• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who ditched their own main/took up MK so they won more?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mith8

Smash Cadet
Be honest. I want to know how many MK players here switched mains because they were not winning enough with their old mains, so spent 2 days grinding on MK untill they could beat us out.

I hate fighting MKs (not with bowser), as its boring, and they always win at tourneys. It bugs me. It bugs ALOT of players.

So whoever had a main before that they ditched, please state it here, and what your old main.

A note to the posters, Try taking up a secondary you enjoy playing, then make him/her your main. TR4Q.

-Kiros-

Smash Journeyman
I play MK because he's just so blazingly fast. And I freaked when I saw MK in the Brawl Roster, he's my favorite Kirby Character. Even if MK wasn't the best, I'd play him for how he works and how he fights. Though I mained Marth at first (carried over from the VERY short time that I played Melee) I always loved MK for his playstyle. I honestly never used tornado when I first used MK (I played MK like Marth lol, Fair spam). MK was the first character I played as in Brawl, and though at first I didn't like him, I started to enjoy his playstyle as I got better.

Long story short, I play MK because I like MK for his utter coolness and not for his winning ability.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Who ditched 4chan/joined Smashboards so they could troll more?

Zozefup

Smash Lord
I switched to win more. But I also switched mains in melee from Samus to Falco to win more. And in Street fighter. And in runescape. And in diablo 2.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
I play MK because:
- His sword is so fast and his speed is really appealing. He's not like other characters. He's just super fun to play.
- He's my favorite character from the Kirby show.
- When he glides it kinda looks like a jet and I really like airplanes considering I want to be a Pilot when I grow up. (SL sounds like a jet lol)
- I like his recovery.

Zozefup

Smash Lord
What would the world look like if M2K never played Brawl? Or better yet, if he started out as a Snake main.

I bet we would all be yelling "Ban SNAKE!!!"

etecoon

Smash Hero
What would the world look like if M2K never played Brawl? Or better yet, if he started out as a Snake main.

I bet we would all be yelling "Ban SNAKE!!!"
no we wouldn't. this post is bad and you should feel bad.

theunabletable

Smash Lord
I honestly wonder what the MK metagame would be like without M2K.

I play MK because I can play gayer with MK than I can with any other character. I enjoy scrooging, planking, camping, etc so I play MK, Falco, and ICs.

If MK ever gets banned, though, I'm picking up Pit just to ease my scrooging needs a bit.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Christ, these threads are still open? ****ing **** where the hell is the over-moderation when you need it?

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
I mained Sonic, just cause he was so hype during release. I felt more comfortable with playing as Kirby, so I quit Sonic for Kirby, and started playing Metaknight, but wasn't naturally good at playing MK right away, so I stuck with Kirby, until I greatly improved with Metaknight. Kirby is still my secondary though. I really like the Kirby series. So now I'm a dreamland warrior. lol.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
dark 3nergy Reported To The Mod Police said:
Meta Knight > Who Ditched Their Own Main/took Up Mk So They Won More?

Yea Sounds Like Live Flame Bait To Me!

Jem.

Smash Master
I won two tournaments as Falco then went Metaknight because people started counterpicking Pika vs me. Then I realized Metaknight was a lot more fun for me then I mained him and have since late 08.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Response to the OP.

I did, but I didn't end up doing much better because my region would rather just nerf him than ban him outright.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Your parents were doing contraceptives wrong when they conceived you in that gas station parking lot.

Z-row

Smash Journeyman
We're talking about a combination of Kirby and Batman here (Who also happens to be the best character).

I can't imagine why anyoneplays with any other non-wario character.

Jinxkatrina8

Smash Cadet
I ditched Yoshi and Kirby and TL for MK, then felt incredibly bad about it because I didn't want to seem like a tier ***** (I only switched because I couldn't win against my friend's uber marth, lol)...

Now I'm back with my old mains ^_^

Srsly, if you like MK, play as MK, but you really shouldn't play as a character just so that you can win... Brawl is for reppin' your favorite nintendo/sega chars... Not raeping everyone else who plays >.>

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I'm a Kirby fan that needs to be better with Meta Knight, but I nearly always lose with Meta Knight in tournaments. It's impossible to replace my character with Meta Knight, a character I'm not use to in this game. =P

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
I'm a Kirby fan that needs to be better with Meta Knight, but I nearly always lose with Meta Knight in tournaments. It's impossible to replace my character with Meta Knight, a character I'm not use to in this game. =P
pretty much this. I can use kirby, but not meta.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I dropped MK and took up MK and won more matches.

Trufax.

KingJacob

Smash Apprentice
I started with Mr. Game and Watch as my main and meta knight secondary, and I was much better with Mr. Game and Watch (thought he was the best character) but then I lost to my friends sonic and dropped Mr. Game and Watch and started to love Meta-Knight. By this time Meta-knight was second to top on most of the gamefaqs tiers. I played him for a long time and loved his gimping ability, but recently people have been complaining about him so much that I switched to Marth because I love him to, and nobody complains about him.....

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I'm one of 'em.

Kinda. Wasn't so much that I would win more, but so that it'd be easier and I wouldn't have to practice anymore.

ONAGA

Smash Apprentice
I didnt neccesarily switch, but i did pick up MK to win more. I played him a while back before i started wanting to go to tournaments and never got far with him. Went through almost every char, and finally settles on rob. But having MK makes it possible to switch if you have a bad matchup with your main and cant play anyone else to your top ability. i love diddy but cant play him well enough to counter d3 with him. but rob gets crushed by d3 so now i have a counter. Plus MK is so sick, so fast, so ****. everyone should play with him sometime lol. Its like being an apache helicopter that can turn into a tornado...

Kaffei

Smash Hero
I didnt neccesarily switch, but i did pick up MK to win more. I played him a while back before i started wanting to go to tournaments and never got far with him. Went through almost every char, and finally settles on rob. But having MK makes it possible to switch if you have a bad matchup with your main and cant play anyone else to your top ability. i love diddy but cant play him well enough to counter d3 with him. but rob gets crushed by d3 so now i have a counter. Plus MK is so sick, so fast, so ****. everyone should play with him sometime lol. Its like being an apache helicopter that can turn into a tornado...
If you love Diddy why didn't you train him more

ONAGA

Smash Apprentice
mostly cause it isant my favorite playing style. I dont want to have to control the banannas all game and keep placing them where i need them. And i like mk's arials and how they auto cancel. And i like mks physics better

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I just realized something.

In fall 2008, Mew2King dropped his main (Dedede) to pick up Metaknight.

lololoollollololololololololololololololololololololololooololololololololololollllllllllllll

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom