top tier falcon, i'm convinced after watching/playing him in person

he makes a lot of smart decisions that I would not have done and is definitely more knowledgeable about matchups

compared to Scar, me and Jona are still young noobys (sorry Jona)

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
What's there to talk about? There are tons of times when it's applicable, it's just there are too many random examples. When peach is floating at about head height, when jiggs is on the edge. I think WD back utilt against a marth on the edge would be good.

I think an interesting one against anyone is fly through someone's shield with any aerial, preferably bair/uair for the autocancel, and upon landing immediately do a turnaround utilt.

also I am clearly the superior falcon, and with my vast knowledge of everything should possess the next thread.

g-reg make a thread lolz

also apparently you told betazealot that I SD all the time in tourney when he asked about me. Thanks for being honest XD

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
falcons shouldnt have a thread falcon just does combos

just try to do combos to kill your opponent and use your head to get around and manipulate your enemy

thats it ever and thats all it ever will be its just cap falcon... run around then combos

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
falcons shouldnt have a thread falcon just does combos

just try to do combos to kill your opponent and use your head to get around and manipulate your enemy

thats it ever and thats all it ever will be its just cap falcon... run around then combos
unless you're playing against samus. If darkrain and mango can't do it...I've given up. I just hit her alot D:

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
Scar definitely is still a top tier falcon, i'm convinced after watching/playing him in person

he makes a lot of smart decisions that I would not have done and is definitely more knowledgeable about matchups

compared to Scar, me and Jona are still young noobys (sorry Jona)
lol its cool

anyways i beat scar like twice probably

he sux

D

Deleted member

Samus is fairly easy to combo

you can setup an up-air chain in lower percents

and if you want to do a cool kill you can do reverse b-air to knee

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
falcon can combo everyone in multiple ways ! show me these vids of losin to samus samus blows
darkrain played ihavespaceballs recently. 2 sets, he loses the first and wins the second. But yeah, it wasn't about winning or losing, it was about comboing. he gets like 3 or 4 two hit combos in 5 games and like one 3 hit combo, and only one of them leads into a kill.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
also apparently you told betazealot that I SD all the time in tourney when he asked about me.
Haha Betazealot is like close friends with my cousin. :psycho:

darkrain played ihavespaceballs recently. 2 sets, he loses the first and wins the second. But yeah, it wasn't about winning or losing, it was about comboing. he gets like 3 or 4 two hit combos in 5 games and like one 3 hit combo, and only one of them leads into a kill.
Let's not forget he 0-death'ed Chad's Pikachu on Dreamland.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I wonder if it's possible to CC the get-up attack, and then JC grab before they can do anything. That would be nice. :colorful:
you are better off shield grabbing tho.

Its faster and the shield, I think gives a faster response than just CC alone.

so CCs is usually faster than CC

Edit:I do mean CC Shield grabbing. The shield stops your momentum and you will most likely be close enough to grab

Top Bottom