• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EXTENNNDUURRRRRR (samus gen. disc.)

What are your favorite moves?

• Total voters

Alukard

Smash Hero
so i think ima team with ihavespaceballs for herb3 ... double samus =] ... or unless he wants my sheik or sumthing else =]

edgeluca

Smash Lord
NNID
Edgeluca
3DS FC
2879-0257-1267
Do any of you have this problem: You feel like you get worse when you change styles?
I'm trying to play Samus more aggresively, and while it is way more fun, and I do some amazing stuff, I don't play as well. For me it's about fun mostly, though.

Alukard

Smash Hero
Do any of you have this problem: You feel like you get worse when you change styles?
I'm trying to play Samus more aggresively, and while it is way more fun, and I do some amazing stuff, I don't play as well. For me it's about fun mostly, though.
samus doesn't have that many aggressive tools ... thats why it doesn't work out well

Pi

Smash Hero
If you're smart enough about how, when, and with what you approach with you can be aggressive.

But I'm not sure how feasible that is to master compared to her slower playstyle.

I'll let you know when I start winning tournaments.

xbombr

Smash Ace
Samus is too slow and floaty to apply enough pressure to have a truly aggressive playstyle that works consistently, imo. Her defensive game is amazing though.

That said, if you see an opportunity to get a grab, DAir them while they're on the ground, or get a mid % FAir you should be all over that like a hobo on a ham sandwich no matter what sort of playstyle you use.

Sometimes switching up between aggressive and the traditional campy-punishment style works pretty well since she does have the tools to run a mediocre aggressive offense if you know what you're doing. It can surprise who you're playing against depending on what kinds of Samus players they've encountered before.

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
i think she can be aggressive on the ground pretty **** well

her defense is just good

i mean yes i know obviously you need some offense and shiz but i mean you can definitely be super offensive, just not the traditional way

if you don't get what i mean then FUGGET IT oh well

edit: jabs are too good

Alukard

Smash Hero
she doesn't have anything to make someone stay on defense ... if she did she would be wayyyyy higher ... the only thing is jab ... thats it LOL

fox has shine nair ... marth has range and good grab range ... sheik has needles and grab and tilts

Alukard

Smash Hero
yea when they finally put up my vids at pound with djnintendo doing double samus...

i did a two 2 v 1 comeback vs scar and hax and i used bombs to pressure one of them while they were on the platform ... and i did a couple of bomb pressure ... but still not enough to make someone totally play defensive

Alukard

Smash Hero
dam we really need to step up the advice in these forums yo i'm about to make a thread .... but i'm scared of the responsibility lmfao

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
I still think there should be a compendium of stuff everyone knows.
I know there was that one compendium thread, but I haven't seen that guy edit it or whatever, so that's dead.
I've been wanting to do it, since I'm perfectly capable of maintaining and updating a thread constantly.
The only problem with that being I'm a huge noob so I don't really have anything to add

That said, I think it would be great if we created a thread where each of the big names (other people could add to it too as long as it's innovative or just effective) added their own stuff/general stratagems for each match-up. I mean, it's great that we have that corey thread with all the basic stuff and junk (no offense lol), but I think it would help to see different perspectives.
There's also a lot of characters that there really aren't match-up stratagems against, or that are really vague.

I dunno just some suggestions.

Corigames

Smash Hero
I know there was that one compendium thread, but I haven't seen that guy edit it or whatever, so that's dead.
I've been wanting to do it, since I'm perfectly capable of maintaining and updating a thread constantly.
What do you think anyone who says they are going to make one of those threads is thinking? When AIDS made that thread in July of 08 (was it?), he too probably thought he would be here to constantly update it, incite wonderful arguments and propositions to add or change the existing information, etc. etc. Going on 2 years later, he's not around to do anything about it.

Where will you be in 2012? Are you still going to be here updating your thread? Not to be pessimistic, but I would hope not. This is why I said that if you feel new info needs to be added to the Intro To Samus thread, to PM me about it so I can change it or at least discuss it. Having a new compendium every year doesn't help much...

Not trying to be mean... just saying...

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
I understand what you're saying, but honestly speaking, I'd have to still be here in 2012 if I really want to be good... I mean I only started in late '08........ so I COULD lol

Well I hope people add to it then, or something happens
I could live with it if it doesn't...it just makes it easier for those wanting to learn

oh well

Corigames

Smash Hero
I have been a major advocate for speaking freely in that thread and have constantly made reminders like the ones I have been putting up recently.

Look, if you want to make a new thread with the intention you have, I don't think anyone can, or should, stop you from making it. If some new ideas really do come from it, you know I will update my thread as soon as I can or someone points it out to me.

And that goes for anyone. If you know something and feel it should be on the Intro thread, please please please tell me so I can add it. That's how a community works.

resTy

Smash Champion
I've been active on Smashboards since July 2006 up until now if that helps.
I plan on staying here and playing Smash until I get married and have children.
I might even continue playing after that, no lie.

Pi

Smash Hero
I could write a good samus marth matchup guide
i've played a 2 different marths pretty much every since i've gotten competitive

Alukard

Smash Hero
i dont understand how people need breaks when they dont go to tons of tournaments or anything ...

Top Bottom