• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
ive been to 2 tournies what are you talking about lol

falcon only, except in teams hahaa

but yea i know u wanted to get out of pools but idk

i would feel wack if i got out of pools with someone other the falcon

theres like no point

if you wanna get better you just gotta stick with it even if u get *****

idk w/e

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
well i got out of that pool

i just wanted to do as well as i could vs hugs

which entailed using another character

i dont have some crazy allegiance to falcon that you guys all have, hes just usually my best character

in this case, he wasnt. but anyway, you should go to like 60 tourneys and get your falcon ***** over the course of about 3 years straight then get to the point where your falco is better and see if you still play falcon even when you know you might win with someone else

you probably wont

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Etwist, Falco can actually safely approach Samus. He can force her into her shield and pressure her with delayed aerials on her shield -> shine -> retreating aerial / wavedash backward. Falcon gets ***** by Samus' CC dsmash and up-b out of shield.

Edit: Yea, I think BigD made his point clear.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Yeah I forgot about Falcons crappy approach. @_@

I still don't find the mu that hard. I just DD a lot and punish missle spamming until they're out lf CC percent then ****.

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
how do you punish missile spamming

cause im pretty sure whatever you do doesnt work as well vs hugs

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
The problem is that you can't dash dance against Samus as much as most other match-ups (Marth/Fox/Ganon/etc., etc.). Her missile game shuts down dash dance camping and forces you to approach with full jumps, which gives her the advantage because her ground game > Falcon's predictable stomps and falling bairs.

Edit: BigD beat me to it again. :coolmonke

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
I never played a really good Samus before. Normally I approach with a falling uair or some **** just like Chival said, but the Samus players have yet to punish me for it. I'm sure Hugs would wreck me. lol

and I don't just DD camp against Samus, I like to DJ camp too.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
well i got out of that pool

i just wanted to do as well as i could vs hugs

which entailed using another character

i dont have some crazy allegiance to falcon that you guys all have, hes just usually my best character

in this case, he wasnt. but anyway, you should go to like 60 tourneys and get your falcon ***** over the course of about 3 years straight then get to the point where your falco is better and see if you still play falcon even when you know you might win with someone else

you probably wont
i wouldnt lol

i think after going to that many tourney's i would be beast

i just like to work for my kills

fox/falco/marth/jiggs/sheik your not working at all

your just stomping on peoples nuts hard

you can jab samus missiles lol you dont even gotta move

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Falling uair can be CC'ed as easily as nair (Samus's CC is godly). So ... yea, you're right.

And Jona ... jabbing Samus's missiles is not reliable.

You'd be better off powershielding them, but for some reason, I feel like you wouldn't be able to do that consistently.

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
we all would think that we'd be good after going to that many tourneys

sadly its not true for all of us

and all those characters still take work to play, as much as we all hate to admit it

except jiggs takes slightly less

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
Falling uair can be CC'ed as easily as nair (Samus's CC is godly). So ... yea, you're right.

And Jona ... jabbing Samus's missiles is not reliable.

You'd be better off powershielding them, but for some reason, I feel like you wouldn't be able to do that consistently.
idk i used to do it all the time against my friend

we dont play anymore that was like 2 years ago, but i never had a problem with it

we all would think that

sadly its not true for all of us

and all those characters still take work to play, as much as we all hate to admit it

except jiggs takes slightly less
yo have you played fox jiggs marth? all they do is gimp you

falco sheik get the combos atleast but they **** every approach possible so its gay lol

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
A little voice within my head is telling me your friend from two years ago didn't know about smash missiles (not to mention missile cancelling), which move considerably faster than guided missiles and are harder to jab. >_>

Animal

Smash Lord
if ur falco is like mogwai i'll MM you. i main fox. ill od a set as falcon though, not that mogwais bad, but i see myself about on the same level also

D

Deleted member

Hugs is from my region and he seems weaker against Falcons than Falcos (although he is still ****ing hard)

he's the inventor of ****** spacies with samus back in the golden days

he still does

(he may not seem to **** in most matches you see him play in but he always seems to win in the end)

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
animal i have no idea who you are or when/where i'll see you

so maybe?

s2j i totally believe you and everything, but i played him with falcon on fd and got ***** then did pretty well with falco. the evidence is pretty clear that at least in my case falco was a good choice

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I'll believe it when I see it.
don't be fooled by the scrubby name, Animal's legit. I mean, I'm better and all, but he's a lot closer than you'd think an unknown player named Animal would be :laugh:.

@BigD: I dunno, my vs. Marf game is pretty goot these days. But the only marf player in the area is HBK, so dur, yea... despite it being good in friendlies, my Falco vs. Marf doesn't get tested in tourney much.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
no falco has the best combos

and then fox and then sheik and OMFG marth

he hits you one time with his sword and you get literally autocombod to like 150%

but he cant kill you bc hes the worst char

and sheik has to ftilt dtilt ftilt utilt dash attack fair which works 100% of the time and none of those moves have lag at all so she combos way better

but she has a ****ty approach bc shes like the worst char

fox hits you with literally anything and it doesn't even have to hit you bc then he shines likie a ****** and can grab usmash jab whatever he wants out of it and then proceed to usmash you 2 more times, utilt, grab, uthrow nair regrab and uthrow uair jab usmash shine usmash at any % which kills you regardless of stage position bc vertical kills are ****ing gay best character in the game

falcos combos are literally move shine dair shine dair shine dair shine both moves do like 45% damage and if he misses and fsmashes you lose the game except his recovery blows and his lasers keep yout rapped so he can approach however he wants whenever he wants

FALCON on the other hand ****ing sucks, wow nair you throw your feet out twice with decent range but 0 hitbox for 1/3 of the move, and dair fair bair come out like 40x slower than every sex kick so you have no approach that way, and uair, bc falcon is a ****ing moron and decides to backflip for no reason, is no approach at all either bc IT'S A BACKFLIP. YOU'RE KICKING TOO HIGH DUDE.

gg jona once you finally do hit them you need to predict their DI and follow up in like a half a second do combo with falcon his combos are ****ing garbage unless you're scar

jigglypuff's combos suck bc they're only 2 hits but the 2nd one kills you at any % so... best char.
quoting so that we never forget the awesome that is this post

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
i think f tilt is kinda good vs marth

like when they camp the edge you space the nair's and f tilts

and then they get *****

idk

does anyone know if ftilt out prioritizes fox's nair?

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
it probably trades most of the time and wins if you get perfect your-foot-hits-them spacing

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
mmm...because i think ive done it like once or twice

and i never really thought about it but idk

maybe that can be useful...

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
strong bad is the midwest irish mafia. Both are 10 years old hahaha
=D. Didn't my team beat you & KSO at event-52?

to the people on the previous page discussing samus' missiles:
Try dash attacking missiles. They clank, beating the missile as well as shooting you forward a decent disance and canceling the dash attack's lag, leavng you ready to knee or grab.
Other responses include falcon kick, ftilt, nair, utilt, jumping over, and if you're close to him when he lands you can raptor boost under it and hit him.

legion598

Smash Ace
when I WD OS on falcos lasers should I WD forward or away? or if its situational what situations do i use it in? also what punishment options are there with it etc.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
This is the best thread ever.

Summarize Falcon vs fox in a few sentances. Exclude everything that happens after getting a grab, we all know that st00f. TomR said "run away and backair" is that even legit? I can never find that situation...

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Read the Fox player's mind.

Then you might stand a chance.
na son, haven't you read Scar's post?

"Fox hits you with literally anything and it doesn't even have to hit you bc then he shines likie a ****** and can grab usmash jab whatever he wants out of it and then proceed to usmash you 2 more times, utilt, grab, uthrow nair regrab and uthrow uair jab usmash shine usmash at any % which kills you regardless of stage position bc vertical kills are ****ing gay best character in the game"

doesn't matter if you read his mind, Fox doesn't even have to do things right to auto death combo you.

Top Bottom