• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 7 - It's Over, Nothing to See Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
"Creative as possible?". This isn't a MYM 4 set. If anything it has too much playstyle as it's apparantely a flowchart playstyle somehow. Lunge's moves manipulate his mechanic and add to his playstyle. The mechanic is just so complex that manipulating it by definition is complex.
When I say creative, I'm not talking about our increasingly narrow definition of it. A playstyle CAN be creative! His moves manipulate the mechanic, sort of, and I'm not in any way accusing the set of lacking playstyle. Just that, unlike RCT's, it could have easily been "dumbed down", for lack of a better phrase.

I could hide the fact that there's an actual attack in there if you'd prefer. You seem to like characters with no way of defending themselves or any attacks whatsoever.
Certainly not. The knife is not the problem, the way you relate it to the mechanic is.

Nobody tries to be Smash. Smash is horrible. Most just try to avoid being blatantly unsmash.
You're not most, though, is that what you're saying? If Warlord has an idea, to hell with the constraints of the contest! ;)

If you can play well with a MYM set by button mashing, it's a horrible set that should be negative super voted. It means the set has no playstlye whatsoever and is blatantly overpowered. Lunge's individual attacks don't feel that mind boggingly complex outside the ocassional one like dtilt. Nothing particularly notable compared to the usual.
Of course you can't play well, but you CAN play. Lunge's attacks are all incredibly specific in terms of use and an average player would be put off the character as soon as a throw - hard enough to land - made the foe hit you instead of the other way around.

Remember those times when we actually went to those crappy Smash fan-game developers? We had to simplify freaking BALD BULL.
Oh, I remember, but that's not Smash. That's a crappy Smash fan-game.

Tycoon is the definitive reason of what's wrong about trap characters - he's just dancing around the stage setting up hoping that foes fall into traps with no way to defend himself.
No, he's not! He's setting up his rides so that foes will stumble right from one into the next so that he can get more money to hire more guards to create a better defense around himself and continue turning the map into his own personal playground! No way to defend himself, okay... although he's still got the Claw, no?

*Insane

*Super Votes Thief then picks Mushroom and Scyther over him*
Unlike some people, I don't get 28/30 of my votes onto the Top 50 (with the other two being Leafeon and Glaceon, of course :'( ).

But yeah, okay, good point.

*Shrug* Sure. I could elaborate on it for five years, but I rather like how concise the set ended up turning out. Would you really care to read an extra paragraph for that?
Oh, no, not at all. That was the obligatory "constructive criticism".

Fair is a very simple move by MYM standards, regardless of it being crucial to the playstyle.
What we've got here is a failure to communicate.

. . .What about it?
Clearly it encapsulates the whole dichotomy of Lunge's character and represents the pinnacle of the set's incomprehensible nature warring with its desire for simple, linear storytelling. It's the single most important attack in the set is what. Why else would I bring it up completely out of the blue with no prior instigation?

He's already impractical. Ridiculous learning curve /=/ underpowered. I don't think you grasp that concept. Balance assumes both people are of equal skill, remember? Since Ganondorf is clearly so low because he has such a high learning curve. Few people would play him obviously, but that'd just make less people famaliar with how to play against him.
Yeah, my point is that if both players are equal, the player using Lunge has a disadvantage, because in addition to all the facets of a regular game, he has to worry about positioning, recreating, photographing, arresting, etc, etc. That's supercomputer, not high learning curve.

But what I'd like to focus on here is the fact that you admit his game changes every match. Whatever happened to the flowchart playstyle, hmm? Lunge is very much forced to vary things up. Branches in a playstyle now means flowchart? Morton's definintive anti flow-chart would like to have a word with you.
Flowchart because every game involves reenact > photographs > arrest. It also branches off at the beginning into potential steal moves > KO, which would probably be the optimal way to play him anyway. I'm not attacking his playstyle, here - it's obviously clever and dynamic. I'm attacking his plausibility.

Provided without a tutorial nobody would have any clue how all these move interactions work in MYM, much less like Sloth. People would discover move interactions month after release and call them "advanced techs" without tutorials.
Sloth's are mostly common sense, and most of them aren't vital to his game at lower levels. Eventually you'll figure out that you can chain yourself to a boulder, and until you do, you should be fine simply whipping your chains around at various lengths. Lunge is literally impossible to play at ANY level until you've seen a tutorial.

I'm enjoying this, are you enjoying this? Been too long since we had a nice, public debate.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
When I say creative, I'm not talking about our increasingly narrow definition of it. A playstyle CAN be creative! His moves manipulate the mechanic, sort of, and I'm not in any way accusing the set of lacking playstyle. Just that, unlike RCT's, it could have easily been "dumbed down", for lack of a better phrase.
It -could've- been dumbed down, but certainly not easily. I was already doing a considerable amount of that as I was making the set. It could've perhaps used more polish, but I'm sure you hate editing a complete set as much as I do.

Certainly not. The knife is not the problem, the way you relate it to the mechanic is.
Based off how much you like Tycoon you could fool me.

You're not most, though, is that what you're saying? If Warlord has an idea, to hell with the constraints of the contest! ;)
No. Stop hiding what we talked about in the chat 5 minutes earlier. Being too Smash is much worse then being too Unsmash. In any case, don't think I have any plans on doing something like this again any time soon so you play devil's adovacate and attack him solely because he actually was positively recieved until you came along.

Of course you can't play well, but you CAN play. Lunge's attacks are all incredibly specific in terms of use and an average player would be put off the character as soon as a throw - hard enough to land - made the foe hit you instead of the other way around.
I'm not pretending he's playable casually at all. You play him at the top of his game or you simply don't play him.

Oh, I remember, but that's not Smash. That's a crappy Smash fan-game.
It should be a decent enough indicator, though, much less when we look at how painful the Brawl sets are.

No, he's not! He's setting up his rides so that foes will stumble right from one into the next so that he can get more money to hire more guards to create a better defense around himself and continue turning the map into his own personal playground! No way to defend himself, okay... although he's still got the Claw, no?
Soooo he's a trap character with a ammo bank mechanic. Kay. That's real ground breaking.

Unlike some people, I don't get 28/30 of my votes onto the Top 50 (with the other two being Leafeon and Glaceon, of course :'( ).
I would assume this would prove my sanity rather then be used as an attack against me.

But yeah, okay, good point.
(Smirk2)

Oh, no, not at all. That was the obligatory "constructive criticism".
Ah, the filler. Like 90% of reviews.

What we've got here is a failure to communicate.
We cleared it up in the chat. I thought Rool was talking about forward air when he said the word fair. (Ono)

Clearly it encapsulates the whole dichotomy of Lunge's character and represents the pinnacle of the set's incomprehensible nature warring with its desire for simple, linear storytelling. It's the single most important attack in the set is what. Why else would I bring it up completely out of the blue with no prior instigation?
See above.

Yeah, my point is that if both players are equal, the player using Lunge has a disadvantage, because in addition to all the facets of a regular game, he has to worry about positioning, recreating, photographing, arresting, etc, etc. That's supercomputer, not high learning curve.
Assuming the player with Lunge is actually skilled it doesn't particularly seem like there's that much to keep track of in comparison to the standard MYM set.

Flowchart because every game involves reenact > photographs > arrest. It also branches off at the beginning into potential steal moves > KO, which would probably be the optimal way to play him anyway. I'm not attacking his playstyle, here - it's obviously clever and dynamic. I'm attacking his plausibility.
Every game Sloth is going to tie himself to a boulder at high percents, every game he's going to try to find time to rest, preferably with Neutral Special in a tomb. Every character has a few things they -always- do.

And yes, there's yet another branch (Lol flowchart indeed) in playing him like Tac, but with any reason to play him rather then picking the enemy's character from a competetive standpoint. Lunge has mindgames and can complement some movesets with his own attacks.

That'd be the optimal way to play him casually, which can't be done.

Sloth's are mostly common sense, and most of them aren't vital to his game at lower levels. Eventually you'll figure out that you can chain yourself to a boulder, and until you do, you should be fine simply whipping your chains around at various lengths. Lunge is literally impossible to play at ANY level until you've seen a tutorial.
I'm obviously not going to attack Sloth. Yes, Lunge is completely impossible to play with no input. So are most MYM sets.

I'm enjoying this, are you enjoying this? Been too long since we had a nice, public debate.
I am, I am, regardless of your attacking this set solely because it was well recieved. If DM had given a standard negative commentary you'd of defended this set. If DM had praised Lucy, you wouldn't care less about her.

We obviously can't keep this up much longer less this somehow look like a petty flame war to any people hovering around.

darth meanie

Smash Journeyman
I am, I am, regardless of your attacking this set solely because it was well recieved. If DM had given a standard negative commentary you'd of defened this set. If DM had praised Lucy, you wouldn't care less about her.
Glad to know I'm so influential. :bee:

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
This is the last one, I promise. We've reached the point where we've come to an uneasy agreement about most things anyway.

It -could've- been dumbed down, but certainly not easily. I was already doing a considerable amount of that as I was making the set. It could've perhaps used more polish, but I'm sure you hate editing a complete set as much as I do.
Quite so.

Based off how much you like Tycoon you could fool me.
I don't even like RCT that much. I only voted him after careful consideration and he's still not one of your best sets last contest, obviously. Not a patch on your "Big 3".

No. Stop hiding what we talked about in the chat 5 minutes earlier. Being too Smash is much worse then being too Unsmash. In any case, don't think I have any plans on doing something like this again any time soon so you play devil's adovacate and attack him solely because he actually was positively recieved until you came along.
In my defense, we talked about it after I said that, and I was mostly joking anyway (not entirely, though (SMIRK)). Anyway, it's been a long while since I've had anything really negative to say about any of your sets (last time was the "meh" I gave to Mr Sandman). The Elves had 100% positive reception once, too, but that's a whole new can of worms. ;)

I'm not pretending he's playable casually at all. You play him at the top of his game or you simply don't play him.
FAir

It should be a decent enough indicator, though, much less when we look at how painful the Brawl sets are.
Eh, I guess.

Soooo he's a trap character with a ammo bank mechanic. Kay. That's real ground breaking.
You can phrase any set like that to make it sound weak. Soooo Sloth is a heavyweight camper with a few traps. Sooo The Count is a two-in-one character with a grab KO. Saw that already in Cortiny and Joker, thanks.

I would assume this would prove my sanity rather then be used as an attack against me.
Touché. Still haven't forgiven you for not picking either Glaceon or Leafeon, though.

Assuming the player with Lunge is actually skilled it doesn't particularly seem like there's that much to keep track of in comparison to the standard MYM set.
Obviously I disagree, but now we're going in circles.

Every game Sloth is going to tie himself to a boulder at high percents, every game he's going to try to find time to rest, preferably with Neutral Special in a tomb. Every character has a few things they -always- do.

And yes, there's yet another branch (Lol flowchart indeed) in playing him like Tac, but with any reason to play him rather then picking the enemy's character from a competetive standpoint. Lunge has mindgames and can complement some movesets with his own attacks.

That'd be the optimal way to play him casually, which can't be done.
Of course every character is going to perform the same basic actions each game, but few have to do them within the constraints of such a specific order. With Sloth, you choose whether you fight first or sleep first. With Lunge, you HAVE to start off reenacting, if you're planning an arrest.

Flowcharts tend to have branches. :|

I am, I am, regardless of your attacking this set solely because it was well recieved. If DM had given a standard negative commentary you'd of defended this set. If DM had praised Lucy, you wouldn't care less about her.
Well, it was more Kupa's comment that made me decide that the set was being deified a bit too much, but that's not to say that I'm exaggerating. I haven't really mentioned all the things I liked about the set, but I haven't been fabricating complaints, either.

We obviously can't keep this up much longer less this somehow look like a petty flame war to any people hovering around.
Yeah, I s'pose we should let meanie have his day.

Glad to know I'm so influential. :bee:
Oh, yeah! Don't you know, before commenting a set I always think to myself, "What would meanie say?" ;)

Junahu

Smash Ace
Wow, what an awesome little arguement we had here. I doubt there's any reconciling the literal gulf between Rool and MW's ideals. That'd be like saying a potato and a dog could be friends. Still, I fully endorse actual moveset discussion

Unsmash <-- this word is disgusting, stop using it as if it were a compliment.

Neo Exdeath

Smash Ace
[size=+2]
Order's End​
[/size]

By Neo Exdeath

Chapter List

Prolouge-Chaos's Beginning

[size=+3]PROLOGUE: CHAOS'S BEGINNING
[/size]

As the game begins, we see a hazy sky. The clouds part, revealing a familiar-looking castle. We see a Goomba running inside the castle, going up a flight of sets, until he finally reaches a dark chamber, with a sinister glow in the back of it. From the light of the glow, we can see one large throne in the middle that is filled with a large figure, who is in an area too dark to see, with 7 smaller thrones to the sides. The figure in the large throne puts down his goblet when he sees the Goomba rush in.

"Your Nastiness, sir! An unknown man has approached the gates to the castle!", the Goomba exclaims.

The figure laughs. He steps out of the throne and into the light, revealing him as BOWSER. The Koopa King laughs, commanding, "Lead me to this intruder."

The Goomba scrambles, exclaiming, "Yes sir!". The Goomba quickly scrambles down the stairs, Bowser following him. After half a second of this, they arrive at the castle gate. At the gate is...Kammy Koopa?

Bowser growls. "What is this nonsense, Goomba?"

The Goomba panics, exclaiming, "No! No! I insist there was a strange figure here!"

Bowser smacks the Goomba aside, and quickly says, "My minions are idiots. Come, Kammy."

Kammy nods, walking into the castle gates. A strange figure enters in behind her....

We then see a bright flash. Someone chuckles. Lightning flashes. From the flash, we can see ENVY and MEWTWO.

Envy laughs harder, exclaiming, "Well....it seems like the great Koopa King...the one Master said would be to hard to kill......is finished!"

END OF PROLOGUE

------------------------------
Bowser is a moveset by Sakurai

Envy is a moveset by MasterWarlord

Mewtwo is a moveset by darth meanie and JOE!

Katapultar

Smash Lord
There must be a moveset drought for nobody to have posted a moveset on this page. Well, since we're wasting time talking about a set instead of posting them, fine. Lunge needs Rena Ryuugu and Adachi match-ups since you could have event matches based around them. With all the MYM characters that exist, so many EMs could spawn. Use your imagination.

Finish the Lunge argument...he's a great set, MW's best one in MYM7, nuff said.

[size=+3]Neo Exdeath's story [/size]
Story Modes are kind of meant to be in user blogs, but I suppose it doesn't matter due to the drought going on here (Though SMs in the blogs might help with advertising). There's not enough in the SM yet for me to be able to judge it, but it seems pretty cool. Lots of bad guys and stuff. Be sure to add URL links: perhaps to your signature if you're going to update it..................put Exdeath in it. He might get his own set.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
So, Lunge, right. Mechanics-wise, he's definitley more "unsmash"
(For the record, Usmash is the biggest cop-out complaint you can give to t a MYM set and if that's the only thing someone can level against my set I'd take that as a compliment)
than Tycoon since Tycoon was just a really complex trap-character while Lunge is...Lunge. And you know what? That's perfectly fine with me.

Seriously, this is like the Edgeworth set from MYM5 on steroids! This set really sets out to capture the feel of detetive-work (with the character's quirks on it) in Brawl, and I feel it does so splendidly. You have note-taking, magnifying glasses, arrestng, even a lulzy "good cop, bad cop" routine all translated beautfly into ways that make them work within Smash Bros' mechanics. They still all deal damage so you can use them "casually" but then you'l have the really awesome players who can take Lunge's mechanics to their full potential.

Does it REALLY matter if he doesn't have a millisecond learning curve for the casuals? Seriously, if we're gonna go with the stereotypes, then these casuals wouldn't care about any of our sets' playstyles in the first place, they'll just spam the really flashy moves. I bet most casual players would keep Spadefox's Mitternach move active all the time because "It haz teh tent1cls and eh b3c0mez a $kelet0n!!11". ANd even then, in the internet age, once people learn how some of his moves work they'd share it on SWF so everyone could see. Warlord even included some visuals in-game to help you use him.

Do I feel that it would be awesome if there was some way to simplify Lunge and keep his feel intact? Yes, but at the moment I don't see any way to compromise the set's vision with our arbitray notions about what makes a set fitting for smash bros. Edgeworth felt like he was beating up a random bystander while collecting evidence for the lulz. Lunge feels like he's trying to solve a crime while defending himself from the murderer who doesn't want to be apprehended.

King Iwata

Smash Rookie
Lunge-San:

Good to see you aren't using that annoying spelling the Americans like with the R, but Lunge-San is far too complicated to get into the fourth super smashing of the brothers. Moves like that ftilt are good, the knife stab, but I don't like all that extra stuff. Make all the moves like the knife stab - just the knife stab, not all the incomprehensible stuff, and remove the mechanic, and I'll consider it.

...But then again, why would we add Lunge-San over Doctor Tenma? He's the main character. He clearly has the most potential, he can heal the enemy! He'll be a favorite of those hardcore players for his excellent performance in doubles.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
King Iwata said:
Lunge-San:

Good to see you aren't using that annoying spelling the Americans like with the R, but Lunge-San is far too complicated to get into the fourth super smashing of the brothers. Moves like that ftilt are good, the knife stab, but I don't like all that extra stuff. Make all the moves like the knife stab - just the knife stab, not all the incomprehensible stuff, and remove the mechanic, and I'll consider it.
. . .Yeah. I'll remove everything that makes him Lunge and all the playstyle/creativity, and make him use a knife in all his attacks with the intent to kill so he's a psychotic murderer. K. I don't want my sets in your crappy game, thanks.

...But then again, why would we add Lunge-San over Doctor Tenma? He's the main character. He clearly has the most potential, he can heal the enemy! He'll be a favorite of those hardcore players for his excellent performance in doubles.
Tenma has no potential. . .I'm sure even you would recognize that idea would make him even more of a joke then Pichu. MYM is a place where heavyweight male antagonists are much more favored then main characters and especially female leads, regardless of what Junahu would have you believe.

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Since the leaders aren't doing any, I decided to take a crack at a review.

Review: Rider by darth meanie

Yeah, I'd Rider.

I was thrilled about Rider since the first time you told me of her conception (yet slightly put off by that wall of text you buried me in about the plot of Fate/Stay Night), and I knew she would be great. You yourself told me she could win MYM7 (unlike Subaru). Since I'm the lone soul you previewed her to, I think it would be fitting for me to review her. (Fun Fact: my only other review that actually got done was of Magmortar in MYM5. Fun times.)​

Presentation:
Well done, very well done. Rider is basically a giant playstyle section, which is a daring effort. While many don't like it, I feel it gives Rider a charm and uniqueness all her own, and it's certainly a treat to read. While I did find myself forgetting moves and having to go back and refresh my memory on them, I like this on the whole. The color scheme is very sexy (much like Rider herself), and the consistency of pictures throughout the whole set is well implemented. I do have a nitpicky complaint, it's that the magenta bolding color hurts my eyes. There's just something about it that makes my skin crawl.​

Writing Style:
You know what's weird? I did not have a problem with your writing style. I really don't see what's wrong with it, according to others. It's not exceptional either, but you don't use a lot of words that the average joe can't understand, although you don't mince words either.​

Playstyle:
This is perhaps the moveset's best quality. Rider has a lot going for her, while not sticking to any one method of style. I love the idea of chaining yourself to the enemy and dragging them around. Some of the moves are a bit too much (the recovery, for instance) but it all comes together in the end.​

Characterization:
I've never watched Fate/Stay Night, but from the material you've told me and the moveset, I'm pretty sure Rider is true to character. The whole Medusa thing isn't exploited much, but the chains and Pegasus and Blood Fort Andromeda are pretty spot on (I assume).​

Balance:
I said earlier Rider seems like she has too much going for her for her own good. Some things balance her out (lag mostly), but she seems like she would be Meta Knight with a vagina in a fight. Maybe I'm just not seeing it correctly, but it looks like her chains have a wide area of effect, thus making her supreme in FFAs. She's not Envy/Mewtwo god-tier, but it looks like she's trying. Yeah, I'm not seeing it correctly. Silly me.​

Overall:
I like Rider. I really like her, but not "super-vote" like her. You could probably top this, and I'll eagerly await what you have next (which I already know what it is :p)​

Katapultar

Smash Lord
[size=+4]Some MYM1 sets I've read and liked [/size]

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=125448&highlight=Make+Move

MYM1 was the beginning of MYM. I don't know if you guys even bother to go back and read this stuff, but the thread's kind of in a sticky bit so Im just gonna post for the sake of doing so. MYM1 had a lot of fun extras, such as taunts, stages and even bosses which you can't find these days in a set, which makes them entertaining to read even if the attacks themselves aren't as good as ours we made, or if they aren't very colorful. I'd suggest going back and reading some of the stuff.

Viki by Kips - 2nd place
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=135047
I know, it might be a bit akward that this set is not listed in MYM1 but rather in it's own thread. It came 2nd in MYM1, and some good reasons too: fun extras, writing style, lots of detail, humour, all the good reasons of which are mostly reasons why I've picked these sets. In the end of the set, Kips even stated the chances of Viki getting into Brawl: something not done due to MYM prying away from it's original purpose. The final image in the set is funny in it's own way.

Cthulhu by El_Duderino - 7th place
http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=3734640&postcount=491
If there's one thing I like a lot about this set, it's that El_Duderino used quotes to add great interest to this guy's backstory as to brace the reader for what's to come next, even using the most fitting writing style possible to describe Cthulhu's attacks. Even near the end of the set, the stage is a real treat: well described and has 3 images to accompany it. Yet my favourite part of the set is the boss fight: Azeroth (made me think WoW). No, the boss isn't as well described as what you'd find in MYM3-7 SMs, but that's not the beauty of it. Added with great writing, the boss fight is a story in itself: Cthulhu gets another character to work alongside with him, and then after the epic fight: he betrays them! Then you have to beat him. I love it. Read.

Arceus by Flying Dutchman - 42nd(?)
http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=3003177&postcount=46
What, a moveset for Arceus? This one gets mentioned for having a fun down special with multi-type and constantly saying "Arceus used..." throughout the set.

Ike by Fawriel - 6th place
http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=4216935&postcount=1124
Forget Furret (who never made the top 50...wait it did. But not as well as Ike), Ike is king. Fawriel has top notch writing and organisation, but he also implemented fun but not game affecting mechanics such as giving Ike a personality - 3 sets of animations, taunts and victory poses. He has fun moves that are related to breakdancing such as suicide and wall jump. Great stage as well. And a detailed list of music.

Those are some of the few greats sets of MYM1. There's a lot more, but Im too lazy to go and find more...

And special mention goes to................

Bobobo-bobo-bobo by Great Clay Monkey
http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=3748697&postcount=504
His reception was ***** by Bass. But Fawriel gave him a thumbs up. To be honest Im just mentioning him because I like Bobobo-bobo-bobo as a series whole. Not like anyone's gonna read the set. To be honest, I like a lot of other sets better than this one.

Salesman is also a hilarious set too.
http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=3319735&postcount=94
Read it or else.

ZSS
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=3927385&postcount=789
Fun

Neo Exdeath

Smash Ace
Katapultar said:
Story Modes are kind of meant to be in user blogs, but I suppose it doesn't matter due to the drought going on here (Though SMs in the blogs might help with advertising). There's not enough in the SM yet for me to be able to judge it, but it seems pretty cool. Lots of bad guys and stuff. Be sure to add URL links: perhaps to your signature if you're going to update it..................put Exdeath in it. He might get his own set.
Well, Rool did say it was okay to post my SM here, so......yeah. Thanks for the compliments. And I do think I will put links in my sig. And on Exdeath? Well, you never know............:evil:

BKupa666 said:
Nice, brief, ominous intro. Hopefully you'll actually finish it so I can give better commentary.
Thanks. Don't fret, I plan to finish.

Katapultar

Smash Lord
Well, Rool did say it was okay to post my SM here, so......yeah.
I can understand that from the thread's activity itself. Sounds fun. It'll be more conventional for all of us. Good choice.

Agi

Smash Lord

BACKSTORY

Sheep Man was originally created to manage sheep on a ranch. One day he became aware of the static electricity stored in his wool, and changed careers to giving lessons about static resistance at a circuit board factory. However, he’s gotten weary of this and is considering changing jobs again. He can divide his body into cloud-like puffs and rain down static electricity like lightning.​

N Size - 5 N
N Weight - 4 N
N Power - 8 N
N Speed - 3 N
N Attack Speed - 7 N
N Jump - 7 N
N Second Jump - 8 N
N Aerial DI - 6 N

N Neutral Special - Cotton Cloud N

Sheep Man shakes himself off a little bit, looking like a dog after a miscalculated jump over a stream, with static flying off of him to boot. This goes through rather quickly, about the same length as Lucas's NAir. His body is a low-priority hitbox that deals multiple hits of 2% with flinching, that has the potential to deal 12% if used directly on top of an opponent.

Not all too impressive. If you move away from your position, however, you'll see that Sheep Man has left a near-carbon copy of himself, or at least the fluffy part of himself. This serves as a little thundercloud that will shoot out lightning bolts towards the ground which deal 5% and good hitstun, one every second for eight seconds. Oh, I forgot to mention... this obviously wouldn't be too helpful if used on the ground, so if you happen to do so, the cloud will rise up about twice Ganon's height before beginning its attack.

A funny thing happens if a lightning bolt hits another cloud. The cloud underneath absorbs the first's attack, flashing yellow as it does so. After absorbing five bolts, the second cloud will begin its attack anew... with a twist. It will begin to shoot out bolts in six directions, only disappearing after firing six times. Naturally, the range of this is significantly lower than the range of a normal cloud, about the radius of a Smart Bomb.

Do you know what I'm thinking? Of course you don't. Get out of my head. If you set up yet another cloud to absorb the attack of your second, then the trajectory of the bolts will flip, shooting off to the sides instead of up and down, potentially creating a powerful series of joined clouds. You could potentially keep up this cycle for a pretty long time. Except... well, these clouds are made out of cotton. They only have 10 stamina, enough to be taken out by most characters' aerials, and in addition you can only make three at a time. But hey, they're providing a minefield of lightning to get through, so they may be around for a while after all.

One final thing (YES I PROMISE.) If you let Sheep Man be hit by these lightning bolts, they'll power him up a little bit. You see, Sheep Man has an invisible statistic... static. You build it up by doing various things, and this is one of them. It'll be 25 lightning bolts to get you to full static, so this is indeed an extremely slow method. Just know that it's out there, though.

Static isn't exactly an "invisible" statistic. As you gather more and more, Sheep Man's body will crackle with bursts of electricity more frequently. When he's at full static, his body will flash yellow.​

N Side Special - Thunder Wool N

I really should’ve waited for the actual game to come out before writing this set, as I have no idea what this move is supposed to look like. If it turns out to be something completely different, I may edit it back in. Until then, here’s what happens…

Sheep Man throws his arm forward in a manner not unlike those sumo slaps from Twilight Princess. From his outstretched palm flies a little baby cloud, which quickly grows to be a big baby cloud. (You may only create one of these at a time.) This cloud begins to drift diagonally upwards, moving at Lakitu speed horizontally. It’ll fire small thunderbolts downward, which defy the laws of thermodynamics by detaching themselves from the main cloud. Unlike the main, cotton clouds, this little woolen tyke shoots two thunderbolts a second for as long as it’s onscreen. Considering that it drifts up about as slowly as a party ball on its way to its resting position, this could take a while. Lightning bolts from this cloud deal a wimpy 2% without knockback or hitstun. If they encounter Sheep Man, they have they same effect as a normal lightning bolt… +1 static.

Now, what if you use this cloud to attack your cotton clouds? Suddenly, that wimpy 2% is added to the 5% of the original cloud, affecting every bolt it has. With pixel-perfect precision, you could get a Thunder Wool to attack a Cotton Cloud twice, buffing the bolts up to 9%. However, most of the time you’ll have to settle with a 7%. The cloud will become darker and flash with electricity more often for each time that it is buffed. Also, note that these buffed bolts will restore one more unit of static for each additional power-up.​

N Up Special - Drift N

Stopping his fall, Sheep Man loses all sign of life as his eyes, legs, and antennae disappear, leaving only the cloud-like body. Choose the direction you want to go, and he’ll move about half Battlefield’s length that way, forwards by default. He leaves two clouds on his way… one where he initiated the move and one midway between himself and the starting point, and the trio will fire lightning bolts perpendicular to their line. Slightly after firing, the other two clouds disappear, and Sheep Man reforms. But which cloud is Sheep Man, anyway? Turns out, that’s up for you to decide. Keep holding to appear out of the farthest cloud, move the opposite direction to come out in your initial position, and leave the control stick centered to pop out in the middle one.

But wait, there’s more! Flick the control stick up or down to choose between any clouds that you may have created with your Neutral or Forward Special. They’ll flash to let you know which one you’ve selected. Using this, you could potentially warp to anywhere on the screen you’ve been in the last 5-10 seconds. However, taking the place of a cloud will obviously interrupt its fire and destroy it.​

N Down Special - Static Pull N

You’ll be using this move a lot, so pay attention. Sheep Man turns to face the screen, and lightning begins to course between his antennae while static flies off of his body. At this point, every object onscreen will begin to move towards him as long as you hold B, faster or slower depending on their distance away from Sheep Man (about Battlefield’s radius is where the pull is strongest) as well as the amount of static he has built up. At full charge, they’ll be pulled in at the speed of Pikachu’s dash within the main area of effect, and at the speed of a conveyor belt outside of it. With little to no static, there will be little to no effect, not that you couldn’t have figured that one out.

But why pull them towards you? Well, Sheep Man’s body is an extremely high-priority hitbox that deals great damage and knockback on contact… to one person. The first to touch him will take all the brunt of the force as the static electricity is unleashed upon them. This can deal 26% with knockback rivaling Ike’s FSmash at maximum, and only 1% and flinching at minimum. Naturally, using this move requires static. It’ll eat up the equivalent of two lightning bolts for every second you hold it out, therefore draining the move’s damage and knockback over time. Note that the initial strength of the pull remains the same, and that the priority is top-notch until ALL of your static is gone. If you happen to lose all static before you catch the foe, you’ll continue to pull them in but lose your priority, damage, and knockback potential… the whole point of this move. Enjoy your free smash to the face.

Note that your clouds will also be pulled towards you, although their negative field will keep clouds from coming too close to eachother. By maneuvering yourself underneath some clouds, you can add static to make up for the static you’re using, therefore extending the length of this move. If you’re able to pull in a Thunder Wool as well, you could really start racking up some power! However, once again note that your initial pull won’t increase or decrease… such a shame it would be to pull your foe in at Ganondorf’s walk to a fully-charged attack.​

N Neutral A - Discharge N

You really can’t expect all moves to be mind-bogglers. Sometimes, you just have to get a little room in-between you and your opponent. That’s what this move is for. When activated, an electrical shimmer flashes around Sheep Man while he closes his eyes, after a touch of starting lag. This affects the area immediately around him, maybe a pokeball’s width around. Opponents caught in this field of energy are pushed away slightly. They also become stunned for a while, about half as long as Zamus’s Dsmash. This may seem like a perfect time to pull them in, but this move takes off 1/4 of your static, dealing damage equal to double the number of bolts you lost. (If you had an odd number to start with, it’ll round up.) All properties of this move besides damage remain the same regardless of how many bolts you had stored up.​

N Dash Attack - Frolic N

He’s a sheep. Sheep frolic. I’ll be the first to come out and say it… dash attacks are not my specialty.

A short jump into the air is all the effort that Sheep Man makes for his dash attack. I mean, he’s already running. What more do you want? He’s an average-priority hitbox (think Samus’s Dash attack) that deals 9%, with equally average knockback. Average, average, average, in response to your next three questions. Truly, all this move is useful for is its side effect. After landing, Sheep Man scuffs his feet on the ground, building up three boltsworth (this is now a word) of static. If you have an aggressive opponent, you may have to rely on this move to build up the static.​

N Forward Tilt - Polarize N

Maybe 25 bolts is a bit low for you. I mean, all you’ll be able to do is 26% even if you hit the foe with your Down Special immediately! If that's the way you think, this is the move for you. The animation is pretty similar to his Forward Special… he opens up a plam and lets a little cloud fly out. This cloud, however, is coursing with electrical energy. If it hits a foe, they’ll become imbued with ten additional bolts while taking eight damage.

Basically, you’ve just created a living, breathing (okay, unless it’s ROB) battery. The next time you attack them, those ten bolts will be added to the ones you already have when it comes to calculating pull, damage, knockback, so on. Affected foes will crackle with static, so you can keep track of who your best targets are. Please note that the static only lasts in the foe until they take the damage, and also that this does not stack.​

N Up Tilt - Lightning Rod N

Holding both arms upward with electricity coursing through his body, Sheep Man is just LOOKING for trouble walking around with all those thunderclouds everywhere. Maybe that's what he wants, though. Every single lightning bolt on the screen will be directed towards him for as long as you hold this tilt, and those 6-pointed ones will fire a bit outwards first to avoid a sextuptled-up bolt. This is probably the best way to build up static if you have several clouds all around, and is also great to link together with your UThrow, which I'll get to later.​

N Down Tilt - Static Field N

Well, well. Pikachu’s dash not enough for you? Even the static you’ve stored in the foe won’t quite get you the pull you need? Seems like you’ll have to resort to creating a static field. Fields take very little time to create (Sheep Man just touches the ground once) are about the size of a party ball, slightly smaller than Sheep Man himself. They're also largely invisible, as you can only see them by the occasional crackle of energy they make.

These are mainly used as a buff to Sheep Man's Down Special. Creating one takes half of your static (rounding up), and has the same pull as a down special that you would use at that point anyway. What it lacks, however, is the actual damage. The idea is for you to create one and stand inside of it, so you can double the strength of your pull. You can also use this to lure foes into areas with high concentrations of lightning bolts. I'll touch on some more sophisticated uses in the playstyle section.

Now, I have some bad news. Since the field is negatively charged, it will actually repel any bolts that come near it. This means that you can't camp inside of here with your down special while simultaneously recharging yourself.​

N Forward Smash - Herd N

This is an old technique from Sheep Man's days as a shepherd. While you charge, Sheep Man paces like an angry bull. Wrong animal, you silly sheep. After releasing the charge, he'll jump forwards a distance (A bit more than a battlefield platform), and as soon as he lands he'll... roll back to where he started? Turns out, this is a method to "scrape", if you will, your opponent towards you. As such, it only deals 12-18%, but it takes away any traction they may have had. You could potentially cause them to slide half the length of Final Destination (Melee FD) at full charge, giving this camper a reason to pressure.​

N Up Smash - Sheep Splitter N

Despite its odd animation, this is one of Sheep Man's more conventional moves. By first splitting up into two afterimages of himself and jumping diagonally upwards, Sheep Man shoots a bolt of static from each hand towards his clone, one 60 degrees up and the other 60 degrees down. Naturally, his clone replicates this motion. (notice that neither the clone nor the genuine article cannot be attacked during this phase.)The result is two electromagnetic explosions double the size of Pikachu's FSmash, one up in the air and one just above the ground. These will deal 20-30% with average vertical knockback to anyone who gets caught in them, killing at 200%.

Now, notice that charging this move will not affect the knockback. Knockback is determined by how much static that Sheep Man has accumulated, by a factor of 1.2 for every 10 bolts. This means that with full static, the kill percentage drops to 1/3 of what it was, about 70%. This may be a tad overpowered, but since the hitbox is placed in two unlikely locations... Sheep Man's original position as well as an arbitrary distance above him, you may be hard-pressed to land it.

N Down Smash - Telebolt N

No, this has nothing to do with teleporting. The root "Tele" means distance.

Now that that's out of the way, maybe you can guess what purpose the move serves. While you charge, each of your clouds will begin to pulse and churn with darkness and static, not necessarily in that order. Upon releasing the smash, Sheep Man points forward and powerful lightning bolts will release from all of your clouds, your powered-up clouds shooting bolts in six directions as usual. Bolts deal 15% and moderate knockback in the direction they were fired, restoring two bolts of static if they shoot Sheep Man. The best use for this move is defending your clouds from afar. Note that they will count as a regular lightning bolt, depleting the cloud's stamina by one.​

N Neutral Air - Seeding N

Now, where would you be if you powered all those clouds up and then helplessly watched them disappear as they mindlessly fire out the last of their bolts? Fortunately, this move will allow Sheep Man to restore stamina to his clouds... at a cost, though.

First, he spreads out his arms and legs, creating a small electrical field that doubles as a low-damage, low-priority shield. Shortly, he claps his hands together, causing a yellow wave of electricity to emanate from his body, spreading across the entire screen. Unfortunately, this doesn't deal any damage, but it does fully restore any clouds you may have created. Each of them will momentarily flash electric green to alert you to their newfound stamina. Immediately after being affected, each cloud will fire an attack which does not deplete their original stamina. Did I just end three sentences with the word stamina?

As I mentioned before, this move does have a cost... it's highly manageable, however. For each cloud you restore, the equivalent of four bolts of static will be used, regardless of how many bolts they had used. Considering you can only create three clouds at a time, the maximum static used will be twelve bolts, about half of your maximum supply.​

N Forward Air - Rebound N

This is for all you classic Megaman players out there. (*watches maybe two people cheer*) Sparks fly between Sheep Man's antennae just before this move's activation, as a momentary forewarning to the foes. Don't you hate moves like that?

Anyways, after this bit of starting lag, the sheep flings his head... body... whatever that's supposed to be... forward, striking the opponent with the bolts between the antennae. Who's in charge of these robots' anatomy, anyway? This has an extremely powerful paralyzing effect, that ties into the Mega Man 1 reference I made earlier. You see, in that game, whenever you're suspended in midair for a period of time, whether you're actually falling or not, your downwards acceleration increases. This means that in addition to the 11% the opponent takes, they'll also plummet towards the ground at a speed three times their normal falling speed in a second and a half. Heck yes, I can gimp with this!​

N Up Air - Weak Force N

The best comparison to this move would be Game and Watch's UAir... in reverse! Aren't I clever? Like his FAir, Sheep Man's antennae pulse with electricity upon activating this move. Quickly, the positive ions emanating from their body attract the arbitrarily negative ions coming from the opponent, greatly accelerating their fall speed. It's too bad, though... invariably (unless they're REALLY high up in the air) they'll land on top of the electrical impulse, and be shocked, taking 12% with moderate vertical knockback. It's possible to juggle with this, but Sheep Man's low ground speed coupled with this move's hefty ending lag may make it difficult, unless your opponent is really slow in midair. Also, each successful juggle drains eight bolts of static, so even optimally you would only be able to do this thrice.​

N Down Air - Cumulonimbus N

Here's hoping I spelled that correctly. This move looks like your typical stall-then-fall... Sheep Man dives towards the ground while spinning, electricity coursing all over his body. This serves as a nerfed Ganon's DAir, at about 75% the potency.

Of course, that's not all that happens. You should know by now to try every move in your arsenal on a cloud. If you use this move on one, Sheep Man will actually enter the cloud and disappear. The cloud grows to twice its size and turns pitch-black, and begins to spark. Now, if you use the control stick, you can move the cloud around! Use your Neutral B to use your standard lightning-firing attack, and use your Down Smash to... use your Down Smash. The neat thing about this is that the cloud now has twice the stamina it had when you possessed it, and deals a bit more damage than usual. Plus, you're brawling as a cloud. How awesome is that?

You'll be forced out of the cloud when either it takes the normal 10% damage, you fire too many lightning bolts, or you fastfall out. I suppose you could use this to stall, but stalling is banned in tournaments anyway. Anyways, the cloud still has autofire... it just happens twice as slowly.​

N Back Air - Static Footstool N

Oh, no! Generic backwards kick with a twist number 17!

Sheep Man's BAir has a similar execution to Ness's BAir, pulling his legs in before unleashing the beast. When he kicks, however, he doesn't actually damage the foe. Instead, they get stuck to the bottom of his feet! After turning himself to a more natural position with the ground, Sheep Man will jump off of his quarry's head, making this a very effective footstool. And yes, you can use this on your clouds. Bet you didn't see that coming, huh? (wary)

If you do so, you'll see just how useful (and non-generic) this move is. Instead of footstooling off the cloud, Sheep Man will remain comfortably on top of it. You could jump off like normal from here, restoring your midair jump as well as getting the starting jump, but you'd be throwing away the true potential of this move. You see, while on top of the cloud, you can use any of your ground attacks until it disappears. This leads to several strategies, for example, perfect "support" cloud placement. My personal favorite, however, is using your UTilt, Lightning Rod, while on top of the cloud. You see, your steed will still fire downwards, but the bolt does a 180 to attempt to attack you... thereby attacking itself and serving as its own support. When you ride an already-buffed cloud, you'll be able to keep it alive while restoring three or more bolts of static to yourself per second! There are certainly more interactions that you could use from this position, but I'll leave it to you to discover them.​

N Grab - Strong Force N

Just your basic grabbing motion, amplified by the irresistible force of static electricity. It's got a bit of range to it, more than you would expect from such a small motion.​

N Pummel - Pulse N

With the opponent trapped in both hands, Sheep Man is free to use them as a short circuit. They pulse with electrical energy as they are assaulted slowly by static, taking 2-3% per pummel.​

N Forward Throw - Ram N

Yep yep, there's always one in an Agi set. An out-of-place generic move defended by circular logic and wimpy reasoning. But enough talk, here's your throw!

Another pretty straight-forward attack. A bit of static electricity courses through Sheep Man's horns, and then he (head/body/potato)butts the opponent to knock them forwards, dealing 9% with average horizontal knockback. Yay for last-minute move creation!​

N Up Throw - Static Cling N

After holding the foe in front of him for a bit of time, there's only one logical thing left to do for Sheep Man... rub them over his head vigorously. What? Stop staring at me. It's what you do with balloons. And anyone who's done this during their childhood knows what happens... the balloon magically stays atop of your head, held by the force of static electricity. Sheep Man, however, has a bit stronger pull than you may have had. He'll be able to walk, run, jump, heck, even juggle if he wanted to without worrying about his "balloon" falling off.

I'll stop raving now. Basically what happens is that the foe is trapped on top of Sheep Man until they can wriggle themselves off, much like DK's FThrow. While they're attached to you, using your Down Special will drain all of your static without any effect, for reasons that made sense when I thought of them. What you'll want to do is stand beneath one of your clouds, to allow lightning to course through their body and into you. This will let you simultaneously damage the foe while powering yourself up! A handy move, indeed.​

N Down Throw - Ionization Energy N

Sheep Man knocks the opponent down to the ground, dropping them onto their butt. Extending his palm outwards towards them, you'll see three small bolts coming from the foe, and enter Sheep Man. He's just taken advantage of one of an atom's chemical properties... the ionization energy. Now, the positively-charged opponent will begin to attract the negatively-charged static bolts. This first ionization energy, if you will, deprives Sheep Man of three boltsworth. (Remember how I said that was a word earlier?)

Now, for all of my fellow AP Chemistry students, we know what happens next, right? Let's fill the mortals in on the details. The first ionization energy may not take a while lot to activate, but each progressive ionization energy you make doubles in the amount of static it takes, although it will cause bolts to be attracted to a greater extent towards the foe. One final nerdy comment to make on this move. Since the element you're removing these electrons from is Carbon, there will be a 10x jump on the fifth Ionization energy, effectively halting the removal.​

N Back Throw - Sibling N

Just after activating this move, Sheep Man catapults himself over the foe's shoulders, dealing 5% and pulling them to the ground. He will then proceed to back up slightly, dragging his feet as he does so. After walking backwards about half a Battlefield platform, he will run straight forwards, with his finger extended. This rather pitiful-looking attack actually packs quite the punch... and it should, for taking away half your static. In addition to strong horizontal knockback (See melee Peach's FThrow,) the base damage for this move is 3%, with an extra percentage for each bolt expended. This brings the maximum damage that it's possible to deal up to 21%!

...what? You're saying that it's only 16%? Do you really think that he was dragging his feet because he likes it? No, that was a succeeded attempt to supersaturate his level of static... that's right, even at your maximum twenty-five bolts, this will bump your count up ten more just before you nab your foe. 3% + half of 35 (rounded up) = 21%. Eat your heart out, Dedede.

You may be wondering about the move's title... don't any of you have a younger brother or sister?​

Oh, no! Sheep Man grabbed the Smash Ball! After briefly zooming into a closeup of Sheep Man, the top sixth of the screen becomes covered in dark thunderclouds, and each cloud you currently have active turns into one of these clouds. Now, these clouds remain onscreen for about twelve seconds, and fill begin firing many, many bolts, each as powerful as a fully-charged Down Smash. Four will be fired every second from the main cloud from a random position, stretching all the way to the ground. Two will be fired from your standard clouds each second. To top this all off, Sheep Man has full static the whole time this is going on, and your clouds will remain in their overly powerful state even after the final smash ends, although they do revert back to having twelve shots.

After the storm ends, the sun will return to shining as all the clouds disappear. Wait, what? You say I forgot to name the final smash? ...nah, screw it. I'm done with this set. (h)

Due to popular demand, I have opted to name the final smash Roger. (y)

Oh man, Sheep Man's playstyle. Hopefully I've been warming you up for this section since the very first move. From the surface, Sheep Man may appear to be a set-up character. That he is, but his set up takes such little time that it would be unfair to say that pressuring him at the very beginning would be an overwhelming strategy. Now, you'll definitely need to watch out for your clouds. They have such little stamina that defending them should be your top priority, at least once you power them up a bit. Once you get them going, though, they should be able to defend themselves pretty well.

So, how should you play as Sheep Man? Naturally, your clouds should be your main focus. There are several parts to being a good cloud farmer, so listen up. Cloud Placement is your top priority. Since they're so fragile, dying to only 10% of damage, you'll want them out of the way. Sheep Man has pretty good jumping and anti-air capabilities, so putting them up in the air seems to be a great strategy. Fortunately, Sheep Man has a nice tactic to do so... his Up Special.

For getting your clouds as high as possible, you'll want to take advantage of this strategy. First, jump as high as you can, and release a cloud at the apex of your jump. From here, land back on the ground and use your Up Special, and manipulate it so you pop back in the cloud you just created. Jump up after reappearing, create another cloud. Do this as many times as necessary to get your desired height.

Of course, there's more to cloud placement than getting them out of the way. Linking clouds together is an absolute must, if you plan to build any amount of Static. Below is a diagram of Sheep Man's ideal cloud placement. The faded-out cloud is the one that started it all.

Placing clouds in such an excellent pattern isn't all that you should do. No, your Thunder Wool is just BEGGING to be used! My recommendation is that you send it up right from where you're standing. It'll go up and power one of the completely self-sufficient side clouds, and from there you can call it back with your down special, causing it to double back to power up the top cloud!

Okay, okay. Now that that's over with, you have a bunch of clouds... firing lightning everywhere... doing some damage... crap. They can't KO. Never fear! Not only are they attacking the foe, they're (at least they SHOULD be) giving you some much-needed static. Essentially, you're in the lead as soon as you attain this position, because you can just drop down a Static Field (DTilt) to double up your pull with your down special, and pull them in to the strength of Ike's FSmash over and over again.

Well, you could, were it not for the fact that you're pulling your foe towards the clouds. Chances are, any smart opponent would jump up and smack the clouds as they're pulled towards you, and heck. They may even be able to use the rubberband effect to take out two, even all three, at once.

So, how does Sheep Man recover when he's inevitably beaten off of the stage? Turns out, there's no end of options for the caprine android. Assuming that he hasn't attained the maximum number of clouds yet, he can use his Neutral Special on the trajectory, and warp to it with little challenge. But yeah, that's kinda boring. How about another tactic?

If you ever find yourself struggling at the bottom of the stage, you can use a variation on the last tactic to get Sheep Man back on land. Use your Neutral Special as you fall, warp to the cloud you just made with your Up Special, grab onto the cloud with your BAir, maybe launch a Thunder Wool for backup, and jump back onto the stage. It's that easy!

To sum it all up, Sheep Man has a couple of goals he wants to obtain in every brawl. First off, position your clouds carefully. Secondly, power them up with other clouds, or your Thunder Wool. Polarizing and Ionizing your opponents with your FTilt and DThrow respectively also falls under this category. Third, defend them, and manage their stamina with your Neutral Air. Fourth, use them, among your other attacks, to build up static, surviving as well as you can until you get a respectable amount. Finally, score a KO by using your Down Special, and gimp them offstage with your FAir if need be. Mastering Sheep Man may take some effort, but I guarantee that it will be worth the attempt.​

Koppakirby

Smash Cadet
Sheep Man Review

Sheep Man
Sheep Man was a good read. Although the mechanic did confuse me a little. The whole buildup of clouds and everything seemed to be a little slow. Maybe that's because I did get a little lost in the set, it does look fantastic. Sheep Man is almost 100% dependent on his clouds, however. I can imagine Sakurai forcing an event match that forces SheepMan to win without them. In the end though, everything came together beautifully. You did a great job with the character, still not knowing what the game holds. Finally, the set was funny. Like 'Ha ha' funny. I still haven't read a lot of your sets(I'm ashamed as well), so maybe that was a thing that you usually do. Also, you forgot to name your Final Smash.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
There must be a moveset drought for nobody to have posted a moveset on this page. Well, since we're wasting time talking about a set instead of posting them, fine. Lunge needs Rena Ryuugu and Adachi match-ups since you could have event matches based around them. With all the MYM characters that exist, so many EMs could spawn. Use your imagination.
One page without a set makes a moveset drought? :confused: And talking about a set is kinda... a good thing. Y'know?

Finish the Lunge argument...he's a great set, MW's best one in MYM7, nuff said.
I never really looked at it that way. I take it all back, every word!

So enough nasty sarcasm, it's time for a catch-up.

Hunter J: I swear, this looks like a guy. Androgynous guy, but still. Anyway, this is a very ambitious set that tries to break the increasingly stale three-in-one trainer cliché by actually involving the trainer in the battle, and the implementation is actually surprisingly good. It's so refreshing to see the vital KO move at the very beginning of the set, and from your descriptions of J's nature, the way she plays sounds very accurate. The system has a few bugs - and I'm not especially fond of the way your orderd the moveset - but the playstyle is very much there and very much unique. Drapion and Ariados to tangle them up while you hide from atop Salamence, then descend and deal the finishing blow yourself. What's not to like?

I'm just going to point out that, at this point, I think I could make a very solid list of votes. Everyone seems to be stepping up their games nowadays.

Bully: I really want to love this set, but I can't... quite. Bully's voice is very likable in its black-and-white caveman simplicity and makes even generic attacks fun to read, so you've got something there, and the playstyle - literally pushing the foe off the stage - is something I've been planning for a while, quite clever. That said, the voice does fluctuate a bit more than it should, the attacks are a bit lacking in flow and don't all contribute to your objective, and there are just a few too many friends popping out of nowhere for my taste. A nice set, though, don't get me wrong. You're improving, KK!

I commented already on Magikarp and Kael. =O Wow, I'm awesome.

Stanley the Bugman: That's such a cool title. I want to be called Rool the Bugman.

More to the point... Christ, Kupa. Your improvement is absolutely ridiculous at this point. I read this succinct, pleasant, very playstyle-oriented set and remember Wart, with his insane bolding and "combo heavyweight" and huge detail and completely random overcreative attacks and props aplenty. This is insane. Stanley himself errs at times - he comes very close to being an ordinary trap character with that freeze spray - and he has one immediately apparent balance blooper - by using Down Special while he's inside a mist cloud, he creates a massive zone in which he's completely invulnerable against characters who don't have powerful projectiles - but these little mistakes are easily forgiven because he has so much flow. Yes, there's that word again. Stanley has focus, and he sounds like he'd be a blast to play, even more than he already is to read.

I don't know whether I like this more than Zinger. I love them both. Keep it up, man, you're on a roll.

Now, at this point, I'm going to skip Rider, because I will get that darth meanie review done one of these days and there have to be SOME surprises waiting for that.

Sableye: Ah, I remember you getting first post in MYM 3, Zook (or was it 4?), and saying that you'd post in that one... and then you never did. That always made me chuckle. Anyway, it's always nice to see one of the more upstanding members of SWF dropping by with a moveset, and even nicer when that moveset happens to be good, as Sableye is. I'm very fond of Sableye's odd gameplan, and also of the way that you give a brief one-sentence summary of an attack before launching into all the nasty little details (I might steal that idea, actually...). The set's also got a great sense of colour and very few boring attacks. It wants some headers for attack category, just for easier browsing, and maybe a playstyle section at the end to recap, but for the most part, it's an very nice set, especially for someone who hasn't made one since Gengar in MYM... 4? 5? I don't even remember. I'm getting too old for this.

And that's it, folks. I'm all caught up. I skipped Clay, who I'm still planning to review, as well as Rider, and I'm done. Isn't that too nutty?

Actually, I do owe somebody a comment...

Cairne: And I really like this set. It's got that two-pronged playstyle (it's a pun, see?) that focuses partially on surviving a certain amount of time and partially on literally pushing the opponent into a hole. Of course the two complement each other, and there's a very interesting motif with staling moves going on; it makes Cairne grow increasingly frantic as time goes on and fewer moves continue to be useful stallers. There's a hell of a lot of potential for attacks involving momentum and slopes that has never really been tapped into, but with Cairne making them himself (and wouldn't that look weird on Smashville), you get to play around with a lot of fun options, like that fascinating pummel/special pummel dynamic. His playstyle consists of making a hole and putting the opponent into it, then keeping them stuck in there for long enough to either finish them off or simply reincarnate upon death. That you did this with such a plain, potential-less character is all the more impressive. No idea why you thought I wouldn't like this set - it's a perfect example of the triumph of staunch, solid playstyle over flashy complexity, unlike a certain other set everybody loves now. Everybody loves the razzle dazzle >=(

Did anyone really expect that I'd still be doing this two months into the contest? I certainly didn't. :bee:

EDIT: Stupid agi with his awesome stupid Sheep Man that used to be a post that just said RESERVED... I'll comment on him soon, but blargh and blast, I'm not caught up anymore. :mad:

Katapultar

Smash Lord
[size=+3]Sheep Man[/size]
I do agree with Koopakirby about getting lost, but that shouldn't detract from the set in any way. It just makes it harder for me to think of any comments to say.

I don't have any nitpicks at all in mind. The set had some fun reader interaction thanks to you, and the playstyle reminds me of The Great Mighty Poo, but with clouds that trap and camp at the same time but don't kill. What I can interpret from the read is a job well done.

My commenting is becoming worse, ohno. Complicated sets are impossible to pick apart.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Sheep Man:
Is this the first set we've made for a character who wasn't in a game yet? Besides the abomination known as Roy, of course. Sheep Man's clouds are his equivilent to Stanley's mist, and I like how you explicitly state that he doesn't require a lot of time to set up. Having chain reactions with the clouds and lightning is ingenius, and the pictures only help to clarify their trajectories. Keeping his enemies close to him with static is another interesting concept, but they are able to flee, aren't they? A few parts of the set took a while for me to decipher, but there's nothing blatantly unclear. Did I mention how much of a kick I got out of the writing style? Sheep Man is easily my favorite work of yours so far, and probably your best to this point to boot.

goldwyvern

Smash Ace
Yea Im making one. Pick up the pace leaders :p

~~Under My Wing~~
Goldwyvern's Occasional Rare Review Corner

Yea, I was really psyched when you said you would make a moveset for a MM10 robot master without the game even being out. I was pretty certain it'd end up a bit confusing due to the source material being a piece of concept art, a gameplay screen, and a personality description. I was proven wrong though, and Ive yet to read an Agidius set I havent liked.

PRESENTATION:
Very good job, Agi. The entire moveset is just bursting with essence of electricity and such. You also manage to give the coloring a bit of sheepiness as well. You get the idea of lightning coursing through a piece of wool from it.

WRITING STYLE:

I dont know if you purposely made it like this, but I love it. Sheep Man is a teacher, and I do believe that the moveset feels like it is being read by a teacher and a student in his class. Whenever there's a moment where you think you misspelled a word or make up one (blotsworth is now required to be in all electric sets), there's a moment where you take a paragraph to explain the ionization of an atom in detail, and I love it. Amazing job on this front.

PLAYSTYLE:

The playstyle in this guy's moveset is so great it just astounds me. I personally love movesets with chain reactions and such, and this guy has it all. He covers the stage with stragetically placed thunderclouds to buff up his brilliantly creative KO move as well as damage foes. He has all sorts of simple interactions with these clouds in ways that are just amazingly basic in execution, but all work brilliantly into playstyle without tacking on -TOO- much extra effects. He also has to tend on his clouds in a manner of which no other trap or summons character has ever attempted while keeping up energy for move effects and the ability to KO with his KO move. Well done indeed, Agi.

CHARACTERIZATION:
Lolwut he's a Robot Master he has no character lol. Actually, though, with the little you had you hit everything that is Sheep Man on the head from his powers to his job. I want Sheep Man to talk in MM10 so he can sound like this moveset.

BALANCE:

Sheep Man is mostly balanced like all summons/trap characters are in the fact that they cant divert all attention to beating the foe with all their stuff on the screen to tend to. Beyond that, Sheep Man's static mechanic makes him much more balanced than he would be without, as just putting the effects on either side of the spectrum or even in the middle would make him under/overpowered. You did a good job keeping this guy viable but not garbage, something that most characters in this sort of playstyle sometimes falter with.

OVERALL:

Loveitloveitloveit. I love me sum Megaman and you got me sum Megaman. Absolutely brilliantly intertwined moveset that Id love to play as. Keep on making more great sets Agi, but not soon because I dont want to flood my Super-Vote list with your sets​

Kaiser6012

Smash Cadet
Greetings one and all! My name is Kaiser6012 and this marks my first post in MYM! I've been hanging out on the boards for a couple of days and a lurker on the forum for a couple of weeks now. I hope to keep up a reparte with the group here, as well as give some movesets and feedback. Expect to see some old-school video game characters coming in the next few weeks, including
the most awesome ninja ever to destroy a troop carrier with nothing but a pistol and chain and a master of traditional voodoo arts, the Lord of Deadside...

As a bit of a "I scratch your back, you scratch mine", I'll put up some thoughts on Lunge and Sheep man. Nothing too heavy, just my initial thoughts....

First, we have Heinrich Lunge, the man that Fredrich Neichtze foresaw losing himself to the Abyss of evil.
Lunge is an insanely complex character. That isn't a bad thing in and of itself, but the majority of moves have no obvious effect to the new player. Without serious tutelage, the set would probably languish for the inexperienced player.
Also, the "path of the victim", taking on the role of the civilian, seems to me to be a bit underedeveloped. You have moves to help your killer re-enactment (dtilt and down special, most of the throws), but the victim re-enactment comes off as vestigial. Perhaps that was intended, seeing as how Lunge works through the killer rather than the victim most often, but if there's to be a second option then it should have as much leeway as the first.

That being said, I'm a big fan of the set, probably because it's so different and well thought-out. The "become a killer" mechanic works crazy well when you know how it goes (however long that may be) and the feel of the character taking on his opponents to an insane extent is addictive. The set is well written and presents easily to the eye and, best of all, I like it. Awesome work!

Final comment: A great flavoured moveset that's held back a bit by convoluted gameplay. Excellent ideas MW!

Coming soon: Sheep Man!

(Please note: the length of the comments bear no similarity to my feelings - in most cases, my negative reactions will outweigh my positives purely because I'll talk about ways to fix the problem. Always look to the final comment for my opinion!)

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Hi Kaiser. Welcome to MYM! Enjoy your stay. :bee:

That character sounds familiar to me but I can't quite place a name to it...

emergency

Smash Journeyman
Greetings one and all! My name is Kaiser6012 and this marks my first post in MYM! I've been hanging out on the boards for a couple of days and a lurker on the forum for a couple of weeks now. I hope to keep up a reparte with the group here, as well as give some movesets and feedback. Expect to see some old-school video game characters coming in the next few weeks, including
the most awesome ninja ever to destroy a troop carrier with nothing but a pistol and chain and a master of traditional voodoo arts, the Lord of Deadside...

Anyway, soon coming will be reviews of the last two entries: Lunge and Sheep Man. Stay tuned! ;)
Hi Kaiser. Welcome to MYM! Enjoy your stay. :bee:

That character sounds familiar to me but I can't quite place a name to it...
Welcome aboard, we all look forward to seeing this ninja. [Short post could be shorter, but contributional nevertheless.]

I would like to ask permission, if I could take the first post on page 44

Junahu

Smash Ace
I need to be more consistant with this

It's Sunday, so...

MT's 26th Sunday Recap is up for everyone to read
There's also Aedi Polls to vote on (we cough and splutter a lot, but we aren't dead just yet)
Lastly between the 8th and 14th of February, Aedi will be having a Move a Day drive to help kick everyone back into action

Also, permission granted, Emergency. ¬_¬ now I can't wait til Pg44

Also, yay sheepman. I should probably get around to commenting that soonish.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
While confusing, once I began to understand the mechanic, I discovered a pretty good set.

(Lame comment disguised as means to re-subscribe to thread [This is Shino, now with shorter name])

Agi

Smash Lord
Sheep Man
Sheep Man was a good read. Although the mechanic did confuse me a little. The whole buildup of clouds and everything seemed to be a little slow. Maybe that's because I did get a little lost in the set, it does look fantastic. Sheep Man is almost 100% dependent on his clouds, however. I can imagine Sakurai forcing an event match that forces SheepMan to win without them. In the end though, everything came together beautifully. You did a great job with the character, still not knowing what the game holds. Finally, the set was funny. Like 'Ha ha' funny. I still haven't read a lot of your sets(I'm ashamed as well), so maybe that was a thing that you usually do. Also, you forgot to name your Final Smash.
Per response to your earlier "reserved review", I actually had one of those before. On Airman, I believe it was. Unlike PPL, however, you actually edited in your comment, so props for that.

Is he really 100% dependent? I tried to give him alternate methods to do about everything his clouds could do, but... eh. Still, I think that he'd be able to hold his own without his clouds... at least, significantly better than Olimar could sans his Pikmin. Also, good to hear that my new writing style is working so well. Yeah, it's a bit of a departure from how I normally handle sets, but I had fun doing it, and that's what really matters, right? Final Smash has now been named. It is called Roger.

[size=+3]Sheep Man[/size]
I do agree with Koopakirby about getting lost, but that shouldn't detract from the set in any way. It just makes it harder for me to think of any comments to say.

I don't have any nitpicks at all in mind. The set had some fun reader interaction thanks to you, and the playstyle reminds me of The Great Mighty Poo, but with clouds that trap and camp at the same time but don't kill. What I can interpret from the read is a job well done.

My commenting is becoming worse, ohno. Complicated sets are impossible to pick apart.
When someone says that they're getting lost, I'd really like to know how. I can't improve it if you don't tell me what the problem is. :(

Sheep Man:
Is this the first set we've made for a character who wasn't in a game yet? Besides the abomination known as Roy, of course. Sheep Man's clouds are his equivilent to Stanley's mist, and I like how you explicitly state that he doesn't require a lot of time to set up. Having chain reactions with the clouds and lightning is ingenius, and the pictures only help to clarify their trajectories. Keeping his enemies close to him with static is another interesting concept, but they are able to flee, aren't they? A few parts of the set took a while for me to decipher, but there's nothing blatantly unclear. Did I mention how much of a kick I got out of the writing style? Sheep Man is easily my favorite work of yours so far, and probably your best to this point to boot.
I'll just touch on one main thing, here. Yeah, they can flee. You can always flee. You can flee from any attack, but how many attacks actually pull you towards them? Sorry if I'm coming across like a jerk, but it's not like you can only use this move when they're all the way across the stage from you.

Yea, I was really psyched when you said you would make a moveset for a MM10 robot master without the game even being out. I was pretty certain it'd end up a bit confusing due to the source material being a piece of concept art, a gameplay screen, and a personality description. I was proven wrong though, and Ive yet to read an Agidius set I havent liked.

*rest of comment*
Glad to see it was such a hit, GW. I would've appreciated to see some actual criticism in there, because a set can always be improved.

While confusing, once I began to understand the mechanic, I discovered a pretty good set.

(Lame comment disguised as means to re-subscribe to thread [This is Shino, now with shorter name])
Gaah three people who say it's confusing but don't say why.

Also, you can subscribe to the thread without posting. It's in Thread Tools, towards the top of the first post on a new page.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Ah, Sheep Man... I think sheep are really cool, but I don't really play Megaman at all (sry)... though I guess that isn't a requirement to enjoy the set. Which I certainly do - I don't think it's completely godly like GW does, but I definitely think it's on the level of Shikamaru if not above it.

The main attraction to the set is the Thunder Clouds, no questions asked. I'll admit that them being blatant traps somewhat soured the set as I started it, but the way they take barely any time to set up and they also have the function of building up Sheep Man's static makes it much more bearable. The chain reactions are also fairly well executed, and I really do love the static mechanic. I've never really liked ammo mechanics, but how Sheep Man has to build it up by getting hit by his own thunderbolts gives him an incentive to actually fight instead of just stalling forever. The playstyle in general really does come together very well and in an interesting way, so you get an eager (y) on the single most important part about a set.

Your writing style is decent but made better by your voice - Sheep Man really does BLEED voice, and it feels like you're actually telling us the moveset as opposed to just recording it. That said, I think your writing style can be improved a little bit. You outright admit that Sheep Man's Dash Attack and Forward Throw aren't interesting and don't add much - which is hardly a bad thing in moderation, but you don't want to admit it - and you don't really tell us the animation for Down Tilt. The set feels somewhat rushed in places too and not just because you admit it in Dash Attack and Forward Throw. The Final Smash is a mechanic booster
though you get +1 respect from me for Roger, Airplane is too pro (h)
, you don't elaborate on the interactions in Back Aerial and the Down Aerial doesn't offer any respite for being such an easy stall - seriously, the same comment on how stalling is banned could be an excuse for any instance of stalling, and it hasn't stopped anyone from criticizing its appearences.

Sheep Man's already a good set, but it just feels a little rushed in places. This could probably be a lot better with a little more polish. Still, it's a plenty good set and a fun read, so in the end, good job agi. :3

Katapultar

Smash Lord
When someone says that they're getting lost, I'd really like to know how. I can't improve it if you don't tell me what the problem is.
Didn't really specify cause I can't put my finger on it. Sorry about that. I didn't actually see it as being a fault of yours. In fact, I've come to think: as great as your writing interaction is, stating things that are kind of relevant at the start of the attack tends to get me off-track. This wouldn't usually be a bad thing but I believe it doesn't blend in well with your complicated set.

Constructive criticisim.

darth meanie

Smash Journeyman
Abomasnow Remake

Abomasnow is a Pokemon native to the Sinnoh region, that has the special ability Snow Warning, bringing hail with it wherever it goes. Abomasnow combines the strength of a tree with the fury of the elements, and weathers the opponent down with snow and sleet.

You see, while Abomasnow is strong, he's not a particularly fast brawler. So he brings snow down and fights the opponent with the weather, and fortifies himself inside the snow he summons.

Stats

Size 9
Weight 9
Power 7
Attack Speed 3
Movement Speed 2
Air Speed 1

Abomasnow has the typical stats of a heavyweight, but is even slower than the average big hitter. Abomasnow is pracitcally defenseless in the air with his slow attacks, fast fallspeed, and poor mobility. Fortunately, enemies will have a very hard type beating him out of the ground.

Specials

Neutral Special: Snowstorm

Abomasnow tenses up as his fur stands on end, and a torrent of snow swirls around him. An area slightly bigger than Gardevoir's Barrier is filled with snow and wind; snow piles up as he holds the attack out. The snow reaches its maximum height at about two third's of a stagebuilder block tall in about two seconds, and spreads across the entire field as the attack is sustained.

Snow melts at a fifth of the rate Abomasnow can generate it. While its on the field, it has several effects. First, it slows down opponents walking on the ground. If the snow is at least as high as an Assist Trophy, opponents can only walk through it, and at the highest amount of snow, they can only walk at half their regular speed. On the flip side, Abomasnow is normally the slowest walker in the game, but with snow on the field, he can glide along at about Mario's dash speed when he runs, but with significantly lower traction, slightly worse than even Luigi's.

Snow also has the important attribute of dampening knockback. The higher the snow is, the less knockback grounded enemies take from attacks. The more snow there is, the less knockback characters take, and at maximum height, attacks in the snow deal only half their usual knockback.

While Snowstorm has very little ending lag, it has a bit of starting lag, and leaves Abomasnow very open to punishment while he sustains it.

Down Special: Ingrain

In order to protect himself, Abomasnow can embed himself into the stage through his roots. Abomasnow quickly grounds himself into the stage, and recovers 1% of damage a second. Abomasnow also has Super Armor and Anti-Grab Armor while Ingrained, and won't take any knockback from any attack that does less than 10% damage.

At the same time though, Abomasnow cannot move, and suffers about half a second of lag when he exits Ingrain by using his Down Special again. If Abomasnow is hit by an attack that knocks him out of Ingrain instead, he takes very little knockback, but massive hitstun, completely vulnerable to another attack.

Ingrain offers Abomasnow several advantages. With Super Armor, Abomasnow can start up his Snowstorm without being interrupted easily. The regeneration in combination with his snow's reduced knockback also makes him incredibly difficult to kill as well. Properly used, Ingrain brings Abomasnow's game together, and let's him create a veritable defensive fortress.

Up Special: Snow Flue

Abomasnow raises his arms in the air and a whirlpool of snow whisks around Abomasnow's feet, shuffling him around as it carries him through the air. It doesn't carry him far at all though, he basically just stalls in the air with this, but the whirlpool does do a nice 4% damage per hit and draws the opponent in like Meta Knight's Mach Tornado, albeit with only two or three hits and a lot more lag on both ends, as well as a smaller hitbox.

The move can actually serve as a strong recovery though. If there is snow on the field, the snow will flow along the ground offstage and catch Abomasnow, who will then surf up the snow, but whatever snow he uses to recover will fall off of the stage, meaning that Abomasnow must sacrifice his snow in order to recover.

When on the ground, Abomasnow raises his hands, and all of the snow on the stage travels at about Captain Falcon's dash speed in the direction Abomasnow faces. It has a push effect that works the same as Mario's F.L.U.D.D. and is stronger the higher the snow is piled, pushing about 1.5x F.L.U.D.D. strength at full height. It usually can't gimp opponents on the ground, but it can be useful for forcing opponents back suddenly, shifting your snow around, or gimping offstage opponents as the snow flows over the edge.

Side Special: Icy Wind

Abomasnow folds his arms, and a strong wind blows from behind him forward, pushing enemies in front of him back, both enemies on the ground and in the air. The wind only has a range of about a battlefield platform and a half, but pushes opponents to the edge quickly. Opponents caught by the wind are also buffeted by snowflakes, crystals about the size of Poke Balls that deal 3% damage and mild hitstun on contact.

Abomasnow has average start-up lag and a good bit of end lag from this move, but it can effectively end an approach used properly, or knock away an enemy attacking him while he's ingrained.

Standards

Jab: Snowball Fight

Abomasnow creates a snowball in his hand and tosses it at the opponent every time you press A. The snowballs follow the same trajectory as Link's uncharged arrow and deal 3% damage on a hit, with a fair bit of hitstun. The move is fairly laggy used on regular ground, but in snow, Abomasnow can produce Snowballs much more quickly, instead scooping the ball straight from the ground, without reducing the pile of snow.

If you hold down the A button though, Abomasnow will create three snowballs every two seconds, stockpiling them next to him for a stack of up to ten. If Abomasnow is next to a pile of snowballs, rapidly tapping A will cause him to lob them very quickly, one after another. With their hitstun, Abomasnow can trap an opponent in the arc of snowballs and push them away from him while racking up damage.

Dash Attack: Avalanche

Abomasnow crashes forward, running ever so slightly faster, thrashing about. Abomasnow does 8% damage and decent knockback on a hit, but has terrible lag on both sides. If Abomasnow is sliding along snow though, he glides forward slightly and collapses on top of the opponent, bring the snow with him. It remains laggy, but if Abomasnow hits, he snowfalls the opponent.

A snowfall is similar to a pitfall, but in snow. The time the opponent is stuck is relative to the thickness of the snow. The snow has to be at at least half thickness to successfully trap an opponent, but Abomasnow moves two thirds of the snow he glides over during his dash attack onto the opponent, making it easier to pull off. Abomasnow still suffers a lot of lag when he uses this variation of the attack though, and leaves Abomasnow lying prone, making it a very risky move if you can't snowfall the opponent.

Prone Attack: Snow Surfing

Abomasnow glides forward on his belly, traveling along the snow just like when he uses his Up Special. If he hits an enemy while gliding along, he deals 8% damage and moderate knockback. If a snowfalled enemy is dragged along, either by this or by Up Special, they are stuck in the snow until they escape or are knocked off the ledge, making it significantly easier to attempt a gimp against these opponents.

Tilts

Down Tilt: Nature Power

Abomasnow sends a surge of energy into the ground, and the ground pulses slightly. It has a mediocre range normally, but when Abomasnow is ingrained, the range increases to about a battlefield platform to both sides of Abomasnow. The pulse deals 6% damage and light hitstun on regular terrain, and 9% damage with a good deal of hitstun against enemies in the snow, splashing snow up and increasing the move's veritcal range.

The real key to this attack is what it does against snowfalled enemies; the attack deals 9% damage still, but with vertical knockback that KOs around 130%, which is very good in heavy snow. The attack is very laggy on both ends though, requiring about three fifths of a second to perform in its entirity.

Up Tilt: Powder Snow

Raising his left arm above his head, Abomasnow fires snow from his outstreched hand as long as the input is held, dealing multiple, but slow, hits of 8% each and very light knockback up. This attack takes a surprisingly long two fifths of a second to perform though.

If an opponent is hit by the blast of snow though, they are completely covered by the snow and drop to the ground. The snowballed opponent can only roll around slightly slower than Mario's run speed, and button mash to escape at grab difficulty. If Abomasnow attacks the snowball, the opponent takes no damage, but is rolled away instead at a speed of about half of the knockback the opponent would take.

The opponent can attempt to DI in the opposite direction and button mash out, but the thicker the snow is, the bigger the snowball becomes as it rolls along. Making matters worse, Abomasnow can use his Up Special to push an enemy stuck in a snowball away.

Forward Tilt: Ice Punch

Abomasnow fills up his right fist with freezing cold energy, slamming it forward. His arm has decent range, and he hits for 11% damage, with knockback that KOs around 135%, when the opponent isn't in snow. It has relatively little starting lag, but has punishable end lag.

If Abomasnow punches a frozen opponent though, it instead deals 16% damage and significantly more hitstun, although with Abomasnow's lag, its not enough to really capitalize on. It also KOs at 95% against frozen enemies, although snow's knockback reducing effect remains in place. Considering how much Abomasnow loves to cover the field with snow, you won't be hitting frozen enemies outside of snow very often.

Smashes

Down Smash: Frenzy Plant

Sinking slightly into the ground, Abomasnow's roots shoot out of the ground in front of him, and then turn in midair, impaling foes ahead of him. Getting hit by the wood at either point deals 24-36% damage and knockback that KOs from 120-85%. The attack has relatively short start-up for its damage and knockback, but has absolutely horrific end lag, leaving Abomasnow open for about three fifths of a second after the attack, plus its length duration and lingering hitboxes.

If Abomasnow is ingrained, this becomes a dangerous poking attack. While charging it, you can push on the control stick to move his roots underground so they attack the opponent from a distance. This is especially threatening if you haven't spread your snow across the entire stage, and can hit an opponent with this attack while they'll take more knockback. It's also certainly good at forcing approaches, although with that horrific end lag, that'll be more often bad than good.

Forward Smash: Blizzard

Abomasnow breathes in deep, then releases a blast of frost and wind forward, stretching a little over half the length of Final Destination. The gale has a weak push effect and deals 15-27% damage in multiple hits. More importantly, it freezes the opponent for half a second every time, but with its push effect, end lag, and Abomasnow's movement speed, he'll be hard pressed to really get a chance to abuse it out of the rare Ice Punch.

Blizzard can also push opponents stuck in a snowball faster, and adds about half a second to the amount of time the opponent has to button mash out of the snowball, making it and Snow Flue the two moves that Abomasnow can use to affect a snowballed opponent from a distance.

The animation is somewhat similar to Abomasnow's Down Smash, but most people will be able to tell the difference, unless Abomasnow is waist deep or deeper in snow. If the opponent expects a Down Smash and tries to approach, they're in for a nasty surprise. It's a fairly laggy attack on both ends, about a third of a second start up and end lag.

Up Smash: Wood Hammer

Holding his right arm up high, Abomasnow slams it over his head and down towards the ground in an overwhelming straight arm punch. While laggy, it deals 21-33% damage, and KOs from 115-75%. Aerial enemies are KOd as they attempt to avoid approaching through the snow. Enemies in the snow on the other hand will be snowfalled if the snow is deep enough. Unfortunately, it has nearly as much lag as Ike's Forward Smash.

Aerials

Neutral Aerial: Snow Puff

Abomasnow explodes in a ball of snow around him, pushing nearby enemies away and dealing 5% damage with mild hitstun. If it misses, the snow around him drops below him, and coalesces into a large snowball. If this snowball drops onto the enemy, it deals 8% damage and footstools them. If it hits the ground, it also creates a stagebuilder block sized slop of snow. Not a lot of starting lag, but a regretful amount of ending lag.

Forward Aerial: Belly Slide

Abomasnow leans forward in midair and falls slightly faster, but DIs forward at about Falco's air speed. Abomasnow is a hitbox that deals about 8% damage and mild downwards knockback on contact. If Abomasnow hits the ground while leaning forward, he lands prone, and also snowfalls any opponents beneath him. The attack has a lot of lag, for starting, ending, and landing though, making it somewhat risky, but it's easier to hit with than Abomasnow's Dash Attack and Wood Hammer.

Down Aerial: Stomp

A variant of the usual stall and fall, Abomasnow immediately stops in midair and quickly kicks out beneath him, his feet dealing 7% damage with a mild spike effect. If the opponent hits a pile of snow, they are snowfalled. Abomasnow then drops straight down, dealing another brutal stomp for 10% damage, hitting snowfalled opponents and knocking them back into the air.

Abomasnow can aim to hit the opponent with the initial kick, or try to hit the opponent with the second only. The second hit still snowfalls opponents if they aren't snowfalled already, making it a potential set up for another attack.

Up Aerial: Hail

Abomasnow exhales a cloud into the air that floats above him. Contact with the cloud deals 4% damage, mild hitstun, and destroys the cloud. Abomasnow can have up to three of these clouds out at once.

Three seconds after the cloud is created, it turns dark and begins to pour hail beneath it. The hail deals 1% a second to all enemies in a stagebuilder block of space for ten seconds before disappearing. Multiple clouds do not stack damage.

If Abomasnow uses his Side Special, the clouds are blown in the direction he faces, hopefully pushing them towards the opponent. They aren't dangerous on their own, but they'll frustrate any campers and can do a good job of helping you zone opponents where you want them to be.

Back Aerial: Leech Seed

The green buds on Abomasnow's back extend slightly, the tips dealing a negligable 2% damage. When it hits though, the opponent has a sprout sticking out of their head, and takes 1% damage every two seconds for ten seconds, while Abomasnow recovers the same amount. It's hard to hit with, when Abomasnow so doesn't want to get into the air, but it can be a useful boost to his health recovery. While the opponent is under the effects of Leech Seed the attack’s range increases though, covering an area behind him the size of Mario. A player looking to eek every damage percentage out of the foe can keep hitting the opponent with Leech Seed, resetting the timer before it wears off and making it even harder to kill him.

Throws

Pummel: Giga Drain

Abomasnow has an impressive grab range, about the range of King Dedede's, but slower. To pummel an opponent, he draws the opponents energy out, dealing 1% and recovering 1% himself, but very slowly. Fortunately, if the snow is deep, the opponent has a hard time escaping his grab, almost twice as difficult at the maximum snow height!

Forward Throw: Snowball Roll

Abomasnow exhales on the opponent, covering them with snow, and rolls them away at about Charizard's run speed. A relatively easy way to get an attempted gimp started.

Back Throw: Reverse Snowball

Abomasnow rolls the opponent behind him. Otherwise exactly the same as Snowball Roll. Good for gimping opponents in the other direction.

Down Throw: Headbutt

Abomasnow holds the opponent down and knocks them down with his head. It deals 11% damage and leaves the enemy prone, or snowfalled if the snow is deep enough, but just out of range of his grab, and inside the range of Nature Power. No, you cannot grab snowfalled enemies.

Up Throw: Frost Wave

Abomasnow tosses the opponent up in front of him lightly, then breaths icy cold breath on them, dealing 4% damage and instantly freezing them. Perfectly set up for an Ice Punch.

Final Smash

Final Smash: Sheer Cold

Abomasnow instantly freezes every opponent, no matter where they are. The opponent cannot button mash out and is stuck for five seconds. If an enemy is already frozen when Abomasnow uses this attack, they are KO'd instantly, no matter what.

Playstyle

Abomasnow is one tough opponent to beat. The combination of Ingrain and Snow creates a defensive barrier that’s almost impossible to break. Therefore, Ingraining yourself and starting Snowstorm is usually going to be your first priority. Even if the opponent uses the time to try to build damage on you, getting snow on the ground will be more beneficial in the long run than trying to avoid damage. If they use a projectile, it probably won’t interrupt you, and if they get close enough to do a bigger attack, try to anticipate it and shield or hit them first. Make sure that you don’t let your back to your opponent though, while you’re Ingrained there’s very little besides your Down Tilt that’ll hit them.

If your opponent is a projectile character, you want to try to force the opponent to approach. Your melee combat may be slow, but its where you want to be to put the hurt on the opponent. Frenzy Plant is hard to hit with, even inrained, and while Hail and Snowball Fight can build up damage at a decent pace, they can’t lock opponents down very well. Fortunately, with Ingrain keeping you safe, most opponents don’t have the firepower to knock you away from a distance and will have to close in. The opponent has two choices: they can go along the ground, and suffer through the slowing effects of your snow, or by air, where they’re much easier to KO with Wood Hammer. You, as well, have two ways to react: you can stall them with Snowball Fight, Icy Wind, Blizzard, or even Snow Flue, and push them back, or you can play more aggressively.

Abomasnow wants to stick the opponent in place to land a big move. Grab them and Freeze them with Frost Wave, then hit them with Ice Punch, Snowfall them with Wood Hammer and blast them up with Nature Power, or Snowball them with Powder Snow and Ice Punch them away. Getting the opponent stuck in this way is also key to his gimping; with snow on the field standard KOs will be difficult outside of the rare attack against an opponent out of your snow. You’ll be relying on these moves to set up a finish with your Snow Flue; while it can’t gimp on its own, keeping the enemy from escaping for a few precious seconds will make it a lethal option even at low percentages, if at the sacrifice of losing most of the snow you’ve built up.

Abomasnow’s aerial game is going to be most prominent before the 100% mark, when he doesn’t need his snow to protect him. Characters like Falco may just insist on standing still and tapping B until you hit 400%, so build damage back with Hail, or approach with Belly Slide and try to get an early Snowfall in. Even though it probably won’t work, it shakes opponents up. Even at percentages around 80% or so, Abomasnow’s air game remains relevant. His Stomp and Belly Slide are two reliable options for getting an opponent snowfalled, and Leech Seed increases Abomasnow’s staying power if you can land it consistently. Once you’re in traditional KO percentages though, Abomasnow is going to want to bunker up. Ingrain to keep your HP as low as you can, and cover yourself in as much snow as possible. Surviving to see 300% is possible if you focus on staying alive.

Of course, while Abomasnow may be nigh unkillable in theory, a single mistake can cost you a stock. Don’t neglect the fact that the object of the game is to KO the opponent, not to avoid getting KO’d yourself. When you’re at a high percentage, force the opponent into your killzone. If you have a lot of snow on the field, grabbing the opponent and snowfalling them with Headbutt is your safest bet. If you don’t feel like you can rely on a snowfall for some reason, try to catch them in a snowball with Powder Snow or one of your throws. Punch them and blow them away with Snow Flue. If you’re really short on snow, Ice Punch and Wood Hammer remain solid KO options.

If Abomasnow managed to get the first kill, he has a few options. If you don’t have much snow on the field left, you don’t have a lot of options; if you lock yourself down, the opponent will completely ruin your day during those precious moments of invulnerability. Building snow back up isn’t a bad idea, but if you Ingrain you may as well put a target sign on your chest. If you managed to preserve a considerable amount of snow, quite a feat, Abomasnow can try to suicide KO. Snowfall the opponent with Avalanche or Belly Slide, and use his prone attack to Snow Surf over the edge with the opponent, hopefully dragging them to their deaths with you.

Katapultar

Smash Lord
Repeating the comment on 15th post I made last page to agi, the reason why I kind of got lost hit me now: while you're writing is very interactive, it has a tendancy to side-track readers in conjunction with the unsimple attack effect that's to come next. It scatters the readers attention span. Perhaps if you got to the point in some of the important effects, it would get better, as you could maybe save your interaction after the attack. You may have TOO MUCH interaction otherwise. I make my point about this through your constant statements (some are a bit random, such as Pikachu's dash attack) which are used in almost every attack.

This doesn't detract to my thoughts of my set. Just constructive criticisim. No sarcasm employed, but commenting on a comment was educational for me, so thanks.

[size=+3]Abomasnow Remake [/size]
join the remake club!
You scary when you post a set! The first thing I would think would be that you're trying to improve on a once thought out idea for a character you like. I can relate to that. Yes I can. And you've gone back to old-style presentation due to Rider, no? You may have misinterpreted me when I commented on Rider. I wasn't being sarcastic about the whole female character business. I don't have anything against it. Just telling you, don't want the wrong message being spread around, that's all.

nitpick(S): what do you mean about Wood Hammer 'KOing aerial foes?' You don't mean OHKO literally do you?

Im not quite sure if Abomasmow came together that well. I just don't. Uh, F-Smash only way to freeze foe, then land Ice Punch, yet you obviously have better things to do like Wood Hammer (helluva lot a damage, love your mega moves) if you have the time. Wait, time out. Half a second freezing? It would be impossible for Abomasnow to even land a blow with Ice Punch, judging by the lag, the attack's pushback and it's projectile properties, such and such. I'd also imagine that you could camp using Ingrain, possibly F-Smash by standing still consequently. Finally, I don't really see the Neutral Special's knockback weakening effect doing a lot. It'll make Abomasnow tank with the foe and so, but gimping is a nice way to bring it all together.

In my mind, the set was probably average for you (presentation even shows this, but you were probably trying to relate to your old Abomasnow set). It's alright, but doesn't totally work together due to some effects contradicting and cancelling each other out.

Good try though. Abomasnow not scary.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
@Agdius

My problem with the mechanic was whether or not the "onlythree clouds" rule applies to all clouds or just the neutral, and whether you could stack up baby clouds and regular clouds.

And my other problem may be a fault with my ability to read but can Sheepman's electricity count towards the cloud's charges?

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
I was going to do a review of Sheep Man, but GW beat me too it.

Abomasnow: It's pretty god
Just kidding. I'll give you both a srs comment later, I can't at the moment.

One final thing...

Lunge vs. Lunge: 0/0

If two Lunges fight each other, then two civilians spawn. Civillians have no attacks, thus the foe's civillian cannot be killed, resulting in both Lunges losing a stock at the same time after the 4.5 seconds are up. This repeats until sudden death. Even in Sudden Death, this happens. A paradox ensues, and the Wii bricks. Fun is had for all.

darth meanie

Smash Journeyman
[size=+3]Abomasnow Remake [/size]
join the remake club!
You scary when you post a set! The first thing I would think would be that you're trying to improve on a once thought out idea for a character you like. I can relate to that. Yes I can. And you've gone back to old-style presentation due to Rider, no? You may have misinterpreted me when I commented on Rider. I wasn't being sarcastic about the whole female character business. I don't have anything against it. Just telling you, don't want the wrong message being spread around, that's all.
I was being sarcastic. I found it funny that all of my characters so far had been anime females. And I never intended for Rider's presentation to become my standard, she was an experiment on my part.

nitpick(S): what do you mean about Wood Hammer 'KOing aerial foes?' You don't mean OHKO literally do you?
I simply meant that with the snow's dampening effect on knockback, Wood Hammer's high knockback would be more effective on opponents in the air, not opponents on the ground.

Im not quite sure if Abomasmow came together that well. I just don't. Uh, F-Smash only way to freeze foe, then land Ice Punch, yet you obviously have better things to do like Wood Hammer (helluva lot a damage, love your mega moves) if you have the time. Wait, time out. Half a second freezing? It would be impossible for Abomasnow to even land a blow with Ice Punch, judging by the lag, the attack's pushback and it's projectile properties, such and such. I'd also imagine that you could camp using Ingrain, possibly F-Smash by standing still consequently. Finally, I don't really see the Neutral Special's knockback weakening effect doing a lot. It'll make Abomasnow tank with the foe and so, but gimping is a nice way to bring it all together.
Well, he also can freeze opponents with his Uthrow, which puts them in perfect range of his Ftilt. Even then, he uses Ice Punch for more than just the extra knockback on frozen enemies, it's little more than a bonus. Besides, Abomasnow will usually be surrounded by snow, so he'll only get a chance to kill a frozen opponent if they're a good distance away, like with Blizzard. It's certainly not a reliable connection, but it's there and potentially useful. And he slows opponents down with snow, so Wood Hammer is a lot easier to get off. And yes, he's supposed to be able to camp to a certain extent with Blizzard; he forces approaches so he can disable opponents with his closer up moves.

And finally, the snow has a lot of effect on the battle. It cuts knockback by up to half. First, this makes aerial KO moves much more powerful, but also greatly encourages staying on the ground to make it easier to survive. Factored in with Abomasnow's Ingrain, it creates a powerful defensive combo and way to control the opponent. It's a key part of his playstyle.

In my mind, the set was probably average for you (presentation even shows this, but you were probably trying to relate to your old Abomasnow set). It's alright, but doesn't totally work together due to some effects contradicting and cancelling each other out.

Good try though. Abomasnow not scary.
Again, I don't see anything in Abomasnow contradicting himself or canceling out. His playstyle is incredibly straightforward and doesn't have any moves that don't accomplish his goals in some way.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
PRETTY GOD

Using Abomasnow’s snow as nothing but essentially an ammo bank that happens to be on the stage instead of an invisible number obviously wouldn’t of been that interesting, but you make use of it in innovative ways. It significantly complements his survival skills, but it’s surprisingly balanced by not allowing him to get the KO at the same time. There’s also the whole movement speed thing, and I’m also a big fan of how deep snow can obscure the start-up animation on fsmash/dsmash and how it makes his grab harder to escape. The snowfall thing isn’t that particularly innovative – a heavyweight with stunners so he can land his laggy KO moves, but there’s more to it then that, what with the gimping and the snow forcing foes to approach at an angle to actually be hit by usmash.

Negatives? . . .There really aren’t that many negatives. The most you can really argue are a few moves which seem to essentially do the same thing (Fthrow/Bthrow, dash/fair) and the occasional move that doesn’t seem to be particularly relevant to anything. While reading through one rather rolls their eyes at things like ftilt and usmash, but in the end after reading the playstyle all that’s really left to complain about is the occasional nair.

My second favorite of yours at least. Excellent set. I do wish Abomasnow did a bit more to differentiate himself, though there’s little else that can be done with the character and he does what he does very well. No – not just Fat Bastard esque flow – he very much puts a significant spin on the genres he’s borrowing from to make sure he doesn’t fall into any category.

SHEEP MAN

The main thing I think people are getting “lost” with is when you go off on those scientific lectures and nerd out. The most obvious example is bthrow, the last move in the set, hence why it sticks out in people’s minds so much. I’m not even going to pretend I have any idea what that move is supposed to do. The other quirk with your writing style is when you go on about how bad a move is. Yes, you shouldn’t try to dress moves like that up, but do you really want to put glowing red arrows that are alerting people that it’s bad? Aside from that, I’m a fan of the conversational writing style and I understood Sheep Man significantly better then most of your sets.

Sheep Man fuses traps and an ammo bank mechanic. The actual ammo bank mechanic is fairly elementary in how he uses it, but how he acquires it is quite interesting what with getting zapped by his own clouds. The actual set-up process is also pretty unique in that it doesn’t require much effort on his part, but it’s not a mindless automatic Warlodian Dingodile Down B. Setting-up is generally the most negative cliché of traps, and you seem to of gotten around it quite well, especially combined with how he obtains his ammo.

Once you’re set-up, the fun is far from over. You’ve got a lot of fun stuff to play around with, bair, dair, down special, utilt on top of a cloud, dtilt in combination with Down Special, all the potential (Probably overpowered, but bah) ways to recover. . .And despite all this his playstlye manages to have a very consistent flow with using his clouds for damage and his main use for static being to KO with Down Special. Warlord approves. (Y)

emergency

Smash Journeyman

And it's time for the news!
February 1st, 2010

In today's news of the Dial of Urgency, I have completed my Yukari set and will now be able to return to reviewing the previous sets that have been posted rather recently. Those include the "Big Five" that I've started in the meantime. Those sets are: Rider, Sableye, Lunge, Sheep Man, and Abomasnow. The reviews for all of these sets should be up by the end of the week. I shall post again with a small button for the completed reviews.​
A Word from ... Agidius!
After posting up his new set of Sheep Man, which was electrically a wonderful set, the author of the static sheep Agi, has announced that he will be able to post sets weekly! That being said, his current theme revolves around the Megaman 10 Robot Masters! The next set is still under debate, but the votes on the polls from theMarthTrinity Sunday Recap (Starring Ocon) has shown that the public clearly wants to see BALLSMAN be created. We have yet to hear from Agi and his decision. We'll see what he does during the week.​
Newcomers and Admin!
As of the past week, we've had one newcomer join the adventure in the Make Your Move community, please welcome Kaiser! Make him feel quite at home as he has already "noted" how to do the MYM tradition of the (goo) chain! (clap). Also, Zook an administrator here on the Smashboard Forum decided to create a set for the ever so potentialee of Salbeye! It was well presented and Zook received some positive and friendly criticism from the public. As always, we welcome anybody who has a desire and creative mind to come and join the fray! As long as you aren't a very bad troll that is...

Well, that concludes the daily news from the Dial!
Emergency, off!

emergency

Smash Journeyman
Bad set.

۩ »Yukari , Yakumo « -[八雲 紫]-
Written Moveset By Emergency

╔══════════════════════════════════════╗
Who is Yukari?
╚══════════════════════════════════════╝​

Yukari is an elder yōkai who dwells on the border of Gensokyo, and may predate the existence of the realm itself. She is the self-appointed stewardess of the seal between Gensokyo and the outside world, but doesn't do a particularly good job of it. Most of the time, she is asleep, leaving all the work to her shikigami Ran and Ran's shikigami Chen. When she isn't, she tends to amuse herself by pulling in unprepared humans from the outside world and stranding them in Gensokyo. A very irresponsible yōkai. Her calculation and mathematical skills are highly admired for such a being that sleeps. Her ability is the manipulation of boundaries, and this is in terms of the physical and metaphorical. Often, though, she just summons her shikigami and various others to "help" her.

Yukari Specialized Jukebox
╚══════════════════════════════════════╝
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XX3_torQWKo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3xMfbu6MzU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=195XntreoMc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNIPHL0Qy3Y
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4G5g2rzRhnw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59HqLaHEhJI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hN9MoFW-JCc

Emergency's Touhou Mechanics

Note: Please keep in mind that the following mechanics are not exclusive to Ms. Yakumo. These mechanics shall be reused in other Touhou sets that are created by me. Thank you for acknowledging this note.

Graze

This is the common term used in Danmaku or "Curtain of Bullets / Bullet Hell" games. The term refers to having a projectile literally touching your shooter character, but does not kill them. In the Touhou fighter spin-offs, you could Graze Dash, which would allow you to "dash" through any projectiles to approach a character or get out of a projectile trap.

Transferring this tactic into Brawl, the airdodge feature will automatically be replaced by the grazing option. Your airdodge will no longer be existent, so you will be unable to step out of the fray to dodge an attack or projectile. In exchange, you will be able to graze (dash), which will allow you move your character through any type of projectile.

To do so, simply click the L or R button to execute your "what-would-be" normal airdodge, tapping the Control Stick in the desired direction. Presto, your character will dash in the the pointed direction. The dash is much like Melee's Angled Airdodge, where you are able to push toward the direction you airdodged. You can graze dash, up to two times before dropping down.

Upon execution, your character will "dash" one Mario height distance in any desired direction. Speed lines will appear around your character, to indicate that you are grazing. Since you lost your ability to airdodge, you will need to space extra carefully so you will be able to get out of situations, that are airdodge required. But with the new ability to go through projectiles, you will have a much easier time approaching campers, or approaching in general. Your grazing time is extended if you are dashing through a long projectile, like Falco's laser.

Spell Cards

With each character from the Touhou series, comes special attacks, called Spell Cards. Each spell card is uniquely different, because it's based on the ability each person wields. These cards allow the person whom holds it, to use a above standard attack, that does more than the average assault.

Each character shall receive three cards, to use them you must fufill a certain condition within battle. These attacks grant small amounts of Super Armor within startup. Beware that attacks by spell cards are ridiculously powerful.

Style Swapping

Also brought over from Touhou, in the beginning of starting your quest where you select your character and arsenal, you are able to select a certain style to fit your needs. In these movesets, different styles (A and B) can be selected to give you much more variety in make or break situations.

In Brawl, when you are selecting your character (keep in mind this is Touhou, exclusively), two small boxes shall be seen on the top right-hand corner of your selection screen, one of them being labeled with the letter "A" and the other "B". These are the two styles, that you may choose from.

Ally Swapping

In Touhou, picking a style and a character weren't the only things you could choose. In certain games like Touhou 7; Perfect Cherry Blossom, instead of picking just a solo shooter, you could have an ally to switch with to cover more ranges or acquire a handy spell card.

In Brawl, you may select up to two Touhou characters, and match them together as allies. When selecting a Touhou character, your selection token will slice perfectly in half. Which will allow you to take the other half and place it on another.

In battle, being able to switch with your ally could be a very useful tactic. To do so, simply click down on the Directional Pad. Your characters will pause slightly as they switch places.

The switching mechanic is a tad different then others. When either character receives damage while they are in battle, they will retain that damage even if they switch out, damage accumulates until one of them is KO'd. After being knocked out, the other who was not killed will still preserve their damage. The one who did get KO'd though, will refresh from any damage.

Statisticals

Idle Stance - [Instant]
Yukari stands blankly staring ahead, mind wandering.
Idle Stance - [3 Second]
She closes her eyes for a moment, taking a breath.
Idle Stance - [3 Second Alternative]
She swings her umbrella around her arm several times, and then catches it.
Idle Stance - [10 seconds]
Yukari will set her accessories down and lie down, preparing to sleep.

Walk
She gently take the causal easy walk in her desired direction.
Run
She pushes off the ground, putting her into a horizontal position as she glides forward, with a grin on her face.
Turn-a-round
Yukari slams one of her heels into the ground as she spins on one foot, switching directions at the same time.
Traction
Yukari doesn't struggle to much, trying to get where she wants.

Crouch - Yes
Yukari quickly bends her knees, as her dress disperses on the ground.
Crawl - No
Why crawl, when you can warp dimensions?

Roll
She creates a rift and steps through the portal, appearing on the elsewhere.
Spot Dodge
She will rift herself out of the fray through another portal, reappearing a moment later.
Air Dodge
Yukari will graze dash in the desired direction.

Balence Stance
Yukari balances with one foot over the edge, waving her arms in circles. With a surprised look on her face.
Dizzy Stance
Yukari will put her hand over her face, wobbling on one foot. Swinging her umbrella whicheverway.
Edge Grabbing Stance
Yukari slowly peeks over the edge, as she grasps the cliff with both her hands.
Sleep Stance
Yukari slenderly lies down, lazily with her back to the ground as she looks upwards.
Tripping Stance
Yukari falls face-first and face-plants into the ground, with her hands in front of her.
Freefall Stance
Yukari shall slowly fall downwards with her closed umbrella spinning besides her.
Flinch Stance
Yukari is magically sent flying, her expression doesn't change at all. Just brushing it off.
Swimming Stance
Yukari actually swims in a rift puddle, which actually makes it look like shes swimming.
Drowning Stance
Yukari sinks into the rifty puddle and disappears.

Tech
Yukari places the tip of her umbrella into the ground, as she flips herself over and landing into the ground.
Wall Tech
Yukari whips her foot at the wall and bounces off the surface.
Roof Tech
Yukari creates a border above her and goes right through it, exiting the same rift.
Rolling Tech
Yukari sets her hand into the floor as she tucks and rolls away.
Height
Overall, she is a couple shreds taller than Luigi.
Weight
Her weight is unusually light, but she is a middle weight.
First Jump
Yukari twirls as she takes her first jump, the distance is her her height.
Second Jump
Yukari quickly one foot jumps in the air, as she floats diagonally upwards.
Fall Speed
Since Yukari is a middleweight, her dress is enormous, which slows her decent.

Power (Damage)
Yukarin has the power of easy damage.
Power (Knockback)
Aside from throws, most of the attacks range from average to strong.

Attack Speed
Portal making is as easy as breathing.
Priority
Her specialized attacks have high priority, while the others lack.
Disjointed
Almost all her attacks have very large disjointed hitboxes.
Range (Physical)
The range on most attacks look short, but have deceiving range.
Range (Projectiles)
Her projectile range is almost godly, which occupy most of the stage.
Starting Lag
She has very minimal start lag on attacks.
Ending Lag
However, ending lag becomes a problem.
Hover - None
Yukari can't fly. >_>
Glide - None
No wings? No glides. >_>
Wall Jump - None
Who needs to wall jump when you can go through them?
Wall Cling - None
Monkey? No. >_>
Tether - Yes
She would throw Ran into the stage, but she can't.

Specialty Rifts: Unique
┌​
» Neutral Special «
○ Gateway: "The Seals and Entry to Hell"

Yukari has the ability to control boundaries (portals), which is an essential part to her character. She puts forth her arm and quickly traces her finger in the air, in a downwards motion. This will create a single boundary. The boundary looks like a slim oval set vertically with two ribbons at the top and bottom edges, the portal is dark purple, with several demon looking eyes staring outwards. These two ribbons will form a "C"-shape for the boundary. It has very minimal starting and ending lag. The portal vertically is Yukari's height, horizontally is half of her width. At most, two portal can be made. Holding B and tilting the Control Stick, will induce Yukari to tilt the boundary before setting it in place.

The portal's function is to let objects and people through it, and make it exit either, the same way (if one portal is open), or exit out of another portal (if two portals are open). Anyone can travel through these gates, attacks as well. When a character walks through this portal, they will temporarily leave the fray for a fraction of a moment, and almost instantly exit with no invincible frames. If parts of an attack's hitbox would enter the boundary, it would continue to emerge from the other.

In addition to any portal being made, they have a "doorway", which signals direction for objects coming in and out. The entry doorway is always the side where the "C"-shape curves away from you. To enter a portal, you simply walk through the correct side of the boundary, players can pass a boundary if the entry is facing a different direction. Each time Yukari forms a portal, she will automatically have the entry doorway of the portal facing in her direction; so she can quickly get into one. Once two portals are made, pressing B once more shall eradicate all portals.

Last but not least, when portals exist on the stage already; Yukari can switch the direction of a portal's doorway. To do so, all you have to do is let Yukari into a portal (it doesn't matter if you are completely enrobed in the portal), and simply tab the B button. This will result Yukari to disappear in the portal as it flips directions, once the flip is completed Yukari will then step out. If two portals are active, instead of going out of the exit doorway she will emerge from the portal she flipped.
┘​
┌​
» Side Special «
○ Default: Good Excuse, Sore Loser & Antimatter Space

Yukari quickly turns her head away, as she raises a clenched fist forward. She will then instantaneously open her fist, and a thicker white boundary can be seen being opened in the space before her. Creating the portal has minimal starting lag; Closing the portal has an average amount of lag. It is much wider than it is tall, and lasts on the field as long as Yukari keeps it open. If projectiles of any kind enter through this portal, it will be stored in another dimension; and will be re-fired out of the portal as soon as Yukari opens the boundary again. Depending on what kind of projectile went in, the damage and knockback it deals varies. The portal has no limit to how much is stored in the time it is open. But when more than one piece of matter goes into it, all of it will be gusted out all at once.

A good use for this move is for a character like Toon Link, who uses a boomerang, one boomerang. When one of a kind items are put in another dimension, the item will still count as being on the field. This can prevent Toon Link from launching another 'rang.
┘​
┌​
» Upwards Special «
○ Default: Illusion Insanity Hole

Yukari conceals her face with her fan as a distortion engulfs her and her surroundings. The distortion then rips several boundaries and Yukari shall disappear from sight. It is extremely recommended to have a boundary setup, as it will be your spawning point right after you use this move. Yukari will then be knocked through and exiting out of one of your created portals. The "push" will guide you one Kirby length in distance. This move takes no longer than .7 seconds to activate, this move has no ending lag at all. You are practically gimped to death if you don't have a setup portal, which that you can only successfully rely on a grazedash.
┘​
┌​
» Downward Special «
○ Alternate: Body-dismantling Machine

Yukari summons a boundary that spreads across the floor below her. Yukari will quickly take a hop in the air then melt into the portal. During this time you have control of moving the boundary horizontally. This move has quick start-up and considerable ending lag. There is two parts to this attack, idle horizontal movement; when Yukari is being moved side to side (Kirby dash speed), she will spin, like a buzzsaw along the ground. Clicking any button during this time will shoot Yukari from the boundary. She will then roll as she is shot up one Battlefield platform. The buzzsaw attack deals three consecutive hits, for 6% damage total and the release deals 8% with medium upwards knockback. As Yukari is flipping upwards, her parasol will be a large hitbox, spanning as wide as Dedede's height. This attack can be intercepted in the air, but Yukari will have super armor up until she is back into the stage. You can only stay submerged for two seconds.
┘​
Boundary Sign: Aerial Assaults
┌​
» Neutral Aerial «
○Demon's Eyes "Laplace's Demon"

Yukari quickly raises both of her arms and quickly points her fan toward her enemy as several gaps (12) appear, revealing several demonic eyes that will stare at your opponent, when caught within a Dedede width away, foes will be inflicted with large hitstun and will be "locked in place" for one second. This move will appear where you foe last stood. Pressing the attack button once more and the portals shall unleash a rain of lasers, dealing 1% per portal. The last laser to hit your foe shall receive upwards diagonal knockback. If you decide not to use the laser aftermath, you can leave your foes in the locked space, and followup with a different move.
┘​

┌​
» Forward Aerial «
○Observer of Transformation

Yukari rips open reality and creates another boundary, this boundary emits a purple light and you can see shadow like arms rotating around it in front of her. Yukari will then be free to move as soon as the portal is opened. This portal about Dedede in size, will stay upon the field for four seconds as everything around it is slowly pulled toward this vortex. Anyone who is pulled to the vortex itself shall take 16% and will be captured within the space. If this occurs you may mash buttons to be freed, but until that time you will be constantly damaged (2%). Items that are taken in will be factored in, and the damage rate within the portal will be increased to 3%.
┘​
┌​
» Backward Aerial «
○ Illusory Nest "Flight of Visionary Insects"

A Style

Yukari perches herself in midair as she produces a large grin over her face. An average sized boundary appears behind her, as she crosses one leg over the other. She then moves her hand and fan forward and the portal glows red and shoots several criss-crossing rounded lasers at the foe. These lasers are aimed at the foe's current position, and fire backwards if the foe is behind Yukari. All of the lasers will always strike the foe as one attack, dealing 7% damage with one-way average knockback. As Yukari has a brief Super Armor time during the attack's start-up. The lasers can travel as far as R.O.B.'s laser, with the same amount of starting and ending lag.

○ Boundary Between Mind and Foot:

B Style

Yukari enters a guarded pose before sweeping her hand in a horizontal arc. This causes a bright purple flash and a laser-like shock wave to slice across one Battlefield platform directly behind her. This giant seam of light shall enshroud enemies within it's grasp. Dealing 13% damage, with strong horizontal knockback. This attack first starts behind Yukari, then toward the end of the attack, it recedes forward. There is nothing overly mentionable about this attack, except the fact of the "enshrouding" hitbox. The attack warps toward the enemy in a random fashion then circling Yukari horizontally; Dodging this attack is rather tedious.
┘​
┌​
» Upward Aerial «
○Aerial Bait "Laced With Venom

Yukari retains the same animation as her jumps, but small distortions are formed directly above her. These will be an semi-invisible trapbox and any foes within that range (DDD in size) shall activate the actual move. Once caught, foes will be shot continuously with several lasers that attack in a hexagonal formation. The lasers will deal a total of 14% damage with downwards strong knockback. This move is extremely disjointed which makes this a great move for anti-aerials. This move lasts just as long as whatever animation she used it in.
┘​
┌​
» Downward Aerial «
○Chimera's Wing

Below Yukari, a portal shall rip and appear. Yukari will quickly take a dive into the freshly made vortex, as another one appears right where Yukari was originally standing. This whole setup attack will make Yukari fall through an endless pit of nothing, you can see Yukari falling in between the two gaps. Due to physics Yukari will fall at an accelerating pace, she will keep falling and her image will start to distort and after .8 seconds the bottom rift shall vanish and Yukari will land straight below her with her closed umbrella aimed downwards. This attack goes in two parts, when Yukari is starting the "cycle" foes that are near her will be sucked in and will receive 9% damage and follow through to the second attack, though this hardly shall ever happen as the hitboxes are small. The second half where she is dropping at the speed of Sonic's Dash, she will deal a massive amount of 20% damage with monstrous upwards knockback. Lag is long on both ends, so use this attack with caution.
┘​
Phantasm Sign: Smashing Blow
┌​
» Forward Smash «
○ Boundary Sign "Joining Four Boundaries"

A Style

Yukari swiftly whips her energized arm sideways, as a large scale transparent purple flower appears before her. When summoned this flower shall quickly rotate in it's position for half a second, dealing a multi-hit attack. The attack itself may look like a shield, but it says something about it's function. It doesn't reflect any projectiles, but the flower has a tremendous amount of priority. This attack deals a total of 17% damage; instant startup and pitiful ending lag. The overall reach of this attack stretches out Mario's height forward and reaches double Yukari's height vertically. Using this attack to intercept foes in the air and protect yourself using the unlimited priority the attack provides. The few last frames of lag after the attack has been executed, will allow Yukari the freedom to move.

○ Boundary Sign "Attractive Joining Four Boundaries"

B Style

Yukari sweeps her foot across the ground, creating a large rift as wide as Dedede's height. This rift then conjures many gunky looking shadows upwards from it's position. These shadows will then form into a beautiful pink flower blooming outwards. The sudden materialization of the flower will create a quick burst of sparkles as it reaches out to damage foes. The attack takes a bit for it to startup, and has no ending lag. This attack will deal 16% damage upon impact. Unlike it's A Style counterpart, as soon as this attack is launched Yukari is able to move freely much earlier. If foes are caught in the rift before the flower appears, they will have a large amount of hit-stun added to them, which is probably enough for you to get owned by the flower following it. In addition, charging this attack give a boost to how large the rift becomes, damage remains constant.

┘​
┌​
» Upward Smash «
○Ghostly Butterfly Hidden in Zen Temple

Yukari opens up her umbrella and flips several times upwards, as soon as this occurs she encloses herself in her parasol then surround her parasol with a spinning pinwheel of energy. After moving one Battlefield platform upwards, she will stop in midair and then the attack will end. With that being said, Yukari will be placed into the air right after the move, so you can followup with an aerial attack. This attack can be executed without any delays at all. The umbrella pinwheel deals a solid 17% damage with average upper diagonal knockback. Charging this move will make Yukari rise almost double the length of no charge and will deal 24% with strong upwards knockback.
┘​
┌​
» Downward Smash «
○ Tombstone: Lamented Box of Urashima

Yukari strikes a pose as she glares upwards, frames later, a large tombstone shall come raining down from the sky above, and land directly in front of her. The rock shall stay there as a obstacle (15% HP) but overall has no use and cannot be picked up. The tombstone is the body size of Luigi and falls from the sky as fast as Dedede's Up Special. the tombstone also has it's own hitbox which can be quite deceiving as the box itself and a small portion of the landing impact has a hitbox. Average start and ending lag. This move deals a solid 15% damage with ridiculous amount of upwards knockback. When charging this Smash attack, the range of it's impact is determined by how long you charge the attack, an AI shall control the "likeliness" of hitting a foe. Less charge results in a less accurate drop, thus having a higher charge results in a more accurate drop, but is never 100%. To keep you from spamming this attack continuously to hit foes with a shower of rocks, the tombstone cannot be summoned until the block is destroyed from the field.
┘​

Dimensional Symbol: Gateway Tilt
┌​
» Forward Tilt «
○ Destination Boundary" Boundary Between Second and Third Dimension"

A Style

Yukari quickly flips up her parasol as a wave of blue light travels across the surface. This wave no bigger than Kirby will cruise along the ground three Pit heights away, and then retract back to Yukari. This deals 4% damage per hit with small flinch knockback. This attack has medium startup time and transitions to small cooldown. This attack has properties of bouncing back after a certain distance, so if you use this near a ledge, the wave shall bounce from the ledge and go the opposite direction. This is generally a nice move to add with the Neutral Special, as the portal will make it hard to predict when the wave will retract.

○ Bewitching Bait:

B Style

Yukari stamps the ground with her foot as a small orb splashes out of the void in front of her. This small orb shall stop at half the height of herself, and then suddenly vanish. This phenomenon is a temporary trap, when foes pass the the orb it shall reappear and explode with rays of light fading from the source. Foes will be sent with average horizontal knockback. With a quick start up time, the vanishing stage takes a toll on Yukari so she will suffer from medium lag.
┘​
┌​
» Upward Tilt «
○ Joining Boundary "Objective Joining Boundary"

A Style

Yukari quickly spins clockwise as she pulls two spherical balls of energy from her sleeve. She then will throw both particles, which will arc like a fountain and impact any surface it connects with. These balls are as large as Mario in all directions and illuminate a dim blueish light. The intial extraction of the balls has minimal lag, but releasing it's energy takes a bit of time, average lag. Once these balls connect with something it will then encircle around it's subject dealing 2% damage per action (walking, stopping, jumping, attacking, etc.) with small flinch knockback. This also has an additional effect for increasing the lag time of either the starting or ending of a foe's attack. If the balls land on a platform, or the stage itself, it will move similarly to a Hothead, which encircles the stage. Foes can only get "stuck" with the energy before the balls hit the ground.

○ Under Fire: Curtain of Faith
B Style

Yukari executes a quick hand gesture and a symbol will appear directly above her. The glowing symbol will then fade away, causing a burst of numerous small "bullets". These bullets will travel outward and expand to form a circle. These bullets are as large as half of a capsule and are very small, but the burst makes roughly 20 to 40 of these bullets. The initial burst of the symbol pushes any foes away from getting hit from all the bullets and taking huge amounts of damage. Each bullet deals a puny amount of 2% damage, with very small "retracting" knockback. Getting knocked into one bullet most likely will knock you into six or seven other ones, racking damage up really fast. These bullets will completely fade away a Luigi radius away from the area of burst.
┘​
┌​
» Downward Tilt «
○ Signal Boundary "Boundary Ceasing the Danger

Yukari evasively takes cover by creating a border directly beneath her. She will then quickly slide into and through the portal kicking up several road signs from a city dimension. These signs are angled away from Yukari at an 125 degree angle as they lunge out. Each sign reaches out Yukari's height. Shifting into the portal has below-average lag and recovering back into normal state has some lag to it. After the attack, Yukari will transition back into her upright position. The signs overall do 12% damage with average upwards knockback. Since the signs have their own hitboxs, Yukari will usually be at a safe distance not to get hit by trading hits, there is no hurtbox. Also, since she sank into a boundary, she is half "gone" and her hitbox is greatly reduced, making it even harder to hit her. This is a fantastic move to use, because of it's properties of far range to hit foes without the tradeoff.
┘​

Starting Card: Standard Reflex
┌​
» Standard Jab «
○ Weapon "Sleight of Fan"

A Style

Yukari beings to swing her fan in a circle motion as she slowly takes steps forward ramming the blades of the fan into foes within a small range. The fan damage deals 7% multihit damage with small horizontal knockback. This attack can be held down to inflict a finishing blow which will deal more knockback.

○ Cell Phone "Delievery to..."
B Style

Yukari lashes out with her fan in a upwards notion. This will awkwardly send the foes downwards into a rift, and quickly sending them out of a made portal. The initial impact will send foes directly straight up if no portals were created. This move deals 4% damage with mediocre knockback. This is a nice move to use when foes are too close to you, and you want them to disappear to a move comfortable range.
┘​
┌​
» Dash Attack «
○ Reverse Inverse

Yukari dashes forward as she creates a concentrated boundary in her path. Yukari then quickly spins around and hits the back end of the boundary with her parasol and she will then "trip" into the portal, as a result every boundary that is currently open will explode with a large purple light of energy, which span a Metaknight away in every direction. During this attack the whole screen temporarily flashes and all the portals shall disappear. Light only give a heck lot of hitstun, with no damage at all. If any foes (Yukari is in a portal during this time) are caught in a portal when this attack is pulled, all portalees will be transported five Mario lengths in front of their current position.
┘​

Grab: With Followups
┌​
» Grab «
○ Snatch: 10%
A Style

Yukari conceals her hand through a portal that was just created. Another portal shall appear in proximity of where your foe is and grab them, pulling them from that spot and into Yukari's care. The initial grab has medium tracking, so foes being grabbed in live motion will be roughly 30% probability. Seems rather low? The exchange for such low grab probability will be that the fact that you can't be really punished for grabbing and whiffing. The closer you are to the foe, the higher chance you will grab them, up to 70%. Yukari can only chain four grabs before foes are released from the terror.

○ Reverse Arm Fold
B Style

Yukari has the abilities to get away from the most deadly situations, grabbing is just an afterthought. Pressing the grab button exactly before you get into the grabbed animation will make Yukari reverse fan arm hold the foe, making the foe become into your hands instead of theirs. Beware though, you can't grab foes unless they grab you. Using laggy moves to bait your opponent will greatly help you get them to grab you, however timing this reverse grab is easier said than done. Yukari can only chain four grabs before foes are released from the terror.
┘​
┌​
» Forward Throw «
○ Impale of Shattered Souls

Yukari takes her closed umbrella a points the tip into the foe, after a moment's jolt, the parasol shall open with much force and break the foe forward from the grasps of Yukari. As simple as this throw may look, the grab deals 4% damage and gives low knockback. It's a simple chaingrab that can only followed up by either another Forward Throw, Down Throw, Up Throw. In combination with all of these potential followups, using this in front a portal (only one) facing in your direction, you can nearly infinite the foe. This will keep sending your foe in front of Yukari, and since the grab's tracking range is easier done when closer to an enemy, this throw will be cakewalk.
┘​
┌​
» Backward Throw «
○ Shikigami Calls

Yukari snaps her fingers as Ran Yakumo, Yukari's personal shikigami (assistant) appears before her. Ran will then spin round and round, and will charge at the held foe giving 16% multihit damage. There will be a pause as Ran calls her personal shikigami, Chen. Whom will "popup" the foe and send them flying with promanent upward diagonal knockback behind Yukari.
┘​
┌​
» Upward Throw «
○ Containment: Quarentine

Yukari will kick up a lightpost from underneath her via a portal, this shall jab the foe directly upwards as a portal is formed above the foe, and will then be shot back downwards in front of Yukari. The foe shall bounce once off the ground (during this time foes cannot be grabbed), but instantly after bouncing off the surface, can potentially be regrabbed. This throw deals 2% damage, with a set knockback to send the foes into the "bounce" state.
┘​
┌​
» Downward Throw «
○ System Error: No Error Was Found
Yukari sets her foe free in front of her. Your foe has exactly .4 seconds to get out of the way before the surface they are standing on distorts. If the foes are unable to escape in time, they will be cemented into the stage. Yukari will then summon a large truck to materialize and drop right on the foe, dealing 10% damage with no knockback. The foe will then revert back to normal state after the landing of the truck. Keep in mind, you probably don't want to be grabbed again so get the heck out of the way!
┘​

Touche: One's Situational

┌​
» Ledge: X > 100 «
○ ABStartSelect

Yukari, feeling strained and took a time to rest upon the ledge. She takes a small breath as she warps off the ledge and back to the middle of the stage.
┘​
┌​
» Ledge: X < 100 «
○ Portal Revamp

Yukari slowly peers over the edge to notice how the space below her is nothing, Yukari lets go of the edge as she manipulates a boundary below her and the speed of her drop will push her through the portal and back out, shooting her above the stage's ledge and successfully recovering.
┘​
┌​
» Getup: X > 100 «
○ Eyes of the Dancing Field of Darkness

Yukari distorts the area around her a devilish eye symbol lights up below Yukari. There will then be a shake of the area, and all foes on the ground will receive small hitstun as Yukari resets herself in an upright position.
┘​
┌​
» Getup: X < 100 «
○ Portal Revamp

Yukari sinks into a pool of a portal, and another portal shall appear right above her position, and she will drop from the portal and land perfectly back onto her feet.
┘​
Special Mechanic Attack: Spell Cards

Pressing both A and B simultaneously will allow you to active your characters one of three native spell cards. The spell cards can be viewed next to your profile picture during battle. You will have three to pick from, shuffling through the cards can be done by using the Left and Right Directional Pad. Each card can be used once a certain condition is met, which will be listed along side the move description.

┌​
» Spell Card I «
○ Shikigami: Ran Yakumo

Acquired by having yourself and foe walk through a portal at least three times.

Yukari shall summon her shikigami, Ran. Yukari will then order Ran to charge forward, and any foe that comes in contact with Ran will immediately take 17% worth of multihit damage with mediocre horizontal knockback. Ran shall rush after receiving the command and hover quickly to the end of the stage/platform. Once in contact, Ran will spin wildly dealing the damage. Ran can be stop temporary by attacking her, however it won't stop her from getting to her destination. There is small lag when summoning, and no ending.
┘​
┌​
» Spell Card II «
○ Shikigami: Chen Yakumo

Acquired by grabbing your foe four times.

Yukari will grab Chen from where she might be and pats her on the head, as she throws Chen off the surface in front of her. Chen will bounce off the ground and will continue bouncing off surfaces she connects with (if she ends up going off screen she will just bounce off it like any other surface). She will fly at the speed of Captain Falcon's dash, and will last upon the field for a good thirty seconds. Foes being hit by Chen shall receive 13% damage with medium knockback in the same direction as the foe was hit.There is small lag when summoning, and no ending.
┘​
┌​
» Spell Card III «
○ Obsolete Line "Trip to the Abandoned Station"

Acquired by successfully unlocking both Ran and Chen

Yukari will stand in place and close her eyes briefly as energy begins to surround her. She will then widen her eyes as she opens a ginormous boundary directly behind her. This boundary is two Ganondorf heights in height. Suddenly the stage will shake as a large four-cargo train emerges from the boundary and charges through the stage until the runaway subway goes off the screen.

This train spans about one Final Destination, and is just a bit smaller than the height of the boundary. Getting hit by the train at the very first car will deal 25% damage with large force horizontally; Being hit by other part of the train will deal 15% with high upwards knockback. Keep in mind you can only get hit by the train once, it doesn't chain into itself at all. Brave souls who attempt to shield this will be left in pieces as the shield will be instantly shattered; This is the only exception to being hit more than once. This attack has the lag startup of Ike's Forward Smash, and ends like Ganondorf's Wizard Kick.
┘​

Last Word: Final Necrofantasia
» Finale Smash «
○ Perfect Cherry Blossom

Yukari has attained the powerful source of energy, the Smash Ball. When activated by the click of the B button, Yukari opens up a large boundary below the stage. This boundary takes Yukari, opponents, the stage, the background, and everything that could possibly be present in the match into another dimension. The whole screen will fade away and transform into a Touhou-esque game and you will have experience one hell of a challenge, Yukari's Danmaku from the game Touhou 7: Perfect Cherry Blossom.

During this time, you will control a mini version of your character at the bottom of the screen, you may move your character via Control Stick, and holding the A button will make you fire a rain of bullets directly in front of you stretching the whole way up. Tapping the B button will use your available "bomb" spell card which will be a huge blast that will eat Yukari's bullets and cause damage. This mini-game can end in three ways. 1. You being defeated by getting hit three times by the onslaught of bullets. 2. You successfully dodge everything and bring Yukari's HP to zero (she will lose a stock). 3. You didn't die, she didn't die, and the bullet curtain waves have passed.

You will have to go through every danmaku wave and her Last Word (the final attack in Yukari's card slot). You will have three "lives" in which you must use to survive, if these three lives are gone, the final smash shall end and you will lose a stock. You get three bomb per life, it is wise to use it when you can't dodge a certain wave, or just put in a tricky spot. Likewise, if you bring Yukari's HP to zero, she will lose stock instead. You'll live through hell if you make it out alive. This final smash can last up to nine minutes.

Spell Cards in Order of Apperance
No. 131: 結界「夢と現の呪」
Bounded Field "Curse of Dreams and Reality"

No. 132: 結界「動と静の均衡」
Bounded Field "Balance of Motion and Stillness"

No. 133: 結界「光と闇の網目」
Bounded Field "Mesh of Light and Darkness"

No. 134: 罔両「ストレートとカーブの夢郷」
Evil Spirits "Xanadu of Straight and Curve"

No. 135: 罔両「八雲紫の神隠し」
Evil Spirits "Yakumo Yukari's Spiriting Away"

No. 136: 罔両「禅寺に棲む妖蝶」
Evil Spirits "Bewitching Butterfly Living in the Zen Temple"

No. 137: 魍魎「二重黒死蝶」
Sinister Spirits "Double Black Death Butterfly"

No. 138: 式神「八雲藍」
Shikigami "Ran Yakumo"

No. 139: 「人間と妖怪の境界」
"Boundary of Humans and Youkai"

No. 140: 結界「生と死の境界」
Bounded Field "Boundary of Life and Death"

No. 141: 紫奥義「弾幕結界」
Yukari's Arcanum "Danmaku Bounded Field"

A visual, if you may.
^^^
This video will show you what you are up against.

You are the person trying to dodge all of that.

┘​

Style Of Play
As you've just read, Yukari is the master of boundary art. She makes a battle always a uphill battle regardless if you have an advantage or disadvantage. She takes the time and your life by turning them into a puzzle.

Yukari's main tactics are to use the boundaries that she creates with her Neutral Special. This move alone can already cause a lot of pressure and wreck havok, the fact that it forces your opponent to change how they play, based on the direction of the portal. Having this facing toward your opponent, and most characters can't camp you, and you have no problem camping them since your projectiles go through the backside, it isn't effected. Having this portal facing in your direction, and you can send your attacks right back out of the same portal which can mess up characters who like to space. This is the potential with only one portal. If you have two, you can easily setup complete chaos, if your opponent needs to approach you from any direction, make them go through a portal and then exit to their death. These are the very few possibilities that can occur.

Yukari is also blessed with the ability to Graze Dash, which means that campers are even worse off than before. If Yukari has to approach a camper, use the Graze Dash and the projectiles won't do a thing. This also can be used as a recovery tool, seeing how if you have no portals open, you can't recover.

In additon to unique abilities, you also have the tool to pick a style before a match, with some moves altered, this can put you at a better advantage and take any situation and make it worse for your foe.

Playing Yukari takes much planning and strategy to use correctly. As stated above, you want to create a portal as soon as the match starts in a comfortable location. Foes that are fighting against you can't do very much and most likely will have to approach you. With that being said, he closer the foes are to you, the better. In combination with the portal and your moveset, it makes it extremely tough to avoid attacks. If you aren't very comfortable with foes in your face, and you want to keep them at a distance, you are already half covered with the portal. Since Yukari doesn't have to worry about long ranged attacks, you have many options to stomp out your foes, using the Tombstone, you can just camp the whole day hoping to wear down your opponent. Moves like Style A Forward Tilt and Style A Up Tilt lead to a deadly avoid fest. Your foes will have to evade many moving objects and with portals in play if the energy goes into the portal, it makes it all that more confusing.

Grabs, Yukari can practically camp grabs and then throw you into a portal and then you get chain grabbed for life and then you will suffer greatly. Forward, Up and Down Throws can be chained together, but only up to four times. As much as the throws are very handy, they don't do all that much the only option you have is the Back Throw if you really want to do something. You also have the option to reset the chaingrab by using the Style B Jab attack, when you are next to a portal (facing you) and off you go. The Bstyle grab however makes grab happy characters like Dedede and Falco reconsider their true options.

Yukari's ground game is quite solid. Yukari can utilize both the Up Smash and Down Special to give her a nice transition into the air, which can also be followed up with a Graze Dash to get you into a better position. Spacing with the ground moves aren't that bad, using the Down Tilt to space foes with disjointed hitboxes; hurting them while you still are in a safe zone. Things like Style B's Up Tilt is a great way to keep your foes away from giant danger of damage. Both styles of the Forward Smash have great walling potential, to once again add to the wall of anti approach. Using the Dash Attack as a failsafe tactic to disrupt foes who find a use for your own portals.

Her aerial game also can be used as a great destructive force. Attacks like the Neutral and Style A Back Aerial can both keep foes from doing anything rash or take several lasers into their face. Something like the Down Aerial looks highly deceiving and is one of best Yukari's kill moves. Yukari isn't the greatest aerial fighter, so if she is in the air, the player is either really dumb or they are trying to bait their opponent into going into a trap, like the Upward Aerial.

Everything listed above is yet just a fraction of what you can really do. Your imaginative thinking power could probably lead you to victory without even having to follow these guidelines. But hey. Yukari has quite the advantage in almost every situation. Wrecks havoc with portals. It's not hard.

Easy Mode: Extras?

V e r y I m p o r t a n t P e o p l e

This is a list of some voluntary people whom I asked to proofread and condense my set before the actual release. I would like to honor those who took the time to read and critique my set while it was being written in action. You guys who are listed, you better not say any **** thing about "I didn't really do anything" crap, you guys helped me., and I'm just paying back the favor.

SirKibble - Before he left on his mission, he was my master and I showed him my work and told him that this set was originally for him, I received my motivation and got my Pleinair feeling. I promised him that I would finish this set, and make it as best as I could.

King K. Rool - I of course would ask the master, the vote guru. Rool is a close friend and he knows that I'm going to scheme something. I asked him to help me condense the set to a reasonable and understandable level. With his special ability to word things to be understood by the human intellect, he was a great help.

.5AU (Half Silver) - .5AU was the man I was looking for when it came to talking about mechanics (well actually I just wanted him to remember to put Yukari in the awards for "Best Mechanic". But that evolved into a request of his approval of the actual mechanics itself. He took a look, gave me advice and also helped me condense the set.

Marth Trinity - I asked my good IRL friend, Marf. Whom I met at Anime Detour 2009, which was the most bad-*** meet up of Make Your Movers ever. I sent Marth private messages on snippets and slices of Yukari, and helped me describe and unearth some good details, and background support from the shadows.

Chris Lionheart - As little as he says that he didn't do a thing, my Fire Emblem fan buddy was here to guide me to create a more simplified description of the Specials. Very much appreciated.

Smash Daddy - The current leader of the contest gave me the confidence (and a bridge), and supported me. As well as lectured on playstyle.

MasterFMAWarlord - This FMA man gave me tips and explanations on the difference between flow and playstyle, as helped generate ideas of good and bad playstyles.

SunnyFundance - lolchillinz (h) (hug) (backoff) #slap

Selection Screen

Snake: What the heck is with this lady with the big dress, shes making me feel like I'm playing that one game from Orange Box.
Colonel: You must be talking about the youkai of boundaries, Yukari.
Snake: I swear, I'm playing Portal.
Colonel: Yes, she makes portals and uses them to her advantage. She has the abilities to put you in a bad spot.
Snake: Aren't I supposed to get a cube thing? I heard those things are pretty compatible.
Colonel: Snake, you should really pay more attention to how much harm she can do to you.
Snake: She doesn't have one of those automatic electric fences like they do in the game, does she?
Colonel: ...

TheSundanceKid

Smash Lord
Wow, Emerge. That set was great. I don't know much about the character, but it seems as though you captured her perfectly. The attack cards were pretty cool and the use of the portals was great. The organization is also amazing. Great job! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom