• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
Okay I still have not gotten a nuke. :( 5-8 times I have had hardline on and died at 23 which is really upsetting me. :mad: Not to be a noob and all but can someone please let me get a nuke off of them? IM DESPERATE!
GET BETTER F1ZZ. NO JOHNS. =(

Use Harrier Strike-> Chopper Gunner -> Nuke as your killstreaks. If you can get a 7 harrier, you can easily get a chopper gunner, then get the 14 kills to get a Nuke. It's easy.

If I can get a nuke without using Chopper Gunner, you can get a nuke with using. If you can get a legit nuke, I'll go easy on you in our MM at LBT2. =)

EDIT: Revamped thread is sexy.

Tranzworld

Smash Apprentice
I can't respond to you on XBL F8AL, sorry about your headset :(

Magnum + Tacknife = win.

1887s = Cheap as hell but after putting up with them for 67 levels I could really care less.

M21 ghost sniper = win.

Also, Care Package/Sentry Gun/Emergency Airdrop is godddddly.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
No. Bling -> Akimbo + FMJ. There's a common misconception that they're stronger this way, but it isn't true.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Can anyone do me a favor and check to see if the link on Delta's guide is working? I just realized this and the same thing will happen to ODIN's.

Perhaps it's just my computer? Someone check for me please!

S

smash brawl player 99021

0MGZZZZZ A NUKE!11111ONE1!
~IcyMoron’s Guide to Kill streaks~

Alright Kids, pretty self explanatory guide here. This will be your all-tell guide to Kill streaks for MW2! All 15 of them. From Care Package, to Pave Low, to EMP. Here we go…

1. UAV-3 Kill streak- Shows Enemies on your Radar for 30 Seconds. Extremely Useful perk at times, (I.E. Search and Destroy, when you’re the Last Man Standing against another Last man) 3 Kills isn’t very difficult to get, so this is good as a “Support” type of Kill streak. Great Combo is UAV+Airstrike. Shows you a good place to lay it down, racking up the kills. To counter it, if up against it, it can be shot down relatively easily. You don’t necessarily need a Stinger either. Any Standard gun should take it down in 1-2 clips. Cold-Blooded also sort of negates this streak, considering you won’t show up on the map. Overall, a decent Streak for a small price.

2. Care Package-4 Kill streak-Drops a random Kill streak or Ammo Case. This could be any kind of Kill streak (Even Chopper Gunner!) or a Resupply Crate. Now the Kill streak could be anything. Except the Nuke. D; EMP’s, AC130’s, Attack Helicopter, etc. Now this is random however, so don’t always expect to get something good. Resupply crates aren’t always a bad thing. If you’re one of those guys big on camping then a Resupply Crate could get you back to the kills. Unless of course, you have Scavenger on. But, I digress…Now don’t forget to watch where you throw it! If it lands out of the map, you’re screwed. No crate for you. And other teammates can snatch it if you forget to grab it! Enemies too! Just a tip, don’t leave your crate to the hungry scrubs on the other team. Always watch them. Lastly, make sure if doesn’t land on you. It will kill you. I would know…Yeah but honestly, not a bad idea if you’re not a giant streaker. Good all-purpose Kill streak and you get decent Experience from them too.

3. Counter UAV-4 Kills-Temporarily disables Enemy Radar. Alright, this basically works as a Reverse UAV. Blocks the Enemy’s Radar Map, makes it all fuzzy and Unusable. To be honest, I never use this. Another Support Streak IMO. Not bad though. Good if you’re one of those Sneak-Around people. Also good if the enemy throws up a UAV and you have this waiting. Good Setup could be Counter-UAV+ AC130. Wreak havoc from above while your buddy destroys the opposing team. Confusion +Explosives=Deadly Combo.

4. Sentry Gun-5 Kills-Airdrops a Sentry Gun, placable wherever you want. Not a bad kill streak at all. Depends where you use it, and how you use it. Much better if you kind of stick close to it. You wanna be moving it every 1-2 kills or so. Just to keep the Enemy on their toes, and catches them off guard. Now if you encounter one of your Opponents, the best thing to do would be flank completely, and knife from behind. Destroys it that quick. Another method could be to throw some Flash bangs/Stuns towards it. That’ll temporarily disable its Targeting System and you can sneak past him. Haul *** though, it’s only temporary.

5. Predator Missle-5 Kills-Guided Missile. Now this is a decent Kill streak. Rain down your Missile from above, and aim for the Red Squares. Great Kill streak, usually guarantees you at least 1-2 Kills. Keep in mind, enemies with Cold-Blooded will not show up as Red Squares, but can still be hit. Not really much to counter this with. Keep inside and away from Windows/doors to avoid the blast. Use the Right Trigger/R1 to speed up the Missile.

6. Precision Airstrike-6 Kills-Drops an Airstrike, available for placement anywhere on the map. Another good thing about this perk is the fact that you can change the angle it comes in from. Great if you’re trying to get the blast partially inside a certain building or area. Pretty good kill streak in my opinion. Though, there are better alternatives.

7. Harrier Strike-7 Kills-Airstrike Rains down, and a hovering Harrier will come and shoot as if it’s like a Giant floating Sentry Gun. A great kill streak in my opinion, and serves many purposes. Honestly, the Aftermath of the Harriers is greater than the starting Airstrike. Throw this down, there’s the Airstrike, then here comes the next guy in line. Only downside to this streak is the fact that it’s shot down relatively easily. I think one hit with a Stinger might bring it down. That shouldn’t stop you from using it though. He just hovers there and guns them down. I love this streak. One of the best in my opinion. You get a decent amount of kills, to lead up to another streak.

8. Attack Helicopter-7 Kills-Sends a Chopper in to wreak havoc. A good kill streak, comes in, guns down anyone in its path. It’s not as good as the Pave Low, keep in mind. I actually like this kill streak pretty well. It’s pretty good on outdoor maps…But I still recommend the Harrier more. Personal Preference I guess. This can also be shot down by Singer, Javelin, AT4, etc.

9. Emergency Airdrop-8 Kills-4 Random Crates of Kill streak or Ammo. Definitely a good Kill streak to have. Here come 4 Crates falling from the sky. I’ll be brief on this one so, it’s essentially the same thing as a Care Package. Same rules apply, it can be stolen, fall out of the map, etc.

10. Pave Low-9 Kills-Sends a GIANT Helicopter to ravage the enemy. A wonderful Kill Streak. It throws out Flares too, so it can last somewhat longer in a match. I love the Pave Low. It’s a great reward to have on your list too. Same as the Attack Helicopter, just more durable and whatnot. Great, great combo is Predator>Harriers>Pave Low. Predator makes the Harriers a little more obtainable, and with both in the sky at the same time, your enemies will be scared to come out of their cave. I call that Streak “Aerial Dominance”. I highly recommend using this.

11. Stealth Bomber-9 Kills-Here’s a Massive Bomber Plane overhead. Why can’t I see it on the Radar? Or right…Stealth. This is a Massive Carpet bomb on any designated area you choose. Works the same as Precision Airstrike, but a much bigger explosion. I really like this as a Kill streak because of the amount of kills you can get with it. And the enemy will never see it coming (on radar of course)! I was in a match once, and suddenly saw one approaching me. Needless to say, I didn’t last much longer. Overall, a very good kill streak to say the least.

12. Chopper Gunner-11 Kills-Lets you become the Gunner of a Helicopter. This could be one of the best streaks in the game. Endless Firing from a “Bird’s Eye View” let’s you rack up the kills. Like the Predator, the enemies will show up as Red Squares, but better yet, when you shoot at them, they get sort of “Locked on” to your enemy. Great method for pushing you towards the Infamous Tactical Nuke. But that comes later.

13. AC130-11 Kills-Rain down Terror from an AC130 Gunship. Another Great kill streak, this one similar to the Chopper Gunner. Call of Duty 4 Players will remember this well. In this one, you have 3 Choice of Guns to shoot from. A large, bigger explosion (Only one, then reload), A smaller series of shots (then reload) and finally, a machine gun sort of gun (shorter reload). My tip would be to sort of…cycle through the guns. That way, you’ll constantly be shooting (and getting kills). Remember, enemies glow white hot unless they’re using Cold Blooded, so be wary. And this lasts for 30 Seconds alone, so make the most of it.

14. EMP-15 Kills-EMP!! GET DOOOOWN GET DOWWWWN! EMP is an amazing Kill Streak if you can manage to get it. Disables all enemy electronics. That includes any kind of Plane in the air, UAV, Counter UAV, etc. Even AC130’s. Use in dire situations if you have one (I.E. AC130 Above, Chopper Gunner, etc. This also stops enemies Red-Dot Sights, Holographic, and the like. Basically, anything electronical is dead for the time being.

15. Ah. Last, but not least. The Infamous Tactical Nuke. A Whopping 25 Kills are needed for this bad boy. Only the best, and the brightest for this (Or Nuke Boosters…). It ends the game as soon as it drops. Great if you’re losing a match (I.E. Domination Match) since it’s an Automatic win. Not much else to say really. Its Nerve racking achieving it though. My first one, I was shaking, my hands were sweating…I mean its 25 Kills! Very difficult to accomplish. The Best combo you could use is Harriers>Chopper Gunner/AC130>Tactical Nuke. If you get one, Kudos to you. But it’s a long, difficult challenge.

Alright Kids, that should be it. I hope you guys think this is useful, and I wish you all the best.

Your Friend, Bro, and Refrigerator Roommate, Icy.

List of Useful Kill streak Combos.

1. UAV>Precision Airstrike>Pave Low
2. UAV>Counter UAV>Sentry Gun
3. Counter UAV>Harriers>AC130/Chopper Gunner
4. Predator>Harriers>Pave Low
5. Predator>Harriers>Chopper Gunner/AC130
6. Predator>Harriers>Emergency Airdrop
7. Harriers>Chopper Gunner>EMP
8. Harriers>AC130/Chopper Gunner>Tactical Nuke

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
@ O D I N: I'll take a look at it.

@ TRG: You're right, now the link doesn't work for some reason. It gives me a 404 error.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
You also didn't mention how Predator Missiles can be dropped on air support, or how Harriers will target air support, or how flares work.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Confirming that TRG ****ed up the links.

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=9219556&postcount=1835

Is Delta-cods post. Instead of clicking the link and copying the url, he copied it as is. So it 404'd because he was lazy or didn't know how to copy it or something.
That would be the latter... I messed up and hit copy on the links instead of copying the link address. I realize how to fix it now (notice how the xbox achievements link works now but the ones below don't), but I have school and i'll get right on it as soon as I get back.

My mistake I guess.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Why would you need a knife class when you could just make a class for sprinting with a care package marker?
The care package wasn't mentioned for a couple of reasons.

One, it's purely a run trick. While your speed increases to crazy speeds, you're limited to exactly your knife. So this takes away your gun and makes you reliant on your slower knife attack. That's fine if you want to do it, but I was making the point of how to knife with more success than I've had trying to run a knife with care package.

People can do what they want. But I don't see the true benefit of it besides speed.

Brick_Top

Smash Apprentice
my friend uses the carepackage running trick, and I don't think it helps him any more than without it. Granted, if you are on like Estate or something and you get spawned at the bottom of the map (which happens too ****ing often and is very ****ing annoying) I guess getting back to the house a little faster would help, but not much.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
The care package gives you a significant speed boost, so I'd disagree with that. It's incredibly useful and it will save you from death so many times.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
The care package run speed is so fast I've completely missed my target before.

Also, the animation scared the hell out of me when I first saw a guy miss with it. It's so... weird.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Keep in mind, with the Care Package maker, though you may run a lot faster, you knife speed will not be as fast as the Tactical Knife, which isn't as good IMO. You're knife animation will be the same as if you were holding a regular PW.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Keep in mind, with the Care Package maker, though you may run a lot faster, you knife speed will not be as fast as the Tactical Knife, which isn't as good IMO. You're knife animation will be the same as if you were holding a regular PW.
LOL

This was already discussed. And we came to the conclusion that speed is only important if there are multiple people.

Care Package > Tactical Knife

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Mad is correct.

And no, the animation is not normal. I've seen a normal knife animation, it does not look as messed up as that creepy torso twisting animation of the Care Package. >_>''

S

smash brawl player 99021

Whoopsie. My bad kids. I do agree with Delta-COD, I've missed many a enemy because I was running too fast. But IMO, the Tactical Knife is the only decent attachment onto Pistols. Akimbo is ok, but the Aim Restriction makes it somewhat difficult to use.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Wow. Readin this thread just learnt me a new thing. Care package speed advantage.

I'mma go look at this right now.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I think Akimbo is actually the best attachment for pistols. They still get pulled out quickly and have small crosshairs to begin with. I only use them on my sniper setup, which has Steady Aim to begin with. I don't want to sacrifice any melee range when I'm up close since speed isn't a factor.

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
Why would you run away from a riot shield? Just run up to whoever has the shield, wait for them to hit you then knife. Or Semtex/Flashbang/Granade Laucher to get rid of them.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Why would you run away from a riot shield? Just run up to whoever has the shield, wait for them to hit you then knife. Or Semtex/Flashbang/Granade Laucher to get rid of them.
Here's how most of these go.

You turn a corner and see a Riot Shield guy. You just stare. Neither of you know what to do. The Riot Shield guy is ****ed because he threw his knife and you don't have anything to kill him with aside from bullets. You're staring down at him so you can't go prone and shoot his toes.

You have no idea just how often this happens.

Underestimate Riot Shields, see where that gets you. Your best option is to run away.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
In addition to what Mad said,

I see you start cooking a grenade, I just:

A) Rushed you so you're screwed.
B) Threw my knife at you.
C) Pulled out akimbo pistols and gunned you down.
D) Threw my own stun at you so you're really screwed.

As a user of the shield, I'm familiar with how to counter it, and I still find retreating the better option quite often.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
From the shooting end, if you don't want to run away you still have some options.

• Throw a stun or flash and run behind them
  • Drop to prone and shoot their feet
  • Get lucky with Semtex, since it's not often they sit still for you
  • Go for a Halo sword lunge and slice their shoulder

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
From the shooting end, if you don't want to run away you still have some options.

• Throw a stun or flash and run behind them
  • Drop to prone and shoot their feet
  • Get lucky with Semtex, since it's not often they sit still for you
  • Go for a Halo sword lunge and slice their shoulder
Flashes give me so much rage when I'm using the riot shield. Though they're only good at longer range since they take a decent amount of time to toss. Stuns are a bit less effective since the shielder can still see you, but they're quicker for close encounters. They both have their pros and cons.

Knifing my shoulder gives me much rage as well. So does only having my feet visible to someone and them getting a headshot on me somehow. O.o

Does dropping to prone really get the person's feet, or is this only if they aren't looking down?

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
You can always shoot their feet if you drop to prone.

And I say stuns are better because despite being able to see you, their movement is limited. They can't spin around to protect themselves.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Wow, it's a good thing a prone enemy is easy to connect a throwing knife with. I'll make sure I remember that trick.

Stuns are my favorite special grenade. Flashes allow decent suppressing fire while stuns they can't change where they're aiming well. If I get flashed with a shield I tend to back up and look side to side a bit to block any potential fire from the side. =/

Edit for Grunt: Grenade throwing time depends on the grenade itself. While you can cook grenades by holding Right Bumper, there's always a set amount of time before the earliest point you can throw it.

Stuns are thrown faster than flashes, and I'm not too sure about smokes.
Throwing Knives are the fastest out of Equipment I believe, followed by Semtex and then Frags, though I may be wrong.

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
I see you start cooking a grenade, I just:.
You don't have to cook a Semtex or a Grenade launched grenade. Besides, this is only one situation, me cooking a grenade. I could just point my gun at you and back pedal, and there would be nothing you could do. You could begin to pull out your pistols, but I will have killed you by the time you got them out.

Top Bottom