• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 7 - It's Over, Nothing to See Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katapultar

Smash Lord
Guess page 44's gonna be undibbed.

[size=+3]Yukari Yukomo[/size]
It's not a bad set. Everyone will tell you that for sure.

First off, the organisation is super funky:

۩ and ╚══════════════════════════════════════╝
great job using these. Didn't know how to do that.

There's a lot of detail in the statstics, but clearly you've put in some great effort, so I praise you for attempting such a feat.

I didn't watch the video, bu the Final Smash sounds really hellish, REALLY HELLISH. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Ummm... yeah, just realised the portal image is in the image of Yukari. Guess that be best a slight word of mention in the Neutral Special.

I don't really have any nitpicks. None at all. Maybe a bit overpowered with her range, but this makes up with the end lag of her attacks and (from what I see) low knockback. Excellent set, lots of effort. I knew you wouldn't let us down.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Obamasnow:
I really like the changes from the original that you brought into this remicks. And I must say, the concept of snow just makes this baby stand out from the pack. But reading through it...Abomasnow can just seem overpowered in places. The playstyle specifically states that one mistake can screw you over, but good players just might not make those mistakes, and would end up dominating matches by making an impenetrable fortress while healing himself. That aside, you've added some awesome new concepts to this snow monster. Reading him reminded me of Bleak; we need more cold characters in MYM! While I don't think he's your best work, per se, I could easily see Abomasnow going far this time around.

Yukari:
And now we've come to the first Merge set in three contests, and it's a...portal user. This oughta be good. Yukari is one of those characters that takes Smash mechanics themselves and alters them around. She has quite a few mechanics, not all of which seem essential to her character, but whatever. I can forgive that due to the return of the directional air-dodge. Now, it's obvious you've put a lot of effort into Yukari, and it really paid off. Using portals in all the ways she does is a most intriguing style that deviates from the MYM norm. Her techniques to build damage with the portals, especially via grabs, were damn clever and made for an interesting read. I don't like how some of her playstyle seems to be aimed at shutting down campers, but even then, Yukari pulls it off in a new, unique way. She's easily one of the better sets so far, in my opinion.

HyperGumba

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Taro_Kuroyoko
3DS FC
4227-1462-6701
Yukari Yakumo:

As a player of the Touhou series I would really approve this character to make it in Brawl as a PSA character. This wish got even stronger while reading the whole set,you seem to have thought about everything,massive use of bullets,the graze, Yukari's use of portals, her FS and her Last word (or better FS including it) just wow.
It seems even balanced,atlthough her range is obviously godlike,but her end lag and low knockback (correct me if I didn't get it right) projectiles seem to make her her advantage kinda even.
The only thing which is nearly impossible to implement without people complaining would be her Final Smash. There won't be any normal people who play Brawl that would accept 9 minutes only dodging a thousands of bullets,lasers and what not.
I am not even talking about the difficulty to make it out alive of this Final Smash,I doubt that there are much people on the world who defeated Yukari in Phantasm in PCB (I never actually managed get to Ran in Extra Stage...),but it's pretty obvious that this can't be made through without losing,if you haven't practiced this for years.
Well,I think it would be actually okay if the Smash Ball had some extra resistance against bullets,since she can spam thousands of them which will hit it for sure.
I personally would accept her FS,even with the long duration,since I am a great fan of the series and I really hope that someone will go and actually make an awesome moveset out of this (which I doubt that would be possible).

In any case,great job on that one.

Junahu

Smash Ace
Yukari: I'm going to start off with my main complaint; Most of the attacks were creating their own portals, instead of doing what they should have been doing, using the two portals from her neutral-special. At points it actually renders certain creative uses of the portals pointless. For example, what if I want to use my grab through a Neutral portal, and have it come out of the other one, snatching the foe from the opposite end of the stage? I can't, because her grab automatically does that for me, with its own portals. You took an amazing mechanic and, rather than enthusing about just how blindingly awesome it is, you somehow, systematically depreciated it.
Also, the writing style shifts uncomfortably between present and future continuous tenses, something that is immediately, awkwardly apparant whenever the word "shall" appears("The distortion then rips several boundaries and Yukari shall disappear from sight.")

And those were my complaints.
The fact I dug that deep to find them shows how much I actually adore the moveset and the concept. You take so much of the thinking behind MYM3-4, the fun and the charm and the sheer effort, and you bring it right up to date, with a unique, solid playstyle and suitably restrained writing. The attacks, barring my previous complaint, are all individualised pockets of brilliance. And the appearances of the attacks are picture perfect and incredibly vibrant.​
I'm surprised to see you credit 4 of the 5 major leaders for helping you out. Whoever that last leader is, he sure isn't pulling his weight. That lazy sodfish.

emergency

Smash Journeyman
Wow, Emerge. That set was great. I don't know much about the character, but it seems as though you captured her perfectly. The attack cards were pretty cool and the use of the portals was great. The organization is also amazing. Great job! :D
:D

Guess page 44's gonna be undibbed.

[size=+3]Yukari Yukomo[/size]
It's not a bad set. Everyone will tell you that for sure.

First off, the organisation is super funky:

۩ and ╚══════════════════════════════════════╝
great job using these. Didn't know how to do that.

There's a lot of detail in the statstics, but clearly you've put in some great effort, so I praise you for attempting such a feat.

I didn't watch the video, bu the Final Smash sounds really hellish, REALLY HELLISH. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Ummm... yeah, just realised the portal image is in the image of Yukari. Guess that be best a slight word of mention in the Neutral Special.

I don't really have any nitpicks. None at all. Maybe a bit overpowered with her range, but this makes up with the end lag of her attacks and (from what I see) low knockback. Excellent set, lots of effort. I knew you wouldn't let us down.
Super funky? ._.

I spent more time trying to condense the move and probably left a bad description of what the actual portal looks like. D:

Yukari:
And now we've come to the first Merge set in three contests, and it's a...portal user. This oughta be good. Yukari is one of those characters that takes Smash mechanics themselves and alters them around. She has quite a few mechanics, not all of which seem essential to her character, but whatever. I can forgive that due to the return of the directional air-dodge. Now, it's obvious you've put a lot of effort into Yukari, and it really paid off. Using portals in all the ways she does is a most intriguing style that deviates from the MYM norm. Her techniques to build damage with the portals, especially via grabs, were damn clever and made for an interesting read. I don't like how some of her playstyle seems to be aimed at shutting down campers, but even then, Yukari pulls it off in a new, unique way. She's easily one of the better sets so far, in my opinion.
Yeah, I agree the many mechanics for just one character is pretty much a no-go. However, my most stressed point is that the mechanics are not Yukari only, they are for the others sets from the same series (that I create).

The playstyle could've gone in several directions, I guess I made the playstyle to spite Falco.

Yes, thank you very much.
Yukari Yakumo:

As a player of the Touhou series I would really approve this character to make it in Brawl as a PSA character. This wish got even stronger while reading the whole set,you seem to have thought about everything,massive use of bullets,the graze, Yukari's use of portals, her FS and her Last word (or better FS including it) just wow.
It seems even balanced,atlthough her range is obviously godlike,but her end lag and low knockback (correct me if I didn't get it right) projectiles seem to make her her advantage kinda even.
The only thing which is nearly impossible to implement without people complaining would be her Final Smash. There won't be any normal people who play Brawl that would accept 9 minutes only dodging a thousands of bullets,lasers and what not.
I am not even talking about the difficulty to make it out alive of this Final Smash,I doubt that there are much people on the world who defeated Yukari in Phantasm in PCB (I never actually managed get to Ran in Extra Stage...),but it's pretty obvious that this can't be made through without losing,if you haven't practiced this for years.
Well,I think it would be actually okay if the Smash Ball had some extra resistance against bullets,since she can spam thousands of them which will hit it for sure.
I personally would accept her FS,even with the long duration,since I am a great fan of the series and I really hope that someone will go and actually make an awesome moveset out of this (which I doubt that would be possible).

In any case,great job on that one.
Ah! A Touhou fan, good good. You are the people that I expected to read it because you know, you can relate. I loved bringing the mechanics from Touhou and integrating it accordingly. :3 I just found it amusing to create a super broken Final Smash to prove its worth and how Yukari is one of the hardest antagonists to beat in PCB.

Yukari: I'm going to start off with my main complaint; Most of the attacks were creating their own portals, instead of doing what they should have been doing, using the two portals from her neutral-special. At points it actually renders certain creative uses of the portals pointless. For example, what if I want to use my grab through a Neutral portal, and have it come out of the other one, snatching the foe from the opposite end of the stage? I can't, because her grab automatically does that for me, with its own portals. You took an amazing mechanic and, rather than enthusing about just how blindingly awesome it is, you somehow, systematically depreciated it.
Also, the writing style shifts uncomfortably between present and future continuous tenses, something that is immediately, awkwardly apparant whenever the word "shall" appears("The distortion then rips several boundaries and Yukari shall disappear from sight.")

And those were my complaints.
The fact I dug that deep to find them shows how much I actually adore the moveset and the concept. You take so much of the thinking behind MYM3-4, the fun and the charm and the sheer effort, and you bring it right up to date, with a unique, solid playstyle and suitably restrained writing. The attacks, barring my previous complaint, are all individualised pockets of brilliance. And the appearances of the attacks are picture perfect and incredibly vibrant.​
I'm surprised to see you credit 4 of the 5 major leaders for helping you out. Whoever that last leader is, he sure isn't pulling his weight. That lazy sodfish.
Superedit! What you stated about the killing of another creative mega potential is completely true now that I read about it. Only if I had a Style C, I would've added a rather normal grab such as:

┌​
» A Potential Throw for Jun «
○ Anti Nitpick: Encore

"Yukari effortlessly takes the tip end of her umbrella as she jousts forward attempting to pull her opponent to her with the handle of the parasol. The initial grab reach will stretch out as far as Link's tether grab with the same lag. As far as grabbing goes, you will have the best opportunity to grab foes at a mediocre distance, but you will be granted to mix your grab with a portal made by the Neutral Special you have almost complete control of grab range! Just set up your portals, and stand next to one you are comfortable with; when your foe crosses your other portal initiate the grab and you will snatch them up from a super long distance! However, as positive as this move seems you also have extended Yukari's hurtbox, if you miss or whiff the grab; your opponent can grab the handle and you will be reeled and and be grabbed yourself!"
┘​

Something along those lines. But hey, I can't satisfy every criteria. :'( ! Thanks for the comment Jun, means a lot.

AKC12

Smash Journeyman
Taking a look at a couple of the top 50 movesets from last time, and the critiques I received I decided to take another shot at Naruto and Sasuke. I already have this one idea for Naruto that will make him a much more interesting character, also much more IC (in character). Sasuke as of late has gotten much more cooler and there's more I can work with what's shown.

After those two I'll continue with Naruto most likely. Outside of this series... I'm thinking Tales of Symphonia, we'll see if I get that far.

Don't expect anything soon however. I'll post when something is coming for sure.

Edit: Having trouble showing my sig in my posts, containing the Naruto and Sasuke movesets, here they are

Uzumaki Naruto (MYM6): http://www.smashboards.com/showpost....&postcount=368
Uchiha Sasuke (MYM6): http://www.smashboards.com/showpost....&postcount=641

Katapultar

Smash Lord
Taking a look at a couple of the top 50 movesets from last time, and the critiques I received I decided to take another shot at Naruto and Sasuke. I already have this one idea for Naruto that will make him a much more interesting character, also much more IC (in character). Sasuke as of late has gotten much more cooler and there's more I can work with what's shown.

After those two I'll continue with Naruto most likely. Outside of this series... I'm thinking Tales of Symphonia, we'll see if I get that far.

Don't expect anything soon however. I'll post when something is coming for sure.

Edit: Having trouble showing my sig in my posts, containing the Naruto and Sasuke movesets, here they are
I don't know why you'd have trouble showing your sets in a sig; you'd essentially copy what you wanted in the sig and paste it in your sig. The only exception is if you have too much text on your sig (over 1000 I think).

Naruto and Sasuke were definitely the best set for the 2 up to date (seeing as their done by random people, just like in MYM1). As much as you'd like to remake them again, I personally would find it boring to see more of the 2. It's up to you, but I'd personally like to see a Naruto character other than Naruto himself, Sasuke, Shikamaru, Kakashi Hatake, Itachi, Kisame. These all being guys done beforehand. ESPECIALLY NARUTO AND SASUKE. A set for Orochimaru I would definitely find very interesting since nobody's ever done him, and he's a major antagonist in the Naruto series despite being dead up to date in the series. I'd love to see Orochimaru (no, Im not going to make him myself, I only do Bobobo-bobo-bobo in terms of anime/manga stuff), Im totally for the idea of him.

Just expressing my feelings and stuff. Best somebody acknowledges your post before a MYMer takes this page, posts a set, gets comments, and the cycle goes on. And if that doesn't happen, then somebody will start a new topic without acknowledging the above. Trust me, it happens. Especially to somebody like me.

Posting cus I want to.........if I had a set ready, I'd post it right in this barren space, but no I don't. I've got school to deal with, but that's not gonna stop me from doing stuff in MYM.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
♣ ARAN RYAN ♣

♣ BACKGROUND ♣

Aran Ryan is a Punch Out!! boxer, hailing from Dublin, Ireland. Although he is as bland as can be in his debut Super Punch-Out!! appearance, Ryan's personality really takes a turn for the bizarre in the Wii game. Ryan turns into a psychotic crazy man, pulling stunts like putting horseshoes in his gloves, breaking the rules of the ring by using a glove-on-a-rope as a prop, and urging Little Mac to 'keep hittin' him'.

Such actions have made him highly unpopular to the crowd. In both appearances, Ryan holds the lowest-ranked title in the World Circuit. He is jumpy and hard to hit during matches, and can bound off ropes to increase his speed. These traits, among others, are sure to make Ryan a piece of work for his opponents in Smash.

♣ STATISTICS ♣

Attack Speed: 8
Fall Speed: 6
Size: 6
Movement: 5.5
Power: 5
Aerial Movement: 4
Weight: 4
Jumps: 3
Recovery: 2
Traction: 2

As is expected, Ryan is a straight-up offensive character. You'll want to stick close to your enemies during matches to keep pummeling them. He can even power up certain moves at close range, with a special tactic of his. His movement tactics are exceedingly mediocre, but this doesn't faze this Irishman. He can either release all his fury in one fell swoop and get in your face in no time at all, or force you to come to him. Whatever suits your fancy. Ryan keeps a low-to-the-ground jumpy stance at all times, staying true to his Punch-Out!! appearance.

♣ SPECIALS ♣

Neutral Special - Horseshoe Punch
If you tap the input, Aran Ryan pulls off a glove and sticks in a horseshoe with a snicker, before putting it back on, all in the time of Diddy pulling a peel. Hold the input slightly longer for Ryan to release a strong punch, with the range of Bowser's F-Tilt, and a bit less lag than Giant Punch. The priority and power increase, depending on how many horseshoes were inserted into the cheater's gloves.

With no shoes, Ryan's punch has laughable priority, dealing 5% and only tripping foes. This is called a 'cheeseburger punch' (a squishy sound is heard for added effect); these are fairly useless, unless you want to combo your foe from their tripped state. With the maximum of seven shoes, a throbbing clang is heard, as the punch has killer priority, dealng 16% and knocking foes out at 85%. This punch becomes Ryan's best KO attacks, especially seeing how he can add horseshoes during certain other moves...

[ 5-16% ]

Side Special - Rope Lunge
Aran Ryan cackles madly, leaning backwards into a row of boxing ring ropes. If you merely press the input, Ryan stretches into the ropes to lean back a character width. Pressing and tapping results in Ryan pushing back harder to lean up to three widths backwards. After a second of leaning backwards, the ropes vanish, leaving Ryan at the point he stretched to with a bit of ending lag. Ryan can lean back out of a melee attack's range, making the move one of Ryan's only good defensive options.

Leaning back into lag just won't do for an offensive character, though. During the second he spends leaning back, Ryan can perform any move to spring forward the distance he stretched back, while using the move...with half its usual lag. Ryan can lean back to avoid an attack, before springing forward an retaliating, in a counter-move-of-sorts. The deduction of lag allows for Ryan to use his few stronger, slower attacks here. He can also charge moves like Neutral and Down Special while leaning, although he won't spring forward due to these not being attacks.

[ 0% ]

Down Special - Madman's Anticipation
Aran Ryan begins spazzing out and hopping in place, yelling, "Let's go, let's go!" in his Irish accent. This is not an attack in and of itself, instead acting as a charge. Like Giant Punch, you can charge this move up with a maximum of ten increments. The charge can be rolled out of, or canceled via shield, saving the charge for future use. As a good marker of charge power, each two hops of Ryan's is equivalent to one unit of the power-up. At full charge, Ryan has a distinct red aura to signify his Irish rage.

Once you release the attack, Ryan roars in his wrath, gaining super armor for a brief period, in addition to double his normal movement speed. At full charge, Ryan gains twelve seconds of these power-ups. Ryan can get up to his opponents much faster with these power-ups, and can string together multiple hits without interruption once he gets there. He cannot begin another charge while powered-up, and can be grabbed out of his super armor.
[ 0% ]

Up Special - Glove-On-A-Rope
Aran Ryan pulls his weapon of choice, a glove filled with painful material tied to a rope, from behind his back, declaring, "Here's one of me favorites!" You can now rotate the Control Stick for Ryan to swing his rope Marth's height above his head, lasso-style. You can tilt the Control Stick to the side while doing so to angle the Soccer Ball-sized glove tw0 Bowsers in that direction. Hitting the spinning glove deals 7-8% and a set knockback. If Ryan remains inactive with the rope, he'll quickly stow it.

Set knockback not your thing? Tap A, and Ryan will crack the rope like a whip, slamming the glove to the ground 3/4 of Battlefield in front of him rapidly. Ouch. Getting whipped deals 11-12% and KOs around 130%. That is, if you hit with the glove. If Ryan lands the rope on an opponent, it'll catch them, and he'll pull them up to him. This manuever doesn't hurt the victim, but conveniently gets them in Ryan's range. Finally, you can crack the whip near an edge to tether to it. You'll be using this move a lot, so be sure to acquaint yourself with its various functions.
[ 7-8% lasso, 11-12% whip]

♣ BASIC ATTACKS ♣

Basic Combo - Irish Jig
This was Aran Ryan's defining move in Super Punch Out!!; he begins throwing a rapid flurry of jabs and body-blows, grunting all the while. His gloves can be moved in any direction while holding the jab for moderate-priority defense. Ryan's maximum punching range is around one character width. By merely tapping A, Ryan throws five 1-2% punches, although he can do much more by holding it. To top all this off, the move can be stopped very quickly; you can jab your opponents to hold them, then blast them back with a Smash.
[ 1-2% per punch ]

Dash Attack - Leprechaun Leaps
Aran Ryan hops up Ganondorf's height and forward a character width, before punching down to the ground. He performs this action three times in a row, within the course of a second. He has a constant hitbox on his fist that deals 2-3% in the air, and 5-6% when he collides with the stage. Both hitboxes deal a minor set knockback, enough to combo the opponent into the other hits of the move.

This attack has many ups and downs, and not just literally. Spaced correctly, Ryan can spring right over traps, minions, obstacles, or attacks...or hop right into them by mistake. Ryan also has a lot of lag if he collides with a wall; he can also jump right off the stage if he's not careful. Carefully timed, you can shield when Ryan hits the ground to cancel the remaining hops to prevent these accidents. That said, the attack has little startup or ending lag at all, and it's difficult to hit Ryan out of it. Next to using Down Special to speed forward, this is a marvellous little approaching tool. Especially if you use it while you have said Special's super armor...
[ 2-24% ]

♣ TILTS ♣

Forward Tilt - Swooper Punch
Aran Ryan throws a simple punch, in an arc to the ground. This simple move has decent reach. This is easily the strongest of Ryan's tilts, dealing 9-10% and KOing at a surprising 115%. At low damage levels, Ryan can chase foes out of this with an aerial. There is a fair deal of lag on the end, contrasting with the quick startup and making it hard to use...unless you speed it up with a Rope Lunge.
[ 9-10% ]

Down Tilt - Hammerhead
Aran Ryan slams his head down right in front of him, with half of Headbutt's lag. Victims become lightly buried and take 5-6%; they'll break out easily unless they have a lot of damage. Ryan can repeatedly bash foes stuck in the ground to build damage (although not stacking the Pitfall effect), or hit them out after they're stuck. It's also handy at breaking shields. Wait, you didn't expect a tacked-on stunned pose from spamming this, did you? Ryan loves getting hit, remember? Which is just what will happen to him if he does end up spamming this attack.
[ 5-6% ]

Up Tilt - Rainbow Uppercut
Aran Ryan performs a standard uppercut, with below average vertical range and only a bit of lag on each end. His punch deals 6-7% and KOs only a little bit earlier than Mario's U-Tilt on aerial opponents. You can poke through platforms handily to juggle foes as well. If the character Ryan uppercuts is directly in front of him, though, the foe gets stunned briefly in a rainbow aura. This has the ability to instantly shatter shields. The horitonzal reach of Ryan's uppercut is absolutely pitiful if not used from a Rope Lunge, but can still be followed up from by any attack of your choosing if performed correctly.
[ 6-7% ]

♣ SMASHES ♣

Forward Smash - Sliding Uppercut
Aran Ryan lets out a grunt, quickly unleashing a strong upwards punch while sliding forward along the ground. Charge time not only increases the punch's strength, but how far Ryan slides. He can move from one to three character widths (at Wario's bike speed), retaining a punching hitbox that deals 9-14% all the while. This punch won't KO until upwards of 150%, so Ryan can actually use it to pop his opponent up a bit and follow them into the air. In addition, if he presses the jump input during the minimal ending lag, he'll rapidly spring back to where he initiated the Smash.
[ 9-14% ]

Down Smash - Irish Angst
Aran Ryan begins pounding his head rapidly and angrily, grunting for each hit. Each hit gives Ryan super armor and doubles his speed for a second, but deals 1% to the boxer in the process. The number of self-punches varies from five to nine, depending on the charge time. Ryan's punches reach out a short distance to hit foes as well, dealing multiple light hits of 3-5% and set knockback. When you're pressed for space and can't use the superior speed building option of Down Special, this is your go-to move. It's quick, but you really can't become reliant on this due to the self-hurt factor...
[ 3-45%]

Up Smash - Horseshoe Juggle
Aran Ryan pulls three horseshoes out of his pants, juggles them briefly, before taking off a glove and letting the horseshoes fall in. The horshoes are juggled a Martha above Ryan; there's a touch of range to the Smash, but it's still Ryan's slowest one. Each horshoe deals 7-9%, and can KO from 165-150%. You can screw with your foe's footing through a platform with these horseshoes. In addition, if Ryan isn't interrupted, the three horshoes get added to his Neutral Special's charge when they fall into his gloves.
[ 7-27% ]

♣ AERIALS ♣

Neutral Air - Brash Beating
Aran Ryan faces the screen and pounds the air in front of him four times rapidly, alternating fists. If he catches a foe within these close-ranged grab-hitbox poundings, he'll bash them with the remaining hits, launching them on the last one. Each hit deals 4%, and the launching blow KOs at 160%. A fairly run-of-the-mill aerial that, aside from being funny to watch, does nothing else but set the foe up for another attack. If you shorthop the move and land while pummeling a foe, it becomes a better damage-dealing option. Ryan can button-mash to pummel, while the foe must mash to escape.
[ 4% per hit ]

Forward Air - Drunken Flailing
Aran Ryan goes on his stomach in the air, reaching forward a short distance and punching at his opponents quickly and stupidly. Each hit deals 4-5% and pulls the opponent closer to Ryan slightly, allowing him to use it several times in a row for damage-racking. If he lands early, he'll collapse on his belly and enter his downed position. You're much better off actually using this move in the air, rather than from a shorthop.
[ 9-10% ]

Back Air - Noggin Knocker
Ryan bends his head over backwards and slams it down, spiking foes behind him half a character width away. Hitting the very edge of Ryan's head merely deals set knockback. There is a bit of lag starting and ending here, as is typical for spikes. Contact with Ryan's head deals 8-9% to the victim. Although you can't combo from it, you can pull foes close to Ryan with F-Air, before going for the KO with this. Quite satistfying, indeed.
[ 8-9% ]

Up Air - Uppercut
Aran Ryan throws a generic uppercut. Whoop dee do. The close ranged punch deals 10% and KOs at 145%. It can juggle enemies at low damage levels. MT, Aran Ryan demands that Little Mac give him his U-Air back (WARY).
[ 10% ]

Down Air - Elbow Itch
Aran Ryan scratches his weenis for brief startup lag, before extending it downwards at an angle and plummeting at a fast pace. During the startup period, you can tilt left or right for him to plummet in that direction. Ryan won't stop until he reaches the ground, upon which he takes a bit of time to get up. His elbow enlarges slightly for the attack, but still has mediocre range.

Ryan traps foes it touches in multiple light hits of 1%, often taking them down with him aways before they can DI out. If Ryan's speared foe slams into the ground with him, they'll take 5-6% and knockback that KOs around 155%. The deraged Irishman can either trap a foe and go for a suicide KO, or use it on them when they're incapacitated (e.g. buried with D-Tilt, stunned with U-Tilt). Your choice.

[ 1-% weenis, 5-6% stage ]

♣ GRAB / THROWS ♣

Grab - Shamrock Squeeze
Aran Ryan borrows his grabbing technique straight from Super Punch Out!!. Ryan lunges forward a short distance at his opponent, yelling Irish gibberish at them all the while. While the range is nothing special from a standstill or dash, Ryan can use this in tandem with Side Special for effective grabbing. The lag on both ends is akin to Mario's grab. Ryan holds his victim in a vice-like grip.
[ 1% ]

Pummel - Shamrock Shake
No, I don't mean that crappy holiday shake from McDonalds'. Aran Ryan holds his opponent in the air a bit and shakes them vigorously, just like in the game. Each hit deals 1% and is moderately fast. If you shake the victim more than three times, they'll escape, but become dizzy in front of Ryan. You can grab them again, but you won't be able to shake-stun them again this time. Instead, why not try an U-Tilt? Ah, just like in the game...
[ 0% ]

Forward Throw - Below the Belt
Being the dirty cheater he is, Aran Ryan gives his victim a strong punch between the legs. Ugh, just watching that is enough to make a guy's nuts hurt! Male characters slowly keel over into their tripped position, while females and genderless victims merely take the 7-8% dealt by the throw, in addition to some set knockback. Male victims had better roll or use a get-up attack quickly, or they'll be grabbed again for another dose of the pain.
[ 7-8% ]

Back Throw - Over the Rainbow
Aran Ryan lifts his victim over his head in an arc and slams them to the ground behind his back without turning around. This throw deals a nice 10%, but the victim can tech the ground hit to avoid the knockback, which KOs at around 170%. Fortunately, Ryan can follow up with a short-hopped N-Air, unless the foe rolls out of his reach.
[ 10% ]

Down Throw - If You Lie Down With Dogs...
Aran Ryan shoves his foe down, declaring, "If ye lie down with dogs, ye rise up with fleas!" It seems he wasn't exaggerating. The victim takes 10% over five seconds, taking a bit of stun here and there due to the fleas tormenting them. Ryan can take advantage of these periods of stun with a quick attack of his own.
[ 10% ]

Up Throw - Masochism
Aran Ryan pushes his victim down into a sitting position for 5%, before striking a cocky pose and yelling out, "Keep hittin' me! I love it!" He stays in this pose for a dangerous two seconds before you can control him again. If an opponent attacks Ryan within the first second, he'll heal the damage dealt by the attack and become mobile. If you attack during the second second, however, he'll take the full damage and knockback of the attack. Although this is great to use on CPUs, noobs, and get-up attack spammers, you're just asking for trouble using this against someone who knows how to beat it.
[ 5% ]

♣ FINAL SMASH ♣

Final Smash - Irish Drinking Song
Aran Ryan pulls out a mug of whiskey (it's just root beer, kiddies) and takes a big, long, obnoxious swig. He pauses a second, before turning red and beginning to chant an Irish Drinking song along these lines, in a deranged, tipsy voice. For fifteen seconds, Ryan has the super armor and speed power-ups from his Down Special. In addition, all of his moves are at half lag, as if sprung from a Rope Lunge. To cap it all off, his Neutral Special is always at full charge. Crazy shit happens when you're drunk. Good thing Mike Tyson isn't in the game, or Ryan would probably steal his tiger again...[ Varies ]

♣ PLAYSTYLE ♣

Is there really any way Aran Ryan wouldn't be an offensive character? This Irish brute just loves getting up in characters' faces and going to town on them. Not in a sexual way, of course. Ryan can either go to his opponents or get them to come to him throughout the match. The option you choose should depend on the character you're up against.

During the earlier phases of the match, you'll want to stick to the latter option. Why is that, you may ask? Because Ryan doesn't need to chill from a range while charging important moves like Neutral and Down Special, the latter of which he'll need to approach your foe later on. With Rope Lunge, you can push Ryan out of the range of his attackers while charging these moves, then retaliate with another attack. Although it's tricky to master this art, it proves especially helpful in match-ups against fast, pressuring characters.

How does Ryan get foes to come to him if he's mainly a melee character? Well, that's simple: his pride and joy glove-on-a-rope. Whipping foes is a major annoyance to them, and can KO them at not-too-high damage levels. It can also destroy traps or minions that your opponent may be working oh so hard to set up. If foes still won't approach after this, Ryan can just catch them with the rope to pull them to him. Using this method early on is most advantageous, as it will most likely get Ryan the lead before his opponent gets to him, where they could possibly get ahead first otherwise.

Ryan has many options for damage-building once he gets his opponent where he wants them. His attacks can either hit multiple times (Basic Combo, N-Air), repeatedly jab at foes (Down Tilt, Up Tilt), or hold them for a stronger hit (Cheeseburger Punch, sweetspotted U-Tilt). In particular, Ryan's grabs are primarily stunning attacks that can set a foe up for a handy KO. Of course, he has to build the damage to KO first, so he can't rely on stunners.

The bread and butter of his melee ranged offensive game is Rope Lunge. In a close-ranged battle, you have to remember that just because Ryan has these options, your foe has options too, some of which may shut down yours. What do you do? Lean back out of your opponent's range and retaliate by springing forward and performing your offensive attack. This tactic also allows for Ryan to utilize his slower attacks in combat. Because your opponent may read this option, however, clever players will throw their foe off the scent by mixing their reasons to use the ropes. For example, mix up whether you fast attacks off the ropes, just to get added range from sliding forward, or slow attacks off the ropes to KO. Predictable options like charging a Neutral Special before using it on the rebound will surely land you in a world of hurt.

Once your opponent manages to get away and start using the ranged options they have, it's time for you to go to them. By this phase of the match, it's your responsibility to have Down Special charged so you can reach them safely once they start camping. Ryan isn't horribly slow, so even if you haven't mastered the art of charging from the ropes, you can flee and charge normally. As a last-ditch option, you've got D-Smash, although this cannot be stored.

Aran Ryan is quite a fast-paced character to play. You'll need to know which series of offensive attacks work on your opponent, and brutally use them for the win. It takes great precision to learn to use ropes correctly; your ability to do so often forms the gap between players who know what they're doing and those who don't. Ryan needs to know how to respond to the challenges his foes will put in his path; if his opponent starts camping him off the bat, he may have to reverse the order he plays his cards. No matter how you slice it, Ryan is a character that keeps things fresh and entertaining in matches. I think we can all agree that a versatile character is more fun to watch than one who sits in the corner and presses B, yes?

♣ MATCH-UPS ♣

Vs. Von Kaiser - 80/20
Aran Ryan has no trouble at all getting in range of Kaiser and racking damage on him. Whether he wants it or not, Kaiser will have his moves changed, as Ryan is too fast to allow his healers to work well at close range. Even if Kaiser flees, Ryan's got Up Special to do the job for him. By the time Kaiser has racked enough damage for a KO on Ryan, the Irishman will undoubtedly have done the same for him. If you're careful, Neutral Special can KO Kaiser before he even gets access to his strongest attacks. Ryan's decent air game outclasses the German's as well. When Kaiser is finally looking to KO Ryan, he can just unleash Down Special to make things all the more harder for Kaiser. Poor guy just can't catch a break...

Vs. Disco Kid - 70/30
Both characters can really mess with the other in some interesting ways...no, you bleeding imbecile, not -those- ways. For example, Disco Kid's shining teeth can trip you right out of rope lunge, leading to combos on his part. But, ah, the combos. Disco Kid can be quite reliant on buffed priority to keep them up, while Ryan's offensive nature allows him to just toy with Kid on a whim without any set-up. And when he does set-up, he nullifies Kid's teeth option. Cap that off with superior KO potential and speed, and we've got a winner. Aran Ryan can shut down Disco Kid much more than the flamboyant man can to him.

Vs. Bald Bull - 60/40
Aran Ryan has a cruel, cruel tactic he can unleash on Bald Bull. He can build his super armor while Bull builds his rage. When Bull unleashes it for the KO, Ryan can unleash his super armor, taking no knockback from the attack at all. Of course, he'll still take damage from the attack, and because Bull is a massive heavyweight with options like F-Air/B-Air, Ryan will still die off much earlier than his opponent. He'll want to use Up Special to build some damage on Bull before pulling him in; Bull racks up damage fast with his hard-hitting moves, but is much more vulnerable to being attacked himself.

Because his attacks are slow, Ryan can easily lean back into the ropes to dodge them, even with their great range. Another nail in Bull's coffin is his gimpability. While Ryan is no aerial pro, he can still F-Air Bull in and spike him with B-Air. Or pull him down with D-Air. Bull will want to push Ryan hard and not give him a chance to charge Down Special; if he does, he'll have to be very crafty and charge when Ryan is vulnerable. Which won't be for long in any case. Ryan's path to victory is much less complicated than Bull's, and is easier for him to boot.

Vs. Bear Hugger - 55/45
Despite how amazing Bear Hugger is at building damage, Ryan has the perfect tool to beat him with Side Special. No matter how Bear Hugger tries to attack at melee range, Ryan can just lean back and punish the fatso with...well, pretty much whatever he wants. He can easily rack damage on Bear Hugger once he gets momentum, and can even KO Bear Hugger earlier than most heavyweights due to laughable recovery. Don't let this fool you, though. Bear Hugger can still retaliate; just because you can outclass him doesn't mean he's content to become your punching bag for the rest of the match. Bear Hugger needs to get his gloves sticky early on and read the Ryan player. Learn to coax him into lunging with a ranged yet somewhat fast attack, dodge his counterattack, and grab him. Both characters can pull off a win, but it takes more skill on the part of the Bear Hugger player to do so.

Vs. King Hippo - 55/45
Either character can screw over the other extremely quickly in a match. Hippo can puff himself up to absorb Ryan's lunging attack, then combo him to death. Conversely, Ryan can strategically lunge at a lagging Hippo and use his double hitstun to **** him hardcore. It's a matter of who can land a hit on who first. While Hippo is required to attack to preserve his armor, Ryan can merely sit back and wait to use his. This doesn't mean a thing if used carelessly, but used in good hands, it gives Ryan a slight advantage. Hippo can easily score a win if the Ryan player doesn't take extreme care, though.

Vs. Super Macho Man - 45/55
Macho Man's lingering moves can wreck Ryan out of rope lunge. He'll either lunge forward and into them, or end up lagging behind after the lunge, which Macho Man can punish with his decent attack speed. Although these destroy rope lunge, Ryan actually doesn't rely on his shield too heavily throughout matches, due to having Down Special to utilize for defense. It's definitely a move he'll have to use in this match-up, due to Macho Man owning his other defensive option. Macho Man should try to force Ryan into using rope lunge for defense after his armor wears out, then punish with moves like Neutral Special.

Ryan is better off trying to get the upper hand with Up Special before closing the gap and going on the offensive. Remember, super armor doesn't protect from damage. Macho Man has less to worry about in the match-up due to better all-around stats. His one main downfall is that he's going to become quite predictable using lingering moves at close range, which a good Ryan player can pick up on and punish. Macho Man can win by a respectable margin if he stays unpredictable, but the match is much closer otherwise, or if the Ryan reacts to his opponent's options better.

Vs. Little Mac - 40/60
While at first glance Aran Ryan seems to have the advantage over Mac, the young boxer outclasses the Irishman in several damning ways. For instance, it's nigh impossible for Ryan to mash his way back into the ropes fast enough to avoid a Tagging Punch. Leaning back won't defend him at all against a thrown weight, either. Even with your near lag-free retaliations, Tagging Punch beats them all. Ryan's best hope is to use a stunning move, possibly a throw, before continuing to build damage. Although Ryan still reigns supreme at close range, Little Mac can still call Doc over to interrupt Ryan's flow. Overall, Little Mac takes the win in this match-up.

Vs. Mr. Sandman - 25/75
Sandman can make life hell for Aran Ryan at close range; keep up Dream Rotation to hit him out of any rope lunges he may be attempting. Unlike those amateur boxers, Sandman can actually attack out of his rotation, putting some major hurt on Ryan. He's also able to compete with Ryan in terms of damage-racking just fine, especially if he gets off a Knuckle Sandwich. In this case, it's Ryan who will have to be doing the comebacks for once. Of course, he can do this with an overall faster moveset, not to mention Up Special. Ryan will want to have super armor out whenever possible at close range to avoid stacked hitstun. This is much easier said than done when the match will be at close range, forcing Ryan to perform this charge from the ropes, which Sandman destroys. Sandman has much better options against Ryan than vice versa, earning him a crushing victory.

Vs. Great Tiger - 20/80
Aran Ryan is about to find out what lulzy mindgames Tiger has in store for him...and not in a good way at that. Great Tiger wrecks Ryan at close range. How can you expect Ryan to rope lunge and dodge moves he can't see coming out of red smoke? In addition, Tiger can simply position a clone behind Ryan and swap positions to screw with him while he's dodging an attack from where Tiger just was. In other words, he would be leaning right into your tiger claws. Ryan can own up Tiger pretty hard with Up Special, but it's nothing compared to how bad Ryan fares against the Indian at close range. Your only hope is to keep super armor out and tank Tiger's hits, but he can just strategically place a clone near ideal charging points, then warp over and interrupt you. Did I mention how early Ryan dies from Tiger's OOC powerful attacks?

♣ ANIMATIONS ♣

Up Taunt - Intermission Jab
Ryan roars out, "Me sister hits harder than you, boy!" Man, this guy just has too many good lines for these animations to fall by the wayside, eh?

Side Taunt - Cheater's Trick
Ryan extracts his glove-on-a-rope and stretches it in his hands, laughing maniacally as he does so.

Down Taunt - Disappointment
Ryan wipes his nose obnoxiously before spreading out his arms and asking, "Is that it, mate?"

Entrance - Nationality Inquiry
Ryan leaps in from the background and folds his arms at his opponent, stating, "Ye don't look Irish!"

Victory Pose #1 - Boxer's Lifestyle
Ryan sits on a bench, in a cocky relaxation pose, declaring, "Fightin's like breathin'!"

Victory Pose #2 - Paparazzi
The camera zooms in extra close on Ryan, who grabs it and shakes it while laughing crazily. How unflattering. He proceeds to smash his head against it a short while later, blackening the results screen.

Victory Pose #3 - Audience Anger
Ryan flexes and poses, as audience boos are heard. A short while later, random pieces of trash are thrown at him. The Irishman reacts by leaping around violently, spazzing out and screaming threatening Irish gibberish at the crowd.

Victory Theme - Irish Melody
The beginning clip from his theme plays as a fanfare for Ryan's victory. Check it out under his background.

Loss Pose - Restraint
Ryan sits angrily, his hands tied together with his own glove-on-a-rope to prevent him from attacking the winners. The Punch Out!! referee stands by him warily to ensure his cooperation. How utterly humiliating...

Katapultar

Smash Lord
[size=+3]Aran Ryan[/size]
"Braces for lots of set-up"

"Also sees colored text"

There's a magical land of colored text Im missing out on. Got the gist of it for my next set (whenever that is, this is totally irrelevant to the comment).

It's also handy at breaking shields. Wait, you didn't expect a tacked-on stunned pose from spamming this, did you? Ryan loves getting hit, remember? Which is just what will happen to him if he does end up spamming this attack.
lol, Bald Bull reference.

I'll be honest: it's certainally not as easy to get the gist of Ryan as with a guy like Stanley, especially with the Side Special's rope concept (it's a little bit on the hard side to imagine). Im not totally sure about Ryan's playstyle and KOing methods, perhaps it's versatile like you said. That being said, Ryan has decently good KO moves other than Neutral Special, so unless you have spare time (never), I don't know why I would want to fill up a boxing glove with 7 horseshoes just for one move.

Going back to the versatile playstyle, I think THAT'S what kind of annoys me about this set: there isn't really much of a goal that you try to emphasise to the readers. While Side Special is important for Ryan, it's not greatly emphasised.

I did enjoy the set's humour and color, though there wasn't enough emphasis put on the attacks and playstyle flowing together, attack working for playstyle, to amaze me. It's alright though, you can't allow yourself to get beat by Warlord in the great set making race....or is this all in my imagination? Maybe you guys aren't really competing. Leave that up to you guys.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Aran Ryan

First off, now Macho Man is legitametley obsoleted in competitive play thanks to Utilt being Macho Man's entire playstyle condensed into one move.

Moving along, I must commend you for actually having the balls to implement Ryan's prop-moves when MYM is so much against them these days cause they're all elitist ololololololol. Glove-on-a-rope was more innovative than I thought it would be, especialy since the set obviously isn't trying to sell itself with move creativity (though it's still there).

So why not just talk about his playstyle then? I was admitadley put-off when you called him an offensive character but then have him "brining the enemy to him", which is textbok defensive play...then I realized that he's not actually forcing approaches, he's literally pulling them in so they can't camp him in the first place. (y)

That said, I would still have liked to see some more actual approaching options besides "down-special then just run in lawl!" Especially since if he doesn't have a lot of moves that are good approaches in their own right, he's gonna have some trouble actually keeping up an offensive once his super-armor wears off. Side-Special also kind of falls into a "be defensive so you can set-up a single good move" situation, but he can also use it to counter an enemy's defense, so it's fine. At least you didn't just tack-on a bunch of hitstun and use combos as an excuse to make him offensive (h).

Oh, and the presentation of the set was great. I never realized he had so many lines in the game. Final Smash was lulz.

And that's all I have to say. (pce)

Koppakirby

Smash Cadet
Bald Boxer #5-Wait, He's seriously NOT bald!?
That surprises me. Anyway, Aran Ryan was an enjoyable read. Of course, commenting still holds little fact when I do it, as I've just recently started incorporating this mysterious playstyle thingy. I suppose it's a neccsessay evil. But enough of about me, you talk me for a while. Anypotato, Aran Ryan is my personal favorite boxer in the Punch-Out!! universe, and you did do him justice. Bringing opponents to him was just brilliant. It's also rather humorous, and I loves me some humor. For the most part, I agree with what H_R said. And so ends my short review. Well, not quite. Presentation was awesome, and lots of the moves were quite imaginative and shtuff. Glove-on-a-Rope was amazing, also. Of course, I don't know where you can go wrong with a Glove-On-A-Rope, but still. Yes, I am pretty much on the same path as H_R, but he's cool and if I copy him, I'll be cool!(Illogical Reasoning ftw) But yes, overall Aran was a great read.

Koppakirby

Smash Cadet
Sorry Kupa, but the thread needs to keep going

2 from Super Mario Bros. 2

Sparky

Pidgit

Sparky and Pidgit are 2 enemy characters from Super Mario Bros. 2. They were cool enemies. Sparky was a ball of condensed electric energy that would move along platforms in hopes of shocking Mario and his party, and Pidgit was a bird who could not fly, but in replacement, rode a magic carpet. Sadly, they didn't appear much in the Mario series after that, being some of the only characters from SMB2 that didn't go on to become series staples(Like Birdo, Shy Guy, Bob-Omb, Phanto(Okay, not so much Phanto)). Also, they're joining the Brawl. Good eye Sakurai! Everyone will want to play as Obscure and Obscurer!......What, obscurer is a word? Seriously? That doesn't sound right.
Sparky
Size-As big as Kirby
Speed-7
Weight-4
Traction-10
Priority-8
Power-5
Jump-N/A
Quirk 1-Moves on walls and undersides of platforms
Quirk 2-Only takes knockback from attacks that deal more than 8% damage
Quirk 3-Touching Sparky results in 5% damage and medium hitstun. The priority on this is pretty low, though.
Sparky here is an odd one. He can't jump, but he can stick to anything and has a knockback filter. He's the main attacking force of the two, but if he takes enough damage, you may want to switch characters. He doesn't have any aerials, and he cannot grab. Also, you can choose to play as either at the start of the match.

Pidgit
Size-He himself is as big as Pichu, his carpet is as wide as Bowser, giving him room for passengers
Speed-6
Weight-1
Traction-6
Priority-6
Power-5
Jump-He flies without limit
Quirk 1-He flies around without limit, but he cannot land.
Quirk 2-He can grab.
Quirk 3-His carpet pretty much reduces knockback to nonlethal shoving, but it will be destroyed after 40% damage is sustained. Pidgit will then have no source of Flight, If he falls onto land, he will switch to Grounded Pidgit Moves.
Pidgit is the air-based counterpart to Sparky. Although his stats do seem worse, yes? Well, he does have free reign of the sky, and a projectile attack to boot. So shut up Plorf. Also, he doesn't have any tilts or smashes.

Grounded Pidgit
Size-As big as Pichu
Speed-1
Weight-1
Traction-10
Priority-3
Power-2
Jump-None
Quirk-No Aerials, Tilts, Smashes, or Specials.
This is basically just an emergency form, not meant for actual use. Hence the terrible stats.

Shared Move
Up Special-Swap Out
Sparky and Pidgit are like Zelda and Sheik. They need to be swapped out. Anyway, Sparky/Pidgit will suddenly vanish, and the other one will appear. Of course, this happens with a puff of smoke and a cartoony sound effect. This swap happens really quickly, taking about 6/10ths of a second to execute. But you may be wondering, what happens if Sparky is summoned in mid air? He falls at the speed of Gannondorf's walk downward. Yup. Also, if Pidgit manages to lose his carpet and switches to Sparky, if you switch back again real quick, it'll be there, only it'll have 20 HP instead of 40.

Sparky Moveset
Sparky Standards
Jab-Jolt
Sparky fires a small jolt of electricity in front of him that deals 7% damage to anyone it touches. It doesn't do much knockback, but it doesn't take that long to execute either. It's kind of spammable, but not too much. The spark travels about a Bowser forward before dissipating.

Dash-Radius Expansion
This attack really isn't much of anything, as Sparky already deals 10% damage upon contact with anything. All this does is make this hitbox(His entire body), bigger. 1.5 times bigger in fact. Other than that, there are no significant changes.

Sparky Specials
Neutral-Little Sparky
Sparky coughs out a small little sparky that will run across the stage similar to the Hothead item, dealing 6% damage and medium knockback/small hitsun to anyone who is touched by it. It moves at the speed of Falcon's run, and is about as big as a Pokeball. You might be wondering why it's so small? Well, that's because this attack is highly spammable, it's lag being smaller than the length of Pikachu's jab. That's right, you can pump out lots of these to pelt your opponents with. They have 10 seconds

Side-Chain
Sparky flings a metal chain out in front of him the distance of 3 Bowsers. It'll pull Sparky towards any object it latches to, dealing 5% damage to the object as well. Mainly a recovery, although it is horizontal, so You can't you it to recovery upward, for that you must rely on Pidgit. The chain however, is extremely laggy. So it's better to use this move against slower opponents. It's especially laggy when pulling Sparky towards opponents.

Down Special-Spark Warp
Sparky goes through the floor. No kidding. He reappears on the exact opposite side of the platform. Unless there is no other side or it is submerged in some substance. In which case it reappears in the same spot a second later. This transfer takes about a second to happen, but the lag is non-existent, so yeah. If you're caught within Sparky's warp, you'll take 8% damage and medium knockback.

Sparky Tilts
Forward-Flicker
Sparky will thrash around a little, causing a spark to flicker in front of him, dealing a mere 2% damage to anyone hit by it. Not really that impressive, until you take into consideration that if this is used on a Little Sparky, It'll grow to twice it's size, and do twice the damage. Quite the useful attack, yes? Their HP will be filled as well. But the thrashing is quite laggy, so you must watch out.

Up-Spark Orbit
Sparky coughs out 3 little Sparkies which will orbit him, protecting him from all damage, and dealing an extra 3% damage to anyone who touches him. These Little Sparkies will orbit Sparky for 5 seconds before disappearing. Anyone in the vicinity during their formation will take 4% damage and some hitstun. However, the Formation of all three does take a while, so be warned.

Down-Electrical Pillars
Sparky squashes downward and 2 pillars of electricity spring up next to him, dealing several hits of 2% damage, amounting from 2 to 6 hits. This has a little bit of hitstun, and multiple small hitboxes. Luckily, they take a while to spawn.

Sparky Smashes
Forward-Electricitythrower
Sparky starts out with the Flicker animation, but then it's non-existent cheeks fill up with a substance, and he releases it in a breath of electricity, about as wide as him, in front of him. It deals great hitstun, regardless of charged not. This attack kills at 170% uncharged. It deals 10% damage with medium knockback uncharged, and 17% damage with heavy knockback charged. When fully charged, it KOs at 110%. It's a rather laggy attack, taking about 8/10thss of a second. A rather long time. Fully Charged, it adds up to a second. But it is one of his only KOing moves.

Up-Stun Bolt
Sparky shoots a small lightning bolt upward, stunning the opponent for a second and a half. It travels Gannondorf's height before vanishing. The Bolt can be charged to double it's size(Right now it's half as big as a capsule), but either way it deals 5% damage. The initial firing of the lighting bolt is instant. Well almost, it happens rather quickly. The stunning mentioned earlier is hitstun, if it's not obvious.

Down-Stalk
Sparky will suddenly be controlled by AI, and start flashing. That is, if and opponent is in one Bowser of him in either direction. He will then be AI controlled and his speed will quadruple, and he will run after that opponent madly, tracking them down unless the leave the platform or are KO'd some other way. Or 10 seconds pass. He is invulnerable during this time, the damage normally done by ramming into the opponent is tripled to 15% damage with high knockback that KOs at 90%. This sudden change in behavior will stop after he hits the opponent(Also adding a heavy amount of hitstun to the opponent), and he will return to the player's command.

Pidgit's Moveset
Pidgit Specials
Neutral-Tornado
Pidgit begins spinning rapidly, creating a Tornado that moves forward from his position, across the stage. It sweeps up any items, summons, projectiles, and opponents off the stage and off camera, to the KO boundaries. This Tornado does take a while to summon(1.4 seconds, but considering the endless flight), and doesn't deal any damage. However, it has a high possibility sure KO on anyone with a Percentage over 80%! The Windbox is rather strong.

Side-Barrel Roll
(Press Z or R twice!)

Pidgit performs a stylish twist will flying forward, creating a small barrier around itself at this time! This Barrel Roll can be spammed, as it has almost no lag. It also has heavy knockback, KOing at around 80% damage. This barrier covers Pidgit completely, and reflects projectiles! It deals 12% damage upon contact! But it is a very fast attack. More like a supped-up aerial than a special, really.

Down-Meteor Smash
(lol that wasn't intentional)
Pidgit and his carpet catch on fire. Yeah. Anyway, they start descending at rapid speed. They'll only get a Gannondorf and a half downward before the fizzle out. If they hit anyone though, that opponent will takes a whopping 18% damage and heavy downwards knockback with fantastic priority, capable of killing at 70%(By this I mean above ground, but it has to be under him/her. It's pretty obvious, though difficult, that hitting the opponent with this like a Meteor Smash would destroy him/her)! Holy cheese! If the attack hits a grounded opponent, they'll buried! It does have one backside though, a hitbox as big as a Pokeball.

Pidgit's Aerials
Neutral-Peck
Pidgit pecks forward. Not very powerful or damaging, but it's Pidgit's jab pretty much. It's just in air....Yeah. It's a small, almost harmless attack. It doesn't reach very far, and Pidgit moves forward a little while using it. But it is highly spammable, so have a field day with that. If you can get past it's low priority, that is. It deals 3% damage per peck and almost non-existent knockback.

Side-Spin me right round
Pidgit spins around on his Carpet! Awwww.....This attack can be executed very fast, is less than a second, and if the button is held, the attack will go continuously. But this will make Pidgit continuously move forward at his current speed. Pidgit can rack up a vast amount of hits with this attack, because of its disjointed hitboxes and such. Each hit deals 2% damage with very light knockback. The priority here is lame, though.

Back-Swish
Pidgit will make a sharp turn and then make another turn. A 360, really. Anyone hit by this attack will be swept onto the carpet, including allies. This attack does take .8 Seconds to execute, and the ending lag may be problem. Oh well. If you aren't caught in the middle, you'll take 12% damage with medium knockback. The priority is surprisingly good. This attack will kill at 98%, and if you're caught in this middle, you'll take the damage without the knockback.

Down-Off their feet
As in what he knocks them off. Creative naming ftw! Anyway, Pidgit will lock onto the nearest target and swoop down at their current position, wherever they may be. He will pass through walls and platforms, but he is AI during this attack. The attack is long, he will move at Falco's run towards the opponent, then to the opposite side of the stage of where h was. This gives the opponent plenty of time to dodge, however. Thankfully, the attack comes without warning, so the lag isn't a total loss. If the opponent is hit, they take 15% damage with knockback that kills at 77%. The priority isn't bad, but isn't good either. At the end of the attack, Pidgit is at the opposite end of the stage.

Up-Loop-The-Loop
Pidgit loops the loop. This loop is as wide as 1.5 Bowsers, and as tall as 1.2 Gannondorfs. Why this does make it so avoiding this attack(With its small hitbox), the range it covers is rather large. Plus, the 18% damage with heavy upward knockback is nice. It has great priority and is a sure KO at 80%. You won't go through solids, though. Watch out. The attack is similar to the Down Aerial in that it's a long animation, taking about 1.4 seconds.

Grab and Throws
Grab-Grab
i r creativez. Pidgit lurches forward, and grabs the opponent with his beak. It has little reach, but if the opponent's on the carpet, it'll get him/her. Also can be spammed, as it has little lag.

Pummel-Bite
Not a very complicated pummel, as Pidgit simply tightens his grip. This deals 2% damage to the opponent. Unfortunately, the ending lag on this one is rather long. About .6 seconds of the ending lag alone.

Forward-Shove Off
Pidgit will selflessly push the opponent of the carpet, having them enter their 'helpless fall' state for about a second before being able to recover again. The whole throw deals about 3% damage, but he point is for it to be used at a low point. It takes about .7 seconds to execute, and has a couple invincibility frames.

Back-Swing
Pidgit viciously throws the opponent backwards, with knockback that could KO at 80%. This throw deals around 5% damage, and it takes a long amount of time to execute. The lag on both ends his surprisingly strong. That may be cause it's a rather powerful throw. The lag may equal 1.4 seconds.

Up/Down-Magical Pots/Vases/Whatever/Potato
Pidgit uses those special pot thingies for this attack. Basically, a Pot appears next to Pidgit in these attacks, which he stuffs the opponent into. This stuffing takes about .9 seconds. Now, the pot will vanish. It will then reappear in a different place a second later depending on the move used. It will appear towards the bottom and release the opponent out of the top, giving them some slight recovery time for .9 seconds before it vanishes if it's the Up throw. If it's the down throw, it'll appear for the top, and release them downward, allowing for some juggling possibilities. No damage for either of these, though.

Grounded Pidgit Info
Well, um.....It's Pidgit. It uses Pidgit Neutral Air as it's jab, and his Forward Air as his Dash Attack. He shares Grabs and throws with regular Pidgit. Again, this is an emergency state.

Final Smash-Subspace

A potion will appear in whatever Character is being used hand/grabbing apparatus. He may then throw it, creating a door to enter when it hits something. Then you'll have 4 seconds to enter that door before it vanishes. If they succeed in this, they'll enter subspace. The stage will become Black for 10 seconds and all opponents/items/hazards will become Mushrooms(Or Highest-Ranked Coin in a Coin Battle) that heal 60% damage when picked up. If an opponent mushroom is eaten(Or been picked up as a coin), the opponent will lose a stock. After 10 seconds, the stage returns to normal. The potion is rather light, so when thrown it will travel far. If no items are picked up in subspace, everything will return to normal afterwards. Items/Hazards follow the same rules if eaten/collected.

Playstyle
I feel I work my best when the Playstyle is rather short. So here's a summary:
Sparky is a damage racker. Spam the Neutral special. Why they're stunned, link up to them with Side Special. Then you'll do damage with contact. Stun with down tilt. Forward Smash them now. Repeat or switch sides with Down Special. Then sneak attack with dash attack. Now use Neutral Special combined with forward tilt. That knocks them into the air. Juggle with Up Smash, Up Tilt, and Down tilt. Finish racking with Down Smash. Pummel also good with stunning. Now change to Pidgit.
Still need to rack a little damage? No problem. Use the side special, side aerial, neutral area, pummel, forward throw, and back aerial. Now to KO. Spamming the Neutral special is okay on lighter characters, but heavier characters require different methods. Such as the down special, the up aerial, the down aerial, namely. Catching the opponent with these attacks may be tricky. Try the down throw combined with the up aerial. Another tactic to try would be the up throw with the side special.
Position is key. Stay in the action with Sparky; his hitstun is critical. Great for racking up damage, especially because of his knockback immunity. Pidgit however, needs to stay as far away from the action as possible. It's best because of the carpet stamina and his weight.

Match-Ups
VS Bully: 65/35(2fSMB2's favor)
Bully Angry! Bully take Sparky guy down easy, but flying guy in air! Bully can't hit! Bully angry! Bully get swept away by tornadoes! Nooo! Bully not good in against aerial opponent.

VS Blaster: 50/50(Tie)
Sparky will get pummeled by lots of projectiles, but fair use of the neutral special could help racking damage. The side special is also a fairly good attack if you can think of a way to use it without getting shot. After sufficient damage, you can switch to Pidgit. Pidgit, however, will have quite a hard time knocking Blaster off of his mounts. Plus, he's also rather heavy. But Tornado is one of Pidgit's better moves in this situation, sadly.

VS Ultimate Chimera: 30/70(Ultimate Chimera's favor)
No, seriously. They actually have a small chance. Sparky is an easy kill, yes. But Pidgit and its endless flight make it quite the opponent against UC. Pidgit has 2 attacks that can switch off the Chimera; the Down Special and Down Aerial. All Pidgit needs to do is to fly behind the Chimera and turn him off, then he can proceed to rack damage with Sparky(Although not recommended) or try to KO him from there using Tornado or some other moves.

VS Drifblim: lol they're both in the air
I was sick the day everyone read Drifblim. I've just recently got into reading sets anyway. I know I'm so late.

VS TAC: 45/55(TAC's Favor)
TAC has lots of attacks to steal from Sparky, but in a match with Pidgit, most of the attacks TAC can steal will be useless because of his lack of flight. Except there is a way TAC can use these attacks. By stealing Sparky's Down Special. TAC will gain flight. Thus making the moves useful again. However these won't help TAC much without stealing some racking moves.

Extras(Almost done with this set)
Victory Theme-Standard Mario Victory Theme
Icon-Shy Guy Mask
Sparky Taunt 1-Sparky sits in one place and concentrates
Sparky Taunt 2-Sparky spins around.
Sparky Taunt 3-Sparky explodes. Then respawns.
Sparky Entrance-Comes out of a Pot
Pidgit Taunt 1-Pidgit makes a small loop
Pidgit Taunt 2-Pidgit makes a 'caw' sound
Pidgit Taunt 3-Pidgit wipes his feet on the carpet like a good little boy. Unlike you guys, you naughty little things. You always tread dirt onto my nice clean floor. You guys need to learn some manners. Manners and respect. I spent all day cleaning the carpet and you guys just come in and track mud all over it. Well, in my day my father wouldn't let that slide, oh no. He'd take me and he'd make me do the laundry for a week! A WEEK! A whole seven days, you naughty little things. Kids these days..........
Pidgit Entrance-Flies in on a carpet
Grounded Pidgit has no taunts or entrance
Victory 1-Pidgit and Sparky ride the carpet together.
Victory 2-Pidgit attempts to jump over Sparky, who is circling his carpet.
Victory 3-Pidgit is shocked by Sparky. Ouch!

Katapultar

Smash Lord
[size=+3]Sparky and Pidgit[/size]
I've never actually played SMB2, but the combination of Sparky and Pidgit seems odd. Regardless, It's up to you.

I kind of feel that the quirks are sort of out of place despite being true to character: Sparky touching a foe to damage them is extremely unfair, and only taking knockback from attacks that do 13% or more isn't very fair against certain characters either. Also, how fast Pidgit flies is not mentioned. Im pretty much against these quirks.

Despite this qualm, you're definitely improving. Your sets become easier to read one after another, more color, occasional bits of lol, you get the point. I still favour Bully of all your sets, though one of these days you may make something that impresses me even more. Hopefully more people give you some reception, especially for the sake of the thread.

Koppakirby

Smash Cadet
[size=+3]Sparky and Pidgit[/size]
I've never actually played SMB2, but the combination of Sparky and Pidgit seems odd. Regardless, It's up to you.

I chose them because I wanted a damage racker and a projectile/KOing character. Sparky came to mind for the first, then Pidgit just worked its way in, despite much better choices. Also, It's not 'Sparky and Pidgit', it's '2 From Super Mario Bros. 2'.

I kind of feel that the quirks are sort of out of place despite being true to character: Sparky touching a foe to damage them is extremely unfair, and only taking knockback from attacks that do 13% or more isn't very fair against certain characters either. Also, how fast Pidgit flies is not mentioned. Im pretty much against these quirks.

Unfair? Well, I did say the priority was low on that one, didn't I? If I left that out, I'm terribly sorry. I also knocked that knockback shield down 5% at your request. And Pidgit moves at a '6'. I did state that in the set.

Despite this qualm, you're definitely improving. Your sets become easier to read one after another, more color, occasional bits of lol, you get the point. I still favour Bully of all your sets, though one of these days you may make something that impresses me even more. Hopefully more people give you some reception, especially for the sake of the thread.

I have a fan? This is shocking. I'd like to thank the academy. No, just kidding. And I am looking to top Bully, who has become quite popular(Even Warlord thinks so, apparently).
Thanks for the comment, response in GREEN!

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
With Sparky

What prevents him from being the ultimate Stall character?

Unless I missed something, he can go underside of platforms (Unhittable underneath certain stages) and can infinite into the wall with his damage on touch

Junahu

Smash Ace
Sparky & Pidgit: This very nearly could have been the ultimate 2 characters at once character. If only you could control them both symultaneously.
Imagine Pidgit flying above Sparky, with both responding to your inputs (in this situation, jumping would make Pidgit fly higher. And if one was knocked away from the other, they would become CPU-Nana controlled until they blindly stumbled back to their ally). It'd be the perfect ground/air force all in one, and the playstyle could revolve around forcing the foe into the air, and then back down again and so on and so on. It would create various subtleties with the attacks, such as Sparky's Up-Smash hitting Pidgit unless Pidgit flies high enough first.

it would also stop them from being blatant stallers. If the foe can't reach Pidgit, he'll just go after Sparky, and vice-versa.

And now that I've thought of it, I'm too giddy to comment the actual set. I'd just feel dissapointed that you can't control them both at once.
Maybe I'm just overthinking it...​

Post #666 is coming... someone better post something diabolical there (not me, someone else)

kitsuneko345

Smash Ace
*sending Sundance lots of apple pies on Pi Day, as
Kit's review in

Twofer Two

I was just irritated how no one seems to be keeping the thread alive at all because it's been stickied. That's the reasoned I commenting on the moveset. Nothing else.

OK, let's see here. Sparky's Side Special could have been great by making him move like a circle and moving toward the circumfernce upwards, giving Sparky the ability to trek through close enough platforms without the need of an opponent taking damage to him. The forward tilt to me seems overpowered to the always good Little sparky. I would suggest maybe lowering the size, damage and HP to about 1.5x. Do up tilt Little Sparkies have the same effects as neutral special sparkies? I hope not. I liked the rest of Sparky though, especially Stalk, although that move feels slightly underpowered... maybe give Sparky at least 1.5 increase in size or make Sparky keep traveling near the opponent until you insert a another move? Ah, you're the expert. You figure it out.

I already see problems with Pidgit's moveset. How big is Tornado and how far does it go? What's the Barrel Roll's Prioity? Or that of the Meteor Smsh when hit from above? Basically, Pidgit is overpowered when nobodys on the carpet. when someone is on the carpet, you have a nice moveset that can have potential and a good palystyle. However I can't seem to find a playstyle with those as much as give lots of damge to the opponent. No giving space just spam spam spam. This moveset has potentiol, but it needs to be done right to make it epic. All in all, it isn't, but a great try nonetheless. Just try harder. you better than me already, and I have participate in 4 contests.

Now that that's done. I think I should do something to celebrate. Or maybe to add a few more comments. A move from my upcoming (read: unlikely to be finished) moveset.

Side Special- Static

Your partner Minun (or you if Minun is Koed out) will jump towards the foe in a similar manner to Diddy's Side B, expect that when he grabs he will be closer to the opponent's body rather than the head. If he doesn't grab any opponent, you can just make press B again before the flip animation is done to give out a 9% electrical attack with some lag, good knockback, & the chance of killing at 180%. By pressing B again while you grabbed your opponent, the mouse will rub himself next to the opponent's body and send out small electrical charges to the opponent. Strangely, it doesn't give damage to the opponent, but it does give an internal effect known as Charge.

Charge refers to the kind of electrical power that the character has with them. Most character doesn't have this, which makes them neutral in this case. Plusle and Minun however have a positive and negative charge with them (respectively), so they can rub that charge to opponents via kinetic energy. The effect has different purposes depending on the moves you use, but we'll deal with the most common move in P&M's arsenal: Electrical attacks.

When you attack your opponent with an electrial attack as one of the rodents after you used the pummel, the move willl either increase or decrease in damage given depending on one of two factors: who initiated the pummel and who initiated the electrical attack. If the pummel was of a different charge than the attack (Minun does the grab while Plusle gives the attack or vice versa), the later's damage will increase by 3%. However, if they're both the same charge, then the attack will decrease by 3%. As a minor note, it does take five seconds to recharge yourself from using this attack, so you'd have to either wait to try this again or switch between partner to use this again.

What if someone besides me attacks the charged opponent before I have a chance to , you say? Well, if that attack was physical, then you are in luck! Whenever another opponent (even another P&M) attacks the charged opponent with a physical attack, that opponent will take the same amount of damage as the opponent recieved via static electricity. Whether it's as weak as Luigi's taunt or as powerful as a Falcon Punch, that uncharged opponent will take that damage as long as it's considered physical. Even worse is when both of the opponents have different charges, as if one attacks the other with a physical attack, the damage they will get will be 1.25x that damage. However, when one opponent is attacked by one of a different charge... nothing happens to the one who gave the attack. Did you expect .75x damge to the heir of this dirty deed? Preposterous! That's too much to think about!

Of course there is more to this move than meets the eye, but we'll discuss more of this later on. Like possibly never.

Agi

Smash Lord

LOLcat. Seriously, what was I thinking? Honestly, every single one of the attacks is a picture with a blurb. In some cases, I only list the damage and knockback, sans any sort of animation. Then again, this was really my misinterpreted attempt at the whole "age of detail" thing... I totally thought that everyone was talking about move animation. Lag and range... those never crossed my mind. I'm just going to stop talking now, before I say that I actually thought that LOLcat was good at the time I posted i-

Really, though, I'm surprised I stuck around in MYM after posting the cat. I got two comments, one of them telling me to 'Lurk moar' (?), and the other just saying that 'LOLcat was epic XD', to which I still haven't worked out a reply. And... I've still yet to get that review I requested, Warlord. (chew)

Really, Clipit was about the same level as LOLcat... but I was actually inspired to make him. I still follow the same pattern of set-making now as I did with Clipit, with just taking that first move and going for it. The main difference? The move I was excited about with Clipit was the NAir, which I knew even then was a blatant ripoff of Squirtle's.

It doesn't help that, due to this set, my nickname was "Microsoft Nerd" for a couple months.

Still not out of the woods yet on my hated sets. I honestly have NO idea why Plorf likes this moveset so much. It's the definition of a props/summons character without playstyle, with a tacked-on mechanic that weakens an already bottom-tier character. Talk about a disaster. Also, while it at least makes sense for N's successor, The Kid, to summon his traps, (due to have attaining the exalted status of The Guy,) the traps in N's own game are specifically programmed to kill him, making this set underpowered, playstyleless, a prop moveset, and now out of character. Fun times.

Mallow. I actually had hopes for Mallow, back in the day. I made him after buying Super Mario RPG on Virtual Console and realizing that making a moveset for Geno would be a horrible, horrible idea. Mallow is pretty basic, the kind of moveset that you could actually expect to see in Brawl, but he brought with him the Mario RPGs' Timed Hit system, with which Mallow could actually combo. I dunno. He's definitely the best of my pre-Simirror sets, because he doesn't pretend to be something that he's not... he just takes some basic moves and rolls with them, throwing a little twist into the mix.

Airman has really fallen out of favor with me, with time. He's just your basic "ammo bank" moveset, with a different way of gathering his ammo. Moving around quickly would cause the fan in his chest to spin faster, increasing the Torque that he had to use. He's certainly not a bad moveset, by any means, but it's certainly uncreative compared to most of my other efforts.

And The Kid. Yeah, there's a reason that I didn't offer him up to the definitive roster, when given a chance. Honestly, apart from IWBTG nostalgia, Kid is a trap moveset. Well, yeah, of course he is, but that's ALL that he is. Just run around and set up as many traps as you can, and blindly hope that the foe runs into them. Sure, he had a couple moves to help his opponent get into the line of fire... well, just the one, really. The FThrow would drag the foe blindly forwards, and the DThrow would cause a giant L block to fall from the sky, searching out the opponent while they ran around, setting off traps while they escaped. And I still think that the FAir's Metroid is one of the coolest stand-alone attacks I've ever written, and was a bit surprised when NO ONE commented on it. MT even skipped over it in his review.

I had to really think, deciding between number 6 and number 5, but I eventually settled with Shikamaru. Why? Well, I honestly do believe that Shika is a better moveset than Thief is. However, everything in the moveset... and I do mean everything... is blatant plagiarism. From the super awesome techniques of running the shadow under the stage and attaching the bomb to the vest and throwing it up and exploding it to create a shadow and *takes breath*... all the creative work was done by Kishimoto. The one original move I DID make was the FAir, which was called out for being incredibly tacked-on.

Which brings us to Thief, the moveset that KRool Super Voted and Picked Scyther and Mushroom over. (I forgive you.) Thief's concept is still incredibly fun, no matter how many times I read it. The basic idea of -negotiating- with your opponent while simultaneously beating the snot out of them is just such a sharp contrast that it makes me laugh. Now, Thief is undoubtedly underpowered, I'm quite aware of that. It takes a long time to get the opponent bound into a contract in the first place, and then you have to wait for them to break the terms, and did I mention that signing the contract heals them? Even when you are finally able to use the move that's supposed to cause the KO, it's pretty darn weak when you consider all the effort it took. Still, I adore the concept behind the moveset, causing me to place it at #5.

I never would have thought to put Bubble Man this high on my list if Rool hadn't put him on his "Top 11 Movesets." After seeing that, I looked back... and wondered how it was THE KID who placed 7th back in MYM 5. I took a character that couldn't even walk, and turned him into a literal mobility machine! Bubble Man excelled in approaching the foe: he could lower the friction of the ground to approach faster, hide behind a wall of quick-moving projectiles, jump up and stop his motion immediately with a quick stall-then-fall, use an FTilt while moving to launch himself up into the air, send a rushing river towards his opponent... he had it all. While I don't place him as my top moveset, he's pretty high up there, as you can see.

So, Simirror. Simirror Simirror Simirror. He was my first real contribution to MYM, (ignoring the CSS for now... which I should really get back to creating,) and I'll always love my last MYM 4 set, which was when I really felt that I had a place in the community. That I belonged. What I really remember Simirror for is his aerial game. His FAir and BAir linked into his to-this-day confusing (to others (wary)) Up Special in a way that I still love. I mean, how many characters can just create a wall in midair? Simirror's throws were also incredibly mindgamey. Each Pummel would flipflop the opponent's controls, and his UThrow just added to the mix of confusion, possibly leading to the opponent causing their own demise. He was also pretty darn concise, written before the overdetail that haunted me with Airman.

...actually, thinking it over, Bubble Man was better than Simirror, but I'm too lazy to make new images. Just imagine that the two are swapped.

Hornet Man! Oddly enough, my best set to that point was written at the worst time, when I was haunted by... college-level Calculus. At that time in my MYMing career, my grades were -just- beginning to slip, giving me less and less access to the computer. I managed to crank out Hornet Man using a handy flowchart diagram I'd worked out, which may be what led to the term "flowchart playstyle," since I actually posted this diagram as an extra. But... you want to hear about the actual set, don't you? (sry)

Hornet Man's Neutral Special defines exactly what I aim for in a moveset. Having a construct to interact with just gives me so much more that I can do when writing a set. Hornet Man makes the hive, the hive makes the Hornets, the Hornets make honey and attack the foe. You can use the Hornets as a shield, to recover, to start pulling the opponent offstage. You can call them near you with your Dash Attack, splatter the opponents with honey to cause them to attack automatically. You can splatter yourself with honey to cause your Hornets to be attracted to you automatically, and heal themselves as they eat the golden liquid. Hornet Man would be that character that you really have to experiment with in order to discover exactly what he can do.

And then we have my most recent endeavor, Sheep Man. I absolutely LOVE Sheep Man. The Neutral Special, like Hornet Man's, sets the tone of the set right from the beginning. Shoot bolts into clouds to make them fire in six directions. Link clouds together in a triangle shape to make them entirely self-sufficient. Throw some Thunder Wool up in there to make them stronger, and don't forget to shoot yourself with the bolts to build up your static electricity! The set's writing style is also incredibly welcoming; I often find myself rereading it and laughing at my own jokes. Sheep Man is just... my vision of a perfect moveset. If I could've worked out something special for the FThrow, I'd be one happy evil genius.​

Katapultar

Smash Lord
Lolcat is my favourite set of yours. I don't care what you think. It's funny because it's a cat. You should actually go back to CSS making, cus everyone loves you for it.

Replying cus the thread is not very active. The quicker posts are made the better for the thread.

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Lolcat is my favourite set of yours. I don't care what you think. It's funny because it's a cat. You should actually go back to CSS making, cus everyone loves you for it.

Replying cus the thread is not very active. The quicker posts are made the better for the thread.
Of course, you only like funny sets.

You already know it, but Shikamaru is still my favorite of your's, Agi. And who is this Kishimoto guy? I hope you'll forgive me for not commenting on Sheep Man, he'll get a MU in an upcoming set to make up for it. The images are great, by the way.

Kris121

Smash Journeyman
An effort to revive the thread

One Man Band
One Man Band is a very powerful character. He has the unique ability to change the music of the stage. All of his attacks hit everybody on the stage and he is here just so I can share my favorite musics with you. Enjoy!
-STATS-
He’s a fat man who carries tons of instruments. Use your imagination. :|
-MOVESET-
♪Neutral Special ♪ The One Man Band taps his foot and breaths in very quickly. After this he plays “St. Thomas”
At this point all enemies take 15% and weak knockback.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UA2XIWZxMKM&feature=related
♪Side Special ♪ The One Man Band taps his foot and breaths in very quickly. After this he plays “Choreography”
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8B7a6ts3Ul8
♪Up Special ♪ The One Man Band taps his foot and breaths in very quickly. After this he plays “Aztec Fire”
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AP0oi4k9L9Y
♪Down Special ♪ The One Man Band taps his foot and breaths in very quickly. After this he plays “Married Life”
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93jxkqG0gWc
-STANDARDS-

♪Jab ♪- The One Man Band taps his foot and breaths in very quickly. After this he plays “Be Prepared” from the Lion King.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0AiN8vrn9Y

♪Forward Tilt ♪ The One Man Band taps his foot and breaths in very quickly. After this he plays “Who Better than me” from Tarzan.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqhZZKXfopQ&feature=related

♪Upward Tilt ♪ The One Man Band taps his foot and breaths in very quickly. After this he plays “Rock Island” from the Music Man.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZ9U4Cbb4wg

♪Downward Tilt♪ The One Man Band taps his foot and breaths in very quickly. After this he plays “Go the Distance” From Hercules
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScKztLwDya8

-SMASHES-
♪Forward Smash ♪ The One Man Band taps his foot and breaths in very quickly. After this he plays

♪Upward Smash ♪ The One Man Band taps his foot and breaths in very quickly. After this he plays The Office Theme Song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dBhlayFwFE&feature=related

♪Downward Smash ♪ The One Man Band taps his foot and breaths in very quickly. After this he plays Pokemon Johto Theme from the anime.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWiN2_nQdQs

-AERIALS-
♪Neutral Aerial ♪ The One Man Band taps his foot and breaths in very quickly. After this he plays “How to save a life” By the Fray
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjVQ36NhbMk

♪Forward Aerial ♪ The One Man Band taps his foot and breaths in very quickly. After this he plays “Arigatou” By Sunset Swish
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPD94RB2jzs

♪Downward Aerial ♪ The One Man Band taps his foot and breaths in very quickly. After this he plays “American Pie” by Don McLean.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAsV5-Hv-7U

♪Upward Aerial ♪ The One Man Band taps his foot and breaths in very quickly. After this he plays “I Gotta Feeling” By The Black Eyed Peas”
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSD4vsh1zDA

♪Backward Aerial ♪ The One Man Band taps his foot and breaths in very quickly. After this he plays “Viva La Vida” by Coldplay.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvgZkm1xWPE

-GRABS-
♪Grab ♪- The One Man Band taps his foot and breaths in very quickly. After this he plays Kingdom Hearts.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZVAvHah9io

♪Pummel ♪ The One Man Band taps his foot and breaths in very quickly. After this he plays Final Fantasy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwyoV85EYLo

♪Throw ♪ The One Man Band taps his foot and breaths in very quickly. After this he plays Stickerbrush Symphony
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J67nkzoJ_2M
-FINAL SMASH-
♪Final Smash ♪- The One Man Band taps his foot and breaths in very quickly. After this he plays Pulse De Chocobo from FFXIII
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDwAN90MKTo&feature=related

So guys I hope you enjoyed a little piece of my life! And if you didn’t figure it out.
Specials were instrumental only
Standards were from Musicals
Grabs were Video Game Music
Aerials were from Pop- Culture
And the Final Smash was from upcoming games.

Katapultar

Smash Lord
[size=+3]One Man Band[/size]
To be honest, I don't know if you've ever made a moveset before, but you've done well to get up and make a..........wait, this is a joke set, isn't it?

Funny, a joke set that's meant to indicate your fav music and bring more life to the thread. One thing I can say: Creative job. And by "intense", you mean intensely weak, right? Right? I'll assume that. If One Man Band had a balanced and proper set, he'd be the most fun of a character ever to use.

As a rule on this page, everyone must state which move of One Man Band they liked best. Mine was the Downward Smash.:happy:

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
666 GET!

Anywho, I might use this for later. Or something.

I've got a moveset done, a joint moveset in the works, and about three more movesets after that. Then, sadly, I might not make many more. School is a ***** (I'm failing two classes) and I have another project I'm being forced to work on. I'll still stick around, I just don't have much time to devote to movesetting.

This doesn't mean I'm leaving MYM or anything. It just means you'll see fewer sets from me.

Neherazade

Smash Journeyman
666 GET!

EDIT: ultra-ninja'd. Probably gonna post my joint set here, or something... KRAZYGLUE where you at?

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
@Kat: My favorite move was the Grab. Orchestrated Simple and Clean is sex.

A WINRAR IS YOU (H)

EDIT: ultra-ninja'd. Probably gonna post my joint set here, or something... KRAZYGLUE where you at?
Yeah, you got ninja'd by about four hours dude o.o That being said, I -HIGHLY- suggest not posting your set here; middle of the page on a random page with no real warning of this post. Posting it at a later date on a fresh page will help people see it without having to follow links to this post and all that, it's just much easier for you if you take a new post! Glad to see a newcomer though, looking forward to your guys' joint set!

King Iwata

Smash Rookie
The One Man Band looks to be a splendid character addition - we don't have to make the gameplay effects of his moves creative, we can just make the music change to specific tracks for each attack and every move will be different! Very easy to program, and yet it'd still be looked at as one of the most unique characters! While the songs you suggested we don't have the rights to, the basic concept is very good. We'd just edit the songs to ones that are already in the game. However; I'm not fond of the fact that we'd never get to enjoy listening to any of the music due to the music constantly changing. . .I suppose you could just use the same move again and again since they're all the same so they music wouldn't change, but what about stale moves? I suppose we could just make it not apply to One Man Band. . .

All in all, well done. Easily the best moveset ever produced by this illegal contest. In response to Katapultar's question, my favorite move in the set, personally, was the forward smash.

Junahu

Smash Ace
While the songs you suggested we don't have the rights to, the basic concept is very good. We'd just edit the songs to ones that are already in the game.
Or pay pittance to some random shmoe and have him make "legally admissable" cover-versions. It sure works in those music games. I mean, it's not like the core demographic can tell the difference, right? It's only the sole glint of light in their otherwise miserable lives, as they sit alone in the dark, listening to the same song over and over.

¬_¬ Anyone else notice that the Pummel and Throw are physically impossible to pull off as One Man Band? You tend to need a grab hitbox somewhere in your set in order to pummel and throw..

Kaiser6012

Smash Cadet
Personally, I like the normal Jab. The game needs more music with kickin' bass, yo!
Butyeah, even joke sets need thought and planning. I mean, even I could've done some stuff with a trombone slide and bass drums and that most feared weapon of war... the kazoo...
Plus, from what I see, the OMB isn't fat. Just saying. ;)

Can you feel it? The feel of eyes on the back of your head? The feel of death approaching?
Stay tuned... Someone approaches quickly seeking vengeance...

Neherazade

Smash Journeyman
@ One Man Band: the Bair sucks. I'm educated in the ways of MYM... kinda.

@MarthTrinity: thanks for the advise. Was hoping to release at the end of this move-set lull, but OMB killed those hopes. :mad: Still have to finish the move-set write-up and play-style write-up, but the hardest part is finally through.

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Was hoping to release at the end of this move-set lull, but OMB killed those hopes. :mad: Still have to finish the move-set write-up and play-style write-up, but the hardest part is finally through.
Well, prepare for the worst and hope for the best. Posting a good first moveset gives you some good footing for later movesets, if you can improve with quality (which you almost always can).

King Iwata

Smash Rookie
Or pay pittance to some random shmoe and have him make "legally admissable" cover-versions. It sure works in those music games. I mean, it's not like the core demographic can tell the difference, right? It's only the sole glint of light in their otherwise miserable lives, as they sit alone in the dark, listening to the same song over and over.
Unlike you silly Americans, we Japanese have a sense of honor. We don't go blatantly ripping off other songs - you Americans are the people who rip us off. Just look at how many times you've tried and failed to duplicate Mario and Pokemon!

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
VALOZARG

Valozarg is a Pit Lord, one of the most heralded ranks in a highly respected race of demons. While most Pit Lords were known for their brute strength, those few who bothered to mess in the arcane arts are among the more respected, such as Mannoroth. Mannoroth; however, still was as bloodthirsty as any Pit Lord, hence why he was still respected. Valozarg, on the other hand, insisted on corrupting his enemies with his blood rather then finishing them off. He generally preferred to let his corrupted minions do the fighting for him, hence he was disrespected for slothfulness. Most of the time he even preferred his minions to bring him more fools to corrupt rather then going out on the battlefield at all, an opportunity most Pit Lords would rush into eagerly.

Of course, Valozarg is still among the most powerful of Pit Lords and the Pit Lords themselves are a powerful racer, but considering he so rarely displays his battle prowess he often gets underestimated by his fellow demons. The fact that Mannoroth took credit for many of Valozarg’s corruptions didn’t help matters, and considering Mannoroth’s popularity and actual battle presence there was little Valozarg could do to dispute it. . .

Valozarg eventually tired of being insulted and recruiting slaves into an army he had no control over. He finally went out on another raid personally, but he betrayed the group after the group halfway through the battle. He corrupted the Goblins he fought with the single exception of Gobjob who managed to escape – it served quite the testament to him of the power of demonblood.

Unfortunately, some of the demons got away to inform Mannoroth of Valozarg’s betrayal. Ultimately Valozarg was defeated by Mannoroth and dealt with in the same manner as all traitors to the Burning Legion. While Valozarg was just as powerful as Mannoroth in fighting mortals, using demonblood to corrupt demons isn’t particularly practical, meaning Mannoroth’s superior combat reigned supreme. Mannoroth ultimately regretted killing Valozarg in that with him gone he had to do most of the corrupting himself – he had to work overtime to keep up his reputation that Valozarg had previously made for him. Mannoroth almost failed in the corrupting of the Orcs, but thanks to Valozarg’s influence on Gobjob the opportunistic Goblin persuaded them to drink.

MIGHT OF THE PIT LORD

Valozarg’s size is absolutely massive. Seeing him in screenshots, there’s no way you’d think he’d be playable. If you cut off the back of his body to make him humanoid rather then centaur-like, he’d already be 1.5X Bowser’s width and double Ganon’s height. Now then, if you take his back half into account, you’ve got another Bowser’s worth of body to haul around. And that’s not counting that ridiculously long tail which stretches out an extra battlefield platform beyond that. His wings are absolutely massive, though they’re so large that they stretch into the foreground/background and thus aren’t hurtboxes.

Valozarg would be the definition of combo food simply for his absurd size that makes Ridley (Yes, he’s actually a good chunk larger then the Ridley boss) cower in fear, but he takes limited knockback and hitstun. You do realize that realistically gigantic characters take less stun, not more, right? Christ, what fighting games teach you kids these days. . .
  • Hitting Valozarg’s tail causes no hitstun or knockback to him, and only deals half the normal damage to boot.
  • Hitting Valozarg’s main body causes him to take no hitstun and 75% of the normal damage. This is the only place you can hit Valozarg where he actually takes knockback, and considering he’s so ridiculously heavy you aren’t going to get him to budge for a long, long time.
  • Hitting Valozarg’s head is the only way to stun him and deals full damage to him. This doesn’t make him take any knockback, though.
  • Valozarg is completely immune to grabs, tripping, and being pitfalled.
  • Valozarg only takes half the knockback for attacks that deal set knockback.
  • Valozarg has no aerials or dash attack. In their place, he has special smashes, 4 grabs and 4 pummels. While he has infinite aerial jumps with his mighty wings, he falls more quickly then he can fly due to his massive girth. His recovery is a fairly poor strictly horizontal one seeing he has no recovery move, but getting him off the stage at all is mind bogglingly difficult. Valozarg can use his ground moves in the air should he be knocked into it with the exception of dsmash and dgrab, so you can’t just casually juggle him.
  • Valozarg cannot shield and doesn’t have traditional dodges, him unable to move his entire mass in a hasty fashion due to his size. Inputting a spot dodge has him duck his head back, making it and only it invulnerable. Inputting a backwards “roll” causes him to swing his lower half into the background for a dodge and visa versa for a forward “roll”. This doesn’t actually move Valozarg and they’re generally pretty bad dodges. Valozarg’s spot dodge for his head is decent, though.
. . .So. . .Valozarg is completely and utterly god tier. What do you expect? He wasn’t doing anything to you being lazy in his lair, YOU were the one who decided to come raid his fortress. Any adventurer foolish enough to challenge Valozarg alone must have a deathwish. . .If you expect to bring down the demon, you’ll have to organize a raiding party.

When Valozarg is picked on the character select screen, the game automatically switches the mode to teams and pits everybody else against Valozarg. You can still fight Valozarg in any way you wish, but he’s meant to be played 3v1 – the only mode where you have any hope of defeating this monstrosity.

If you still want to casually pull out Valozarg to use in a items FFA, it’s possible. Valozarg’s cleaver is where he gets his physical range from – how do you expect him to hit foes with those tiny arms? Unfortunately for him, he can’t reach down to pick up items. He can still use items like mushrooms (Since he totally needs to get bigger, right?) and smash balls they don’t require being picked up, but with items on things will become very awkward for him, particularly when his size automatically means he’ll be public enemy #1. Valozarg draws much attention in FFAs – it may as well be a 3v1 anyways. Even if you don’t want to hit him, odds are you’ll accidentally hit him instead of your desired target.

STATS

Size: 40
Weight: 40
Falling Speed: 15
Power: 10
Priority:10
Range: 10
Attack Speed: 7.5
Jumps: 4.5
Movement: 4
Recovery: 3
Aerial Movement: 2.5
Traction: 1

10/10 Priority, Range, and Power and 7.5/10 Attack Speed with no negative mechanic are absolutely horrifying, though you have to keep in mind his ridiculous size, which is an insane disadvantage in fighters. Considering only his head takes stun, though, there’s a reason that you’re fighting him 3 on 1. . .

The closest thing Valozarg has to a real weakness is recovery, but that’s rather a gimmick weakness when he’s so heavy (His average death percentage is 400%), much like Meta Knight being light is a gimmick when his recovery is so good. Even Valozarg’s movement isn’t that bad simply due to him covering so much ground when he takes a single step. . .So how does he have such horrible traction if he has no momentum to lose? He doesn’t, it just simply takes a very long time for Valozarg to turn around in general due to his size.

DEMONBLOOD

As Valozarg takes damage, blood spills out of him. Every 10% he takes makes a single puddle of blood get knocked out of him as wide as Bowser. Valozarg can use various attacks to animate his blood and can create it through other means – you’ll see how in his various moves. Valozarg’s blood vanishes after he loses a stock, though he’ll be surviving more then long enough to make use of it.

Some of Valozarg’s moves causes the demonblood to go into the enemy and start corrupting them. . .Why fight the foolish raiders when you can have them kill each other? Corrupted foes become cpu controlled allies to Valozarg, the corruption lasting the entire stock. No need to be wasteful. The adventurers were so very kind to come to you, it’s time to make some new loyal minions! A corruption meter is displayed under the foe’s percentage to show how close they are to joining your ranks. If everybody else joins your side, then the entire raiding party simply loses a stock rather then the match ending prematurely. If Valozarg dies and he still has corrupted minions, the match continues and the Valozarg player gains control of one of them.

SPECIALS

NEUTRAL SPECIAL - VOMIT

Valozarg pukes up his blood in front of him. You can tilt Valozarg’s head to vomit at any angle, and the move has a mere .1 second of lag. It deals 10% to Valozarg, but that’s relatively trivial to him. Spam away as you see fit. The blood travels two thirds of Battlefield at Captain Falcon’s dash speed.

If the blood hits the ground it creates the same size blood puddle as the ones that are created from damaging Valozarg. If you hit a foe with your blood, it deals no damage or stun but fills up their corruption meter by 5%. While this move is insanely spammable, the damage adds up very fast. The main use of this is to get blood on the field if the raiders are cowering in fear from you and not spilling any blood for you to utilize.

DOWN SPECIAL – BLOOD ELEMENTAL

Valozarg animates the nearest pool of blood into a Blood Elemental with .3 seconds of lag, assuming the blood puddle is at least Bowser’s width. Blood Elementals are Mario’s size and patrol platforms back and forth at a slow speed, attacking anybody who comes into range (1.5 Battlefield platforms) by flinging portions of themselves at foes. This has 1.5X as much lag as Wolf’s blaster. If the blood hits the floor, it creates a teensy puddle one tenth the size of a regular one. If it hits a foe, it fills their corruption meter by 2.5%. Blood Elementals have only 20 HP and lose one tenth of their stamina for every projectile they fire.

If an enemy raider comes right up next to them, they’ll laggily collapse forward to try to envelop themselves entirely into the foe, filling up the foe’s corruption meter by half of what their stamina is. This sacrifices the Blood Elemental, but if they miss it’s not a big deal as whatever percentage of stamina they had left drops down into the same percentage of the blood used to create them.

If the blood puddle Valozarg animates is wider then Bowser’s width due to being adjacent to another blood puddle, then the other blood is used up but the Blood Elemental is more powerful. If the puddle is 1.5X as large, the blood elemental has 1.5X as much size/stamina/corruption power.

If Blood Elementals fire their projectiles at each other or collapse into each other, the blood heals the elemental. If the Blood Elemental goes over max health from this, then it powers up the Blood Elemental as if the blood used was animated into it in the first place.

If Valozarg vomits blood on his Blood Elemental, then it heals them for 10% or increases their size as if a puddle half Bowser’s width was animated into the elemental if they’re at full health.

SIDE SPECIAL – BLOOD WAVE

Valozarg animates the nearest blood puddle with .38 seconds of lag, assuming the blood puddle is at least Bowser’s width. At minimum size the blood wave is Peach’s height and very thin, traveling at Ganon’s dash speed across the platform, getting slower as it goes before collapsing at the end of the platform into however much blood was used to animate it. If it makes contact with a foe before hitting the edge of the platform, the wave crashes down onto them with .15 seconds of lag, filling their corruption meter by 8%.

The more blood in the wave, the larger it is and the more it corrupts when it crashes down onto a foe. If you double the blood used to animate it, you double the size and corruption. Increasing the size of the wave is more beneficial then you’d think in that it prevents foe from jumping over it, and when it reaches large widths you can’t dodge through it. Aside from being good for corrupting it forces foes away when they’re swarming you.

If the Blood Wave goes over any blood on the way, it sucks it up and adds it to its mass. Valozarg can spit blood at the wave to make it bigger, though there’s generally not enough time to do that. If the Blood Wave goes over a Blood Elemental, then whichever is smaller gets absorbed into the larger one.

UP SPECIAL – LEGION’S MIGHT

Valozarg brings his cleaver down to the ground before scooping it up mightily in a triumphant pose and laughing. Again, this does no damage, but Valozarg’s cleaver becomes solid as he hoists it up into the air and holds it sideways over .2 seconds. The cleaver is nearly as wide as he is – 2 Battlefield platforms. He holds it above himself with both arms after hoisting it up, and from here he can tilt the cleaver back and forth with next to no lag. While this leaves you somewhat open to foes who you didn’t scoop up, you can tilt the cleaver to angle it fully it diagonally downward to block foes from getting to you if necessary. You can come out of the stance by pressing any button with .12 seconds of lag.

This isn’t taking into account the fact you can scoop up blood with the cleaver, including Blood Elementals and Blood Waves. You can tilt the cleaver in the opposite direction when a Blood Wave is about to fall off to prevent it from expiring, and if you tilt significantly enough so they never lose speed and last forever and force the foe to continually dodge them. If the foe gets off the cleaver, angle the cleaver so the Blood Wave has a nice ride down onto the stage, picking up more speed all the while.

STANDARDS

NEUTRAL ATTACK – HOWL OF TERROR

Valozarg lets out a massive howl. This causes stun to everyone on-screen, but the stun wears off at the same time as the end lag and the stun decreases as the move stales. The attack is quick to start-up, but has .3 seconds of end lag.

The main use of this attack early on is to discourage foes from attacking your head. There’s a Wario sized hitbox around Valozarg’s head that deals triple the normal stun and 8%. The stun continues when they hit the ground, so you’ll fully get to utilize it.

When you have a lot of blood up, this attack become more useful. Sure, you can’t punish the foe’s stun personally due to being in lag yourself, but using this at crucial moments when the foe is about to dodge a Blood Wave or a Blood Elemental is about to collapse onto them can work quite nicely.

FORWARD TILT - DEATHWINGS

Valozarg does a mighty flap forward with his wings as he brings them onto the playing field. They’re very large hitboxes that cover the front half of Valozarg’s body and reach out half his width in front of him, though they only deal 10% with knockback that kills at 200%. This has a pushback effect twice as strong as FLUDD and reaches out Battlefield’s width from his wings.

This has an awkward half second of starting lag, though there’s no end lag whatsoever, you able to move as Valozarg’s wings slowly fall back into place. If input the move again just as they do, this has no starting lag and his wings go back into place faster. At first you can squeeze in a move or two in-between the flaps of Valozarg’s wings, but if you want to keep taking advantage of zero starting lag ftilts you’ll eventually have to keep mashing away at ftilt after 5 of them. If you stop using ftilt afte repeated uses, Valozarg will flap his wings in place slightly, slowly losing the “momentum” on his wings at the same rate it builds up. If you start up an ftilt during this point it has .3 seconds of start lag, but you can resume roughly where you were if you didn’t wait too long between ftilts.

The main thing that makes this relevant rather then a gimmick is that if Valozarg’s wings have some momentum built up then his aerial jumps propel him further into the air. At high percentages you’ll want to keep some momentum to built up to improve your recovery. This isn’t something you struggle to do at high percents – considering this forces foes away from you, this is very natural.

UP TILT - ENRAGE

Valozarg becomes enraged as he roars, making a Bowser sized hitbox around his head that pushes foes away with 2 Battlefield platforms worth of set knockback. As he roars, he quickly rollsover in a fashion as if he were having a seizure, going berserk. The meat of his body deals 18% and knockback that kills at 130% here. This has no start-up time whatsoever, though it takes .25 seconds for Valozarg to complete his rolling over.

Valozarg forces himself to take any pain he’s going through for this attack – meaning you can activate this when you’re in hitstun as the ultimate GTFO move and Valozarg has superarmor for the attack’s duration, and he keeps the superarmor on his head in-tact for 2 seconds after the attack is over. Indeed, Valozarg takes a page from Ivan Ooze’s playbook here. Unlike the undisputed god of everything, though, Valozarg has an actual cooldown on this move, 12 seconds. This is mainly to prevent 3 foes from taking turns jumping up to your head to keep you permanently stunned or for a character to stand on a platform and repeatedly hammer you in the face.

DOWN TILT - COLLAPSE

Valozarg collapses onto his belly casually, it becoming a massive hitbox that deals 20% and pitfalls foes. Next to no lag, but this leaves Valozarg in his downed position (Which he can’t be knocked into by enemy attacks). Valozarg can’t use rolls from his downed position, and getting up is rather laggy for him without any invincibility frames. His “rising” attack has him roll over and not get up, turning his whole body into a massive hitbox that deals 15% and knockback that kills at 110%, but becomes laggier as it stales. You’re going to have to get up sooner or later and take a big hit to your head – assuming anybody’s left standing, that is.

This becomes a very fast stall then fall with no stall in the air, meaning KOing Valozarg off the top blast zone is extremely difficult. You have to have one guy hit his head to stun him to prevent him from using dtilt and another hit his body with a vertical KO move.

SMASHES

FORWARD SMASH – CLEAVING ATTACK

Valozarg does a mighty swing forward with his massive cleaver. This has as much lag as Dedede’s fsmash with similar power, but the range is absolutely mind boggling – it covers a gigantic half arch in front of him nearly Giga Bowser’s size. The sheer range of this move means you can’t just stay away from him and wait the attack out expecting to still come up to him and get a hit in the end lag – you’ll be much too far away to get to him in time, much less up to his head. Valozarg can throw this move out fairly casually against single foes with little fear of being punished, and he might actually hit with in a crowded setting with lots of Blood Elementals and Doom Guards distracting foes.

DOWN SMASH – EARTHQUAKE

Valozarg roars mightly as he impales his massive cleaver into the ground in front of him, causing all ground his massive body isn’t covering to shoot skyward 1.5X Ganondorf’s height and the ground he’s on to sink into the ground the same amount. The ground then “bounces” back to normal before visa versa happens, the ground under Valozarg skyrocketing up while the other ground sinks down. There’s no lag to the move, but a lengthy 3 second duration. Being on the ground as it skyrockets up deals 24-36% damage and vertical knockback that kills at 140-90%. Valozarg is of course immune to the earthquake.

While the difference is only slight, ground not under Valozarg doesn’t go up into the air as high when it skyrockets up and goes down lower when it sinks down. This isn’t enough to worry about with hitboxes – what it means is that this will cause all the blood on the ground to trickle over to Valozarg’s location and become adjacent to other pools of blood, merging them together so you can use them for one titantic Blood Wave/Blood Elemental.

UP SMASH – BLOODLUST

A cursor appears during the charging that you can move around with the control stick at the speed of Wolf’s run. When you release the charge, there’s a mere .25 seconds of lag before Valozarg casts Bloodlust on the target, meaning you have to avoid the target rather then dodging it. .3 seconds of end lag. This ignores shields.

Once you cast it on the foe, they’ll be glowing with a red aura, boosting their attack and movement speed by 35%. Yes, yes, brilliant! Let’s speed up the foe! No, you incompetent fool. That’s not the point. Whenever an attack that would affect their corruption meter hits, it goes up by 1.5X more then normal when the foe is under the effects of Bloodlust. Bloodlust lasts 15 seconds. Generally you’ll want to use this when the foe is already close to being corrupted so they won’t have much chance to use the speed bonus.

You can cast Bloodlust on Blood Elementals to make them put 35% more of their blood into projectiles, powering them up but making them use up their blood faster. Considering that the blood falls onto the ground for you to just animate again, though, it’s not much to worry about unless you find constantly reanimating the elementals annoying.

SPECIAL SMASHES

SPECIAL DOWN SMASH – REINCARNATION

Valozarg channels a spell over a lengthy 2.3 seconds. Hitting Valozarg’s head interrupts it. In order to pull off this channeling, you’ll want a lot of Blood Elementals up and most of if not all the foes disabled. Corrupt them, constrict them in your tail (See grab-game), what have you.

The channeling is just the beginning. If you pull it off you’ll reincarnate with full life and not lose a stock, keeping all your blood on the stage. . .If you can manage to reach 999%. This isn’t nearly as ridiculous as it sounds – firstly, your average death percentage is 400% so you should already have a pretty good starting point, and secondly you can deal 100% per second to yourself with Neutral Special. While Valozarg has no problem dealing the damage to himself and is actually capable of defending himself unlike with the channeling, if they get through, you’re dead. I don’t care how much you weigh, if you’re at percentages nobody with any sanity should ever be at and they hit you with a remotely powerful attack, you’re dead. This can prolong your end, but it also make it come about more quickly.

SPECIAL FORWARD SMASH – DOOM

This has a cursor just that you move around with identical lag to the A usmash, providing some decent mindgames. Considering some of the foolish raiders are perfectly willing to lose themselves to bloodlust for attack speed, you can bait them into thinking you’re going to speed them up then doom them instead. Those mortals won’t know what’s coming. . .

Should you hit with it, the target will take 1% per second for 10 seconds. Pretty insulting for a boss character such as yourself. The damage isn’t the point, though. If they die while doomed, a Doom Guard will spawn from their corpse. If you KO them off the side blast zones, though, the Doom Guard will instantly die, so you have to KO them off the top blast zone so the Doom Guard falls down onto the stage.

Valozarg can cast this on himself or Blood Elementals as well to spawn Doom Guards. Considering Valozarg mostly dies from horizontal KOs off the blast zone, though, he can’t really use it on himself that well unless he’s attempting to reincarnate – it’ll still count as him “dying” if he reincarnates and spawn a Doom Guard. As for casting it on Blood Elementals, it forces foe to stay the hell away from them less they collapse forward and spawn a Doom Guard. This doesn’t sacrifice their blood either – Valozarg can still reanimate it.

The Doom Guards are 1.6X Ganon’s height and Bowser’s width, patrolling the platform back and forth at Ganon’s walking speed. If anybody comes within ¾ of a battlefield platform on either side of them on the ground, they’ll stomp down with .3 seconds of lag on either end, dealing 12% and half a second of hitstun to grounded foes within range. They’ll do a simple sword swing against foes who approach them from the air with .15 seconds of lag on either end that deals 15% and knockback that kills at 145%. If nobody gets within range of them for 8 seconds, they’ll channel cripple over 1.5 seconds. If nobody interrupts the Doom Guard, the nearest foe’s attack/movement speed will be cut by 35% for 8 seconds.

Doom Guards have an abominable 70 stamina, but they still take knockback so you can push them off the stage. You d
amn well better – considering Valozarg can cast Doom on his Doom Guards, that’s the only way you’ll ever kill them.

Aside from giving the foe more to dodge to make them fall into your own attacks like fsmash, a more specific use of the Doom Guards is to scoop them up with Up Special in addition to a Blood Wave. A Doom Guard can make life significantly harder for the foe in getting off the cleaver. Blood Elementals don’t work due to how they merge with the Blood Waves.

SPECIAL UP SMASH – RAINING BLOOD

Valozarg turns his head skyward and vomits up a stream of blood off the top of the screen over half a second, his head having superarmor as he does so. Contact with the blood as it goes off the top corrupts a foe at a rapid rate of 1% per every tenth of a second they’re in the stream.

After it goes off the top of the screen, it immediately starts raining back down over all of your foes for anywhere between 1 and 5 seconds based off how long you charged. The rain comes down only on top of the foes, though it does follow them as they move. If they stand in the raining blood for the full 5 seconds (Which they won’t), their corruption meter will go up by 40%. Any blood they dodge hits the floor and becomes usable by your other attacks. If it falls on your Blood Elementals/Waves it fuses with them and if it falls on Valozarg it heals him up to 30% if all three streams rain down on him for the full 5 seconds. . .Of course, this smash attack deals 30% to Valozarg fully charged, so that’s rather beside the point. Valozarg can’t bring down more Blood Rain until the current storm clears.

If there’s only 2 foes, then the Blood Rain that would’ve been used on the third person is added to the Blood Rain that falls down on the other 2. This means if they stand in place the whole time their corruption meter will fill up by 60%. With only one foe, it’s 120%.

Due to the foe having to constantly keep moving to avoid the falling stream of blood, this is a good way to drench the entire stage in blood, much less with 3 people, and can sometimes make them run away from you if they’d rather deal with the blood on stage then your healing. While this has to be charged to be that useful, you can feel free to charge it up as you can always just release said charge early to get free superarmor on your head should a foe come to interrupt it.

GRAB GAME

Valozarg’s grab-game is awkward in that he has four directional grabs – forward, backward, upward, and downward. He’s not forced to use a throw after grabbing a foe, able to move and attack as he pleases. To throw them, input the same input you did to grab them. Inputting neutral Z has Valozarg perform all pummels at once that are applicable. Foes outside the grabbed victim must hit the part of Valozarg’s body he used to grab the victim to free them.

UP GRAB - CHOMP

Valozarg chomps forward (Can be angled) with .3 seconds of lag. Decently fast, but the range without a doubt leaves something to be desired. This is mainly to defend your head which foes are undoubtedly going to target. Should he hit, the foe will be trapped inside his mouth. Valozarg can still use moves that open his mouth with a foe inside, but as he does so it becomes twice as easy for the foe to escape the grab.

UP PUMMEL - REGURGITATE

Valozarg pukes up demonblood on the foe without opening his mouth. This fills the foe’s corruption meter by 5% and only has .1 second of lag. Unlike Neutral Special, this only deals 5% to Valozarg to boot and there’s nothing the foe can do to dodge it. They’d better hope their teammates get to Valozarg in time. . .

UP THROW – SPIT

Valozarg spits the foe at a diagonal downward angle, dealing 12% and never KOing. Valozarg spits the foe out at such an angle that the move is easily comboed into forward grab.

FORWARD GRAB – PIT LORD’S CLUTCHES

Valozarg reaches forward with one of his hands, loosing his grip on his cleaver. Similar statistics to the up grab, but due to foes having little reason to approach this area of Valozarg they won’t regularly come into it’s short range. Not that it matters, seeing an up grab means a free forward grab.

FORWARD PUMMEL - SQUEEZE

Valozarg squeezes the foe in his grip for 5% and .35 seconds of lag. If you want to resume your corruption from up grab, you can just vomit down onto them with Neutral Special fine.

FORWARD THROW - TOSS

The Pit Lord throws the foe backwards for 12% at a diagonally backward angle that easily combos into Up Grab. . .Valozarg has an infinite chain grab that not only kills the foe but can corrupt them to fight for him? Good god. This is why you brought along a raiding party so the others can interrupt him. If they aren’t around, the chain grab stops working at 50% due to you flying too fast, but if he grabs you with up/forward grab at 0% he’ll have more then enough time to fully corrupt you.

BACK GRAB – TAIL LASSO

Valozarg attempts to snare foes hiding behind him with his tail. Considering this is Valozarg’s only option to defend his massive girth from behind and he turns around quite slowly, it’s a good thing for him this is as good as it is. It can be angled pretty much anywhere behind him for good coverage and only has .2 seconds of lag on it.

BACK PUMMEL - SLAM

Valozarg raises his tail skyward before slamming it down with the foe. If you hold the pummel longer, he raises his tail up higher before slamming it down. At minimum this has .2 seconds of lag and deals 3%, .8 seconds of lag and 17% damage at max. The main thing you’ll want to do this for outside more damage is to move your tail up so that the ungrabbed foes have more trouble freeing the one trapped by your tail. The tail is a hitbox that deals 75% of the damage the main victim is dealt as it slams down.

BACK THROW - CONSTRICT

Valozarg constricts the foe in his tail for 5% over .4 seconds before they drop to the ground lifelessly, out of air as if they had a broken shield. Your Back grab game in general is a good disabler in that it makes foes attack your tail (Which means you take no knockback or stun), and this throw complements it all the more.

DOWN GRAB - STOMP

Valozarg lifts up one of his front legs before stomping them down. Considering this actually affects the ground the low range on this grab isn’t as much as an issue, though it is a bit laggier at .4 seconds. This grab is triple as hard to escape as a standard one and foes can’t hit your foot to free their stomped companion earlier. However; if they make you take enough knockback to push you off them or you move, they’re freed.

DOWN PUMMEL - CRUSH

Valozarg stomps down into the ground where the foe is harder, dealing 3% over .5 seconds. A pretty bad pummel that makes the damage input rather small despite the long grab time. . .Or is it?

Earthquake is the main tool you want to be looking at here. Because the foe is stomped under your foot, they won’t take the upward knockback from Earthquake but will still take the damage, and that damage adds up very quickly.

DOWN THROW - SCRAPE

This is more a pummel then a throw in that the foe doesn’t get released from the grab here. Valozarg simply walks forward as normal, but the foot he has the victim grabbed under he drags along, scraping them along the floor. Valozarg moves at half his already slow movement speed here, but it’s better then no movement at all, yes? Valozarg goes forward half a Battlefield platform and deals 7% to the foe. You can input the opposite direction Valozarg is facing for him to turn around before he moves.

FINAL SMASH – ORCISH RAID

Before we go into the Final Smash, we need to make clear that Valozarg very very easily obtains smash balls with his ridiculously massive range and power – fsmash is the most blatant example. Getting the Smash Ball isn’t work for Valozarg. If the Smash Ball spawns with Valozarg in play, it’s considerably more likely then not he’s going to get it, especially in a typical FFA setting where you’d find Smash Balls. This means that Valozarg has to put in considerably more effort to actually take advantage of Final Smashes then simply getting a Smash Ball. . .

Upon activating the Final Smash, a deep Orcish voice can be heard yelling “Slay the Pit Lord!” as a raiding party of 10 Orcs come in from the background, 4 Raiders, 4 Grunts, and 2 Warlocks. The Orcs are hostile to everybody – including Valozarg, obviously, and considering he’s such a ridiculously large target they naturally tend to target him more then other players. Considering there’s 3 other players for them to also target, though, it’s roughly 50/50 who their attention goes to.

Raiders have 45 stamina and are 1.5X as wide as Bowser due to their wolf mounts, but slightly shorter. Their movement speed is Captain Falcon’s and their sword slash is very quick and long ranged, but deals a laughable 6% and very weak knockback.

They redeem theselves with their other attack – throwing a net forwards that ensnares foes, preventing them from moving at all. When attempting to ensnare Valozarg, Raiders aim their nets at his hooves, able to ensnare both the front set and back set with one set. Ensnaring only one set lowers Valozarg’s movement, but ensnaring both prevents him from moving at all or using his down grab game. The nets last 15 seconds and Raiders can only fire one every 20 seconds.

Grunts have 60 stamina are roughly Marth’s size, a bit shorter but around 1.3X as wide. Their main attack is a bit slower and less ranged then the Raiders’, but deals 10% and kills at 170%. Their other attack is much slower – Warlock Punch lag for 17% and knockback that kills at 120%. Fortunately, Grunts are smart with their usage of their laggy attack and only use it on stunned/disabled foes, more often then not ones that are ensnared.

Warlocks have 35 stamina are roughly Luigi’s size, 1.4X as wide. Their main attack is a generic fireball that deals 7%, has the range of half Final Destination and flinches. Every 5 seconds, though, they cast Bloodlust on a random Orc which functions identically to Valozarg’s Bloodlust.

Soooooo why does Valozarg want to get the Smash Ball other then to prevent others from using their Final Smashes, again? Because the Orcs can be corrupted, and their “corruption meters” are only 20% the size of a player character’s. Valozarg will generally want to convert the Warlocks last so they make the other Orcs easier for him to corrupt, if unintentionally. Once on his side, Ensnare is a very welcome addition to Valozarg’s arsenal and there’ll be so many things for foes to dodge that he can just casually throw out an fsmash and it’ll probably hit. While the regular Orcs have no time limit for their duration, any Corrupted Orcs vanish when Valozarg dies.

PLAYSTYLE

Valozarg really doesn’t have to set up at all. Blood automatically comes out of him as he takes damage, so he can still fight in the mean time while he’s waiting for the highlight of his game to begin. He’ll probably be playing defensively for the most part here to prevent said damage to come up too fast due to not having said blood to fall back on, being overly protective of his head with neutral A, utilt, and spot dodges, if possible splitting the foes up with moves like ftilt so he only has one foe to deal with one at a time, which he’s more then capable of doing.

If the foes are hiding away in the corners and setting up rather then attacking, then there’s no need to wait. Just spam Neutral B to cover the stage in blood and skip the nonsense. It only takes a literal second – and 100%, but that’s peanuts to you. Setting up before the set-up characters do is essential, as Valozarg struggles to avoid traps due to his size. Considering he can set up instantly when necessary, though, he can pressure the set-up characters quite well to prevent them from starting up their thing.

Now that you have a sea of blood to bathe in, you can move on to the meat of the game. You can go for one gigantic Blood Wave and try to push foes into it with ftilt/stun them with Neutral A, though this is among the most predictable of your options. Besides, if you want to hit with a single Blood Wave, do you really want to keep reanimating it when it misses? Scoop it up along with as many foes as possible with Up Special. To keep the foe from getting off easily you’ll want a Doom Guard on-board the cleaver, meaning you’ll probably want to summon a weak Blood Elemental in the “set-up” phase so it’ll be nice and weak by now, ready to be doomed.

Inevitably you won’t scoop up all three foes onto the cleaver/one will escape, so you’ll generally want to save that for when a foe is already corrupted and/or grab one of them, most preferably with down grab seeing the foes you scoop up won’t be able to knock you off the stomped foe.

This can be made easier by branching off from a strategy of simply overwhelming your foe with Blood Elementals and Doom Guards so they simply have too much to dodge. If you let them tank for you, the Elementals will generally come together and merge, but if you tank (Something you’re more then capable of) with them on either side of you they’ll stay apart, meaning there’ll be blood flying everywhere and you can doom each and every individual one of them. Doom Guards in general are more much better for diverting attention then Blood Elementals in that foes have to do more then mindlessly dodge attacks – they have to go to each of them every 8 seconds to interrupt/prevent Cripple. Foes also generally likes to attack Doom Guards to push them off stage. Special Fsmash also helps in making more blood and making foes run around like chickens with their heads cut off.

If the Blood Elementals healing each other with their projectiles prevents them from becoming Doom Guards, then you can say “screw it” and merge them with a single Tidal Wave and scoop up the foes like discussed earlier (You should at least of gotten –one- Doom Guard by now), or just keep staying with the strategy anyway until you get to KO percents. From here you should have an excellent window for Reincarnation what with blood flying everywhere – if you spam Neutral Special/Special Fsmash to get here faster (But have less time to casually mess around at mid percentages), you’ll definitely have a corruption by now to make it all the easier, and you should be able to manage to grab at least one of them. The third lonely foe should be easy enough to scare away with just about anything.

So you got Reincarnation down, now you need to reach 999%. . .While Special Fsmash doesn’t raise your damage as fast as Neutral Special, the superarmor you get for your head can make it a more conservative choice. Try and keep any remaining foes away with ftilt and use Neutral Special in the cooldown of ftilt – Neutral Special’s so fast that you’ll still be able to use it even when your wing momentum is very high. With said wing momentum, even if you do get knocked off-stage you’ll have a possibility of actually making it back, and ftilt in general keeps the foe away while you keep vomiting to reach 999%. Before you vomit blood to the point of killing yourself, it’d probably be a good idea to cast Bloodlust on the foe seeing you’ll be sending enough blood to fill 300% of a Corruption Meter. . .

If you do Reincarnate, any foes who are still somehow uncorrupted should be in tears as they have to start all over – not with a fresh slate either. Their fellow raiders will be corrupted, Doom Guards will be everywhere, and they won’t be able to see anything but blood as it rains down into an already storming sea.

MATCH-UPS

VALOZARG VS. HYATT, HYATT, HYATT – 67.5/32.5, VALOZARG’S FAVOR

So. . .Much. . .Blood. . .While Hyatt and Valozarg ignore the blood each other generate (What, you expect Valozarg to corrupt Hyatt with her own blood and Hyatt to willingly absorb Valozarg’s?), it looks identical, making things confusing for both parties. Hyatt and Valozarg’s blood can stack on the same piece of ground, but there’ll be no visual indication there’s any more blood there then normal. Valozarg doesn’t really care where his Blood Elementals come up though and, for Blood Wave he can gather all the blood in one place with Earthquake. Hyatt doesn’t care where his blood is for Side Special healing, but unfortunately Valozarg is immune to tripping on Hyatt’s puddles, removing one of their big benefits. Hyatt’s usmash proves complicated to use here, though, due to her having no idea where they’re going to come up. . .Or it would, if Valozarg didn’t cover up so much of the stage she can just casually use it and it probably hits him anyway.

While Hyatt can’t set up her KOs with trips, it’s pretty easy for her to land her relatively powerful KO moves due to the low start-up time, how big Valozarg is and that she has 2 duplicates running around. Getting the KO is easy for Hyatt when it’s finally time – she just has extreme problems damaging Valozarg enough in order to do so and her lightweight status means she’ll be dying much faster. Hyatt’s aerials are far from ideal for stunning Valozarg’s head (That fair is laughable) in order to keep him from just blasting the Hyatts away. Hyatt will generally want to spam usmash due to Valozarg struggling to dodge it as much as he does for damage - don’t bother with healing, you don’t want to have to set up more blood puddles when you’re being shot at by a legion of Blood Elementals, Doom Guards, and of course the Pit Lord himself. Even if you succeed in healing all you’re doing is giving the corrupted version of yourself a fresh slate to start with. While this might sound pretty bad for Hyatt (It still is), landing all 5 hits of all 3 Hyatt usmashes is 75%, so while the Hyatt team remains very predictable they can still get some damage on Valozarg.

VALOZARG VS. CAIRNE, DOPPELORI, SHEEP MAN – 45/55, RAIDING PARTY’S FAVOR

Cairne can’t casually get in 3 free War Stomps on the ground due to Valozarg’s body not taking hitstun, so he can’t casually set up his pit. What’s more, Valozarg’s Earthquake completely undoes any progress Cairne makes on pits. Considering Earthquake is such an awkward laggy attack, though, making pits isn’t useless in that it forces him to use it. Other then wanting to rob Cairne of his game, Valozarg will want to destroy the pit because going down into it makes his attacks go at very awkward angles due to his size. Other then that, Cairne is a bad team member against Valozarg in that his dsmash doesn’t make him immune to corruption thus making it entirely useless and that stalling for Reincarnation works against him – he’ll just be giving his corrupted self the Reincarnation. While Cairne contributes nothing much to the team outside the most reliable KO options when it’s finally time to finish the Pit Lord, he’s a nightmare once he’s on Valozarg’s side, seeing he’ll never rejoin the raiders and will be fighting for Valozarg for 2 stocks without being needed to be re-corrupted. Once Cairne is corrupted, Valozarg can help out his new minion very easily by making him artificial sloped terrain – scoop him and an uncorrupted foe up then tilt the cleaver at an angle.

Doppelori also struggles with her default hit and repel – she can’t really knock Valozarg away far enough in order to make the space to approach again. Even if she wants to play hit and run, Valozarg takes up so much of the godd
amn stage there’s not much of any place to run to, and said locations will probably be occupied by camping Blood Elementals. Considering Cairne will be permanently out of the running sooner then later, Doppelori will have to provide the main KO power of the team with her dsmash – something she’s far from eager to use. Though then again, considering her Down Special/Uair defense defends her entirely from demonblood due to it not dealing any damage, it won’t be taking any other damage. Doppelori can awkwardly play a decent defensive game here. . .Which obviously means she’s going to be generating lots and lots and lots of Smash Balls. . .

. . .Which is very bad, considering Valozarg devours all Smash Balls with a casual fsmash. While Valozarg’s Final Smash isn’t absolutely devastating it’s far from welcome and the Smash Ball is the team’s best shot at beating Valozarg, so they aren’t going to let him have it easily. Doppelori will want to keep stunning Valozarg so he can’t use said casual fsmash to get the ball while Cairne and Sheep Man chase after it. Cairne’s Final Smash in particular can win the team the match single handedly. . .But considering he’ll be down for the count before long and he can’t get it nearly as easily as Sheep Man as the Smash Ball hovers up into the air, it can’t be relied on, but it can occasionally score a easy win for the raiders.

Considering Doppelori will simply be playing camper-esque and not setting up and Cairne has no choice but to be entirely offensive, Valozarg isn’t going to go out of his way to set-up ASAP by vomiting, especially considering he likes the match going on longer so Doppelori can make him more Smash Balls (As if those incompetent Raiders could ever get it!). This means Sheep Man can set-up fairly unnoticed, and his set-up doesn’t take all that long either. Seeing he has the time he does, he can set-up his clouds in a way to maintain themselves. He’ll want to keep going higher and higher with his clouds so Valozarg can’t destroy them with a casual fsmash or an attack that turns his body into a hitbox. If Valozarg isn’t stupid he’ll want to prevent Sheep Man from making clouds that high, though obviously that’s where Cairne and Doppelori earn their keep by distracting him. If Sheep Man can pull it off, then the team has a constant source of damage on Valozarg, as he’s far too large to get out of the way of the clouds. Sheep Man indeed gets the main damage for the team, but considering Valozarg takes all the hits from the lightning Sheep Man will struggle to charge up and thus can’t really KO Valozarg.

VALOZARG VS. MEWTWO, ENVY – 60/40, VALOZARG’S FAVOR

The fact Valozarg is immune to grabs starts the match-up off on the wrong foot for the raiders in this battle of gods almost immediately – Envy and Mewtwo are absolutely filled with grabs. The other part of Envy’s god status – his ability to take 200% before dying no matter what, is also absolutely laughable here as Valozarg corrupts Envy long before then while easily laughing off attacks as he survives on until 400%. Mewtwo’s main method of KOing in gimping is invalidated here primairily due to Mewtwo having no way of getting Valozarg off-stage due to his various teleport grabs not working on Valozarg and Valozarg being so insanely heavy.

Mewtwo still has some tools to disable Valozarg in response to how horribly Valozarg cripples he and Envy. Levitation Field forces Valozarg into the air. . .Which doesn’t really disable that much seeing Valozarg can use his grounded moves in the air aside from dsmash/dgrab, but considering Valozarg’s aerial speed is so horrible and Levitation Field halves it, Valozarg may as well be entirely stationary in a levitation field, and struggles to bat away Mewtwo when his ridiculously powerful attacks somehow only deal flinching knockback – though he doesn’t really need to when he can use point blank vomiting to corrupt Mewtwo without giving him enough time to Telekinesis it away.

Speaking of Telekinesis, it’s a very valuable option here – all that blood raining from above, being sent from Blood Elementals and puked towards you from Valozarg? Levitate it all off stage without a second thought. Telekinesis doesn’t affect blood on the ground or Blood Waves, though, meaning they’ll be the main thing Valozarg uses, though he’ll probably still get some Blood Elementals anyway to turn them into Doom Guards.

Envy can’t really copy Blood Wave or Blood Elemental to use up Valozarg’s blood due to Blood Elementals/Waves becoming usable blood for Valozarg when they collapse and Elementals constantly firing projectiles that turn into usable blood. Doom is the most ideal move to copy, but the move has very little lag making it hard to do so – though you can copy just about anything from him simply due to his size. If you can’t get Doom, Fsmash is a very easy move to copy that doesn’t need stupidly large damage to KO Valozarg and also hits all of his minions in one sweep. Valozarg isn’t really equipped to dodge his own fsmash due to it’s insanely large hitbox and how he can’t dodge with his whole body, making it a ridiculously good KO move on him. . .Too good. Valozarg isn’t going to let you have it, so all you accomplish by that is simply locking a move on him.

Valozarg’s Up Special is very hard to get seeing he’ll only use when it’ll hit you, you can’t punish him for it, and it’s rather fast, but if you can manage it you can heft Valozarg up on his own cleaver, have Mewtwo lift Valozarg up higher with a Levitation field, hop into the levitation field with them then use Up Special again and repeat until you KO him. Considering it’s so hard to copy Up Special and Valozarg uses the move in general a lot more then fsmash, he’ll still use it, meaning it’s at least –possible- to copy. Either way, Envy is the KO power here. If he can’t copy anything, Mewtwo can just hold Valozarg in a Levitation Field and Envy can fully charge his usmash/dsmash to get whatever he needs. Hell, Envy doesn’t even need Mewtwo’s cooperation. He can just use his freaking JAB to kill Valozarg.

The pair struggles massively to damage Valozarg, meaning Envy’s ridiculous KO power and varied KO options are very necessary for them to have any shot of taking him down. The pair does stick around a good bit longer then most without playing defensive, though, simply due to their good weight and recovery and how Mewtwo’s Telekinesis sends all the blood projectiles off-stage, slowing the corruption process. Their survival time means they’ll be sticking around long enough to feasibly get the damage they need. While the pair of Mewtwo and Envy do very very well for only 2 characters against Valozarg, they’re still only 2 characters against Valozarg. It’s not difficult for Valozarg to entirely disable just 2 characters through his multiple grabs/corruption, and the other is still screwed if he disables just one. Without Mewtwo Valozarg can send out his projectiles at will, and without Envy Mewtwo simply cannot feasibly KO. Either way, when one goes down Valozarg can chain grab the other one to his death for a corruption via fgrab/ugrab, and that’s not even taking into account the other broken corrupted character hunting the remaining one down. . .

VALOZARG VS. TAC, TAC, TAC – 50/50

Tac’s aerial steals serve as nothing but permanent poking tools of 5% here due to Valozarg having no aerials (And he can’t use Valozarg’s ground moves in the air), and Tac is incapable of stealing Valozarg’s special smashes. Inputting the grab steal only gives Tac Valozarg’s forward grab, which is rather irrelevant when Valozarg is immune to grabs anyway. Tac doesn’t get Valozarg’s monumental weight either, but he isn’t plagued by Valozarg’s massive size on the other.

Team Tac will without a doubt want to corrupt Valozarg, as the Tacs are at a blatantly obvious disadvantage trying to KO Valozarg traditionally. As if the weight wasn’t obvious enough, Valozarg at least gets his aerial jumps and ftilt to make it back to the stage – he gives no recovery move for the TACs to make it back to the stage, meaning Valozarg is going to want to just casually poke them off the stage and laugh.

Valozarg has an awful lots of advantages, doesn’t he? That he does, but they only take him so far when Valozarg is so laughably easy to steal moves from due to his awkward “dodges” and his massive girth, making him take damage all the while. The three TACs can’t corrupt Valozarg together – a single one of them has to get their own individual corruption on Valozarg to 100%. Still, Valozarg obviously can’t do much to dodge the blood and two seconds of straight vomiting on him is all one needs to finish him. . .Of course, this also puts the TAC at absurdly high damage percents so stupidly fast it’s not funny, making them even stupidly easier to KO then they already are. Assuming the TAC are smart and split up though, Valozarg won’t be able to kill them all before one of them corrupts him, most probably. Valozarg of course isn’t going to let them do that as he’s rather screwed, making it a close race to see who can KO who first. It’s not uncommon for this match to take under a minute.

VALOZARG VS. ABRA, SILVER, ARAN RYAN – 47.5/52.5 – RAIDING PARTY’S FAVOR

Abra is very much playing his usual hit and run tactics here, primairily due to his teleports avoiding the demonblood blasts that will eventually be flying everywhere as well as they do. Valozarg struggles significantly to get his hands on Abra when he’s being pressured by two other characters without spamming Neutral Special to high heaven and nearly killing himself in the process, meaning Abra’s a good damager for the team.

Silver can’t really do his camping thing due to Valozarg’s fsmash going right through any frail platforms he puts in his way simply due to the size of the hitbox and Valozarg’s grab immunity. While Silver’s Down Special does nothing to protect the group from Valozarg’s angleable Neutral Special, it can protect against the mindless Blood Elementals to an extent and makes it very awkward for Valozarg to angle his melee attacks as he goes over the weird looking terrain. Yeah, Valozarg can undo this all with Earthquake, but Earthquake has a good bit of lag while Silver’s Down Special is d
amn near lagless. Silver’s Neutral Special/Bair is also very easy to hit with here due to it being hard for him to find an instance when he’s NOT within Bowser’s width of Valozarg. Yeah, Valozarg adjusts to it fairly easily due to not needing to recover and how he barely moves at all due to already covering most of the stage, but he’ll still be in shock for a couple seconds, allowing Aran Ryan to easily score the KO.

Aran Ryan will probably be Valozarg’s main target due to him being necessary for the raiding party to score the kill and because he’s so much easier to kill with that horrible recovery. Aran Ryan’s Side Special won’t do much against Valozarg’s ridiculously long ranged attacks and demonblood, either. Ryan can’t just casually set-up at the start of the match due to having Valozarg’s attention, thus Silver will have to help him by giving Valozarg occasional moments of shock with Bair/Neutral Special or Ryan will have to use his usmash to get the horseshoes into his gloves. If Silver does use Bair/Neutral Special, then he won’t be able to use it to set up Ryan’s eventual KO that well due to Valozarg becoming able to get used to the controls faster, but once Ryan has his horseshoes he probably shouldn’t need help. If they want a guaranteed KO, though, Silver will want to save the Neutral Special/Bair for later and just have Ryan use a standard KO move of which he has no shortage of. Don’t bother with getting superarmor – Valozarg can still corrupt you when you have it on, and he has four different grabs to boot.

If Valozarg does start taking the lead and corrupts Ryan, Abra’s the main hope for the group. Silver obviously can’t KO, but he’ll be the one to go next simply because he’s a much easier target then Abra. Abra’s hit and run can still viably work to an extent in a 3 on 1 – even with one of the 3 as a boss character that counts for 3 characters. 5 on 1 then? Just expect to do a lot more running then hitting – the hits will be few and far between. Kill your former companions first, Ryan’s probably the easiest one to pick off, though Silver is the biggest threat – yes bigger then Valozorg. He’s the best at actually pursuing you successfully and bringing you down for the others to kill in one fell swoop. If you can manage to get it to just you and Valozorg (Possible), then killing him is somewhat feasible. The idea is to frustrate him into spamming Neutral Special and eventually going for Reincarnation, then finally coming in to finish him. Relatively sound in theory, but more complicated when those d
amn Doom Guards who will be swarming the stage at this point keep crippling you to slow you down and the fact one mess up means a loss. You’ll have to keep checking in on the Doom Guards as you flee around, which makes you somewhat predictable. Valozarg’ll probably catch you eventually, but you have every right to laugh at him for putting him through so much frustration. Actually KOing him is pretty unrealistic (Though possible), but you have a 40/60 shot of stalling him out (After you kill Ryan/Silver) considering he obviously has far more damage then you.

VALOZARG VS. HUNTER J, SUBARU, ABOMASNOW – 70/30, VALOZARG’S FAVOR

J’s playstyle is made rather obsolete seeing landing her Neutral Special isn’t that hard with two other people to back her, and it’s not like it’s that laggy in the first place. Further adding to this is the fact Drapion is entirely useless due to having nothing to grab – If anything, Drapion is entirely a boon to Valozarg’s team for once Valozarg corrupts J. Ariados is considerably more useful though. While Valozarg can’t fall into dsmash due to it’s grab-esque nature and he doesn’t really care about losing movement speed from usmash (Though he’ll nearly always be under it’s effects), Ariados and the web provide good meat shields to block demonblood, seeing they can’t be corrupted. Ariados’ fsmash is just about all the damage racking J contributes, though, Salamence’s camping proving to be very obsolete. Valozarg will want to try to ignore Ariados as best he can, especially considering if he kills J with Ariados still alive Ariados joins him.

Abomasnow’s snow and Valozarg’s demonblood on the ground cancel each other out awkwardly. If Abomasnow brings down snow over the blood, Valozarg can’t use the blood until the snow over it goes away. However; Valozarg’s blood burns through the snow, when it falls down on it. It’s not particularly hard for either party to disable each other, but considering Valozarg’s blood just can’t be used and doesn’t get destroyed like Abomasnow’s snow, it’s more in the Pit Lord’s favor. Still, it’s not that hard for Abomasnow to make more snow, and while Abomasnow doesn’t contribute that much to damaging he can be a good backup for KOs and his messing with Valozarg’s blood is a welcome contribution. Abomasnow dies to Valozarg pretty easily seeing ingraining down onto the stage and healing won’t do anything to prevent him from being corrupted (Valozarg LIKES him healing), but the thing is corrupting Abomasnow doesn’t solve the problem – Abomasnow will still be making snow that makes using your blood awkward and you’ll still be fighting him for the stage. Corrupting him doesn’t make things any easier, so save him for last.

Subaru can get up her momentum fine and loop-de-loop around, avoiding the blood raining down everywhere, it’s the matter of crashing into Valozarg at full speed that’s difficult. You can’t just casually swerve around Valozarg’s ridiculously long range fsmash and then go to hit him with your KO move. Granted, it’s not all lollipops and rainbows for Valozarg either, as he has to time an fsmash well in advance in order to get around the lag. Subaru can just wait for an opening made by Abomasnow distracting Valozarg with snow or Salamence actually growing some balls and attacking head on, but then her usefulness will be limited. The group already can KO fine without her already, and she doesn’t contribute any damage racking which the group is starving for. She can possibly go for a win by stalling by just loop de looping around considering Valozarg will have way more damage, but this is very difficult.

Valozarg is an original character, as is Gobjob if you didn’t get the message. They’re essentially just named a Pit Lord and Goblin Alchemist, but Gobjob put a much more heavy emphasis on slavery beyond just the ogre mount and Pit Lords have never been able to animate blood. I considered just making the moveset entitled Mannoroth, but I felt it was too OOC. The idea for Valozarg came about when I gave it to a Pit Lord I was RPing when I gave it the blood animation powers. I feel more confident about calling them “OCs” due to actually giving them backstories and inserting them into the Warcraft 3 storyline, albeit despite Valozarg only being a part of Mannoroth’s backstory.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
I'm on hiatus, just so you all know.

I haven't vanished and I haven't lost interest entirely, I'm just going through a lull in those damn late winter months and haven't really had the time or the inclination to MYM recently. I'm taking some time off - more than a year after becoming an authority, I think I have that right - and will hopefully be back and commenting and finishing up sets and so on sooner rather than later.

Also I bet I won't like Valozarg just because he's so unSmash that he's almost tacky, am calling it now so that you can't accuse me of going against meanie's opinion later on

And lastly I'll still probably follow the thread/HQ/Canvas if not dwell on it, so if there's anything really pressing that needs me I'll likely notice it

Neherazade

Smash Journeyman
O dear god... this seems like SSE all over again. *trying to get in MYM spirit, my unwanted review of VAlo-what's his name to come*

Katapultar

Smash Lord
Im gonna say first: Im absolutely surprised at the thread's sudden activity. Kris did an excellent job at reviving activity.

[size=+3]Valozarg[/size]
Kind of funny, didn't know which game series Valozarg came from until I saw 'Godjob.' Oh, so Valozarg is a OC. Didn't know that til the end.

I see you're taking interesting mechanics and milking them for what they're worth. While the concept of
3v1 is kind of unsmash, I find it rather interesting at the same time. If Valozarg was in Brawl, he'd be more of a bonus character rather than a regular character. Hell, he even needs his own stage, seeing as how apparently the raiders are the ones intruding.

Nitpicking
I have NO idea what the Up-Special is meant to do, not to mention that the attack seems a bit akwardly structured (I don't think 'bringing it down' is the best way to describe the animation, there's no detail in how he does it). Scooping seems to be hard to imagine, yet alone you don't even state what scooping 'does' to foes. I'd presume it

After the demonblood mechanic, I didn't really expect anything more. But adding the aerial momentum mechanic to Valozarg through the use of a F-tilt that blows the foe away a battlefield is....incredibly cheap. This is further expanded on by the fact that Valozarg can just keep doing this with no lag, and he can't really be disrupted with all his Blood Specials active and his weight. For all I care, Valozarg could just abandon his playstyle and simply spam this attack to win. It can be used in the air, right?

I don't think Valozarg has a grab KO move. You said he did in Doom to use in conjunction with a summoning.

Overall Thought
Valozarg has a lot of going for him. Yet throughout the set, some attacks seem rather uneccesary or completely broken, such as the F-tilt as I mentioned. You don't even argue a reason for that flight effect. Valozarg seems more like a traditional boss rather than a character with a greatly flowing playstyle, he has individual methods of attacking and KOing that don't relate to each other to well or being just for defence.

I've been too negative however. I shouldn't be this harsh, especially since you've bought up a fairly new concept (or one that's been on everyone's idea for years, but you did it first) and experimented with it. I do find the concept of 3v1 fun, which could be further expanded on if somebody else tries their hand at this. I'd say you've done a very good job at trying to fit this concept into Brawl.

From your sets, Im starting to get the idea that the concept of looking into new mechanics interests you from this point. In that case, all of us will look forward to what you try next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom