• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social General Ice Climber Chat

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
If you sh u-air over the slope on YS (under the platforms) you can dj before you land. Not really important, but sh u-air is better than fulljump for pressuring the lower platforms and double jumping lets you u-air -> b-air/u-air/waveland a little bit faster than landing and jumping again.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
fsmash is such a good move

random wd fsmash wins matches guys

no matter how good ppl are thyere not gonna see it (unless u do it habitually lol)

bahamutz69

Smash Journeyman
so is uthrow or dthrow better to connect with nanas utilt?
because utilt last long enough so popo can get above an enemy while theyre still get hammer (lulz)
i just got a dthrow>utilt w/ nana > waveland >grab w/ popo since i was under the platform when i got the grab
again vs a lvl 1 falco -___-
someone test ittt

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I know down-throw nana wd up-tilt(she slids back draging them back) to grab works on fox/falco plus I think it's easier to wd up-tilt than to don-throw to up-tilt

bahamutz69

Smash Journeyman
yea i was just doing it on fox and hes smaller than falco so the part of the dthrow where they come closer to you doesnt put him into the utilt
but if you dthrow right after you JC grab then nana is infront of popo and it works, but ill go try the wd>utilt

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Very better than most posts choknater.

My favs ubertrail, chokdat,chubles.

Also INSANE CARZY CHU sounds like some kindof gum lol.

P,B & J dat

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
UberDat
DatTrail
ChuberIce
Ho Chu Minh Dat

Useful?: If you dash away and immediately c-stick f-smash, nana f-smashes and you can do anything. I've been playing with stuff like wd facing towards opponent -> dash away/nana f-smash -> popo wd f-smash (like an instant continuous desynch).

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
WD -> ftilt is good against Marth, I've decided. At low percents it can disorient him long enough to get you a jab -> grab, and at medium percents you can get a wavesmash to follow it up ^.^

Also, I like wavedashing backward OOS -> ice block when he's dtilting my shield.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Half of those moves don't even impede ice blocks. Desynched ice blocks can be followed up with grabs and dash attacks, which Marth can't do anything about if he's worried about the ice block.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
I think I need to gain a better understanding of my psyche. There is such a huge disconnect between how I want to think when I play and how I actually do. I think this is the main source of my intermittent bouts of playing absolutely horribly.

In other news, double ICs doesn't seem to work very well. Either that or I'm just really bad at it... Sorry about that, Wobbles.

I'm disappointed in how I've been playing lately, but there isn't much I can do aside from soldier on and try to get better.

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
ChuberIce
Ho Chu Minh Dat

Useful?: If you dash away and immediately c-stick f-smash, nana f-smashes and you can do anything. I've been playing with stuff like wd facing towards opponent -> dash away/nana f-smash -> popo wd f-smash (like an instant continuous desynch).
hell yes, i found this like a month or two ago. its gay. people usually sheild when they see the fsmash animation, not realizing that only nana is doing it. then you can wd in and grab them during sheild stun.

Turazrok

Smash Master
I think I need to gain a better understanding of my psyche. There is such a huge disconnect between how I want to think when I play and how I actually do. I think this is the main source of my intermittent bouts of playing absolutely horribly.

In other news, double ICs doesn't seem to work very well. Either that or I'm just really bad at it... Sorry about that, Wobbles.

I'm disappointed in how I've been playing lately, but there isn't much I can do aside from soldier on and try to get better.
I do this as well. I think it's just experience.
ChuberIce
Ho Chu Minh Dat

Vids please.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
You might not be consistent in how far you walk forward. I think the timing varies by your position; like, if you only take a very small step forward, you have a very small window for grabbing again, but it's easier if you go a bit farther than that. Going a little too far forward can make the grab hitbox miss entirely, though.

PokemonMasterIRL

Smash Master
You might not be consistent in how far you walk forward. I think the timing varies by your position; like, if you only take a very small step forward, you have a very small window for grabbing again, but it's easier if you go a bit farther than that. Going a little too far forward can make the grab hitbox miss entirely, though.
Ahh thank you.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
Just do whatever you find easiest.

On a completely unrelated note, it's hilarious how quickly ICs dittos devolve into Popo dittos.

bruceleeland

Smash Apprentice
Just do whatever you find easiest.

On a completely unrelated note, it's hilarious how quickly ICs dittos devolve into Popo dittos.
yes this is true. I remember azn_lep and i had to face off in crew battles. It was basically a game off who can downsmash or ftilt the other person first and gain stage control.

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
ic dittos devolve into ic vs popo more often than they devolve into sopo dittos. there is little to no hope for popo regaining control once he loses his nana. on a slightly related note, i think desynched blizzard is fantastic in ic dittos. whoever puts any kind of desynch pressure on first will win the exchange

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
Even with just Popo, it isn't very hard at all to KO the other Nana. All you really need to do is bthrow the other Popo or separate them via other means and then do whatever you want to Nana; her bad DI coupled with Sopo's strong smashes means she dies very quickly. Wobbles and I did a few IC dittos yesterday and probably about 75% of the time each of us only had Popo.

Camping with blizzard when you have both ICs against one Popo is very good, but I think synched ice blocks or even something like short hop synched blizzard can cause a lot problems for a desynched pair of ICs.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
how did you do vs wobs on the dittos? you guys are too good, best ic's out there right now fosho, that is until i get back on the scene

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
So what do you guys think of dthrow -> Nana SH nair -> Popo regrab on floaties at low percents? You can also combo the nair into upsmashes at slightly higher percents.

Top Bottom