• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SWF-Dex: Make Your Own Pokemon!

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Move - Magma Pool: Pokemon that switch in lose 6% of their health and are burned. Can't exist with Spikes, Toxic Spikes, or Stealth Rock, and typing doesn't effect damage dealt (except for Fire-types, which are immune). Flying-types and those with Levitate still take 6%, but aren't burned.

I don't know. I just wanted to make a new entry hazard. I also considered some sort of Ice-type entry hazard that worked like SR (but couldn't exist with SR), but I couldn't think of a name for it. Tell me what you think and what you would change about it.
Mence is a Pokemon that would be uneffected and be the dominant sweeper with this.
Blissey is one that would love this and pretty much pwn the entire grounded tier.

This would make the metagame offset like an elephant on the other side of the see-saw.

Caterpiller

Smash Rookie
Move - Magma Pool: Pokemon that switch in lose 6% of their health and are burned. Can't exist with Spikes, Toxic Spikes, or Stealth Rock, and typing doesn't effect damage dealt (except for Fire-types, which are immune). Flying-types and those with Levitate still take 6%, but aren't burned.
Seems cool except for the whole Insta-Burn thing. Maybe a 20% chance of Burn?

Burning nearly every single physical sweeper is redonk, man.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Here's another idea.

Banshou
Typing: Normal / Ghost
Ability: Levitate
HP: 60
Atk: 60
Def: 140
Sp Atk: 95
Sp Def: 143
Spd: 60
BST: 558

Weak to only one type (Dark), it can do pretty well at stopping sweepers in their tracks. Immunities to Normal, Fighting, Ghost, and Ground are helpful. Has access to Pain Split, Nasty Plot (along with a respectable base 95 Sp Atk stat), Shadow Ball, Flamethrower, etc.

Gets ruined by priority.

Resembles a thin banshee-esque creature.

-Terywj

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
Man, all we're doing right now is making really powerful and high statted Pokemon.

Where's the love for the starters and the com mons like Bibarel and Raticate?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Code:
Good
OK
Bad
WTF

BASE STATS

HP: 81
Attack: 51
Defense: 71
Speed: 71
Special Attack: 121
Special Defense: 81

Total: 476

ABILITIES

Adaptability/Battle Armor

MOVES

--: Rapid Spin
--: Harden
11: Slam
11: Wing Attack
21: Reflect
21: Light Screen
31: Metal Claw
31: Confuse Ray
41: Steel Wing
41: Roost
51: Mirror Shot
51: Mirror Coat
61: Flash Cannon
61: Air Slash
71: Hyper Beam

TM02: Dragon Claw
TM03: Water Pulse
TM04: Calm Mind

TM06: Toxic
TM09: Bullet Seed
TM13: Ice Beam
TM15: Hyper Beam

TM16: Light Screen
TM17: Protect
TM20: Safeguard
TM21: Frustration
TM27: Return
TM29: Psychic
TM30: Shadow Ball
TM32: Reflect
TM33: Double Team
TM34: Shock Wave
TM40: Aerial Ace
TM43 Secret Power
TM44: Rest
TM47: Steel Wing

TM50: Overheat
TM51: Roost
TM52: Focus Blast
TM57: Charge Beam
TM64: Explosion
TM67: Recycle
TM68: Giga Impact
TM69: Rock Polish
TM73: Thunder Wave
TM74: Gyro Ball
TM89: U-Turn
TM90: Substitute
TM91: Flash Cannon

HM01: Cut
HM02: Fly
HM05: Defog

I've had an idea for a Pokemon like this for a while now-- a Special-Offensive Steel. I'll upload a picture later on.
Self-explanitory. I like this. Not too good. Not too bad. Probably would be an excellent addition to UU.

This guy knows how to Fakemon.

Also, I had an idea for the submitting policy for the SWF dex.

The Fully evolved forms of Pokemon would be submitted first. Then once they were OK'd, a Number would be chosen. Once the number is chosen, 1 or 2 numbers before it would be saved (unless it was an evolution of an elready existing Pokemon), where the Pre-Evos would be put in. Only a handful of Pokemon should be allowed to be single-stage, these single-stage Pokemon will not include ubersin the count, however.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
I really need to learn to type faster.

@Writer: Yes, but Scizor doesn't have a Wood Hammer that can leave the world's biggest Dent in the OU metagame, and then finish off with said bullet punch. I don't think too much could RELIABLY switch into an EQ, Wood Hammer, and Fire Punch AND take a BP and not be finished off. Barring like, Bronzong, but Bronzong would just get 2-3HKO'd by FP
Or Skarmory. Or Gliscor for that matter if you don't predict with Wood Hammer (which is your only chance of a 2HKO) and aren't carrying Ice Punch. Oh, and Magnezone WILL revenge kill you, no matter what you try and do. I'm not saying it's not questionable in its status in OU, but it does have things about it that people can take advantage of.

@ Writer: Yeah Battle Armor seems a bit...out of place, so if gets another ability it could be like...?

Thick Fat would make it too broken defensively, while Sturdy is just pointless.

-Terywj
Considering its name and what you explained its looks to be, I could really see Intimidate or Pressure. I know a lot of things already get those abilities, but they just fit it too well (especially Intimidate, although that's questionable for it anyway). I'd also say Overgrow for the prospect of a ridiculous SubSalac set, but it needs to be a starter for that...

EDIT: Holy **** I completely forgot about Blissey with my move. I was paying too much attention to its ability to deal damage AND burn to realize that burning alone was a bit ridiculous. I guess I could see a 20-ish% chance of burn, and maybe even doing that across the board instead of just to grounded Pokemon. **** Mence.

Caterpiller

Smash Rookie
Self-explanitory. I like this. Not too good. Not too bad. Probably would be an excellent addition to UU.

This guy knows how to Fakemon.
Thanks for the critique. I was getting excited when giving him moves at first, so that explains the wonky TM list towards the end. Edit'd his list.

Rapid Spin is bad? I picture a giant flying egg spinning just fine.

Over Heat because he's a machine.

Focus Blast because... he shoots stuff?

JOE!

Smash Hero
Also, I had an idea for the submitting policy for the SWF dex.

The Fully evolved forms of Pokemon would be submitted first. Then once they were OK'd, a Number would be chosen. Once the number is chosen, 1 or 2 numbers before it would be saved (unless it was an evolution of an elready existing Pokemon), where the Pre-Evos would be put in. Only a handful of Pokemon should be allowed to be single-stage, these single-stage Pokemon will not include ubersin the count, however.
sounds good, but for the starters (OUR CURRENT FOCUS :mad:) we should work from the 1st form up...

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
For people talking about Gorgant. You realize that the only effective set would be a Choice Band set right? Gorgant is not getting any stat-up moves, and with such poor Speed Pokemon like Lucario and Infernape outrun and threaten easily.

-Terywj

Caterpiller

Smash Rookie
FIRE STARTER IDEA

A humanoid being which mixes psychic and fire abilities to defend itself. High Defenses and Special Attack, decent HP and Speed, low Attack. Give it moves like Reflect, Light Screen, Will-O-Wisp, Magma Pool, Calm Mind, etc.

Bulky Special Attacker, anyone?

darth meanie

Smash Journeyman
Sodcub

Sodcub is the original starter Pokemon that eventually evolves into Pandark. It has small, routund body, and is covered in moss. At this stage, it is still only a Grass-type Pokemon.

Height: 2'9"
Weight: 103.5 lb

Type: Grass
Ability: Overgrow
Gender Ratio: 87.5% Male / 12.5% Female
Breeding Group: Ground
Evolves Into: Ferkong at Level 16

Base Stats:
HP: 64
Attack: 58
Defense: 47
Special Attack: 52
Special Defense: 54
Speed: 38
Total: 313 BST

Level-Up Movepool:

1: Pound
1: Growl
8: Rollout
10: Mega Drain
14: Fury Swipes
19: Leech Seed
25: Swagger
29: Grass Knot
34: Rest
34: Snore
42: Body Slam
49: Slack Off

Ferkong

Ferkong is the evolved form of Sodcub. Much larger, and seemingly denser, it has dense muscle mass and is constantly on all fours, with thick knuckles supporting its frame. Despite this, it can fight very effectively, and demonstrates the capacity to use Dark-type moves now. It also has leaves starting to grow out of its back, and dark splotches over its body that will eventually form into Pandark's distincitve tattoos.

Height: 3'10"
Weight: 220.5 lb

Type: Grass/Dark
Gender Ratio: 87.5% Male / 12.5% Female
Breeding Group: Ground/Monster
Evolves Into: Pandark at Level 32

Base Stats:
HP: 74
Attack: 98
Defense: 68
Special Attack: 63
Special Defense: 59
Speed: 43
Total: 408 BST

Level-Up Movepool:

11: Rollout
16: Faint Attack
20: Body Slam
24: Leech Seed
29: Hammer Arm
35: Take Down
42: Night Slash

Pandark

Pandark is the final evolution of Sodcub, a Grass-type starter in the newest region. It appears as a large bear, with off-white fur covered in black tattoos, the most significant being a giant design on his chest that resembles a yin-yang symbol. Pandark has moss covering other parts of his body, and giant leaves splayed out from his back, similar to Ivysaur's bulb. It can also extend these leaves from its wrists as blades.

Height: 6' 5"
Weight: 317 lb

Type: Grass/Dark
Gender Ratio: 87.5% Male 12.5% Female
Breeding Groups: Monster / Ground

Base Stats:
HP: 79
Attack: 112
Defense: 84
Special Attack: 103
Special Defense: 89
Speed: 58
Total: 525 BST

Level-Up Movepool:

32: Leaf Blade
38: Bulk Up
43: Crunch
49: Leaf Storm
56: Zen Headbutt
63: Night Slash
70: Hypnosis

TM Movepool:

TM01 (Focus Punch)
TM05 (Roar)
TM06 (Toxic)
TM08 (Bulk Up)
TM09 (Bullet Seed)
TM10 (Hidden Power)
TM11 (Sunny Day)
TM12 (Taunt)
TM15 (Hyper Beam)
TM17 (Protect)
TM19 (Giga Drain)
TM21 (Frustration)
TM22 (Solarbeam)
TM26 (Earthquake)
TM27 (Return)
TM28 (Dig)
TM31 (Brick Break)
TM32 (Double Team)
TM41 (Torment)
TM42 (Facade)
TM43 (Secret Power)
TM44 (Rest)
TM45 (Attract)
TM46 (Thief)
TM52 (Focus Blast)
TM53 (Energy Ball)
TM54 (False Swipe)
TM56 (Fling)
TM58 (Endure)
TM60 (Drain Punch)
TM65 (Shadow Claw)
TM66 (Payback)
TM68 (Giga Impact)
TM71 (Stone Edge)
TM75 (Swords Dance)
TM76 (Stealth Rock)
TM77 (Psych Up)
TM79 (Dark Pulse)
TM80 (Rock Slide)
TM81 (X-Scissor)
TM82 (Sleep Talk)
TM83 (Natural Gift)
TM84 (Poison Jab)
TM86 (Grass Knot)
TM87 (Swagger)
TM90 (Substitute)
HM01 (Cut)
HM04 (Strength)
HM06 (Rock Smash)
HM08 (Rock Climb)

Move Tutor Movepool:

Frenzy Plant
Headbutt
Knock Off
Last Resort
Outrage
Rollout
Spite
Snore
Sucker Punch
Superpower
Swift
Uproar
Zen Headbutt

Breeding Movepool:

Counter
Cross Chop
Metal Claw
Seismic Toss
Take Down
Yawn
Stomp
Curse
Skull Bash

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Unfortunately it looks like that might be how it works.

darth meanie

Smash Journeyman
Presumably, Pandark will be part of a trio.

Fire / Psychic and Water / Fighting would be ideal, creating two type advantage triangles in opposite directions. Wiz is working on the Water / Fighting member now.

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
I suppose I'll start on the typical NU Normal types we find towards the beginning of the game. Anyone up for doing a Normal/Flying too?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
If we ever get a Shoddy Server, will these Pokemon be added too? Not just SmashCAP? lol

darth meanie

Smash Journeyman
Sample Pandark Movesets:

Pandark @ Life Orb
252 Attack/ 252 Sp Attack / 6 HP
Hypnosis
Grass Knot
Dark Pulse
Stone Edge

The standard offensive Pandark, it can hit hard on both sides and works as a decent wall-breaker, using hypnosis to stop common switch-ins and wailing away against both defenses. Unfortunately, with Life Orb attached, Pandark is easily revenge-killed, especially with his multitude of common weaknesses, such as Fire, Ice, and Fighting.

Pandark @ Choice Band
252 Attack / 252 HP / 6 Speed
Crunch
Leaf Blade
Stone Edge
Earthquake

Choice Pandark. Pandark doesn't make a particularly good choice user though, with its lack of strong offensive STAB, but it can work as a surpise against some movesets.

Pandark @ Leftovers
252 HP / 100 Def / 152 SpD / 6 Attack
Slack Off
Bulk Up
Leech Seed / Hypnosis
Crunch / Leaf Blade

A defensive Pandark moveset. Not really too much to say about it. I'm not doing damage calcs or anything.

Overall comments: Pandark is a relatively balanced Pokemon with good offensive stats and decent defense. Unfortunately, Pandark is held back by poor typing, Grass/Dark having it suffer through both a mediocre offensive move pool and a plethora of weaknesses to many of the most common attacking types, only notably resisting Ground and Water. It functions very well in UU however, where its stronger defensive stats shine, allowing it to play very effectively as a premiere Bulk Up user in that tier.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
A better idea would just be to make this in the mind of a game deisgner. Think about In-game. Yes, the Pokemon SHOULD be checked if they're acceptable for standard play, and not break anything, but they shouldn't be based off that fact.

We don't need everyone to be making movesets for competative viability. They won't even be needed if we don't get a server that can support all these.

Also, I have an idea.

Lets make this 151 SWF-Dex Pokemon. BUT, we only make 145 here. This way, 6 SmashCAP Pokemon (I used 6 because thats how many Pokemon there are in a team) will be able to finish the Pokedex.

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
Done. Sorry to copy your layout, darth meanie. :laugh: And will someone PLEASE suggest a better name. Unless you actually thik Hedgeree sounds decent.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hedgeree

Based off a hedgehog, Hedgeree is a flat, mammalian creature with a short little snout and a back covered in thick, dark spines. It's skin and fur are a mix of green, brown and black for camouflage. The eyes are very small and black to minimise the possible chance of being seen in the darkness, as it is nocturnal and preyed upon often by the bigger Staraptor, Pidgeot and Zangoose.

Height: 7"
Weight: 58 lbs

Type: Normal
Abilities: Early Bird/Hustle
Gender Ratio: 50% male, 50% female
Egg group: Ground

Stats:

HP: 65
Atk: 65
Def: 40
Sp. Atk: 20
Sp. Def: 41
Spe: 35

BST: 266

Movepool

By Level-up:

Start: Camouflage
Start: Defense Curl
Start: Growl
Start: Tackle
6: Take Down
8: Sand Attack
14: Pin Missile
19: Slash
25: Stockpile
28: Thief
29: Baton Pass
35: Super Fang

By TM:

TM09 - Bullet Seed
TM10 - Hidden Power
TM17 - Protect
TM18 - Rain Dance
TM27 - Return
TM28 - Dig
TM32 - Double Team
TM43 - Secret Power
TM44 - Rest
TM46 - Thief
TM56 - Fling
TM58 - Endure
TM65 - Shadow Claw
TM67 - Recycle
TM73 - Thunder Wave
TM77 - Psyche Up
TM78 - Captivate
TM82 - Sleep Talk
TM83 - Natural Gift
TM88 - Pluck
TM90 - Substitute
HM01 - Cut
HM06 - Rock Smash

By breeding:

Snubbull, Granbull
Teddiursa, Ursaring
Skitty, Delcatty ----------- Charm
Pachirisu
Buneary, Lopunny
Glameow, Purugly

Diglett, Dugtrio ----------- Mud Slap

Sentret, Furret------------ Trick
Spinda

By tutoring:

Fury Cutter
Knock Off
Trick
Last Resort
Snore
Swift
Iron Defense
Mud Slap
Seed Bomb

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

... and that's the first of two. Remind me to never do these again.

Caterpiller

Smash Rookie
Pyrosis

Pyrosis (pyro and telekenisis) has a thin but tall humanoid body, and stands on two legs. Its face is long and pointed, and it appears to be wearing a large red robe with yellow designs in it.

BASE STATS

HP: 65
Attack: 58
Defense: 110
Speed:87
Special Attack: 100
Special Defense: 110

Total: 530

ABILITY

Blaze

MOVES

--: Tackle
--: Leer
7: Confusion
11: Ember
17: Meditate
20: Psybeam
27: Mind Reader
30: Fire Punch
32: Psywave
34: Detect
39: Will-O-Wisp
43: Flamethrower
47: Psychic
50: Calm Mind
55: Magic Coat
58: Magma Pool

TM01: Focus Punch
TM04: Calm Mind
TM08: Bulk Up
TM10: Hidden Power
TM11: Sunny Day
TM12: Taunt
TM15: Hyper Beam
TM16: Light Screen
TM17: Protect
TM21: Frustration
TM22: Solar Beam
TM27: Return
TM29: Psychic
TM30: Shadow Ball
TM31: Brick Break
TM32: Double Team
TM33: Reflect
TM35: Flamethrower
TM38: Fire Blast
TM41: Torment
TM43: Secret Power
TM44: Rest
TM45: Attract
TM50: Overheat
TM52: Focus Blast
TM53: Energy Ball
TM58: Endure
TM59: Dragon Pulse
TM61: Will-O-Wisp
TM68: Giga Impact
TM77: Psych Up
TM82: Sleep Talk
TM86: Grass Knot
TM90: Substitute

HM08: Rock Climb

The basics for a final-stage starter. Some possible Egg Moves include Agility, Mirror Coat, Nasty Plot, Hypnosis, Cross Chop, etc.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Let's not use Writer's Magma Pool idea.
Its useless ingame.
and breaks the Metagame.

Not good.

darth meanie

Smash Journeyman
100% burn against all switch-ins can't be balanced. Ever. 1/2 Attack and 12.5% damage a turn? Ridiculous.

JOE!

Smash Hero
100% burn against all switch-ins can't be balanced. Ever. 1/2 Attack and 12.5% damage a turn? Ridiculous.
which is why the 100% burn is going to be taken away

lets see, it can either be a small chance of burn (10% like normal fire attacks) or not at all?

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Let's not use Writer's Magma Pool idea.
Its useless ingame.
and breaks the Metagame.

Not good.
EDIT: Holy **** I completely forgot about Blissey with my move. I was paying too much attention to its ability to deal damage AND burn to realize that burning alone was a bit ridiculous. I guess I could see a 20-ish% chance of burn, and maybe even doing that across the board instead of just to grounded Pokemon. **** Mence.
Lrn2rdbck. I edit posts like a mad man, which I'd think people would have really noticed by now...

And also remember that I said to tell me what you think. Do you know why I said that? Because I knew it wasn't perfect. Constructive criticism please. Not "this thing is ****". It was a start. I was willing to work with it. And BTW, it doesn't necessarily break anything. It gives anything with Flash Fire the instant boost (I forgot to mention that, but it's true) and anything with Guts gets the attack boost as well. It's also nigh useless against Stall, which things like Blissey will enjoy switching in on so they aren't forced to suffer from Toxic and ****. And if I changed the Burn chance to 20%, then all it really does is damage and force a Flash Fire boost, as 1 out of every 5 switches (statistically) will cause a Burn. And its inability to be played with any other sort of entry hazard makes it less broken as well.

EDIT: I'd even go for 10%. Idk. Testing this is nigh impossible anyway, so whatever the percentage is really doesn't matter. I do realize what a 100% burn chance can do to the metagame though. I'm sorry if I just didn't think of it within the 5 to 10 minutes it took me to come up with the idea and post it. Geez.

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
Porcuprine

A step up from its pre-evolution, Porcuprine has discarded its nonviolent behavious in exchange for a more aggressive lifestyle. The spines on its back and the claws on its feet are sharper and longer for attacking smaller unaware prey like Bidoof, and the snout has developed a spike at the end, which can inject a disabling poison to allow easier catches.

Height: 1' 7"
Weight: 62 lbs

Type: Normal
Abilities: Poison Point/Hustle
Gender Ratio: 50% male, 50% female
Egg group: Ground

Stats:

HP: 90
Atk: 90
Def: 60
Sp Atk: 55
Sp Def: 60
Spe: 55

BST: 410

Movepool

By leveling-up:

Start: Tackle
Start: Leer
Start: Growl
2: Defense Curl
4: Take Down
6: Sand Attack
8: Bullet Seed
12: Fury Swipes
15: Slash
19: Mud Slap
23: Pin Missile
24: Rollout
25: Spikes
27: Thief
28: Snatch
30: Baton Pass
34: Super Fang

By TM/HM:

TM03 - Water Pulse
TM05 - Roar
TM06 - Toxic
TM08 - Bulk Up
TM09 - Bullet Seed
TM10 - Hidden Power
TM12 - Taunt
TM15 - Hyper Beam
TM17 - Protect
TM18 - Rain Dance
TM21 - Frustration
TM23 - Iron Tail
TM27 - Return
TM28 - Dig
TM31 - Brick Break
TM32 - Double Team
TM36 - Sludge Bomb
TM40 - Aerial Ace
TM42 - Facade
TM43 - Secret Power
TM44 - Rest
TM45 - Attract
TM46 - Thief
TM49 - Snatch
TM53 - Energy Ball
TM54 - False Swipe
TM56 - Bling
TM58 - Endure
TM63 - Embargo
TM65 - Shadow Claw
TM66 - Payback
TM68 - Giga Impact
TM73 - Thunder Wave
TM75 - Swords Dance
TM77 - Psych Up
TM78 - Captivate
TM81 - X-Scissor
TM82 - Sleep Talk
TM83 - Natural Gift
TM84 - Poison Jab
TM87 - Swagger
TM88 - Pluck
TM89 - Pluck
TM90 - Substitute
HM01 - Cut
HM04 - Strength
HM06 - Rock Smash
HM08 - Rock Climb

By tutoring:

Fury Cutter
Knock Off
Sucker Punch
Trick
Snore
Swift
Uproar
Aqua Tail
Iron Defense
Mud Slap
Rollout
Seed Bomb
Superpower

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Hoo boy. Tell me what you guys think of this!

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Magma Pool:

Oh look, I'm going to go for an SD Lucario sweep.
Oh my, I got burned, man, bad luck.
Oh my, looks like mysweep won't happen.
Oh well, turns out that my opponent had an extreme SDLucario problem, and I lost because of something more broken than stealth rock.

Or, alternatively.

Oh look, I switched in my Guts Ursaring/Heracross in and got burned.
Insta-sweep/Insta-hurt

@Terywj:
WE NEED TRUE JELLYFISH POKEMON.

TENTACRUEL/COOL DOESNT COUNT THEIR SQUID OCTOPUS JELLYFISH THINGS

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
****it I'm too hasty to read.

I thought you said Animal not bug lol.