• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I are teaming with SK92 and DEHF for two big tournaments rofl

J4pu

Smash Champion
dribble back and forth in front of sk92 with naners while he SHDL's over your head

iono, falco is a pretty awful teams partner unless your partner has something good to CG your opponent into (warlock punch, pika strong thunder hit etc.)
even then, falco isn't all that good a teams partner

Prawn

Smash Master
You: Throw lots of naners.

Them: Shoot lots of lasers.

PEW PEW *trip* PEW PEW ggs.

Denzi

Smash Master
CG in one direction and then banana lock in the other. I dunno, Falco's pretty not so great in doubles.

And did this really need a thread?

swordsaint

Smash Master
Yes it did. This thread is the best in the Falco boards atm.

Out of curiosity, how would Falco spamming lasers in to Diddy work, if the Diddy repeatedly tries to Up B? Assplosions everywhere?

Bloodcross

Smash Champion
Falco is actually a really good partner with an Aggro MK. A conservative Falco with Lazers along with a MK who would take the air most of the time but get offensive when needed be. Falco in general should be the defensive teammate due to his predictable recovery that can get punished if he is damaged too quickly, which leads to offstage punishment.

I don't know what to add for Diddy and Falco tbh. But for people with actual ideas, point out a general strategy to work with instead of just naming random combos for 2v1. While Diddy's peanuts and Falco's lazers together sounds pretty scary, it's more important to get used to each other to be able to sync effectively.

But imo, it should end up being.

Diddy = Aggro: Using bananas to pressure like a motha ****er.
Falco = Conservative: *mentioned above

Hope this helps; more help assures you success.

Out of curiosity, how would Falco spamming lasers in to Diddy work, if the Diddy repeatedly tries to Up B? Assplosions everywhere?
LOL. I'd wanna see this work, too good.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Pros
*AMAZING stage control
*Unorthodox combination
*Great on stages with ample space(aim for FD & Battlefield)

Cons
*KO Potential
*Horrid recoveries from below

This team CAN be good. You just need great teamwork, and you need to ban the small stages where falco can't spam lasers or diddy can't use nanerz as often.

Gmoney_

Smash Journeyman
This thread reminds me of a comment i read once off the match from Dehf vs Choconaner: "Dehf just gave choco a black naner". Too good xD

Vlade

Social Outcast
I actually think Falco's underrated in teams

SK92 does really well in doubles playing Falco

And ADHD, you should know what to do already because you teamed with SK92 at Genesis >_>

Notra

Smash Ace
most ppl know how to stop diddy's naner games(if they practice.) but not so many ppl know falcos. give falco a banana. the entire match one for each. this makes for good ****.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Falco + Diddy is a really good team IMO...most people are just too bad to pull it off.

Valdens and I got 2nd in doubles last Western WA tournament I attended, losing only to Nerd + Felix twice. Both players utilize the bananas and Falco's reflector gives him a nice method of keeping their team in control of the Naners. Laser spam reduces your options for dealing with Diddy's bananas- for example, if you attempt to shield a nana and then jump and Z-catch it OOS, you sometimes get blocked by a laser followup when you jump OOS.

Naners also provide setups for Falco, which helps his inability to kill.

p8nted

Smash Apprentice
Here's a diagram. If falco plays conservative he can give diddy a good amount of cover from any ariel attacks. With nanners controlling the stage, this can put yourselves in good position to do some serious damage. Diddy sits under lazers and behind nannerz launching peanuts until they try to approach.

Or, alternatively, slowly move up on them using the bananas until you reach the end of the stage.

Works in theory but I haven't seen anyone using this doubles combo in an actual tourney so it's hard to say.

Jupz

Smash Master
Love the diagram P8nted. Also as said Falco can SHDL so both the lasers go above diddys head. That would help a lot to shut down MK's air game.

rolrctermaniac

Smash Apprentice
everything about p8nted's post was epic. though you cant shhot peanuts :/ lasers will break them instantly

Denzi

Smash Master
With Falco restricted to the area above Diddy, Snake is able to chuck grenades all day without worrying about lasers setting them off.

Jon?

Smash Champion
I did this team with one of my friends at tournaments. We did fairly well for never teaming before.

As explained above, you just shdl so both lasers go above Diddy's head and Diddy throws bananas underneath lasers. Killing should be pretty easy if you catch an opponent in a trip. Fsmash is now 10x easier to hit and kills fairly early.

The only weakness in this team is if someone gets above Diddy and Falco, it could mean trouble for the both of them. Campy floaties gives this team a bit of trouble as well.

p8nted

Smash Apprentice
With Falco restricted to the area above Diddy, Snake is able to chuck grenades all day without worrying about lasers setting them off.
True, snake can spam grenades but falco can place lasers so that they hit snake while still going over diddy. Plus, snake's only real option is to throw grenades. He can't follow them up or create his usually set-ups that give people problems. Grenades by themselves are not that big of a threat since you know exactly when they're going to explode.

Worst case scenario is that diddy eats a nade, gets sent flying over the lasers leaving falco with the whole stage plus two bananas to hold them off until diddy gets himself back on the stage. Or, if MK charges straight to diddy in the air, falco can help diddy while snake slowly trudges through bananas effectively making it 2 vs 1 against MK for a few moments.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Here's a diagram. If falco plays conservative he can give diddy a good amount of cover from any ariel attacks. With nanners controlling the stage, this can put yourselves in good position to do some serious damage. Diddy sits under lazers and behind nannerz launching peanuts until they try to approach.

Or, alternatively, slowly move up on them using the bananas until you reach the end of the stage.

Works in theory but I haven't seen anyone using this doubles combo in an actual tourney so it's hard to say.

This picture made coming into this thread completely worth it...

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
This painting is unrealistic. Falco is much taller than that.

6Mizu

Smash Champion
Somewhere in the SubspaceEmissary(NC, Morrisville)

This painting is unrealistic. Falco is much taller than that.
LOL!
LMAO! :laugh::laugh:

So that why it's unrealistic? And that's the only reason?
BTW DEHF (larry), your Falco is godly.
Your going on my friend's list. :)

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
You're right Falco doesn't have his beak and thanks for adding me =D

Jon?

Smash Champion
We are suppose to assume that Falco has a beak in the diagram because his head is in the shape of a triangle.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
The MK and Snake in the diagram represents M2K and Ally, right before they get ***** by lasers and nanners.

This strat reminded me of a falco kirby team where my teammate took my powers, and he shot ground lasers while i SHDL, my opponent instantly ragequitted after his teammate died. =D

My counter example of why that falco/diddy diagram will not work as it certainly is.

End topic

///////////////////=============///////////////////

Luigi player

Smash Master
Yes it did. This thread is the best in the Falco boards atm.

That doesn't work, because Diddy has heavy armor during the charging of his upB.
It would work if the lasers hit Diddy on his way up, but this means Falco has to be in the air (and its probably not so easy to hit Diddy). Diddy will also fall down and the enemies can punish him for it.

You can use a banana to set them off too though... maybe someone should try this in friendlies.

p8nted

Smash Apprentice
Xeylode, the idea is to prevent an air approach with the lasers and then have diddy punish the ground approach. I won't pretend to know anything about diddy, but he should stand next to the closest banana and react to how MK deals with the other banana. If MK manages to get rid of the bananas or diddy fails to stop mk's approach then you'll see the situation in your diagram.

Or, if snake is being gay, use the bananas and push them closer and closer to the edge while dramatically shouting "to the cliffs" all 300 style.

omg omg dehf commented on the diagram. *falco voice* I guess I should be thankful.

That doesn't work, because Diddy has heavy armor during the charging of his upB.
It would work if the lasers hit Diddy on his way up, but this means Falco has to be in the air (and its probably not so easy to hit Diddy). Diddy will also fall down and the enemies can punish him for it.

You can use a banana to set them off too though... maybe someone should try this in friendlies.
Actually, this could be promising. It might be hard for falco to hit diddy, but diddy could easily time his up-b such that it gets interupted by a laser.

Would a guided missile-barrel count as doing a barrel roll? This just became infinitely win.

Top Bottom