• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"common knowledge" that a lot of people don't know

Animal

Smash Lord
you can double wall jump on FD. i saw a falco do it. Also you can shine grab marth on the run and both will hit. so ****.

Tamoo

Smash Master
I think what novice is trying to say is that fox sounds a lot like ****, so switching characters between fox and another character will sound like the announcer is saying **** *insert character*

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
-G&W can upb through the "neck" of the Great Fox on Corneria. He has to be standing on the lasers under the ship.

-Version 1 of SSBM only: With ICs, grab a fireflower in training mode and jump. Tap Z once to drop with Popo and pick up with Nana while airborne. While holding A to produce flames, hit down and B. The fireflower will now conintually release its flames and never run out. The fire has no active hitbox.

-Version 1 of SSBM only: SH boomerange diagonally upwards with either Link or Y.Link. Jump off of the stage and grapple. Hang in mid-air until the boomerang returns. When it touches you, you'll be propelled up into magnified heights.

-Roy's usmash has the potential to meteor opponents. You have to hit with the tip of hilt of his sword.

Lovage

Smash Hero
not sure if L posted this before

touching a wall while shooting up in your firefox turns you around. this is why if you recover straight up and touch the lip of FD, you often end up turned the other way. this rarely kills you or anything, but it's good to know

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
Easy way for Falcon to walljump on FD without using a jump:

Run to the edge and start a dash attack late so that the animation is standing still on the ledge. Then hold back and tap forward once he falls. You'll walljump off the ledge from holding back, and retain your second jump.

Lovage

Smash Hero
Easy way for Falcon to walljump on FD without using a jump:

Run to the edge and start a dash attack late so that the animation is standing still on the ledge. Then hold back and tap forward once he falls. You'll walljump off the ledge from holding back, and retain your second jump.
aka LOVEJUMPING

lol jk

in my vid i did 3 but 4 isn't that hard

and 5 probably with AR

Ministry

Smash Ace
if you get a sudden death within a sudden death the character with the higher controller port will win

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
aka LOVEJUMPING

lol jk

in my vid i did 3 but 4 isn't that hard

and 5 probably with AR
completely irrelevant but.....

in your berserker vid, did you instant wall jump on DL and then reverse laser.

Or basically Im asking can you instant wall jump on any stage other than FD, with fox/falco?

you can only do it on fd and on the rock on kongo jungle. maybe one some adventure mode stage too but i doubt it.

Lovage

Smash Hero
completely irrelevant but.....

in your berserker vid, did you instant wall jump on DL and then reverse laser.

Or basically Im asking can you instant wall jump on any stage other than FD, with fox/falco?
no i did shine reverse laser phantasm edgestall

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
While most people will tell you that Samus' standing extended grapple requires you to press A or Z to grab when the hitbox touches someone, that's not exactly true. Instead, you press A or Z to choose which of the three time periods the grapple can grab anyone who meets the normal "can-be-grabbed" criteria, and is also on the ground.
The three time periods you can choose from (and you can only choose one per grab, even if you miss) are:
Frames 18-41, from when Samus launches the grapple forward to when it reaches its full length.
Frames 42-57, when the grapple stays at its full length for a little while.
Frames 59-94, from when the grapple begins to retract until it fully disappears and the grab animation ends.

I'm unsure about how big the actual hitbox of the grapple is during these time-frames, but it seems to be the entire grapple, although it may only be the blinking tip of the grapple.
Also keep in mind that the only advantage the regular grapple has over the extender is that it can grab out of the air during the first part (when the grab hitbox is located on Samus' gunarm), whereas the extender can never grab out of the air.

Ballistics

Smash Champion
fast falling is very important, and is a part of spacing, so of course spacing as a whole is more important.
I was thinking of a falco standing next to and then short hop downairing a shield, instead of fast falling to try to shine before he can grab, move away after the downair and space another move.

I think ppl get too caught up with fast falling, its situationally important but its really not necessary, better to be safe in my opinion

the way you said it made it seem as though you meant in general, not just in that one situation, be more specific.

pockyD

Smash Legend
fast falling is hugely important to controlling your vertical spacing

also i don't know if something like that should be said; the REAL goal is to both fast fall when necessary and also maintain your horizontal spacing, so there's no reason to stop doing one to do the other; instead do both

JPOBS

Smash Hero
well you should not fast fall alot of things, but yes i agree, not fast falling too is situational
depends on your defition of "a lot"

Like, sure as falco instead of traditional shine-dair/nair-shine pressure, you COULD always just do retreating fallaway non-fastfalled nairs/dairs and space so you dont get grabbed.

but thats not the be all end all. Not fastfalling and DI'ing back gives you're opponent time to do almost anything they want OoS to counter you including stuff like wd -> something.
or they could jump, waveland onto platforms and escape you entirely.

both situations end in you losing the advantage you had over them. the point of sheild pressure afterall is to poke them or force a stupid roll or something. But if you just going to LET your opponent get away in the name of "spacing' then there comes a point when its like :ohwell:

and then theres stuff like Marths double fair's and ganon's dair->DJ->dair which you obviously dont fastfall but thats for different reasons.

i dunno, just the way you originally said it made it seem like fastfalling is bad and spacing is the way to go. when its really a situaltional matter both ways.

edit: man i wrote way more than i wanted too :/

Top Bottom