• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

Alzi

Smash Master
Quetz is a very old member from the scene judging by his join date and he use to play **** melee with bringer back in the old days.

There was another fox player who attended one of the Arena tournaments? He uses fox and he vsed me in crew battles who was he?

Richard7

Smash Ace
Quetz is a very old member from the scene judging by his join date and he use to play **** melee with bringer back in the old days.

There was another fox player who attended one of the Arena tournaments? He uses fox and he vsed me in crew battles who was he?

That would of most likely of been Eric, his tag name was like Synic (I dunno how to spell it exactly). Main reason he stopped coming afaik is cus of work/uni.

Alzi

Smash Master
Yeah thats the one.

It's just when we start eastern invasion 3 we have to try get us much people as we can even if it's just 1 extra person.

So our tourneys have gotten a max of 32 people. Gametraders tournament got 61 or so people and yet no one from the scene was even there only sam and a few others. We should be getting alot of people from east. The people who play SFIV might also join in some brawl for fun.

Amount of people entering brawl singles i would say around 200 people.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Gametraders tournament got 61 or so people and yet no one from the scene was even there only sam and a few others.
There was 64 max and they had a ton of people come on the day to register though it was full. Also if no one from the scene was there...how was sam, myself and others there? Phrase does not compute.

Amount of people entering brawl singles i would say around 200 people.
Ahahahahahaha! There was only around 100 or so at Rocky, no way we'll hit 200.

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
Doubles start at 10.30_? Ah **** i woke up at 7_ Guess i'll see you guys around 9ish and get in a power nap or something_ It's gonna be a long and lonely train ride this morning_ Got some great stories for anyone interested just hit me up later in the day when i'm not struggling to use my brain muscle_

Sam has a gf_?

Vlade

Social Outcast
Bob you just got successfully trolled :p

Man so pumped for today, see you all there :) Remember that I'm gunning for friendlies of all games which include: Brawl, Melee, 64 and Tatsunoko vs Capcom :D

Alzi

Smash Master
That is so fake.

Bob i was pretending to be sam to Braddles i am lost if he was trolling me or i was i am just completly lost atm lol.

Can't wait to see the results of BOTH tournaments would be cool to watch lol.

Mic i am sure we will hit 200. We can tell our Geralton friend to advertise it there alot. Us north guys can advertise it in these main area's here such as clarkson, Joondalup Whitfords and people who live close in the city can do it there and south people can get some from there. I am seriously confident we will get alot of people coming to this.

We are going to need someone controlling Brawl, Melee, SFIV, TVC those area's each need 1 or 2 people from the scene monitaring those area's and controlling them on who vs's who and adding in the results.

Alzi

Smash Master
I can't wait until Glenn completly owns the tournament both of them i shall say.

Then if he is succesful i think he will win RoboCop.

Edit: Mic was also correct about that new pokemon:

I am glad i am out of pokemon lol.

cHeWe

Smash Apprentice
twas an awesome tourney 2day, wil do proper shout outs and stuff l8r, but briefly sam ric didnt come so got DQ so allister and glenn played GF of last tourney and glenn won in some pretty intense matches lol. 2nd tournament was really funny cos glenn then came 5th or something not so good lol, with allister taking 1st and andre coming 2nd. Not really sure the rest

was fun looking foward 2 the next 1 :bee:

Alzi

Smash Master
Hmm i find it alittle unfair that you guys continued the tournament when richard or samuel wern't even there. I mean if they did go and came late it would of been ok but they completly didn't go.

But i actually like this because GLENN WON WOOO. I doubt we will see ANY diffrent in the power rankings at all.

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Alzi, Sam told us he wasn't going. We can't hold off tournaments for people. They knew when it was happening so their problem.

Still great fun the weekend was, and go me and Jesse with the Mother rapeage...Kane you are too lucky :p

May do shout outs, may not.........Waffles

Alzi

Smash Master
It should be completed when everyone is actually there. Not when only two people come. But i don't mind because GLENN WOO.

Jupz

Smash Master

I'm officially calling glen vs vlade set the best in perth history. **** was intense. i think the building exploded at the end lol. seriously after you see the set and the ending you'll be glad we played it :)

shoutouts laters

Alzi

Smash Master
My favourite grand finals is when Vlade tripped and got up smashed then sam tripped straight after it lol.

I am keen to watch every video I HOPE THEY GET UPLOADED SOME VIDS FROM LAST TOURNAMENT HAVEN'T.

Oh yeah BTW GUYS! What events are we having AT EASTERN INVASION 3?

BRAWL
MELEE
STREET FIGHTER 4
TVC
BLAZEBLUE?

I will just put captain falcon randomlly in this picture aswell so it evens out lol.

Pete278

Smash Lord
My favourite grand finals is when Vlade tripped and got up smashed then sam tripped straight after it lol.

I am keen to watch every video I HOPE THEY GET UPLOADED SOME VIDS FROM LAST TOURNAMENT HAVEN'T.

Oh yeah BTW GUYS! What events are we having AT EASTERN INVASION 3?

BRAWL
MELEE
STREET FIGHTER 4
TVC
BLAZEBLUE?

I will just put captain falcon randomlly in this picture aswell so it evens out lol.

Alzi, read my blog if you want updates on the info.

Trillest

Smash Ace
Doin the whole shout out thing awesome tourney so many metagays :p

Nasch: ANDH nuff said :D gw today
Bob:ZSS srsly do it do it ddo it :D she can kill ^^ (btw whats it with u and female characters? yes olimar is a ***** :p)
Glenn: GW in GF's but man focus your powers and u will **** ^^
Chewe: GG's soz but josh(quetz) was friendlying me with peach all b4 that was in the kill peach zone
Josh(quetz): SRSLY MAN U IS A BEAST!! so much pressure u apply with peach, makes me sad u havent played a lot of brawl we gonna have you power ranked if you start practicing
Mugza: Gw in the matches DW ima learn snake i'll just channel proxy ^^
Jesse: Man just a good time chatting with ya soz bout all those spikes had to rep for kane :p
Marteh: After andeh u the mk slayer :D
Pete: a tourney match win ^^
Techno: Work on teh mindset and you will start to climb them placings
Vlade: almost on yoshis, you played well today how2approach?
Braddles and Tails: soz guys didnt watch u play but ur both cool srsly why did chicken treat hate me :(
Trav: GIANT ROBOT FIGHTING FORCE! PTX4LYF
Jase(JUPZ): Nice tourney!

Hope i didnt forget any1 ^^ Snake will be coming!
I will make it my sole purpose to beat that Meta#%@&%&@%#@#%&@#%@^@!@#%$%^!$Knight!

^^

MTGod

Smash Champion
Y'see, Kane just wasn't mentally prepped for Team Pimps of Delusional Illegality, so I understand why you had to step it up Trill :D Srsly tho gud wrk n da spyks bru!!!111!!

Still, this tournament was pretty awesome - I got my money's worth of matches, saw some really ****ed up ****, and a lot of realisations were made today, including me johning uncontrollably, so I need to get that in check lest I start maining Marth (mainly sorry to Quetz/Josh, I'll admit now that your Peach > my Lucas :p)... I'll do shoutouts when I have a shower... Too much brawl makes people smell D:

Vlade

Social Outcast
Awesome tournament, everyone's improved a lot and I'm very impressed with how everyone did today.

So without further adieu, SHOUTOUTZ TIME

Kane: THANK YOU SO MUCH for letting us round your house for the tournament, I am very grateful to you. Also good games in singles, you made me play metaknight which I don't like :( Falco vs ICs is tough but I think winnable though I didn't want to risk it in tournament. Do you still have that Hori Real Arcade Pro by any chance?

Jupz: Thanks for organising it all, much appreciated. Also huge thanks for being my doubles partner, we'll win it next time! :D I'll watch the videos and see what we were doing wrong.

Glenn: Awesome grand finals set, that was the best ending to a match I've ever experienced and I'm sure everyone would agree :D Thanks for the TvC friendlies too!

Andre: Intense matches for singles, you had me worried there! Also congratulations in doubles, you guys deserved the win because you've improved so much as a team.

Trav: Congratulations on doubles, shame we didn't get any 64 in :( Maybe next time

Andy: Tight MM lol, your win was well deserved, you pretty much had me figured out in the end since my MK's fairly linear lol. Also very close in the last match of our singles set.

Pete: Sorry we didn't get any TvC friendlies in :( Thanks for commentating though! I'll try and get the matches up asap, hopefully the bulk of them this week at least.

Mic: Awesome shirt, awesome commentary :D

Trill: Almost had me on yoshi's! And dontcha just lurrve metaknight? :D

Jesse: VERY close game 1 of our set, keep up the good work

Marteh: We never played at all today :p

Rick: Solid stuff in doubles man, you've come a long way since your first tournament. Your girlfriend seemed like a very nice person so props to you :)

Tails: Sweet seeing ya again, nice work in doubles, I felt you had improved since the last time we played, despite the fact that you claim you haven't touched brawl for a long while XD

Brad: Awesome to meet ya, an awesome addition to our scene :D Again nice stuff you did there in doubles, looking forward to playing you again!

Bob: Hope you get some sleep tonight lol

Josh: Nice to meet you, your peach is beastly from what I saw/experienced. Also interesting to hear about your perspective on melee and brawl. :)

Errr hope I didn't forget anyone, I mainly only did shoutoutz for people that I played today.

One last thing....FRIGATE ORPHEON MUST BE BANNED FOR ALL FUTURE TOURNAMENTS!

MTGod

Smash Champion
Oh man, completely forgot to do shoutouts :p Okay, here they are:

First and foremost, more thanks to Kane for being a champ and hosting the tournament at his place... You put up with a lot of **** man, so mad props to ya, and I hope that me letting you win Munchkin was sufficient compensation for falling asleep while the drunkards raised hell T.T

Secondly, thanks to Jupz for organising the tournament - tough luck with the Church being booked, man... Still turned out awesome, congrats on your matches too (especially the mass fsmashes in GF doubles :p)

Thirdly, big thanks to Marty for putting up with me Usmashing the **** out of him today :p I reckon if we had some practice and actually learned how to execute our strategies we could kill the **** out of the rest of them - did you see the havoc we caused in the minds of everyone but Trav and Andre :D:D:D??? Classic **** :p Next time we be getting the Ness v Lucas match recorded fo' sho'!!!

Now that the massive thanks are out of the way, more shoutouts :p

Tails: Unlucky in our friendlies man - it's a bit of an uphill battle for you when I've got perfect timing with my projectile-reflecting stick, which is a very rare feat :p You'll probably **** me next time to make up for the epic luck I had against you today :p

Pete: We still going one for one eh :p, but still no tourney match... Look forward to the day we actually play with stakes :D Sorry for being so lame in the commentary - I get too sucked into the game and just zone out lol...

Mic: Only got to play you a couple of times (incl. a doubles match with Graeme) but I feel we need more matches... Low tier matches are heaps of fun :D I know how disappointed you must have felt when you realised I didn't get a lift with you, but in the end I decided to relinquish the spot to Trav to drive some more people... I hope you understand :D

Trav: Good **** in doubles man! Definitely beat me fair and square in the first game, but I call incompetency johns in the second one (c'mon, I swam into the rudder... :p)... Still, you and Andre seem to have a strategy that works for you , so keep it up

Andre: First grand finals :D??? Nice work man, you almost got there!!! I need to get a recorded match with you soon to find out what I can improve, since you probably know the Lucas MU (rather, MY Lucas MU :p) the best :D

Alex: Man, I have a feeling it was just the MU that won me the match today - Lucas is a ****ing 'tard to play against if you've never played him before, especially with the Usmash :p Good games, though, look forward to playing you again!

Glenn (_cherv_ for Scabe :p): FARKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK that was a tense first game!!!!!!!! ****in' turtles :p Still, amazing stuff, and well done on the stage kill with Sopo to win you the prior tournament :p Shame your reign as champ didn't last more than a day :p

Alister: Again, FARKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK that was a tense first game!!!!!!!! :p:p:p I sorta got the feeling you were sandbagging me a bit still, so not too happy with that since I can't actually tell how much I'm improving; hopefully you'll go all out on me in future... Don't know what happened in our second game, eh :p I think I just lost focus or something... Anyway, good stuff with the win, and yes, Frigate Orpheon must be banned :D

Trill: Lolspikes :p How to get someone to not accept your help::: become an Elf :p

Rick: Jeez Rick, you're too ****ing calm and collected... Where's the rage!!!??? Where's the fury!?!?!? Where's the MADNESS!?!?!? Still, good work on doubles - as much as you think Andy was carrying you I really think you should have a look at some of those matches; I think you'll be surprised at how well you played for the most part :D Hope this tournament got you closer to choosing a main :p

Andy: As much as I hate your Diddy, you've given me awesome MU experience that I can abuse against others, so thanks for that :D Metaknight slayer, indeed :D

Brad: Nice to meet you man, hope you had fun at your first tournament... Don't be discouraged by the result - you did better than I did first tourney :D Hope to see you at future ones, and also good luck with your pennants season eh???

Bob: Man, you definitely weren't playing anywhere near your best today... I've seen the craziness you're capable of with Sheik, and I will admit it, I was a little relieved to hear you had 4 hours sleep :D Me being a selfish prick aside, I do hope I get to play you when you're at your top sometime soon!!!

Graeme: You don't come on here anyway, but hopefully someone forwards this message to you: Someone will be stealing your car keys at the next event if you're drinking...

Weegee: Seems like the hype has died down for you, man... Have you noticed the correlation between shoryukens and hype yet??? Tells you something about your gameplay, does it not??? Needs more upB...

Next tournament I be ****ing top 8, so watch out :D

Quetzalcoatl

Smash Ace
Sorry but I really can't remember hardly anyone's names so bear with me:

First guy I versed, Ness/Marth player: It sucks to be out in the first round, but your Marth was troublesome, thanks for the game

Andre: I was a bit anxious versing meta knight seeing as I have zero experience against it so I'm pretty happy with how it went, the beam sword won me the second round I think, last match coulda gone without me SD'ing but it looked grim for me anyway. Congrats on second place.

Bob/Rob (Zelda/Sheik player): Sorry I didn't catch if it was Rob or Bob, anyway you shouldn't give up on your main, your Sheik is good and she's a solid character in general, i got whooped on the brinstar counter pick, nice one. It was a shame about the team fights, I think we put up a good fight anyway which is a good way to lose. Maybe we shoulda both gone Zelda.

Braddles: Another fellow Zelda player! I can relate with how frustrating it can be to deal with some of her shortcomings as well (recovery), and it was unfortunate that you lost some of your stock because of it but the last fight was close and I look forward to seeing how your Zelda progresses.

Lord Bowser: Honestly I was really worried I was going to be knocked out by Bowser in this tournament after I was being subject to some very interesting tactics and solid play. Your GW was really tough though, I'm still lamenting my roll into your upsmash, but that was simply being outplayed, well done.

Trill: Thanks for showing me some of the ropes and passing on the useful info that I'm gonna really need to know if I want to be coming back again to these tournaments. I think we got a ton of matches and it was all good fun, ROB is great and Snake looks like he's lurking around the corner.

Diddy Kong Player: I think we only got 1 or 2 games in but I was impressed with the control over the character, not just against me but when I was watching you verse other people.

The 2 guys who took turns at versing me (Lucas player and Nintendo shirt guy): Awesome fun, look forward to more matches, I would suggest reconsidering dropping lucas though!

Vlade: Congrats on winning, unfortunately we only got one game in, would have liked to play more, We can always play melee next time, its no biggy

Kane: Unfortunately we didn't get to do 1v1's (at least I don't remember), but I could see from the team matches we played and from other games it would be an uphill fight, thanks of course for hosting for everyone, it was a fun filled action packed adventure for all the boys.. and girl.
Actually scrap girl, she looked positively bored off her face.

Thanks for the lift to and from the station as well of course.

PS consider investing in air conditioning.

and of course saving the best for last:

Mic: Thanks for inviting me along for the tourney today, I think you may have convinced me to give this 'Brawl' thing a go. If not for the game, then for the great community that seems to have evolved. Really though, you're the only one who stuck with the game and the community all the way and now I feel like I've been missing out after coming today. A true gamer right to the end, these guys are lucky to know you and I'm even luckier for knowing you for longer.

Thanks again everyone

True Romance

Smash Ace
Full Results of Mic Gave Me a Lift is as follows,

1st - Vlade (Falco,MK)
2nd - Muzga (MK)
3rd - Roman (ICs, MK, D3)
4th - Nasch (Diddy)
5 th - Jupz (MK, D3)
5th - Lord Bowser (Bowser, GnW)
7th - Trill (Rob, MK)
7th - Glenn (ICs)
9th - Pete (MK)
9th - Techno (Snake)
9th - Quets (Peach)
9th - MTGod (Lucas)
13th - Tails (Link?)
13th - Weegee (Wigi)
13th - Braddles (Zelda?)
13th - Alex (Peach?)
17th - Mic (PT)
17th - Brsk_ (Sheik, ZSS)
17th - Marteh (Ness. MArth)

I'm pretty tired lol, so I'll do full shout outs tomorrow but I'd like to just say I hope everyone enjoyed the weekend and good **** to Braddles and Quetz for heading up to the tourney. You both seemed like tops guys and our community needs as many as your sort as you can get, so please come back next tourney :p

Trillest

Smash Ace
There was too much Mk in Melbourne today. >=/

makes rob sadface =<

everyones joining the darkside T~T
I feel your pain <3 btw if i ever head over east for a tourney will you double rob with me ^^
Always wanted to try that! don't feel pressured by the fact you dont know me or have never seen me play :D

To my defence i tried to be a smasrt arse and mk ditto an mk mainer it kinda didnt work :p

Top Bottom