• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EXTENNNDUURRRRRR (samus gen. disc.)

What are your favorite moves?

• Total voters

Pi

Smash Hero

Thing to note:
1) Yet another JV5 stock. It's almost to easy.
2) Various means of tom foolery where used to get link both down to his last stock and up to 999%.
3) Rendered his boomerang, and arrow quite useless after powershielding them 100%, mindgamed him into thinking bomb was his only choice.
4) Yes, I caught the bomb then fired it out of my canon arm.
5) Link does actually explode when you do this.
6) I think the bomb was the best drawn thing in this comic. lol.

xbombr

Smash Ace
KnihT should make a Samus match up thread with illustrations of the match ups like this. I think it would be an insta-sticky.

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
it's really up to you
i would recommend just sticking to one character and MAYBE having a secondary
couple things i don't like about secondaries:

-for samus, having a secondary means probably having a character that is better than her, if you really want advantage (kinda the point of having a secondary imo)

-if you default to your secondary every time you're uncomfortable with a matchup, you're not gonna learn much, and so makes your skill level rise at most 49% less than what it should be

-i had another point but i forgot (anyways that was literally a couple so w/e lol)

to tell you truth, i play around with other characters, and i'm ok at them, but i don't call them my anythings because i will never use them in tournament until i **** with samus

edgeluca

Smash Lord
NNID
Edgeluca
3DS FC
2879-0257-1267
I use some high tier characters for fun, but I'm exclusively Samus in tournies. Samus is my only character I'm proud of anyways.

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
it's really up to you
i would recommend just sticking to one character and MAYBE having a secondary
couple things i don't like about secondaries:

-for samus, having a secondary means probably having a character that is better than her, if you really want advantage (kinda the point of having a secondary imo)
Ya, that's just the thing. Lots of characters might be better than her. XD but she's so fun...

EDIT: Hey, if I survive Fox's Uair on the middle platform on FoD at 130%, does that mean I have good DI? :O

Pi

Smash Hero
good or bad DI is determined by the trajectory of your character after you have taken a hit.
It's basically you knowing you're going to get hit and trying to change the direction you go toward one of the corners of the map since going from the middle of a square to the corner of a square is longer than going from the middle in a straight line to either side or up.

picture inc.

Pi

Smash Hero
Yes. Yes I am.

But yea, I juss have some friends who whenever something is close they like to say 'good DI'

Even though they're basing it off of simply living the attack, not the direction they went

Rat

Smash Lord
Ok so I have a couple questions.

What is the best stage for Utilt?
Where is the ideal position for [insert move] Utilt? Under a platform? In the middle of the stage? By the edge?

I ask this because I was just thinking about Move strength relative to Stage and Stage Position. Like UpB is amazing on Yoshi's story and FoD but not as good on FD. Yet on FD UpB is better by the edge than in the middle.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
Whatever stage you are currently on and whatever position you are currently in is the best stage/position for utilt. Time spent not utilting could be much better spent utiliting.

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
i don't agree that small stages suck for samus
you mean YS?
i still think YS ***** for samus
DON'T GET HIT

what about FoD?
that's a common counterpick

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
Yeah my falcon friend hates going to FoD

though i argue that it's not as bad as people say, it's just weird to play on for the typical falcon
that, coupled with my loving FoD (cuz i think it's a nice stage for samus) makes it a nice stage imo
lol

Rat

Smash Lord
uh....Stadium is falcon's best neutral.

1 Yoshi's
2 FoD
3 Battlefield Dreamland
5 Pokemon stadium

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
This ^^^

and CA5H, lolis just ended in ann arbor, scotu isn't hosting regular biweeklies anymore T.T would've been nice to play another samus main
awww :(

hey, does any1 know what happens when a fully charge shot hits 2 desynched IC's offstage?
It just happened... it was weird, it went over popo's head and hit nana and killed her, but after it hit her, he froze like he got shot and was dealt 5 damage, but there was no knockback on him.

Pi

Smash Hero
huh...sounds like a phantom hit cause they still give hitlag frames
but only 5 damage?
dunno

you guys ever had a rocket phantom hit?

da **** ;|

i keep having it happen, i don't even understand it lol

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
huh...sounds like a phantom hit cause they still give hitlag frames
but only 5 damage?
dunno

you guys ever had a rocket phantom hit?

da **** ;|

i keep having it happen, i don't even understand it lol
Well, the charge shot flew over popo's head, but right after it hit nana, he froze for a split second like he got shot. It was very strange. I'll try to recreate it later tonight if I can.

sounds exactly like a phantom hit

charge shot has 18 frames of hitlag so the freeze would def be noticeable.

dunno about the 5% though, cuz a phantom charge shot would definitely do more unless it was fully staled.

xbombr

Smash Ace
I'd say it's a phantom too. 5% sounds about right for a fully charge phantom shot.

Don't phantom hits do 20% damage? A fresh charge shot hits for 25% so 20% of 25% would be 5%.

Rat

Smash Lord
This ^^^

and CA5H, lolis just ended in ann arbor, scotu isn't hosting regular biweeklies anymore T.T would've been nice to play another samus main
You (and the rest of east mi) should come to a chicago tournament!

Top Bottom