• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phoenix Wright Mafia [GAME OVER!]

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
bleh typos ftl. Meant every living player but Marshy has been investigated. Had Kata N3, you N2, and now Cacti N4. As I said, it is kind of redundant to state who I investigated seeing as we already realized my investigations were worthless yesterday. Also, of all the claims I could make up if I was scum, why would I choose to play D2 like a cop with a guilty, then claim D3 when a cop had already died N1? It may be WIFOM, but that would be THE worst fake I could have chosen.

Also, I forgot to mention in my former post, Cacti, just because your role and power are confirmed does not mean your alignment is. A mafia governor would not be an impossibility, and having an alignment ambiguous role confirmed does not make you cleared. You also used that you saved the town doc as part of your argument for your innocence, which is just a bad argument as a whole. First of all, why would a mafia governor save a mafiat? Saving a townie, especially one like a doctor, would look good whereas saving a mafiat would look terrible. So why does this help your case at all?

The other thing that I found interesting, is that everyone had some lingering suspicion on Kevin even as late as yesterday, yet he was the one who died last night, not Pierre or Marshy who were largely considered cleared as of the start of N4. I could see you as scum killing Kevin to confirm him and remove that lingering suspicion specifically so you could make this argument today.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
@Marshy: when Matt Engarde is in jail and Phoenix is trying to interrogate him, basically Engarde picks up his cell phone and starts talking on it and there is nothing Phoenix can do anymore. So I can see that as an acceptable flavor translation to governor.
is there reason for phoenix wright tove pulled out a phone like described at the end of d2?

Pierre the Scarecrow

Grasping at Straws
@Marshy: Jeez. I completely forgot that the Day 2 lynch flavor included someone taking out a cell phone and stopping the lynch. Completely. No, there wouldn't be a flavor reason for Phoenix to do that. He would have just said HOLD IT or some guilty ****.

Mentos, your claim wouldn't be that dumb as scum. You would have been able to push a lynch on a player you knew to be town, and possibly even do it twice and then claim insane cop.

Also, KevinM as the night kill is not strange. Mafia would know he is a real doctor and most likely protecting either Marshy or me.

KevinM had some lingering suspicion but only because of his claim. And since mafia knew his claim was true, a live doctor is a bigger benefit to town than his suspicion is a bane to town, so mafia would need to get rid of him. Also, KevinM pushed a lynch on Chaco very hard. Also, KevinM was the first vote on Gheb. So, he was suspected, but not really as much as you make it sound.

Still need to read back.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Thanks for answering the comments I specifically aimed at Cacti Pierre>_> I was kind of hoping for his response, not almost cleared townie giving me their thoughts

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
kat who are you looking at now? i had a good idea of where your head was at d4 (3? whatever) when you listed gheb as your first suspect and swords as your second but theyre both dead now. not liking how you started off this day

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Because there are ways Cacti could have responded that would have made me have a better read on him, and you shot it down by responding to it so when he does eventually respond he can just parrot what you said if he is scum? Responses to accusations are one of the most useful scumhunting tools around, and you just removed any possibility to gain anything from him by responding to something directed at him. I know you're not mafia, but if you weren't so close to cleared answering things directed at others only harms town if you're town, or makes you look scummy. Had Cacti answered say "well, mafia was obviously trying to frame me by killing Kevin" don't you think that would have given a good read? In fact, the reason I made that accusation as I did was to try and bait a response like that from him. It matters a lot, because what you did destroyed any possibility of gaining info on Cacti from the accusation I made against him.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
@Pierre: Well let's take a look at what's revealed so far in comparison with what we have here:

This whole idea will be based entirely on 'flavour': (ooooo UK spelling go me)

Firstly I believe it's pretty much a Phoenix Wright, Maya Fey and Gumshoe trio. Phoenix Wright (I'm 90% sure) would be the last role that's mafia-aligned. I'm also confident because Phoenix Wright himself would surely be a character in a phoenix wright mafia game, no?

Let's look at the current confirmed townies (the number represents their debut episode):

AA............[Dee Vasquez (3) / Manfred Von Karma (4)]
T&T...........[Luke Atmey (2)]
JFA...........[Mimi Miney (2) / Acro (3)]

Current claims:

AA...........[Mr Sawit (1) / Damon Gant (5)]
T&T..........[Dahlia Hawthorne (1)]
JFA..........[Franziska Von Karma (2) / Matt Engarde (4)]

First... I think we need to establish the oddities:

Based on the trend that townies are criminals then Franziska Von Karma would be the immediate claim here that stands out as suspicious.

Pierre if you're Dahlia Hawthorne then I can see Cacti's role PM being somewhat true based on a pattern. There are 2 criminals (you and I) from a case 1, 2 from 2, 2 from 3, 2 from 4, and only 1 from a case 5. This would be Damon Gant.

Franziska isn't a criminal so wasn't counted.

Note: It could be in lieu with the restricting amount of cases from T&T, which was 4. Scum and edgeworth are main characters that debut in a lot of episodes, so are not case-unique, as I expected which, again, is the same as Franziska.

So based entirely on flavour... one of Marshy or Mentos are lying about their claims. I was very scared to take this further, but I'm almost certain something feels very 'off'. I've given tells to how I feel about this before:

I get a big vibe amongst the power roles that someone is not who they have claimed to be... I'm asking generally @town if anyone else shares similar vibes.

_

@Marshy: what do you mean :? What exactly aren't you liking about my play toDay?
_

@Cacti: I'm not going to take a solely 'flavoured' approach to this game. You act clueless about Gheb post
#1303 and how you failed to respond to my post #1308 properly... I don't like this. Especially with how deranged gheb was about lynching riddle and going after me. Your cluelessness rubs off as defending him here to me. I'm expecting a reply!
_

I'd like to hear what town says before I pursue making any votes of my own!

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
You say you aren't going to take a flavor approach, when your entire post is based around flavor? Really Kata? Also, in case you hadn't noticed, both scum who have been lynched had reasonable and un-cc'd claims: a heavy indication that scum was given safe-claims. You are basing a big argument solely on the assumption that Scumfever would make a game in which a mass name-claim would break the game wide open, which I highly doubt. Don't like the massive case based on flavor followed by "I'm not going to take a solely 'flavoured' approach to this game." Didn't like you for town yesterday. You're my lean at the moment after that post, because there was a blatant contradiction within a single post.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
I'm not assuming anything mentos - what I did was objective based entirely on flavour... All the current townies are killers. All the current townies suggest a pair.

Drawn from this... it's only very logical to assume yourself and marshy stand out as oddities. That is the only observation I made.
Limiting approaches is not pro-town to me... Unless you're nervous, I fail to see how this is scummy. And now... well... now you've declared you're pretty much after me. There's an element of OMGUS there if I'm not mistaken. I didn't even vote lol. I'll be rereading a lot of what you have to say.

I have a lot of posting space, I can make a lot of points in a single post. Note: I said 'I'm not solely taking a flavoured approach'. There was no contradiction, just another point to supplement my thoughts. I'm still very much suspicious of Cacti as I was before and I'm continuing to question everyone.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Kata, it's not OMGUS when I've clearly stated beforehand you are one of my top two suspects. That post gave me a little bit of a lean toward you over Cacti due to trying to make a case on flavor, which is never a good way to make a case, but I have clearly stated my suspicions of you for a couple days now including prior to your post stating I felt it was you or Cacti. Don't go calling OMGUS where it doesn't exist.

Also, if you have some non-flavor cases, go ahead and make them. There was a tiny bit that isn't related to flavor in that post, and it's not only against one of the two people you said "are lying about their claims," and in fact I feel that is the least thought out part of your post, as if you threw it in there to prevent being called on only using flavor.

And limiting approaches is good sometimes. Barring a MAJOR outlier(see my claim of Regulus Black in HP mafia) it is never a good idea to try to base cases on flavor. Flavor is not the best thing to rely on, and I'd ask you this: who do you find most scummy overall? And, do you not realize the fundamental flaw in the flavor argument you just made?

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Nope - the flavour observation was more one-off and illustrative, of course it's going to need a bit more space than questions and interrogation that can be done over many more posts. That doesn't make the latter any less meaningful so I really don't accept your point that parts of my post were 'less thought out'.

You've mentioned the possibility it's unwise to base a case on flavour... that's fair enough. I didn't actually make a vote on anyone. I will, however, be re-reading your posts and others to notice anything unusual.

Still, I can't be in denial lol. I do find it too coincidental that every single townie so far is guilty in the phoenix wright franchise. There's no subjectivity in this possibility at all. It's only logical for me to assume that people fake claiming anything but phoenix wright himself might just slip up and claim something that doesn't correlate.

Sorry... I shouldn't use acronyms! By OMGUS I meant you seemed to get a little passive-aggressive with the whole 'that's it... you're above cacti now in my suspect list and there's nothing you can do'. It seemed pretty decisive. Exactly how strong was your case against me yesterDay? As far as I'm aware a dice was being thrown at me, cacti and gheb.
_

I might not have thought this part through.... but Cacti I'd love for you to reply to me please. You've been really quiet!

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
@Marshy: what do you mean :? What exactly aren't you liking about my play toDay?
not telling you how to adjust your play scummo

also who else would manfred von karma be in a masonry with other than his daughter? how can i be lying about this?

also how is kataefi pronounced? kuh-TAY-fee?

looking forward to your thoughts that dont involve flavor

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
VOTE COUNT

Not Voting: Kataefi, Marshy, Mentosman8, Cacti, Pierre

DEADLINE IS THE LAST SECOND OF 1/17 EST

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Sorry for being so inactive recently... will make a post later on tonight or tomorrow to address everyone's (well, Marshy's) stuff and to ask more questions!

Pierre the Scarecrow

Grasping at Straws
The main question in my head is whether or not Gheb would have been bussing Kataefi in this situation. Gheb was pushing for Kataefi pretty hard. If it was a bus, the Kataefi is our last scum. If we determine that it does not look like a bus, then the scum is in Cacti + Mentosman.

Honestly, I'm still looking at Mentosman for the last scum.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Honestly, I'm still looking at Mentosman for the last scum.
ive considered this...mentos as scum would be phoenix wright. so why would phoenix wright be a paranoid cop? is there a reason for phoenix wright to be a paranoid cop? if hes not a scum paranoid cop then he fabricated the whole claim along with the breadcrumbs since d1? mmm

but then if cacti is scum then why that flavor at the end of d2? (for the record scumfever/ronike please dont do this flavor nonsense in any other games you mod because it just makes things needlessly confusing and affects gameplay)

so thatd mean gheb bussed kat hardbody? even though he was so lenient with rockin? ghebs kat attack initially screamed gg v bg to me

also cacti? itd be nice to hear more from you considering im pretty sure you have yet to do **** this game and are largely alive because of flavorhunting

rereading this again on weekend

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
I'll try and be brief in this post.

@Pierre - You're pretty much a confirmed townie by shooting SRB, yet Gheb also laid into you, not nearly quite as much as he did me, but he was throwing around accusations as to how you might not be the town vig we all think. Those are big, drawnout accusations. Don't get me wrong, I'm not accusing you - what I'm saying is if there's going to suspicion that Gheb is 'bussing' me, then we need to explain exactly why he laid into other people almost as much.

I put bussing in quotes btw. Why? Because of my first impression of Gheb (this being my first game with him). I find him pretty hateful and quick to judge. I think he enjoys driving the nail into someone's coffin. Sorry if you read this gheb, but I'd say it's more characteristic of your overall general playstyle to appear like your bussing someone (really going after them) than it is your town-specific or scum-specific playstyle. I hope this is a valid point to make.

I want to know just generally so I can have some background info as I continue re-reading: is this how gheb normally is? Because in left4scum he seems this way as well.

This is the only explanation I can offer as to why I think Gheb was onto Riddle and thus onto me. With all things considered, he pretty much completely ignored everything about me yet still tried to kill me.

___

Non-flavour stuff: cacti/mentos.

Mentos:

Firstly it's the claim - I find with the town cop dead... it's a pretty clever claim to make. It generates this air of uncertainty. Exactly what flavour is your role? Insane? Paranoid? Who knows?! But it keeps you secure from Day lynches for an extra few Days so people can definitely check if your role could be of any use.

I'm fully aware that there's a possibility scum may have set you up, but you haven't died from a Nightkill considering the potential behind your claim before the flavour of it was apparent... as far as I'm aware Kevin vocally mentioned in the thread he was either protecting himself or marshy. This is the reason I asked those questions earlier toDay that Marshy thought were useless, I wanted to see how you and Cacti in particular answered them. Regardless... there still holds the possibility that you haven't been setup at all.

Finally - the character flavour oddity in your claim... yes I understand it doesn't mean much but it does correlate with my uncertainties about you being a paranoid cop in the first place. Then of course came the 'omg kata you're top of my list now!' post... which came off as very defensive to me.

Cacti:

Where are you? I'm questioning you and you're not answering.

There's a lot of things I find scummy. Firstly I found what mentos said about your governing actions interesting. You never gave a response and I'm very interested in hearing it. Also if you could answer my past questions that would be really good too.

I was re-reading:

I reaeeeeally got bad impressions here, especially:

I believe him, but I think he's paranoid.

I think that we should lynch one of Mentosman's reports
There's a contradiction - you thought mentos was paranoid so you assumed he would get a guilty result everytime. Yet you thought it was pro-town to then try and get a guilty person lynched? That's quite counter-productive to your assumptions at the time, all in a single post. I felt off by that.

Also... you pushing to lynch from a cop's inconclusive judgment is more scum to me than town. Anything you have to say about this? I'm surprised I didn't pick up on it at the time but I don't think I was very active then.

Also... you were vocal D1. What happened?

____

@Marshy: The von karmas are never seen speaking to each other. Is it confirmed that Manfred was a mason also? Or did that player die before they could make it public knowledge to town? It's possible I missed a post.

Don't know if you'll find this interesting either but in a lot of the cases of this franchise, there's a climax where the person Wright is defending will be declared guilty. On many occasions, Wright defies the odds and yells objection - he stops the guilty verdict about to be given. What I'm saying is, there's a definite flavour possibility that Phoenix Wright could be a governor.

But it depends on how far we should be willing to go with all the flavour stuff.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
still not telling me pronunciation?

@Marshy: The von karmas are never seen speaking to each other. Is it confirmed that Manfred was a mason also? Or did that player die before they could make it public knowledge to town? It's possible I missed a post.

Don't know if you'll find this interesting either but in a lot of the cases of this franchise, there's a climax where the person Wright is defending will be declared guilty. On many occasions, Wright defies the odds and yells objection - he stops the guilty verdict about to be given. What I'm saying is, there's a definite flavour possibility that Phoenix Wright could be a governor.
but who else would manfred von karma be in a masonry with?

circus talking about being a mason

id be voting cacti right now if it wasnt for the end of d2. you said phoenix wright yells objection but at the end of d2 cacti stopped the lynch and scumfever mentioned him (not specifically cacti but no one cc'd his governor claim) pulling out his cellphone which stopped the kevin lynch backing up cactis matt enguarde claim. if cacti is scum then scumfevah mustve lied to us about the flavor

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Hmmmm.... could you link me marshy? I've just got to the end of the thread on my reread... or just tell me the page.

Also sorry... Kataefi is pronounced Kata-Iffy :)

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
brilliant!

here is truths' claim when he was wagoned near a lynch d1:

I didn't want it to come to this, but I feel as if I need to claim in order to open people's eyes. My character is Manfred von Karma, and I am currently in a mason with another player who has kept himself hidden and breadcrumbed our alliance. We do not have the ability to recruit other players, so it is just us two. This'll leave the mafia having to deal with WIFOM every night...and eventually, my partner will come clean and reveal himself as another townie. Let's hop off of my wagon for now...
My partner's role is also that of a Phoenix Wright villain. If your theory about the villains being the town and the heroes (Phoenix Wright, Maya, Pearl, etc.) being mafia scum is right, then I'm confident that he is town as well.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Okay cool... thanks for pointing that out to me. It's pretty decisive as well.

This would make you the only prosecutor TOWNIE. You are the only one there not a criminal. This would make Damon Gant the 'off' character now based on the number of characters on each case... if you want details on this character just ask.

How confident are you about Mentos' 'flavour'? Is flavour worth focusing on? I'm getting doubted by mentos and I'm getting signals about the importance of flavour from you, so I don't know.

Also please link me to Cacti's flavour thing you mentioned.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
im not confident about cactis flavor for stopping the lynch...flavor is just unreliable and a lame way to make conclusions but it might be right here

FINAL DAY 2 VOTE COUNT

Pierre [1] : KevinM
KevinM [6] : Macman, Mentosman, Gheb, Rockin, Swords, Marshy
Rockin [3] : Circus, Cacti, Pierre
Not Voting: Riddle

You all approach Kevin, ready to cast him out. Then suddenly, someone pops out in front of him

"LIIKE NO DUDES! I think you're lynching the wrong guy. I'm going to put a stop to this"

The man that popped out in front of Kevin whips out his phone.

"NO WAIT WAIT...urg, it's too late...fine." You all agree with the man.

THE LYNCH HAS BEEN STOPPED

NIGHT 2 HAS BEGUN, ALL NIGHT ACTINOS ARE DUE TO ME BY THE LAST SECOND OF 12/2 EST!

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
That's definitely not phoenix wright!

I don't know... I'm still looking at Cacti for my non-flavour reasons above. Looking more at mentos...

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Kata: First of all, if you just re-read the game, you saw my play D1, the absolute least helpful I have ever been in a mafia game, solely because my pm said I was cop and I wanted to make sure I lived. Do you really think I would do something that risky so that, if on the off chance the cop were killed, I could push a guilty the next day, then make my cop claim the day after that? Really, your whole thought there relies on the fact that I knew a cop would die N1 and I could come in claiming to be a second one.

As for the scum setting up... What? Sure, there was potential that I could be useful, but Mac was considered one of the most townie players in the game by a few people by N3, and hence a good kill, but by the time I claimed I had guilties on two separate players who they knew were not scum. At that point I think it was definitely looking like paranoid, and furthermore(upon my research of my character since I began to doubt the insane possibility), insane cop is almost a perfect fit of a role for Damon Gant. If mafia had more experience with characters than I did when I thought I might be insane, it would make sense to kill a more highly considered townie over a likely paranoid cop. Now, seeing as I think you are the most likely mafiat, D4 comes and I get a guilty on you, if I am right it is now completely confirmed to mafia that I am paranoid, so why bother killing me?

As for your comment about the "defensiveness," As I just reminded you, I investigated you N3. Why? Because you were one of my top suspicions at the time. All day yesterday I pushed the fact that two of the three of you, Cacti, and Gheb were likely our remaining scum. The fact that you made a huge post made on flavor was sure enough to put you over Cacti in suspicion, and not defensive at all. Don't see how it's possible to consider it a scumtell that I confirmed someone who has been one of my suspects since at least D3 was at the top of my list after they made one of the worst pseudo-scumhunting posts I've seen all game.

Now, what I find interesting about your play is that you hadn't voiced any suspicion on me until I started saying I was strongly supportive of a lynch of you or Gheb. It seems you had no problem with my claim, until I pointed out that scum almost definitely lie between you/Cacti/Gheb, then slightly questioned. Also important note of what I saw yesterday, is you asked ALMOST the exact same questions yesterday, and upon my responses never said you didn't like them. Then, you bring up almost the same thing today, despite me already responding to you.

I've felt the RiddleKat scum vibe since D3, and it hasn't changed. His posts today have not impeded that feeling whatsoever. Unless Scumfever was a *******-mod flavor wise, Cacti seems to look good at the moment. Marshy was both Truth/Circus' mason partner, has looked heavily townie for a while now, and after looking at the character, while not a criminal, seems a very good candidate for town. Pierre is confirmed town pretty much. I see no other reasonable option here.

Vote: Kataefi

Time to make it official.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh, and also forgot another reason: Kat was one of Kevin's top two suspects yesterday, and now that he's confirmed town, I feel good trusting his judgement. My thoughts and his lining up makes me a lot more confident on my read of Kat

Pierre the Scarecrow

Grasping at Straws
Policy towards lurkers is extremely lax here. In an effort to bring some serious business policy to SWF, if Cacti does not post in two days to catch up and actually spit game, I will request a lynch on him, even though I suspect Mentosman more than Cacti.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Pierre, why do you suspect me? I mean, the ONLY case that has been built on me I have responded well to, and I'm really just not sure why I've just jumped to the head of your suspect line(and why Kata has jumped out of it)

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Very sorry for another large post but all my points are here so get reading =p
_

Mentos that's EXACTLY it - the contradiction is that you were very unhelpful D1... a cop did die N1 - and then you come out with your role claim.

As you put it yourself... you were the most unhelpful you've ever been - there's a great motive there to counter that by claiming a town PR who could have proven useful.

Let me just say - there should be no notion that mafia play is fixed, anyone has the potential to mould their play depending on the current circumstances - I'm saying one wouldn't need to rely hitting specifically a cop N1... it could have been any town PR... a vanilla townie etc... it's scum's priority to capitalise on a good situation and luckily killing the town cop was a good situation you could have possibly capitalised on with your claim. See where I'm getting at?

That and your 'unhelpfulness' would have restored the faith needed for you to survive in this game, and it's working.

Now... the fact is... you were vocal about your role D2 was it? Why didn't you ensure your flavour as a cop first by keeping quiet? Being vocal as a cop (an uncertain at one) would have placed you as a prime target for Night Kills by scum - why would scum afford to let you know what flavour you were? What if you proved to be useful as a town PR? (which never happened btw...). This is why I'm a tad bit suspicious of you claiming your role early.

This is what I mean when I say setting up - you can retaliate and say, well yes Mafia knows I'm a cop now so they'd keep me alive during the Night to... set me up as not being who I am. But why would this occur when the threat of you finding something bigger is much larger?

Also I believe Kevin mentioned protecting himself and Marshy purposefully over the Nights - this meant you were a claimed potential town PR who was vulnerable in the Night yet didn't die and you could have found out something dangerous to scum - no offence but that in itself is quite suspicious to me - it just doesn't look good to me mentos.

Yet again... claiming to be a cop without any certainty, in an extreme sense, practically made you immune to Day lynches because players were keen to discover if you could have been useful. That's you alive for an extra few Days based on how unhelpful you were earlier.

I just find it the perfect claim to make. Damon Gant was chief of police btw... why he would be a 'secondary' cop so to speak is beyond me but you've established that making a case from flavour is dangerous.

NOTE: I really don't like these:

Oh, and also forgot another reason: Kat was one of Kevin's top two suspects yesterday, and now that he's confirmed town, I feel good trusting his judgement. My thoughts and his lining up makes me a lot more confident on my read of Kat
Unsurprisingly, another guilty investigation. If I'm right, we've got another 2 shots to hit what should be our final scum, and I'm relatively confident it's between Cacti and Kata. Marshy, who are you thinking?

Vote: Kataefi

Time to make it official.
I think you're in a hurry to get this Day ended.

I don't like how you called out to Marshy only (despite Pierre being one of the most confirmed townies) as if Marshy will quickly say something and everyone suddenly sheeps it so you can potentially nail someone dead. Especially when only 3 players are needed to kill someone this time. I think that was just ill-intent.

I really don't like how you've called out to the late Kev and said just because he's town it sort of blesses your thoughts as definite town-thinking (would this classify as WIFOM then?). Oh and let's not forget, he was also suspicious of you.

I don't like how you want to make it 'official' when a) you're case against me yesterDay was what? b) the current circumstances now are very cloudy - you had something against Cacti yet you seem to have completely dropped it now, and c) it seems drastically different from the calm/collected and reasonable mentos we're used to. I'm sensing pressure.

Mentos, outline this:

- what exactly was your case against me yesterDay? Something concrete would be nice!
- why haven't you considered that Kevin was talking about his suspects as being one or the other? NOTE: there was a lot of talk at how the lynch flip yesterDay could be useful. So:
- What does Gheb's flip tell you? And:
- If Gheb's flips is conclusive that I am scum then you can now respond to what I wrote to Pierre about Gheb in
this post. Thanks!

Cacti

Smash Journeyman
Alright, my main suspicion right now would be Mentos. This is based on the fact that I think that Mentos vs Kataefi is T vs S, and after re-reading the thread, Kataefi was getting attacked a lot by Gheb, and Rockin some too. I do not think that in any way Gheb vs Kataefi could be an argument staged by scum, it was just too long and dragged out.

At the end of day three, Mentos is seemingly scrambling to try to find a different lynch candidate than Rockin. When he first saw the Rockin wagon get going, he tried to start one on Macman (which Rockin tried to do at the end as a last defense, I might add), and trying to shed suspicion on Marshy's claim by saying that he's not completely cleared. He says that he'll vote Rockin, but he never does, trying to stall for his mafia buddy. He has also had minimal to no interaction to Rockin, and not much with Gheb either. Just some mini-arguments which I could see being S vs S, and him hammering at the end of day four, which probably he had to have done or else to risk looking scummy.

As for his claim, I think that the whole thing could have been a mafia gambit. Claiming cop then paranoid cop is a great way to net a mislynch on someone you want dead - use your "mafia" report once, then claim paranoid after that, letting you off without a scumtell. It also could have been invented to excuse his inactivity on day one, or been planned from the start.

Not to mention that Kataefi's posts also have lots of merit. I also thought that when he mentioned that Kevin thought that RiddleKat was scum, that was just there to nudge people to lynch Kataefi, and was not needed at all.

@Kataefi, about that quote, what I meant was that it was the most likely possibility, although I was not sure of it, and wanted to test it still. At the time, I was also using it to kill two birds with one stone, as I had been suspicious of his guilties at the time.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Very sorry for another large post but all my points are here so get reading =p
_

1Mentos that's EXACTLY it - the contradiction is that you were very unhelpful D1... a cop did die N1 - and then you come out with your role claim.

As you put it yourself... you were the most unhelpful you've ever been - there's a great motive there to counter that by claiming a town PR who could have proven useful.

Let me just say - there should be no notion that mafia play is fixed, anyone has the potential to mould their play depending on the current circumstances - I'm saying one wouldn't need to rely hitting specifically a cop N1... it could have been any town PR... a vanilla townie etc... it's scum's priority to capitalise on a good situation and luckily killing the town cop was a good situation you could have possibly capitalised on with your claim. See where I'm getting at?

That and your 'unhelpfulness' would have restored the faith needed for you to survive in this game, and it's working.

2Now... the fact is... you were vocal about your role D2 was it? Why didn't you ensure your flavour as a cop first by keeping quiet? Being vocal as a cop (an uncertain at one) would have placed you as a prime target for Night Kills by scum - why would scum afford to let you know what flavour you were? What if you proved to be useful as a town PR? (which never happened btw...). This is why I'm a tad bit suspicious of you claiming your role early.

This is what I mean when I say setting up - you can retaliate and say, well yes Mafia knows I'm a cop now so they'd keep me alive during the Night to... set me up as not being who I am. But why would this occur when the threat of you finding something bigger is much larger?

3Also I believe Kevin mentioned protecting himself and Marshy purposefully over the Nights - this meant you were a claimed potential town PR who was vulnerable in the Night yet didn't die and you could have found out something dangerous to scum - no offence but that in itself is quite suspicious to me - it just doesn't look good to me mentos.

4Yet again... claiming to be a cop without any certainty, in an extreme sense, practically made you immune to Day lynches because players were keen to discover if you could have been useful. That's you alive for an extra few Days based on how unhelpful you were earlier.

5I just find it the perfect claim to make. Damon Gant was chief of police btw... why he would be a 'secondary' cop so to speak is beyond me but you've established that making a case from flavour is dangerous.

NOTE: I really don't like these:

6I think you're in a hurry to get this Day ended.

7I don't like how you called out to Marshy only (despite Pierre being one of the most confirmed townies) as if Marshy will quickly say something and everyone suddenly sheeps it so you can potentially nail someone dead. Especially when only 3 players are needed to kill someone this time. I think that was just ill-intent.

8I really don't like how you've called out to the late Kev and said just because he's town it sort of blesses your thoughts as definite town-thinking (would this classify as WIFOM then?). Oh and let's not forget, he was also suspicious of you.

9I don't like how you want to make it 'official' when a) you're case against me yesterDay was what? b) the current circumstances now are very cloudy - you had something against Cacti yet you seem to have completely dropped it now, and c) it seems drastically different from the calm/collected and reasonable mentos we're used to. I'm sensing pressure.

Mentos, outline this:

Q1- what exactly was your case against me yesterDay? Something concrete would be nice!
Q2- why haven't you considered that Kevin was talking about his suspects as being one or the other? NOTE: there was a lot of talk at how the lynch flip yesterDay could be useful. So:
Q3- What does Gheb's flip tell you? And:
Q4- If Gheb's flips is conclusive that I am scum then you can now respond to what I wrote to Pierre about Gheb in
this post. Thanks!
Numbers added for easy reference to which point I am referring to.

1. Your point is instantly made moot, because I didn't just "come out" with my cop claim. I got a guilty on Kevin, and pushed a lynch on him using nothing but my analysis of his posts. While it may have been somewhat swayed by looking to push his case, the only thing I did on D2 was push a lynch of a potential scum, with the help of several other townies who believed so as well, to see if my sanity would flip. While I did breadcrumb numerous times on D2, I didn't ever claim till D3.

The next part of this point about it being a way to counter the unhelpfulness by claiming a PR, I'm not sure how that makes sense. First of all, I completely ignored commenting on the game for pretty much 3/4s of the first day(I know you weren't involved, but I hope you would have realized my direct avoidance of comment on anything more than mechanically related for a long period), which is an extreme version of a relatively common play of town PR's to allow themselves to look suspicious to dodge the night kill: especially when they're a well known player and a potential N1 target. When it got too far and people were starting to think of me in a potential lynch light, I turned it around and really started being helpful and putting my thoughts out there. I didn't avoid a lynch by claiming a PR, I did it by playing townie.

Your third portion of this relies once again on me claiming D2 and getting out of a lynch. D1 there were only maybe 3 people who were ready and willing to lynch me, a couple other lesser suspicions spread out which is why I made a concerted effort to turn it around. By the end of D2(prior to my claim mind you) the two major people who suspected me(Macman and Marshy) were no longer voicing me as a major suspicion any more. My play turnaround is what saved me, not my claim(although I am sure that helped on D3 lower the suspicions even more, it was NOT the reason I avoided being lynched). This whole point is based on the assumption that I claimed D2, and with the fact that that is not the case, the argument falls to pieces, and it looks a lot more like you tried to bend things to your argument instead of using the facts.

2. Your second point once again bases itself on my claim being D2, which is false, and quite clearly laid out in my previous post you just responded to. Get your facts straight before making arguments involving them. Fact of the matter is, I DID try to figure out my potential sanity before claiming: When I pushed the lynch on Kevin without ever claiming cop. I returned a guilty, and not knowing the character but only the basic info given in my PM, I felt I was a good candidate for sane cop and Omni was some other sanity. At the end of the day, the lynch was pushed, but stopped upon my waiting to see if I was sane or not by Cacti. This ended up accomplishing the same thing essentially however, with Kevin being Un CC'd doc it was clear I wasn't sane, and naive was already ruled out. At this point I was almost positive, as I stated in my claim, that I was insane or paranoid.

Now, as for the framing part, why does it even HAVE to be framing for me to be town and not nightkilled. There are so many other explanations it's not even funny. I'm not going to go into them all, but suffice to say that leaving me alive N3 on purpose would be a pretty strong scum move in several possible outcomes.

3. First of all, scum doesn't know if Kevin is telling the truth or not. I've seen doctor's say they're going to protect one person, go with another and block a kill that scum thought was safe. People's words don't always translate to their actions. Secondly, you are back on the "not dying means framed or fake!" that you had in the last point, which is just flat out wrong. Also, I've been on the scum side of facing a claimed, and known doctor. Twice. It isn't a simple "they said/hinted they were going to protect X, so any other player must be a safe kill" situation, it is very hard to trust claimed doc actions as scum, so it would have been a risk to go after me, with Kevin specifically leaving me as potential target.

4. And now you pretty much restate what you said in the first point in slightly different words. So I'll say again: I did have about a 50/50 certainty when I claimed, and avoided the lynch because I proved I was useful regardless of my role, not because I was a claimed cop with another dead.

5. Actually, since you seem to know quite a bit about the game, I'm not sure why you would see him as a sane cop. I haven't played the game, but by reading the story associated with the character, I would say flavor points quite directly at Gant being a paranoid cop. There is a reason he's no longer chief of police after all. Also, if we're using character flavor in this point, if you look at Omni's character's history, he fits the role of sane cop pretty well. I think it's pretty clear that Gant would be a cop, and to respond to your flavor comment, the only way it makes sense for him to be a sane cop is if you disregard his entire story of why he is the EX chief of police.

6. I'm in a hurry to end the day? My first vote in the entire day came a few days into the day when it had already been made quite clear who I planned on voting.

7. Why have you never called Marshy out for asking someone who the play is? Fact of the matter is, I trust Marshy's scumdar very strongly, and with him as one of the two most confirmed townies, and was active enough I could see his opinion and compare it to my own quickly.

8. Did I say it made my thoughts "definite town thinking"? No, I didn't. I just said that Kev's thoughts lining up with my own made ME more confident in my reads. Kev is one of the other players in this game that, when town, I put a lot of faith into. To see him listing you as one of his top two suspicions yesterday encouraged, once again, ME that I wasn't letting some disagreements with your methods and flavor affect me too much. Don't make me sound like I was saying I was obv. town just because Kev agreed. Oh, and while Kevin did suspect me a bit at points, at the end of the day he was in the same line of thought as me and Marshy: that there were two scum between you, Cacti, and Gheb.

9. I've been mentioning suspicion of you/Riddle for a few days now. I see no reason to restate it all, especially considering you claim to have just re-read paying special attention to my posts, you should already know what I've said, and what other cases on you said, off hand. If you are not just skimming, there is no reason for me to restate the case on you.

How is it cloudy, I've already mentioned that your fashioning a post solely on flavor tipped the scales in your flavor. Also, Cacti was gone/V/LA, so why would I not focus on someone actually actively responding?

It seems... What? How is different than I normally play? Because I made a vote? Am I suspicious when I vote now or what? It was clear at that point that I would be voting you, I had stated my suspicion of you for multiple days, and there was no reason to beat around the bush by pushing you and not voting.

Q1: You already asked this question in point 9, and I responded as such my thoughts on the matter. To reiterate, there have been several people suspicious of you, some of which are confirmed town now, and there have been several legitimate points brought up against you. If you've really re-read the game lately, you know the cases already. Beyond that, I've made a new one against you today: One that you have completely ignored and instead simply continued attacking me.

Q2: Does it matter? In fact, if you look at Kevin's talk yesterday, he said you were the more suspicious of the two to him, and that he was fine with either lynch. Honestly it doesn't matter if he meant it that way, the only reason I brought Kevin up was that he reinforced to me that suspicion on you wasn't misled(at least not entirely), not that "he said he's suspicious so Kata must be scum!"

Q3: Gheb's flip tells me simply that Gheb is scum. While I do see disconnection from you two, it is not that much in your favor because Gheb plays very aggressive when town, and I could see him being just as aggressive in an attempt to disconnect himself from a scum partner. Also, if you notice, Gheb was very strongly pushing Pierre's lynch yesterday, not yours. In fact, the argument between you two seemed to both become secondary and slow down a lot after people said they didn't see you/Gheb as a scum pairing.

Q4: It's not conclusive that you are scum, so question is unanswerable because the premise is not the case.

Cacti, I got ninja'd by you, but I'm going to have to respond to your post tomorrow. I've got work in about 6.5 hours and need to get to sleep soon, so I won't have time tonight to make a well thought out response. One thing I do have to ask: After reading through this post, do you really think Kata had some "good points" after I've pointed out major flaws with several of them?

I may also put up some more direct points against Kata tomorrow, although I have already mentioned a few including:

1. Changing the day of my claim in majority of his cases
2. Twisting my words about when I mentioned Kev's suspicions to his own means
3. Disregards the fact that my PR claim wasn't the reason I wasn't lynched.

And the one response to Cacti I want to get up right away: You call me out for not voting Rockin, yet the same applies to Kata. In fact, he was completely absent during the whole period leading up to the Rockin lynch. I was absent for the less than 45 minutes between Rockin's claim and Marshy's hammer. Not to mention, that my vote on Macman was A. when the lynch was clearly going Rockin, B. Made to pressure him to get his thoughts on scum that didn't include Kevin. If you notice, I stopped voting him when I understood his answer to that, and that was clearly the point of my attack on him, to pressure into looking into something that didn't involve Kevin, in part because I found him somewhat scummy, and in part because if he died, since I trusted Kevin, it would let me see his opinion on others, and I like townie-Mac's opinions^.^

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
@Mentos:
1. Changing the day of my claim in majority of his cases
Now... the fact is... you were vocal about your role D2 was it?
Apologies I got the Day mixed up. NOTE: all my points still remain - you may throw this whole 'get your facts straight' argument right back at me but the underlying principle of you claiming after the town cop dead, is still there. It once again goes back to this:
...which, coincidentally, is exactly what you failed to comment on despite it being one of the root points of my claim against you.
_

2. Twisting my words about when I mentioned Kev's suspicions to his own means
No - I'm sorry but making a point against me and then double posting and saying 'oh btw KEVIN ALSO THOUGHT THIS AND HE WAS TOWN' is exactly the type of quick defence scum attitude I'd expect. That with your callouts to Marshy only, your whole 'time to make it official' attitude as if wanting to end the Day quickly, using a dead claimed townie's suspicions to suddenly back you up without considering what they possibly could have meant even at a crucial point in the game - what more can I say? I can say a lot more:
the only reason I brought Kevin up was that he reinforced to me that suspicion on you wasn't misled

It supplements the above. A) You failed to answer my question. B) You've decided it's not important.

Essentially, you're pushing based on your own suspicions and you're supplementing this with Kevin's likely 'one-or-the-other-attitude' yesterDay to further your point.

Something's off here...
What exactly were Kevin's thoughts aside from 'like... we should lynch kat like... or gheb... either wagon is fine like'? (I can bring up countless examples). I fail to see what was so substantial about Kevin's thoughts that would reassure your own or make them any less different to others who were also considering myself and gheb (cacti was in the mix) for the lynch.

You know what I think Mentos? I'm thinking it had nothing to do with Kevin's actual suspicions in the first place - you would have answered my question otherwise. I think you're using Kevin's metagaming success at finding scum along with the fact he is town this game to convince the rest of us you are correct therefore we must lynch Kat. It has nothing to do with your personal self-esteem - you're desperate to convince town because you don't want to be wagoned yourself.

Here's an interesting exchange:

Mentos/Pierre Agreement

Mentos you take into consideration here that one of the two (myself and gheb) is scum and you agree with Pierre.

Because of this... despite it being on record there's a possibility you think EITHER me or Gheb are scum and not the other, why do you deny this possibility toDay in favour of dead Kevin's suspicions? Why have you dropped your questioning of Cacti? Is it because I've called you out?
_

3. Disregards the fact that my PR claim wasn't the reason I wasn't lynched.
To conlude my case against you here: there is a motive from your 'worst play' (as you put it) moment in D1. There are benefits for you to set people up and avoid Day lynches from. Yes you claimed many times you could have been this that or the other but it was never EXACT. The other points still stand.

It's not that I've disregarded, it's that I've regarded another possibility that I think is stronger, which is exactly why I'm pressing you on it.
_

And the one response to Cacti I want to get up right away: You call me out for not voting Rockin, yet the same applies to Kata. In fact, he was completely absent during the whole period leading up to the Rockin lynch. I was absent for the less than 45 minutes between Rockin's claim and Marshy's hammer.
This is a silly point to make! We're on completely different timezones!

@Cacti:

I got ninja'd by Marshy, Pierre and Scumfever. I was going to hammer Rockin.
_

Also, if you notice, Gheb was very strongly pushing Pierre's lynch yesterday, not yours. In fact, the argument between you two seemed to both become secondary and slow down a lot after people said they didn't see you/Gheb as a scum pairing.
Really?

Gheb goes for me or mentions me in all these posts:

Finally his last post of the Day:

He mentions Pierre being scummy also, but to say he pushed for Pierre's lynch more than mine is really scrambling for any point you can conjure up to go against my case for you mentos. I think you might need to rethink and reread.
_

Things can get very clouded with long posts. Mentos if you could highlight your new case against me toDay that would be good.

Also... I really don't think your case yesterDay was strong at all. I think you were flipping a coin between myself, cacti and gheb to be perfectly honest. I can bring up examples if you'd like but I'd invite town to really look at Mentos' apparent strong case against me in previous Days. This is why I wanted you to be more concise and concrete when I asked you the question, which you didn't really answer.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
First of all, the part that I "failed to comment on" was predominately a game theory post. NO WAI! Mafia play isn't fixed? Well that's news to me! Honestly though, I don't know how you would expect me to argue a game theory post that is not in question.

It seems like you completely ignored my past posts. I made it extremely laid out why I said everything I did, yet you bring up the same points with no reference to the defenses I've given. Repeating the exact same arguments without adjusting them for/acknowledging the defenses given is not going to catch scum if you are town, and make you look scummy in the process. In fact, it appears that you skimmed my post, found the answers to your questions and my brief bullet points against you, and responded to that.

And yes, I did answer your question. It doesn't matter which Kevin meant, because either way he DID find you suspicious. While this doesn't equate to OMG LYNCH KATA! it is enough to give myself some encouragement that a player who's opinions I hold very strongly also thought you were suspicious. You said yourself, mafia play isn't fixed, so why does it matter whether he meant both of you or one? Things change, and the only point of the comment was that it made me(myself, I, insert first person pronoun) a bit more confident in my own suspicions.

And once again you twist my words! Let me quote the post for you with some emphasis.

Also, Pierre, I was thinking that, but I feel at least one of the two is definitely scum, and we have one ml left most likely. If one flips town, it's likely the other and Cacti.
I said at LEAST one of you two was scum. I never said that definitely one or the other is scum. I also specifically said IF one of you flipped town, it was likely Cacti. The post you quoted is actually me on record that I wanted to lynch the two of you.

To your next point, really? I purposely made myself play without commenting on the game, not to be bussed, not to cause disconnections, no, I did it so that I could claim a PR in the future and try to erase it all! That's a wonderfully sense making move. "No guys, don't bus me or go after me for playing terrible, just let me go! I plan on living and claiming a PR after most of the suspicion on me has died down when I turn my play around to survive, no use using this to make you guys look good!"

All I'm saying to the next point, is that Cacti calls me out for not voting Rockin by the end of the day, as if it's ****ing, but disregards the fact that you did the same. Annoying when people do that.

Yeah, he mentions you several times yesterday, but after Pierre's vig shot, he took off on the idea that Pierre must be an SK, and pushed that, NOT your lynch.

I may not give a clear-cut post about my case on you because it's been quite apparent throughout my defenses against your argument. As for the case in days past, I don't know that I personally outlined a case on you, but there was a lot of suspicion on Riddle prior to your replacement, and still quite a bit on you post your replacement. And yes and no to the coin flip. I felt, and still feel confident, that it was 2 between you/Gheb/Cacti. I still feel that it stands best to vote you/Gheb, the other, and Cacti if one of you flips town. This back and forth has made me a lot more confident, as you have repeatedly used posts in the way they work best for your case, not in the way they are worded. Coupled with your massive flavor post, I think I've got good reason to suspect you.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
We argue differently Mentos, that's quite clear!

You're snowballing small points against me and using that as one big case imo - skimming, repetition, twisting. I didn't know making a 'good' case was inherently scummy as well.

These points - I do disagree. I also disagree with your supposed case on me yesterDay... it looked lacking - probably why you felt the need to seek comfort amongst the late Kev and you're callout to specific players to help you out.

I'm trying to place pressure on an area I think is scummy and if the defence isn't good enough I want to continue applying the pressure. It's how I roll and I've been pretty consistent with it. Sorry if this is forceful to you - I mean... did you honestly think I'd accuse you of something, you'd then give me a defence, and that's it? You're suddenly in the clear because of a simple exchange?

I've said all my points. I suppose someone else better contribute to the thread now before we go round in circles.
_

vote: mentosman8

I feel confident in this vote.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Not at all what I expected, but when someone refutes your points it is better served in an argument to take their defense into account and adjust your argument to counter their defense. If argument consisted(in mafia or in real life scenarios) of two people repeating the same points back and forth without adjusting to counter the responses of the other, the argument would inevitably go on forever as defense means nothing if the other side doesn't counter it, it becomes simply words said that have no affect on the overall argument. This is why I don't like the way you're responding and finding it scummy: exactly the same as Omni in Monster Mafia. Granted, Omni flipped town, but it's the same thing, you say something, I respond, and instead of adjusting your argument or countering my defenses, you just post the same points again as if nothing was said.

Also, if I were to play your game, what's with the I feel confident thing? Trying to move the day along quickly? :p that part is a joke if you don't noticeXD Welcome to the world of voting your suspicions that I entered yesterday.

Top Bottom