• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ChuChuROBBuddies!

6Mizu

Smash Champion
Somewhere in the SubspaceEmissary(NC, Morrisville)
Oh lol thanks yo, I appreciate that. and the next Fixx is gonna be at *Pound* 4. can't wait.
Oh and don't call me phoenix, I'm JG :bee:
Yea! Can't wait, especially since I'm not going to that either. :ohwell:
K, J.G. it is.
What does J.G. stand for?
you should probably change your username then >.<
Too lazy to make a paypal, lol i'll get around to it sometime in the near future, hopefully. lol.
Wait, I knew you could change you name, but what step do you have to go through? :confused:
Also, does Stingers mean on Smash boards? :confused:

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
ROB wins.

Now on to more important matters...

J.G. Wentworth vs JJvirus hair battle at Pound 4!

Mr.E

Smash Lord
"What's up ROB boards. The guys back at the Snake boards are trying to get a good rediscussion on the ROB MU. It's one of the more controversial and debated matchups in the game, so I'd really appreciate it if you dropped in and said a few words. Here's the link to where you need to go."

ROB wins but the best Snake is better than the best ROB so Snake still ends up winning IRL.
11kanackers

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Of course man. How many?

Actually I think toasty said we have the hotel room Friday night, so we don't need to crash here.

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
Premium
NNID
syde_7
Of course man. How many?

Actually I think toasty said we have the hotel room Friday night, so we don't need to crash here.
Me and... 3 others I believe. No more than +4. Im not sure which day he is planning on getting there... so, I'll keep you abreast. If we have the hotel on Fri, and you want to do that instead- then by all means let's just do that. No use in paying for a night & not sleeping there.

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
Premium
NNID
syde_7
@ Tin:

Me, Stingers, Bueno, JCaesar, Toasty, Chibo, CJT, GW... I think that's about it.

Edit: Knacker, JG as well.

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
Premium
NNID
syde_7
So, with that bit of information... I guess our team for the ROB/Peach char crew battle consists of:

Stingers
Myself
Bueno
Chibo
Nacker
possibly JG?
possibly NinjaLink (if he wants to play)

GW (I think?? Said something about him being hurt or arm in a cast or something)
And, i didnt see Holy on the reg list, so I assume he isnt going.

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
Can I be an alt or something? I don't have much experience with ROB outside of friendlies, and whatever you're doing sounds like fun.

★J.G WentWorth★

Smash Champion
It has to be done in person with live judges to be official.

Do you have that bookmarked or something, wtf?
lol na I just name searched the q&a thread.

who here is going to pound 4? I'm only sure Buenob is going.
So, with that bit of information... I guess our team for the ROB/Peach char crew battle consists of:

Stingers
Myself
Bueno
Chibo
Nacker
possibly JG?

GW (I think?? Said something about him being hurt or arm in a cast or something)
Yea i'll be there and I'm down for the crew battle.

6Mizu

Smash Champion
Somewhere in the SubspaceEmissary(NC, Morrisville)

Stingers
Myself
Bueno
Chibo
Nacker
possibly JG?

You guys better come back winner, or else. :p

or else you get none of my cookies. :lick:

Darth Waffles

Smash Lord
GwJ's not going, but I'm the one in the cast (right thumb, but the cast covers my whole hand and then some). I'll find out if the ligament was sprained (might be fine for pound 4) or torn (needs surgery + 3 month recovery) on...January 15.

Not a lot of time to practice, if i'm even allowed to

When you pinch your thumb and index finger together (hard), you'll feel a couple ligaments. I injured pretty much the most important one- it's kinda where the fleshy/fatty part of your thumb (bottom of the palm where your thumb muscles/bones begin) is, toward the middle of the hand. You also use it to grab things like door handles, twisting locks to enter a combination, or lifting a glass of water, which I couldn't do three days ago.

...from playing dodgeball. In HIGH SCHOOL GYM! That's like, not even a legitimate injury, definitely not worth 10 days with an arm wrapped up and then possible surgery(!) Who gets injured like that? =\

Even so, and despite the fact that my priorities need serious rearranging, I've been thinking of ways to still play. Right now, GC controller can't happen. Then I thought about using Wiimote + Nunchuck. My left arm is fine, so I can move + use two buttons on the back. I can still use my other hand except for my thumb and wherever the cast gets in the way (awkward angles when using my index finger), but hitting A and the D-pad might be too hard to do fast enough. Then I came up with this goal:

Make it past the first round of pools, or at least beat a few people...using JUST the Wiimote.

It's the perfect john lol. It's obvious even before I play that I'll have a cast on (or, best case scenario, I'll be well enough to use a GC controller and this won't matter), so beating me doesn't mean nearly as much, even if I don't say anything. Losing to a guy in an arm cast playing with just a Wiimote? ouch...

I'll need to practice with the Wiimote, which I won't be able to do for another few days, at least (if not the 15th). Left hand covers walking, double-tapping to run, jumping, and the back trigger, probably shielding. Right index and middle fingers take care of 1 and 2, plus the occasional taunt. It would be pretty self-restraining, but hey, I'll do it if I'm medically allowed to. Probably count me out for ROB crew battles, though I'd definitely try the RRR with just a wiimote.

I'd have to convince my parents to still take me, which shouldn't be TOO bad unless I have to get surgery on or around that date or I just can't physically play. What sucks is that refunds for singles ended like a week ago. I talked to Plank, but it looks like I'm stuck in singles, which means that I either forfeit, or at least try to win. I had no reason to want a refund while I could still get one, so it sucks, especially since a 12th grade gym class started all of this

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
By the time Fishy and myself host a tourney down here in Allentown, you guys better come.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
apparently jadde got switched out for someone named BetaZealot, who I believe plays Falco. My worst matchup. I might actually not make it out of Round 1 pools, lol how sad. I'm going into the Hyperbolic Time Chamber.

jjvirus

Smash Champion
apparently jadde got switched out for someone named BetaZealot, who I believe plays Falco. My worst matchup. I might actually not make it out of Round 1 pools, lol how sad. I'm going into the Hyperbolic Time Chamber.
You'll be fine, I've beaten him in tournament.

And my pool got changed a bit

Aposl
BlackG
Jash
JJVirus
MPD
Vex Kasrani

BlackG, a SoVa Mk, has replaced one of the Puerto Rican players who was in my pool since I had two. I'm afraid that I MAY not make it out now. :/ Toasty, is he good?

stingers

Smash Obsessed
i was gonna team with blackg! but someone from nc asked and I can't just turn down people I actually know over people I dont :p

good luck jj

Top Bottom