• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
nice! 5 g's! good work you guys!

and great job on the drums; you seemed to play so effortlessly, too
kid on the congos was pretty cool too, Thought he was playing for the band at first, too =p

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
yea i noticed that..i dont really like that about me tho idk

it seems like i dont care, when i really do, but w/e

oh and that kid is my little cousin lol, hes funny, he acts crazy so people can look at him haha

metashinryu

Smash Ace
lol

guys check this out for me

i played in a haiti relief concert

its in spanish so if you dont understand it thats fine, but if u want take a look

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yMJUNr5ZbA
u good at drums...

and i still cant believe only haiti was damaged and our side wasnt

on other topic,im having problems at the samus matchup(AGAIN...) with some dude that has a pressure game with missiles but when you approach he wd back fsmashes you,even if you hit him with anything he will cc downsmash or grab(but mostly dsmash,he knows ill **** him if ge tries to grab) and when im avoiding all the missile crap he starts spamming samus broken dash attack-downsmash,someone got pointers?

_kSo_

Smash Master
on other topic,im having problems at the samus matchup(AGAIN...) with some dude that has a pressure game with missiles but when you approach he wd back fsmashes you,even if you hit him with anything he will cc downsmash or grab(but mostly dsmash,he knows ill **** him if ge tries to grab) and when im avoiding all the missile crap he starts spamming samus broken dash attack-downsmash,someone got pointers?
to get around the cc stuff, I'd say either grab him or straight up knee him if he isn't at a really low percent.

And for the missiles, you should try to find his rhythm, just like falco lasers, and run/jump around it. If he tries to wd back into something, just overextend your aerials everytime you approach and he'll wd back into it. You can also nair his missiles so you can try playing around with that too.

also, dayumm good stuff on drums jona

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
thats pretty cool playing in a haiti relief thing

also try spacing a dair behind a samus that likes to cc wd back fsmash/dsmash

the fact that they think that you know waht they want to do scares them a bit

Afro_Chris

Smash Ace
stop djing so much makes it really easy to punish ur falcon

work on ur edge guarding

also tell the fox to stop teching in place makes it easier for u to punish him

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
How do I win the Reneblade matchup? Oh wait...I already did >=P So uhh...Peef I guess you're next to be beaten come SMYM time =)???? Money matchessssss

Teching is becoming a humongous problem for me. I go to L cancel a move then get hit before the move connects or I land on the ground then bam, I miss my tech because I already pressed R within 40 frames or whatever that hullabaloo is.

Reaver197

Smash Lord
Only press part of the way for an l-cancel. You don't need to push all the way down, then you won't have the issue of not being able to tech after l-canceling.

Hellsinglover999

Smash Journeyman
Ok, I've been hearing the don't press the trigger in all the way thing by quite a few people. Am I the only one who presses the trigger in all the way???
i push it all the way down also. The only downside is if you do you cant tech for 40 or 20 frames. If you dont push it all the way down you can still tech in those frames.

also i believe if you lcancel with the z button you can tech in those frames but i could be wrong.

_kSo_

Smash Master
Ok, I've been hearing the don't press the trigger in all the way thing by quite a few people. Am I the only one who presses the trigger in all the way???
It really isn't the biggest deal, but could get annoying if you get hit right after aerials and you try double stick DI'ing kuz then you won't be able to tech :(

also, it saves energy if you don't have to move your finger the extra half a centimeter

PEEF!

Smash Hero
How do I win the Reneblade matchup? Oh wait...I already did >=P So uhh...Peef I guess you're next to be beaten come SMYM time =)???? Money matchessssss
I'll have you know that reneblade's techchases aren't even in the same ballpark as mine. He does edgeguard better than me though haha.

Hopefully I'll scrub you when a huge crowd is watching and cheering my name.

scorekid100

Smash Apprentice
what do I do when samus is bomb jumping? I notice most of the time I just stand there and wait and when they get close enough I throw out an aerial(which doesn't really work most of the time :/). So yeah if anyone can give me some advice it would be much appreciated :D

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
what do I do when samus is bomb jumping? I notice most of the time I just stand there and wait and when they get close enough I throw out an aerial(which doesn't really work most of the time :/). So yeah if anyone can give me some advice it would be much appreciated :D
You're from Toronto?

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
scar when are u putting up the video

just write to me

im the only one thats gonna look

i promise

scorekid100

Smash Apprentice
afro_chris will train ur falcon :) and make u ready for them smashfests
omg THE afro chris?! I am truley honored to be offered such a privelage. hmm I'll try training up for smashfests and then I'll come to one for sure. btw what thread do you guys use to talk and ****? regional zones?

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
well most of the time when theyre hella far out (but close enough for falcon to reach) you can jump under their first bomb and then dj uair, hoping to hit them. And if it doesnt connect at least uve messed up their recovery, forcing them to grapple the stage at a lower point, and you will be able to make it back on the edge before it will even be possible for them to.

I actually dont like to jump out when theyre already close to the ledge to often cause I feel I have a better chance at knocking them away when I reset the ledge right before they grapple it, forcing them to pop up over you so you can uair/bair (sometimes fair/dair) them. It's a safer option if you do it right.

this is true unless the samus can regularly counter it with something like a walljump->bair.
but im pretty sure that's one of the harder things for samus to do consistently

Top Bottom