• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC] 3 Stock'd ~ Melbourne 2010 ~ Nope

Timic83

Smash Ace
Moorabbin/Hampton East, Melbourne, Australia
shoutouts

everyone - sory for breaking down and crying (can sometimes be irrational cos my aspergers...) after not making thru pools... its just sometimes you think, this is gonna be it, this is gonna be the time i finally make it... so many close games... but still, ggs to all i played with, and ty for jjjj and toshi help comfort me :) i was abl to get happy by playing melee and sf3, and realising brawl dosent mean anything, its just a bs game XD
vermy - AWESOME SF3 AND SF4 GAMES
2 kids me and abhi beat - you got gayed
jjjj and others - ty for emotional support during khoa match :D
abhi - best team ever, WE DIDNT COME LAST!

abhishekh

Smash Journeyman
Fun stuff, props to the organizers. My only real complaint would be that there are no counterpicks for pools.

Why is that?

---

Shout outs:

Timic - Fun stuff in doubles. I kinda screwed up a lot, but oh well ;o

Khoa - Only got a couple friendlies with you, but they were really fun. Glad you're back.

Joey - Lots of fun talking to you, and grats on making it out of pools ><

ViVa - Bleh, your luigi and mario are just plain obscene.

----

I've probably forgotten people, so I guess I'll do more later when it's not 1AM.

Vermy

Smash Champion
Abhi, in reference to your query about pools' stage select, the idea is to seed out the "weak" from the "strong". So putting you in a situation where you do not gain any benefit nor loss means no one has a heavy/unfair advantage. Its the way pools have been done for a long time now, and there's no reason to change. Hope that explains it a bit. =)

Good to see some fresh faces, as well as how much everyone has improved over the summer break. I hope y'all enjoyed yourselves. We'll have more TVs set up next tourney, so matches will go quicker. I'll also be much more tyrannical next time, walk out while you're in bracket/have pools matches and I will enforce my "5 minute forfiet" rule. We had a few people hold up things (I will not name anyone) and I will not tolerate it again. Other than that, great day, ran pretty freakin' smooth considering it was our first.

Will post shoutouts later. <3

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Results

3'Stock'd I - January - Results

Doubles [26 Entrants (13 Teams)]

1/ B*tch Please (Afropony + Tibs) [Metanight + Diddy Kong] - 10 points | $45.50
2/ Team Awesome (Earl + Nicks) [Metaknight + Wario] - 8 points | $19.50
3/ Hammertime (Splice + C~Dog) [Game & Watch + Kirby] - 6 points
4/ Fireflies (JaVa + ViVa) [Pit + Mario] - 4 points
5/ Metgame (Tanman + Khoa) [Game & Watch + Metaknight] - 2 points
5/ DV8 (Dean + Vermy) [Marth + Snake/Pokemon Trainer/Diddy Kong] - 2 points
7/ The Legend of Dinosauric Proportions (Ledge + T-rex)
7/ Alfa + Haydino (Alfa + Haydino)
9/ Llama Farmers (Toshi + J4)
9/ B*tchslap (Bryan + Edgegames)
9/ Fudgecake (Cake + Tiff)
9/ Orange (Timic + Abhi)
13/ Presidents of Breakfast the South (Suraj + Deepak)

Singles - Pools [25 Entrants]
(names in red advanced to the bracket, seeded according to the Victorian Brawl Power Rankings)

Pool 1
1/ Afropony 11-1
2/ Ledge 10-2
3/ Nicks 7-5
4/ T-rex 7-5
5/ Edgegames 4-8
6/ Nick 2-10
7/ Erin 1-11

Pool 2
1/ Splice 10-0
2/ Java 7-3 (Had to leave for basketball D: would have got 2nd seed)
3/ Tanman 6-4
4/ Bryan 4-6
5/ Vermy 3-7
6/ Jamie 0-10

Pool 3
1/ Earl 8-2
2/ Dean 6-4
3/ Haydino 5-5
4/ Khoa 5-5
5/ Timic 3-7
5/ Alfa 3-7

Pool 4
1/ Tibs 10-0
2/ Toshi 7-3
3/ C~Dog 7-3
4/ J4 3-7
5/ ViVa 2-8
6/ Abhi 1-9

Singles - Brackets [16 Entrants]

1/ Tibs [Diddy Kong] - 10 points | $45.00
2/ Afropony [Metaknight] - 9 points | $22.50
3/ Earl [Metaknight/Zero Suit Samus] - 8 points | $7.50
4/ Splice [Game & Watch] - 7 points
5/ Nicks [Wario] - 6 points
5/ Toshi [Diddy Kong] - 6 points
7/ Ledge [Metaknight/Snake] - 4 points
7/ C~Dog [Kirby] - 4 points
9/ Tanman [Sonic/Donkey Kong] - 2 points
9/ Edgegames [Snake/Sheik] - 2 points
9/ Khoa [Metaknight/D3] - 2 points
9/ Haydino [Game & Watch] - 2 points
13/ J4
13/ Bryan
13/ Dean
13/ T-rex

Videos

Singles - Grand Finals
Tibs v Afro Match 1
Tibs v Afro Match 2

Doubles - Grandfinals
Earl + Nicks v Tibs + Afro Set 1 Match 1
Earl + Nicks v Tibs + Afro Set 1 Match 2
Earl + Nicks v Tibs + Afro Set 1 Match 3+4
Earl + Nicks v Tibs + Afro Set 2 Match 1 ft. State of Mind
Earl + Nicks v Tibs + Afro Set 2 Match 2 ft. The Upbeats
Earl + Nicks v Tibs + Afro Set 2 Match 3 ft. Concord Dawn

~~~

Thanks for everyone that showed up, it meant a lot. :3 I hope it was an enjoyable experience for you all, please cut us a littttle slack if some things weren't as good as they could have been ;D Unfortunately, we only had 4 working tvs from 6(1 lagged, and 1 didn't work at all), and we ran a bit overtime.

I have learned a few things to keep in mind for the next tourney, February 7th, so hopefully things with run a lot more smoothly.

Shouts and bracket images tomorrow when i am not so tired O: Also fancy ranbat pics or something.

PS: B*tch Please played B*tchslap in the first round of doubles. It was pretty cool.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Small shoutouts:

Abhi - every match I watched and played you in was epic. You do amazing things.

Splice - stop it.

Tanman - booohahahahaha.

Guys running the tournament - GJ, not many TV's makes it way hard.

I 3-stocked a Sheik with Fox in pools...go me.

ViVa

Smash Ace
Just doing one shoutout for now...

ViVa: You are a idiot, stop not taking **** seriously and play mario. >_>

I'll do more shoutouts later when I'm done beating myself up for acting like a ****** during pools yesterday. :urg:

Splice

Smash Hero
Shoutouts:

Afropony: That’s probably the best tournament set I’ve had vs your MK. I enjoyed those games, I always had the lead but you just took that away last stock both times. I like your dads music :bee:

Condog: Teaming with you wasn’t too bad. It was pretty fun sometimes, and the set against Jei and Viva was enjoyable. We don’t really play very well together, but it’s ok, I had fun! Good job on running your first tournament, with 4 TVs.

Ledge: 7th! That’s… like… One place above 9th! haha! Good to see you at the tournament.

Joey Toshiba: Man your diddy has gotten so much more fluent! You deserved 5th place for sure, I think you can do very well this year! Wario on Brinstar isn’t really that much of a CP against GaW lol. Nair ftw… Not to mention UpB’ing the Waft LOL! That was hilarious, GG’s, they were my favourite games of the entire tournament.

Nicks: Don’t use MK when you don’t use him anymore just because it CP’s GaW… those sorts of things don’t really work. The Wario match was pretty hilarious =P So many matches against Warios on Brinstar for me yesterday… silly Warios.

Tanman: Dtilt has failed me vs Sonic, and Bacon has failed me vs DK. Apparently playing normally still works though lol! GG’s, I enjoy playing/talking to you.

Vermy: You are just a 9 magnet aren’t you? lol at the GaW Dtilt vs Squirtle. That was hilarious! Also good job on your first tournament.

Timic: That thing that you told me to do in SF4 only worked on the CPUs… Dammit. I really though you’d make it out of pools.

Earl: I’m happy with my placing, but I didn’t really enjoy our matches this time around. The first one was alright but using ZSS against me kinda destroyed my hopes of having a fun set. =/

Dean: Good to see you at the tournament! I think you deserved 9th tbh, but next time ey? Got no friendlies against you this time around, =O

Abhi: Best Luigi in Australia, you have to challenge Luke now. You should have beat Tibs in those matches and he knows it. He’ll be practicing that MU for the next few weeks mhmm!

Tibs: You ruined my top 4 order predictions! I was so close to having the entire top 8 predetermined but you had to beat Afropony and ruin everything… I guess your still on the top of the Smash Food Chain.

Jei: Snaaaaaake! That’s something you can say every time he doesn’t grab the ledge after a cypher ;) I’m glad you still play. You also ruined my predictions by leaving early lol

Haydino: 1 spot off repping GaW in Shayas thingamajig. You got your game back throughout the tourney lol, “sucked very very baddly at the stard of the day”. We are bad in doubles friendlies. Also the MK plushie is a piece of ****. The Kirby one is awesome though. I don’t want it anymore though now that Joey has had his way with it.

Alfa: Thanks for helping me with information about CP’s and MU’s whenever I need you and also telling me which characters name ended with “us” and therefore needed to have a plural of Sami.

T-Rex: SAMUS? FALCO? That ain’t… … I liked your Marth and C.Falcon. I guess when we have low tier again I will see that C.Falcon more… Oh wait Samus… nyerrr!
Well, it was good to see you at a tournament again, It feels like it’s been quite a while lol.

Edgegames: I wasn’t sandbagging. I was just trying to get a 9. There’s a big difference :p Your Snake was pretty decent too.

Khoa <3 : Yay! I love seeing you at the tournaments ^__^ I’m so glad you enjoyed yourself and I got to spend some time with you, a very small amount of time but still.

Joey Joey Joe Joe <3 : Commentary win. The S.D “commentate and play” attempt was hilarious xD. I enjoyed laughing with you and alienating everyone else who happened to witness our conversations. What’s up with not coming to tournaments for ages :( You made the last 3 tournaments I’ve been to fantastic and the best. <3

Comments:
Doubles needed more Hanenbow.

Anyone notice I placed one place below the money in doubles and singles? Kinda sucks.

GG’s to everyone I enjoyed the first tournament of this year.

P.S Tibs wears Kirby shoes.

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
shoutouts:

Vermy: awesome doubles partner, we started doing well as soon as we got eliminated :(, your Diddy/Snake were doing really well. we got ranking points!
'JaVa'/ViVa: we got wrecked first set, you two are both great players. pit's as good as ever JAVA, and your mario is pretty incredible sometimes viva.
Cake/Tiff: i think you've both improved and are not a bad team, keep up the good work!
Alfa: when did you get so good? hard as hell to approach, and i didn't think i'd ever get hit by that many bowser fsmashes. bad luck not making it out of pools, i think you deserved to and you will soon.
Haydino: 'sif you're gonna use meta knight against me! the G&W is still solid as ever, and now you're probs gonna learn the marth matchup and wreck me next tournament :(.
Earl: the zero suit's coming along nicely, i was suprised! you haven't been using her long? grats on placing in the money. i didn't get to play your meta knight this time, disappointing.
Timic: bad luck on not making it out, i got really lucky in our first match. you've improved quite a lot as well.
Khoa: what a nice guy :). you definately deserved your placing, see you again next time!
Nicks: since when were you that good with wario? i don't think i can do anything unless you make a mistake. our matches were as great as ever, i'll win one day though!

general shoutout to the TOs, tournament was heaps of fun and well run if slightly overtime (i guess it's a good thing i was able to bring my TV in the end).
and shoutouts to everyone i played/talked to/hung out with yesterday, nice talking to toshi/joey, good friendlies with t-rex/edgegames, always good to catch up with splice again, nice meeting you ledge, etc.

hope i didn't forget anyone, sorry if i did! tournament was heaps of fun, my commentary was bad (we needed you X!) and hope to be there again in two weeks.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Wut teh Hellz? I forgot a shoutout to Viva!
I was sitting there trying to remember who I played against and completely forgot my teams partner.

Viva - I was extremely surprised at how well we played together. It felt like a natural team when at first I thought we would do horrible because I had no idea how to fight around a Mario playstyle. Wouldn't mind teaming with you again in the future. <3

Sorry I didn't wear my Paper Mario tshirt.

Tanman

Smash Journeyman
Shoutouts:

Khoa: Worst Team Decision EVER. We stick to MetaGame from now on, no exceptions. Should be there next 3-stocked for more practice, we were both rusty. (We finally got some of our combos, lol.)

JaVa + Viva: Pfft, it's so stupid that we won all the friendlies and you guys win where it counts. Was all in good fun though. Glad to hear you're going to pick up Wuigi Viva, he's WAY better than Mario. As for you Jei JaVa, no fair practicing against Sonic, I didn't get any Pit practice... Or any practice for that matter =/. To quote Vermy 'Next time Gadget. Next time."

Toshi + J4: I'm sorry, I have to laugh at how that went. You guys totally shoulda won that, but you have to admit it was a pretty legendary win =P Need moar Melty and Melee games. I consider mysel Lucky Vermy gave me some PT practice before I Vs'd ya J4. Nice job on the commentary and plugs and such, killed the program once and plugged the headphones into the mic port XD

Splice + CDog: Gaflargle flargle. Most worst teams decision ever goes to me and Khoa. Most worst singles decision goes to me Vs. Condog. DK was fail this time around, but I will admit your spacing has improved way much Condog, tiredness johns aside on my end. It's a sad day where my odds with Sonic are well above my DK, but I haven't put the time into him. I think I'll have to drop DK from serious play D: Next time Splice we have G&W dittos, lol. Unbreak your voice too.

Bryan: I think I had you read a little better than at Rocky. Sorry I was failing so bad at melee - No practice + Tiredness + Playing Brawl earlier = Bad at melee. Would team with ya at Couchwarriors coming up, but it's scrambled eggs teams =/

Vermy: Nevermind, you'll find your PT groove soon enough. Next time you CP me, go with Falco or Snake, not Diddy ^^; SF4/3 Was lots of fun. Teach me more next 3 Stock'd, alright? Also, we never played Melty =/

Jamie: Grats on getting that point off me. It took alot of skill on your part. Hit up my man Edge next time for some killer techniques.

Nicks: Haha! Now we have to double blind eachother! I still feel dirty after Tier whoring, but hey, I still say we need to play clean and fair, Sonic Vs. Wario from now on. >_>

Edge: Was good fun and a great trip. Sorry I told you to try and Tier ***** the tourney, though whatever I say will always be wrong if you lose =P Lots of anime songs on the trip, Crow's claw,and alot of laughs. We chould totally pick up SF too. Sorry about the late informing that I wasn't teaming with you though ^^;

T-Rex: Awesome! Welcome to the Bendigo Boys Crew! I expect big things from you. Side note: No Hyrule Castle.

Ledge: Thanks for the practice man. Or should that be the other way around? Still, what happened man? MK got eaten alive by my G&W on that last stock, lol.

Timic: I'm so totally better than Vermy because I'm random. No Marvel Vs. Capcom though. Maybe with some practice I'll be able to compete with you guys.

Earl: Loved your shirt, lol. Too bad we didn't get to speak/play eachother really.

Tibs: Same as Earl, didn't get to see mch of you. So dissapointed we didn't get to play Street Fighter. Grats on the victories, well earned. Lend me some skill sometime, alright?

ViVa

Smash Ace
Shoutouts (If I forget you I'm sorry)

Condog & Vermy: You guys did a really great job running the tourney yesterday and with a small amount of T.Vs too. Pro T.Os ^_^

Khoa: 1st guy I talked to. It was great seeing you again. You are awesome. :)

JaVa: For a new guy, you are pretty **** at this game ;D It was awesome teaming with you Jei, we did really good. It was a shame you had to leave early for basketball.

Hammertime(Condog and Splice): OMG, that last game was so close, you guys got lucky! >=D

J4: It was lol doing commentary with you.
Don't let me do it ever again xD
And also, sorry for being stupid and playing luigi against you in pools. >__<

People in my pool I played luigi against: I'm sorry for being stupid guys, I'll play mario and play seriously next time. :urg:

Tibs: Earl says "Wtf tibs you're losing, up your game" then you started trying :( GGs in pools man. xD

Toshi: After playing tibs, I was kinda used to his diddy and then your diddy was different and I was like wtf ._. GGs.

Vermy: SF4 was awesome, thanks for teaching me how to play, it was fun :D

Melee guys: Melee was epic. xD

T-Rex: Tommmm <3 ***** me in street fighta crews lol.

ViVa: No more stupidness please. :mad:

abhishekh

Smash Journeyman
Abhi: Best Luigi in Australia, you have to challenge Luke now. You should have beat Tibs in those matches and he knows it. He’ll be practicing that MU for the next few weeks mhmm!
Dear Splice,

No.

Love Abhishekh.

(Joey's and ViVa's luigi are much better than mine ;o Also 100th post)

tibs7

Smash Champion
shoutoutsies

afro: was so much easier teaming with an mk i had no idea. your cheapness with him is improving every time. a mint doubles partner to have. team on feb 7?

earl: i dont really remember our matches tbh but pretty sure they were close. improved alot since last year and broughtout zss a few times. good to see.

nicks: first match was close and last match you kinda crumbled i guess. im slowly learning how to play wario lol. gg's in singles and dubs

tan: yeah wanted to smash you in sf4, woulda ***** you and you know itm;) ehehe. yeah seriously didnt talk half as much as we normally do was weird lol. next time.

viva: yeah pool matches were kinda meh, ill use pikachu next time and hopefullly ill win against that amazing mario you have. gg's

bryan: still a gimp. made it through brackets for the first time? gj on that but you didnt listen to me when i said you have grab release to running upsmash on wario. tsk tsk.

billy: your eyes were pretty red lol. it was intimidating. i honestly thought you had earl after doing so well game 1. i guess earl adapted quickly as he tends to do and yeah starts owning. well done. soz to runi predictions blame that afro douche lol.

jejejeje(j4): was good commentating for a bit with you and playing you, fun games, you shouldve used PT i like versing charizard ;). cant believe age gap of you and toshi wtf.

tosh: finallt heard your real name. that look you gave joey was pretty funny when he called you it haha. gg's as always, sucha smart player hard to play against. gj.

TO's: did a pretty good job for first tourny hopefully you didnt charged for little extra overtime we did. music was prettymint, and sf4 setup was amazing by vermy. good shiz boysss.

cao: missed you

attila: bring back my wii. i even won for you.

soz i probs missed a few peeps there. next time! ;)

T.REX

Smash Apprentice
shoutouts!

legde: mad team partner

tibs: *** kickage as usual

abhi: calvin and hobbes RULES

cawndog and vermy: mad tournament, needs moar low tier.

everyone else: yeah hi

Afropony

Smash Lord
Yeh, tibs I'll team up with you on the 7th, I think we were only just starting to get the combos going in our last set against Nicks and Earl, Pikachu Dthrow to footstool was prety funny.
I suggest Splice and Jei team up with eachother.

I'm at my holiday house atm so I have limited internet, if I get time to do shoutouts they'll probs be tomorrow.

EDIT: lol Splice you weren't up at any stage in any of our games :p

abhishekh

Smash Journeyman
fixed, shoutouts later
QQQQQQQQQQQ

abhi: calvin and hobbes RULES

cawndog and vermy: mad tournament, needs moar low tier.

everyone else: yeah hi
Possibly one of my favourite comics

And yes, please have low tiers and food next time.

That's really my only complaint :/ Though I guess I haven't really been to many of these things to compare it to others. Also I got screwed over by my pool, but either way I doubt I woulda made it past pools anyway. Excuses, excuses 8D.

---

Also why don't you do counterpicks for pools?

There's probably a good reason, but I couldn't think of one.

Vermy

Smash Champion
Abhi, I answered your question about pools on the previous page lol.
Abhi, in reference to your query about pools' stage select, the idea is to seed out the "weak" from the "strong". So putting you in a situation where you do not gain any benefit nor loss means no one has a heavy/unfair advantage. Its the way pools have been done for a long time now, and there's no reason to change. Hope that explains it a bit. =)

Shoutouts soon.

joeyjoeyjoejoe

Smash Apprentice
Shout outs

Condog+Vermy: Well run tourney, great stuff. Good sign for things to come. Oh, and Condog your kirby is scary

Abhi: Youre so much better than you think. Maybe if we stop chatting all the time and played friendlies instead, we'd be good...nah.

Afro: I like your stories, and if ever I see a 'hardcore asian' I'll know you can take them. GG in brackets bro

Tanman: GGs. **** just happens when I play you. Rainbow is a joke, but well played

Khoa: You're back! lol. GGs man, oh and how's my viet?

Dean: Good talks all day - we just happened to have the mic on while we were talking, thats all

Trex: lol at your reaction to MK dittos.

Tibs: GGs but commentating with you was more fun.

Timic: Melee was fun, wish I played more of that but that tv I couldnt stand. Next time

Viva: Bro, don't cbf ever again. Or if you cbf, play weegee. You'll beat me either way easily. It was fun talking to you. Oh and yeah, never again

Jei: Pity you had to run, good to see you

Haydino: Such a versitile puntastic name. Always a pleasure

Ledge: Good seeing you. BL with your last match. If theres some bad luck to be had, youre always first in line. You play so well regardless though, which is really impressive

Nicks: Good chats all day. Great bloke

Edge: Pity about pools. Drag DS next time yo

Earl: You played awesome. lol at your match being 'turned off', you had it

Splice <3: I have a feeling if we spent more time together I'd hate your guts. Completely. As much as people hate us when they hear our stupid observations, like tibs' shoes.
As it stands, however, once a month makes you awesome - APs through the roof. I promise to be around as much as possible

Sorry if I forget anyone, you can punch me in the arm next time.

Toshi

Smash Journeyman
Tibs: Congratulations on coming 1st. You beasted in pools, despite nearly everyone counter picking you (including me XD). Also, thanks for the tips. I'll definitely take it on board and implement it in my game.

Afropony: Wow, great job on 2nd. I knew you were going to place top 3. Your spacing and edgeguarding is awesome and overall 'gayness' with Metaknight has improved. Good stuff.

Earl: I felt that you weren't at the top of your form during this tourney. However, you still dominated your pools and bracket. Oh, and how did you know my counterpicks and my rolling habits!? It's like you're reading my mind ...

Splice: OMG, what the heck was that? Argh! I still can't get over what happened! Blargh!

Ledge: Lucky we managed to get some friendlies near the end. That Metaknight of yours is so good with bananas, kinda shuts down my banana game. You're improving rapidly and I reckon you got what it takes to win a tourney.

Condog: Ahh, I apologise for playing so campy during our matches. It feels that if I were to go aggressive against you, I'd just eat a whole lot of bairs and get 3 stocked (puns not intended). You have gotten a lot better in the Wario matchup and a lot wiser on your mindgames.

Tanman: Please don't upload any doubles matches I'm in or the any matches that involve me, Splice and Brinstar. If not, I won't bring a keyboard next tourney which means no Melty >=D.

Khoa: Yeah, I can pronounce your name! >=D It was fun watching your matches, and repping Diddy like a pro =) It was great to see you again.

Haydino: Don't worry, I, too, facepalm at the lame Delfino joke.
P.S. I'll always pick Diddy against you =)

J4: How'd you forget to bring the remote! Argh!

Bryan: It's always great to see you. You are so nice and easy to talk to =)

Dean: Lol, it was fun commentating matches with you, even though they weren't recorded. I'd like to watch the matches that we did record and and facepalm at all our mistakes XD.

T-Rex: What? I didn't know you played Melee. Needless to say, you are awesome for doing so.

Java: I like your new name, but I'll always call you Jei =P

Timic: Thanks for the friendlies =D It's amazing how you can stay consistent with all your characters. Let's get some Melee friendlies at Couch Warriors =)

Alfa: Lol, it was so entertaining to watch your Bowser. Those forward smashes caught so many people off guard XD. It's a great change from seeing all these tier boars around.

ViVa: Your Mario has the potential to reach new heights. Just don't be discouraged and keep at it, and soon enough, you'll not only be the best low tier main in Melbourne, but the whole of Australia.

Abhi: Sorry for playing so campy against your Luigi. It's how I play the matchup since he screws Diddy over really badly with his 'slidiness'. Other than that, it was fun playing with you. You're a cool guy =)

Condog and Vermy: You guys did a good job on your first tourney. I had great fun and I loved your stagelist =D. Keep it up.

Haha, apologies for making it too plain. Too tired to make it prettier.

Splice

Smash Hero
lol Splice you weren't up at any stage in any of our games :p
Actually what happened was I got you to 3rd stock in both matches before you did that to me, I remember.

Also that was a bad attempt at ditching Jei. :laugh:

@Joey: You're probably right. Once a month is good... But with all these frequent tournaments it could be freaky deaky bat**** insane! ... If we both go to them all, which won't happen lol.

Dangit my "Making-the-shoutouts-the-first-post-on-page-after-the-results" is a futile effort due to Connor posting the results so fast and people still having ****loads of stuff to say :(

OH YEAH P.S NIXERNATOR IF YOU SEE THIS CONNOR GAVE ME YOUR WIIMOTE. I'LL SELL IT TO YOU FOR $5 ;)

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
If you wanna go back with Tibs next tourney that's cool Aled. I will team with Khoa like I was supposed to. Sry Splice the only GaW I team with is my heterosexual life-partner Dekar. Otherwise I will find myself pummeling you with arrows expecting you to bucket them without even thinking...and then you getting mad at me :(

Splice

Smash Hero
If you wanna go back with Tibs next tourney that's cool Aled. I will team with Khoa like I was supposed to. Sry Splice the only GaW I team with is my heterosexual life-partner Dekar. Otherwise I will find myself pummeling you with arrows expecting you to bucket them without even thinking...and then you getting mad at me :(
Yeah, about the bucket, that's pretty much correct. Now if Dekar just used that bucket for surviving, i.e bucket breaking, as well, it'd be amazing and I'd pay to see it...

...Hmm...

... Y'know, I need to find myself a heterosexual life-partner... Can we share Dekar?

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
good **** nicks and condog

so guys... how about putting them up in the spots on the pr that they deserve?

Ledge_g2

Smash Ace
Shoutouts:

Tibs: Grats on the win, for both singles and doubles. I bet you miss you wii lol.

Afropony: Grats on second. Good games in pools, I need to learn more secret MK techniques and stratergies to shutdown chars.

Nicks: I was surprised in the end cos of how solidly i was beating you earlier. very nice evading skills, keep up the good work. and lol at the pictochat game ,_, was an experience for me though. good games.

T-rex: Awsome teamwork, i think we get you using marth on the chars that arent effective against our awsome strat and we'll do alot better.

EdgeG: arrgh you made me get 2nd in my pools instead of a tie for first ,_,. lol GGs your snake did really well. lol at the MK ditto in Brackets.

Nick: Good to meet you again and see you around the tourney scene, keep coming. and yeah MK is pretty good in this game lol.

Erin: I swear your stalking me, in my pool everytime :p. haha good to see you again, its been awhile.

Splice: Yeah would have been good to play you in brackets, ohh well ill see you in grand finals next time then :p.

Jei: I didnt really see you much, pitty you had to go early.

Tanman: omg you ***** me so hard on that stock, I couldnt touch you, i literally couldnt do anything :p. GGs and good to see you again. hopefully we can organise to get these vids up sometime on possibly a new channel. not sure yet.

Bryan: always good to see you Bryan. fun doubles friendlies, hope to play you more next time though.

Vermy: thanks for the tourney was well run and fun. hopefully get some friendlies in next time.

Earl: was a good set, after that SD in second game i got a bit frustrated, i need to learn to stay sharp and not get frustrated over things like that. Im happy i played you, was looking forward to playing you the most out of everyone.

Dean: nice to meet you. you have good walling and spacing techniques. i didnt really get to see you play much, maybe we should have some friendlies next time.

Haydino: thx for the tips man, appreciated. but yeah good set and friendlies. would be interesting to see how your MK turns out.

Khoa: good to see you again, and good games, we got ***** in doubles against you.

Timic: You've improved alot, just got unlucky in pools. thx for the lift as always XD.

Alfa: haha those bowser games in pools were really entertaining, nice use of Fsmash ;) love it.

Toshi: yeah im happy we had those friendlies too. I actually enjoy playing diddys now XD. your good at adapting to playstyles. I had to keep changing my playstyle cos you kept adapting lol.

C~Dog: thx for running tourney, was pretty fun and well run. i didnt get to see you play much, but was good to see you again.

JJJJ: haha much fun with commentary and in general. good to see you again. we should get some games in next time though.

ViVa: lols at commentary, was good to see you again, we need to play more games, cos your marios so good.

Sorry if i missed anyone.
There were a few new people that i didnt meet. Maybe next time.

Haydino

Smash Cadet
Shoutouts

Timic: GG's in pools everyone was so close to getting into the bracket

Earl: Your ZSS is good it was kinda close untill you went Mk GG's

Dean: Lol the reason im picking up Mk is to beat Marths (you) and to a lesser extent Diddys (Toshi). That edgehog thing in our second pools match was really gay but you still beat me :laugh: Also thanks for commentating some of my matches with Joey

Khoa: Great to see you again Sorry i had to send you off the vs Tibs lol

Ledge: Our matches were great i really should have banned Halberd though Also Alfa says the only match that your recording stuff got was against Earl

T-rex: I was really worried about your Marth but from the third match we played i think you should have maybe tried Falco. Falco was really good untill you Side B'ed off stage :(

Toshi: I really cant beat your diddy im hopeing my Mk will atleast not get 2 stocked. Atleast theres no JJ for you to 'Falco' me anymore lol

Joey: It was great hanging out with you and thanks for 'commentating' my matches and making stupid puns espically Haydino on Delfino lol

Splice: Thanks for the few doubles friendlies we had. Yea we ( I ) kinda failed at the start of the day

Vermy: Thanks for running the street fighter crew thing that was really fun even though i had no idea what i was doing

Alfa: Yay for our regular team stuff. Ang Gj in pools with all those Bowser Fsmashes lol on Dean when i was like "Your Fsmash is stale and your bowser wtf"

Condog and Vermy: Thanks for running the tourney minor problems aside it was really great

Everyone seemed to like my plushies lol :laugh:

Sorry if i forgot anyone

Tanman

Smash Journeyman
Wait wait wait wait, I coulda SWORN this didn't count to ranbats as it was pre season. I totally would awon had I have taken this seriously D:

And get rid of that DK next to my name, both times I used him I lost, so technically he wasn't critical to my success =P

tibs7

Smash Champion
im liking the look of this ranbat list, the pics in the background are such **** =], gj!
in doubles i used picka! :3

abhishekh

Smash Journeyman

Ah, I didn't see it. My fault ><

That's a pretty poor argument, considering some characters (especially high tiers, I might add) do better on a lot of the neutrals. IC, Diddy, DDD, Falco etc. etc.

So really, the neutrals aren't really that neutral .-. Stages play a huge part. One such example, would be the Link/MK match up which is very much in MK's favour, but then becomes more even (like 60/40 or 55/65 MK's favour) on a stage like Norfair.

Don't you think you'd do a better job of seeding out the "weak" from the "strong" by making the match up more even?

Basically, I'm just trying to say that by making the stage picks only neutral, you're already giving certain characters a heavy/unfair advantage.

Am I making sense or am I just being stupid?

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Lol.

Welcome to the world of the TO Vermy and Condog, you will get many posts like the one above.

Abhi basically pools have always been that way and they're not about to change. If you want to choose characters based on how good they are on counterpick stages you're not going to find youself winning many matches in a bracket. I strongly suggest picking up a character that is good on neutrals not only for pools but to help your results a little bit. I know you have enormous potential in this game from what I've seen but if you can't keep up on a neutral stage then a major adjustment needs to be made imo.

edit: basically what I'm trying to say is just because you don't see yourself at an advantage on neutral stages that doesn't mean they are going to change the way things are for you. What you need to do is find a way around it. What the TO says, goes.

Top Bottom