• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I'm not sure how to give advice on wavelanding other than... you have to practice it more. Fun fact, though -- Falcon can perfect waveland on the top platform of Yoshi's and FoD after a backflip full jump.

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
if we had some real representation in the back room we might be more into the mbr's rules

the only mw people in it are a guy who hasnt paid an entry fee for a tourney in 3 years and a guy who only goes to melee tourneys if theyre a melee/brawl tournament

and both arent very good at melee

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Lol, haha. Its not even a big deal. Its only a suggestive set of rules anyway. Its more so national tourneys where **** can get out of hand.

I jus saw that balanced brawl thing. its still brawl tho.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
I like the MBR Ruleset, MW is so janky, but it makes us special :). Only things i change with MBR rules is make FoD a CP and make KJ Neutral. And add pokefloats to CP.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
We can learn how to play on FoD. It's possible. Just channel the spirit of G-reg... the only Falcon main to ever counterpick FoD in Melee history?

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
i think falcon combo videos are why my falcon sucks.
i see him doing all these insane combos in all these clips and i'm like **** YAA this guy is nuts and has all these great combos!
so i get in this mindset to constantly attack and try to get those awsome combos from the videos i watch.
but in reality i feel falcon has to be a much more observe and punish type character. =/

D

Deleted member

Fountain of Dreams is such an amazing stage, you can do combos there that are impossible on other stages. Many dummies counterpick me there and instead counterpick themselves

---

Wavelanding on platforms above you is simpler if you double jump super quick. On Dreamland's side platforms the timing is pretty simple once you get it, pokemon stadium/battlefield/yoshi's you gotta be quicker

A waveland from "above" is a lot easier also if you are in the double jump barrel roll or do a backwards arcing short hop

An easy waveland on Yoshis is as soon as you run off the stage, double jump backwards and waveland to the left (or right)

in the end, wavelanding isn't THAT useful but its great to be more mobile with falcon in general

-WoMp-

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I just basically wavedash(the button sequence) at the peak of my jump or at the appropriate time. I don't think I've had any problems with it.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
I know this probably has been asked a lot of times but... well I think here would be the best place anyway >_> I mean this is scar's thread, he's no ****ing joke, he's like a falcon god or something... Well here's my question, in very short terms :

how do I **** spacies? sorry I just keep getting owned like...... always?

Turazrok

Smash Master
I know this probably has been asked a lot of times but... well I think here would be the best place anyway >_> I mean this is scar's thread, he's no ****ing joke, he's like a falcon god or something... Well here's my question, in very short terms :

how do I **** spacies? sorry I just keep getting owned like...... always?
Sell your soul and switch to puff.

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
its really really hard to beat really good foxes with puff

and falcos arent really a walk in the park or anything either

PEEF!

Smash Hero
if we had some real representation in the back room we might be more into the mbr's rules

the only mw people in it are a guy who hasnt paid an entry fee for a tourney in 3 years and a guy who only goes to melee tourneys if theyre a melee/brawl tournament

and both arent very good at melee
Which is Sliq? He's pretty good...I do agree that Midwest representation is bunk. BigD for MBR for sure.

I think people would take the MW more seriously and we would be better players if we had a PR.

`DNS`

Smash Lord
We can learn how to play on FoD. It's possible. Just channel the spirit of G-reg... the only Falcon main to ever counterpick FoD in Melee history?
i was about to say 'i heard smoke2jointz loves that stage'
then i scrolled down a bit and

Fountain of Dreams is such an amazing stage, you can do combos there that are impossible on other stages. Many dummies counterpick me there and instead counterpick themselves

---

Wavelanding on platforms above you is simpler if you double jump super quick. On Dreamland's side platforms the timing is pretty simple once you get it, pokemon stadium/battlefield/yoshi's you gotta be quicker

A waveland from "above" is a lot easier also if you are in the double jump barrel roll or do a backwards arcing short hop

An easy waveland on Yoshis is as soon as you run off the stage, double jump backwards and waveland to the left (or right)

in the end, wavelanding isn't THAT useful but its great to be more mobile with falcon in general

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
oh yeah i forgot they put sliq in, which was ******** because he doesnt post anything anywhere or care at all about the rules. he said the same thing when they asked for him

mow is foolish, whatever

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
jump around a lot, make her chase you

practice combos

short hop non fastfalled stomp to get spotdodge/dsmash

roll away if youre nervous, shes generally too slow to catch you

keep those in mind, they should make a noticeable difference

MBreeto

Smash Ace
is there anything thats just a big '"no no" when it comes to peach? Like something you should never do.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
sheik is was worse the peach

on peach at 0 you get a grab you can take a stock off of a combo

sheik is sooo much worse

you cant really approach sheik

atleast you can approach with nairs or other stuff

downthrow peach>nair>****

for sheik

get *****>ftilt'd>slapped>grabbed>*****>dead>repeatx4

peef: public relation's

getting out to the people

bs like that

PEEF!

Smash Hero
haha, good sh8.

I'm tryna get my promotion to smash director, I didn't know all you needed was to host a tournament.

halcyon.days

Smash Journeyman
So I have a dilemma against Marth.

If I get a combo going it's either a good chunk of damage or even a stock but...

I get absolutely destroyed by uptilts and the range of the sword, so it's really hard to get into its range. if I'm ever caught recovering above stage, I get daired or tippered, if it's below I get dtilted like crazy. At what percentage can you tech a dtilt? I've never been able to tech it with Falcon.

D

Deleted member

You can bait out the up-tilt and then **** them

most marths try to make it look like they are open by doing an aerial but quickly do an up-tilt

in general I think teching is a lot easier if you up-b backwards, your hitbox is safer and it makes it seem a lot easier to tech than up-ing normally

if you up-b normally (because you have to), i've found that c-stick DIing into the ledge makes it more likely for you to tech

--

percentage-wise for marth's d-tilt, dunno. Being off the ledge against Marth generally sucks

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
PR=power ranking, and we used to. I think you knew that so I'm tryna figure out what you thought I meant by PR. Personal record? lol.
I knew what it was, i asked how a region would run a PR, not what it is...

do you weigh placings at all tournaments? do you only include specific tournaments? what?

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
you have a panel of knowledgeable people vote, those panelists base it on whatever they want but you want to make sure they all are familiar with most of the recent tournament results before they vote

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
So I have a dilemma against Marth.

If I get a combo going it's either a good chunk of damage or even a stock but...

I get absolutely destroyed by uptilts and the range of the sword, so it's really hard to get into its range. if I'm ever caught recovering above stage, I get daired or tippered, if it's below I get dtilted like crazy. At what percentage can you tech a dtilt? I've never been able to tech it with Falcon.
Dash dance and grab. Whenever you do an aerial such that it puts you close to Marth, dash dance away, and he'll whiff the utilt.

If you ever get the lead, you can literally just dash dance camp him and he'll have to deal with that in addition to your combos and ****.

Top Bottom