• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SiD

Smash Master
Haha I remember playing Simna at my friends house, I had no idea wtf he was doing until later someone told me about the glitch. That guy was crazy good with Ness.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
if there is any way to do the following i will play this game.

>_> yes they all involve bowser, NO they do not involve making him super broken.

Before I begin I'd like to say this - bowser SHOULD NOT BE A COMBO ORIENTED CHARACTER AT ALL. Big damage hits with a couple simple strings - that's EXACTLY what this guy should be.

and yes they all involve some fairly elaborate changes (at least i'd imagine they do!)

B moves
-----------------------

Up B
Make it the EXACT move from Melee please. Meaning - frames 1-4 are invincible - frame 5 is a hit - can actually KILL THINGS - in the air this move used to do THIRTY DAMAGE. REMOVE the stupid lag from landing from 'high up'

Side B
If possible - change this move entirely to be MORE similar to melee - but not exactly the melee grab - this one isn't' necessary because I don't expect you can actually do it.
What I'd want from this is actually an actual KLAW like in melee that can do damage from afar or grab from up close - I want to be able to bite peoples faces off in this game - I've wanted to do melee klaw to metaknight since release - would be SO satisfying. this should have FOUR possible throws if possible. Back and foward can be from melee for all i care - up from brawl. Down should be something similar to charizard's dthrow if possible (soooooo tight)

Down B
2 options. Second would be AMAZING.

Make it so that if you start this move on the ground next to somebody and the first hit lands - both hits land. If this lands on somebody's shield - break it. If this move is used in the air have the startup frames have some sort of a pushback effect like that thing sheik has at the end of her up b or pit's startup on his own up b. last part isn't essential hahaha

OR

Make it so that this move actually SUMMONS a random mario enemy. Goomba, koopa, hammer bro, something that's already in the game (i dunno what else is - i wish magikoopas or lakitus, but my guess is this is your limitation) - BOWSER is ALWAYS using minions - so why not have the actual character use them. One at a time?

The first one is more likely - but I've always wanted to see the second.

Neutral B

alright - the big daddy - also a big change. (I think?)
I'll explain my ideal world situation

First - holding b past a certain point (after the animation to start firebreath would start) should charge a fireball projectile that can't be stored but CAN be aimed - this should NOT be simply firebreath.
Second - PRESSING B and releasing BEFORE you would start the firebreath should start a stream of firebreath (sound weird when you describe it that way!) - pressing b AGAIN and holding should keep the fire going - exact fire from brawl - aimable and everything.
Third - TAPPING b QUICKLY should throw hammers. Yes. THROW HAMMERS. Hammer bros hammers would be nice. The pattern and general behavior for GW bacon would be COMPLETELY acceptable for this.

other moves
-------
Fsmash
If both hits land on a shield - it should break. no questions asked. At least the character should go into a temporary stun of some kind. Maybe a shield break is a bit too harsh - but at least have that do SOMETHING. Come on now - seriously.

Zair
BOWSER SHOULD HAVE A CHAIN CHOMP ZAIR. He doesn't need to be able to throw it - I'm thinking Castlevania whip physics even or something like that - should be a chain chomp and SHOULD be able to be used for recovery.

Side Taunt (bites)
make them do a percent or something come on he's huge and he's biting hard.

mannn bowser is cool - i'd totally play if he was like this - even with PURE brawl physics i'd play this character.

so come on make my dream come truueeee and you've got my full support.

yesssss

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
yes i realize that's a ludicrous request and hardly even belongs in this thread but hey you're hacking and making brawl look cool so i figured i'd ask

also just because it's in melee doesn't mean it should be in brawl

meaning making fox's waveshine work on almost the entire cast is actually pretty dumb - so is the fact that in your trailer falco could shine up air kill puff at OVER 115 PERCENT.

hahahaha

shanus

Smash Hero
yes i realize that's a ludicrous request and hardly even belongs in this thread but hey you're hacking and making brawl look cool so i figured i'd ask

also just because it's in melee doesn't mean it should be in brawl

meaning making fox's waveshine work on almost the entire cast is actually pretty dumb - so is the fact that in your trailer falco could shine up air kill puff at OVER 115 PERCENT.

hahahaha
Since you haven't kept up with this thread, I'll explain why. Basically, we are trying to fine tune everyone's gravity settings and they are basically changing every day. As such, we haven't compensated their weights and we haven't fine tuned/adjusted any vertical knockbacks until the gravity settings have been optimized, otherwise we are just going to have to reinvent the wheel twice.

Regarding the bowser changes, most are actually doable. We'll see how he goes.

ValTroX

Smash Ace
lol Gimpy went a little overboard on Bowser, though I agree on some like UpB, SideB, MAYBE first option of downB(summons are just craziness). Fsmash already has a good shield damage, though i think the first hit shouldn't be as weak as in B+. Also, side taunt doing dmg would be hilarious.

shanus

Smash Hero
lol Gimpy went a little overboard on Bowser, though I agree on some like UpB, SideB, MAYBE first option of downB(summons are just craziness). Fsmash already has a good shield damage, though i think the first hit shouldn't be as weak as in B+. Also, side taunt doing dmg would be hilarious.
Yeah, we kind of planned on stealing part of the bite animations for his klaw again from his taunt

JayFizzy

Smash Cadet
1 - SHDL wasn't hard in melee :p You can SHDL though.
2. Yes. They are.
3. His Bair is like Falco's now, yes.
4. I'm not sure.
5. Again, I'm not sure.
1) no, they have a 2 frame window to do them, which is very hard to do consistently.
2) no, they are not retreatable like they were in melée. You obviously have not played much or any melée.

shanus

Smash Hero
they are currently not retreatable like melee. Haven't found a function yet to enable horizontal control.

The current SHDL window is pretty tight. I haven't measured the frame count on it yet, but its definitely on the tighter side.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
The funny thing about project M is alot of the things implemented were ideas I had for Brawl+ during it's early state. when HAD first came out and all that. I read over this whole thread and I LOL'd hard noticing that lots of the ideas that I and others had that were once rejected now people are jumping and dancing over it.

D

Deleted member

1) no, they have a 2 frame window to do them, which is very hard to do consistently.
2) no, they are not retreatable like they were in melée. You obviously have not played much or any melée.
I find SHDL quite easy, but that's because I've been playing 5+ years.

I didn't read your question properly. I thought you were asking if you could jump away from your opponent and turn around to shoot them, but I know what you mean now. No, you can't do that (yet)

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
omg DeLoRtEd1 still plays? haha been FOREVER

also my post was mostly a joke - but dannnggg if you can do that neutral b stuff i'm in hahahahahahaha

D

Deleted member

omg DeLoRtEd1 still plays? haha been FOREVER

also my post was mostly a joke - but dannnggg if you can do that neutral b stuff i'm in hahahahahahaha
<3 I don't go to tournaments anymore, really.. I would potentially but I'm always busy Saturdays.

...I still have dreams about our matches.

(And Sudowoodo :( )

Pur3 Smash

Smash Cadet
shiek questions?
1. are u going to bring the power/knockback of her fair?
2. are u going to bring back the dair she had in melee?
3.are u going to bring her ridiculous tilts from melee/ or gay needles?
4. if ur going to be making any changes at all to her are u going to be bringing back her gayness like in melee or are u going to keep her identicly to brawl?

if these changes are going to be made to her like she is in melee i know for a fact ima love playing her because shiek is a god to me in melee. her gayness and combo potintal in melee just made me laugh every match i won with her

D

Deleted member

shiek questions?
1. are u going to bring the power/knockback of her fair?
2. are u going to bring back the dair she had in melee?
3.are u going to bring her ridiculous tilts from melee/ or gay needles?
4. if ur going to be making any changes at all to her are u going to be bringing back her gayness like in melee or are u going to keep her identicly to brawl?

if these changes are going to be made to her like she is in melee i know for a fact ima love playing her because shiek is a god to me in melee. her gayness and combo potintal in melee just made me laugh every match i won with her
Let me see if I can get this right.

1. Fair is stronger. More damage and a little bit more knockback. Not broken though.
2. Dair doesn't fall anymore
3. F-tilt doesn't link as well as Melee did. That was broken. U-tilt is better (because Brawl's uptilt is better I think) and d-tilt feels similar.

Pur3 Smash

Smash Cadet
nice bummer shieks ftilts arent as broken,will it have the same combo like easy ftilt to fair? and yea up tilt was better in brawl i agree and thats great dair dont fall anymore that got annoying so it can accualy combo now thats good also what changes did u make for kirby is he nerfed a bit or still good?

JayFizzy

Smash Cadet
they are currently not retreatable like melee. Haven't found a function yet to enable horizontal control.

The current SHDL window is pretty tight. I haven't measured the frame count on it yet, but its definitely on the tighter side.
Thanks, sounds good.

Have you guys made any further progress on the dead frames?

Rikana

Smash Champion
The funny thing about project M is alot of the things implemented were ideas I had for Brawl+ during it's early state. when HAD first came out and all that. I read over this whole thread and I LOL'd hard noticing that lots of the ideas that I and others had that were once rejected now people are jumping and dancing over it.
You're forgetting the fact that Brawl+ wasn't trying to be like Melee and this project is. As much as I loved Melee, the codes back then for "Melee 2.0" weren't good. Its only recently that they came this far because of the hacking scene involving Brawl. They just wanted a better Brawl without a heavy influence of Melee, thus Brawl+, which was good the way it was. This project is taking a different approach which is why most of the things in Melee is coming back.

Rikana

Smash Champion
Why are the dead frames such a hassle to deal with? **** you Sakuraiiii. I'll be happy when dead frames are removed.

camelot

Smash Ace
I've used PSA to fix the dead frame... mostly. The code still has some problems with item use, but works perfectly otherwise (attacks, specials, double jumps, air dodges, z-airs).

shanus

Smash Hero
I've used PSA to fix the dead frame... mostly. The code still has some problems with item use, but works perfectly otherwise (attacks, specials, double jumps, air dodges, z-airs).
Did you try out my 3 line code?

I think there is a "wipe out" function at the beginning of jump which causes the input to be lost from the frame before it and determine which direction to move the jump toward.

Rikana

Smash Champion
But don't we have to take items into consideration before officially using the dead frame codes since there will be characters that need it such as Peach, Diddy, etc? Good to know most of it is done though. That'll make my Brawl+ experience much better.

Does the problem make the game crash like Shanus mentioned?

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Side B
If possible - change this move entirely to be MORE similar to melee - but not exactly the melee grab - this one isn't' necessary because I don't expect you can actually do it.
What I'd want from this is actually an actual KLAW like in melee that can do damage from afar or grab from up close - I want to be able to bite peoples faces off in this game - I've wanted to do melee klaw to metaknight since release - would be SO satisfying. this should have FOUR possible throws if possible. Back and foward can be from melee for all i care - up from brawl. Down should be something similar to charizard's dthrow if possible (soooooo tight)

I got the bite animation done, had to make it from scratch.

I've just been too busy to do anything else lately.
-DD

Dan_X

Smash Lord
Good news!

JC Grabs are now functional :)
That's awesome Shanus! Tbh, I'm not even entirely sure what jump-canceled grabs are. Care to explain? I'm happy to see progression in any way shape or form.

P.S. while I'm at it... I have NO idea how to ledge cancel. I play Falco. Would someone like to give me a scenario to practice? I don't even know what it's suppose to do/look like.

Anyways, keep up the great work guys!

Rikana

Smash Champion
That's awesome Shanus! Tbh, I'm not even entirely sure what jump-canceled grabs are. Care to explain? I'm happy to see progression in any way shape or form.

P.S. while I'm at it... I have NO idea how to ledge cancel. I play Falco. Would someone like to give me a scenario to practice? I don't even know what it's suppose to do/look like.

Anyways, keep up the great work guys!
JC grab: you jump and grab at the same time (X or Y with Z) while you run. You're in your standard grab (as if you were just standing there) but you get much more distance because of the momentum of the dash carries you through. Your delay is also much less than a dash grab. But, your range is never as much as a dash grab but your delay makes up for it.

Ledge cancel: you perform an aerial, any aerial (upBs, sideBs, dAirs, anything), and DI towards a ledge. Because you hit the edge of the ledge and DI off it, you cancel all lag you have from that aerial can instantly do another.

I'll try finding videos for you.

TeSik found the JC grab video for you. Here's Ledge canceling video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORiX3B9aiaE

I'm sorry for asking, but as I could not find any explanation for it anywhere, I rather feel like asking it here:
What exactly are dead frames and what do they cause?
Dead frames are frames where you can't do anything. Literally nothing. Dead frames only seem to appear the first (or few?) frame(s) from jump. So if you press jump and pressed A too quickly, your nAir wouldn't come out. You'd just be jumping without any aerials.

camelot

Smash Ace
Did you try out my 3 line code?

I think there is a "wipe out" function at the beginning of jump which causes the input to be lost from the frame before it and determine which direction to move the jump toward.
I just tried it.

I'm surprised, it worked! So much for the PSA fix I was working on.

edit: Also, the JC grab code lets you grab while you're holding an item. Possible problem...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom