• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox Creation & Showcase Workshop: Post your BrawlBox stuff here!

ds22

Smash Lord
It's the same issue as TvC? Are Brawl's models really that unusual in size, or is there a potential issue with the method being used to convert them?
I don't think it's the fault of the method we currently use.
It's a difference in model size.
It can probably be fixed if we could increase the size without modifying the bones or giving it the bones from a Brawl character so that the size of the model is adjusted to normal in Brawl.
BTW, the model of Death the Kid is in fact large, probably even larger that Ganondorf.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
So I tried RandomTBush's method of re-arranging the mdl0 header with 3 models of Naruto Ryuujinki and although it placed the Polygons in the right folder, it still wouldn't preview right.
http://www.mediafire.com/?zzmzy4yxmm2
Someone knows how to do it with these particular type of models?
(Those 3 models I uploaded are the original, unmodified ones)
"Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection."
Since it seems to be a shared problem between the few games I tried, if I find out how to fix the problem (and I will, just give me time), it'll be a global fix -- one that will work for any other game that gives me that error.

Also, I'm an idiot. I think I might've found out the problem I had with getting the hat working on Jigglypuff, and it's a really simple fix.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
You're no idiot and you know this. I'm getting hyped just reading this topic now.

KuroBit

Smash Apprentice
I made a stage in a rather unconventional way...

It doesn't look very pretty but it works XD. (It was about 90% made in paint x_x)

Also, just because it looks funny, my first quick test of 2D stages:

Quality wasn't my main concern.

KuroBit

Smash Apprentice
I'd love those stages KuroBit, can we have a DL?
I don't see why not, since I made mostly everything on it. Let me just do some more editing on Hyrule Castle first, and then I'll edit my last post with the link.

EDIT: Actually, keep looking down, I'll make a new post.

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
I think he just got Flat Zones BG and Edited it to look like that and Drew to make it look like a stage. Am i right? The Paper Destanation made me lol.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
If I was to make a 2D stage part I would use an Assist Trophy. In fact, I do use one in Castle Dedede.

The great thing about the 2D stuff is that you can make ANYTHING you want....you just can't make it in 3D. Well, I guess pre-rendered 3D graphics could work.

KuroBit

Smash Apprentice
I replaced the background with the Advance Wars soldier, and the stage with the Advance Wars tank. The stage replaces Final Destination, but it's so basic that you can just import and export the models and textures into another stage and it should work fine.

I added stage music to the .zip file, but if you just want the stage, just go into the pf/stage/melee/ folder and it's right there:

You can use this to make really anything you want. Just draw the foreground and background, move the layers a bit if needed, edit the collisions, and you've got yourself a (2D) stage XD. The models should fit well on the screen, so you wont need to do much scaling.

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
You sir, are a beast. maybe now we can have Mario Bros 1-1 for real! Or some really wierd things.

It's a forum

Smash Apprentice
The 2D stages shouldn't look as bad when played on Hanenbow and Flat Zone. I just ported 2D Hyrule Castle to Hanenbow and plan on doing the same to Flat Zone. Has anyone else tested the 2D stages with the 2D filter?

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
The 2D stages shouldn't look as bad when played on Hanenbow and Flat Zone. I just ported 2D Hyrule Castle to Hanenbow and plan on doing the same to Flat Zone. Has anyone else tested the 2D stages with the 2D filter?
No, but I'd like to see pics of that. Also, has anyone figured out how to add the 2D effect to other stages yet?

If nothing else, at least this 2D stage thing should be able to provide a nice looking Paper Mario stage.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
I replaced the background with the Advance Wars soldier, and the stage with the Advance Wars tank. The stage replaces Final Destination, but it's so basic that you can just import and export the models and textures into another stage and it should work fine.

I added stage music to the .zip file, but if you just want the stage, just go into the pf/stage/melee/ folder and it's right there:

http://www.mediafire.com/?mzojy1ymmjm

You can use this to make really anything you want. Just draw the foreground and background, move the layers a bit if needed, edit the collisions, and you've got yourself a (2D) stage XD. The models should fit well on the screen, so you wont need to do much scaling.
dudeeee. You're amazing.

E-Jolteon

Smash Ace
I made a stage in a rather unconventional way...

It doesn't look very pretty but it works XD. (It was about 90% made in paint x_x)

Also, just because it looks funny, my first quick test of 2D stages:

Quality wasn't my main concern.
Some things are best put on hold until model hacking..

Funny, though.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
why did you quote that whole post x_x

and these are amazingly sexy regardless. model hacking may look better but in the long run this is much more fun xD

KuroBit

Smash Apprentice
why did you quote that whole post x_x

and these are amazingly sexy regardless. model hacking may look better but in the long run this is much more fun xD
My stages kind of remind me of bad Super Smash Bros. fan-games XD.

Ah, I didn't think of that. But how do you remove the stage elements from those stages? (The bouncing fish and the G&W games)

KuroBit

Smash Apprentice
Ya know, what would happen if you used this method on characters?

I can imagine some funny 2D stuff happening...
If we could figure out how to make texture animations, we could have entirely 2D characters XD.

EDIT: I overlooked that Tails on Sonic thing o_o... Nice job LuigiMan.

metaXzero

Smash Champion
If we could figure out how to make texture animations, we could have entirely 2D characters XD.

EDIT: I overlooked that Tails on Sonic thing o_o... Nice job LuigiMan.
Blazblue sprites go!!! XD

Though I'd expect G&W knockoffs before that.
Hope animations are figured out one day...

zaneebaslave

Smash Journeyman
Suppose I made this nice model....

Would any Mother 3 fans make this into a character for SSBB? I am none too computer savvy, so I cant make this puppy for myself, but it would be bloody awesome to see one of these in Brawl. Plus, I would like to share my joy with the rest of humanity if at all possible. Come PM me if you are interested. I'd like to see what you think.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Made a quick 2D one... Gonna test, expecting freeze <_>. If it does im gonna need halp.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Wow that pigmask is amazing. I'll PSA it when putting it in becomes possible. And grrrrage. Instead of the lovely stage I was expecting, I got two huge squares with what looks to be pallettes? on it. And the collisions didn't work at all :I

KuroBit

Smash Apprentice
Wow that pigmask is amazing. I'll PSA it when putting it in becomes possible. And grrrrage. Instead of the lovely stage I was expecting, I got two huge squares with what looks to be pallettes? on it. And the collisions didn't work at all :I
Wow, seems like a lot of stuff went wrong for you... Can you upload or email me the file? I'll try to see what's wrong.

Also, I drew a stage and scanned it into the computer :p

Didn't come out as nice as the original drawing, but it works...

EDIT: Updated the image, looks a bit nicer now.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Right here. Just explain what to replace the textures with (what filetype, how many colors, level of detail, all that razz), stuff like that

KuroBit

Smash Apprentice
Basic 2D Level Making Tutorial:

First download my 2D Hyrule Temple stage Here.

Textures:

First of all, the height and width of your image your using needs to be a number that's the power of 2. What I mean, is a number like 32, 64, 128, 256, 512, 1024, 2048, etc...

Second of all, your image needs to be CI8 (or CI4?) format. For your palette, if you want your images to be transparent, choose RGB5A3, otherwise use RGB565. I don't think the number of colors matter, so just pick the lowest amount of colors where your image still looks good (saves space the lower it is). I'm not sure if MIP levels effect anything, but if it's not working try setting it to 1.

EDIT: I forgot to note that transparency can only either be on, or off, no in-between. I mean, you can set it, but brawl will automatically either turn it on or off. I also forgot to say, the height and width of your image do NOT have to be the same, you can have a texture of 32x256 if you want and it should work in the game.

Models and Collision:

When your making your collision data, If you've changed the stage/background position in it's animation, remember that you need to have the exact same data in it's non-animation state (you can change this when your already in an animation by going to frame 0), otherwise, it won't show the same in the collision editor.

EDIT: Also, when moving or scaling bones, I think you can use any bone you want (except I've learned you should probably stay away from the TopN and Soldier bones when scaling), but the scaling factor on TransN is special. The values I put in make both models almost exactly the same size, so changing that will make the images sizes different. Although if you just have a basic cloud background or something, feel free to change these. You only need to keep them the same if you need something from the background to be directly under an object from the foreground.

LSDX

Wah!
Suppose I made this nice model....

Would any Mother 3 fans make this into a character for SSBB? I am none too computer savvy, so I cant make this puppy for myself, but it would be bloody awesome to see one of these in Brawl. Plus, I would like to share my joy with the rest of humanity if at all possible. Come PM me if you are interested. I'd like to see what you think.
Duster > Mother 3 > Pigmask

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Uh, If I were to give someone an image, could they make it into a stage? I just got back into the hacking scene and well I am mentally ******** at doing this sort of thing.
I promise it will be full of win.

Top Bottom