• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[QLD] Brisbane/Gold Coast Meets & Tournaments

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Kong

Smash Lord
Great turn out today, I had heaps of fun!
Was great to meet the new people too, hope yas can all come to SummerSmash next weekend, it'll be good!
Good stuff on 1 Chris for winning and the other Chris for organizing, and persisting with it, even after the 2 smaller PMS's, ya stuck with it and it really paid of with this one. :)
Crews and Norway didn't happen due to excelent turn-out, but everyone was having fun so it didn't matter. :chuckle:

Brawl and Melee crews should be good next week.
James/Yokai should be Gold Coast (he was for Ward) and with Jesmo (if hes coming) too, I think Gold Coast has enough people.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

New idea for Melee Crews.
Pre Kas vs Post Kas
Everyone who played Smash in QLD BEFORE Kas moved here (December 06) vs everyone who moved here after
So thats, Ben, Josh, Zac, Ryan, Vyse, Moose, Sieg, D.J Cat (that doyle) etc
vs Kas, Chris, Rob, BRYCE (he moved here well after Kas :) ) and everyone else.
Early opinion is PreKas thinks they are hot (they are) but with Kas as their leader and a new incentive to get better the PostKasers are likely to improve far more than the established team.
The passion for TECH v Ward ain't there anymore, and without Triss and Radiance it just ain't the same SO this would be a great new standard PLUS its very easy to tell what side you'd be on.
Thoughts? (other than Bob's a doyle?)
Old school vs New school? I like it. Seems like a lot of fun. Crew battles dont happen enough anymore.

peace out

oldmanondorf_

Smash Ace
Cheers for tournament guys, good venue and excellent turnout.

Wish we had time for crew battles though. Who was that lucas player i played before i versed kaion? I want to befriend him immediately. I heard he...

-Mostly plays smash bros. drunk
- Accepts the power of ganondorf
- Is anti-tiers

Such an acceptable person.

Also, I got decimated by you kaion, as you found out, i'm really bad at mk dittos. Wish i could've put up more of a fight. I'll hopefully give you more of a challenge next time we play. I'll pick up a secondary character to verse mk players over the next week or so.

Btw, in the future, the DORF's will be hosting a ganondorf only tournament. I'm pretty sure it will have a massive turnout :p
Fully agreed seaDORF - even though I got absolutely annihilated on saturday it was a good experience and lots of fun, the DORF clan will be attending as many meets and tourneys as possible in future.. now that pinefreshDORF has returned to warwick we need to find a new replacement, that kickflip dude sounds more than adequate.. I wonder if there would be any other worthy allies out there. Definitely want to hold our own tourney soon.. I don't know how we could call it anything other than 'DORF OFF' maybe we could have a traditional tournament with all characters on the side to encourage serious players to actually attend haha

PoweredByAMD

Smash Cadet
Fully agreed seaDORF - even though I got absolutely annihilated on saturday it was a good experience and lots of fun, the DORF clan will be attending as many meets and tourneys as possible in future.. now that pinefreshDORF has returned to warwick we need to find a new replacement, that kickflip dude sounds more than adequate.. I wonder if there would be any other worthy allies out there. Definitely want to hold our own tourney soon.. I don't know how we could call it anything other than 'DORF OFF' maybe we could have a traditional tournament with all characters on the side to encourage serious players to actually attend haha
I wouldn't say you were the only one getting annihilated yesterday. Lost every match in Brawl but at least I showed my Puff off in Melee. -_-

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
lawl syke. so predictable.

anyway, about the tournament, HOW DO YOU PEOPLE PLAY THIS GAME??? it's soooooooo campy O_O also $20 for a 5 hour tournament is WAY too much. no offense to chris or anything, but srsly.

had fun though. mostly playing melee. <3 you gaiz is so much fun.

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Cause they all know you're so baaaaaaaaad.

Anyways I'll be offsetting my tourney one week after, with Vyse's wishes.

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Nope Brawl. Next one will be Melee. or maybe this one will have both, I'll see what I can do.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
MVC2 or TVC!

When's the next one after SummerSmash? Dates would be good to look into tickets and stuff yo

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
maaan street fighter only has like 2 sticks :/ i wanted to play more but sieg and u were on it =P
u really wanted to play blueblaze tho, le infernal divideDURH
should just be winner stays on.

and Cao, MvC2 all the way. TvC play is for fun

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
but they are both losers... =P
until someone picks a SF2 chun li

might be in city arcade again hopefully longer this time maybe 5 -6 :S ionno
then going to kareoke XP

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
Hey to make crews more exciting for Brawl, how about some names instead of just Brisbane vs Gold Coast?

I know!
Ben's Bananas (Brisbane) (brisbanes best bull**** being blatant)
vs
Chris Apples (Gold Coast) ( An apple a day doesn't keep the dr. away)
And then pics on the day and even banners/sigs if people can be bothered.
Yaya!

Oh, and just so everyone knows Ike says "CRUMPET!" when he does counter.

EDIT: Oh hey, Brisbane ****s, are enough people free for a KFC meet for team bondage, errr i mean bonding? And stratergizing lol.
Maybe on the Friday?
But really, maybe we should make it Nandos.
Whatver people want!
This post contains too many in-jokes....or does it...

oldmanondorf_

Smash Ace
I wouldn't say you were the only one getting annihilated yesterday. Lost every match in Brawl but at least I showed my Puff off in Melee. -_-
I won my first doubles match with seaDORF, then we were up against J.Birds and chris.. enough said
lost all my singles matches and didn't play melee.. still looking forward to SummerSmash this weekend nonetheless

seaDORF

Smash Journeyman
This thread seems a little quiet. Are there any other QLD smash threads that are currently active?

Also, i noticed front page says summersmash goes for 2 days straight all day. What's the agenda for both days?

A little off-topic but i'm maining Wario now ;) Picked him up after PMS last weekend. Only got 4 more days to practise haha. Not expecting to win many but at least i'll add abit more variety to tournaments seeing as there are no Wario mains in QLD that i know of.

Ignore those first 2 questions. I lurked abit more and found the answers*

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Too bad that games so baaaaad.

Can't wait for Summersmash, I have to leave early on Sat night though, so I'll prob be missing out on crews.

KamiStriker

Smash Journeyman
How can it be quiet? There are like 10 posts a day, and it's Tuesday today? So people are working? ... Or sleeping in?
Schoooooooool! =(. I bet ima vs kas first in brackets. First tourney, Lachlan vs kas first match, then me and lachlan vs kas first match in doubles. Then at squat me vs kat first in brackets. Our family is like cursed D:

Smash64 at summer smash?? ;D. My pika is owsome. got better at melee... can actually play now. I couldnt even wave dash out of shine at squat.. how did i get 9th? O________o

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Tournament Results.

Singles
1: Amaterasu (Metaknight/Pikachu/Toon Link)
2: J-Birds (Snake/Dedede/ICs)
3: R4VEN (Samus/Metaknight)
4: Vyse (Diddy)
5: seaDORF (Metaknight/Luigi)
5: Arrow (Snake)
7: DJ Cat (Rob/Yoshi)
7: Toki (Marth)
9: Aaron
9: Kickflip (Lucas)
9: Shaun
9: rangaDORF
13: Dif (Metaknight)
13: Jud (Wolf)
13: Pandepic
13: Ghost (Yoshi/Game n Watch)
17: Jess
17: Rubin
17: John
17: Chief
17: Steve
17: Jordan
17: oldmanDORF

Doubles

1: J-Birds & Amaterasu
2: Toki & R4VEN
3: DJ Cat & Arrow
4: Jud & Steve
5: Aaron & Shaun
5: seaDorf & rangaDorf
7: Dif & Pandepic (2 TECH 4 BRAWL)
7: Kickflip & Cheif
9: Rubin & Jamie
9: Vyse & Ghost

Sirias

Smash Champion
Uhm, I'm not going to this, Carlisle.

Also, stfu Zac, haha.
I live on the line of nowheres-train to nowheres-ville.
But if anyone wants to come round be my guest.

J-Birds

Smash Lord
Eh no need for dedede next to my name, if you were to add someone else it would be ice climbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom