• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

vs falco

Xilo Pryce

Smash Lord
what to do to get around laserz?
not too much to do there, if they're SHLing a bit higher, when they get close a raptor boost could be useful. But mostly you just need to not get trapped by them. Platforms help a lot, and wavelanding will help with the approach (confuse them, make them think you're closer) Generally falcos use them to approach (not always). Just don't try to shield grab too much and pay attention to his position.

I don't know what else to say about that

D

Deleted member

fight them as fast as you can in their face so they don't have time to laser

Hax

Smash Champion
alright so nair is definitely the best way to stop EHDL, followed by dair. when u bair your feet kindof go below you and falco can shoot them, its pretty gay

with nair and dair the bottom of your bodybox is a hitbox though

Bob Money

Smash Ace
manipulating platforms is really good vs falco; jumping onto pforms above you really scares him into jumping which works cause if you run off he's above you, which is what you want
SOOO smart. Good ****.

also Dash attack is amazing as a quick ''gtfo my nuts'' move. It's very unpredictable. Also don't be afraid to tech chase with dash attack if you think the knee or stomp might not hit.
It's more important to get falco off the stage than ''reading techs'' If you see that it will get him off the stage you gotta do it.
This might sound dumb but Down smash is a legitimate shield pressure move. Smashes on falco at low-mid percents can get him off the stage or in a tech chase situation. Alot of Falcos (even the good ones) Roll or CC as soon they expect Jabs. Down smash covers options and smash is ****ed up , it hits through **** sometimes.

Hax

Smash Champion
^word, dsmash is mad good vs shield. can't be punished

i disagree about dash attack being good for techchasing. if you're able to dash attack, you're also able to grab them, the latter being much much better

dash attack is amazing for edgeguarding falco. i wait for the sound of the phantasm and dash attack the edge, it stops them in their tracks and you can follow with stomp etc

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
I got beat by falco again in tournament and I'm more frustrated than ever.

I did infinitely better versus sheiks and puffs, matchups I find so much easier...

**** falco

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
So I was reading the falco guide on how to fight falcon, (hoping to gain insight on the matchup) and this really seemed to sum it up. "Just pressure Falcon and stay offensive and laser him to keep him from gaining opportunities to attack"

So what seems to be the best idea to me is to get falco on the defensive. (it's also when I've had the most success against falcos) The hard part seems to be doing that. :) Perhaps we can use all of these situational things to create opportunities to gain momentum.

Another point the thread made was that falcon can close in very quickly against lazering, and to watch out for that. Perhaps our best "bread and butter" strategy against falco is to close in asap and give relentless attack. From watching mango vids against falco, shielding the lazer> shuffle oos comes up a lot as well. That looks as if it would work well.

Snowmanthatknows

Smash Journeyman
When, when, when? I haven't been to a f*cking tourney in so long, right before every one I go to, something pops up and I can't make it.

Head out to Smash club one of these nights.

Back on topic, Falco sucks, boo.

kthnxbye.

telemaster

Chime and Twang
NNID
telemaster
how about wavedashing out of light shield as another option against falco's pressure? if you screw it up and get hit with some of falco's attacks, light shield moves you away from further pressure right?

D

Deleted member

i believe falco, unless he camps like a huge douchebag, should be fought with extreme aggression

some tips:

gentleman ***** if Falco doesn't crouch cancel to shine at low percents. You can get away with it if you are spaced well though. I'd check to see if the opponent knows about cc-> shine, if he doesn't then gentlemen a lot. Gentlemen are still good at mid-high percents even if opponent ducks because it will knock them down

shield turn-arounds, dash-->shield are really good. n-airs out of shield are great most of the time

shield turn arounds **** since while you run away from an aggressing falco you can duck, turn around shield and be able to n-air out of shield effectively

i like to trade falco's down-air with up-air if they do a fulljump d-air or something, thats just me though

never get frustrated or give up since one major mistake falco makes equals easy stock kill

tubes

Smash Ace
If you jump backwards you can Fosbury Flop over Falco's lasers. Kinda situational but it looks slick as hell.

Top Bottom