• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
CHUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEe

This dudes the **** =]

We should totally discuss lucas for the next MU discussion. The mu is pretty tough...for me atleast
That would require whatshisname coming back and continuing the MU topic(s). >_>

I can tell you though that I feel Ike vs Lucas is 55:45, while Ike vs Ness is 5:5.

Somebody Else

Smash Apprentice
Does Kirby's chaingrab work on Ike? I'm not sure how his one works o_O

Brick is pretty good at destroying Aether. O_O Stage spike... Superarmour or die :/

We outrange everything kirby has... Except swallow... lol

Lucas... Gimp city, yada yada. Some weird FSmash combos for us to worry about.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Kirby's WTF chaingrab (that's what I call it-- the real name, if there is one, escapes me) works on us if we don't know how to SDI it. After the first throw, he will normally Utilt. SDI this Utilt away from Kirby. Tadaaa, you're out. If you don't know exactly how to SDI, read the description in this video-- it's the best explanation of SDI I know. Bair is by far Kirby's best move... if you feel like challenging it, space well, because it has great speed, nice range, and good priority. If you get a chance to challenge his UpB, DO IT. It's fun to interrupt it-- very very bad recovery option, so if you can limit him to it by making him waste his jumps, get it done.
Mr Doom, Kirby EXP man, take it away.

EDIT:

v What he said. It's true.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
So it was 75 degrees yesterday here in Texas, and today it's below 32 with snow.

Typical Texas weather.
You should move to Kansas. The weather there is so unpredictable. Like, seriously, Kansas had a snowstorm in April of last year. At least Wichita did.

Kirby's WTF chaingrab (that's what I call it-- the real name, if there is one, escapes me) works on us if we don't know how to SDI it. After the first throw, he will normally Utilt. SDI this Utilt away from Kirby. Tadaaa, you're out. If you don't know exactly how to SDI, read the description in this video-- it's the best explanation of SDI I know. Bair is by far Kirby's best move... if you feel like challenging it, space well, because it has great speed, nice range, and good priority. If you get a chance to challenge his UpB, DO IT. It's fun to interrupt it-- very very bad recovery option, so if you can limit him to it by making him waste his jumps, get it done.
Mr Doom, Kirby EXP man, take it away.
It seems that the baton has been passed to Mr. Doom. I will give my little analysis on the Ike-Kirby matchup.

In the analysis, I will refer to Ike as you, yourself, your, etc.

Ground Combat

The overall ground combat for Kirby consists of grab combos (called the Gonzo Combo) starting at low percentages. Kirby would usually wait for the perfect opportunity to grab you. Next Kirby will proceed with a d-throw to an u-air. Then he'll attempt another grab and d-throw to u-air, or maybe an f-air. You, the discerning player, should see the u-air coming, so you should sdi up and away from the Kirby, so that the pink marshmallow won't get a second grab. Failure to do so will result in at least 40% damage.

Another move that a Kirby uses is u-tilt. That combos into itself, until you are high enough in altitude for Kirby to jump and b-air you once or maybe twice. From then on, Kirby's game is shielding your attacks and punishing out of shield with b-air, u-tilt, or grab.

To counter this, space the Kirby with retreating f-airs or n-airs. If you suspect that the Kirby will try to grab you out of shield, fake attacking aerially by just jumping, then grab. Or, you can just run up to them and grab them as well. Regular/Pivot grabbing an approaching Kirby works wonders since Kirby's a defensive player. He's really good at punishing out of shield, so if he's not approaching with an attack, chances are he's going to shield.

Aerial Combat

Most people prop Kirby up for his b-air, but a well aimed f-air will shut down Kirby's aerial game. If you happen to see Kirby trying to approach with b-air, shut him down with your f-air. Kirby's d-air is not too much of a problem on stage, but you should worry about it when he comes down on top of you when the both of you are off-stage. Each drill will spike you, so recover as high as you possibly can. If you suspect Kirby will still try to d-air you from the top, prepare to sdi every hit up and toward the stage. If you so happen to be above Kirby, expect u-airs; they combo into each other. A fast-fall air-dodge usually suffices, and the Kirby will try to follow up with a d-air.

Water Combat

Battling in the water is overall better for you, but you must watch for Kirby's d-air. Then it becomes a huge tech-chase, once one of you get the first water spike. You will have a major problem to deal with if Kirby manages to get you in the water while he is above. Kirby will more than likely stone you if he sees an opportunity to do so. If you feel threatened, use your upb attack, or get out of the water.

Kill Moves

Kirby's kill moves are f-smash, u-smash, side-b, and the rarely used stone. You should be able to survive most of these attacks until you are at about 120%. DI and SDI play an important role to living to high percentages. Kirby will usually try to set up his f-smash with a d-air, so be wary of that. B-air can kill as well, but only if your DI is horrible. Stone is a harder move to set up, which is why Kirby rarely uses that move. You should always expect the unexpected, though, like a stone out of aether, for example.

Kirby's side-b can kill at 100%. The grounded side-b is not used as often as the aerial side-b, for the grounded one comes out slower and it hits only once instead of twice. Kirby can usually set up an aerial side-b with a footstool. Up smash is generally a fresh move, since Kirby more often uses f-smash over that move.

Countering Kirby

As aforementioned, space Kirby with f-air or n-air. If you choose to use f-air, it'd be best to retreat with them because Kirby's f-smash can still hit you, though sour. One rather dumb thing Kirby can do to shut down your ground game is duck. You will only be able to hit him with aerials, f-tilt, d-tilt, u-tilt, or f-smash. Kirby would know this and would, instantly shield those attacks, so footstool him to provoke him to chase you aerially. Fast-fall air dodge, and you have him under you.

KOing Kirby

Your best bet for KOing Kirby is off the top. Jab to u-tilt usually takes Kirby by surprise, and since his momentum canceling isn't all that great, he'll fall off the top of the screen. Take advantage of KOing Kirby with the u-air or u-tilt when he's at about 100%. Of course, you can use b-air or f-tilt to take him out as well.

Videos of Ike vs Kirby

Mr. Doom is the Ike. Holms is the Kirby.

Games 1 and 2: Final Destination and Battlefield
Games 3 and 4: Smashville and Pokemon Stadium
Games 5 and 6: Yoshi's Island and Delfino Plaza
Games 7 and 8: Norfair and Halberd
Games 9 and 10: Lylat Cruise and Brinstar
Games 11 and 12: Frigate Orpheon and Castle Siege
Games 13 and 14: Jungle Japes and Pokemon Stadium 2
Games 15 and 16: Rainbow Cruise and Pictochat

I shall leave the stage discussion up to anyone else who feels they have a tidbit to pass. Furthermore, if I missed anything, anyone can comment on that.

Mr. Doom used Baton Pass!

Phew... I swear, if I get too many "tl;dr" stuff, then I'm gonna have a cow.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Just got back from football. Omg. Whole body numb. Can't talk. Feel faace. Hand. 5 layers of upper clothing. With heavy wind, temp is actually below 18. Snow. 45 minutes of football.

Final Score. 0-0.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
C'mon brah

Cmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan Brah

You can also be a **** about it in doubles and use your partner's shield as the item that sustains the eruption hitbox duration, you'll break your partner's shield but the explosion wont hit them and a single jab will wake em back up. Note that I don't suggest that someone do this but it's pretty funny either way.

Somebody Else

Smash Apprentice
If it makes you feel better Mr Doom I read your post from start to finish and found it very worthwhile. ^_^

(no joke, I did!)

Kirby has a few hammer tricks to get those unexpected kills. B-reverse aerial Hammer is very sudden, and it also has but a little landing lag. Always watch for the second hammer, obviously (a friend of mine used to get me a lot with that :p)

Kirby's UpB cannot grab the ledge when facing away. O_O Also, DTilt edge vulnerability, use sparingly, they'd catch on after the first use. Fake it by crouching at the ledge, then go for DAir when he hesitates :p

I needs to learn me some SDI.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Nothing good happened for me....yet >_>
rofl @ Cross, I hate when people buy stuff for the wrong things and don't even bother to refund.

Somebody Else

Smash Apprentice
Merry christmas everyone!

Hey, have people heard about the UK Christmas No. 1 Single?

Rage Against The Machine - Killing In The Name.

No joke, it really is. It's freaking awesome! Radio shows cut the song short by ~30 seconds though, 'cause of the outtro. Facebook rules.

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps

Hey, have people heard about the UK Christmas No. 1 Single?

Rage Against The Machine - Killing In The Name.

No joke, it really is. It's freaking awesome! Radio shows cut the song short by ~30 seconds though, 'cause of the outtro. Facebook rules.
I love that song! =] lol I got it on my Ipod. Jews goin to the movie theater! Watch out, Da Jews is Loose

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I got Modern Warfare 2. That's about it. :/

I was thinking about getting MAG when it comes out. Good thought?

lol i love this kid
I don't know what kinda games you're into, but it seems like you enjoy FPS games. Games in general I recommend you AT LEAST rent are...

Uncharted 1 and 2: Both games are good, and 2 is simply mind blowing with its graphics and gameplay. Story is pretty neat as well. It's a platformer/action game.

MGS4: If you have played the other MGS, might as well finish the series. I'm sure this game ain't 60 bucks anymore. That or rent it.

Fighting Game: SF4 or Blazblue. Tekken is too complicated as a fighter and the additional modes suck. Blazblue and SF4 seemed to be the most balance. I own SF4.

Batman: Arkham Asylum: If you are a fan of Batman, buy it, rent it, whatever. Best superhero video game ever made. It rocks.

Games to look out for: If you don't feel like spending money on any of those games, wait for FF13 or God of War 3.

That's all I can think of from the top of my head.

Games that I own: MGS4, SF4, and Madden 2010.

Palpi

Smash Hero
I was playing a bunch of decent MK's on wifi with ike, and it was pretty ****ing hard, i got them down to high % last stock the first couple times, maybe won a few, but after they adapted, i had to hardcore adapt to stand a chance, it sucked. I won some because of lagfi fsmashes =] on edge at like 50% haha

Guilhe

Smash Ace

They are wrong, Ike is high tier !
In the Brazilian Backroom, Ike reached as high as 17th. In general, Backroomers from São Paulo (where most high ranking Ike players are) voted Ike for around 20th, but players from other areas voted for him to be quite low…

TheMike

Smash Lord
Yeah. Ike had only 5 votes to be Low. And only one vote was from a player from São Paulo.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
If you haven't heard, Kansas is raising a $500 bonus pot for NO KOAST 3, which would be held in March 13th-14th. We started last week, and we're already 1/5th done with raising glingits. A bunch of people from the Southwest, West, and Midwest will participate in this tournament. If you want more information, check this link out.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=258525

The pre-registration is for the whole weekend, so there will be more stuff you to do besides play brawl.

Also, if things go well, I'll be the TO's assistant, and Mr. Doom is one strict fellow when it comes to getting stuff ran, so you can count on things going smoothly during the tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom