• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EXTENNNDUURRRRRR (samus gen. disc.)

What are your favorite moves?

• Total voters

rhan

Smash Hero
What all do I need to do in the Samus v Fox matchup? That's the only one I'm lacking in with any of my characters and I find it easier with Samus.

So what is there to do?

Pi

Smash Hero
What all do I need to do in the Samus v Fox matchup? That's the only one I'm lacking in with any of my characters and I find it easier with Samus.

So what is there to do?
Uh
Pretty much if the fox plays smart/gay and camps you when you aren't approaching (which is very hard to do with samus vs. fox), then you're going to have 1 ***** of a time.
But basically you read his approaches, and if you read right, wavedash back -> dtilt/utilt/dair whatever you can get off on him to get more off on him and hopefully put him off the stage.
If you read wrong, shield it, then UB after his shine.

If you can get grabs off great, at low %'s upthrow
at high %'s downthrow quick and you can catch em w/ **** before they tech. I think they can DI away though, so idk, up to you, upthrow is always a safe bet.

Work your missiles when you can, but the second you see him start to come in, assume the position to counter his approach.

Be quick with how you recover, don't recover high cause he'll bair you and you will get hit by it.

don't grapple right below him, cause he'll shine you.

Don't take too long to UB cause he'll shine you, then shine you again, and again and again till one of you messes up.

Find out how he reacts to your rockets, if he shields them, you can grab.
if he shines them, you can dash attack -> stuff.
if he spot dodges/jumps/whatever there's an appropriate response for each of those.

A lot of foxes don't like to change up their approach, since nairshine is so beast any way, so any time you can punish it with an UB do so. Force em out of their comfort zone and then you can be in control.

If you are going to approach, well, I reccomend wavelanding on platforms and **** like that
cause it's cool and fast
Otherwise run in and dash attack his shield so he can upsmash you.

Pi

Smash Hero
My wavelands are mad consistent now
I'm so ****ing happy

Near perfection with my waveland/dash Utilts as well, getting them whatever direction I want (was a problem for me ok!!)

Also missile regrabs are comin pretty easy to me now as well >=)

gotta work my bombs more

god i love melee, and samus, and wavedashing!!

edgeluca

Smash Lord
NNID
Edgeluca
3DS FC
2879-0257-1267
My wavelands are mad consistent now
I'm so ****ing happy

Near perfection with my waveland/dash Utilts as well, getting them whatever direction I want (was a problem for me ok!!)
I need a new controller, my old one is messing up and I'm finding it harder to waveland. I ordered the emerald green one =D

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
never understood exactly how to pivot tilts
any advice?
be AMAZING

it's just timing. go into practice mode and do it real slow until you can get the timing, then speed up until you get to 1x speed. if when you get to 1x, it feels too fast, go to 2x and just mess around for a bit and go back to 1x. at least that's what i do.
i was also able to get pivot jabs consistently in any direction from any direction (dash right, pivot jab left [that's the easy one] or dash right, pivot jab right) but only in like the two lowest speeds lol they are REALLY hard

EDIT: i think you're talking about how when trying to pivot tilt, most people get a fsmash. just don't hit the stick, like you would with regular tilt. OR if you're asking about pivoting in general...in that case go look it up lol

EDIT 2: i'm finding it really hard to do a pivot from the right (dash left pivot ftilt right)

Pi

Smash Hero
Yea I got pivot smashes fine

so you're saying

to tilt

I wouldn't actually tilt the control stick?

I'm pretty confused.

Walk me through it step my step

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
no yeah, you do
but you have to do it really lightly
i think what happens is people try to do it too fast, and put a lot of force, and move the stick too much such that the game registers a smash

i'm not exactly sure how i'm doing them to be honest lol

i would just say:
ex.

dash right, tap to dash left lightly, and tap A at the same time

that's all i can tell you

Rat

Smash Lord
#1) Pokemon stadium

Other than that I don't know. I just go with my gut at the time of the match.

edit: Floats is not a bad idea.

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
i would never mind being taken to ys by a ganon, regardless of if he's joking or not
i don't find it scary

IT'S ALL IN YOUR HEAD

xbombr

Smash Ace
DL probably wouldn't be too bad since the blast zones would be in your favor...

You can live to pretty high %'s there and you've got a decent sized place to grapple. It's big enough to camp missiles decently too.

I'd say that ranks somewhere around PS and Floats, but I just like DL in general when I'm not playing as a fast faller or Marth and/or against someone with better recovery.

TresChikon

Smash Lord
I dunno, on DL Ganon can just go on the top platform and be like **** you! and camp there as long as he likes and come down whenever he feels like it.

It seems Ganon would have less control on FD than on any other stage.

Pi

Smash Hero
if someone's shield is small
and you're behind them
facing away
upsmash
and it'll poke their head
and since it's just the last hit
can prolly get a bair off

i use this on marth all the time cause his shield is so terrible
jajaja

AIDS

Smash Lord
I take ganon to stadium... why?
I am assuming the one who said stadium would say that stage cause the platforms are the right hight for missile spam. I personally would suggest the same for that and cause it's large so he can't kill you too low, and there is no middle platform which is better for you, and crappy for him.

FD is also a good stage. You can full hop missile spam and platforms are a huge part of ganons game. His D-air goes right through is another thing.
SO BROKEN~

edgeluca

Smash Lord
NNID
Edgeluca
3DS FC
2879-0257-1267
I am assuming the one who said stadium would say that stage cause the platforms are the right hight for missile spam. I personally would suggest the same for that and cause it's large so he can't kill you too low, and there is no middle platform which is better for you, and crappy for him.

FD is also a good stage. You can full hop missile spam and platforms are a huge part of ganons game. His D-air goes right through is another thing.
SO BROKEN~
Yeah, I like to missile spam, but mostly I just like to waveland off the platforms and start f-air combos =P

AIDS

Smash Lord
where would you take a ganon as your counterpick? I tried final d but that failed miserably
I would go Yoshis cause I do well on that stage, but FD is good, you just need a better aproach vs Ganon i bet. Larger stages are better cause Ganons hits can kill at low % on small stages, so think big.

Top Bottom