• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NOOB 1- Feb. 20, 2010 - HBOX, COLBOL, RockCrock, Shiz, Kspdn and other PRO SMASHERS

Status
Not open for further replies.

yummynbeefy

Smash Champion
wtf scidadle you think kirby beats falco? uhh no may not be complete and utter brape for kirby but it definately isnt in his favor by a long shot

also renth can u teach me a few things about ganon if your coming to this

SmashMac

Smash Lord
Sorry for the bad news but I don't know if we'll be actually going to this. Probably should take us off the title.

yummynbeefy

Smash Champion
the noob1 and vsa tampa situation sucks i hate it to hell i just want this month to be over so we can move on to greater, better things tbth

i mean im exited for both tourneys but theres been such a war over it

first the tourneys are announced then later they realised they were on the same date and skrach decided to move his tournament but then he decided to move it back which hurt vsa melee attendance and then he got even more hype for melee making vsas melee attendance 0 forcing todd to move the date to the 27th and now smashmac may not even be going in the first place i mean wtf

Linguini

Smash Master
the noob1 and vsa tampa situation sucks i hate it to hell i just want this month to be over so we can move on to greater, better things tbth

i mean im exited for both tourneys but theres been such a war over it

first the tourneys are announced then later they realised they were on the same date and skrach decided to move his tournament but then he decided to move it back which hurt vsa melee attendance and then he got even more hype for melee making vsas melee attendance 0 forcing todd to move the date to the 27th and now smashmac may not even be going in the first place i mean wtf
what the **** are you talking about?

im madd hyped for thisss

SheerMadness

Smash Master
yummynbeefy I heard you tried to call this LAN center and have them move the date without even asking skratch 1st.

Who the hell does that? Mad gay. Don't **** with other peoples tourneys without asking them thats really low.

yummynbeefy

Smash Champion
yummynbeefy I heard you tried to call this LAN center and have them move the date without even asking skratch 1st.

Who the hell does that? Mad gay. Don't **** with other peoples tourneys without asking them thats really low.
no i asked for skraches phone # but i did mention the date of the tourney and asked if skrach wanted it moved then would you be able to move it also made it clear that i wasnt going to be the one hosting this tourney

and also i would never **** with someone elses tourney thats about as low as you go this was back when noob 1 and vsa tampa were on the same date and i originally wanted to call skrach and ask him if he could consider moving the date but it put me through to the lan center so i just asked for his phone ### and called him

smash Your m0m

Smash Journeyman

no i asked for skraches phone # but i did mention the date of the tourney and asked if skrach wanted it moved then would you be able to move it also made it clear that i wasnt going to be the one hosting this tourney

and also i would never **** with someone elses tourney thats about as low as you go this was back when noob 1 and vsa tampa were on the same date and i originally wanted to call skrach and ask him if he could consider moving the date but it put me through to the lan center so i just asked for his phone ### and called him

lol wow ni99a needs to get his fax str8 and the other ni99a needs to be be smarter..

skrach8

Smash Lord
yummy stop bringing up vsa in this thread. if u want to complain/talk/whatever it is that ur doing about vsa then do it in that thread.

All the craziness is coming from you, there hasn't been any of that for the past few pages.

I know im gunna at least a little hate from the community, but thats ok, i can handle that burden.

Do not respond to anything preceding the word this........"THIS".

now that ive closed the matter again. We can discuss pools.

Im going to be up at the venue before 12 noon.

I wanna see everyone here by 12 at the latest 1PM. I'm running this tighter then a v1rgins v@gina, so if people want pools for singles, be on time. If you live 3 hours away, prepare for it. Now how do people want to do pools, do we want eliminations or are pools strictly for seeding points?

Discuss.

skrach8

Smash Lord
after discussion of pools.

i figure doubles will only take at most 2 hours if that.

so in short

11:30 skrach arrives at the venue and the earth starts to rotate again.

12 noon venue opens, reg starts

1 pm- 2pm reg closes for doubles, doubles begins.

4 pm singles reg opens/ singles pools start.

rough draft.

I will post this on the first page. I would like input from everyone.

CaptainCrunch

Smash Ace
yummy stop bringing up vsa in this thread. if u want to complain/talk/whatever it is that ur doing about vsa then do it in that thread.

All the craziness is coming from you, there hasn't been any of that for the past few pages.

I know im gunna at least a little hate from the community, but thats ok, i can handle that burden.

Do not respond to anything preceding the word this........"THIS".

now that ive closed the matter again. We can discuss pools.

Im going to be up at the venue before 12 noon.

I wanna see everyone here by 12 at the latest 1PM. I'm running this tighter then a v1rgins v@gina, so if people want pools for singles, be on time. If you live 3 hours away, prepare for it. Now how do people want to do pools, do we want eliminations or are pools strictly for seeding points?

Discuss.
I would like elimination pools, where people who don't make it out can participate in a buy in amateur tourney. I don't mind running it if need be, but I want to get some incentive for beginners to participate in the tourney and for people who normally get destroyed in tourney to have a chance for a smaller victory.

If singles is 15$ buy in should be 5

smash Your m0m

Smash Journeyman
I would like elimination pools, where people who don't make it out can participate in a buy in amateur tourney. I don't mind running it if need be, but I want to get some incentive for beginners to participate in the tourney and for people who normally get destroyed in tourney to have a chance for a smaller victory.

If singles is 15$ buy in should be 5
good idea..ur the smart 1

skrach8

Smash Lord
Another thing to keep in mind is how big we want brackets to be. Do we want a 16 or 32 person bracket? Which ever choice we decide upon determines how many pools there are going to be and how many people are in each pool.

So the ultimate question is, do we want bigger pools or a bigger bracket?

CaptainCrunch

Smash Ace
Another thing to keep in mind is how big we want brackets to be. Do we want a 16 or 32 person bracket? Which ever choice we decide upon determines how many pools there are going to be and how many people are in each pool.

So the ultimate question is, do we want bigger pools or a bigger bracket?
bigger pools most likely. you can't really do buy ins with a big bracket.

AceDudeyeah

Smash Ace
Is the only purpose for holding pools to have a separate small-fee tourney(an attractive tourney for learners, btw) for those that don't make it out of pools?
Cause wouldn't having pools then tourney last the same as if everyone got placed into brackets from the get go?
Or would the length be shortened?

YUMMYNBEEFY!
You saw my response to the origin of your sig, right?

Kuya, sweet! You and GMan can prolly do doubles, eh? 2PM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom