• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox Creation & Showcase Workshop: Post your BrawlBox stuff here!

GadgetTR

Smash Apprentice
Wait, why is is that we can't get certain characters from TvsC just because it hasn't been released in the US yet when we can still get others? I'm kind of in the dark here.

Also:
BigSharkZ said:
I've gotten Hare Hare Yukai, Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, Castlevania Judgement and Naruto models to load in Brawl Box, but I can only see the textures and palettes. I've tried changing the file's data in hex but I'm still getting to nowhere. RandomTBush, or any other person who might have gotten it to work, could you tell me what did you change exactly in hex? The closest I got was the textures and palettes to work.
That's a song, right? Surely you don't mean to tell me that there's a game called that, right? o_o

GadgetTR

Smash Apprentice
Well if that's true, he (or someone) NEEDS* to find some way to get them to work. I could come up with a moveset for Haruhi or Yuki easily. XD

*I would give them free CAKE
(The cake is a lie.)

Oh and also, ignore my question about TvsC plz.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
I think he means the models from the animated/3D Hare Hare Yukai dance video. ...?
I'm not exactly sure what it's called, but there is a Haruhi game on the Wii where you do dance the Hare Hare Yukai. (Among other songs I suppose)

*does some research*

Here it is. It's called Suzumiya Haruhi no Gekidou.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7L6tN94aJKg

So, SOS brigade for Brawl then?

Gundamsdboy

Smash Apprentice
That Viewtiful Joe hack is great! Did you size mod it or edit its vertices?

More importantly, are you going to release it? I think it would be great and would love it as is!

KuroBit

Smash Apprentice
That Viewtiful Joe hack is great! Did you size mod it or edit its vertices?

More importantly, are you going to release it? I think it would be great and would love it as is!
Thanks! I just did simple bone scaling. I'm still learning how to edit vertices.

I guess I can release it. I only have a few animations done though, all the rest of the have Captain Falcon's scaling and everything. I have standing, turning, and all running related animations, no walking or jumping or anything yet, although jumping is next on my to-do list (if I ever get to it...).

bleyva

Smash Ace
Every now and then, I fiddle around with various things in BrawlBox -- most attempts end up failing, though. For another skin I plan on making, I need to be able to swap polygons, since just modifying vertices isn't enough. So far, my first test worked -- transferring a piece of Snake's Cypher over to Jigglypuff (as sort of a headband, hee hee).

(Alternate shot, showing off the back.)

Just thought that I'd show you guys that it is possible to transfer parts between models using BrawlBox (and hex editing). Although it only works with things that have less polygons than whatever you're replacing...

Reminds me of one of Melee's Trophy Tussle stages. The brightness for it is a bit iffy, though. Try your best to fix it. :)
why not put the cypher on mario's head, complete the Dr. Mario look :p (without the hat of course0

Eldiran

Smash Lord
I can get both Chun-Li and Morrigan, but I don't think I can get Zero just yet. After all, TvsC isn't released over here yet... or has it been leaked?
Ah, okay, I didn't realize it wasn't out yet... though according to Wikipedia it'll only be another 4 days. I would still be very much appreciative if you rip Zero when you can...

...when I get the chance, I think I'll try a couple attempts to get your VJoe.brres working on some characters. Anything to help out this effort.

To clarify, Eldiran's Sword Ganondorf does not use a model swapped beam sword. He attached the sword to his item holding bone and modified his attacks to fit that. This means he can grab while having it out, but can't grab items.
This is true. (Sigma's the one with a swapped beam sword.) Technically he would be able to grab items, except that I intentionally had him sheathe the blade whenever he does.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Eldiran, it isn't going to work for some time until we can properly label his bones, or hex them correctly, or w/e.

He's missing EVERY bone that a regular character would probably need, including Hand or Have bones for items ledges and etc, which are injected into Fighter.pac.

Renaming...MIGHT work, but I don't remember if you actually have to hex them to be arranged properly.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Eldiran, do you have MSN? If so, can you add GokuSSJ15@live.com? :p

Also, RandomTBush, maybe I could help you with your problem? If you feel like sharing, just PM me or something.

Also, hint to something I'm going to make: Another Meta Viewtiful Strife on Ganondorf's tower.

piggybank67

Smash Journeyman
yeah so i just downloaded tatsukono vs capcom
and i have no idea how to extract the fpk files

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Also, RandomTBush, maybe I could help you with your problem? If you feel like sharing, just PM me or something.
I'm not sure if you know how to fix it. Apparently, there's some sort of hidden value that determines how much polygons a group is supposed to have. My test did NOT work over Jigglypuff's Dawn hat (200 faces), but it did when I replaced the head of the King K. Rool trophy (991). The thing I'm trying to get working has 765 faces.

...and no, I don't plan on showing it off until I get it working.

Also, if someone can find/write a program to convert a list of decimal numbers into 2-byte hex values, it would make it so much less time consuming. (I've spent 5 hours trying to get it working so far -- 3 hours were for manually converting each and every value...)

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
I'm not sure if you know how to fix it. Apparently, there's some sort of hidden value that determines how much polygons a group is supposed to have. My test did NOT work over Jigglypuff's Dawn hat (200 faces), but it did when I replaced the head of the King K. Rool trophy (991). The thing I'm trying to get working has 765 faces.

...and no, I don't plan on showing it off until I get it working.

Also, if someone can find/write a program to convert a list of decimal numbers into 2-byte hex values, it would make it so much less time consuming. (I've spent 5 hours trying to get it working so far -- 3 hours were for manually converting each and every value...)
Hmm. Maybe when it doesn't have enough faces, it doesn't work? Or something triggers the fact that if the number of faces is lower than the original, or if there's some sort of maximum number of faces, it would cause to freeze, or not work. And what I meant by sharing was to share your problem, not what you've been working on. :p

Also, did you get my PM?

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Eldiran, it isn't going to work for some time until we can properly label his bones, or hex them correctly, or w/e.

He's missing EVERY bone that a regular character would probably need, including Hand or Have bones for items ledges and etc, which are injected into Fighter.pac.

Renaming...MIGHT work, but I don't remember if you actually have to hex them to be arranged properly.
Well, the important bones are based off of BoneIndex, so strictly speaking, the bone name doesn't matter. Renaming 'em should be fine. As long as BoneIndexes work normally, bones should work fine.

Eldiran, do you have MSN? If so, can you add GokuSSJ15@live.com? :p
Sorry, I don't use MSN.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Seeing the animated Ridley Destination on the first page made me wonder, is there an animated version of that stage available for download?

Overdrive64

Smash Journeyman
I fear I may be getting a bit ahead of myself, but I just realized that the models from Tatsunoko vs. Capcom are very similar to Brawl's format.

There's MegaMan's drill on Jigglypuff's head.
In a similar fashion could megamans cannon be put on the arm of the ness texture?

http://www.brawlsnapshots.com/snapshots/169329.png

Between the arm cannon, and if the backpack and hat trim are removed, that would look very convincing as megaman

Andarel

Smash Apprentice
^ Jigglypuff's headbutts just got significantly more painful. Also, rollout should technically not work due to the drill getting stuck.

Any other games with similar model formats? I hear monster hunter is at least openable with BrawlBox...

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Any other games with similar model formats? I hear monster hunter is at least openable with BrawlBox...
Send 'em to me, and I'll see what I can do.
So far, I know the following about games that use BRRES files (and this will help me determine what I have to do to get them working):

- Tatsunoko vs. Capcom and Naruto Shippuden GNT EX3 (thanks, ds22!) both work after re-arranging the header. Something (bone structure/model layers?) is stopping it from working in-game.
- Suzumiya Haruhi no Gekidou, New Super Mario Bros. Wii and PokéPark don't work, even after re-arranging the header. ("Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection." is what BrawlBox gives me. HOWEVER, I got the Fire Flower from NSMBWii to work, so it's something related to the bone structure/rigging.)
- Haven't tried Castlevania Judgment yet, but I will later on today. I'll let you know how/if it works.

...and my test WORKED in-game with no errors when I tried it on the King K. Rool trophy, but I don't wanna show it until I get it working on Jigglypuff's head. B:

ALSO. As promised, this is how to re-arrange the header so that BrawlBox can read it.

Delete the bytes that are red, then insert 12 "FF" bytes in where the blue is.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
...and my test WORKED in-game with no errors when I tried it on the King K. Rool trophy, but I don't wanna show it until I get it working on Jigglypuff's head. B:
Nice! ...is it possible the problem is caused by trying to replace a specific polygon rather than the entire model?

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Nice! ...is it possible the problem is caused by trying to replace a specific polygon rather than the entire model?
I believe it has something to do with the fact that it doesn't like me trying to add a polygon group that has more faces than the original. One of my tests was transferring Jigglypuff's straw hat (233 faces) over her Dawn hat (200 faces). Didn't work, but it did when I did it the other way around (Dawn -> straw hat). Same thing happened with my newest test.

I'm gonna keep trying, though. There's gotta be a way to add bigger polygon groups to models without having to re-build EVERYTHING.

(Fun fact, by the way. The crown Jigglypuff you guys saw earlier in this topic? All the data for that is not overwriting anything. I tagged it all to the end of the MDL0 and re-directed the offsets there.)

Also, Morrigan and Chun-Li for those who wanted them.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
ALSO. As promised, this is how to re-arrange the header so that BrawlBox can read it.

Delete the bytes that are red, then insert 12 "FF" bytes in where the blue is.
Uh, I dunno why but it isn't working for me. What blue part are you talking about? The 2C0 or the little blue part? So, I add 12 "FF" to either one of these two locations, then delete the red parts? Also, I'm using un-compressed versions of the brres files, does that matter?

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Uh, I dunno why but it isn't working for me. What blue part are you talking about? The 2C0 or the little blue part? So, I add 12 "FF" to either one of these two locations, then delete the red parts? Also, I'm using un-compressed versions of the brres files, does that matter?
The blue square in between the "3E5787CF" and the "0000008D". Basically, what I mean by that, is that you have to add in some filler data ("FFFFFFFF FFFFFFFF FFFFFFFF") between those two sets of bytes so that the strings won't be broken.

ds22

Smash Lord
Okay, using RandomTBush method of re-arranging the mdl0 header, I got Naruto's model form Naruto Shippuden GNT EX3 to preview.
Well, kinda.
Have a look for yourself:

I wonder why the texture won't show up.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Strange, it still isn't working. I went to Offset 00000340, went to where you told me to go, added FFFFFFFF FFFFFFFF FFFFFFFF, then deleted what you said to delete and it still didn't work.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Ds22, try un-checking some polygons, I've done that to Morrigan and she got fixed. I'm still trying to figure out what I did wrong.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Strange, it still isn't working. I went to Offset 00000340, went to where you told me to go, added FFFFFFFF FFFFFFFF FFFFFFFF, then deleted what you said to delete and it still didn't work.
Waitwaitwait... Let me explain it a bit more.

You need to delete the first two sets of "00000000" so that the Materials 1 and Materials 2 offsets (13E4 and 14BC in the example I showed) will be in the right spot, and the next (or sometimes only) "00000000" needs to be deleted so that the Textures 1 (and sometimes Textures 2) will be in the right spots. At the end of the header is the "bounding box min/max" values, which starts where it says "BF32CA8A" and ends where it says "3E5787CF". You need to put in some filler data after that to make up for the three sets of "00000000" that you deleted, or else the strings will be reading from the wrong spots, and therefore make it not want to work.

And as for why the textures won't work, ds22, try unchecking certain textures in the bottom-left box. Some models have texture overlays, which will be on top priority. If you turn some specific ones off, you should be able to see the real textures. Kinda like the problem that Samus's model has.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
I couldn't get the Pokepark Haunter model to work, even with the header rearranged. :(

I'm going to try again, to make sure I didn't mess something up.

Top Bottom