• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox Creation & Showcase Workshop: Post your BrawlBox stuff here!

humble

Smash Ace
I give RandomTbrush the medal for greatest hacker of the week. Pretty much blows everything else out of the water with his model importing.

stickman

Smash Apprentice
I can write a tutorial, at least.

However, there will be something else I'll want to try. What I wanna do is try building an MDL0 from scratch, so that it'll have only the amount of nodes/strings I need, and I'll put one of the models I ripped from another game in as a trophy model (since I still haven't looked in to rigging).

Then I'll start learning how to make a program, and make all this work automated.
If you DO make an automated program, could you teach me the manual way? (This helps me find bugs in programs :p ) Awesome job on everything!

And I see you do ragdolls on Facepunch, do you think it is possible to reverse engineer the ragdolls into something that brawl could handle? Because if it is possible, then there is a universal format that everyone already converts models to for Gmod, that could be imported into brawl. (theoretically of course, but what do you think?)

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Lemme do it. I'm downloading it right now, and I'll rebuild Zero's MDL0 to remove all the unnecessary bones and polygons. Maybe that will make it work in-game?

Yessssss.

Thank you very much! I am pumped. Not that I expect it to work right away.

Also, don't try too hard to get rid of all the extra polygons and bones... I'm certain I could use some of the items attached to him (his Z-saber, etc). I imagine I could probably scale them to 0 until I need them.

Apocolypse3000

Smash Cadet
You want Zero??!!! Huh? You sure you really want Zero???!!!

Here's your Zero!!!

Took some guess and check work, but I finally got it to at least show up in brawlbox. Now we just wait for RandomTBush to come out with his rebuild MDL0 and we are all good to go. (No one deserves zero like Eldiran)

n64billy

Smash Ace

Here's your Zero!!!

[WIN]

Took some guess and check work, but I finally got it to at least show up in brawlbox. Now we just wait for RandomTBush to come out with his rebuild MDL0 and we are all good to go. (No one deserves zero like Eldiran)
Great work!
EDIT: Just wondering how you managed to rip out the model and textures... no one seems to have actually shared a way (That I'm aware of) on how to import the models to BrawlBox/Brawl

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Something sexy this way comes.

If this really works like we want...Man, I can't think of anything else to even say other than it'd be perfect. XD

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Apocolypse3000, how did you uncompress the brres file? It never works for me.

*goes back to playing a game that isn't even out :3*

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I'm not sure if I should post this here or in the texture thread, but the backwardsness of it makes it more of a BrawlBox thing, so here we go. Time for copypasta.

Yes, the Final Smash of irony. Why irony? Because I've been fumbling around all night and morning without any sleep trying to figure out a way to get Super Sonic to look like my Hyper Sonic since Mastaklo got him to look completely like Super Shadow. No yellow glow taking over the texture or anything. I of coursed asked him ahead of time how he did it, and he didn't want to tell me. Then gave me some useless hint, being "material editing". That was rather useless, so I asked BSZ instead and he told me to replace Super's model with normal Sonic's and change the textures. The game froze from the file being too large. After much screwing around, I finally came to an end result...Dark Super Sonic. >_>;

http://www.mediafire.com/?mmec3zdmqjh

There are two "FitSonicFinal"'s in the rar. one has the glow with the stars and everything, while the other doesn't. The one you see in these pictures is the one that doesn't. I was only going to release the one without it, but i knew there would be a great chance of people whining that it looks weird playing as him without it.
Now then, would anyone have any idea at all just how in the world I would get another texture to show completely? I always get so close bu the eyes won't show and there's a big black area on his head. Oddly, it's loading the head textures from FitSonicEnv01 instead of FitSonicHead. I'm sure that with a little bit of editing in Photoshop, I can at least make it look a little better. I just didn't feel like going through the hassle of moving the files from my laptop to my desktop where Photoshop is, and then back...That and it was late.

This is the closest I've gotten -.o

http://www.mediafire.com/?4zgjnmjjqtu

Any ideas?

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Because there's always better stuff you can do while at school than work. XD

But man...if you get that working, you'll be getting golf scotch fried bologna sandwiches before you can pizza your chicken wings. :3

Razanak7

Smash Ace
Repeating my question from before:

I can't seem to hex out stage parts. Characters work fine, though. Is it even the same process?

I just had to test

done in school xD

will test it on brawl soon
*head explodes*

But man...if you get that working, you'll be getting golf scotch fried bologna sandwiches before you can pizza your chicken wings. :3
*head explodes again*

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Castle Dedede v1 Download

IF THE ABOVE DOWNLOAD GLITCHES UP, THEN PLEASE DOWNLOAD THIS ONE INSTEAD.

KNOWN ISSUES: The points for Pokemon Trainer and Olimar's Final smash have not been fixed yet. Kaboola does not animate yet, so right now she is a static platform(to be changed).
Could someone PLEASE test this real quick? I made the second one after I realized the first one's textures weren't of a power of 2. I would've tested them last night, but I didn't feel like trying to figure out what I need to download to run Gecko through Stage Builder.

Me_Aludes

Smash Apprentice
Could someone PLEASE test this real quick? I made the second one after I realized the first one's textures weren't of a power of 2. I would've tested them last night, but I didn't feel like trying to figure out what I need to download to run Gecko through Stage Builder.
I just tried it. Doesn't freeze, and the models work, but:
The castle is really really small.
Collisions aren't where they should be.

Basically, the castle is a lot smaller than it should.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
I tested your castle -- the graphics were all glitchy, and the collision data was messed up. Everyone fell to their death on game start, and then respawned above on a final destination-esque invisible platform.

Here's your Zero!!!

Woohoo! Thank you! Time to fail trying to get this to work until RandomT figures it out! *goes at it*

EDIT: Also, aye, Zero has like a million extra polygons and bones that have no apparent purpose... deleting those would probably only be beneficial.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Woohoo! Thank you! Time to fail trying to get this to work until RandomT figures it out! *goes at it*

EDIT: Also, aye, Zero has like a million extra polygons and bones that have no apparent purpose... deleting those would probably only be beneficial.
Yep.

Anyway, I got the US Tatsunoko vs. Capcom now, but I'll start working on getting Zero working after I try a few more things with the Bill's hat (such as putting it over Jigglypuff's sleep hat). And after I'm done with that, I'll also supply Zero's alternate colors from TvsC (blue, green and black) and alternate face textures (there might be a way to switch between them). You'd have to make two more to have good replacements for the yellow and white outfits of Link.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
I just tried it. Doesn't freeze, and the models work, but:
The castle is really really small.
Collisions aren't where they should be.

Basically, the castle is a lot smaller than it should.
Hmm....I was afraid the castle would be small. What about the other stuff?

At Eldiran: Which version did you use? The second one should have fixed graphics other than the small castle. About the character spawn problem....I'm not sure what's wrong with it. I thought I fixed it by changing the translation on the individual stage position bones. :urg:

I have an idea to fix the castle. I should just be able to make an animation and resize it using that.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
After you got Zero working, will you release the tutorial?
I'll want to do a few experiments with the element flags in the polygon groups first to understand how they works, but I guess I could. (Since I can't code anything, apparently.)

It will be a long tutorial, though, and you'll need several programs. Just thought I'd let you know ahead of time.

ds22

Smash Lord
I'll want to do a few experiments with the element flags in the polygon groups first to understand how they works, but I guess I could. (Since I can't code anything, apparently.)

It will be a long tutorial, though, and you'll need several programs. Just thought I'd let you know ahead of time.
No problem for me.
I've the time and space for it.
But what is this element flag I've been hearing about?

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
But what is this element flag I've been hearing about?

Here's a polygon group. The bytes that are highlighted in the image are the element flags. If I change them around from their original values, it breaks when I try previewing it in BrawlBox.

Some of the values I've seen for the first byte are "14", "1E", "54", and "5E". The other values seem to be related to that byte. The "02" in the next line is "03" when the first byte is "1E", and the "15" seems to be "14" when the first byte is not "54". And for models with multiple bones, the byte directly after the "54" would be "05" or something like that.

...and the bottom set of bytes seem to mirror the top set.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Uh guys? Not to bug but can I get some help on this please? T~T

I'm not sure if I should post this here or in the texture thread, but the backwardsness of it makes it more of a BrawlBox thing, so here we go. Time for copypasta.

Yes, the Final Smash of irony. Why irony? Because I've been fumbling around all night and morning without any sleep trying to figure out a way to get Super Sonic to look like my Hyper Sonic since Mastaklo got him to look completely like Super Shadow. No yellow glow taking over the texture or anything. I of coursed asked him ahead of time how he did it, and he didn't want to tell me. Then gave me some useless hint, being "material editing". That was rather useless, so I asked BSZ instead and he told me to replace Super's model with normal Sonic's and change the textures. The game froze from the file being too large. After much screwing around, I finally came to an end result...Dark Super Sonic. >_>;

There are two "FitSonicFinal"'s in the rar. one has the glow with the stars and everything, while the other doesn't. The one you see in these pictures is the one that doesn't. I was only going to release the one without it, but i knew there would be a great chance of people whining that it looks weird playing as him without it.
Now then, would anyone have any idea at all just how in the world I would get another texture to show completely? I always get so close bu the eyes won't show and there's a big black area on his head. Oddly, it's loading the head textures from FitSonicEnv01 instead of FitSonicHead. I'm sure that with a little bit of editing in Photoshop, I can at least make it look a little better. I just didn't feel like going through the hassle of moving the files from my laptop to my desktop where Photoshop is, and then back...That and it was late.

Any ideas?
Doesn't anyone have any ideas at all? T.T

Zeruel21

Smash Journeyman
Some of the values I've seen for the first byte are "14", "1E", "54", and "5E". The other values seem to be related to that byte. The "02" in the next line is "03" when the first byte is "1E", and the "15" seems to be "14" when the first byte is not "54". And for models with multiple bones, the byte directly after the "54" would be "05" or something like that.

Have you correlated any of those values using Brawl's models, or is this only on the ones you're working with?

Also, what do you mean by "breaks"? Does it crash or just not display?

ds22

Smash Lord

Here's a polygon group. The bytes that are highlighted in the image are the element flags. If I change them around from their original values, it breaks when I try previewing it in BrawlBox.

I tried finding those values in the Naruto model, but I couldn't those values together.
Only apart from each other.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Have you correlated any of those values using Brawl's models, or is this only on the ones you're working with?

Also, what do you mean by "breaks"? Does it crash or just not display?
Those are ones I've seen in Brawl models (and also other MDL0s, it seems). I believe it has something to do with what types of polygons are in the group (triangles, tristrips, trifans, any combination of those, etc.), and how many bytes are in each.

And by "breaks", I mean this:

mastaklo

Smash Cadet
. Uh guys? Not to bug but can I get some help on this please? T~T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wave Kusanagi

Quote:

Any ideas?
Doesn't anyone have any ideas at all? T.T
i havent my laptop for maybe a week cause i brooke up my last usb slot and i get some new ones
but when i got it back ill upload a supersonic texture
not supershadow but a normal supersonic that can fully textured from you
cause when im serius i only messed around with the materials and i dont know exactly what ive done so i only give you the supersonic file which can be fully textured

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
*downloads*

I tried doing the exact same thing earlier today (except with Eldin) and I couldn't get it to work for the life of me. How did you do it?
You mean moving a stage?

Just move it using a new character animation

Mit

Smash Ace
@Mewtwo_2000, does your Venom stage have the occasional water effect on the Great Fox as well? Just wondering. Looks awesome regardless, will be downloading.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
@Mewtwo_2000, does your Venom stage have the occasional water effect on the Great Fox as well? Just wondering. Looks awesome regardless, will be downloading.
No water effects I guess, because I have not used Corneria's lights for this

I haven't looked at it in-game, so no really sure

Alphatron

Smash Champion
It replaces Wifi waiting room, so it has no effects at all. Really good job onh this stage by the way. Since I don't want to bother you too much, I'm gonna try and see if I can get this swtage over Corneria. (it's not like you can see the water graphic anyway).

E-Jolteon

Smash Ace
Relevant.

Never worked on the spawn points, I'll release once I have.
Collidable areas are his hair(solid), nose(fallthrough), ear(fallthrough), shouder(solid), and left sideburn(wall).

RandomTBush

Smash Ace

Here's your Zero!!!

*Zero here*

!

gfjgfjkhjf

ghfjhgkjfhskjfhjkgfhgjkh

asdafdshffhjgafgjgkfjkajjakjgkjdfjghgiqeorhqewmnjiywqryewfjsdahf

You just figured out how to solve that problem that a lot of MDL0-based games had!

TO ANYONE WHO WANTS TO GET AN MDL0 WORKING IN BRAWLBOX:

After cutting out the unnecessary bytes out of the header like usual, change the top highlighted byte to match the bottom one. Not the other way around.
(Thank Apocolypse3000 for this bit of knowledge, not me.)

Excuse me while I jump around like an idiot. Then, I'll find out what's stopping it from being decompiled in AiS. THEN, I might've found out why they don't work as-is in Brawl.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
i havent my laptop for maybe a week cause i brooke up my last usb slot and i get some new ones
but when i got it back ill upload a supersonic texture
not supershadow but a normal supersonic that can fully textured from you
cause when im serius i only messed around with the materials and i dont know exactly what ive done so i only give you the supersonic file which can be fully textured
Ah, okay then. Thanks! Send it to me whenever you're ready. :3

I didn't know you didn't realize that was me on YouTube. I guess my name on there makes it rather confusing. Sorry XD;

Top Bottom