• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Kazoo Quit Mini-Modding Grand Prix #3: Birthdays 8bitman wins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
The Kazoo Quit Mini-Modding Grand Prix #3: Birthdays

It's been a hot minute, but now I'm back.

What does the third tourney have in store? Well, let's say I got a little narcissistic. Details below...
The Skinny

1. With your entrance into this tourney, you hereby give your right for all your matches to be recorded.
  2. You must have a live form of communication available to the other player @ all times! This includes, but is not limited to: Cell phone, IM, xat, or any other form of communication in which you can contact your opponent in real time. No exceptions. If I find out you don't have this, you will be DQed.
  3. Please record your matches if possible! For those of you who don't have anything to record with, please send me your matches. My Wii number is on my posting information. For those wondering to how to save your matches, head here and follow the directions in the OP.
  4. I reserve the right to remove entrants from the tournament @ my discretion should there be any reason for additional removals of entrants
  5. The prize for winning the tourney will be determined @ a later date. I can readily assure you that it won't be 2000 Wii Points, but something far greater. :)
  6. This is the third of seven online tourneys that I will be hosting with a very handsome reward on for the top three winners.
  7. Current rankings in the grand prix can be viewed here.
Schedule:
2/18 Registration opens
Rules:

• The only characters you can use are characters that existed prior to my birth. These characters are: :mario::luigi::gw: :dk::link::zelda: :bowser2::peach::rob:
  • This is a double elimination tourney. Winner's & Loser's Semis, Finals, and Championship rounds are best three of five. Everything else is best of three.
  • Report your matches in this thread and the results will be updated...
  • Items off.
  • Ties are broken by remaining lives, then %. If both criteria are tied, then the Sudden Death match will be played out.
  • First stage will be determined through stage striking from the Neutral stages listed below.
  • The loser of the first match will announce a new stage to play on for the next game. The winner will then be allowed to switch characters, followed by the loser. Apply the same logic for the third match (and fourth/fifth when applicable) if there is one. (Advanced Slob Picks)
  • No stage may be used twice in a single set if the counter-picking player has already won on that stage, unless the opponent agrees to use the stage again. (Dave's Stupid Rule)
  • Each person (or team) may choose one stage to be disabled for the entire set at the START OF THE SET, after characters have been chosen but before the random stage has been picked.
  • Controller Mods, Glitches, and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
  • Chain grabs are allowed up to 300%.
  • Japanese Ledge Rule is in effect. More than 35 ledge grabs and you lose the match.
  • In the instance of severe lag: Winners will be determined by coin flip.
Neutral:
Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Lylat

Couterpicks:
Brinstar
Delfino
Frigate Orpheon
Pokemon Stadium 1
Frigate Orpheon
Norfair
Rainbow Cruise
Pictochat

Banned:
everything else

1 Stage ban per team
3 Stocks
8 Minute Time Limit

If you want in:
Sign up format: Smashboards profile name/Brawl name/Brawl friend code/Characters you will be playing with. A xat chat is available here. If you haven't been on the chat before, send me a VM for access to it.

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
ouble post for Jebus (and the Entry List):

Reserved for the host with the most! :bee:

ENTRY LIST:

1. thegreatkazoo/KAB or other tags/2922-8999-6173/:rob: :luigi::mario: :dk:
  2. Levi- 5198-3883-4301- :link::mario:
  3. Cubone/Qbone/4983-4608-3365/:rob::gw:
  4. Lucario1337/lucar/1547-8760-8388/:zelda::luigi:
  5. Exn/Zen/5070-2805-2051/:luigi2::peach::zelda::rob::dk2:
  6. NightSky/ NiGHt/ 1935-2220-3712/ :mario2: :luigi2:
  7. Zeldspazz/o____o or SPAZZ/1462-4424-9642/:zelda::luigi::peach::rob:
  8. Jimmyfosho/Jimmy/3094-8397-9269 :mario2:
  9. Aibou/Aibou/1720-2621-5874/ :zelda:
  10. 8Bitman/ Bunny/ 4768-7105-1523/:rob:
  11. MysticKenji/Kenji/0645-5485-7188/ :link: :gw:
  12. Shadowfirex100/SogeK/3824-8826-1903/:luigi2: :gw: :peach:
  13. Neoslasherx/Mio/3223-0120-8163/:dk2:
  14. Sonic Storm/Josh/3094-1282-9792/:luigi2: :link2: :bowser2:
  15. p.mgw/2105-8323-5356/:link2::dk2::luigi2:
  16. GunmasterLombardi/GmL/2191-7311-3177/:rob: :mario2:
I hate all the good people for signing up! :mad::mad::mad: I can't win as easy!

BRACKETS:

BBQ°

Smash Champion
HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAZOO

also just pointing out you said DDD's infinite is legal to 300% but he is a banned character.

LeviNifty

Smash Ace
Happy B day Kazoo :)

I would be interesting in going in for this

Levi- 5198-3883-4301- :link::mario:

Also I don't have any recording methods so somoone else gunna have to upload them for me

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAZOO

also just pointing out you said DDD's infinite is legal to 300% but he is a banned character.
Save the birthday wishes for June. =P

Lolz @ my copy pasta.

That's been removed.

Happy B day Kazoo :)

I would be interesting in going in for this

Levi- 5198-3883-4301- :link::mario:

Also I don't have any recording methods so somoone else gunna have to upload them for me
You can send me your bin files. Details are in the OP.

Cubone/Qbone/4983-4608-3365/:rob::gw:
Added.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
The Skinny

1. With your entrance into this tourney, you hereby give your right for all your matches to be recorded.
  2. You must have a live form of communication available to the other player @ all times! This includes, but is not limited to: Cell phone, IM, xat, or any other form of communication in which you can contact your opponent in real time. No exceptions. If I find out you don't have this, you will be DQed.
I dont get why this is required. Seems a little harsh.

What if somebody had a bad day and didnt want their match recorded? And seriously if somebody doesnt have a cellphone or IM or something? Whats wrong with a vm or pm?

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
*rubs the location of where it mentions prize on computer screen* *cries because his wifi is gone* *stares a long stare while contemplating some higher power's reasoning to take away wifi*

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
I dont get why this is required. Seems a little harsh.

What if somebody had a bad day and didnt want their match recorded? And seriously if somebody doesnt have a cellphone or IM or something? Whats wrong with a vm or pm?
No johns. :p

As for the recording thing: It is more to indicate the potentiality of a match being recorded, as opposed to it actually happening (viz matches won't get recorded if I don't get bin files.)

As for what's wrong with a VM or PM? Everything. I try to handle my tourneys here like I do my offline ones. The key word: communication. So, having an active channel of communication is key to any snags that can happen during a match.

Also, the whole "IM ON WIINT GUIZE LAWL" is so not gonna swing here.

*rubs the location of where it mentions prize on computer screen* *cries because his wifi is gone* *stares a long stare while contemplating some higher power's reasoning to take away wifi*
Sorry mah dood. :(

Also, I have built up a little lead so far, so you might not be able to get me! :p

Poor dabuz :[

Exn/Zen/5070-2805-2051/:luigi2::peach::zelda::rob::dk2:

The character list is horrible :mad:
Well, blame my parents for having me. :chuckle: j/k

Added btw.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
No johns. :p

As for the recording thing: It is more to indicate the potentiality of a match being recorded, as opposed to it actually happening (viz matches won't get recorded if I don't get bin files.)

As for what's wrong with a VM or PM? Everything. I try to handle my tourneys here like I do my offline ones. The key word: communication. So, having an active channel of communication is key to any snags that can happen during a match.

Also, the whole "IM ON WIINT GUIZE LAWL" is so not gonna swing here
I gotcha about recorded matches.

Are you making an xchat for this tourney, that would be a good idea.

Btw when I host another tourney Im going to make a real stage list. lol

zeldspazz

Smash Master
In that case, Ill be happy to join. Good thinking brah

Zeldspazz/o____o or SPAZZ/1462-4424-9642/:zelda::luigi::peach::rob:

Aibou

Smash Master
'bout time! I'm taking this one this time.

Aibou/Aibou/1720-2621-5874/ :zelda:

I went all Zelda in your last one too TGK. Let's see how far she gets me here...

8Bitman

Smash Master
OMG!!! sign me up!!!
8Bitman/ Bunny/ 4768-7105-1523/ My B3aUtIfuL :rob:!!!!!

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Nothing's wrong with the stage list Kazoo :) Everyone has personal preferences.

Mine with stages just happens to be different than most.

Aibou

Smash Master
Nothing's wrong with the stage list Kazoo :) Everyone has personal preferences.

Mine with stages just happens to be different than most.
Pretty much as long as it has Frigate, you're cool with it?

lol jk

But I agree that the stages are ok, though I slightly question why Halberd isn't included.

8Bitman

Smash Master
no 1337, he would have sheik on the character list, also, kazoo for the prize since you said something far greater than 2000 wii points, what will the prize be?

im sorry if you dont have an answer since you said it hasnt been determined yet, but are we talking munnyz? wii points? etc??? any thoughts?

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
XD Hrm! I'd like to try my shot at an online tournament!

Today/Today/2750-1032-6433 /:gw: :peach:

I don't exactly have "wifi" but I have a connection cord thingie that I can connect to my router which allows me to play online that way, but that means I can't use my computer's internet. So I'll be swapping back and forth I suppose?
Sorries! But thanks and good luck to everyone!

Edit: >__<! Uhm, may I ask how this works? -^__^-; Thanks!

Lucario1337

Smash Journeyman
Oh and by the way i don't have homebrew yet (stupid computer having problems with sd card grrr..) so if the match is over 3 mins i can't record :/ or i hope my oppent can record it.

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
Jimmyfosho/Jimmy/3094-8397-9269 :mario2: i shall join for ur birthday enjoyment
It's another 4 months until my birthday. Larn2read my profile.

'bout time! I'm taking this one this time.

Aibou/Aibou/1720-2621-5874/ :zelda:

I went all Zelda in your last one too TGK. Let's see how far she gets me here...
Well, you are quite eager. All that salt can't be good for now innit? :p

I just have one question. If I use zelda am i allowed to transform into shiek?
No that's an automatic DQ.

no 1337, he would have sheik on the character list, also, kazoo for the prize since you said something far greater than 2000 wii points, what will the prize be?

im sorry if you dont have an answer since you said it hasnt been determined yet, but are we talking munnyz? wii points? etc??? any thoughts?
You won't get the answer to this until after I graduate.

Shadowfirex100/SogeK/3824-8826-1903/:luigi2: :gw: :peach:
Added.

This ***** :rob:
blah...

Neoslasherx/Mio/3223-0120-8163/:dk2:
XD Hrm! I'd like to try my shot at an online tournament!

Today/Today/2750-1032-6433 /:gw: :peach:

I don't exactly have "wifi" but I have a connection cord thingie that I can connect to my router which allows me to play online that way, but that means I can't use my computer's internet. So I'll be swapping back and forth I suppose?
Sorries! But thanks and good luck to everyone!

Edit: >__<! Uhm, may I ask how this works? -^__^-; Thanks!
Read the rules again. It is stated pretty explicitly you need one form of live communication on you @ all times or you're subject to DQ.

I'll put you on the waiting list for now. If you can get that fixed, I'll add you on.

Yeah. I'm not hacking my second Wii.
That's cool.

What happened with the first?

Knubs.

ナブ Paquito.
I honestly have no idea. It stopped reading my brawl and wii games. As of now, it can do everything else like playing Gamecube games and its other features. Still trying to get the first one fixed I suppose, but I'm procrastinating it.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
Read the rules again. It is stated pretty explicitly you need one form of live communication on you @ all times or you're subject to DQ.

I'll put you on the waiting list for now. If you can get that fixed, I'll add you on.
Oh! I see.. I'm so sorry! >__<!
Okay, gotcha..! Uhm, that might be unlikely.. the best thing I could probably do is AIM via cell phone. x-xv I guess this won't happen then. I'm sorry but have a nice time and good luck everyone else!

8Bitman

Smash Master
This ***** :rob:
blah...

Neoslasherx/Mio/3223-0120-8163/:dk2:
lol are you mad cuz im in it? ^_^ :laugh:

You won't get the answer to this until after I graduate.
uhh how long until you graduate? XD i want to know what im fighting for... lol SO I CAN GET PUMPED!!!! AAAWWWWWWWWW!!!!! XD well idc ima stilll try my best! ^_^

also shadow!!!!! AWESOME AVATAR!!!!! ^_^

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Hmm...a group of playable characters that were decided to be available by existing before a certain point in time....sounds familiar.

I'm going to assume the one live form of communication can mean a xat chat, because I'm sure as hell not giving away my phone number.

Sonic Storm/Josh/3094-1282-9792/:luigi2: :link2: :bowser2:

Aibou

Smash Master
Hmm...a group of playable characters that were decided to be available by existing before a certain point in time....sounds familiar.
He had this idea a long time ago. He just never put it into play until now.

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
uhh how long until you graduate? XD i want to know what im fighting for... lol SO I CAN GET PUMPED!!!! AAAWWWWWWWWW!!!!! XD well idc ima stilll try my best! ^_^
5/8/2010. Don't even bother asking prior to then, even if this set of tourneys is over.

I'm going to assume the one live form of communication can mean a xat chat, because I'm sure as hell not giving away my phone number.

Sonic Storm/Josh/3094-1282-9792/:luigi2: :link2: :bowser2:
I have a xat available already. Also, as for your first point...

He had this idea a long time ago. He just never put it into play until now.
This. I had this idea before you even on the boards. Quit life. :p

If Switches are allowed. Change my Peach for Zelda please.
Switched.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom