• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Eldiran's PSAs 'n' Stuff: Newest - Zero 1.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

☆_Mutha-Foxin GangstaKirby_☆

Banned via Warnings
waiting for mars to hurry up with that **** blunt
Huh. I didn't know it was stronger closer in the game. I need to try that.
yeah, point blank it does... but anything after its not as strong... like shoot an enemy that normally deflects bullets while its shielded at point blank and it dies instantly, not even ultimate armor x's giga attack does that

Not that I know of... but that would be extremely awesome if we could.

Easily gimped? I'd imagine that would be the last of his problems. After all, he has an Up+B, Side+B, tether, and a wall-climb that restores his double jump and Side+B... not to mention he gets both the Up+B and Side+B back after being hit.

I could see him being somewhat lacking due to his fast fallspeed (easy juggling) and his lack of kill power, though.
he is VERY easy to gimp in b+ especially becuz his tether is so slow at rising... it cant instant pull in like other tether recoveries

I'm trying to envision the conditions here in Brawl+ (since I don't play it) and, I can see him being weak offstage due to the increased hitstun and a fast fallspeed, but I really don't see him having a truly predictable or poor recovery. He can actually do almost anything including airdodging out of or even during his dash or Up B.

The only time Zero is very much in trouble is if he ends up directly beneath the edge. At that point he may be stuck Up+Bing into danger, although there are certainly feasible mix ups. (Side+B away from stage -> cancel into double jump -> Up B)

Other than being underneath the stage, Zero is great at getting back. Being able to Side+B after Up+Bing leaves him high above the stage and incoming at a great velocity, while being able to do any aerial. Often Zero can instead just Side+B and tether before the opponent can even reach the edge.

Given his immense aerial mobility, I can't see Zero ending up underneath the stage as a terribly common occurence. Not only that, but being beneath the stage is only truly disadvantageous for him in a select few stages. Any stage with walls that reach far downward is great for Zero, and even Final Destination has big enough walls for Zero to use to boost his recovery at least somewhat. Battlefield doesn't offer him any help, but at the very least if Zero is edgehogged he can just wallclimb on the edge.
its not that he isnt great offstage its that he is the easiest edge gaurd ever because his recovery moves are so linear in movement... imagine lucarios but slower... and with a heavier character

and his tether... is AWFUL it doesnt pull you in fast enough to be useful.. now that might just be the autotether on his up b, idk. but it gets ***** by everyone

another thing is, zero can combo like a beast in brawl plus if you get creative, but you almost cant finish a combo with a kill move... and he is very campy in brawl plus because he is difficult to combo with (his combos are great but hard to do and cant finish very easily)

right now he is kind of like a combination of falco and metaknight in the sense that he can **** with combos but he plays better when playing "gay".... but a kill move could change him from camper to pixie(C.Falcon being of the pixie type if you dont know what i mean) quite easily.

aside from recovery in b+ and lack of a good finisher zero is a great character

suneyes27

Smash Rookie
Am not sure if this was already answered but is there any way to not replace Link completely? I'd still like to be able to use his standard moves and maybe have Zero as only the red outfit.

If not, I guess I could replace one of the alloys. Would he work over the ZakoBoy character or does Zero not have enough bones to fully replace him?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Am not sure if this was already answered but is there any way to not replace Link completely? I'd still like to be able to use his standard moves and maybe have Zero as only the red outfit.

If not, I guess I could replace one of the alloys. Would he work over the ZakoBoy character or does Zero not have enough bones to fully replace him?
That has more to do with the Clone Engine/Alternate File Engine, which is still under work. It's a tough piece of work, but there's big prospects for finishing it. We'll just have to wait.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
yeah, point blank it does... but anything after its not as strong... like shoot an enemy that normally deflects bullets while its shielded at point blank and it dies instantly, not even ultimate armor x's giga attack does that

he is VERY easy to gimp in b+ especially becuz his tether is so slow at rising... it cant instant pull in like other tether recoveries

its not that he isnt great offstage its that he is the easiest edge gaurd ever because his recovery moves are so linear in movement... imagine lucarios but slower... and with a heavier character

and his tether... is AWFUL it doesnt pull you in fast enough to be useful.. now that might just be the autotether on his up b, idk. but it gets ***** by everyone

another thing is, zero can combo like a beast in brawl plus if you get creative, but you almost cant finish a combo with a kill move... and he is very campy in brawl plus because he is difficult to combo with (his combos are great but hard to do and cant finish very easily)

right now he is kind of like a combination of falco and metaknight in the sense that he can **** with combos but he plays better when playing "gay".... but a kill move could change him from camper to pixie(C.Falcon being of the pixie type if you dont know what i mean) quite easily.

aside from recovery in b+ and lack of a good finisher zero is a great character
Thanks for the feedback. I wasn't aware Link's tether speed was much different than others'. The trajectory of his recoveries are pretty predictable, though they are not nearly as bad as Lucario's up+B. Honestly, I can think of many characters whose recoveries are far worse -- Zero can do anything out of his recovery, and he has two of them to mix up as he will. Not to mention that he can't be edgehogged unless he is using his tether. There are so many different facets of his recovery that I can't even imagine him being worse than, say, Link, or Lucario. If Zero performs an Up+B and Uairs, he is basically doing Link's Up+B right there, and then he has extra moves left over.

As a small tip, if Zero is desparate for vertical height, if you crouch cancel a dash immediately, Zero will pop up without going anywhere horizontally.

Anyway, just because I keep saying his recovery is great doesn't mean I'm not listening to your feedback. If I get enough people who think his recovery is too easily trashed, then that could be something for me to consider changing. I don't play B+, after all, so this is mostly theory for me.

I am also surprised to hear he is campy. I know he survives to immense percents when playing cautiously, but I feel like Zero wouldn't be very effective unless he is either right on top of the opponent or is flying past them with an attack. Either way, Zero's projectiles ought to be too poor to use as a camper. The most he can do is force an approach from enemies with directly horizontal projectiles by using his shield.

Pixie is a weird term, but I think I understand it. I thought about making more strong sweetspots for Zero's attacks, but that would bias him even further against heavy, large characters. Who Zero would really need help against is team disjoint, so I'd want to focus any buffs on fighting them. (Thinking of buffs that only help against them is really tough.)

Also, with my current impression of Zero's survivability (living up to 180+%) I would really screw everyone else over if I let Zero kill other characters earlier than that percentage.

Again, thanks for the feedback! That goes for everyone else who has provided any too.

So that means as of right now it's all or nothing?
Aye; either Zero or Link, basically.

Thank you!
No prob!

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
The new laser is bad***. His shield won't block his own shot though. XD
I don't see why you needed to add a hitbox to the up dash...

Banned via Warnings
Thanks for the feedback. I wasn't aware Link's tether speed was much different than others'. The trajectory of his recoveries are pretty predictable, though they are not nearly as bad as Lucario's up+B. Honestly, I can think of many characters whose recoveries are far worse -- Zero can do anything out of his recovery, and he has two of them to mix up as he will. Not to mention that he can't be edgehogged unless he is using his tether. There are so many different facets of his recovery that I can't even imagine him being worse than, say, Link, or Lucario. If Zero performs an Up+B and Uairs, he is basically doing Link's Up+B right there, and then he has extra moves left over.

As a small tip, if Zero is desparate for vertical height, if you crouch cancel a dash immediately, Zero will pop up without going anywhere horizontally.

Anyway, just because I keep saying his recovery is great doesn't mean I'm not listening to your feedback. If I get enough people who think his recovery is too easily trashed, then that could be something for me to consider changing. I don't play B+, after all, so this is mostly theory for me.

I am also surprised to hear he is campy. I know he survives to immense percents when playing cautiously, but I feel like Zero wouldn't be very effective unless he is either right on top of the opponent or is flying past them with an attack. Either way, Zero's projectiles ought to be too poor to use as a camper. The most he can do is force an approach from enemies with directly horizontal projectiles by using his shield.

Pixie is a weird term, but I think I understand it. I thought about making more strong sweetspots for Zero's attacks, but that would bias him even further against heavy, large characters. Who Zero would really need help against is team disjoint, so I'd want to focus any buffs on fighting them. (Thinking of buffs that only help against them is really tough.)
zeros recovery if you knock someone who is on the edge off it while recovering he CANT recover even with uair and their is no chance of wall kick helping on FD or a few other stages... he gets stuck down there and up b is not enough upward distance gain from on that stage in particular to get up, and zeros projectiles are VERY effective for camping... triple weak shot is the best shot imo. you can sh lag cancel them into ground buster so that 6 bullets are out at once. captain falcon is basically the perfect example for pixie.... basically its like quick, heavy hitters with strong maneuverability but low damage or are other wise light. Captain Falcon is Smashes ideal pixie.

except zero is a heavy pixie.. with lots of weak moves that rack up like crazy and he needs a kill move badly

litterally all he needs is a knee-esque move (or at least an arial that kills at 100ish!) and a better recovery...

his recovery is definitely worse than links/lucarios and mainly because you can ALWAYS ledgehogged it with out worry becuz wall jump does not help him on any stage but ones with straight down walls to the blast zone, all the others he will get spiked/gimped every time before you even think about it and it is VERY slow vertically... zero gets ***** off stage the auto snap ledges in brawl and the NASL ledges in brawl plus make the two games VASTLY different offstage

zero is bad right now for those 2 reasons...

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Me and Gkirbs will get some vids of our Zeros on saturday.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
If you say so...

What did you replace for the laser?
I edited Link's arrow and replaced it with the laser that Duon fires.

zeros recovery if you knock someone who is on the edge off it while recovering he CANT recover even with uair and their is no chance of wall kick helping on FD or a few other stages... he gets stuck down there and up b is not enough upward distance gain from on that stage in particular to get up, and zeros projectiles are VERY effective for camping... triple weak shot is the best shot imo. you can sh lag cancel them into ground buster so that 6 bullets are out at once. captain falcon is basically the perfect example for pixie.... basically its like quick, heavy hitters with strong maneuverability but low damage or are other wise light. Captain Falcon is Smashes ideal pixie.

except zero is a heavy pixie.. with lots of weak moves that rack up like crazy and he needs a kill move badly

litterally all he needs is a knee-esque move (or at least an arial that kills at 100ish!) and a better recovery...

his recovery is definitely worse than links/lucarios and mainly because you can ALWAYS ledgehogged it with out worry becuz wall jump does not help him on any stage but ones with straight down walls to the blast zone, all the others he will get spiked/gimped every time before you even think about it and it is VERY slow vertically... zero gets ***** off stage the auto snap ledges in brawl and the NASL ledges in brawl plus make the two games VASTLY different offstage

zero is bad right now for those 2 reasons...
The wall jump is useful even on FD, because if someone goes to edgehog you when you aren't tethering, you can wall jump up edge they are on. However, it still sees minimal use, I'm sure.

Even assuming Zero is ultimately screwed when placed beneath the stage, how often does that really happen? Especially considering how evasive Zero can be.

As for camping... I am surprised the fact that the weak shots do 1% (or less) each isn't a deterrent. Surely engaging in melee is more effective than having to land over 100 shots before going in for a kill.

I see what you mean by pixie. I agree it would be fitting if Zero had a precision KO move... but I am hesitant to make one, because by nature a move like that benefits him most against the heavies, which Zero has the least trouble with. I imagine Zero can really trash people like Bowser in B+, perhaps primarily because of his Ftilt.

Me and Gkirbs will get some vids of our Zeros on saturday.
Awesome; I'm looking forward to them.

Banned via Warnings
the wall jump isnt usefull on fd becuz it puts zero in the screwed position... he HAS to dash away from fd then use up b... garunteed gimp right there, and if you dont get gimped you barely tether fd which you then get ***** by the slow tether snap

and 6 shots doing 1 percent each adds up and you can lag cancel land green laser into triple shot(which jab resets certain characters so garunteed dash to grab)

and tbh, pixies always **** heavies... because heavies are just sweetspot magnets (unless its like regular brawl where said pixies just straight up suck :p)

you'll see what me and sinz are trying to say from the vids from this weekend though :)

Eldiran

Smash Lord
you'll see what me and sinz are trying to say from the vids from this weekend though :)
I hope so! I'm lookin' forward to watching them.

zero's shield should have those projectile reflector
I was actually thinking about making the thrown shield reflect projectiles, but I couldn't figure out how to do it.

-----------

Update!

Wisp has finally been updated to version 1.3! Special thanks goes to SqLeon for helping me eradicate Jigglypuff's polygons. The changes are quite drastic, so Wisp may play very differently -- but I think it's very much for the better.

WISP
1.3 Download link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?43mi5yawwzt

Here is the super huge changelist:

VERSION CHANGELIST

Ver 1.3
- Graphics have been totally revamped! Wisp is now much easier to see, and many tweaks were made. Among other changes, when Wisp lands or turns, there will be wind behind her to help you know which way she is facing.
- Wisp's shield behaves the same as a regular shield now -- shield pushing works normally as well. Her shield size has been decreased.
- Wisp can now carry and use items as a normal character.
- Wisp is no longer immune to wind.
- Backwards hops now consistently reverse direction.

- Wisp's air dodge invulnerability is 1 frame slower to start and 1 frame quicker to end.
- Wisp's Down+B can be canceled out of by shielding!
- The first quake of Wisp's Down+B now does 6%.
- The aerial version of Down+B now has a use -- it lasts longer, goes further and faster, and on frame 4 until the end of the move, it has super armor.
- Wisp's down-tilt is now 3 frames faster.
- Neutral B's sweetspot hitbox now has more cinematic hitlag.
- Neutral B's wind does 1% damage.

- Side+B's charging mechanism has been revamped!
Charge levels 1, 2, and 3 require 10, 30, and 80 points respectively.
- Whenever Wisp is damaged, he gains points equal to the damage he has taken.
- Whenever Wisp hits any object (shields included) with an attack, it gains points equal to the minimum damage it could have dealt (assuming no stale moves).
- Whenever Wisp turns, lowers its shield, or has its shield struck, it gains 1 point.
- Whenever Wisp is struck by electricity, it gains 2 points on top of the % damage.

Notes:
- The only attacks that do not charge Wisp's Side+B on hit are B, Down+B, and Up+B. Even hitting with Side+B charges it!
- Hitting multiple objects with one attack does not increase the number of points gained.

- Side+B level 0 is slower and has more knockback.
- Side+B level 1 deals 1% more on the closest hit. It has 5 fewer IASA frames.
- Side+B level 2 deals more shield damage. It has 5 fewer IASA frames.
- Side+B level 3 deals ~16%, and can kill at 140+% at worst. It has 5 fewer IASA frames.

-Wisp's Final Smash now does more damage, up to 80% damage instead of 60%.

-----

I will shortly update the move list with all the info. Feel free to ask questions, and when you get to try Wisp out, please feel free to give feedback! I am still looking to balance Wisp and make it into a fun character.

God of Humility

Smash Journeyman
I tried the new Wisp and got a freeze about 5 seconds after selecting Jiggs. It happened every time (4 times).

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Whaaaat :( I will look into this and try out the exact files myself.

EDIT: D: It happened to me too. I will re-upload, hopefully this time with the files that actually work.

Man, how embarassing. This time here's an upload straight off my freshly-tested SD card:
http://www.mediafire.com/?43mi5yawwzt

It should work fine now.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
So whats the best way to play as Giga Bowser ? :0

I want to play as him, what would be the easiest way ? (Best if it would be like a button holding, for example choosing Bowser, then pressing L or R and starting the match)

Eldiran

Smash Lord
@gangstakirby: Aww mann. That's a bummer. I highly doubt any will work, since I assume universal properties (hitlag, etc) got changed.

So whats the best way to play as Giga Bowser ? :0

I want to play as him, what would be the easiest way ? (Best if it would be like a button holding, for example choosing Bowser, then pressing L or R and starting the match)
The easiest way to play as Giga Bowser is to get the Custom CSS.

Here is mine, which also includes alloys, ZSS, and individual pokemon:

Code:
Independent Pokemon Engine +no wreck My Music V2 [spunit262]
* 06407BD0 0000000E
* 04030F0D 1E1B1F1B
* 201B211B 221B0000
* C2684964 00000007
* 881400B8 2C00003F
* 41A00028 2C03001D
* 40A20008 3860001E
* 2C03001F 40A20008
* 38600020 2C030021
* 40A20008 38600022
* 987400B8 00000000

CSS fixes for Giga and Company V2 [spunit262]
* C2684940 00000002
* 9BB400B8 57BD06BE
* 2C1D001B 00000000
* 040AF8D4 546025B6
* 040AF964 546025B6
* 040AF830 546025B6
* 040AF528 546025B6
* 040AF810 546025B6
* 040AF880 546025B6
* 040AF848 546025B6

Alloys don't crash and Others don't wreck My Music V2 [spunit262]
* 06407BD0 0000000E
* 04030F0D 1E1B1F1B
* 201B211B 221B0000
* C2815524 0000000D
* 7C641B78 2C030011
* 4182000C 2C030012
* 40A20008 38600010
* 2C03002C 40A20008
* 3860000C 2C03002D
* 40A20008 38600017
* 2C03002E 40A20008
* 3860000A 2C03002F
* 40A20008 3860000E
* 2C030030 40A20008
* 38600000 2C030031
* 40A20008 38600006
* 4E800020 00000000
* C29472D8 00000003
* 2C04002E 4180000C
* 90810058 38000000
* 9801005D 00000000

Giga and Company Engine V2 [spunit262]
* C2684964 00000013
* 881400B8 2C00003F
* 41A00088 2C030010
* 40A20008 38600011
* 2C030026 40A20008
* 38600012 2C03001D
* 40A20008 3860001E
* 2C03001F 40A20008
* 38600020 2C030021
* 40A20008 38600022
* 2C03000C 40A20008
* 3860002C 2C030017
* 40A20008 3860002D
* 2C03000A 40A20008
* 3860002E 2C03000E
* 40A20008 3860002F
* 2C030000 40A20008
* 38600030 2C030006
* 40A20008 38600031
* 987400B8 00000000
Needs "Alloys don't crash and Others don't wreck My Music V2" for safety.

CSS fixes for Samus/ZSS and Zelda/Shiek V2 [spunit262]
* 80693D50 38800004
* 06693D6C 00000008
* 38000000 3880000F
* 04697EEC 60000000
* 046900E8 60000000
* 04697F58 60000000

Custom CSS V3 [spunit262] [18 lines]
* 0668310C 00000030
* 387E006C 3B600000
* 3C808068 38840DE0
* 7CBB20AE 7CA50775
* 41800014 94A30004
* 3B7B0001 2C1B0032
* 4180FFE8 48000038
* 04690338 48000068
* 066900D8 00000008
* 2C170028 41820168
* 02680DE0 0022FFFF
* 06680DE0 0000002D
* 00010206 161F0811
* 12091A0E 0713251B
* 21260D05 14171022
* 200B270C 15240304
* 0A231918 4C4A4E40
* 465C5D5E 29000000
* 465C5D5E 29000000

Alloy Victory/Loss Poses:
* 0477F8EC 60000000
Alternately, you could use the On The Fly Character Switcher, but that's not really feasible if you want to play with these characters. Anyway, the above codes are totally glitch free except for one known circumstance: if you have alloys in the match and 4 players, player 4 must be an alloy.

Exotika

Smash Rookie
i need help.....(i know this is off topic but...)i putted it on SD Card ->private->wii->APP->RSBE->.....
the next part is that all i find is a bin file ......

Exotika

Smash Rookie
The thing is that pf>fighter isnt in there.....i have to go SD Card>Private>Wii>title>app>RSBE>pf>fighter>(character name)will that work?

LordshadowRagnarok

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, just make the pf and fighter and Character name folders.
Also note: Jigglypuff's name is "Purin"
so, you'd save Wisp as FitPurin.pac and put it in Card > Private > Wii > Title > App > RSBE > PF > Fighter > Purin > FitPurin.pac

LordshadowRagnarok

Smash Journeyman
Eldiran, I've been doing a bit of thinking on what might be done for Wisp/Zero minus.

Faster Charge on Wisp's Side B
Any sort of spike for Wisp.
More Invisibility for Wisp.
More knockback on neutral B (I see it broken with the hit stun if it doesn't knock them out.)
Faster charge on Up B and Down B
Stun added to Up smash
Damage added to down smash
Faster F smash

Spiking hitbox on Zero's Up B,
Faster zero's Zair & Zair retraction
Further traveling Side B on Zero.
Zero's smashes are always their fully charged versions
Faster charge on Zero's Side B
More damage on Nair
Far less landing lag/starting lag on Dair
More knockback on aerials.
Straight vertical knockback on D smash.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
PSA GUY MAN v1.0

-------------------------
NEW PSA GUY RELEASE
-------------------------

Ganondorf With a Sword But Without Any Codes

Yep that's right -- no more codes needed to attach his sword to his hand!

Thanks to Phantom Wings' insight on how to hex the bone an article is attached to, I've affixed Ganon's sword to his RHaveN (which is to say, his hand).

[collapse=Phantom Wings' insight]
Hmm... I guess I should make a contribution here as well. *mumble* where was it now? *mumble, mumble* Ah! Here it is.

For anyone savvy enough with a hex editor, you should be able to find the bone an article is attached to if you can find the root location of the article. From there its [Root Location + 0x8] which should hold the bone id. (0xFFFFFFFF if the article is a projectile and doesn't stick to the character)

The Root location is that area with the pointers to all the tables holding the character data (the animation table, B Move table, the GFX tables and the attribute table.) Both the articles and the character itself have a root, but each one differs to some degree in accordance to the module files. (what I'm currently working on)

I know that the root of the character can be found at [[[0x64] + ([0x68] * 0x4) + 0x80] + 0x80] and that pointers to the roots of the articles can be found inside the root of the character (each pointer value needs + 0x80), but because of the modules, the locations of those pointers vary from character to character (hence, being unable to allow PSA to modify them)

Here should be the locations for Mario's Cape and FLUDD

0x1E38C - Cape(root = 0x1E384)
0x1E490 - FLUDD(root = 0x1E488)

Cheers.
[/collapse]

Installation Instructions:

Rename your downloaded file as "FitGanon.pac", and then place the file into this directory:
SD Card:\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\fighter\ganon

If the above folders do not already exist on your SD card, make them. Make sure you have the File Patch 3.5.1 code enabled and working. Other versions may also work.

----

Now, don't get too excited. I didn't spend much time on the PSA here -- this is a summary of all the changes:

- Attached sword article to hand
- Changed down taunt to draw or sheathe the sword
- Changed Jab, Ftilt, Fsmash, and Dash attack to use beamsword-style sword attacks when sword is drawn

So, yeah; Ganon can still opt to fight with his fists. When he does use his sword, he will attack almost exactly as he would with a beamsword. The only differences are:

- Less range (because his sword is shorter than a beamsword)
- Appropriate sound effects
- Ganon's sword deals about 2% more damage per hit on average, with slightly more knockback than the beamsword.

Disclaimer note: This PSA was not made with any intentions to balance it. I personally think it could be, but I didn't try for it.

---

Anyway, the main reason I uploaded this PSA isn't because it's a nice finished product. (The sword-drawing animation is a little crappy.) I uploaded it so's people can use it as a base for their own Ganondorf hacks. In other words, feel free to edit the above .pac however you like and use it for whatever.

If you'd like to hex the bone yourself, Ganon's sword bone offset is this: 21CD3

It is normally 00. Change it to the hex number of the bone index you want.

That's it!

Actually, now that I've revealed the secret of one of my next PSAs, I should probably call dibs on it before anyone else does.

[collapse=Dibs!]
[/collapse]

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Hey me and Gkirbz are uploaded our videos right now. Here is what we are proposing to fix up Zero in Brawl +

Up B has a hitbox at the very end,(1% hit box with Zero's body to knock them off the ledge so he can tether safely.)
Faster start up on the fsmash. Same end lag though. It is just way too hard to land as it is.
Weaken the pummel to 3% each time. It does 4% each time right now and since Zero already racks up a lot of damage so he can get 3 or 4 pummels before throwing almost every time above 50%.
Make the Bair a kill move. It has a small enough range that you can't really mix it in easily. So it would make sense as a kill move.
Speed up the air dodge. Zero gets ***** for airdodging offstage.
Also, make the outer Dsmash hitbox a tad stronger. It didn't kill at 210% :/
One more last thing. A tiny bit bigger grab range. :)

Also, Zero is definitely a very fun character. He is viable if he gets a few changes :)

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Eldiran, I've been doing a bit of thinking on what might be done for Wisp/Zero minus.
Those are some good suggestions. If Brawl- accepts Zero or Wisp as characters, I'll be implementing many of those and much more >D

http://www.youtube.com/user/RealSinz

^check em out =D

also fix the tether if possible, out of up b it pulls up to the ledge VERY slow
Nice videos! I went ahead and put them up on the Zero post, if you don't mind. I can see where Zero is lacking, although I can also see areas where he has a little more potential.

Also now I can see why Neutral B has been so useful to you -- it's charging way faster than it was meant to! 1.333 times faster, I suspect. The Brawl+ changelist says it speeds up Link's subaction 1CE by that much. I'm willing to bet this is the only change Brawl+ has carried over from Link to Zero, though -- most of the rest address hitboxes that I have modified.

(By the way, doesn't Link's tether function exactly as Zero's does?)

Hey me and Gkirbz are uploaded our videos right now. Here is what we are proposing to fix up Zero in Brawl +

Up B has a hitbox at the very end,(1% hit box with Zero's body to knock them off the ledge so he can tether safely.)
Faster start up on the fsmash. Same end lag though. It is just way too hard to land as it is.
Weaken the pummel to 3% each time. It does 4% each time right now and since Zero already racks up a lot of damage so he can get 3 or 4 pummels before throwing almost every time above 50%.
Make the Bair a kill move. It has a small enough range that you can't really mix it in easily. So it would make sense as a kill move.
Speed up the air dodge. Zero gets ***** for airdodging offstage.
Also, make the outer Dsmash hitbox a tad stronger. It didn't kill at 210% :/
One more last thing. A tiny bit bigger grab range. :)

Also, Zero is definitely a very fun character. He is viable if he gets a few changes :)
Thanks! I really appreciate the feedback and videos. I can see how Zero would struggle in Brawl+, and I think he could use a few Brawl+ exclusive buffs. He already fares well enough in v/BBrawl.

Iiii maaay consider adding this weak hitbox. However I'm actually wondering if it might not be better to just decrease Zero's gravity. Do you think that would be more harmful than helpful? Because with B+'s gravity increases, even with a moderate decrease he should still behave in a way befitting Zero.

As I saw the Fsmash in game, it got used successfully exactly as I'd expect it to, and it served a decent purpose. So I'm not sure about this.

Zero's pummel is so slow you should only get 2 in on a moderately damaged foe. I didn't really see it being that potent in those matches.

Bair, as well as Dsmash' explosion, could probably use a KBG buff.

I think that if I decrease Zero's gravity, hopefully I can avoid fiddling with his dodge.

Mmaybe on the grab range.

Another change I am considering is increasing the cinematic hitlag on Zero's second jab by a good amount. That would counteract B+'s hitlag decrease, and maybe give Zeros a chance to consider using the rising slash.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Nice work with Ganon's sword there Eldiran! You just making more and more awesome stuff. I know a lot of my friends who are Zelda fans who will love this the next time we play. XD

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Thanks for the quick responses! I think changing Zeros gravity isn't the best idea. Currently he has an AMAZING gimp against some characters of the cast. You dash from the stage offstage and nair. then jump dash back and then up b.

I really think adding the weak hitbox would be a little bit better. There is already a lot of emphasis sweet spotting in brawl plus.

Regarding the fsmash. I use the upsmash a lot more in the matches because it just comes out too slow. Like if it were just a tiny bit faster it would be amazing. I am not talking like make twice as fast. Just a tiny bit faster. The thing is so hard to hit with as it is. Then when you get up to high percentages it is impossible to combo into. :/

but, great job so far!

Banned via Warnings
another thing about zeros recovery is i think it should be like ivys b+ tether were if it hits the person on the ledge it grabs it... and zeros up b tether IS VERY SLOW beyond ridiculous if you tether from a distance... you are bound to get gimped everytime it clings like that but the small hitbox at the top would work too, like a really weak flinch strength hit box

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Sword ganon is very cool, only one concern: His jab is waaaay too fast. The animation is very quick. otherwise I love it. Looking forward to that one character from megaman x whowas at first a maverick hunter but later was turned into a virus :p

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Nice work with Ganon's sword there Eldiran! You just making more and more awesome stuff. I know a lot of my friends who are Zelda fans who will love this the next time we play. XD
Thanks! Hope you enjoy it.

Thanks for the quick responses! I think changing Zeros gravity isn't the best idea. Currently he has an AMAZING gimp against some characters of the cast. You dash from the stage offstage and nair. then jump dash back and then up b.

I really think adding the weak hitbox would be a little bit better. There is already a lot of emphasis sweet spotting in brawl plus.

Regarding the fsmash. I use the upsmash a lot more in the matches because it just comes out too slow. Like if it were just a tiny bit faster it would be amazing. I am not talking like make twice as fast. Just a tiny bit faster. The thing is so hard to hit with as it is. Then when you get up to high percentages it is impossible to combo into. :/

but, great job so far!
Okay. I kind of hope to avoid adding a hitbox to it because it might look a little silly, but I will if I have to. I may possibly maybe think about buffing Fsmash maybe :p

another thing about zeros recovery is i think it should be like ivys b+ tether were if it hits the person on the ledge it grabs it... and zeros up b tether IS VERY SLOW beyond ridiculous if you tether from a distance... you are bound to get gimped everytime it clings like that but the small hitbox at the top would work too, like a really weak flinch strength hit box
At this point, I am certainly considering a B+ specific buff to his tether speed (ledge tether only). Unfortunately, due to the fact that there are no bones at the tip of the tether, and that the tip goes to different areas each time, I can't put a hitbox there. Otherwise I would have from version 1.

I really think Zero's tether should pull in faster. It leaves him so vulnerable. Also, can't wait to try out sword ganon.
*thumbs ups* I can't remember if you use Brawl+. Either way, I'm thinkin' Brawl+ specific stuff at this point, so if you do, you'll prolly get a tether buff.

Sword ganon is very cool, only one concern: His jab is waaaay too fast. The animation is very quick. otherwise I love it. Looking forward to that one character from megaman x whowas at first a maverick hunter but later was turned into a virus :p
Thanks; I actually should have mentioned I made no attempt to balance Ganonsword. He just behaves exactly like he would with a beamsword (with custom, but similar, hitboxes).

LordshadowRagnarok

Smash Journeyman
I run BBrawl, Eldiran, and it's just so slow on the pull in that I've gotten spiked or stage spiked more often than not while using it to pull in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom