• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EXTENNNDUURRRRRR (samus gen. disc.)

What are your favorite moves?

• Total voters

Corigames

Smash Hero
I played every day at school for around 5-8 hours. Had around 5 people in rotation at all times with the loser sitting out. Just played.
All day.
Every day.

Wake up. Go to school. Play for a few hours. Go to class. Get out, play for a while. Get something to eat. Play some more. Go to class. Get out, play until my ride was ready. Go home and play with him. Sleep. Then do it again. Copy paste over 2 and a half years.

I got burnt on it. Sorry if that's not good enough for you, but it was for me :/

i have a question, corey
how long has that metroid been your avatar?
Um... when I was trolling Brawl players in early 08 I had awesomeguy as my avatar. Then, by the time everyone realized Brawl was a joke and I got serious again, I switched back to the Metroid. So, probably since Fall 08.

Why?

resTy

Smash Champion
That's a lot of games O.O
I nerd in my room probably two or three days a week for one to two hours.
Then my crew plays games every Thursday and Friday and sometimes Saturday for a while.
Five to eight hours is pretty crazy though, especially if you're only using Samus.
I only use Samus in friendlies maybe five times throughout the night because nobody like's fighting Tyser's Samus for some reason; I use mostly Fox.
Yeah, cool story huh? Thank me later.

Alukard

Smash Hero
LMFAO ... i'm sry but wats the point of playing for hours and not progressing and not getting that good at all nor going to tournies ... makes no sense LMFAO

Corigames

Smash Hero
Because, Ally, it's called having friends.

It was fun. Every day and every match was worth playing and I would do it all again the same way if I could. This game, this amazing and fantastic smash brothers game, has given me a great circle of friends even if most of them don't play anymore. Even if most of them aren't as good as me and, therefore, don't improve which leads to me not improving.

I.
Don't.
Care.

I have fun. You know when I also have fun? Going to tournaments. The most fun is when you go with friends, but you can't always have that :3 But if you can't see the point in playing a game for hours with people you like and have a more than enjoyable experience, then I really don't know what to say.

Kudos to you? Seriously...
Five to eight hours is pretty crazy though, especially if you're only using Samus.
Well, that is 5-8 spread over the whole day. Also, I play Roy, Falcon, and Fox in friendlies, but they are no where close to my Samus by any stretch of the imagination.

Alukard

Smash Hero
I Do See It But I Just Dont Understand How U Need A Break ... When All U Really Have To Do Is Be Like Yo Guys I Can't Play Today And Ease Up The Playing Since U Aren't Competitive About It ... I Dont Understand Ur John Saying U Haven't Played In A Long Time ... I Take Breaks From This Game Too But When I Ocme Back It Takes 1 Day Of Playing ... About 5 Hours Or So And I'm Back To The Same Speed ...

Alukard

Smash Hero
just saying tho ... dont post johns ... first step of getting better is admitting u suck

just like i suck in singles

Alukard

Smash Hero
i don't suck
welll then go win a tourney because according to u ... theres nothing wrong with ur A game ... LOL

seriously tho ... we john too much in the samus forums .. lets step it up some?

ima try to use her this weekend at my no johns ... but everyone in tristate use CF falco or are really good vs her overall ... but i'll do my best and let u guys know any input i can share =D

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
nah i'm waiting for hugo to get good again so i can show him up

lololol

for the record i don't have johns
johns are FOR THE WEAK
i'm an arcadian now
i hope to one day be a spartan

Corigames

Smash Hero
I Take Breaks From This Game Too But When I Ocme Back It Takes 1 Day Of Playing ... About 5 Hours Or So And I'm Back To The Same Speed ...
When you want to get back up to speed, who do you play against? Someone anywhere near as good as you? Do you have to ride a bus or pay for any other transportation to get to them? How long are they available?

I can't get better with my friends as I've already established. The AZ guys get together frequently, but it is always during my work hours. You see, I work about 9 hours on Saturdays and Sundays and I close on Fridays. The weekends are pretty much off limits because that's where/when I make all my money. As is right now, I go into debt ever 1st of the month and can't afford much until my next paycheck.

Now, this means that if I want to get good again and play competitively, I would need to change my work schedule and possibly lose hours which, in turn, makes me go into debt further each month. And for what? So that I can jerk off to my own ego about how good I am at this game? To me, that's not worth it. I will say though, that I do plan on getting a new job soon (this one sucks) and, if that happens, I'm just going to make sure my availability stays open to accommodate for Melee.

Until then, I can't do much.

just saying tho ... dont post johns ... first step of getting better is admitting u suck
I suck.

Now are you going to pee on that and continue a fruitless pissing contest? I like you Ally, I don't want to burn bridges, but it feels like you are just trying to troll me. If you have a legitimate complaint, please present it; however, if all you are going to do is repeat the same position over and over about how you feel that I am unjustified in my time away from this game and my inability to stay engaged in it over long periods of time without presenting any new evidence, I say we stop here before this proceeds to anger.

You're a cool dude. I don't like to John, but when you put me in a corner and say, "Why do you BLAH BLAH BLAH." or "Why aren't you BLAH BLAH BLAH." my only possible answer can be construed as Johns. Sorry.

tl;dr
I suck. Now shut up.

Alukard

Smash Hero
listen i didn't even bother to read all that crap ... just the first line ... to get up to speed is being technical (PLAYING BY YOURSELF) ... if u have mindgames they will always be there ... i've trained jman(my brother) to be wat he is today ... and we dont play anymore and haven't since deadly alliance played melee competitive ... and now he wants to play with me again since he sees he isn't the best ... thats an amazing thing to have ... and i feel the samus forums is lacking it ... that motivation to bring/push the character to the limits ... i really feel that she has the potential to win ... hugs has proved this ... but that ***** is johning about being old ... IMO he just needs some oil in them joints ^_- also i would love if we could share insight HUGS!!!(u better name search son lolol) kinda like hax and scar do/did ... they said it did them wonders =]

if u are/were good .. getting back to normal speed shouldn't take more then about 2-3 days of like 5 hour playing ...

And i'm not pissing on **** ... just saying that u shouldn't put up vids and describe them as o i haven't played in a long time ... when by just watching a couple of minutes ... i can tell thats not the case ...everyone has responsibilities bro ... i'm just tired of everyone complaining in the boards of my favorite character ... sry i kinda did take it out on you lol ... but its like we dont try ... we just "talk" about match ups and how we CANNOT win ... (altho i feel like equal skill ... jiggs vs samus ... jiggs has toooooo much XD ) we really need help there we have basically nothing

but still can we please just share optimism and less complains/johns ... that also means me too ... if u see me do it ... POINT IT OUT!!! ... ALSO ... CAN WE PLEASE STOP WITH THE CRAPPY ADVICE ... "just sheild and up b ... and/or WD oos fsmash .... cmon yo that can only do so much lolol

now lets **** some sheik/marth !!!! =]]]]]]]

rhan

Smash Hero
Not everyone lives in a well populated area for Smash like you do Alu. We also don't have that many GOOD players like NY has.

It actually takes some of us an hour or two just to get to be in the same area as decent players.

Just stating my opinion. You can't get mad at others because thier community sucks.

Alukard

Smash Hero
Not everyone lives in a well populated area for Smash like you do Alu. We also don't have that many GOOD players like NY has.

It actually takes some of us an hour or two just to get to be in the same area as decent players.

Just stating my opinion. You can't get mad at others because thier community sucks.
i'm sry if it sounds like thats wat i'm saying ... and nyc doesn't play anymore... theres really no one to play here ... seriously its pretty bad ... which is why i'm trying to get people to talk here so i can take a couple ideas or mayb come up with some and try to do them in friendlies/tourney matches at my weekly saturday ...

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
you know what
how bout everyone shut the **** up
and start talking about samus ****
you guys don't need to justify yourselves to each other

ima just sneak in a <3 here and a lol just to show that i still love you guys

corey
i am stealing that little up angled ftilt thing you do to marths when they fair like you did on that GMM guy
also
i was gonna post there how you double jumped at some point while he was in front of you instead of recovering which was pretty dumb but w/e you see it here now

Corigames

Smash Hero
we just "talk" about match ups and how we CANNOT win
I have never said that
I will never say that
I will never think that
I will never come to that conclusion
Samus is the best.
I am just not... yet at least.

"theres really no one to play here ... seriously its pretty bad"
"i've trained jman(my brother) to be wat he is today ... and now he wants to play with me again since he sees he isn't the best ... thats an amazing thing to have"
Exactly

Also...
nyc doesn't play anymore...my weekly saturday ...
:/
If NYC doesn't play anymore, but you have a weekly Sat event, isn't that a little contradictive?

And, yes, I hate drama; but if someone you look up to started calling you a has-been-that-never-was, you would get a little frustrated, maybe even litigious.

Lastly, if you want to know why I chose that video, I would gladly point out everything I wanted to. Good and bad.

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
i hope you did not misunderstand my post
i believe you are amazing
it's just you never really show it
and it is hard for you to prove cuz of your stuff
i was just saying cuz it was the thing that stood out to me the most lol

Corigames

Smash Hero
i hope you did not misunderstand my post
i believe you are amazing
it's just you never really show it
and it is hard for you to prove cuz of your stuff
i was just saying cuz it was the thing that stood out to me the most lol
Well, thank you. But you are completely justified in pointing out my mistakes. That's how we improve. That's quite literally the point of the critique thread. If I, or anyone else for that matter, could improve Samus completely independent from this community, that I wouldn't post here. But I do, so that means I expected to get something out of it just as I try to put stuff in.

Alukard

Smash Hero
no i meant like practice ... like theres just weeklies and we usually just get 15 people ... now it might be double or a little less

Corigames

Smash Hero
I just realized your location is Arizona.
Isn't Axe and Forward and Taj and Wobbles from there?
AXE and Forward are in Tuscon, about a 2 hour drive. Totally worth it though to go to Tuscon and play with them and everyone else. Taj is in Gilbert, but he is retired and hasn't played in an eon or two so I have been told. I really don't know what's up with Wobbles. He seems to jump back and forth from TX, AZ, and NM and I haven't seen him post in the AZ thread in a while either.

But there are a ton of AZ players, but my situation still stands as an issue (also, I don't know if I mentioned it or not, but I don't have a car or bike... I walked to work... which I'm headed to now. Good day.)

resTy

Smash Champion
Yeah, I watched Taj's Mewtwo wreck people on the Pound Live Stream.
It was disturbing in the best way possible.
How far did Taj get anyways?
Someone told me he went all Mewtwo only.

Alukard

Smash Hero
Yeah, I watched Taj's Mewtwo wreck people on the Pound Live Stream.
It was disturbing in the best way possible.
How far did Taj get anyways?
Someone told me he went all Mewtwo only.
definitely did not go all mewtwo lol ... i think he used him a few times on randomz

Pi

Smash Hero
picture this
falco vs. samus FD
falco gets naired
misses a tech
SWD chases his roll
reverse FSmash for the kill

can someone help with the Yoshi matchup?

I honestly don't see why he's bottom tier with all the decent moves he has (other than the obvious no 3rd jump)

but yeah, anybody know the matchup well?

Pi

Smash Hero
He has to roll out of his shield...
like...
he has to.

learn to punish his roll and you win.

Also...

I'm going to start winning tournaments with samus pretty soon
so
I'll let you guys know whats up

I'm starting to learn and adapt and refine my playstyle

I would appreciate advice on the Ganon & sheik matchup though
Ganon moreso than sheik
Do we really just need to stay grounded?
My friend's been playing ganon and what I've been doing, since samus really can't afford to throw out a move that doesn't hit any where near her opponent, is forcing him to the ground, and become imobile(ish) either by missiling, or feigning an attack, then short hopping to land just behind him, waiting for him to jump out of his shield then attacking. Or predicting his jump with a fair or nair. And if he doesn't jump then I don't throw out that move, or last second nair into jab shield pressure -> roll chase

I hate characters that make it really hard to effectively do fancy **** with platforms by eliminating most of the options off of them

I play my friends jiggs quite a bit, and he's by no means tourney viable, I beat him consistently, but I feel that, a smart jiggs vs. samus played RIGHT, IS going to run the timer out.

Unless the samus player is on a whole nother level than the jiggs player.

You just have to pick and choose your openings so sparingly that I fail to see how a smart jiggs player could possibly give you enough to lead to 4 stocks gone.

resTy

Smash Champion
I represented Samus at Hot Dickings on Sunday.
Ended up getting 5th out of 48 people.
Got knocked out by members of my own crew XD.

resTy

Smash Champion
I got a question again.
I don't know what to do against really patient Marths.
I fought a dude who didn't really do anything but space out and do Fairs all day long.
By doing this, he ***** my face.
I shot missles and then tried to follow up after he destroyed em but to no avail.
I think I just got grabbed or something gay.
But yeah, how do you beat a patient Marth whose also pretty technical and nerdy?

try waveshielding in front of him to see how he reacts

also, dash dance to mess up his spacing

a well timed and well placed dash attack can sometimes interrupt his shffl fair

it's possible to up angled ftilt him out of a shffl fair

basically, space your *** off to not get hit by any fairs, shield and punish any fsmashes/dash attacks/laggy moves.

if you can get under him, do it and utilt/uair.

Top Bottom